El Lucho Brothers vs. Bandidas de Gata Negra
Lucha Libre Extravaganza

4 RP Limit for tag

Deadline: 5 pm ET Saturday, October 26, 2019
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
Excited to finally get this CD stuff shared. Been typed up for a good while, but wasn't wanting to waste it on an 'in action' match. As a result, it's set Rise to Greatness weekend LOL. But it still stands up I hope. Good luck to Bandidas de Gata Negra's handler/handlers and plz enjoy.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PYZu...sp=sharing
[Image: gAzoPXn.png]
ooc: I want to apologize that this is all I have to offer. I've spent a good part of this morning working on a CD story to accompany this, with plans to start diving into how these two girls actually met and exploring their past and why it was an essential part of how they got to now, but it's not finished and I'm afraid I won't be able to finish in time. I got a call from the new office I recently got promoted to about an emergency that I have to go in to help resolve. I was supposed to be off today with plenty of time to get this done the way I wanted to, but the call sounded urgent and I have a feeling I'm going to be tied up with whatever happened for too long to finish this as intended. I'm extremely sorry to my opponent about this, especially when I was really looking forward to getting this up in full, but my job has to come first especially if whatever's going on is as bad as it sounds so I can only post what I have done to at least give some sort of a challenge.

<Anything between these signs is considered to be spoken in Spanish and translated into English for the benefit of the viewer>

Our shot opens up on the always beautiful sight of the Gateway Arch, which is easily the most iconic thing you can see in the city of St. Louis. As the sun begins to set and evening takes hold, the beautiful red and orange sky perfectly contrasts with the sight of the stainless steel monument. Our shot pans back a little bit to see that our ability to get a shot like this is because we're filming from the balcony of a higher-end hotel that's no doubt thanks to how SCW likes to treat its stars. We end up panning past the shoulder of a woman who stares out at this picturesque view, her hair divided down the middle between a vibrant red that reminds us of another red-obsessed competitor and a black that feels like it would engulf all if it were a shadow. Once we're done panning back to get her whole body in the shot, the woman turns around to reveal the familiar face of Ruby Amarant... or at least, familiar if that were still her name. The femme fatale now known as Valeria Garcia takes a moment to brush off the sleeve of her well-worn black leather jacket before addressing the eager viewing audience, though the language she greets us with is quite a shocker in and of itself if it wasn't for your ability to watch with subtitles to understand.

Garcia: <Who are we? It's one of the greatest and most common existential questions a human being could ask, pondering who they are or why our species is the way it is. Many bring it up without truly knowing the answer, purely to seem more philosophical as they fill in the blanks with whatever drivel they can spew that makes them seem far more intelligent than they truly are. That question is one I have been asked several times over the years, usually by those who believe they recognize me but do not understand why my appearance may not be as they remember it or why I go by a different name entirely. To that, allow me to ask this in return: why is who I am relevant to you in any capacity?>

Garcia: <The truth of the matter is that my identity is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. You only allow the curiosity to lead you astray like a cat fascinated by a stray ball of yarn, truly seeking not the what, but the why. Why is Ruby Amarant seemingly no more? Why the name Valencia Garcia? Why does someone else stand by my side that isn't named Scarlet Grey? You don't care to hear the answers to those questions, but not knowing the answers terrifies you deep down. You have to know something, anything at all, about why I am who I am or what method there is to my madness, because otherwise you are left with assumptions that you must use to fill in the blanks, knowing full well you are far off the mark and praying that even the smallest shred of your self-perceived truths gets close to hitting its intended target. But what you fail to realize is that I am not under any obligation to give you the answers you seek, because my reasons for doing anything in my life are mine alone. Those who need to know understand why, and those who don't are left fumbling around in the dark.>

???: <It's such a shame that people always think they can just blindly hunt for something and expect to find it. Even the greatest mysteries of the world aren't unraveled by chance.>

Valeria smirks a bit in response to the voice that comes from behind the camera, and it's not long before its owner joins her on the balcony. The two women stand side by side, looking far more professional than the Red Empire tandem might have in this situation. Maybe the other woman, introduced to us weeks ago as Maria Vencejo, might not be seen as such considering she has no hesitations about sitting on the edge of the balcony's railing and leaning back in a way that makes you think she'd gladly send herself tumbling over the edge if she decided to let go, but you probably still feel it's at least a step up from Scarlet Grey flaunting her body in some capacity. Whether or not that's a good thing, though, is just another question left to burn away at your psyche.

Vencejo: < Maria Vencejo is my name, and that is all you have to go off of when it comes to me. I bet that's driving you all nuts, isn't it? Why is there nothing more available for you to use against me? Do I have a reason for hiding it from you, or do I simply agree with Valeria that the less you know about me, the better? Ask away all you like, because you're simply distracting yourselves from the fact that The Black Cat Bandits are here and SCW's tag division won't know what hit it.>

Vencejo: <I know, you probably think such claims are funny. We're not the first tandem to say such things, after all. Everybody wants to light this division up and become champions, but what separates us from all the rest is the fact that my audacity for saying such things is balanced by the fact that I have someone by my side who already knows how things work around here. Valeria is familiar with the tag team scene and knows how to pick it apart, and when she forms a plan I know how to execute it to get what we desire. It's the equivalent to how most of you Americans might perceive a major heist in some movie you've seen before: Valeria is the planner working behind the scenes to make sure everything stays on track no matter what happens, and I am the one who slips through the shadows and takes what you value most before you even realize someone's after it.>

Garcia: <Except that unlike those poorly conceived plots, I'm just as willing to get my hands dirty. No one ever realizes the planner might be the weak link, but in our case there is no such thing.>

Maria can't help but laugh as she swings herself back and forth a bit on the balcony railing, at one point even allowing herself to hang upside-down very precariously so she can gaze out at the monument decorating the skyline in the background from a different perspective. Valeria can't help but grin, the subtle act being achieved far easier and being more obvious than what we've come to know of her thus far from her time as Ruby. Maria brings herself upright again with a startling ease, as though recklessly dangling from the side of a building is nothing new to her, and this is when Valeria's face resumes it's usual coldness.

Garcia: <Perhaps it's fitting that we find ourselves competing in the city that serves as the location of the proverbial “Gateway to the West” because our first REAL match since we surfaced is against a team that crossed the border in search of fame and glory they could no longer find in Mexico. The Lucho Brothers have lingered around this company for a little while now doing nothing of note, facing local competitors here and there while trying to poison those around them with their desire for everyone to become a caffeine addict. It's not hard to see through their attempts to shove coffee down everyone's throats and hide it behind a fun, playful image that lulls you into a false sense of security. These men in colorful masks that speak a language you barely understand are giving out free samples of their products...>

Vencejo: <Sounds an awful lot like drug dealers if you ask me. The easiest way to get an idiot hooked on your goods is to play to what you know they'll eat up, and even if they were telling the truth about it being just an ordinary cup of coffee, the sheer amount they expect you to drink to celebrate their performance in the ring is enough to reduce you into a addict, craving that next fix and watching your life spiral out of control as it consumes your every waking thought and breaks your body down more and more as you become powerless to the sensation it leaves you with. Anyone who's lived the vast majority of their lives in Mexico is familiar with this game, as cartels make millions of dollars off it every year without regard to who they infect with their product, so long as the bottom line is up to snuff to keep their lavish lifestyles intact and their so-called “families” one step ahead of the police.>

Maria shakes her head at this, clearly looking disgusted with the practice, and even if they speak the truth of what they're giving out the similarities alone are not endearing El Lucho Brothers well to her right about now. Perhaps it's odd to see a partner of someone who's made it clear she's not a good person and could care less about being one having a real moment of connection with the masses, but even the worst of human beings are relatable in some fashion. Her words do leave us with a lot more to ponder, but Valeria doesn't seem like she's going to allow your brains a break from the fire of mysteries consuming it quite yet as she steps in front of her partner to become the sole focus of our attention once more.

Garcia: <Do you recall what I said earlier about making assumptions? I could easily stand here right now and assume plenty about two men who hide their identities behind masks, but unlike all of you I do not have the ability to care about such details. I am familiar with the lucha libre traditions of Mexico and how much respect goes into this idea that if you wear a mask and present yourself as a larger-than-life character then it becomes your new life. I suppose such a practice is not unlike what I've done in a sense, only without the need to hide behind a mask, and perhaps that is why SCW has decided to bill this little tag team affair as a “Lucha Libre Extravaganza.”>

Vencejo: <Either that, or they simply realized both teams are billed from Mexico and thought it automatically translated to an excuse to show “diversity” by appealing to the lucha libre fanbase.>

Garcia: <Let me pose a question to the coffee peddlers: who do you truly believe I am? You spent a great deal of time primarily addressing me and questioning my decisions with your belief that I am disrespecting your traditions. To be honest, if you were familiar with me at all you would know that I've made it clear I could care less about what makes the wrestling business what it is to begin with, and repackaging it as lucha libre does not change that fact. I am not interested in the masks or the characters or your silly traditions and ancestors, but you need to believe that I should so you have an excuse to lay down your soapbox and have SOMETHING to address us on. You can address the fact that Scarlet is off doing her own thing now without restraint and spin it into this perception that I simply gave up on her, ignoring the fact that I know her well enough to inform you that if this was not sorted out beforehand she would have blindly attacked Maria and myself when our paths crossed backstage the night we made our appearance and scouted you. That, in and of itself, is simply because I know SCW would start us at the bottom and it makes sense to get a jump start on what you know is inevitable.>

Garcia: <On that note, allow me to destroy the base for everything you're trying so hard to present against us with one simple question: how do you know Valeria Garcia is my real name? Or even Ruby Amarant, for that matter?>

Valeria slowly shakes her head, a smirk returning to her lips as she is the only one who knows the answer to that question.

Garcia: <The truth is, when it comes to me you simply don't know what is or isn't fact. Everything you know about me could just be a fabrication, the latest chapter in a never-ending story designed to keep you guessing about what's real even in the context of your own lives. In doing so, you have stumbled into an easily-laid trap of having to assume that The Black Cat Bandits are a team you've simply never crossed paths with in your homeland, never considering the fact that Maria is new to wrestling altogether or the possibility that Mexico may simply be the latest in a long line of locations I have resided in across the world. You even went as far as as to forget that we can't possibly be a team that crossed the border purely because we're after “fame and riches” or are afraid that we would not be accepted down south because I have spent the past several years aligned with a woman you've accused me of abandoning. I would question if you've even double-checked what you decided to write down, but considering I can fluently speak your language as well as English instead of having to trust someone who would likely only rely on an online translator to hope your message gets across well enough to those who wouldn't understand, I think that alone speaks volumes about the effort you put into actually comprehending the threat before you.>

Maria hops off the railing and moves to stand beside Valeria again, now on the opposite side of where she was before. She puts a hand on Valeria's shoulders to make sure she doesn't waste too much effort on trying to get their opponents to truly understand anything before taking over.

Vencejo: <Let's face it guys: the goofy looks and the obsession with coffee is about all we know about you, and that's all we truly care to know because it sums up exactly who we're dealing with pretty well. You're free to preach about your traditions despite violating them yourselves by digging up whatever dirt on us that you can, question our motives despite claiming you aren't one to judge even though you don't even know WHAT our motives are to begin with, and assume that just because one of us is actually Mexican by birth and the other happens to be able to call that country home now that we automatically fit into the same mold you've so happily crammed yourselves into. All it does is prove why you are considered “the bottom” around here and just as good a place as any for the two of us to start our ascent through the ranks, which is supposedly the “right way” to do things around here if the mind-numbing mantra of several people is any indication. We aren't like any other team you've faced in the time you've been here, and I'm not saying that because Valeria here may have been on the verge of a tag title opportunity not that long ago. We take this seriously, and that alone is all the reason people need to realize what horse to bet on in this race.>

Garcia: <I hope the two of you enjoyed your little exhibitions over the past few months, because the moment you crossed our path was the moment your luck ran out.>

Maria can't help but chuckle, glancing at Valeria in amusement as she spots off a fitting, albeit rather uncharacteristic, potential catchphrase for the duo going forward. It's certainly more up Maria's alley, but maybe it's a sign of what Valeria can do with a different partner by her side. Whatever the reason, our scene fades out knowing that we've been left with a few more questions than answers, and that is the worst possible scenario for the likes of El Lucho Brothers when Under Attack rolls around.