KAITO VERSUS RYAN SINGER - CONTRACT MATCH
DEADLINE 1 - 1X 2,500 word limit RP, in whatever format you choose
FRIDAY 24TH AUGUST 2018 2359 GMT

DEADLINE 2 - 1x 750 word limit SHOOT / SEGMENT rp, to be used in the show. This rp must be sent to the EMERGE PM box before the deadline of SUNDAY 26TH AUGUST 2018 2359 EST

GOOD LUCK
The End of Ryan Singer?

Following the release of the video footage of Ryan’s tirade within the airport terminal to the media outlets many were surprised that the XWL didn’t try to sweep it under the rug. They did the exact opposite of that as they used it as the catalyst to set up a feud between Stevens and Ryan over who really was the father of the baby. In the feud it was finally revealed that Stevens was the father of the baby, but eighteen years later when Stacy Stevens, who started wrestling under the last name of “Masters”, suddenly dropped that last name and took her biological father’s last night of Singer. So in the end, Ryan got the last laugh not just on his ex-girlfriend, rival, but the company as well. However, that was in the distant future and at the current time, all the XWL saw was dollars signs.

Even though at the time, Michael Stevens, was the reigning World Champion and Singer was nowhere near a contender for the tag team titles none the less the top prize. The XWL decided to slowly build up to the match between the two of them by allowing Singer and Pressler to finally align themselves with The Young Guns to form Wicked Intent. As the issue of who was the baby’s real father was would be compounded by the fact that Stevens was in amidst of a nearly two yearlong feud with Rick Young of the Young Guns.

At first the rivalry was built around short jabs back and forth during interruptions of each other’s interviews, but there was no physical contact between the two of them. Which, it was during one of these interviews that Ryan would meet a young guest interviewer by the name of, Brianna Jameson. The sweet, caring, and generally well liked cousin of XWL superstar, Angela Jameson. It’s really unclear when the two started to date, but a year or so later they were married with a son on the way after Ryan was released from the XWL due to his “reckless abandonment” attitude resulted in Stevens suffering a severe back injury that caused the champion not only to vacate the title, but forced him in to retirement.

The Reckless abandonment attitude stems from the fact that during the blow off match of the feud. Which, happened to be a Hell in a Cell match. They were both on top of the cell and the planned finished in the eyes of the management team was for Stevens to win the match to give him momentum heading in to face Young with the title on the line. However, Ryan was supposed to have a career defining moment to cement his status into the Main Event scene. Management decided to leave it in the hands of both men what that entailed and as such in the professional wrestling business egos lead to a difference of opinion on what that meant.

By which, was that Stevens went for his patented Heart Break Kick while Ryan teetering on the edge of the cell. Stevens, plan was clear to knock Ryan off with the kick, but Ryan ducked underneath it at the last second. Then spun around diving in to Stevens with all of his weight to cut him down with his Deck Cutter. The momentum of the move sent both men careening off the cell and crashing through the Spanish announcers table. Where Stevens landed awkwardly on his back injuring to the point that three separate disks hand to be fused together.

For Ryan Singer, his decision to return to professional wrestler was about one thing, winning a top tier championship. He’s held a secondary title and a tag team title, but this time it was to be all about the top prize. Which in EMERGE, is the EMERGE championship, but as with all great plans it’s only great on paper, because it can crumble with just a single punch to the mouth. Which in a way is what happened to Ryan, during the fatal four way match, he let his hubris get the better of him. He lost the chance of being involved in the match to determine the first ever EMERGE champion.

He tried to refocus, regroup, and rebuild by deciding to start back off trying to claim the RUSH championship from the then champion, Abattage. However, before he could get started down that path to greatness his aging body threw a hiccup that he knew well. His body failed him, it was a minor injury, but an injury none the less that took him out of action for a couple of shows. An injury that put him back inside of his head second guessing every one of his decisions, over thinking what should be snap decisions in the ring, and it has cost him every single match he’s had in EMERGE since coming out of retirement full time.

So much so that EMERGE management has saw fit to put him in a match where his very own contract is on the line. He had to snap out of the funk that he was in now, because if he doesn’t there is going to be another shot for them. Which is easier said than done and part of why he’s locked himself away in his condo in San Diego by himself. Considering the fact that all four of his children are adults and his wife is currently away for the next couple of days for an FFW show. He’s sitting outside balcony of the condo in a reclining deck chair, with a glass bottle of Coca Cola Classic to his right, and in his left hand is cellphone.

For the most part he is just scrolling through the various family photos he’s taken with the device over the years. Back when he was younger man in this sport that is much more suited to the younger men and women that call it theirs now a day, The Drake Hemingway’s, The Peyton Rice’s, and even Billy Breakdown’s of the world. He would often look at this pictures to find the inspiration as to why he would keep punishing his body in the sport when his body always seemed to be so injury prone. He finally came to a picture that had a great defining moment in his life in the past.

The photo was that of his wife in a pink bikini looking out over the ocean with their daughter Madison held in her arms. Ryan was obviously behind his wife and daughter, on what was her first trip to the beach, on a beautiful day while her brothers and half-sister were busy at school. He can’t say for sure if it was the moment that he snapped the picture that it started or if it was the first time he looked back at the photo. When he realized that he was falling behind his wife in the precious moments like that with their children, because he was often gone on the road while she stayed at home to care for (at the time) nine, seven, six, and one year old children. Which of course, lead to self-doubt about how much he would be able to help should one of the times his injury prone self gets hurt that it isn’t something easy to rehab away. It was that photo that drove him to decide to retire in the first place.

Now looking at that same photograph those same, yet different feelings were welling up inside of him. The picture is hardly new and he’s spent a lot of time with his children while they were growing up, but as much as time has gone by, no matter how much older they have gotten, or that he has gotten no matter what has changed there are a few things that haven’t. At least to him since he’s been back he’s still injury prone, but more than that even though his children are grown it’s at the point in their lives where they could start having his grandchildren. Should he really risk being able to play with his grandchildren to chase The EMERGE championship that he may never have another shot at? Logically, he should just walk away, but he knew that he couldn’t this time. He would be able to look at his children or his grandchildren again and tell them to never give up on their dreams if he continues to give up on his. As his dream is the EMERGE Championship. He closes out the photo album on his phone before taking a sip from the now empty Coke bottle. He opens the camera function and starts recording himself

“Ladies and gentlemen, of EMERGE whether you are a part of the staff or just fans, I want to apologize to you all.” Ryan says, with a very clear and serious tone in his voice.

“I know a lot of you, especially my older fans have been disappointed in my performance since signing with EMERGE.” Ryan continues, “I myself, have been disappointed in myself for that very reason.”

Ryan pushes, the reclining deck chair back in to the upright position to stand to his feet.

“I have been more than a little bit inside of my own head, because of the countless injures I’ve had over the course of my career.” Ryan says, which anyone who watches this will know that he is talking more about his original run in the business than his current run in EMERGE, because he’s only had one injury in that time. However, just one injury was enough to send him spiraling down the rabbit hole of self-doubt.

“With that said, I want to let everyone know that I’m rededicating myself to getting to the top of EMERGE, and with that I want to let the EMERGE officials know that I understand where they are coming from with his match against Kaito.” Ryan said, obviously mentioning the match that has not just his, but Kaito’s contract on the line as far as he’s aware.

“This contract match against Kaito was just the wakeup call that I needed.” Ryan exclaimed, with a smirk on his face.

“It’s going to be an interesting match to say the least with his broke down gamblin’ man against a looney toon like Kaito, but I welcome the challenge.” Ryan said, again with a smirk on his face.

“Kaito, I seriously don’t want to be the one that gives your pink slip, but I have to do what I have to do.” Ryan says, as he takes a couple steps away from the deck chair so that he spin around. He keeps himself in the frame of the video the whole time, but adds the scenic view from his balcony to the shot. Which just so happens to include the setting sun.

“EMERGE Eleven is going to be a somber night if one of us truly has the sun set on our career, but Kaito… I can’t… no I won’t let it be on mine.” Ryan says, “So when the night is over, all is said and done, I hope that you and Haruto can forgive me, because I can’t lose… not this time.”

Ryan says, before he moves out of the shot to finish filming the rest of the sun set. Moments later the scene comes to an end.