Selena Frost versus Gwen Blair
Roleplay Limit - 1 roleplay for the whole tournament x 4000 words (CD & Shoot). There is no seperate second 'shoot' segment required for this event

Deadline - 8th December 2019 2359 EST
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
OOC: The following takes place over the past week. Certain things are kept vague because the results of Selena's last match are not known at this time. I apologize in advance for any discrepancies.

The Dark Side of the Sun

“With Your Hand in Mine...”

“Hey, Red!”

Deanna stopped as she heard her 'prison nickname' being called. Having the reddest hair in the Frankfurt Prison III had, of course, given her the obvious choice of nickname. At first, most of the inmates had believed that it was dyed and the red would fade after the first two or so months. Now, after nearly six months here? 'Red'.

I prefer 'pet'... Deanna thought sadly, recalling her wife's beloved pet-name for her, Deanna, in exchange calling the platinum-blonde her 'minx'.

“Red riding hood?!” came the voice again, causing Deanna to shake her head to dispel the cobwebs. Turning on the spot, she held up the broom she had been using to sweep the floors of the room with.

“Yeah? Sorry. Was thinking.” she replied, staring at the taller, slightly bigger, black-haired woman.
“Day-dreaming again?” laughed the woman. “Guess that's all you can do here.”
“Well, they let us work out and clean and-” Deanna tried.

“Zip the lip, twerp.” the woman interjected. “You know. For someone that's got a dime here...”

She was referring to the young girl's sentence. Ten years had been the punishment – for something she knew, in her heart, that she never did.

“...you're WAY too happy.” the dark-haired woman finished.
“I'm innocent.” Deanna muttered under her breath.
“Oh yeah!” came the response. “Me too, hunny!” she laughed. “Totes me too!”
“Is there something you want, Shar?” the smaller girl asked, her hip cocked out as she leaned against the broom. “I've actually been having a good day and I rather it not be ruined.”

“Oh, my apologies, Your Majesty!” teased Shar, her black eyes dancing.
“I'm not royalty.” Deanna huffed. “You oughta see my wife.”
“Oh...” Shar's voice trailed off. “Six months and I didn't know what way you leaned. So, you got yourself a lady, huh? She pretty?”

Deanna's eyes narrowed at the life-sentenced inmate. There was no denying that Shar was the unspoken VIP of this prison, having turned it into her own little... not business, but definitely home. No one knew the place or the workings of the system better than Shar. Anything, and everything, that went on, she would eventually find out. Deanna had done her best to be a tough nut to crack, keeping to herself, being bright and cheerful as possible, and not speaking much of her life outside of the prison.

“Wait a minute!” Shar's eyes widened. “Last week, you disappeared for, like, the whole day. No one could find ya. I was going to tell you about this hot-as-hell blonde bombshell that came in. Like, damn on the 1-10 scale.”

Deanna's eyes widened a little as Shar spoke, recognizing, rather quickly who the older woman was talking about.

“I figured I'd see your reaction and learn which way you swung – you know, for fun. Anyway, guard told me that you were seeing people, so I left it at that...but you were gone all day...” the last piece clicked in Shar's mind. “Was that hot piece-”
“I'd appreciate it if you stopped calling her that.” Deanna interjected. “Objectify someone else, Shar.”
“Mein Gott...” Shar laughed. “Prince and the pauper shit right there.”

“That doesn't make any sense.” Deanna stated. “We didn't switch places or even look alike.”
“Then what the hell is that story where the poor person wins the heart of the prince?” Shar asked, snapping her fingers.

“Cinderella?” Deanna asked after giving it some thought.
“Sure!”
“Doesn't fit much here either.” Deanna rolled her eyes.
“Fine. We'll just say 'you must be great at sex'.”

Deanna's cheeks reddened from the sudden heat that came to them, her mind, unintentionally thinking about last week when her beloved Selena and her had finally gotten their first conjugal visit, a good third of that twelve-hour time had been used for just that, causing a smile to come to Deanna's face at the many memories.

“Easy kid – any redder and you'll match your hair-” Shar started when a loud voice interrupted.
“Frost!” called out one of the head guards, Deanna recognizing him as Calton. Again, her eyes narrowed at the large, unkept man. He was her least favourite guard, especially since last week after Selena had shared her experience with him and how he had tried to cope a feel during her processing.

“Yes, Calton?” she answered coldly.

Unfettered, the large guard took the broom out of Deanna's hand before grabbing her by the arm and tossing her a little towards the way he had come. “You got a visitor. Move it.” for emphasis, he tossed the broom towards Shar, who caught it. “Finished cleaning.” he barked before following Deanna.

The redhead, however, was already standing by the door, hopping from one foot to the next. It took three damned minutes for her to be brought out of the room, down the halls and made to sit in the visiting room. It was just a table and seats, and, after experiencing the privacy and freedom of the conjugal visit, couldn't compare, but it was better than nothing.

A minute after sitting in her chair, the door at the opposite end of the room opened and in stepped her beautiful platinum-blonde, wearing a pair of blue jeans, black, long-sleeved shirt, a dark purple shawl...

And a black-eye that looked meaner than most of the inmates here.

“Selena!” Deanna made a move to get out of her chair but the handcuffs Calton had slapped on her wrist after sliding them under a build in bar on the table, kept her in place. She could stand, somewhat, but that was it.

Selena, meanwhile, saw this display and her eyes widened in worry. What had-

Realization dawning on her, a pale hand instinctively reached up to almost touch her swollen, black eye. “Oh...yeah...” she whispered before shuffling further into the room, moving around the table so she stood just a few feet from Deanna. “You should-”

“If you say, 'I should see the other guy', I'm going to blacken your other eye!” Deanna hissed, causing Selena's mouth to clamp shut.

“Hey!” yelled Calton as he remained at the door.

“Oh, bugger off, Calton.” Deanna shot back. “She's my wife.”

That shut up the guard pretty quick, allowing the redhead to focus her attention back onto her wife. “Was it Xander?”

“No, I actually walked into a door.” Selena answered quickly, using humour as a defense mechanism.
“Was the door in front of Xander? And was he in the middle of knocking it? Or putting a hole through it?”

A sigh came from Selena. “I don't know which shot did this. Whole thing is kind of blurry. Can we not-” her voice faded as she moved to sit on the chair Deanna had been sitting on. Reaching out, the platinum-blonde placed her hands on Deanna's waist, pulling her down to sit in the Snow Queen's lap. She had tucked the chair closer to under the table so Deanna had more room to move comfortably.  Extending her arms, the redhead tucked her head into the crook of Selena's neck.

“What hurts?” she whispered. “I don't want to hurt you if-”
“Everything hurts.” Selena replied. “And it's worth it to hold you like this.”

Gently, she kissed Deanna's forehead, her hands reaching out to hold Deanna's. Sadly, this allowed the redhead to see the pale hands that held hers – and the bruises that lined the knuckles.

“Selena...” she groaned. “can you at least promise me you're taking a break?”
“Uh...” Selena body went stiff, causing Deanna to jerk her own body upward to stare at her. “You're doing something else, aren't you?”

“It's nothing bad!” Selena assured, returning her hands to hold her wife in her life. “It's a little tournament memorial for a wrestler that died earlier this year.”

Deanna's eyes widened. “Another tournament? Didn't you just do God of Wrestling?”
“Yeah...” Selena's voice trailed off. “But that went okay! I didn't get injured.”
“Xander stalked you! What if he does it again?!”
“He won't. Just...I just know, okay? He won't be bothering me for awhile.”

Deanna had no idea what was giving Selena such confidence in those statements but she knew better than to waste this time arguing with her wife. She needs me... her mind remembered, her eyes catching Selena adjusting her sleeves, more bruises appearing on her forearms. Selena...

Most people in the world would look at Selena – see the damages she put her body through – and think her a warrior. Tough. Determined – a lot of adjectives to greatly describe the Face of SCW. But for the wife of the Face of SCW – Deanna saw something completely different.

She saw lingering issues. She saw pains that would haunt Selena the rest of her life. She saw career-shorteners. She saw so much in her wife, in her wife's eyes, that made her scared for the platinum-blonde. She needs me...

“When is this tournament?” she tried, causing Deanna to shrug.
“Bout a week from now – well, six days -”
“Six-” Deanna stopped herself. “One match? That's it? Then the week after, the next round?”

“Well, not exactly...”

What followed from that point was about an hour or so of Selena outlining how she could have one to five or so matches in one night, depending on how far she advanced, something Deanna wasn't thrilled about – especially when Selena had teased that she probably wouldn't make it out the second or third round because she would probably have Chris Cannon (who hated her and wanted her out of SCW – thanks to his girlfriend, Sienna Swann), Sierra Swann (Sienna's sister) or Peyton Rice (who had more spunk and fire in her than Selena currently did – not to mention a winning streak that had lasted months, as well as the emotionally attachment the Pretty Girl had with Ricky Octavius).

In fact, by the time Selena and her were done talking, Deanna was certain she wanted to call EMERGE and give them a piece of her mind. Not that she could, but she wanted to – even if most of her frustration was more towards her wife-

“Alright, ladies.” Calton warned. “Time's up.”

Carefully, Deanna pushed herself off Selena's lap, standing up as best as she could. “I don't like this.” she admitted.

“I know.” Selena sighed. “I promise I'll be careful.”
“I see one more bruise next time you're here-”
“You'll give me hell.” Selena smiled sadly, reaching up to cup her wife's face gently. “Maybe I love you.” she whispered.
With a huff and a grumble, Deanna whispered. “Maybe I love you too.”

Leaning in, Selena gently kissed her wife's lips, but gasped when Deanna pushed herself in closer to deepen the kiss. This is for you! Deanna's mind whispered as she poured everything she could into that kiss.

A few minutes later, the redhead was back in the prison section, her fingers locking and unlocking together.

“Hey.” called Shar as she appeared near Deanna, handing her back the broom before doing a double take at Deanna's stoic face. “What happened to your smile, Red?”

With a sigh, Deanna went back to work, sweeping the floors. “Oh, just someone needed it more than I did.” she answered. Alot more than I did...

[Image: tetXUW1.jpg]

The camera fades in to a strange sight for any fan of EMERGE wrestling. While the arena is certainly familiar, the EMERGE arena having housed so many of the tv-episodes that the growing company has aired, the strangeness comes from the blue-white lights that shine down towards the ring. For this is the setting of a certain kind of promo that is not of EMERGE, but of its former parent company, Supreme Championship Wrestling – a fact that is confirmed as the camera changes shots to that of a woman, sitting crossed legged in the middle of the ring, dressed in her usual black, white and red attire, her platinum-blonde hair in its iconic braid – The Face of SCW, herself...

I wanted to come out here and start this thing with just some words to promote what we are about to do... her voice, with its slight accent, is gentle in its tone, but there is no mistaking the uncertainty in it. But sitting here, in this arena, for just the last five minutes – so many emotions have just been running through me.

Why am I here? Am I here to compete in the tournament? Should I even compete? What is it all about? And because there are so many competitors in this incredible tournament, I have what you would call a time limit on this. I can't take up too much time running away with my thoughts because other people need their turn – and they should have it. Those like Peyton and Jennifer Helms – all of them – with so many memories to share sure as hell deserve it.

In fact...
taking a deep breath, Selena looks up as she runs a hand through her platinum locks and along her iconic braid. That sounds rather wonderful a place to start – with a memory. her eyes focus on one of the front rows that line the barricade surrounding the ring area. And, for me, with all of this going on – the end of Emerge's season, this tournament – I remember the first episode of Emerge. Of sitting in the front row with my wife, Deanna, seeing so many young and hungry superstars wanting not only to make a name for themselves, but also to create something new. Carve a new path that may not be “The SCW path”. It was exciting and breath-taking and it's a memory I won't forget any time soon.

A small smile graces Selena's lips. And I'm not expecting similar feelings from anyone coming into this tournament. After the past year of seeing EMERGE strive to step out of SCW's very long, broad shadow, which I commend, I know SCW and its people aren't viewed highly upon – sort of an enemy invading kind of thing...

But that doesn't matter.
Carefully, and with some stiffness in her body, Selena pushes herself to her feet. Because it's not about me. It's not about SCW or EMERGE. That's why they have opened their doors for anyone, from anywhere, to enter this tournament. Because this isn't about either company.

And regardless of what, I'm sure, many of you have read on Twitter, it's NOT about damaged egos or sticking it to a company that won't let you on their shows. It's not about making a name for yourself and if I hear one person talking about how “they want that prize money”, I'm going to track them down and kick them in the head – and that's a VERY real issue when it's coming from me. Just ask Xander Valentine...

Selena takes a slow breath to calm herself before she speaks again. This whole night, the last show of this season for EMERGE – it really isn't about any of us, when you think about it. It's about – well, it's in the name of the tournament – and Grace Morningwood said it in Munich – it's about Ricky. And it's about memories.

A sad smile comes to Selena's face. It's about remembering someone and what they left behind. When I heard about Ricky's... she pauses for a moment to collect herself. I've always hated death. All my life – 'circle of life', 'way of things' – didn't matter to me: I always hated death and I've lived my life constantly defying it as much as I can. I mean – the reason I'm stiff and sore right now is proof of that. But I can't deny that... when it comes, it's hard for me to deal with. And Ricky Octavius, it was the first time someone I knew in this business had passed on. And what the hell could I say?

The platinum-blonde shrugs.

Even now, there's nothing that I can say that would compare to those that really knew Ricky. Who fought along side him in EMERGE, spent time with him outside of work, knew the man on a personal level. I'm not going to have such touching stories like Peyton or Christian or... hell, even the Beauty Factory will probably have something – spared no expense. she laugh sadly. I think Sienna and Sierra - “For the People” - may have hired Sarah MacLachlan to sing “I Will Remember You” live while they show footage of Ricky. I think he'd laugh at something like that.

Biting her lower lip at the humor, Selena shakes her head.

I didn't know Ricky like that, but it still hurt when I heard of his passing. So I kept quiet. I didn't say much publicly, because, what would compare to those that were hurting far more than me? Now? a huff of a laugh escapes her. Now, all I have is one story... and I hope... I hope... that it's enough. Because it's why I'm here tonight – here for this tournament to remember Ricky.

Taking a deep breath, the Snow Queen begins pacing around the ring.

My story involves this squared circle here. Where all our 'business' – EMERGE, SCW, it doesn't matter – ends up. And let me tell you something, to EMERGE fans, True Believers or no, you find out a lot about a person when they are here in this ring. Who they really are, how they view this business, what it means to them, what they are willing to do to get ahead...

And after nearly six years in this business, I've seen some of the best people and some of the worst people – people that sell their morals, their integrity, their values, all because they NEED to be at the top. All because they're afraid of losing. Afraid of looking weak or down – I mean, watch five minutes of practically any match run by the Beauty Network or Dark Fantasy and you'll get an idea.

My point is, in this squared circle, you can either wrestle with morals and beliefs or you can sell yourself out for the highest dollar. And when I speak of someone that was part of the Beauty Network, at least in some association, you'd think I'd lean towards the latter.
Selena shakes her head. Not Ricky.

You see, I had the blessing to be in a ring with Ricky on two different occasions. Both of these were at the World Hazard Festival – a wrestling, comic-book, anime fusion event of sorts. In the first year, he and I were opponents in the “Days of Future Past” tag-match and the year after, we were, as if by happenstance, tag-team partners! Ask Persephone, I'm sure she remembers that match. And when I think of Ricky, it's that particular match that I remember the most – not because we lost, but of what happened after the bell ring.

I don't need to tell you how incredibly talented Ricky was in this ring – you'll hear that from everyone, I am sure, as well as see it throughout this tournament in video snippets. There was a reason he was seen as the future of this business. But even prodigal sons and daughters have losses. And there we were, in a ring much like this one. Toxxin, the tag-team that had beaten us, had scampered out of the ring to celebrate. I went over to help Ricky up-
Selena stares at her right hand. And he shoved it away.

Slowly, Selena lowers that same hand. Thing is, it wasn't a sign of disrespect. To this day, I can't even see it as anything remotely related to it. Because as I looked at this young boy, maybe a few years younger than me, there was disappointment in his eyes. Not blame. Not anger at me. He was frustrated because he wanted to give more – he wasn't done wrestling that night. Not by a long shot.The bell may have rang, but Ricky Octavius still wanted to give more and he was frustrated that he couldn't.

That's...that's something that's always stayed with me, and it's what I remember most of my short time with Ricky Octavius. The passion. The love of what we do here. Whether you're smart or dumb, reckless or careful in your style, we're all here on borrowed time. Not just with our lives but our careers here, in this ring...
Selena reaches out a shaky hand to grab the closest rope. One day, something catches up with us and we won't be able to compete in this squared circle again. Every one of us in this tournament, every wrestler watching. Every one training or inspired – there will come a day when the curtain falls. Selena sighs. I think that's why Ricky loved this so passionately. Why that passion caused him to push my hand away. I think he knew this better than any of us. And I think he wanted to squeeze the most out of every second he was in this ring, competing for all of you – all of us...

She breathes a shaky breath. And...that is why we're here tonight. That's what this is about. To remind everyone – to remind ourselves – of what this whole thing, SCW or EMERGE – as I said, it does not matter – is about. It's about being in this ring, embracing the moment, and taking as much of it as you can, leaving the ring without a single regret.

And...and if I fall flat on my face tonight in the first match? The second? The third? The finals? Even if I am the laughing stock for the EMERGE fans... it doesn't matter. Because I'm going to give all of you the passion that Ricky Octavius would be proud of. I'm going to remind you what we lost when we lost him and what we cannot ever lose again. Because I am going to wrestle as long, as hard, and as passionately as I can against everyone I come across. I am going to remind EMERGE what a memorial to Ricky Octavius needs to have.

Standing in the middle of the ring, Selena wipes a tear from her eye as she shrugs. Because if we believe in that, and we never forget what he was truly about... we never really lost him, did we? biting her lower lip, Selena seems ready to launch her catchphrase, but instead smiles a little.

Thank you, everyone. And... slowly, she lifts her head up towards the ceiling, the skies and beyond. I know you'll be watching this... she laughs a little. Because you've got the best seat in the house.

Giving a quiet salute and nod of her head, Selena walks out of the ring and out of sight to finish her
[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
4x SCW World Tag-Team Champion
2x SCW United States Champion
3x SCW Adrenaline Champion
SCW Television Champion
Longest Reigning SCW World Champion (234 days)
Winner of Shot of Adrenaline Tournament (2016)
Winner of Best of the Best Tournament (2016)
Winner of Trios Tournament (2018)
Winner of U.S. Championship Tournament (2020)
Winner of World Championship Tournament (2023)
Winner of Tactical Warfare (2014, 2019)
Winner of Elimination Chamber (2015)
Winner of Roofed Cage Match (2019)
Winner of Last Person Standing Match (2019)
The Unbelievable Main Event (2021-2023)
Winner of Double Jeopardy Match (2022)
Winner of EOTY Invitational (2023)
Female Wrestler of the Year (2016, 2021, 2022)
Tag-Team of the Year (2020 - w/ Regan Street)
Match of the Year (2018, 2019, 2021, 2023)
Feud of the Year (2014, 2019)

[Image: 34zetxl.png]