The Chuke versus Jester Funn
Good luck

DEADLINE ONE - 3250 ROLEPLAY 10TH JANUARY 2020 2359 EST

DEADLINE TWO - 750 WORD SHOOT / SEGMENT 12TH JANUARY 2020 2359 EST
The Origins of The Chuke

A long, long time ago
In a land far, far way

Actually, our story begins in the land not so far away at all, known as Saginaw, Michigan, and we will pretend 1984 is a long time ago, even though 36 years ago really isn’t all that long ago, but it makes for a better story so we will just go with it. We are in the National Guard Armory in Saginaw, because the National Guard Armory is where almost anything in independent wrestling happening in Saginaw happens there, and on this typical Sunday afternoon that is no different. Church ends and then a couple hours later at 2pm the wrestling began. Inside the National Guard Armory, the building is thick with smoke because this is after all 1984 and in 1984 in Saginaw it seemed like just about everyone smoked, except for the kids, because for kids to smoke in public wasn’t allowed anywhere, even in Saginaw. In private residences was another matter entirely, but that is another story for another time, maybe next the chapter of this story, we will just have to see.

Even if you weren’t smoking however, your clothes still smelled of fresh nicotine (Can nicotine actually smell fresh?) and it was a little hard to see the smoke was so thick, but there were still 200-300 people there, a packed house for this particular building. Focusing in on two particular people in the crowd we look at 68-year-old Edward, and his 6-year-old grandson Charlie, who is called Willie by those in his family. At this juncture Edward has just got to the Armory not too long ago, but he and Willie had got extremely lucky and they were able to get seats in the front row when the wrestling was about begin. Now while Edward has been a wrestling fan for years, this is the first time that Wille has ever attended wrestling matches anywhere, and yet it will change his life, because on this day, Willie will discover what he wants to do for the rest of his life.

Wille would tell everyone later that was the first time that he fell in love.

Willie: Grandpa, there is a lot of smoke in here. Do you think that I will be able to see the wrestling guys was they start to get in the ring?

Edward: Don’t you worry about a thing. I will make sure that you can see everything that want to see once the wrestling starts. You do trust me, right?

Willie giggles when his grandfather ask him this question.

Willie: Yes, I trust you Grandpa, you are my Grandpa!

Edward smiles at youngster and plays with the hair on the top of his head, causing more laughter from Willie which makes Edward laugh as well. This is the way the two are together generally speaking, regardless of where they happen to be at together, as they have a very loving relationship with one another. Their attention is all of sudden focused in the middle of the ring as the bell sounds which startles Willie and makes Edward laugh even louder.

Willie: Oh my gosh Grandpa, that is so loud. Why do the bells have to be so loud like that, Grandpa?

Edward: They have to be loud like that because wrestler have to known when to come to the ring and wrestle their match.

The ring announcer announces each of the competitors and they come to the ring from the backstage area, which in this instance is the employees only restroom located in the back of the building. The first match of the night is a tag team match and the good guys and bad guys quickly become apparent as the good guys in match go around the ringside area a slap hands with many of the fans which included them slapping hands with Willie and Edward, something that Willie was completely awestruck by. Then next came the bad guys and these guys were very mean, and that caused Edward to get angry because these men had scared Willie. This wouldn’t last for long however as the match started, complete with the loud bell again, which ended up with Willie holding his ears, and Edward would just snicker to himself once again and hold the youngster with his ears cradled against Edward’s chest.

Edward: Trust me, if I am right about you grandson and I usually am, it will take all of about five minutes during this match and you will forget all about how loud the bell is to start the matches. You are just going to be amazed by this, ok?

There is no sound from Willie, as the match has started, and it is like Willie has gone into another world. Most people go to the wrestling matches in Saginaw are loud, bordering on the point of being obnoxious, but Willie doesn’t make a sound. Instead, he is watching every movement.

Edward: Grandson you alright over there?

Still there is nothing from Willie who cannot take his eyes or his mind on what is happening in the ring. Edward looks over at the youngster who is transfixed by what is happening in front of him, a smirk growing across the older man’s face.

Edward: Maybe we should just go home if you are not feeling well.

Edward barely has time to finish the statement when Willie answers emphatically.

Willie: Noooooooo Grandpa! What we are watching, what these guys are doing, this is incredible. Please Grandpa please, this is the best idea for you to take me to every Sunday now, and I don’t ever want to go home, I am feeling just fine, thank you!

Laughing heartily now, Edward sits back and enjoys the show with Willie, although Willie is in another dimension, as every punch, every kick, and every body slam has Willie hanging onto the edge of his seat. By the end of the afternoon, Edward and Willie had witnessed with everyone else there in the National Guard Armory seven matches, five singles matches, two tag team matches, and title changes. All in all, it was a thrilling afternoon of wrestling and everyone left feeling as though they had gotten their monies worth, but for one person who are their that day it completely did something different. Because Willie had been bitten by the wrestling bug, and it had bitten him hard, so hard that Willie’s life would never be the same from that day on, because there are many things that you might never forget throughout the course of your life, but for a young boy or girl, one thing that is almost certainly true:

You never forget falling in love for the first time.