KALI versus Danny Darko
DEADLINE ONE - 3250 ROLEPLAY 21ST FEBRUARY 2020 2359 EST

DEADLINE TWO - 750 WORD SHOOT / SEGMENT 23RD FEBRUARY 2020 2359 EST
(OOCSmile The following is ENTIRELY off-camera and it’s slightly explicit near the end:

2/14/2020
6:09 PM
Ashmore Condo

Danny has just gotten home from another successful Emerge event and he drops his luggage off by the front door and sees his wife just lounging half-naked on the couch just browsing something on her phone. She glances up at her husband as he approaches her. He has a bit of a grin on his face and she gives him a sideways look.

“So this is what momentum feels like…” Danny Darko says to her. “I’ve got another victory under my belt, babe!

She smirks at her husband and says, “I don’t really care about you winning. There is something else under your belt that does interest me, however, if you catch my fucking drift.” She winks flirtatiously at him before switching her mood to a darker tone almost immediately. “Now, if only the chair shot you delivered to Jason King had any momentum behind it. That’s the kind of shit I need to see!”

This is what can be expected from Vanilla these days and Danny has come to expect more sass and mood swings outta her. And he is fine with it for the most part. He tries to not really discuss matters of wrestling with her so as to sort of mitigate her snark. He decides that it’s a better tactic to just let a lot of it slide. Sometimes he just can’t help himself, though.

“Yeah, har har, Vee. Maybe next time I’ll bust out the old lead pipe like back on the day? I was always better with a pipe than a chair. Maybe because I have small hands? I dunno.”

Vee shakes her head and responds “You are such a dork…”

It’s not well known around the world at large that Danny indeed has a huge dork side to go along with his dark side.

Danny says “There is no denying it. Just don’t let anybody hear you say that.”

“Oh, yeah? I wouldn’t want to do anything to screw with your precious momentum.” That last sentence had more than a little venom behind it.

At the end of the day, Vee is still the person that Danny fell madly in love with all those many years ago. They have been together so long that this sort of banter is par for the course. Maybe there is a little bit more of an edge to her lately, but Danny certainly can’t blame her. He also gets the sense that she is disappointed that while he has had some success in terms of winning since returning, the whole point of him returning was not to win. No, he was supposed to exact revenge against The Unforgiven but he has had zero success on that front.

Unless you consider beating Jester Funn success. Cindy Todd commanded Jester Funn to grievously hurt Danny at the last Emerge and went so far as to threaten him if he failed to do so. Danny had little problem beating his ass and preventing any true harm from coming to him. It’s not exactly stabbing Willow Wilkes in the heart or anything, but it’s something. Vee grows anxious though, wanting to see something worse happen to all of them.

“I get what you’re implying, babe. And I’m working on it. Do you think I was ready to challenge Willow Wilkes when I first came back? I spent a lot of time doing next to nothing.”

Vanilla snaps back at him. “Is that what you call spending time with me, hmmm? I’m pretty sure I can recall you and I kept plenty busy while you were retired.”

“You know what I mean, Vee. Anyhow, I get what you’re saying,” Danny responds. “If you are at all concerned about my ability to get the job then, by all means join me. You and I together are unstoppable. You can use this angst for something-“

She lunges at him and pushes him up against the wall behind him, pressing her body up against him really tightly. She rips the buttons off the front of his shirt and rubs her fingers through the light growth of hair on his chest. She looks him right in the eyes now. “This conversation is boring me now. Look, babe, you know that I have the future all planned out. Don’t worry about it. I won’t let them put you in the same position they put me in. For now? I want you inside of me.”

Danny’s eyes just about bulge out of his skull when he processes what she just said. He is almost in shock as this is not how Vee usually talks to him. She senses his shock and just rolls her eyes before reaching down with her right hand and grabbing his crotch aggressively. He goes to kiss her but she pushes him back up against the wall and she shakes her head.

“Happy Valentine’s Day…” she says in an extremely sexy manner.

He had thought that maybe she wasn’t in the mood for celebrating another Valentine’s Day together, but he was dead wrong apparently. She begins undoing his belt and pulls down his pants, admiring what she sees once he is exposed. She takes her shirt off and drops to her knees and “gets busy” to put it in more family-friendly terms.

This is all a hell of a lot for Danny to process right now. Vee has always been pretty aggressive in many ways, but generally not so much when it comes to sex. Something inside of her has indeed been changed by what The Unforgiven put her through and Danny is still kind of adapting to those changes. This, tonight? This is a new level of aggression. He will continue to try and convince her to join him in Emerge to help with the avenging, despite how often she changes the subject every time he brings it up. So long as the subject is changed with a blowjob, Danny might never get around to getting a full discussion in with her.
“Shh shh… everything’s quiet…”

-----

“And then I feel my hands wrap around the handle of the knife. I look down into his eyes… his pleading, desperate eyes… and I smile.” No one had ever accused KALI of being the most balanced of individuals. Ever since her arrival in EMERGE, her’s has been a portrait of foot to the floor, pedal to the metal, don’t stop ‘til you get enough. Still as she rests her head upon the sofa, explaining in vivid detail her recent dreams, it takes everything within Doctor Grace Morningwood to suppress her shudder. “Then I pry open his mouth and finally… FINALLY… take my TROPHY!”

“Samael’s teeth?” Morningwood asks, although she knows the answer already. It was an obsession of KALI’s that dated back to her pursuit of the EMERGE Championship - a moment that seemed all too long ago these days amidst Willow WIlke’s monopoly on the gold. There had been other concerns in the interim culminating what some called a suicide attempt - KALI herself referred to it as visiting her Mama. Truly the “death” of Jason King had left KALI without a driving central purpose, and it wasn’t until he was “resurrected” by Cindy Todd that she had that glimmer in her eye return. It just hadn’t yet translated to the ring, is all. At least that’s what she would tell people.

“Oh yes!” she gleefully exclaims. “The perfect pearly whites of Jason King! He DESERVES a holey smile SO… SO much! He kept taunting me! He would TAUNT about taking people OUT of EMERGE… people that didn’t FIT “their” image, and then HE had to go and fake his DEATH to avoid me!”

“I don’t think he faked his death specifically to avoid you, KALI,” Grace explained, but KALI was having none of it. 

“Oh no… he DID avoid me!” she pointed out to him. “Whether that was the SOLE intent or not, it was something that SAVED him from having his shiny teeth RIPPED from his mouth and carried around in a MARACA!”

“Well that’s certainly a disturbing image,” Grace points out. She wasn’t exactly surprised by the words KALI spoke, but more with the openness with which she was sharing them. “KALI, can I ask you something?”

“That’s what I’m paying you for, isn’t it?” KALI asks with a chuckle. She wasn’t paying Grace, who had taken this “assignment” after Aubrianna Powers reached out to her. 

“Are you okay?” she asks. KALI chuckles. It was a simple question, after all. 

“Okay?” KALI responds in almost a singsong manner. “Gracie, are any of us REEEEEEALLY okay? I mean we all get into these brutal wars with each other. We put our bodies through hell to beat other people to a PULP. Is that really OKAY?”

“I don’t mean that, KALI,” Grace begins. “And I think you know that. I mean, ever since EMERGE moved overseas to England, you’ve been listless, on your own, without any support. Aubrianna Powers decided to leave the company and that’s left you alone. So… are you okay?”

KALI sits back, resting her head on the cushion behind her. “Comfortable pillow…”

“KALI…”

“What!?” she blurts out, sitting up from the couch. “What do you want me to say? That I’m desperate? That I’m treading water at the only thing I’ve ever actually enjoyed doing because my BEST FRIEND decided to stay in America while I flew stowaway with the luggage to England!?”

“You flew with the luggage?” That answer did take Grace by surprise. 

“Gracie, I have been MISERABLE!” KALI blurts out in a show of unexpected earnesty. “I am overseas in a country I don’t like, around people who don’t care whether I live or I die. My closest friend in the company left and I’m all alone! The dirt sheets… they all talk shit about how I’m not living up to my “potential”! My order BURNED to the FUCKING GROUND! The more I sit back and stew about it, the worse it gets. I’m NOT happy, Gracie! I’m one bad day away from becoming the literal most dangerous woman in this company. And you want to know if I’m okay!?”

“KALI… please,” Gracie interjects, trying to calm her patient down. 

“No!” KALI snaps back. “There is no “PLEASE” here… these people around EMERGE… they don’t know just how close to the edge I am. They don’t know what I’m liable to do to them if they push me any harder.”

“What are you liable to do?” Grace asks.

“I don’t even know!” KALI says with a laugh. “I’m a woman on edge, Doc! I could break down in a blubbering mess or rip some guy’s throat out or…”

“Use an enemy’s teeth as maracas?”

KALI laughs again. “Exactly!”

“KALI, I’m glad you’re getting help, even if that help IS just venting,” Grace says with sincerity. KALI, however, appears unaffected. 

“Starting with Danny Darko…”

The scene cuts away…

-----

“You blow a fuse
Zing boom
The devil cuts loose”