Blake Mason vs. Alistaire Allocco
For singles: 2 RP Limit

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Sunday, March 15, 2020
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
December 27th, 2019

The holidays was a pleasant time for William Blake Mason. Spending time with Taylor Chase, Sebastian and Kayla was a blast. Simple times like this he cherishes more than anything in the world. As he sits inside the Malibu Farm Pier Cafe, he knows the simplicity of his life is about to fade into the pasture. Correction. As simple as his life is ever going to get. Nothing in Blake’s life is a straight forward line that can be predicted by the best of prognosticators. Still. He knows this action is one that needs to be made. He sits at a table small enough to occupy two people. The other person who occupies the table is sitting directly in front of him.  Fenmore Judson, decked in an Italian grey suit, sits across from Blake with a briefcase sitting at his side. Blake stares stoicly at his long time friend.  

“Thanks for coming...” Blake says with a smirk on his face. Him saying that can be taken an assortment of ways. On this day he sincerely meant being grateful for Fenmore showing up. 

Fenmore nods, he says, “Always a pleasure to see you. Miss moments like this.”

“Yeah, me too.” Blake casually responds.

Fenmore reaches for his briefcase. He rested the briefcase flat on the table. “So what business would you like me to handle on your behalf?”

Blake holds up his hand “Whoa there. No need to rush. Figure we can catch up first.”

Judson quickly follows up. “To be fair Mr. Mason, you have never been a fan of small talk.”

Blake nods. “Touche. Come on, you are more than just a lawyer to me.”

“Still charging you by the hour, Mr. Mason.” Fenmore smirks. 

Blake rises to his feet. “We should  leave. Prying ears and all.” 

Fenmore reaches for the briefcase. Following Blake’s lead, Fenmore follows him outside. Both men walk out on the pier. There was barely anyone around, good Blake thought to himself, he has a story to tell. He figures if Fenmore is serious about charging him by the hour, might as well enjoy the fresh air.    

Blake leans back against the railing. He puts his hands in his pockets. “I want to wrestle again. In order to do that, I’m going to need your expertise to get exactly what I am asking for. The money doesn’t matter, obviously. What I need Fen is specific language in my contract with SCW that stipulates I won’t compete in a match with Bree Lanaster, Sienna Swann. Especially Chris Cannon.” He stares at Fen. His lawyer doesn’t betray what he is thinking with his stoic non reaction to Blake’s request. 

“May I ask why?” Fenmore finally asks. 

Blake nods. “Confidentiality rules... remember.” 

December 14th, 2019. The moment Blake Mason has been waiting for. No one was more excited than him when Kelcey Wallace reemerged from the shadows after months of not being allowed to see her. He desperately wanted to visit his dear friend. Due to the power of attorney set in place, there was no chance in hell Chris Cannon was going to allow Blake of all people to visit Kelcey while she was in her coma. He could have bent the knee, sucked up, begged the man with all the power to allow him access, there was no chance in hell he was going to hand his pride over to that man. He allowed him to take professional wrestling away from him. No chance he was going to give Chris the satisfaction of having one more victory. Salt Lake City was the location of Breakdown. Blake considered traveling to the event, purchase of a luxury box, witnessing the ground breaking moment in the flesh, he thought about it some more. His instincts told him it was best to stay home, so stay at home he did. He sat on the couch in the living room looking at the 64 inch High Definition Samsung television. He half paid attention to the three matches that took place. There were a lot of people talking on this edition of Breakdown. None of it caught his interest, he promised himself when the show was over he would rewind the footage to see if there was anything he might have missed. His main motivation to keep up with the product these days was to pay attention to Owen Cruze progress. He’s proud of Owen, no question about it. 

So the moment of truth arrived. “Exodus” by Henry Mancini played. A smile broke out on his face when Kelcey Wallace made her way to the ring wearing jeans, a button up shirt untucked and ankle boots. Back in Supreme Championship Wrestling is where she belongs Blake thought to himself. The crowd embraced Kelcey with open arms like he knew they would. As she stood in the ring building up to why she wanted to address the crowd, “Prometheus” by Audio Machine played cutting Kelcey off...

Blake clenched his fist... “You son of a bitch.”

Chris Cannon made his way out being the same douchebag he has known him to be, believing he can do whatever he wants without the proper consequence. He had no right interrupting Kelcey during her moment. He had no right to steal that from her. In that moment Blake wishes he was there in Salt Lake City. He would have prevented that bastard from cutting her off. The more and more Kelcey and Chris interacted, the more uncomfortable Blake grew. Palms sweating. His body tensed up. He felt powerless. Why wasn’t anyone going out there to shield Kelcey?    

And then the unthinkable...

Quote:Cannon paces some, shaking his head as Kelcey, infuriated doesn’t take his eyes off him when suddenly he chargers her for the C4, she braces for impact but he stops right in front of her, grabs her face, violently pushing her down to the mats, the crowd erupts in boos. She looks up at him wide-eyed as he leans in….

Cannon: “Next time, I’ll bloody break you in half like I did your cousin, Kennedy. Consider it mercy.”

Blake’s eyes widen. The nerve! How could he? That monster! Blake was frozen in time, unsure how to react. Thankfully Kelcey was able to finish her announcement that she was returning to make a difference in the company as a manager. The crowd was thankful. Blake wasn’t, he felt Kelcey should not be there to serve as a reminder for Chris to one day follow through on not being merciful. The commercial break came, Blake couldn’t hold back anymore. He left the room. He walked to the backyard to stare at the pool. Looking up into the sky at the moon there was one dark thought that consumed his mind. He stormed back into the house, made his way to his personal den. Walked to his desk, opened up the bottom draw, in front of him was the Glock he has become so fond of. 

The past month he kept going back to Reed's Indoor Range to allow his frustrations to bare fruit. For the most part it was working. There he would give his darkest impulses an outlet to purge themselves from his body so he can go back home to live a normal life with his beloved Taylor Chase. Perhaps “Mary Beth Mallory” was right. Aiming for a paper target wasn’t going to do the trick. Staring at the Glock, he wondered was it now time  to exercise the demon known as Chris Cannon once and for all? Was it time, unlike last time when he put Chris in the hospital, to guarantee that the job was done?      

Blake looks at a photo of him holding his daughter on his desk. That was enough to snap himself out of his rage. He slammed the draw. Dropped down to the floor. Looking down at the floor he mutters to himself exhausted of this continual fight with his darkest urges. “What’s wrong with me...”

“Nothing--” whispers a cold reassuring feminine voice. “-- you still love her.” 

Blake looks up. Not to his surprise, Mary Beth Mallory is sitting on his desk. She is wearing a devilishly red dress. Her exposed legs are crossed. Blake shakes his head.

“Not now, Mallory!” he snaps back. 

Mary tilts her head to the side. “Tell me I’m lying.” she says with the same coldness as usual. 

Blake looks back to the floor. He doesn’t need this right now. He assumed he was done with the subconscious projection of “Mary” haunting him. On occasion Blake can be wrong, this moment was one of those times. He pulls himself up, walks over to the door, closes it. He returns to Mary. Taking a seat next to her on the desk. 

“My feelings for Kelcey are irrelevant. She made a choice, I don’t like it--” Blake grits his teeth “If she wants to be the Guardian Angel of SCW, that’s on her.”

Mary chuckles. “Is that so? Tell me why you were tempted to blow Chris Cannon’s brains out? Admit it. You will always be drawn to Kelcey.”

Blake looks back at the closed draw with his Glock in it. “Someone needs to put Chris down. Everyone else is too pure to do the right thing. He is a menace that needs to be stopped. I can finish the job. As soon as he comes back, I’ll be waiting.” 

Mary leans into Blake’s ear. With a smirk on her face she says, “Good. So what’s the plan?”

Blake returns his attention to the photo of himself and Kayla. “I can’t do this.” Blake says determined to maintain his sanity. “I can’t. Go away. Please.”

“Then what?” Mary places her hand on his shoulder. “What are you going to do the next time Chris gets under your skin? He will. We both know it. Would be much easier now to take him out; wipe him off the board. I suggest not to do it yourself. Can’t trace Chris murder back to you, remember? Use your resources. Be smart. Find another way.” 

“No Mary... I--” Blake sighs. “--need to let this go. Have to let Kelcey go once and for all.”

“How many times have you tried that? Failed every time.” Mary laughed. 

Blake knows she is right, or would it be his own subconscious is right? In any event, he looks at Mary. With conviction he tells her, “I only need to get this right once.”

He gets off his desk, he makes a beeline towards the door. He looks over his shoulder, Mary waves back at him. Turning back around he walks out his den determined to follow through with his latest declaration.

Finished with the story, Blake turns his back to Fenmore. He doesn’t notice his friend’s flabbergasted expression on his face. All of that was a lot to take in. Blake looks out into the ocean. “So, can you get it done?” Blake asks. 

Feeling Fenmore’s hand rests on his shoulder, he hears him say, “I don’t think this a good idea, Mr. Mason. Might need to talk to a professional about these Mary Beth Mallory hallucinations.”

Blake shakes his head. “I know she isn’t real, there’s no problem.”

“But putting yourself in the line of temptation is like an alcoholic working in a liquor store. I’m concerned it won’t be long until an incident occurs.”

“Fen, can you get my request taken care of? I’m not crazy.” Blake states adimaly. “I have come to grips with what I need to do. Mary was right about one thing, I need to stop denying who I am. Last year when I set on this path to become better... I got it all wrong. I wanted to prove I could be the man I thought I should be. Should I follow society's edict on what a good person represents? How did that work out? I have the devil literally appearing before me every time I have been pushed to the brink.” 

Blake sighs. “I can’t hold back anymore. Before you say anything, no, I am not going to kill Chris. That accomplishes nothing. The no compete prevents management from leeching off our history.  Same with Sienna. As for Bree. Don’t see the point wrestling her. I want to go back to SCW not being bound by the past. Should there come a day I void the clause in the contract, my terms. Now, can you make it happen?”

Fenmore says; “I’ll see what I can do. Mr. Ma--”

Blake turns around. He pats Fenmore on the shoulder. “Thanks. Lets go eat.” 

Fenmore tries to get a word in, to his dismay, Blake walks away back inside the Malibu Farm Pier Cafe. He got the answer he wanted. Hopefully Fenmore can make magic happen... 

<PROMO TIME>

The scene opens up in an empty arena inside the FedExForum. No, this is not a precursor to how SCW Retribution is going to play out live on pay per view. Everything shifts to the wrestling ring that is already set up. Blake Mason, wearing blue jeans, a black “BME” t-shirt and black boots is sitting in the corner staring up at the empty rafters.    

“We’ve played out this story before haven’t we? I suffer a humiliating defeat, walk away from Supreme Championship Wrestling. I make the claim that I am finished. A year ago felt entirely different, I marched down to the ring, Chris’s son Christian was run over by someone calling himself a fan of mine. Sounds like a cheap gimmick from a movie to add more meaning to the match than warrented, unfortunately the tragedy was real. Chris had all the justification in the world to do what had been dreaming about since Under Attack 2016, eliminate me. I don’t fault Chris, I don’t hate him for that night. The person I lay the blame on is me. I became soft. I let my guard down. That night changed a lot of lives. Kelcey left Chris. He is with Sienna now. A power couple the likes this company has never seen was born because I didn’t do what was necessary to ensure that chapter of my life ended the right way. The 15th Law of Power states finish your enemy so he doesn’t come back to haunt you. 2016 I didn’t finish the job. In 2019 my error nearly cost me my career.”

Blake pauses. He wants people to meditate on the last part he said. 

“I lived my life. Convinced myself I was content to stay away from the sport, I was lying. I was living in fear, not of the assortment of enemies I amassed over the years, in my heart of hearts I believed there was only one way I could be a success in this sport, I needed to take no half measures. I was concerned if I took certain liberties I would lose the life I created. I love Taylor. I’ve grown fond of Owen. Sebastian is a joy to watch grow up. I didn’t want to slip up. This sport, in order to exist in it, you need to fight a little dirty. You need to take a few liberties. In order to exist in the SCW landscape, being the better man will get you buried. Eaten alive. There is an exception to every rule. Owen was World Champion last year. My opponent Alistaire is a former 2x World Champion. Watching them ascend might give any young person out there hope. Just because there is the exception to a rule, does not mean being the better man is the new status quo. Professional wrestling is a business and a sport all in one, there is a reason the likes of Infamous have dominated for as long as they have. While there are certain lines I won’t cross, I still believe the rule to success is to take no prisoners. To be willing to dig your hands in the filth so certain people can keep there hands clean.” 

“I would never advocate for Kelsai to take the path I am on. She is the best of us. So is Peyton, she reminds me of Kelcey. The real Perfect Ten is one of a kind. Even she’ll admit there was a time she felt she needed to cross over to the other side. She didn’t like it. I hated that she felt the need to build a Monarchy. Nothing I am saying is untrue. It is about time the likes of Alistair Allocco stop being stubborn. Embrace the truth. I chose him because he has all the potential in the world to become the talent he envisions himself to be, IF he sits under my learning tree.” 

The camera angle shifts so we are looking directly at Blake. He pulls his attention away from the empty seats in the rafters to staring straight at the camera. 

“Alistair. The truth about you is that you are a glorified opportunist. Nothing wrong with that. Not judging. Just disappointed you present yourself as somebody you clearly aren’t. What you are at the end of the day is a politician who is quick to sell out his beliefs the first chance he gets. I was there when you became World Champion for the first time. Barely had five matches in the company. If you were truly a wrestling puriest, you would have paid your dues. You would have declined the chance to assert yourself into the Elimination Chamber. You would have had more respect for guys like me who worked hard for years to get one shot at the World Title. The reason you were handed that shot was because you rode Ace Marshall’s coattails. If you came on the scene just like everyone else you would not have been one of the six that year to challenge for the World Championship. And when you were down and out without Ace and Cassidy to leech off, daddy came. A father, I might add, doesn’t share the same beliefs you supposedly do. I won’t take Taking Hold of the Flame away from you, Ali. The FACT remains at Rise to Greatness it wasn’t your all star wrestling ability that won you that match, you took advantage of Abigail Lindsay taking Glory Braddock out of the equation. Be honest, would you have become champion if Abigail didn’t get involved? It’s highly possible Glory would have walked out Rise to Greatness as champion but I digress. With a straight face you can’t tell me your crusade to do the right has actually worked!” 

“The reality is Supreme Championship Wrestling has not changed for the better. This company has gotten worse. Nothing you have done has changed the fabric of the company. OPEN YOUR EYES!” 

Blake closes his eyes. He takes a deep breath. Reopening his eyes he pushes on. 

“Infamous is still a plague. Sienna is more than likely going to become the World Champion, again. Hell, James Evans if he had gotten his way would have put Syren on the shelf for good inside the Elimination Chamber last year. You haven’t become World Champion the right way, how do you expect to take on the likes of Infamous, Sienna, Chris, the countless others who accept that morality in a sport like ours is objectively useless?” 

“Being a better man than me is overrated. All that matters in this sport is becoming a household name. I used to be ashamed of my past. Check off the boxes of all the questionable things I have done. Some of my actions I legit regret. Would I hop in a time machine, go back in time, tell a 18 year old version of myself to walk a different path? No. I wouldn’t. There was a reason why I choose Day of Infamy to make my grand return. Infamy and Blake Mason go hand and hand. There was a time Ali when the dust settled, I wanted to walk the same path you did. I wanted to go out there. Have great wrestling matches. I would boast about going out there, having the best goddamn  match possible with little reward, no fanfare, I wasted away watching other people get handed opportunities I know beyond a shadow of a doubt I deserved more than anyone, when you sit and watch the same faces continue to be shoved down the collective throats of the public, you begin to question how the business works. Or like me you get taken out because you let your guard down.” 

“When I look into your eyes Alistair I see the me back in 2018-19 who was under the assumption being a better man in Supreme Championship Wrestling actually mattered. Thanks to Xander and Chris, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that is not true. Cassidy, your former friend, cheated me out of the #1 contendership to the World Championship. Xander kicked my ass not once but twice. To add insult to injury, last year at this very same pay per view Chris Cannon came close to putting me in a wheelchair. How am I supposed to respond to that, Ali? Go ah shucks, lets push forward being weak? Was I supposed to score honor points turning the other cheek?” 

“TO HELL WITH THAT!”

Blake rolls his eyes. 

“Your wake up call should have been Clyde Sutter. Nope, it wasn't. Your wake up call should have been Glory Braddock. Nope, you persist. Doesn’t seem I am going to be your wake up call, be grateful I am not coming for your goddamn neck. Infamous won’t be as merciful as I am going to be. Supreme Championship Wrestling is an unforgiving bitch, the day you finally accept reality, the day you stop trying to fight an ideology battle you can not win, the better off you’ll be.”   

“I can tell you I’m right until I am blue in the face. There is no hiding the fact I need to win. For the past twelve months Alistair I had to deal with the possibility that Retribution 2019 could have been the last time the world saw me compete. My last memory could have been me getting busted open, mountains of blood gushing from my face, battered, weak, castrated like a stuffed pig. For twelve months I lied to myself. I tried to take the zen approach. Fake zen is not zen at all. I have an ego, I possess too much pride to allow the ending of my wrestling career to be THAT match. My career will end on MY terms. No one elses. So at the name of the pay per view of one of my more epic loses, I will use Retribution 2020 as my rebirth. The weak version of me died a year ago, Retribution 2020 is my resurrection.” 

“Your resurrection could happen too, I am not holding out hope. As I love to say, hope is not a strategy. I will not make any promises of out wrestling you, what I will do my friend is drag you under my learning tree. You will learn a very valuable lesson. The Blake Mason Experience is here to open your eyes. And win. Can’t forget that. No matter how I may feel about you banging your head against the wall, you did the main event Rise to Greatness last year. You are a 2 time World Champion. You are in management's good graces. All things considered, beating you will be a nice feather in my cap. You're not the first former World Champion I would have beaten. I have zero doubt what the outcome of our match will be.”

Blake confidently smirks. 

“Hope you're ready. I am. Alistair... SCW Universe... thanks for coming.” 

Blake rolls out the ring. The scene ends with him walking up the ramp.
Sins of the Father, Chapter 20: Building a Family