Xander Valentine vs. Lucas Knight
For singles: 2 RP Limit

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Sunday, March 15, 2020
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
OOC: Since Jon has been kind enough to inform me that he's foregoing this match to focus on the main event, I'm going to go ahead and post only the shoot I had prepared for the match and save my scenes for the future.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Retribution 2020, Vs. Lucas Knight
Same old Lucas Knight. Some men don’t change with time. And a part of me is glad that you haven’t changed one bit, Lucas. Here I was afraid that marriage to a Street would have altered your bravado, would have made you weaker, would have rendered you spineless. After all, I heard Trinity keeps your balls in a fucking jar but evidently that’s not true. You’re running your mouth as usual but that’s always been you. You might be a fool. You might be an asshole. You might be many things, Lucas, but you’re no coward. I know that. I’m not fucking stupid. We all know you’ve never been a coward. And that’s what I have always liked about you. You’ve never hesitant to step up to the plate. You don’t finch. You look me in the eyes, you refuse to back down. You thrown some pretty good punches, landed some pretty good hits so far. All signs point towards you delivering on your promise. You’ve pursued me. You’ve hunted me down.

And let’s be honest, it’s refreshing not to have to wait. Like you, I’m entering the twilight of my career as a professional wrestler. I don’t have the luxury of time to waste. It’s a matter of time that SCW finds a way to eject me from their hallowed halls. And I’ve grown tired of the timidity a certain Hellcat have displayed when approaching me. For months and months, Regan promised she would be the one to dispatch me from SCW, to put a stop to me. To punish men for my transgressions against her. Over a year, I waited and then she showed up, without any real bite… all fluff! She demanded respect from me, but why should I give it when she ultimately disrespected me. I didn’t start this war. I’ve been a good boy, Lucas. And while your family has been blaming me for Jonathan’s little spill on the outside, let’s just say I don’t control Artemis. So throw that at my feet and I’m simply going to laugh at your amusing rallying cry. And let’s stop pretending, you and I both know little Jonny boy got what he deserved. Eventually, his mouth was going to catch up to him, and that’s what happened.

People get hurt. Get over it.

But you, Lucas. You’re good on your word. You’re bringing me a fight. You don’t hide behind a big desk.

It’s about time that I don’t have to wait. I’ve grown tired of waiting for a fight. The moment you felt your family threatened, you acted immediately. I expect that from a family man. I actually respect you.  For that. You’ve swooped in to play the role of big brother. Bravo! Now you’ve come to kick my ass. No beating around the bush. No idle jawing. No pointless posturing. No delay. You acted.

That’s how it should be.

But let’s not pretend this is a new Lucas Knight, a stronger Lucas Knight. You don’t age as well as your rum.  I bet you have grown tired within. Tired of fighting others’ battles. Tired of being used as a pawn in a game of chess. I can see the exhaustion in your eyes. You said you’re in the mood to fight a monster, but that hasn’t been the first time I’ve heard that from your mouth, has it? I remember you spouting similar things years ago. Different wife. Same story. And it will have the same outcome. Your gallant ride to protect will end the same way as your last crusade, boy. You remember? You remember watching the look in Christy’s eyes when I squeezed the life out of her and tossed her aside, left her in a heap on the canvas? You remember being completely helpless. You’re helpless again, not able to stop the destruction I’m about to lay upon your family.

You let down your ex-wife that fateful November evening. You’re about to disappoint another wife. Funny how history repeats itself, isn’t it?

See I have no issues with you personally, Lucas. Sure, you’ve gotten some cheap shots in but I am really one to speak? I do however have issues with the Street family, particularly Regan. You stand in my path. If I have to destroy everything she cares about, hurt everyone she cares about to finally have my vengeance, then I will tear apart her family, burn a path to her. I might be restrained, but I’ll find away. She crossed a line at Day of Infamy. She couldn’t handle not getting what she wanted, and like a purulent child, she unceremoniously attacked Artemis. She hurt the innocence that Artemis embodies. On that day, she signed up for retribution, against her entire family. And since you consider yourself a part of the Street family, your name just happens to be on the list. Your eagerness to step forward and line up before the firing squad makes things a lot easier for me.

The hunter has now become the hunted. Like they always say, be careful what you wish for. At Retribution, you will face a monster… a real monster. I do no longer need to hide behind the mask of Abaddon as I did those years ago. In that ring, I’m unshackled now. The hell that Regan makes a mockery of, that is what exists in that ring once that bell is rung. The same hell you couldn’t survive years ago, no matter how much you wanted to protect the ones you love, they still burned. Go back home, Lucas, return to peddling your snake oil with your buddy David. Enjoy it while it lasts. There isn’t enough Infamously Dangerous rum to soothe the pain that I’m about to inflict upon you. I hope Regan watches every moment of your struggle. I hope she sees that she is responsible for the pain inflicted upon her loved ones. This is all her fault!

I hope that I awaken something deep, something real within her, a catalyst to incite her to finally live up to her name. And you’ll be the sacrifice to summon that inner demon. And Retribution, the canvas will be my altar, and you, Lucas, will be my lamb to slaughter.

Retribution will open her eyes to true hell.

Fade to black.