Cassidy Carter vs. Blake Mason
Cassidy Carter vs. Blake Mason

2 RP Limit for singles; 4 RP Limit for tag
Noon ET Tuesday, August 21, 2018
[Image: 3zThvbB.jpg]
Inside a limousine in route to its desired destination, Blake Mason sits in the backseat. Sitting beside him is his brother, Victor Mason. He misses the days when his brother would travel with him. Victor brought a calming, soothing presence that he needed in these hectic times. His brother has a life, married, is more active in Mason Consolidated then he is. Despite all the ups and down, mainly caused by him being a little to assertive with Victor than required, when he wants Victor to be there, his brother would make time to be there. On this night he needs his brother there.

Blake looks out his window at the sights. Victor breaks the ice.  “Any regrets?” Victor ask his brother.

Blake pulls his attention from the window. He looks at Victor. Shaking his head, Blake says.  “None. Resigning with SCW is pretty academic.”

“I’m thrilled. Means less time you’ll hound me.”

“Lets not get ahead of ourselves.” Blake pats his brother on the shoulder. “I’ll always schedule time to keep you in shape.”

Blake takes out his cellphone to check the time. Next thing he does is pop open his Twitter app. He takes the time to scroll through to see check in on the latest happenings.

“Anything interesting?” Victor ask.

“You can say that. Check this out.”

Blake passes Victor his cellphone. He watches as Victor scans the conversation that Blake was having on social media. It is tough for Blake to gauge Victor’s thoughts by the stoic expression on his face. Blake sighs, “Come on, that shouldn’t surprise you.”

Victor hands Blake his phone back. “When you take into account the last time she spoke about me on social media I was that guy she fucked once. To go from that to she once loved me is quite a departure.”

Not believing how naive his brother is still, Blake sighs, “Feelings like that don’t die, Vic. Give yourself a lot more credit. Ask yourself a simple question, do you still love Celeste?”

Victor nods, “Yes. Always will. That’s neither here nor there. I’m married. Quite happily by the way.”

“The divorce rate in this country is 50/50 for first marriages.” Blake show his brother two fingers. “The second, the likelihood of a failed marriage increases several percentage points. Third. Forth. More likely you’ll get divorced.”

Victor frowns, “What is your solution? Not get married at all? Too late for that advice. I’m at least thankful you’re not going to marry Taylor Chase. I’m proud of you, Blake. Not piledriving Owen was the best thing you’ve not done. You know how crazy it would have been to date Taylor? Disaster waiting to happen.”

Blake returns his attention to whatever is outside the window. Nothing caught his interest. The subject of Taylor Chase is an interesting one. Picking up on his brother’s silence, Victor says, “Blake?”

Knowing he can’t avoid this, Blake once again looks at his brother, “The night before Rise to Greatness. You came to my room. The reason I was quick to rush you out was because Taylor was in the bathroom.”

By the flat look Victor gave him, Blake is unsure how his brother feels about what he just told him. “So she was still trying to persuade you to piledrive, Owen?”

“In effect, yes. Like you said, I didn’t give in. Clearly her powers of persuasion didn’t work. That’s not the whole story...”

--
July 22nd.
Post RTG.

After Blake Mason finished his match with Owen he stayed for the duration of Rise to Greatness in solitude. Regardless of how certain matches ended, the important thing for him was to enjoy the show as a fan, a perspective he once abandoned a long time ago. With Rise to Greatness in the books, he went back to his hotel. He cautiously looked around to keep in mind if anyone was looking his way. He entered the room to find Taylor Chase sitting on the couch with a bottle of wine in her hand, her legs crossed, and her fiery eyes locked in on him. Blake did notice there is a second wine glass on the table that the wine is placed on.     

Blake says non chantlantly. “Hey Tay.”

Tay rests the wine glass on the table. “Hi Blake.”

There was a lot of tension in the air, not of the sexual nature. Despite the cold welcome, Blake walks over to the couch to join Taylor. He doesn’t bother to fetch him the glass of wine.

“Tonight was tougher than I expected. I won. That’s the important thing.”

“It was academic that you were going to beat him. He is not in your league. He should work at Wendy’s. Wrestling is not what he was born to do. Thanks to you, he will continue to pretend he can be a big time wrestler.”

“Tay, we had an understanding.”

“No, you knew what I wanted. I wanted Owen crippled. I was counting on you to fire the first shot. You failed at that.” Taylor sighs. “Screw it. I’ll find another way.”

“Taylor, come on! I won. That’s enough reason to celebrate.”

“Not until Owen is retired from professional wrestling. You had one job.”

“You’re right, I did have ONE job... to win. Nothing more. Nothing less. That’s the object of a wrestling match. Can we please let this go? I’ll grab a wine glass. We’ll toast to our future... assuming we have one.”

Taylor rises to her feet. She folds her arms staring stoically at Blake. The way she is gazing at him does make him nervous just a tad. Taylor Chase is one of the most dangerous, unpredictable women on the planet. He is on edge wondering what is going to come next. That doesn’t stop him from standing up. He bridges the gap between him and Tay.

“What is this really about?”

“You didn’t piledrive--”

“Bull and we both know it.” Blake firmly interrupts. “Now, tell me, what is this really about?”

Taylor stares intently at him. “I expected you to follow through. You let me down.”

Blake holds his arms. “If you were really that upset about me not following through with your offer, I would have walked in on an empty room, not you sitting there looking like the hottest woman on the planet.”  

“No point lying.” Taylor gives a sly smirk. “Initially, when I came to you, I thought I could persuade you to see things my way. The kiss we shared on the boat was more electric than I anticipated. But I wasn’t going to let that get in the way of what I wanted to see happen, Owen’s destruction. That is what I have been hoping for. The brat disrespected his mother. No way I could allow that to happen.”  

She rest her hands on her hips. “You’d normally jump at the chance to do something crazy. I wasn’t expecting to... get caught up. Everything you told me in New York? I wasn’t banking on you actually wanting a life with me. I was taken by surprise.”

Blake remembers baring his soul to Taylor in the Bridgehampton home he shared with Bree during their secret meeting. He felt the need to place all his cards on the table figuring he had nothing to lose. She wasn’t his prior to that day, on the chance she walked out, life would be the same. He is thankful they spent more time together. He is more of a realist these days, standing in the room with her now, knowing he didn’t bring Owen’s head to her, this could be the last night.  

“How many women have you been with? How many of those women you told similar things to? Kelcey. Rachel. Kennedy.  Tough to ignore.”

Blake takes a deep breath. Everything Taylor is telling him is true. No way he can dispute his infamous history with women.  “Understandable. I don’t  blame you for being cautious. I would be too. You are not the only one with doubts. I have them too.”

“Seem pretty sure to me..”

“Big picture, I am Tay. I left Bree largely because I didn’t approve of the way she went about dealing with Amy. She became a hindrance to my life, not an asset. Sucks to say that. We both know it's true. I wanted to show the world, more importantly myself,  I can do things a different way. You Tay are dangerous. You are willing to cross lines I can’t anymore.”

“A boy scout doesn’t kiss another mans woman.”

Blake shrugs, “I’m not going to lose any sleep over this.”

Taylor smirks. “That’s what I don’t get, Blake. You are willing to give everyone the impression that you’ve turned over a new leaf, when in fact, you want it both ways. To live dangerously and convince the world you became a saint. Life doesn’t work that way.”

Blake says adamantly, “What I do at work is what stays at work. What I do behind closed doors has nothing to do with it.”

“No one saw it that way when you were married to Bree, did they? What do you really want?”

“You.” Blake points to Taylor. “I’m not wavering from that. Sure, one day, if there is an us, people will find out. I’ll deal with the backlash then. My point is Taylor, I know how this is going to look to the general public. How this is going to look to the people I work with. I don’t care. I’m just saying, I am not naive enough to believe this will be received warmly.”

“Fair warning, Owen will pay. Nothing you can say that will convince me to let this go.”

“Ok.”

Taylor raises an eyebrow, “That’s it?”

Blake nods, “Yes. I appreciate your honesty. I want you. I accept there is a price to pay. I’m willing. Question is, are you willing to take a chance?”

Taylor grabs her wine glass from the table. She takes a sip. “I don’t know, yet.” Resting the glass back on the table, Taylor kisses Blake on the cheek. “I’ll see you around.”

Taylor turns around. As she walks towards the door, Blake calls out to her,
“One more thing before you go. Victor already knew about the deal you proposed.  I lied to him last night about being alone. Can’t continue to deceive him. I’ll miss you. Night Tay.”

Taylor turns around. She nods. “Night Blake.”

Blake doesn’t keep his eyes off Taylor as she leaves his room. He grabs the bottle wine, takes a seat on the couch. Doesn’t take him long to finish off the rest of the bottle. All he can think about is her.  

==

All Victor could do is nod his head digesting his brother’s story.

“I appreciate you telling me the truth.”   

“So, you’re not mad at me?”

With a sly smirk, Victor says to his brother. “I blindsided you with a Shotgun wedding, we’re fairly even I’d say.”

Chuckling, Blake comes back with. “We have a interesting history not inviting each other to the others wedding. If Cassie ever marries Cindy, she’ll break the cycle? Or Lenore marrying Michael. We can count on Micheal showing up if Taylor becomes my girl.”

Victor tilts his head to the side, “I’m probably wasting my time asking this. Might as well. Still going to pursue this with Taylor?”

Blake sighs, “Is that a problem?”

“Do you believe you’ll be happy with her in light of the downside? Is Taylor Chase worth it?”

Blake doesn’t hesitate to answer, “Long term? Yes. I don’t plan to wrestle forever, Victor. The fans, the people I work with can make their judgements. I don’t see myself wrestling for that much longer. I can spend the rest of my life with Taylor. When you put it that way? She is. There is no guarantee she’ll ditch, Scott. I don’t want to deal in hypotheticals. Trying to be realistic. Getting my hopes up about this could break my heart more than it is now.”

Victor nods, “Alright. You are aware of my concerns. That’s good enough. Wish you’d find a woman more compatible with the way you wish to live your life. I have your back, no matter what.”

The window separating the back of the limo and the front of the limo lowers. Their driver turns his head. He says. “Blake, Victor,  we’re here.”

Blake waits for the window to raise up before turning to his brother; “Here’s something to think about, Vic. Talk to Celeste.”

Victor blinks, shocked his brother would go there. “Nothing productive can come from that. She moved on. So have I.”

Blake infactly says, “She still loves you, though.”

Victor shakes his head in disbelief, “Thought you came around on Kelsai.”

“I have. Sweet girl. Celeste didn’t toss out the she used to love you line for the sake of it. I’m not saying you need to hook up. Clearly, there is something unresolved between you two. Don’t make the same mistake I have in the past letting issues go unresolved. Give Celeste closure, ok. You both need it.”

“You’re right. Same goes to you. Truthfully, when did you ever try to square things away with Violet?”

Blake’s eyes widen. He wasn’t expecting his brother to go there. “Guess we both have work to do. Alright. We’ll talk to Serotonin. Hopefully we both live to tell the tale. Until then, there is something I need to do. Catch you later, Vic.”

Victor nods, “I’ll... be here. Have fun.”

“That’s the plan, Vic. That is the plan.”  

Blake steps out of the limo. He looks at at the PNC center, the sight of SCW Breakdown. There is no place he would rather be tonight. For three weeks he gave this moment intensive thought. Truly a no contest. Wasting no time he walked towards the building to kick off the new season of Breakdown in the only way he knows how, in style.

<PROMO TIME>

The scene opens outside the front entrance of the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. Blake Mason is standing on the steps wearing a black three piece suit. With his hands tucked into his pocket, he looks into the camera.   

Blake: “This should be... interesting.”

Blake half smirks.

Blake: “The one question - other then are you resigning with Supreme Championship Wrestling- a lot of fans have asked me is Blake; what do you think of the ongoing war between Katelyn, James Evans, Ace Marshall and Cassidy Carter?”

“I politely declined to answer that question, at the time.  One of the main reasons I didn’t, I knew Katelyn and James were going to handle their business at Rise to Greatness. Out of respect for them, I didn’t get involved, you saw it for yourselves, they didn’t need me. Judging by the KTFO heard around the world, while I am not naive enough to believe Rise to Greatness closed that chapter forever, it did feel good to see the GOOD guys coming out on top.”

“James has decided to focus on his career. I agree with that decision.  Katelyn is still sore for Rise to Greatness. With people like Ace and Cassidy still employed, we don’t want to assume they aren’t plotting their revenge, so with Kate and James feeling the need to put this chapter behind them, now would be an appropriate time to express how I felt while Ace and Cassidy were doing everything in their power to bring Kate down.”

Blake removes his right hand from his pocket. He balls up his fist.

Blake: “I was pissed off!”

Blake snarls.

Blake: “A couple years ago I had a hunch I was the father of Kate’s little ones. The truth came out. I discovered I was the father of Kayla, greatest day of my life. At the time James wasn’t the Father he needed to be. He has since owned up to that, all is well now. At that moment in time when the girls needed someone to step up, I was there for Kelly. I was there was Kiera. It was the right thing to do. Any man with a conscience would be the father those little girls needed to be. My transgressions against my co workers, I deserve to be called out for that. The undisputed fact is, when it comes to being a Father in Kayla’s life, no one can question that. Just like no one can question I was there for Kiera and Kelly when they needed me.”

“I share a bond with Kayla and her sisters. Always have. Always will. They are family to me just as much as Kayla. So to stand idly by as Ace Marshall and you Cassidy used Kiera’s name in vain for the sick sadistic pleasure of trying to break down one of the best women I know, a woman who has supported me no matter what heinous actions I committed against my co-workers. Katelyn is an angel in my book. She will always be a better person then I am. She is a role model. Like James said leading into Rise to Greatness, an inspiration. Katelyn is the best of us, trust me Cassidy. The only reason I didn’t come after you was because Katelyn asked me not to. She didn’t want me to cross the line. I did what Kate asked. I stood back. I allowed her and James to teach you a lesson. I doubt you and Ace are capable of learning from experience, it was nice to watch Kate damn near break Ace’s jaw. “

Blake smirks.

Blake: “Now we’re here. My first match of the new season of Supreme Championship Wrestling. I made a promise to myself Cassidy that I was going to focus on wrestling. I wasted a lot of time in my career keeping my priorities in proper order. I am not naive enough to believe the road to becoming the wrestler I should be will come without challenges. Wrestling you is a challenge. Not everyone is going to be Jake Starr, Thirteen, Owen Cruze. Those men wanted to wrestle. Neither of them forced me to access a dark place of my soul.”  

“When I look into your devilish eyes Cassidy,  I want to grab you by your blonde hair, smash your head into the mat over and over and over again! I imagine grinding your face into the mat until your face is unrecognizable. When I look at you, I don’t think about how you were a star in the Knoxville Wrestling Institute where you, my brother and my cousin were trained. I don’t think about the woman who won match, after match, after match there. I don’t think about a former GCW Television Champion. Your talent is not the thing that comes to mind, no, when I saw that I was going to be wrestling YOU, the only thoughts that consumed me was everything you and Ace put Kate through. From dragging Kiera’s name through the mud. You had the audacity Cassidy to brag about Kiera having to call you mommy... just inspires a level of anger that has consumed me my entire career. “

Blake takes a deep breath to calm himself down a bit.

Blake: “I ask myself, am I capable of keeping this strictly a wrestling match? Is it even possible step into the ring; block out everything you have done? Can I compartmentalize enough to focus on the task at hand? Wrestling matters, I have been saying that for months. Winning wrestling matches is important. Do you know what matters more than wrestling? More than winning matches? More than putting on a wrestling clinic? Family. You and Ace played a sick game with MY family. Kate and James got a piece of your ass, it is my turn NOW, Cassidy.”

Blake now glares into the camera with an all consuming intensity.

Blake: “By the time our match is over, you will understand loud and clear, screwing with my family does not come without consequences. I can promise I won’t go to the lengths I once did to make a statement, there are ways Cassidy to drill into your thick skull that being a troll is not the trip to the shoe store you make it out to be. For once, I am going to thank you for coming. On August 22nd, I will walk away from the ring with no regrets. Consider yourself warned. I’m not coming to wrestle. We’re going to fight. This is one Experience you’re going to regret bringing on yourself!”

With that said the scene fades to black.