Aaron Blackbourne vs. Jay Gold
2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Tuesday, April 7, 2020
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
Stories always make it look so easy…

That thought had crossed Aaron’s mind fairly often over the years, but it had certainly been popping up more and more often over the last month or so. The idea had consumed his thoughts and expanded like a balloon during the entire trip from Nashville to Memphis when SCW began to shift into pay-per-view mode. Of course, one thing he could say wouldn’t have been easy for anyone over the past few weeks was trying to figure out where he went next. Despite falling short, the war with James Evans had certainly put him on the map, though the missteps that seemed to be the bizarre trend of 2020 were slowly undoing every thread he weaved in trying to build himself up from that performance. There was no doubt, going into Retribution, that many were likely questioning if he would even be booked for the show, and if he was, then what would he even be doing? He had pondered that himself since the loss to Glory Braddock, trying to rearrange the pieces of the puzzle into something that made sense even if it was only to him.

He doubted anyone would’ve guessed he’d decided to clash with the recently returned Datura.

It seemed out of left field, that much was true, but Aaron’s reasoning was simple: she issued an open challenge, and he accepted it. He didn’t doubt that many would question the move considering the whole ‘challenged for the World Title’ thing back on the night of Trios, considering that those who were keen on overanalyzing things would be quick to point out that Datura’s only competed in the Trios Tournament since coming back, and while she made the finals she also had two partners to help her out and potentially hide any rust from her time on the shelf. It hardly seemed like the appropriate next step after taking his first shot at being the man on top of the mountain, but at this point, he knew that if he was going to prove he deserved anything further then he needed to start turning his luck around. By accepting her challenge, he’d not only secured a place on the Retribution card but had a chance to knock off someone just as desperate as he was to get things moving in the right direction and earn a hard-fought win that could go a long way in re-establishing himself and what he was fighting for.

Naturally, it could never be that easy.

It’s the reason why Aaron envied stories, whether he was their author or someone else had been the one to paint the words onto those blank pages. You could always come up with new twists and build unique worlds, but at the end of the day, you always have a clear idea of exactly where it all leads to. No matter what struggles you make the protagonist suffer through or how potentially apocalyptic the world becomes near the end, someone will always get what they want no matter who wins and no one will ever be able to take it from them. You can lay out every turn, paint every aspect of a character’s personality, build the environment that will challenge them as they’ve never been challenged before, but when it’s all finished and you close the cover you leave that story knowing that you always had complete control over how that scenario played out.

Real life would never play by those rules. Here, he was the character, armed only with the belief that he could control his fate but knowing full well there was only so much he could truly do to advance his life to where he wanted it to go. Maybe if he did have a little more input on how his story was told, he would’ve had a much better year this far in the wrestling business. Maybe he would be standing here as World Champion right now. He would certainly not be worrying about a certain uninvited guest plaguing his thoughts all over again. And yet, here he was, knowing that his efforts to try and right the ship by overcoming Datura were easily sunk all because of a face from the past that had found a reason to obsess over him and refused to just let it go.

I wonder if that’s how Regan felt when Datura first surfaced?

The thought was amusing only for a few seconds, and unfortunately, it didn’t provide the relief he was seeking from the maelstrom within his mind. No matter how similar the situation may have seemed, Aaron doubted Regan had problems beyond the ring that Datura had absolutely nothing to do with back during their war. If his own story was limited to just the problems in the world of wrestling, then it’d be a lot easier to manage. However, Aaron’s mind existed on three different planes of reality right now: wrestling, his life outside of the ring, and of course his own imagination. Of those three, the last one was where he at least had the most control, and he was thankful that order seemed to have been established for the foreseeable future so he had an escape if necessary to try and put everything back together once more. His wrestling issues thankfully seemed to stay there, even if he hated this persisting idea that Shilo was practically paying rent inside his head by this point.

It seemed odd that issues and concerns regarding a family that wasn’t his (yet) would be considered a problem sitting on his plate, but Aaron wasn’t blind to what it meant for him. Liane’s mother and father seemed to have some kind of issue with her in particular, and the subsequent issues with their other children had created a dangerous divide that threatened to spill outside of the borders of their personal business. When he was able to shelve his wrestling mindset to ground himself back into the reality beyond the ropes, that was all he’d been able to think about for roughly a month or two at this point. When it came to mending bridges with his own family, he’d had some unfortunate help from tragic circumstances, but even then he at least knew what he was dealing with. Mr. and Mrs. Forte were a virtual unknown he’d need to craft an approach for at this point, and while he wasn’t expecting to solve this problem overnight, it was one he wanted to deal with sooner rather than later if at all possible.

After all, how could he marry the love of his life and be hers forever if they objected over their daughter’s matrimony?

In an effort to try and clear his head, Aaron had managed to convince the manager of the hotel he was staying at in Mexico City for the upcoming Breakdown to allow him access to the roof so he had some peace and quiet. It was certainly nothing against Liane, even though she was busy right now trying to line up a few comedy gigs over the phone for when they returned to the States, but something about having a picture-perfect view of the whole city from up above and being able to just lose himself in his art while doing so always seemed to be the remedy for situations like these, where he was too lost in his thoughts and needed to just create without thinking. He’d been up here for about an hour now, deciding to dabble in painting on some small canvases he’d brought with him since he’d used the last of his current sketchbook for his artistic address to Datura prior to Retribution, and yet his usual medicine for this “illness” just wasn’t doing the trick. He’d tried painting the city skyline on this cloudy day, he’d tried doing a more abstract version, he’d even resorted to trying to turn the city into some kind of ancient kingdom as though he were bringing a fantasy tale to life, but none of them ever fully took shape as his thoughts continued to plague him and ultimately see him put down the brush and set the canvas aside to try again another time.

Times like this I wish at least one of us had a fairly normal family life… it’d make things a hell of a lot easier, that’s for sure.

Aaron sighed as he grabbed another blank canvas and took another stab at replicating the landscape before him as he saw it, but it wasn’t long before his brush strokes slowly came to a halt again as he just stared out over the rooftops, his mind still working overtime. It would be true that things would be much easier if there was a sense of normalcy in what he had, but the more he thought about it, the more he questioned if he would actually be alright with that. ‘Normal’ wasn’t exactly something he took a lot of pride in, enjoying being the creative artist he truly was and growing from every obstacle and hardship he’d had to endure growing up and building his future. If normal was what he was after… would he even have Liane in his life? Even if he fell for the comedian who had given him sound advice before lifting his spirits years ago, he doubted it would have lasted once he got to know her in that scenario. Then again, if she was just a normal woman, would he even have considered being with her? After all, he couldn’t deny that his life was a lot more interesting and unique with her as a part of it, and he’d long since accepted the fact that his life was never meant to be normal and took it in stride.

“Are the happy little clouds working their magic?”

Aaron whipped around in surprise just in time to see Liane closing the door to the stairs that led up to the roof before slowly approaching him. He was surprised that she’d found him, and he quickly tried to shove all of his thoughts to the side so he could converse with her as she stopped not too far away from him, eyes turning down towards the barely-started paintings as her smile slowly turned into a frown at the realization that if he was having trouble filling an entire canvas with an artistic masterpiece, then something was very wrong.

“Liane… what are you doing up here?”

“I know you said you needed some alone time to clear your head, and I let it go while I was on the phone. But you’ve been gone for quite a while and I got worried, so I asked the front desk if they knew where you were going and they let me come up here to see if you were still at it.”

The look she gave him after finishing her last sentence was a familiar one to him: she knew he was having trouble with whatever was on his mind and she wanted him to spill the beans. Even though they knew they could talk to each other about anything and be one another’s support system, Aaron still had trouble opening up to another person no matter how much they’d proven trustworthy. He was always of the mindset that he would drop everything to help someone else at a moment’s notice, but when it came to his own problems they were his and his alone to deal with and no one should have to sacrifice to return the favor to him. It was those typical ‘nice guy’ tendencies that some call him out on that he just couldn’t let go of.

“It’s Shilo, isn’t it? What he pulled at Retribution was pathetic and that man has lost any right he thought he had to call himself an entertainer. He’s the only joke-”

“It’s not Shilo… though he is a problem that will be dealt with soon enough.”

Liane took a moment to ponder this, and Aaron couldn’t help but mentally laugh to himself about his own words. Shilo was a big problem, that much was certain, but he still fell into that category of something Aaron refused to allow anyone else to help with. As much as he really wanted to proudly say he’d prevailed the night of Retribution just as Peyton, Owen, and Alistaire all had… he’d let them down because of Shilo’s games. Even though they were friends and could watch each other’s backs without question, he knew Shilo was only interested in him and didn’t want any of them getting hurt or having their careers derailed by this egomaniac who couldn’t accept that his spotlight had long since faded.

Aaron’s thoughts were pulled away from Shilo, thankfully, when Liane gently took his hands in hers, leaning down to kiss them as a subtle reminder that she was here for him, no matter how deep in his own head he got. Her gaze had softened as she looked him right in the eye, letting him focus on the beautiful blue pools that made up her irises, and the clutter in his head very slowly seemed to start reorganizing itself the longer they just stared at one another. When she spoke again, her voice was as calm as she could make it, even if the tone of concern was layered thickly in her words.

“If it’s not Shilo, then I think I know what it is. Aaron… I know we both want to be sure our wedding goes off without a hitch once we finally have some decisions locked in, but you don’t have to stress yourself out worrying about my parents. They’re my problem and I can deal with them, just as you did with yours.”

“I… I know, but still… I feel like having you in my life helped me to resolve my own family problems, even if we had some… unfortunate help in doing so. I just want to return the favor so we can have our happily ever after moment, but…” Aaron paused for a moment to take a deep breath. “I don’t even know where to begin here. Outside of that one brief run-in with your dad, I haven’t met them or even gotten to know them to even think about-”

Aaron was silenced as Liane slammed her lips into his, pulling him into a kiss that would’ve been right at home in any romance movie considering they were still on the rooftop and the sun was slowly beginning to descend now, creating the orange hue in the sky that forewarned everyone that night would soon be falling. He returned the kiss as they held each other close, lasting for a good minute or two before they finally parted. Even then, Liane held her husband-to-be close, almost as though she’d lose him if she let go.

“You were afraid to ask me about them, weren’t you?” Aaron nodded with a sigh, which produced a sigh from her in response. “You don’t have to worry about probing for information honey… I’ll open up to you if you do the same for me. Please stop forgetting that… I don’t want to keep seeing you hurting yourself trying to handle things on your own. It’s OK to help others, but never at the expense of yourself.”

Aaron could only nod in response, biting his bottom lip as he tried to keep from letting tears start rolling down his face. This wasn’t the first time they’d been through this, and he knew he would need to work on being open to helping others but closed off about his own problems, but something about this moment made it clear to him how much it was affecting more than just him. Liane was hurting too, and not just because of what he was trying to help her with. She didn’t want Aaron to keep sacrificing so much and expecting nothing in return, especially when he had all the help he could ever ask for should he need it, both inside and outside of the ring. Her, Owen, Alistaire, Peyton, Kelcey, his family, her siblings… they would all come to his aid without a second thought just as he would do for any of them, and all he had to do was accept it. As he fought to get his mind to comprehend this and not simply let it go in one ear and out the other because this was one thing it preferred to stay deadset on, Liane had leaned in closer and started whispering in his ear.

“I know I told you before my parents looked to profit off of their kids’ dreams since they couldn’t achieve theirs. If it helps give you something to work with… my mom’s a dentist but she dreams of being a best-selling author. And my dad’s in IT but dreams of being a chef with his own restaurant.”

Punctuated with a small kiss on the side of his cheek, she took his hand and he let her drag him over to where his art supplies sat so they could get them packed up and return to their room. It was a small piece of information, but a crucial one that helped put his mind at ease and even helped it become more accepting of what Liane had told him prior to that. He knew there had to be more to the situation than that, but it was a start, and he didn’t need to put the puzzle together on his own like he kept fighting to try to do. He had the support to accomplish anything… he just needed to remind himself of that every now and then.

Just as he was determined to remind the entire SCW locker room of what he’d shown when he challenged for the World Title, regardless of whatever games Shilo believed would derail everything.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Retribution… it feels a little weird that I walked into that night not seeking that very concept, but instead simply looking for a creative collision against a very game opponent I was more than happy to throw down with, all with the intent of trying to turn my year around and start pushing forward to, perhaps, contemplate turning my eyes towards the very top of the mountain once again.

Instead, I walked out of Retribution wanting that very thing when all was set and done.

Now, I’m sure some of you were curious as to what my plan was for the show, to begin with, and truth be told it’s a lot simpler than you might expect. I know my year hasn’t been the greatest, even with the World Title opportunity and pouring every last ounce of my heart and soul into the fight I gave to James Evans. Heck, I heard the rumors that there may actually be no place for me on the card as we got closer to that night. So when Datura issued an open challenge, looking to re-establish herself around here in doing so, I took the opening presented to me because I was after that exact same thing and knew she would push me so that if I prevailed on that night, I would both know for myself and prove to the world that I’d earned it.

Sadly, that’s not what happened…

Datura was attacked backstage on that night, and someone masquerading as her waltzed down to the ring instead.

That same person proceeded to assault me, all to prove a point that’s only relevant to his own ego as a reminder to all why he simply cannot let go even when he’s already done more than most in this business could ever hope to achieve.

On that night, Shilo Valiant finally resurfaced after months of silence and started acting as though the games he’d started with me had never ended.

I’ll be honest with all of you… I’d have been fine walking out of Retribution in defeat. I know many out there will start laughing at that idea because they fail to comprehend the value of failure in one’s growth, as evidenced by all the meltdowns that tend to happen from those same individuals when a night like Retribution comes along and they cannot cash the very checks their mouths have been writing for weeks. But I never even got the chance to prove anything… Peyton got to have an incredible match with a good friend that was stepped in nothing but pure, friendly competition to see who was simply better on that night, Alistaire got to prove himself against a man who told him from the start how he was going to play things and still prevailed his way despite that, and Owen got to show Syren the same thing I showed her months ago and beat her clean in the middle of the ring despite all her tricks to prove why she’s become nothing more than a shell of the incredible competitor that she used to be. I would have loved to join them, being able to say that maybe I prevailed over Datura as proof that things were going to turn around for me and it was high time everyone started to understand what I bring to the table. But I was robbed of the chance to do anything… I couldn’t even join my friends to celebrate their moments in the spotlight. I feel like I let our little group down, and it’s all because of someone who doesn’t know how to take a hint no matter how crystal clear the picture I paint for him turns out to be.

I have so much more I need to say, but now isn’t the right time for that part of this story… the only thing I feel should be said right now is sorry. Sorry to Owen, Alistaire, Peyton, and Kelcey for letting them down, and sorry to Jay Gold because I think it’s painfully clear he’s considered nothing more than collateral damage to whatever game is planned for Breakdown this Wednesday night in Mexico City.

Jay, you certainly don’t deserve any of that. Unlike the clown who never learned when it was time to leave the spotlight behind at long last, you are a hall of famer deserving of respect. The first-ever Supreme Champion in SCW history… a feat no one can ever take away from you. A former World Champion. A man who came back to SCW not because you you had an ego that demanded that you be put front and center and everyone had to bow down to your legendary status, but because you wanted to test yourself against people like me who are constantly referred to as this company’s future and make them step up their game to prove they are deserving of such praise. You are someone who understands what this business is about and strives to see others uphold those same ideals as they fight to earn their place around here.

As far as I’m concerned, that already proves to me that younger talent getting their start in this business should look up to hall of famers like you, not the likes of Shilo Valiant.

I would love nothing more than a simple match where the two of us give each other everything that we have until one has earned the right to be declared the winner. A pure test of skills to see if I have what it takes to overcome a veteran of your caliber or if I still have a ways to go. Sadly, part of me has to doubt we’ll get that. I’m not saying that because I’m suddenly aiming to treat you not as an opponent, but as a message to Shilo that’s supposed to scare him back into whatever hole he’s decided to hide in for the past few months after his last chance to get whatever he wanted from me yielded no result either way. Unlike him, I’m not petty and delusional that this needs to be treated as anything but the kind of match I want to have with you and hopefully vice versa. My doubts lie in the unfortunate facts that I’ve been dealing with Shilo for long enough now that it wouldn’t surprise me if he actively tries to sabotage my career and keep me losing night in and night out just for his own amusement until he actually grows the necessary set to stop running from me and actually prove the superiority he’s tried to claim for months. I doubt that’s the kind of victory you’d want over me, and sadly… I seriously doubt Shilo cares what either of us wants.

That’s not going to stop me from giving you the match we deserve to have Jay. If Shilo thinks he can take that from us because of his own delusions about who I am, then let him keep playing his games. He’s not the author of my story, and if he wants me to just get to our chapter already then it’s his own fault for playing hide and seek when I’m only focused on pushing ahead. This Wednesday night is about you and me… no one will take that away from us no matter how hard they try, and no one is going to keep me from pushing you as far as you can go in my bid to prove that, at least on this night, I am capable of overcoming the first wrestler in SCW history to have held every piece of gold he could.

I’m sorry Jay… not for the inevitable antics of someone who does not belong in this picture and is bothered by that fact, but because I have to fight to reset the ground I stand on when I know you feel you need to do the same.

I know things have not been the smoothest of sailing since you returned, though I’m certain someone with your experience expected that going in. I know a win over me, as a former World Title contender in recent months, would be a significant turnaround you could really use to get your story moving in the right direction once again. I know how big this victory would be for you… and I’m afraid I have to try and deny you that because, as far as I’m concerned, I need this win just as badly, if not more. These games I wanted no part of have begun to define my career and it’s all anybody wants to talk about when it comes to me… it’s plagued me since the tail end of 2019 and made my 2020 a living nightmare, and I’m beyond ready for a change of scenery. I need this win, Jay… if nothing else, then to prove there is still hope that I can be considered part of the bright future of this industry even with the chaotic hurricane that desperately wants me to remain at its core.

I hope you can understand and respect the reason why I’m going to come at you as though my life and career depend on it come Breakdown… and hopefully, you wouldn’t have it any other way.
[Image: yC0vuyj.png]
OOC: I had to strip all the formatting. Apologies to Olek and to Ruppy and to everyone else. I'll try to get stuff sorted next time I'm due to role-play for a match. It does suck being on a Mac instead of IBM. I'm STILL getting used to it. Sad

DATE: Tuesday, April 7, 2020
TIME: 7:53 PM CDT
CITY: Mexico City, Mexico

[To be honest, I am not feeling motivated at all right now. Not one bit. All I'm feeling is disappointment. A lot of you out there will of course point your fingers right at me at this current moment of time, because of what has recently happened. From me picking Xander Valentine for the Trios Tournament, to losing a hard-fought contest against Gavin Taylor where he had to take a liberty in order to get the job done, and to finally not wanting to continue in the match against Selena Frost, when the feelings between her and myself were mutual. We were both hurt. We both in that moment agreed that we could continue this at some other time, which was a very respectful decision to make between us.]

[So, why am I feeling disappointment? For the first time in my wrestling career, I'm disappointed with the fans out there. They booed when not a single one of them had a reason to do so. Trust me, it hurt, just as much as my shoulder and upper arm. After I left to the back that night, I tried to get a hold of Selena backstage, but opted against it when I got to her door and could hear that she was busy. I went back to my own locker room and feeling quite tired, conked right out on the couch. What I saw next was a vivid image that I just can't forget...]

[I could see Selena coming down the hallway towards me, holding her own arm and wincing, just like I'm doing. I take her aside and immediately tell her the truth, that I am disappointed in the fans for booing us out there. She looks into my eyes and can see the pain and unsureness in them. Even though she is in pain, she places her hands on my shoulders and continues to look me straight in the eyes, giving off a "It will all be fine. They will get over it. They're just disappointed." look. To that I respond...]

“I truly do hope so Selena. I REALLY want to believe that."

[I remember seeing her mouth the words "I know you do", before she excused herself. And then the image of her washed away...]

[Washing away... Something that I don't want to have happen to my adoration for the fans. I don't want to have a reason to be angry or even disappointed in them. It's just not a good feeling. So I guess... maybe that's my motivation. To make sure that NO ONE is disappointed tomorrow night, regardless of the outcome between Aaron and myself.]

[Sigh. It’s not going to be easy. Honestly though, it never has been.]

DATE: Sunday, April 5, 2020
TIME: 9:31 PM CDT

[I have just gotten done riding one of the bikes in the room and that has gotten the blood flowing in my legs and in my heart. I have definitely earned myself a breather, and right now I’m thinking about calling Martha. She made it clear last time that she was worried, but I don’t know. I don’t want to worry her more about SCW goings-on, when she is doing her absolute best with Sarah Vixen, definitely being a wonderful mother, and wife of course. With what’s going on in the world, I just want the two of them to stay safe. So maybe that’s not the best course of action. I do feel kind of bad for driving through Dallas and not stopping off to see my cousin though, but then again she is undoubtedly doing her best to stay isolated with Craig and their child. So once again, much like this past Wednesday night, I’m all alone. Once again, I’m unsure of what happens next. I will say this. I again... I just feel... exhausted...]

[I start to shake the cobwebs out as I find myself on the floor, still here at the gym. I go to get up, but as I do, I hear a familiar female voice from the past, one that belongs to a young woman who has since passed on from this world.]

“Now I know I’m dreaming. Sparkle? You passed away all those years ago...”

“Yes. I did. But you need me, now more than ever. Jay, I know SCW is nothing like what it used to be. But you need to be there, not just for yourself, and for Martha, and for your daughter... but for those who care.”

“I know, but-”

“Mmm. Jay. Look, I know we had our moments years ago too, but if you remember deeper into those times, you needed me to keep you from losing it. It’s why I’ve come to you now. I’m not here to toy with your emotions or anything, but please, don’t lose it. Sure SCW is a drama-fest now, but you can do your best along with sooo many others to minimize that and make it all about the wrestling. I have always had faith in you. And even if you don’t want to take it from me, your daughter and your Martha have always had faith in you, and will continue to do so. They love you. As a friend, I love you. While it may not seem like it now, the fans do still love you. Don’t let one bad moment get to you. It’s what the Gavins, and Siennas, and Syrens of the world want.”

[She pauses. I look around the room with my eyes to see if I can see her. But she is nowhere to be seen. Only her spirit is here.]

“I unfortunately have to go, but please keep in mind everything I’ve told you. We all believe in you Jay. Do what must be done when it comes time to do it. SCW will then thrive fully once again, with no drama and antics blocking its way...”

[Her voice fades and I just kneel down on the floor before my eyes close once again.]

[I now feel water being splashed on my face. I slowly sit up and shake my head from side to side.]

“Whoa, what the hell?!”

[I look around and see a female hotel employee and a female EMT above me and looking down at me. The EMT speaks.]

“It looks like you blacked out sir. Did you perhaps overdo it while exercising?”

“Um, I don’t think so. I’ve just had a full mind, that’s all. I’m fine. I think I’ll head up to my room. I have a lot to process. Thanks for that, I guess.”

“You still look a little flushed. I’ll assist you to your room and make sure you are fully okay before I go. Thank you for finding him.”

[The hotel employee nods and scampers off, probably needing to get back to what she was doing prior to finding me. The EMT grabs my things and escorts me carefully to the elevator which is nearby. At least my room is right by the elevator on the third floor. This is where she brings me. She doesn’t stay for long as she once again checks my face to see that it is regaining color. I thank her and she departs. At this point I’m not taking any chances. I lay down on the bed and just lay there until my eyes get tired enough to drift off to sleep. As it seems to be these days, it doesn’t come easy.]

DATE: Tuesday, April 7, 2020
TIME: 11:53 PM CDT

[This is not like me, being out here on the streets at night. Then again, I just haven’t felt like my usual self as of late. And for that I am in a way sorry, but it does seem like many around me are a reason for it. Gavin Taylor and Ava St. Claire... two reasons for it. Sasha’s decision-making sometimes... a reason for it. Though the biggest one is definitely the current state of SCW. My opponent Aaron Blackbourne knows exactly what I speak of, as he is just embroiled in a state of uncertainty as I am. For that, I wanted to wait until long after night had fallen, so I would be out here... alone... with no one gathered near me, in order to speak towards Aaron. It’s how I’ve felt for the last little while anyways... alone.]

“This is not where I thought I would be. These are not thoughts that I ever thought I’d have. Yet here I am and here we are. Tomorrow night I have to take on yet another fellow respected comrade in you Aaron. Honestly, I don’t feel like we should be having this match tomorrow night. There are just SO many people on this roster that need to have their eyes opened. They need to eat their slices of humble pie. Yet here are all of us whom respect this business, respect SCW, and respect one another... fighting one another. You and me. Owen and Kelsai. I know once in a while it is refreshing to face someone that gets it, but to me Aaron, I just don’t know. I guess I’m just getting sick and tired of seeing the Siennas and Syrens and the Chris Cannons of the world getting what they want, only having to compete when THEY want to. This is NOT a slight against you. Not at all. It’s just... I’m not in the right mindset right now Aaron. When Selena and I took that fall last week, it hit me, like a ton of bricks. And it hit Selena too. We knew we were both hurt and could not continue in that moment. The reason why I don’t think it’s right that we are facing each other here tomorrow night is that I’m scared Aaron. Forget about me. But I’m scared it could happen to YOU. I don’t want anything bad to happen to anyone who deserves to see success. You ALMOST became the SCW World Champion against James Evans, and next time that opportunity arises, I have the utmost confidence in you... that you will get over that hump and get that championship.”

[I pause and sigh. I know I should be motivated. I am at least facing someone that I can and do respect.]

“Thus I’m going to make sure this is not some bloody affair. This should ONLY be a wrestling classic between two men, one of whom has been to the top of the SCW mountain, and one who WILL be at the top of the SCW mountain. If I see at any moment that you are hurt, I will feel like crap, as you won’t have deserved it at all. That’s just how I am Aaron. As much as this match does mean to your near-future career path and for mine, it is NOT worth killing ourselves just for the enjoyment of those who clearly don’t care for either of us! Shilo for one being you brought him up. Gavin who only cares about himself. The fans who just want the blood, guts and gore... I really truly hope they don’t boo again when they don’t get it. I... I guess Aaron... I’ve never been so unsure of myself in my whole career. I guess I was hoping to come back and help the future of SCW, but clearly all that is happening is being pitted against that future... while those who deserve to have their butts kicked get to sit on the sidelines and laugh it up. I would hope Aaron that all of them would learn from watching us wrestle against one another, but you and I both already know that they won’t, because they are getting exactly what they want. They are getting an SCW where they can be complacent and instead get by on entertainment, dramatics, smoke, and mirrors.”

“It saddens me. Even so, I WILL give you everything I have tomorrow night Aaron, because you deserve that, just like Selena did. After it’s over between us though Aaron, I will be doing some serious thinking, because I have heard the rumblings. I have heard that maybe, just maybe, I shouldn’t be here. Considering the future of SCW in the hands of great wrestlers like yourself, like Selena, like Owen, like Kelsai, like Peyton? That’s the SCW I want to be a part of. This “2020 SCW” as it is right now, all the naysayers I think are right, I don’t belong in this SCW. But here’s the thing...”

“I don’t WANT to be a part of THIS SCW. That’s why it’s time for change. Regardless of who wins between us tomorrow night Aaron, I hope we can band together so SCW can move on to a much brighter future, one that we wholeheartedly deserve... one that the whole world should get to see.”
Guys, I'm having a serious fucking problem with my computer.

Ruppy, can I please make all edits?