40 Person Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royal
OOC: Obviously a last minute thing to make things a little more fun going forward. Promo only so like the Kandis effort is to further storylines etc. 

Well...

It's safe to say that I've had an interesting couple of weeks... Okay, perhaps you could say it's more like a couple of months, as everyone with a pair of eyes on their face can guess what I'm thinking about when I say this. Though in fairness most of those people would probably be happier pretending that the last few months actually hadn't happened since it doesn't suit the completely different narrative that they're obviously making up in their heads day by day... But regardless I could talk a lot more about said months but I've said as much as possible about it recently and so I'll go back to what I said originally... This past fortnight has been something else folks! In fact I dare say the time since just before Fatal Fortunes has been an experience in and of itself. I've recovered from no longer being Tommy Two Belts, I got over... WE'VE gotten over Kandis missing out on bringing the TV Title back to the Connection's camp, I've celebrated getting past Blake and Kelsai despite both of them saying that it wouldn't happen numerous times... Then came Fatal Fortunes and from then I've had to deal with being told how I feel, what I'm going to say, what I'm going to do... After Lady Fate gifted Blake once again, and took Owen along for the ride; I had to cope with the frustration and outrage of losing out to the dynamic duo and people glossing over the fact they didn't... Couldn't do it on their own. Have you ever been told how you should act or be feeling by a kid who knows fuck all about you? Well Kandis and I hadn't until the shocking rematch for our titles. But being the utmost professionals we are, we allowed the comments to be nothing but fuel for our rematch... The rematch we didn't think we'd get without another couple of hundred teams thrown in there to REALLY stack the deck... The rematch we not only made the most of, but silenced the Hypocrisy Brigade that tried to make you all think that a shoved together team could beat THE team without any sort of external meddling taking place. With no Xander or other Helms sympathisers able to get in the way, we showed up the paper champions as what they truly were.

Good.

But not good enough.

And in that moment we became THREE TIME Tag Team Champions. I couldn't be more proud of Kandis for showing her true grit and superiority to anything anyone has ever thought of her. Turning a potential disaster into a stroke of genius all in one moment. Picking up the ball I was forced to drop when my face got busted open… I'm alright now by the way, ladies and gentlemen… And scoring a damn touchdown with it! Now what could follow that up, I hear you all ask as I stand here once again as a proud representative and leader in the Tag Division… How could Tommy Valentine build on his self made renaissance, and yes take things to that next level? Well it just so happens that Taking Hold Of The Flame is on the horizon, and you all know what that means! It means that forty men and women all compete in an over the top rope battle royal clusterfuck to decide the next person in line to have a crack at the World Championship, currently held by my buddy Bree Lancaster. Now whilst anything could happen to change who the champ is by the time Rise To Greatness is upon us, this match pretty much guarantees that the victors ticket is punched to challenge for the belt… So if someone that has gone from rags to riches in such a short time was to enter the fray and show his might against pretty much the whole damn roster potentially, you'd fancy their chances, right?! I know I would!

(I smirk before shaking my head)

...But!

I have to tell you all that this isn't the year I go to war in order to improve on my best placing that I had the very same year I joined Supreme Championship Wrestling… I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not sniffing at the massive opportunity that the match gives the eventual winner… It's definitely a life changing thing to be able to just COMPETE for the World Title let alone win it, trust me… I know… But Taking Hold Of The Flame isn't going to be me gunning for the champion, believe me when I say that whoever holds the World Title will know firsthand when I decide I'm coming for them. No… Taking Hold Of The Flame is something a lot more personal to me, something that's been a long time coming if I'm honest right now, which is what I know has caused a lot of what has happened to me lately… Which is the crux of what I'm here to talk about mainly. You see, I was ready to sit this one out again and let someone else have their moment since I'm generous like that… But then something happened to me that I couldn't ignore any longer. Something happened that caused me to wonder what I had done to deserve being screwed over so badly, and caused me to take much more drastic measures to show that a man shouldn't have to hear threats of being walked away from or a 'partnership' thrown away due to pride or some sort of misplaced code of honour! So when all of you that were chomping at the bit to sign up for the chance to make yourself famous listen to this; know that I haven't stepped up to the plate this late in the game to throw you off in your preparations or to remind you all that my shadow is pretty big one to get out from under… I'm entering for one reason only.

To do what someone is trying to do to me.

I'm going to do everything in my power to take away what I know a certain group of people want. You all think it's great that a small army of people are wearing their rose tinted glasses and willing to get in the way of my goals at every opportunity? Well thanks to a man that I have gone to war with and for more times than I can count, more times than even his fucking wife could ever dream of in  her career so far and even in what's left of it… Your road through the already loaded minefield has just become more difficult than you could imagine. That's right, I'm coming for every single one of you that is signed up for this thing. I'm coming to take this away from you as a message to the man that made a decision by not making one when it mattered. So to dumb it down for you all, you came after me… I'm coming for you! But do you want me to let you in on a little secret? That's going to be fun, knowing that the army is going to be on high alert now I've given the warning but one person that should really be preparing for the worst is the one that I know wants this the most since she hasn't stopped talking, shouting, ranting, bleating and tweeting about it. Yep, I'm talking about you Regan!

(I smile and waggle my fingers at the camera)

Let's not mince words here Regs. I know that in spite of you wanting me to get my just desserts since I helped deny you what you wanted… At the time… You must have breathed a sigh of relief when Kandis pulled our match back from the brink and brought OUR titles back where they belong, because in spite of you not wanting to admit that your avarice knows no bounds, it would have been tough to have to choose between going after your precious accolade of being Supreme Champion by gunning for Blake and Son, or to 'try and teach me a lesson' which would probably mean you and whichever member of your fan club that had the 'honour' of being your partner would miss out on getting the gold for a while… But colour me surprised when you suddenly forgot about these shiny belts that Kandis and I have in our clutches, in order to take the flame and get the World Title back… That's sarcasm by the way. If it was anyone else, I'd have to applaud your efforts to try and really be the best athlete you can possibly be despite the odds not favouring you all that much, regardless of how much gum flapping says otherwise… But it's not anyone else, it's a woman that seems to follow the shiny shinies wherever the opportunity crops up and doesn't care which belt and which division it represents… And you talk shit about me? A guy that has brought even the likes of you skulking to my kingdom in order to attempt to get in on the glory. A man that has lived, slept, eaten, breathed and drank the tag division and not asked for anything else in return other than the respect I feel I have earned both as a wrestler and as a man in my own right. The people surrounding you have marked their cards Regan, believe me they have… But the target on your back is far bigger for me, and let's not delude ourselves into thinking that something insignificant like me being eliminated before I can deliver on my words will help at all because if you have half a brain cell, you'll know that won't stop me from making your mission difficult at best, I can feel a nice challenge for Jake's record at eliminating people whilst not being in the match coming on if the unthinkable happens. I was ready to just let you chase me in order to save face, Regan… To try and prove whatever point it is you've been wanting to prove when your friends aren't jockeying for position in order to get a piece of the action that coming after me gives them… But your husband changed all that and now you're going to have to pay the price one way or another. I can't help but keep thinking about how things could be different right now, but I know that no matter how much I want it, that all cards have been nailed to the table and there's no going back for a do over. On the bright side though, I figured I'd let you all know that I'm not taking on this venture all by myself… That in spite of my regrets for things getting to this point, I have someone by my side that has the same dreams, aspirations, desires and goals as I do. That carries my best interests at heart like someone who cares about you should. That's right, my esteemed partner in both business and pleasure, Kandis is going to be there to help lighten the load if I become weary… Such a task doesn't seem so Herculean knowing that she will be there and ready to join me… Enjoy this moment where you each think you will get to where you want to be, I mean it. Because I'll be there waiting near the summit, when you can almost taste that victory… Waiting to toss your own hopes, dreams and false promises to the mat outside the ring along with your self entitled carcasses… And David, don't think I've forgotten that you yourself have thrown your name into the hat; because this will be for you. I want you to see me end the fairytale that my "Sister" has crafted for herself leading up to this, see the one that clearly is the thing you care about the most I'm the world have yet another one of her heart's desires denied… Before you have your own flame extinguished just like that.

(I click my fingers)

You were all set for something taking place that would truly show who is the best person to move on to headlining Rise To Greatness, but now I need to interject and cause this battle royal to be devoid of the Sheeple that insist on pursuing me. Because of those select few people, Taking Hold Of The Flame is going to drown slowly as I submerge it Knee Deep in trouble… And when you are all backstage licking your wounds, lamenting the fact that you couldn't do it in spite of how hard you tried, wondering what happened for you to deserve all of this on what should be the most magnificent night of your life, I'll just say one simple thing. Loud and clear.

(I shake my head)

Go ask your Last Shadow Of Hope.

Go ask David.
[Image: jeNZaGV.png]

SCW Achievements

SCW Television Champion (x3)
SCW Tag Team Champion /w Kandis (x4)
SCW Tag Team Champion /w David Helms (x2)
SCW Tag Team Champion /w Jake Starr (x1)
SCW United States Champion (x1)
SCW Underground Champion (x2)
SCW World Heavyweight Champion (x1)
A Founding Member Of "The Connection"
A Founding Member Of "The Next Level"
Ranked 7th in the 2009 Taking Hold Of The Flame Battle Royal
Conquered The Thunderdome...and CHBK

Messages In This Thread
RE: 40 Person Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royal - by Thomas Valentine - 05-30-2020, 11:35 AM