RUSH CHAMPIONSHIP Drake Hemingway (C) versus Gavin Taylor
DEADLINE ONE - CD / SHOOT 2,500 WORD LIMIT 14TH SEPTEMBER 2018 2359 EST

DEADLINE TWO - SHOOT / SHOW SEG 750 WORD LIMIT 16TH SEPTEMBER 2018 2359 EST

GOOD LUCK
Drake Hemingway knew the task that lay ahead of him. At Emerge, Invasion Texas, defending the RUSH Championship against Gavin Taylor is of the utmost importance. More important to him then any championship is his cause. Dedicating his life to purity is the cornerstone of who he is. And he will do everything in his power to plant the seeds for future generations to come. On this day, he has every intention of solidifying that stranglehold. In the very cabin that he has chosen as a sanctuary from the outside world, Drake sits on how yoga mat with his legs folded. He is not in a meditative state. Drake is simply waiting for someone to come. In the far off corner is Loretta Inglewood, she is leaning against the wall near the window in admiration of the man Drake has become. He doesn’t notice her smiling at him. His attention is focused on the front door. Waiting. Growing more anxious. He wants to get this over with.

“Hey there.” Loretta, who now notices Drake’s mind is elsewhere, calls out to him.

Drake doesn’t respond. His focus remains every vigilant. Loretta walks over to where he is sitting. She joins him on the ground. Resting her hands on her knees, she again tries to gain his attention. “Earth to Drake. Hello.” Loretta says with the tone that would make a siren proud.

Unable to shake his attention, she runs the back of her hand on his cheek. He flinches, slightly. Not by much. She smiles. “Ok. I’ll be patient.”

About five minutes later there is a knock on the door. Loretta motions towards the door, her progress is stopped by Drake grabbing her arm. She yields. Drake picks himself up. He walks over to the door, opening it, two men walk into the cabin.
The first is Fenmore Judson. The second, clearly is William Blake Mason. Loretta is surprised to see both men enter the cabin. Especially Blake. Admittedly, she is excited that Blake would grace her and Drake’s presence, especially hers. Drake closes the  door. Loretta stands up to shake Fenmore’s hand. Then Blake’s. Drake walks over to join the three.  

“Hi Blake.” Loretta smiles cheerfully. “What brings you and your lawyer out here? Does he wish to be purified?”

Fenmore raises an eyebrow. “What is that?”

Blake waves off Fenmore’s dumbfoundedness. “We’re not here for that, Fen. Don’t worry.”

“I am legitimately interested in this concept of purity. Perhaps after we conclude what we came here to do, Ms. Inglewood can educate us both.”

“I can happily explain.” Loretta says eagerly.

Blake shakes his heat at Fenmore. “Not necessary. Trust me Fen, you don’t want to go down this rabbit hole.” He looks at Loretta. “No offense, Loretta.”

Loretta doesn’t appear offended in the least. “None taken.”

Drake shakes his head. Loretta’s high school crush on his brother did bother him, slightly. He didn’t suspect Loretta would go there with his half brother. At this rate, he wouldn’t be surprised if Loretta made it more than obvious she wouldn’t have an issue with Blake corrupting the one thing pure he has in this world.

Blake catches on to Drake’s uneasiness to Loretta’s response. He shifts gears. “We’re here for a more noble cause... I think.”

Loretta turns her attention to Drake. “Care to explain?”

Drake nods. “Yes. Remember when I told you I needed to visit my brother after his house show in New Jersey on the first of this month.”

“I recall.”

“Well...”

==

Several weeks ago, Drake hopped on his social media for the first time in ages, not to scowl Twitter. He lost interest in social media in general. There is a lot of pollution on social media, especially wrestling twitter. It is important for him to keep himself isolated from the filith. Any message that needs to be communicated, he trust Loretta would send the appropriate message. On this occasion, the messenger needed to be himself. He shot his brother, Blake Mason, a direct message. He needed to see him. Checking the SCW schedule he knew Blake would be in New Jersey for a house show. Not able to turn his brother down, Blake agreed to meet Drake somewhere... private. And dark. Quite dark. After the show, Drake asked Blake to meet him at a seedy motel in Jersey. That’s what happened. Blake found the motel. He knocked on the door. Drake let him in.

“Nice place...” Blake said, likely wishing Drake has chosen a more upscale place to conduct a meeting.

“Not what your used to?” Drake inquired.

“You can say that. Your logic makes sense.”

“Privacy is of the utmost important. Can’t chance coming into the city.”

Blake soaks in the dim surroundings as best he can. He walks over to the window, he peaks through the shades to make sure he is one thousand percent safe from what could possible come. No one in the parking lot. Check. He turns around to look at his brother. “You didn’t bring me all this way to help you hide a dead body. I’m not that good.”

Considering that he did abduct a man recently, Drake doesn’t give off the impression that he is offended by his brother leaping to his devious conclusion. “Not at all.”

Blake shrugs. He finds his brother’s nonchalant response a little concerning. No time for that. He is there on business. That’s where his attention is, on business, nothing more. “Make it quick. Don’t want to be in this room longer then I need to be.”

“I should be offended... but I’m not. That’s the answer I expected. Believe me, I don’t wish to wallow in this cesspool of sin a minute longer than required.”

Drake offers a smirk, the first sign of emotion he has allowed himself to show. “I have lived a pretty simple life, brother. I never felt the need to reach out to mother, or you, in an attempt to take advantage of our birthright. As Mason’s we are blessed with certain privileges. Going to our mother would prove fruitful, guilt is a complex emotion. She’d compensate me for my abandonment. I never needed to use our connections to further my cause. Until now. I require a favor, not from mother, but from you, brother.”

“Interesting.” Blake folds his arms. “Go on.”

“Loretta is important to the cause... and to me.” Drake pauses. “It is hard to find anyone in this life who shows you the level of devotion that Loretta has shown. It is a gift I hope everyone in life can experience once. Loretta saved me from a life no one should have to live. I was lost in the fabric of impurity. The parents who raised me meant well. They were ill equipped to guide me in the cesspool humanity has created for itself. Our relationship does not come without challenges. I embrace them. I know she does as well. In effect, brother, I am asking you to help me show Loretta how much she means to me.”

Blake takes a moment to process the glowing way Drake spoke about Loretta. After mulling over what his brother could ask him, he says, “Um... no.”

Drake tilts his head to the side. “No?”

“I’m confused. You told me Loretta is off limits.”

“She is.”

Blake turns his back to Drake clearly misreading the situation. “Oh... this is awkward.”

“Meaning?”

He didn't want to answer that question. Honestly is the best policy? So he was told. He turns around. He sighs knowing what comes next wasn’t pleasant “She clearly wants to take a ride on the Blake Mason Experience. I’d shatter her maidenhead...”

Drake storms over to his brother, driving him into the wall. His eyes flare up.“BLAKE...”

“Dude. Chill. Out. Sorry.”

Drake closes his eyes, takes a deep breath. He lets his brother go. Backing away from Blake, he has the chance to respond. “Tell me what you want!”

Drake sighs, “I need you to be a witness...”

==

Drake grabs Loretta’s hand. He does the honor of bending the knee. Loreta’s eyes bulge.

“I asked my brother if there was a chance that he could marry us. He said his lawyer is ordained. As long as we file the correct paperwork. And my brother serves as a witness. We can be bonded until death due of part.”

Loretta gathers her bearings. “But...”

“It is unconventional. I get that. I am not expecting to take your... what is it, brother?”

Blake quickly fills in the blanks. “Maiden’s head.”

“Right. Maiden’s head. We can still practice abstinence. The flesh is of no concern. In an age where men and women make the fallacy of marrying for love, I wish for a more old school agreement. We live our lives as one. Should unforeseen events happens to the other, the uninjuried party shall be protected. There are legal benefits to marriage. I ask, Ms. Inglewood. Become my bridge. Lets pledge our lives to one another.”

Loretta takes a moment to soak everything in. Doesn’t take long for her to say. “Yes. Becoming Loretta Inglewood-Hemingway sounds lovely.”

As Loretta and Drake hug, Fenmore leans into Blake’s ear. “Interesting.”

“A marriage without love?” Blake says with a sly smirk. “Why didn’t I think of that?”

Drake and Loretta break their embrace. Drake looks at Fenmore. “Shall we begin?”

Fenmore nods. “We are gathered here today--”

=

“Hello. My name is Loretta Inglewood... Hemingway.”

“I haven’t misspoke. The announcement I have been alluding to on Twitter... I am proud to announce that Drake and I are officially a Holy Union. Husband and wife. Enough about me, I am here to speak on behalf of my husband.”

“All great men in history has fought for a cause bigger than themselves. Jesus. Martin Luther King. Gandhi. These three men, and many more, sacrificed personal glory all in the name of contributing to the betterment the next generation. They understood one great principal. To fight for the betterment of humankind. A message that is lost among the masses in EMERGE. We can acknowledge one such person who has taken Emerge on their back.

Peyton Rice.

Aside from her, who else is daring to mold EMERGE into their personal likeness. I can proudly speak of one man... 

Drake. Hemingway.

For he knew the path he walks would be met with ridicule. Persecution. Disbelief. How many of you became believers during Rise to Greatness, weekend? Did you need Drake to physically prove himself against a man who boasted that he would keep the RUSH CHAMPIONSHIP forever? Is a man who is all flash, no substance, an individual you are quick to latch your hopes and dreams too? While Gavin was espousing in the power of himself, what Gavin fails to realize their is a HIGHER PURPOSE out there bigger than his need to promote himself as whatever he wishes to promote himself to be at the time.

The rather obvious question Mr. Taylor, what do you fight for? You fight for yourself. You fight for a cause easily defined in this Earthly realm. You will not be the visionary, the creator of worlds, a true pioneer like my husband, Drake Hemingway. For he has sacrificed the desires of the your Earthly plain. Gavin, what have you truly sacrificed? We can acknowledge you have sacrificed what is required of men and women of our profession. If you lose, you will go back to your comfortable home with your super model wife, surrounded by the comforting embrace of the Chase Family. Your hubris will remain a constant. The higher ups in SCW are looking for your commitment to Emerge to run out to ascend you to the main roster. They are itching to  promote you as the All Star you espouse to be. You lose nothing from this exchange. The only purpose winning back the Emerge RUSH Championship serves to a man like you is to justify your hubris.

Drake sacrificed his lineage. He could easily stake a claim in the Mason fortune. He has chosen not to. Drake is a man who has had to fight for EVERYTHING. Fight for acceptance within a multi million dollar family. He fought for close to six, seven years as a whole to promote the values of purity knowing there was a possibility all his hard work could be for not. Have you fought for six, seven years for one single cause, Gavin?

I. Think. Not.

And that is why you will lose on Monday. As great you are in the ring. I can attest, you are. I was there at Rise to Greatness, weekend. I saw you take Drake to his limits in a way no one in Emerge has. This battle comes down to purity of purpose. Drake’s heart, body, and soul are in the right place. Yours remains muddled in the cesspool of a corrupt world. We wish you well, Mr. Taylor. Go enjoy the spotlight of the main roster where you really want to be.

Drake will remain here, in EMERGE, keeping his promise to let purity, reign.

A-men.
allstargavintaylor.wordpress.com/2018/09/14/gavin-almost-in-texas-2-electric-boogaloo/