3/6/2

OVERALL W/L/D
20/11/2

1x EMERGE Spirit Champion 

Legends of The Chuke
Volume 6

“What’s In A Name?”

WARNING!!!

The following story you are about to read, although incredibly obnoxious and ridiculous is based upon actual events.The characters in the story though utterly dense are not being harmed by anyone unless it is The Chuke, but that can happen when you go on a three day bender that lasts an entire summer. Fun right? You better believe that it is fun! Anyway, enjoy the show!

When we are first born as human beings, one of the first things that we are usually given is our name. This power is entrusted normally to our parents, and we hope that they realize with great power comes great responsibility (Thank you, Spider-Man!). That is because parents need to be aware that when they are naming their child they need to choose wisely because whatever that they chose will be their child’s name for the rest of their natural life. Again parents need to make wise, informed decisions in this realm because because for every “Jon” or “Mary” you could also get an “Olive Garden” (People did it, I’m not lying!) and do you really want to risk your child resenting you for the rest of your life?

Yeah, that’s what I thought, so just back away from the Olive Garden please, unless we are discussing where you would like to go for dinner this evening then, tasty!

This is because a child’s name is the most basic form of identification, and not only that but a child’s name lets you know which family that this child is representing. However, there are those times that a person decides to go ahead and change their name for the one that their parents bestowed upon them. This can happen for a variety of reasons for example, maybe your parents did fail you and you ended up being named “Olive Garden” or “Lunch Pail” or some other abomination that you hate and you are finally old enough (14 if you are wondering) to get legally changed. Maybe you are a performer and you have decided that you needed a stage or screen name because your actual name is just too generic to invoke any type of reaction from the people, or at least the type of reaction that you might want.

Witness the man, the myth, the legend, The Chuke.

As most people are well aware The Chuke actually has another name which he was given at birth, Charles something or another, I can’t really recall. From the time he was 6 years old however, ever since he went to see a small promotion with his Grandfather at the local national guard armory, all Charles had ever wanted to do was be a wrestler. This wasn’t just another instance of the wrestler bug biting another youngster either, this was something most uncommon, something truly extraordinary. All that this kid could think about day and night, when he was waking and when he was sleeping and then yes when he was waking again. He even thought about becoming a wrestler when he was on the can, all he could ever think about was becoming a wrestler, teaming with some tall guy who wore red and yellow (Yeah that guy, okay, Dave Sullivan) and becoming the Tag Team Champions of the World.

Now there have been a lot of ups and downs in Charles’s life but would you say if I told you that he did it, that he became a professional wrestler. Well he did, and if you are taking the time to read this then you probably already know that, because you know that this average man named Charles whatever his last name would eventually become the modern day not so superhero known as The Chuke.

But how did a mild mannered, unassuming and good natured guy named Charles become the catch phrase borrowing, girl stealing, (Really, how DID this happen lol) somewhat electrifying sort of legend known as The Chuke?

Or more pointedly, how did The Chuke come to be known as The Chuke?

It’s a fair question, the answer of which goes back to a time known as 2003.

There were a lot of great things that happened in 2003, of which I can only remember 2 of them (Lets be honest, you are lucky I remember that much).

Saddam Hussein was ousted as the President of Iraq.

And Charles lived out his lifelong dream and on Friday night, March 14th he became a professional wrestler! Mind you he lost, but he became a professional wrestler I tell you, the crowd was cheering him wildly. Never mind that there were 43 people in that crowd they were cheering wildly for him. This was definitely one of the greatest nights of his life and I can tell you from everything that I have been told our boy was hype as he came back to the locker room, and why not?

HE WAS A WRESTLER!

Charles: “Hey Brandon, hey Gary, did you guys hear THAT crowd, they were cheering for me!! I can hardly believe it.”

Brandon: “Trust me, that crowd can barely believe the way that they were cheering for you either, and that really won’t believe it tomorrow when they can’t even remember what the heck you name is.”

Jumping from out of the shadows, Gary gets right into Brandon’s face…

Gary: It doesn’t matter what his name is!

Brandon: My point exactly.

Gary: You have a point? You mean like the fact that you have been working this show for over a year and he is already getting over with the crowd better on his first night! Or that fact that the crowd is still buzzing for him when he came back 5 minutes ago?

Brandon: Yeah, all 43 people are buzzing, I am really impressed!

Oblivious to the fight that is about to start around him concerning him, Charles cannot wipe the smile off of his face listening to the crowd that is still buzzing as Gary so aptly stated inches from Brandon’s nose.

Charles: This is amazing, I am a professional wrestler, and the people, they love me!

Brandon: Of course they love you ya maroon, you were stealing all “The Dwayne’s” moves even though you did them all wrong!

From the entrance door of the locker room, which was just a men’s restroom, another voice that is very familiar to all of the boys is suddenly heard.

Boy I still bet that you would give anything to have a reaction like that from any live crowd, I know that I would certainly give anything to have you have a reaction like that from a live crowd!

Everyone stops what they are doing and turns looking at the promoter, Buck who has just walked into the room

Buck: Brandon?

Brandon: Yes boss?

Buck: Shut you ass up, until you don’t want to work next week, got it?

Brandon: Yes boss…

Gary looks at Brandon and smirks, a fact that is not lost on Buck either.

Buck: Gary?

Gary:[b] Yes boss?

[b]Buck:
Stop acting like a fucking child. I only employ adults here, got it?

Gary: Of course boss.

Walking over to Charles who is still smiling, Buck puts his hands on his shoulders.

Buck:[b] That is a hell of a job you did out there. Congratulations on the crowd reaction, that was amazing. You are sure that this is the first time you have ever done this?

[b]Charles:
Thank you boss, and yes it is, my first time.

Buck: Well, I would really like to keep you around, but we need to do something about your name.

Charles: What about my name boss?

Buck: It sucks, like hardcore sucks, and not in a good type of hardcore either. Not ever a B rated movie hardcore. We need a new name for you, pronto.

Buck turners to the room.

Buck: Any suggestions for a new name for Charles here?

From the back, Rex who drunk like he normally is pipes up.

Rex: THE CHUKE!

Buck: Rex, that’s brilliant, The Chuke!

Rex: I said THE CHUCK!

Buck: Nope, he is a Chuke, I like The Chuke!

And a legend is born!