SPIRIT CHAMPIONSHIP - CHRISTIAN CANNON (C) VERSUS YUYO
DEADLINE ONE - 3250 ROLEPLAY 18TH SEPTEMBER 2020 2359 EST
DEADLINE TWO - SHOOT / SEGMENT 20TH SEPTEMBER 2020 2359 EST
“It had been almost a month it felt since Emerge was in Belfast, a night which saw the future of the company hang in the balance. An eight-person tag team match which would seal the future of the company or keep it along its trajectory only with one man earning a much larger voice at the table. No one in emerge for the most part wanted to see Aiken Frost’s team win, but the odds were forever in his favour given who they faced. A makeshift team of the champions and one challenger at that in YUYO. A woman who would be facing Christian Cannon at Heavy is the Crown.

This is what we were all led to believe until the end of the night which threw more questions into the air than answers. With Christian having removed some brass knuckles and knocking out Ryu with them behind the officials back. He would then snatch his Spirit championship and place it on the turnbuckle before telling Yuyo it was hers before leaving and heading towards the back. YUUO and Jennifer would then work together finally to get the victory over the giant Ryu thus sealing the fate of Aiken and his control over Emerge…

There was only one hero of the hour and it was Christian Cannon.

But was he?

Moments later it showed he was not having laid out YUYO with a chair backstage and with a ruffle of her hair like one does a small child, he informed everyone he was done with the company…”

From here we see the scan lines of a cell phone begin to reveal themselves as the camera pans out to show a text report of what happened a while ago now. The phone itself belongs to the young Brit who the article spoke about. He was sitting in a pub with a pint of beer on the table. He was dressed in a suit much like his father did, it was a trait he proudly picked up from him if nothing else.

Christian: “That was a good night. Rather proud of that moment.”

He places his phone on the table and pciks up his pint and has a drink of its amber goodness. With a lick of the lips he cannot help but nod before looking at his watch with a sigh.

Christian: “C’mon love where you at?”

He was obviously waiting for someone in particular, but they were running late given the time which was strewn across his Rolex watch. A man walks over to wipe down the table.

Barman: “Just giving a heads up we’re closing soon, so might want to wrap that drink up.”

Christian: “Alright mate, give me a few yeah? Looks like I’ve been stood up anyway.”

The barman nods before leaving, Christian looking at his phone for missed messages or Dms neither of which have been received as of yet. He opens his twitter account and opens a DM convo which admittedly was just one sided from his end and he tells them that he is leaving. Sorry things couldn’t be discussed. He doesn’t bother finishing the drink, instead steps away and grabs his blazer and puts that one and leaves the pub as it was closing. We can see Big Ben not so far away revealing Christian has back home in London. Battersea Park to be exact. He steps away from the table having left payment and exits the pub and walking out into the cold London night having put the mask covering on.

Looking at his phone he hails for a uber to come collect him and it wasn’t long until a car slowly pulled up in front of him. Looking at the app he see it was a different color and leaned down to look at the driver to tell em to move along, but a smirk creeps through his mask and his disbelief almost was on full display as the driver was none other than Tamara Todd. The passenger window began to slide down.

Christian: “You’re late.”

Tamara: “I’ve been busy, if you want to talk get in otherwise, we can go our separate ways right now.”

He debates it a moment but cancels his uber and opens up the back-passenger door and slides into the much warmer car.

Christian: “Fine.”

Tamara: “Wise choice. Now where too?”

Christian: “You can take me home, it’s not far from here. If you want to talk, we can do it there.”

She rolls her eyes as he leans back in the Prius and she drives off. There isn’t much talking done in the car, she is focusing on the road looking in her mirrors a little too often which Cannon catches wind off while browsing his cell. Eventually they arrive at the home he inherited from his father when he signed with Emerge. It was a quaint little place away from prying eyes. Not many people knew of it, but Christian was intrigued that she did.

Christian: “I suppose I should be concerned you knew where I lived.”

Tamara: “I’m a Todd, I always do my homework.”

Christian: “Then should I be concerned about that instead?”

She looked in the rear-view mirror and smirked, he was the first to exit the car and removed his mask putting back in his jacket. As she got out of the car, once again she looked around which he caught wind of before putting his cell phone away this time to remove his keys.

Christian: “Are you expecting someone?”

Tamara: “No, but never can be too careful these days.”

Christian nods and begins to walk around the back of the car as she shuts her door and walks to the back of it and opens to show a black holdall. 

Tamara: “Don’t get any smart ideas, I just need to change somewhere.”

He chuckled before seeing she had a slight look on her face that wasn’t one of confidence like she was usually full of.

Christian: “Then you are expecting trouble or something?”

She didn’t say anything, but then she didn’t need to. She just shut the door and she followed after him into his home. It looked a lot more modern than how it did outside, part of its charm. He had free reign to do with it as he pleased, and he certainly did. Once the door shuts Tamara drops her bag by the door and walks into the living room area while Christian removes his jacket and hangs it up and removes his tie before following her in.

Christian: “So what’s going on? I asked to meet up a few weeks ago, and you keep me hanging like that?”

Tamara: “Like I said, I’ve been busy. Besides you should be happy I’m here after the stunt you pulled.”

Christian: “Which one I’ve lost count. I rid emerge of that virus and no one even thanks me.”

She laughs a moment before elegantly falling back into a recliner to get comfortable.

Tamara: “And you really think that would be the last you see of Aiken Frost? You’re really not that ignorant, are you?”

Christian laughed before approaching his bar and pouring himself a glass of whiskey before offering Tamara one, she accepts.

Christian: “I am the furthest thing from Ignorant love and the world of Emerge is going to learn that first-hand starting with that little space pixie.”

Tamara nods taking a sip from her glass and admires the age of the whiskey. Christian leans against the bar taking a sip from his glass.

Christian: “So what has you so concerned with your surroundings, you pissed off your sister?”

Tamara: “What makes you think that?”

Christian: “Can’t imagine you’re concerned about anyone else other than her and that giant at her side. Like I said I’m not ignorant, I see everything that goes on even if people believe otherwise.”

Tamara sighs taking another drink from her glass this time.

Tamara: “I haven’t pissed her off, at least not yet. She doesn’t want me in Emerge unless I have her protection, but that isn’t what I am about. I want to do this myself on my own merit.”

Christian: “What would be wrong having her watching your back?”

Tamara: “You don’t know my sister like I do. Protection would be how it starts, and then it’s her telling me what and who to do it to and it becomes a giant mess. I don’t’ listen, we argue, and it gets ugly for all involved. I rather avoid that because I’m not a puppet like those she has with her.”

Christian: “So can I look forward to a visit then?”

Tamara: “Honestly? They’ve probably already snooped through here after what you did. I know Cindy has had an eye on you since what you did in Paris.”

Christian: “I see…”

Christian turns a moment as if in deep thought, Tamara arches an eyebrow before stepping away from the chair and walking to the bar to refill her glass.

Tamara: “If you’re thinking of going against my sister, I’d advise against it.”

Christian: “I got more important things to think about than feud with Unforgiven.”

Tamara: “Oh really? Like what? You throw your belt away and give it to that little bitch and left Emerge, didn’t you?”

An air of sarcasm followed along with that entire sentence, Tamara wasn’t stupid, and Christian knew that.

Christian: “All part of my plan.”

Tamara: “If you ask me it’s a stupid plan.”

Christian turned to see Tamara refill his drink the two now looking at the other. His thoughts go back to their match which ended with him winning by a whisker due to beating the ten count. They toppled over the top rope together and hit their heads, his being a little denser if anything.

Christian: “How’s your head?”

Tamara: “My head?”

Christian: “Yeah, we both took a rough fall during our match.”

Tamara: “Don’t remind me, I still owe you for that loss.”

Christian: “It could have gone the other way instead and I would have just chalked it up to fate. I could have been a right dick and made it worse, but I didn’t, I respected you more than that love.”

Tamara: “You don’t even know me Christian.”

Christian: “Maybe I don’t, so there is no harm in actually trying to do just that is there? I’m making enemies fast in Emerge and I think it’s safe to say you may well be just by association of your sister if nothing else.”

Tamara: “I’m not a Jennifer Helms, Peyton Rice or Minerva for that matter.”

Hearing Peyton’s name caught him off guard, but then that was only for a moment as a smirk appeared on his lips afterwards.

Christian: “Well if I wanted in your pants like that, I’m sure we’d already be upstairs fucking like jack rabbits, and I’d be showing you what all the hype’s about when it comes to the Cannon name.”

Tamara: “Cute.”

She rolled her eyes and laughed before stepping away with her glass and looking around at some of the photos on the wall, all of which were of his father when he was with Kelcey.

Tamara: “It’s a shame about your old man, these two looked like a good couple.”

Christian: “Yeah, it is, and they were but shit happens, I guess. I wasn’t happy about how it all went down, but he is his own man doing his own thing now.”

Tamara: “You sound disappointed.”

Christian: “A little but a lot has disappointed me lately. Almost added you to the list but here you stand, fashionably late but here you are nonetheless.”

Tamara: “Aww.”

More sarcasm which got a laugh from Cannon.

Christian: “You never told me how your head was.”

Tamara: “You really care?”

Christian: “You make it sound like I’ve got a reputation for being an asshole. When I take an interest in someone, I give a damn.”

Tamara wasn’t sure if he meant it, but he certainly sounded sincere in his demeanour. Felt a little refreshing if she was honest having someone wondering how she actually was.

Tamara: “It was a little sore, but I’m fine. Thanks for asking. Many wouldn’t.”

Christian: “Well I’m not many people and you’ll learn that about me, Tamara.”

Tamara: “So why did you want to talk then?”

Christian: “Because I think you and I would make quite a team. Not a tag team, I’m going nowhere near that clusterfuckery. But I don’t have anyone who I trust to watch my back and if I’m honest it sounds like you need someone to watch yours. Someone you can trust and while you have no right to trust me nor I you. It has to start somewhere doesn’t it?”

Tamara: “I don’t know if that would be wise for either of us, we could end up facing each other again soon.”

Christian: “If we do, we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it. But why should that get in the way of anything we could do long term? Look don’t even have to answer me now love, just food for thought.”

Tamara: “Well I’ll need to think about it.”

Christian nods walking out of the room to the hallway having picked up Tamara’s bag and returning to the living room to hand it to her.

Christian: “That’s fine take all the time you need, you said you wanted to get changed, you can go upstairs and use the spare bedroom on the right. I’m not playing any game here I am being serious about this. I think together we could rock Emerge to his core and it would be something you could do without your sister’s interference.”

Tamara: “she would find a way to interfere, she always does. That is the problem.”

Christian: “If that were to happen, we would deal with it when it does.”

Tamara: “You’d go to war with my sister?”

Christian: “Partner up with me, and you’d find out just how far I would be willing to go push comes to shove. It’s like I’ve’ said time n time again, I have a plan and I’m going to enact it and honestly I would like to have you along for the ride.”

This confidence Christian was showing caught Tamara a little off guard, there was certainly something about him which caught her eye but now having spoken with him, he did seem to have an interesting take on things. She took her bag from him and the pair’s eyes met once again, to him she was incredibly beautiful, but he wasn’t thinking with his little brain this time, it was all business in this instance.

Tamara: “Well you’d have to tell me what this plan is if I were to say yes.”

Christian nods and she walks off to head upstairs with her holdall to get changed into fresh set of clothes. She knew she had been followed; it was an obvious tactic by her sister which was something Cindy knew she would suspect but that wasn’t going to stop her from finding out just what her sister was up to. The question was did she know where she was in this moment, did Christian know just what he was getting into?

The answer to both questions at this time was no, but it was only a matter of time…

Cannon slowly walks back into the living room and pours another drink for himself and his guest for when she was finished. He then takes a seat in the recliner and begins to think about the future and how he wants to be remembered…

==========

Christian Cannon © Vs. YUYO
Emerge Spirit Championship.

The camera opens to Cannon sat in a leather recliner; he is decked out in a suit looking like a million dollars. He smirks at the camera while leaning back into it, he is clearly comfortable. The confidence Cannon carries with him is evident also, especially after the events of the latest Emerge still fresh in many people’s minds. He strokes his chin and nods to the camera; he is ready to speak and by the look on his face he’s looked forward to it for a while now...

[Rec.]

Christian: “All good things come to those who wait, so I ask while you did just that did you miss me? It’s a rhetorical question I don’t need you to answer because did you really think I would step away from Emerge in such a fashion with the biggest show of the year, Heavy is the Crown on the horizon? This is our Rise to Greatness after all isn’t it? A night like no other in the greatest city in the world, London MY Hometown and you thought I’d miss it? That isn’t happening, so much so Shaun Cruze had to make sure didn’t he on Social media by asking if I was attending. No doubt hoping one of his marquee matches wasn’t thrown into disarray after my little statement at the end of the last emerge.”

Christian nods thinking back to what he did to YUYO and the moment before where he handed her the Spirit Championship, a belt he wasn’t sure if she actually had in her possession or if Emerge took it from her.

Christian: “Let’s talk about that, briefly shall we? You know as I sit here, I am still waiting on every one of the Emerge roster to THANK ME for what I did that night. You look at Jennifer Helms scoring the pin fall and you thank you. You look at YUYO jumping on that fat bastard before that and you thank her, and Tommy Wasley was somewhere doing something, maybe eating a pie who knows, either way imagine you thanked him as well. But not once, not one person thanked me for knocking Ryu out. Not one god damn person thanked me for securing that win for our team. Instead when I ask to be thanked, I’m called an asshole by our Emerge Champion. A woman who I almost eloped with. So here I am only this time I’m not asking, I’m not demanding to be thanked for ridding Emerge of Aiken Frost this time because I’d be wasting my breath. So instead I’ll say you’re welcome. Because while I would love to wax lyrical about why I helped the management who I’ve bene so vocal against. I have someone else I need to address first, don’t I?”

Christian looks down at his watch however and kisses his teeth a little going into deep thought…

Christian: “But I think that might have to wait a little while longer. As much fun as it would be to shoot on that little fruit fly right now. I have a hot date tonight and I don’t want to keep her waiting. Instead YUYO, you can hear what I have to say like everyone else at the O2 Arena on Monday night and let me tell you little one, you’re not going to like what I have to say to you. This has been a long time coming hasn’t’ it, it’s been built up by those in charge as a show stealing match and it will be. Until Monday you can all go fuck yourselves.”

Cannon laughs to himself before flipping the camera off and stepping away from the recliner, his words ringing loudly into the camera as he adjusts his suit and winks to the camera before walking out of view.
[Image: ZbBQHbf.png]