I love AJ Allmendinger.
OOC: Posted in two parts due to length

The Dark Side of the Sun

”Stumbling Forward”

Breakdown
Little Caesars Arena
Detroit, Michigan
9:41pm

The actions of not only Xander Valentine, in what could only be described as a damned temper tantrum, but also of Dark Fantasy/Infamous was both a blessing and a curse in their own way – at least where Selena Frost is concerned. Yes, on the most obvious front, both the United States Champion (and future opponent of Selena’s sister-in-arms, Regan Street) and one of the greatest tag-teams/stables in SCW history had spoiled not only the tag-match the former tag-team champions had participated in, but upon winning said match, had ruined any chance for celebration by the Hellcat and Snow Queen – their existence within the Tag League, thankfully, still alive after defeating the Pychonaughts.

The rampage within their change room by Xander, followed by, for lack of a better word, ‘typical’ act by Infamous in an attempted backstage assault while everyone was distracted had certainly soured the mood for the members of Frozen Hell, their manager, Mikalea, and the World Champion, David Helms, leaving everyone either irritated, annoyed, or plainly pissed off.

Still, while Selena watched the officials drag the members of Infamous – Ravyn Taylor and Christy Matthews – who had attacked Mikalea and her away, a part of her was… grateful? Was that the word? No, it would – pardon the overused turn-of-phrase – be a cold day in hell the day she was ever ‘grateful’ to either Infamous or Xander Valentine.

Still, as she helped Mikaela up from the ground and ushered her back into the changeroom she and the Streets, she could not deny the relief these events had given her.

The fight with the Psychonaughts.
Dealing with Xander Valentine.
Supporting her sister-in-arms in her wrestling endeavours.
Dealing with cowardly attacks by Infamous for the umpteenth time - seriously, at this point, I should have frequent flyer miles or something- she quickly thought.
The tag-league itself and the fact that the stakes were getting higher and higher as they neared the inevitable end?

These were all issues in SCW that Selena could deal with, with her heart, her skills, her experience, etc. They were all tasks or obstacles that she knew she and Regan together as sisters-in-arms and has tag-partners could overcome.

And they distracted the Snow Queen from the reality that seemed to haunt her every thought when distractions were non-existent. 

Tick tock…tick tock… she could hear the seconds going by in her head, impossible to stop. If it were even possible for her to feel 5% more confident in the whirlwind of circumstances involving Regan, her mother, and her future as a wrestler, Selena would almost find it all ironic. That, for over a year and a half, she had wished for time to speed up to get her closer to Deanna’s freedom, closer to her and Regan being tag-team champions, and closer to her just having the life she missed once more. Now… all she wanted was to stop time. Freeze it in place so she could stay with Regan and continue to challenge and work within the tag-team divisions, or wherever they wanted to go together.

“Excuse me…” came the soft quiet voice, giving the platinum-blonde the barest of jolts through her spine, allowing her eyes to refocus as she scanned the room towards the voice. Standing just a few feet a way was one the SCW cameramen. Selena recognized him from as the one she had passed when she had rushed into the room with Mikalea to see Xander with Artemis standing down David Helms and Regan. In one hand, he held his tool of his trade – the rather bulky and heavy (by all appearances) camera. Beside him stood another SCW crew member, dressed similarly to the first individual. The only difference the Snow Queen could tell was that this man was shorter and was carrying no camera. Of course, the reasoning why became clear as Selena spotted the pieces/parts scattered all over the floor near the pair. 

“Sorry.” Selena’s mouth shook a little as she made sense of what had just happened. Quickly, her hands moved up to clasp together near her ribs. “Are you both okay?” she asked, her eyes etched with concern and a familiar hatred for Xander Valentine filling her. The two men nodded their heads in confirmation, but the camera-less man was a bit more vocal. 

“He destroyed my damn camera.” Came the mutter before he turned his head to look at his fellow crewmember. “Think Ms. Drach will ding me?”
“You kidding?” laughed the taller man as he clasped his friend on the back with his free hand. “You got assaulted by an SCW superstar! She’ll be more afraid of you suing!” he teased.
“Wha…I can do that?” 

Selena could now tell the shorter man was a more ‘recent hire’. And though she didn’t wish to come between what seemed to be a camaraderie of sorts between co-workers, she quietly cleared her throat.

“I don’t think you can.” She advised. “But I am sure Sasha would blame you for the camera.” She assured. “At the very least, you could have hazard pay tacked on.” She offered a shrug, trying to quell any ill tensions.

“Alright. Come on.” Urged the taller cameraman. “We gotta report this.” He added, quietly guiding his co-worker out as Selena moved out of the way. She kept her eyes on them until they were out of sight and the changeroom door had closed behind them (in front of her) with a click. Only then did she take a deep breath and turn around to face the carnage. 

The immediate presence of Ravyn and Christy – along with getting Xander out of the changeroom – had prevented her from truly taking in the damage dealt at the Executioner’s hands. The warped furniture, the pieces of camera nearby, the busted locker-room-

Her eyes widened as she saw her street clothes lying along the floor and over/under one of the flipped tossed tables… her eyes focused on the black laced underwear that was the most ‘exposed’ out of the mess. Her cheeks burning a little, she quickly marched towards the pile, grabbing the garment and just as quickly sought out and gathered her remaining clothes (least the ones she could find).

“I can’t believe this.” She whispered, unaware that her sister, Regan, who was tending to Mikalea had heard her. “I mean…what’s the point of all this? What does this prove?”

She knew it was beyond pointless to rationalize the logic of a man like Xander Valentine, but – for Selena – the state of the room, the carnage it represented, filled her with a near-dizzying sense of déjà vu.

There was no beating around the bush or sugar-coating the reality. When Xander had faced Frozen Hell at the End of the Year Special, he had been destroyed. Driven to desperation. Embarrassed. There were a slew of adjectives Selena could have used. And yet, had this not happened before? Had she not placed the Executioner in a similar state a year and a half ago when she had faced him at Rise to Greatness? And what had Xander done after that? In his rage and ‘deflated ego’? 

Casting her gaze towards Regan, the platinum-blonde offered the Hellcat a weak smile. “Least he didn’t attack fans this time.” She offered, earning a huff and a nod from her sister as Regan sat on the couch with Mikalea, continuing to dote on her as needed. Meanwhile, Selena spotted and gathered up her wrestling dufflebag in the far corner, emptying her armful of clothes into it. Lifting her head, her eyes caught sight of the World Champion David Helms, who had not left the room while all the chaos was breaking down. She had to give the man some credit. He had refused to back down from Xander, even in the Executioner’s ‘bitchy’ state. That spoke volumes to her.

“Here…” she offered as she saw the male wrestler of the year fixing one of the tables. She dropped her duffelbag to the floor gently and moved to the other side of the table. “I’ll help.” She added, taking the end of the table David was not to help him tip it back over and onto its legs.

It was at that moment that Helms decided to take a look around the room, taking stock again in the damage done, before casting his eyes back onto Selena. “You ought to see the bathroom.” He shook his head. “Damn…”

Perhaps it was his amusing look or his choice of words, but his remark instantly made Selena curious, the Snow Queen raising an eyebrow, leaning past him to gaze at the entrance to the bathroom (which was closer to Helms) and simply, with a skip in her initial step, made a beeline to the door-

She was not prepared to see the mess therein, or the fear that gripped her as she recognized the tossed items within said room. Sapphire eyes flew towards the metal box that was sitting on the shower floor, the joints/hinges of thinner metal warped by the impact. Surrounding it were pieces of broken plastic and glass, the contents of several of these were strewn along the wall and floor, creating a rather twisted and odd looking sight of ceramic and plastic painted with runny and powdery products meant for the face, not the wall.

All of that said, it was not the ‘crime-scene’ that alarmed Selena, but rather the box that lay on the shower floor. Through the open space provided, the shower curtain pulled to the side, she could see so many of her items broken and leaking within the box, filling it.

“Gods, no!” She gasped out, rushing into the shower space and quickly tossing out an remaining broken items, letting them fall from her hands to the floor. “Please no…please no…” she repeated under her breath, her fingers trying to work despite the anxiety that was gripping her being. The seconds that ticked by felt like hours as Selena desperately tried to remove any more leaking or broken items from the box. Finally, the task was done, but Selena was not finished, for, grabbing the now ‘empty’ box, she was rushed over to the sink, grabbing paper towels by the handful and pressing it into the spills of eyeliner and nail polish that painted the interior of the box, dabbing and pressing as quickly and harshly as she could. Part of her nerves – specifically the emotion of fear – she would later realize, probably kept her pressing the paper towel wad in her hand against the spills longer than necessary, but she would also admit that rational thought was not currently her friend in that moment.

When she was sure as much of the mess had been cleaned, she tossed the paper-towels into the nearby trash by the sink and, taking a deep breath, she moved her fingers towards the bottom of the box until her fingers felt the think black cloth at the bottom. With a silent prayer and a deep breath, she pulled the cloth up and away, noticing the different colors it, like the walls in the shower, now possessed. But as she dropped the cloth down to the floor, reaching back into the bottom, she felt her fingers touch the stiff paper and, gently and with baited breath, she pulled the folded item up and out of the box. 

The paper was tough – somewhere between an old letter and a flimsy piece of cardboard, and though it had a few splatters of nail polish as well, Selena could see that it was a far cry better than the wall or the rest of her effects.

“Thank Odin.” She whispered, pressing the folded paper to her heart before she began unfolding it, just to make sure…

Frankfurt Prison III
Frankfurt, Germany
January 4th, 2021
3:54pm

She wished it was a week ago, maybe a day or so more. Around that time, she had been ignorant. She didn’t have to worry about the future of her sister or the impending doom of their tag-team from fate. No, all she had to worry about was the “possible doom” of her tag-team (which was a huge damn difference compared to ‘impending doom’, she now knew) at the hands of Xander Valentine. It was odd to think to think that someone as dangerous and brutal as Xander Valentine would be outclassed in terms of fear-inducing to something as microscopic as cancer. I mean, cancer was always scary – but, I mean the size difference. Something smaller than a fingernail is scarier than mean ol’ Xander.

A week ago, she would also have laughed at the comparison if someone else had made it (and it was not associated with her sister). She also would not have the eyes of the guards on her as she sat within the visitation room of the Frankfurt Prison. Not that she blamed them for doing their job and ensuring the safety of all visitors – part of her even wishing she could take a few of them back to the States with her so run guard against the jackasses of SCW (in this instance, Selena meant those that continued to attack others backstage in blind ambush… it was almost as if there was rarely security around when you needed them in arenas during Breakdown). Still, a week or so ago had been hers and Deanna’s month conjugal visit, falling just a few days after Christmas. What’s more, it had also been their five-year anniversary of marriage.

For a moment, Selena felt her eyes grow misty at the memory. The two had celebrated the events – Christmas/Yuletide/Selena’s birthday/their anniversary – during the prison Christmas party but also the following Monday, where they were able to do so in the comfort of each other’s arms, as lovers could do. For the Snow Queen, it was…

A sigh escaped Selena. It had been everything she truly needed. The heat of passion, the soft touch of love and understanding, and, yes, even moments of cathartic crying of what they had lost together. A slew of emotions that had left them drained but happy and grateful for one another. It had given Selena the clarity she had needed to come back to the States and be…be… be her.

It was odd, but facing Xander, she had felt both empowered, perhaps moreso than ever, to be Regan’s tag-team partner and sister, but it had been so long since she had felt like Selena Frost “The Face of SCW” or even Selena Frost “The Snow Queen”. Regan was always Regan. Always the Hellcat, always fighting back. Always kicking ass… 

But Selena had not felt that way. She loved her sister. Loved her more than she could possibly put into words. But, as 2020 had unfolded and the two sisters-in-arms had begun their quest for the tag-team titles, the young woman had felt herself sort of fade away a little, becoming “Regan’s tag-partner” instead of her own woman. Even becoming the United States Champion again, a personal victory for Selena, had felt overshadowed by the quest of Frozen Hell. 

It had been necessary. Regan, more than anyone, deserved to be a Supreme Champion! Deserved to have a triumphant moment at Rise to Greatness that she could hold as a career highlight! Selena had no regrets in their journey, even to this point in time – but gods how amazing it had felt to feel like herself again. To drive that boot straight into the skull of Xander, like she had during their battle at Rise to Greatness – where she had cemented her status of possessing one of the most dangerous moves in SCW! A move that Sienna Swann had cowardly tried to get banned from SCW forever. 

The Snow Queen – The Face of SCW – had been dangerous, a force that even Xander Valentine envied, and capable of anything within the world of Supreme Championship Wrestling. It had felt good to feel that way again thanks to Deanna and Regan, and part of Selena wondered if she’d, and longed for the chance to, feel that way ever again.

Of course, that had been a week ago. It had only taken as many days for reality to lock her back into the realm of “Shadow of SCW”, as Xander had elegantly put it, showing her just how powerless she still was in this world. And now, when all she wanted to do was go back to the private room within the prison, into the loving arms of her wife, she was, as always, powerless to do so, confined by the rules of the prison her wife occupied.

“You’re far away again.” Came the soft voice and she felt her hands being squeezed ever so gently. Drawing her face up and her eyes forward, she gazed into the emerald orbs of her beautiful wife. The younger redhead merely added a smile, lifting Selena’s hands up with her own to press her lips to the pale, soft skin.

“I’m okay.” Selena watched her. “I’m just…” she sighed, shaking her head a little as she savoured her wife’s soft kisses on her knuckles and fingers. “I’m worried about you, and Regan, and Giselle-“

Obviously, she had confided in Deanna – perhaps the only person that knew more about Selena than Regan did – about the sudden change in situation that had come from Regan’s confession a few nights ago and Selena’s subsequent leaving for Germany immediately following the New Year’s celebration.

“Thinking about what you’ll say to her when you return?” the redhead broke into Selena’s thoughts.
“I…I don’t even know what I could say.” Selena sighed. Gunther’s words had already broken through to her, forcing her to realize the horrible mistake she had made. “I abandoned her.” She whispered. “I ran away because I was afraid of feeling so powerless again – that I couldn’t help her, like I can’t help you.”

She felt another soft kiss on her knuckles, sapphire eyes recatching emerald ones.

“You do help me.” Assured Deanna with a gentle smile as the two sat there at the table opposite each other. 

It made Selena scoff a little in disbelief, the young woman’s eyes taking in Deanna’s blue prison-uniform and makeup-less face, a stark contrast to the showered, slightly perfumed skin, and maroon sweater dress she wore with leggings and black boots. 

“Why do you scoff like that?” Deanna asked, a bit of hurt in her voice.
“Because aside from being here to visit you and…” Selena looked around a little before lowering her voice. “Make love to you.” She whispered to her wife. “What good do I do?”

“You give me peace of mind.” Deanna pressed, grasping Selena’s hands. “I don’t have to worry about our children because I know you are protecting them. I don’t have to worry about whether or not I’ll ever be alone because you’re always here with me. I…” she paused a little, her expression reflective for a few moments as Selena’s had been – the Snow Queen wondering what it was Deanna was remembering. Unlike Selena, however, Deanna was able to still speak as she reminisced. “I don’t feel so broken – even though I know I am.” She jerked her head back to reality, offering her wife a quick smile. “Damaged goods and all.”

It was Selena’s turn to squeeze Deanna’s hands with her own. “You’re anything but.” She stated sharply, though she knew it would not convince Deanna. What Deanna had suffered from at the hands of Queenie, even though it was a thing of the past – they had left scars. Scars that Selena knew would never truly heal, no matter how much she tried and tried. 

“You remind me-“ Deanna sighed. “That I can still be loved no matter what I’ve done or what’s happened.” She finished, leaning back over to press a fuller, harder kiss on Selena’s hand, which the platinum-blonde responded as well, leaning forward to meet her wife and press her pale lips to the redhead’s forehead. 

“Maybe I love you.” She whispered into the skin.
“Maybe I love you.” Came the quiet reply, breathed onto Selena’s pale hands. A second later, the younger Deanna huffed a quick exhale of breath before sitting up straight, releasing Selena’s hands so she could clap her own. “Okay, so what’s your plan with Regan?”

“I don’t know.” Selena repeated with frustration. “I mean, I know I’ll apologize and try to explain, but will that be enough?” she asked.
“It’s a good start.” Deanna assured. “Making sure she knows you’re going to be there for her.”
“Except we still have two matches for the Tag League. And neither are exactly a walk in the park.”

“So?” the redhead raised an eyebrow, unclear of where her wife’s logic was headed.
“So, she and I are one loss away from elimination – hell, if we tie, we’re out. How can I apologize, tell her I’ll be there for her and then we lose and get eliminated?”

“That’s not something you can control…” Deanna tried, only for Selena to grown, the older woman running her hands through her free waves of platinum-blonde hair.

“I hate hearing that.” Selena groaned. “It’s my fault we’re even in this predicament!” she added.
“How is it-“
“Because I was the one that was pinned!” interjected the Snow Queen. “I’m the one that got pinned at Last Laugh. I’m the one that cost us the World Tag Team titles and our one loss in this tournament! If I hadn’t failed Regan then, we’d still be tag champions – hell, we’d be IN the semi-finals for sure!”

She exhaled a little through her nose. “The old me would never have failed like that.” She whispered under the little breath she had left.

“The old you?” Deanna asked, picking up Selena’s quiet remark, causing Selena to look up to regard her beloved, giving a quiet, small nod of the head.

“The old me.” Selena repeated. “The person that knocked out Xander in one of the shortest matches in RTG history. The person that won two tournaments in a row in one year. The person that managed to wrestle a 60 minute ironwoman match on a busted leg. The person that beat Xander in a Last Person-“

“I get it.” Deanna quietly halted Selena’s list.

“I was…” Selena bit her lower lip. “I don’t know what I was back then, but it’s not this. Not what I am now. All I seem to do is fail on my own – I come up short and need Regan to save me in matches or I lose any match I’m in by myself, or…. Ahhh!” she growled, dropping her head into a waiting hand, pale fingers reaching up to massage her temple. Deanna, knowingly, remained silent, sure that there was more that her wife needed to say.

“I…” Selena breathed. “Regan and I have an experience edge in our first match. But in our second? We’re the rookies.”
“Who’s the opponents?” Deanna asked, though grew worried when Selena did not answer right away.

“Dark Fantasy.”
“Oh gods.” Deanna sighed. Though she had not been involved in SCW in any way for over a year, she could still easily remember the people that had been problematic through Selena’s career. Infamous – especially Ravyn and Christy Matthews – were near the top of that list.

Selena, meanwhile, kept her eyes on the table before her. “I’m not even sure we can get past Jordan and Cookie.” She admitted. The tag-team of the Psychonaughts, formed through this Tag League that filled the months of SCW episodes and Pay-Per-Views, had been – to put has truly as possible – on fire with defeating every team that came before it, including Dark Fantasy. Momentum, alone belonged to them, but even if she and Regan could get past them, that still left Ravyn and Syren…

And Christy Matthews…
And Holly Addams…
And Alexander Crowe…
And CHBK…

“What?” Deanna asked, reaching a hand over to trail her fingers over Selena’s cheek, regaining the woman’s attention.
“What?”
“You said, ‘Christy Matthews, Holly Addams, Alexander Crowe and CHBK’ under your breath.”
“Oh…” Selena’s eyes widened. “Was that out loud?”
“Kind of.” Deanna shrugged, sitting back in her chair.

“Oh.” Selena sighed. “Nevermind, just typical SCW/Syren tactics.”
“You’re worried about THAT many people getting involved?” Deanna’s eyes widened, though not as much as Selena’s did at her wife’s easy translation of Selena’s cryptic words. The redhead shook her head. “I’m not an idiot, Selena.” She chastised the platinum-blonde. “I’ve followed enough of your business to know what ‘Syren tactics’ are, okay?”

“Fine.” Selena huffed. “Yes, I’m worried. Last time I faced an Infamous member, it became two on one in a tournament final. The time before that, it was one of them being the guest referee and she got to use cables! I’ve lost count how many times they’ve bent or flat-out broke the rules- and it’s fine if it was just me but…” she had to laugh angrily at herself a little. “But again… I lose, I fail Regan.”

“You need to stop thinking this way!” Deanna implored.

“I can’t.” Selena shook her head, wrapping her arms around herself. “All I can think about is that Frozen Hell is going to end, no matter what I do.” She pushed herself out of her chair, trying not to make any noise so she could pass around the table, not caring that the guard was keeping a more thorough eye of observation on her. “And Gunther was right – about all things needing to end but…”

“Are you afraid you’re going to lose your sister?” Deanna asked, staying in her seat (to move up would be to turn the ‘observing’ guard into an ‘inquiring’ guard).

“I’m afraid that I’m going to lose EVERYTHING.” 

The statement came out without Selena meaning to release it, as if it was manifested deep within her soul, only to burst out like a firework. It stunned Selena to silence for a moment, her mind trying to process what such a statement meant, following it as best as she could.

“I researched the procedure. There is a risk to her career but very little risk to her life – almost none.” Selena stated. “My heart is thankful for that. I will always have Regan, even if it’s just me visiting her like I visit you-“
“I hope not!” Deanna laughed. “Unless there’s something you want to tell me.”

“What?” Selena turned her head, confusion etched into her features, until she saw the playful expression of Deanna, the redhead sticking her tongue out between her teeth. “Oh gods, no! Not like that!” Selena realized and assured. “She’s my sister, Deanna!” 

“It was okay for the Egyptians.” Deanna, nonchalantly, shrugged her shoulders. “And they say the greatest enemies make the best bedfellows.”
“Who?!” Selena challenged. “Who said that?”

The redhead looked away towards the ceiling for a moment, as if in thought. “I may have paraphrased a little.”
“I think you mean ‘adversity makes strange bedfellows’.” Selena guessed. “And it doesn’t mean literal bedfellows.”

“I know.” Deanna shrugged. “But I’m having fun.”
“Oh well thank Odin for that!” Selena huffed, unable to stop the smile from escaping her and forming upon her face. “You’re such a dork.”
“Yep.” Deanna smiled proudly. “Your dork. Hee hee.”

She tilted her head up, showing a full smile of teeth towards her beloved wife, causing Selena, who had stopped pacing, to shake her head good-naturedly. “Sorry.” Deanna finally said. “I was interrupting. You were going on about SCW.” Her voice trailed as she gestured towards Selena with her hand. “Please continue.”

“I…” Selena stopped for a moment before suddenly laughing a breathy chuckle. “I honestly have forgotten what I was going to say.”

“You’re afraid you might lose everything.” Deanna stated, her smile dropping a little as her gaze become more focused, concerned for her minx.

Selena pursed her lips together as she nodded her head in recollection. “Right…” her voice trailed off as she looked away.
“Which confuses me.” Deanna admitted. “You know, even if Regan has to leave SCW, you’ll still be part of her life and she part of yours.” She held a hand over her heart. “And you’ll always have me, our children…”

“That’s not what I mean, Deanna.” Sighed the young woman sadly as she returned to her sit on the other side of the table. “I’m afraid of losing every part of me that’s me.”

She knew Deanna wouldn’t understand her, so she took a deep breath before explaining. “My life is surrounded by so many wonderful things, despite the crap that’s happened. You, of course-“ she took the time to reach out and take one of her wife’s hands into hers at that moment. “The children, our friends… but that’s all what my life is. You are my life, same with Elsa and David and Ami. Regan is part of my life, same with the few friends I have in SCW…

Deanna felt her hand being squeezed though Selena had since looked away from her wife to study their hands. “But you take that away… all of it, all the love, relations, and that… what’s left?”. A quiet second of silence. “What is left that is Selena Frost?”

Again, Deanna remained silent, merely keeping her gaze locked on her wife as the wrestler continued to speak.

“Over a year ago, I was sure of what that was. Being a wrestler. ‘The Face of SCW’. Before that? I was ‘The Snow Queen’ and ‘The Crazy Miner’s Daughter’. Despite the past, good and bad, I’ve never once doubted who I am. From my hair-“ Deanna’s eyes twitched to Selena’s platinum locks before locking back onto her still speaking beloved. “To my beliefs – everything screamed to me ‘This is who I am’.”

A moment came and went where Deanna could only hear the inhale and exhale of her wife’s breathing.

“But at some point…” Selena’s voice became slower, as if unsure if she was using the right words. “At some point, I stopped feeling that. I stopped feeling so sure of who I was and what I was. I felt detached a little. I felt like, more but also less. I was your doting wife, waiting for you to get out of prison. I was Regan’s sister, helping her get the tag titles. I still felt love and felt loved – that never changed… but I… geez why is this so hard to explain?” she sighed, using her free hand to rub her jaw.

“Take your time…” Deanna whispered, squeezing Selena’s hand patiently, hearing the platinum-blonde take a deep breath again.

“I know I’m on borrowed time with Regan. It’s going to end at some point. I know I need to apologize to her for running off when I get back to the States this week… but what happens when it happens? I mean, say Frozen Hell moves on and Regan can still wrestle? She’s got a United States title match with Xander Valentine next month. She’s got goals and aims for the world title and Rise to Greatness and winning Taking Hold of the Flame. Tag wrestler or not, she’s never lost a step in who she is as a person…” Quietly, Selena shrugged her shoulders. “Where do I go? What happens to me?”

There was really only one word to describe what Deanna saw in her wife’s eyes when Selena asked those two questions: lost. Her beloved was lost in uncertainty – it was radiating off her in waves. Regan’s confession to Selena had driven the inevitable ‘end’ of their tag-team from ‘futuristic’ to ‘immediate’, leaving her minx with the questions she couldn’t find the answers to.

“What do you want?” the redhead tried to guide. “Do you want to go for a title? Maybe you could headline Rise to Greatness?”
Selena shook her head. “I don’t know. That’s the problem.” Selena sighed. “I don’t know what I want. For the past year, the only thing that mattered to me in a world where it was just me was Regan. Her health, her safety, her goals and dreams. I was fighting her battles and enemies – not necessarily my own… they just became my enemies because they were hurting my sister. But everything that I was for the past year… it was always tied and associated to her in some way.”

It was beyond clear to Selena. Even winning the United States title. All her opponents, throughout the tournament, had simply related Selena’s journey not to herself, but how she was ‘casting Regan aside’, as if that was even a notion. Even when she won, it wasn’t “she won’t last long” as some of her detractors would go, but rather how “She’s forsaking her partner” or “forsaking the title for more titles”. Always tied, in some way to Regan, never just being her own choice. Her own decisions.

“I never considered what I wanted ‘when I was back on my own’.” Selena sighed. “Now? With the end looming as a possibility after every damn match I wrestle, I still can’t figure it out.”

It was a terrifying notion to Selena, to be without a sure sense of identity. Xander had referred to her as “The Shadow of SCW” – an image fallen and forgotten, something she knew Infamous, at least, would take a stab at should they face (Cookie and Jordan were far too respectful for that). The problem was, Selena couldn’t flat out refute it.

Could she be World Champion again, too? Not if her match with Xander Valentine a few months ago was any indication of her singles wrestling ability. Hell, Selena couldn’t recall the last time she had won a singles match, losing to the likes of Xander, Glory Braddock, and even having her singles match with Maria Salvatoria being removed from the match list moments before the show started on an episode of Breakdown.

That had been more painful blow to Selena than she was willing to admit. On paper, the match meant nothing – a pairing of wrestlers to reflect the Tag League (or what might have been as Maria and her partner had withdrawn from the tournament before she and Regan could face them) – a filler match for the entertainment of the fans (which was always wonderful for Selena to do). But the staff had felt there wasn’t enough time for all the matches and had chosen to remove hers.

Remove her from the show, beyond segments. As if seeing “Selena Frost in singles action” wasn’t the crowd-draw it had been or something…

Was she only worth something now if she paired with Regan? Was she only a ‘draw’ or worth ‘consideration’ if it was ‘Frozen Hell’ related? If there was no ending in sight… Selena could have lived with that. Why not? Being her sister’s partner and redefining the tag division would have been amazing and worthwhile for a career, given all she had already done. But an end WAS in sight, even if they still couldn’t tell how far away it was. And again, as Selena’s mind circled back to the inevitable fact burning within her:

“I don’t know who Selena Frost is now.” The confession came out as a sigh. “I only know how to be Deanna’s wife, Regan’s sister and partner – I only know how to belong to someone else.”

It was a realization, and with it a feeling, she had not felt since she had awoken in that hospital all those years ago after Rise to Greatness 2014 – a night that she had to be carried out with help from officials after taking a beating from several other teams, including Requiem and the dangerous Rachel Tatum Lee. She had awoken in the hospital with a letter from her then girlfriend/tag partner, Dawn Lohan, effectively breaking up with her both professionally and personally. True, Selena had been more heartbroken over the personal aspect of Dawn dumping her, but with it came the inevitable “what do I do know? Where do I go now?”

But back then was different. Six years ago, Selena had been the Adrenaline Champion at the time, allowing her to hide behind the aspect of ‘being a champion’ until she could figure out who she was – simply defending the title as she needed. 

She didn’t have a title to hide behind now. She didn’t have a championship to simply defend as a focus. She had nothing in SCW besides her name, which had seemed to have lost its credibility as a singles wrestler, and that was it-

“I may have something that could help…”

The voice was quiet but endearing, yet held a hint of uncertainty and - was it nervousness? What could she possibly have to be worried about? Selena asked herself – surprised enough by her wife’s expression to have her attention entirely on Deanna – and questioned if maybe she had just imagined it. However, as her beloved slowly reached into the front pocket on her prison uniform, the platinum-blonde saw the hand shake ever so slightly during its journey, eventually withdrawing a thick, folded up piece of paper.

“Remember you told me about that bet that you and Regan were having? About the Tag League?”

Despite herself, Selena could not help rolling her eyes at the memory. “Yes. IF we win, and, right now, that’s a huge IF.”
“Yeah, but you still could.” Deanna tried. “And during Christmas, you told me that Regan had suggested getting tattoos?”
“Well…” Selena shuddered as she recalled. “She first suggested we dye my hair or shave off half of it.”

“What did you say?” Deanna raised an eyebrow, very much desiring an answer to that question.
“I said I’d shave half my head the second she shaves all of hers and her eyebrows and wrestles the next year in that Gopher costume that was running around SCW for a few months.”

It wasn’t the wittiest answer, but Deanna giggled a little anyway before gently handing the folded paper to her wife. “I thought, maybe, you could do this.”

Just as gently, perhaps more afraid that she was destroy so fragile a gift, Selena took the paper from Deanna. “What did you do?”
“Unfold it.” Deanna shrugged nervously. “But please be nice.”

Narrowing her eyes and adding a smile to match her curiosity, Selena slowly stared at the paper in her hand, as her long, thin fingers gently unfolded it… and she gasped at the image that emerged before her…
[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
4x SCW World Tag-Team Champion
2x SCW United States Champion
3x SCW Adrenaline Champion
SCW Television Champion
Longest Reigning SCW World Champion (234 days)
Winner of Shot of Adrenaline Tournament (2016)
Winner of Best of the Best Tournament (2016)
Winner of Trios Tournament (2018)
Winner of U.S. Championship Tournament (2020)
Winner of World Championship Tournament (2023)
Winner of Tactical Warfare (2014, 2019)
Winner of Elimination Chamber (2015)
Winner of Roofed Cage Match (2019)
Winner of Last Person Standing Match (2019)
The Unbelievable Main Event (2021-2023)
Winner of Double Jeopardy Match (2022)
Winner of EOTY Invitational (2023)
Female Wrestler of the Year (2016, 2021, 2022)
Tag-Team of the Year (2020 - w/ Regan Street)
Match of the Year (2018, 2019, 2021, 2023)
Feud of the Year (2014, 2019)

[Image: 34zetxl.png]
Breakdown
Little Caesars Arena
Detroit, Michigan
9:51pm

Selena took a deep breath of relief again as she held the folded piece of paper in her hands. In the last few minutes, she had checked and rechecked everything about it, ensuring that it had not suffered any extreme damage. Yes, there was dry nail polish now on one of the folded sides, a little splotch of beige , but it was on the other side that had needed protecting, allowing Selena to breath a little easier. 

Gods, I wish I could… her jaw clenched a little, the familiar disdain for the one responsible building up within her. She wanted to find Xander. Wanted to reintroduce him to her wrestling boot ala a good, strong knockout kick.

Conceal! Don’t feel!

She was stunned by the sudden, and rather strong insistence of her old mantra, and yet, there was something demandingly calm that it brought out. Selena was done with Xander Valentine. She had knocked him out in record time, driven him to unconscious for a ten count and now, along with her sister, had shattered his ‘dominance’ crap on the final show of 2020. There was nothing left for her to prove or show that egotistical jackass. But Regan? Regan still had much she needed to prove to herself – her war with Xander wasn’t over. And while Selena had been a victim of this vicious invasion of private property, she had merely been a casualty. Regan had been the true target for the Executioner.

She needs you now! Implored her mind. Now that you know the paper is safe, go be a sister!

Quickly, Selena pushed herself up and moved back into the main room of the changeroom for Frozen Hell. The place looked a little bit cleaner – the members of Frozen Hell and David Helms doing what they could to clean up, but there were still clear signs of the damage that Xander had strewn throughout the small quarters. Her eyes caught sight of Mikaela at the door, just as the young manager (poor thing still a bit shaken by Infamous’ attack) disappeared out into the hallway. Regan, meanwhile, still in her wrestling gear, as Selena was, had taken it upon herself to begin gathering her own regular clothes, which, like Selena’s, had been scattered throughout the room. 

However, as the Snow Queen spied her sister fetch some of her electronics, she could see the tension in Regan’s shoulders, which seemed to have been growing by the second. She knew Regan, and she was almost certain where this was leading to and, sure, enough, as Regan threw her bag down and stormed towards the door, Selena was across the room in the blink of an eye, her free hand reaching to grasp Regan’s outstretched arm (the one that was reaching for the door handle).

“Let go of me.” The Hellcat growled, not shockingly, pissed off.
“Where are you going, huh?” Selena pressed, glaring directly into Regan’s green eyes. “Walk out the door to get Xander after what he did to us?”

“Basically.” Came the huffed reply, Regan using her free hand to gesture towards the, still, messy room (though slightly less messy now). “These were my private possessions; my underwear is hanging on the door seal for Christ’s sakes. If he is some sort of perverted sick fuck, I swear to God…”

Little bit of a stretch there… Selena had to stop herself from chuckling a little, the idea of Xander Valentine being a sexual deviant like Ace Marshall rather than the physical beast the Executioner was, for some reason, oddly amusing. “He isn’t…” she settled on calmly saying, squeezing Regan’s arm assuredly. “This is all the work of a man who was defeated by us and he seems to be desperate.” 

She had said it before to Regan. Xander’s ego had been wounded – Selena had witnessed this first the show after her Rise to Greatness match with him. Xander had been humiliated, this time by both of them, and had lashed out. “Look, I don’t want to assume anything but what he did here? This isn’t him; he doesn’t go around destroying other people’s property. He rather hurt someone. He can’t so this is the result.” She tried to remind her sister. It was way it was almost a relief – Sasha laying in the groundwork to keep the audience and crew protected against Xander, along with any superstar who didn’t provoke him, so that this was all he could do.

She heard her sister groan in frustration. “I know that but at what point is this going to stop?”

Hopefully, when you beat him and take the United States title from him. Selena quietly hoped. It was really all that was left for them to do. She had failed to keep Xander from the title, but had regained her honour and pride through EoTY. But Regan? Regan was the nail in the coffin to this war. The final strike that could end all of this and dismantle what little fascade of an image Xander had left. Then? No temper tantrum or broken stuff would be able to erase the reality – the true dominant force within SCW being her and Regan. 

“Then we have Infamous running in here and attacking us-“ Regan’s continued rant broke through Selena’s thoughts, the platinum-blonde tentatively shifting her hand from Regan’s arm to wrap her back gently. “My little sister of all people, Selena.” The Hellcat sighed. “You know how the hell I am about my family and if there is one thing I will not tolerate is anyone attacking her.” Strong eyes glared back into sapphire ones. “Now, please let me go.” Regan asked, but it sounded more like a quiet demand, indicating the seething rage still within her.

Selena could only, initially, sigh in reply. “I can’t.” she shook her head. “Not yet. Let’s just pick up our things and get out of here.” Her head turned to observe the bathroom she had come from. “Looks like I am going to need some things, maybe a local pharmacy….”

“I saw a Walmart not too far from here. Mikaela and I were going to hit it up later, able to get something at least to survive the night.” Regan offered before shaking her head, as if to realign her focus. “I need to handle this though, Xander isn’t getting his fucking way anymore. NO ONE is Selena!”

Crap, now she’s rage-talking. Vengeance mode. Selena realized as her hand returned to grasping her sister’s arm. And while Selena couldn’t exactly blame her volatile hothead of a sister, she knew that marching into Xander’s or Infamous locker-room or starting another brawl with either was a recipe for trouble – the potential of risking their chances next week, which were stacked against them at best right now – was high. There’s a better way to get them back… she reasoned, knowing Regan would realize this too, if she hadn’t already. Take the title from Xander and eliminate Dark Fantasy before they can even step foot into the semi-finals.

“Please, don’t go.” Selena implored. “Let’s just clean up and get out of here.” Her eyes scanned the room. “I don’t want to be here anymore.”

Quietly, she watched Regan seethe for a few more breaths before the sandy-blonde’s shoulders lowered a little, the older woman giving a nod, allowing Selena to release her arm. Without a word, the two went back to cleaning up Xander’s mess, going through things that were not damaged. Selena had returned to the bathroom to grab as many paper towels as she could get from the dispenser, using them to wipe at the shampoo that was smeared across the changeroom walls. 

“Is that why you were so frantic looking for the makeup kit? There was something of value or personal?”

Turning her head, Selena, once more, regarded her sister, who was holding her own personally precious item, Selena’s eyes spying the wedding band in Regan’s hand, Selena thankful she had left hers in her nightstand on her limo bus.

“Yes-“ she answered after a moment. “There was, I found it.” She held up the paper that had remained in her free hand. 
Regan nodded and replied, “I found mine too.” 

Once more, they were silent for a moment, Selena taking the time to place the paper on the nearby warped table that was still somewhat bolted into the ground. That accomplished, she joined her sister in taking the time to return to a bit more of the task at hand. For the Snow Queen, she mentally cursed herself for taking on a task that required strong arm movement to clean the walls properly, specifically after a gruelling match against the Psychonaughts. Fortunately, Regan’s voice, once again, offered her a respite.

“Selena, I know that we are still on testy and shaky ground here because of the choices I have made and what I want to do in order to help out my mother….” She spoke slowly. “I should have told you sooner, and I know we talked things out, but you trust me, I trust you, should know everything going on with my life, which is why chances are, it isn’t going to happen and I will probably lose my mother.”

Selena’s eyes widened, her hand dropping the shampoo-soaked paper towel onto the floor. “What? How!? Why!?”

She didn’t give an answer right away, inadvertently allowing Selena’s mind to race with possibilities. Was there a new complication? Had they discovered an issue with the surgery? Could anything be done?!

Rather than answer any of those questions, Regan settled onto the floor, gathering up her curling iron, it, too, being an unfortunately victim of Xander’s rampage, and a quiet laugh escaped Regan before she tossed the item across the room into the pile of ‘broken items’ the ‘cleaning trio’ had made, which still included the pieces of camera and table. 

“Regan…” Selena begged, moving closer to her partner. “Talk to me, please!”

Her best friend gave a sigh before gazing back up at the standing woman. “I can’t force my mother to do the surgery.” She answered, her voice laced with sadness. “Only way I can is if I have the power of attorney and this is only when she is basically on death’s bed where it might be too late to even operate.” She heard a quiet sniff come from Regan, who merely swiped her nose with the back of her hand. “She refuses, Selena, and I want to grab her by the shoulders, shake her really hard, but will that even make a difference?”

She was quiet as she gazed back up at the platinum-blonde. Despite herself, Selena could not lie to her sister and quietly shook her head, which Regan accepted with a knowing nod. “No, it wouldn’t. I don’t want to sit around and watch my mother die. Then I look around here and I feel like we are always the victims…” Again, as Selena had done multiple times in the last several minutes, Regan gazed around the room, taking stock of not only the broken items/damage, but what it all represented. “Maybe I am sick and tired of this feeling, maybe I am sick and tired of letting people walk all over us thinking there are no repercussions because we are the ‘Good Guys’.” She let out a growl of frustration. “It sucks Selena, it fucking sucks….”

A sense of understanding radiated with Selena’s chest for her sister. She understood exactly where Regan was coming from – the desire to throw the rules out the window and wreak righteous havoc on those that, as Regan had put it, ‘walked all over them’ so damn compelling. Selena had walked that fine line before, both professionally and privately, her mind flying back to the memory of Queenie’s bloody face as the former ‘badass prison bitch Queen’ lying on the ground at Selena’s feet.

“No no!” she suddenly pressed, regaining Regan’s attention. This was not the time to think about vengeance or suddenly just becoming ‘bad guys’ cause it was easier. They would talk about that later. The focus needed to be on Giselle – who, Selena could understand – was being far more than stubborn. “Talk to your mother.” She ordered. “Do whatever you can to convince her. She has to do this Regan. She can’t be selfless and at the same time take away from you the relationship that has been built over the last few years.” 

Perhaps it partially, also, Selena’s own experience that had prompted this slight outburst. For the Snow Queen, a relationship with her mother had never been possible until just a few years ago, and even then, it was strained. All Selena had had was the abusive one of her her past with her stepmother, Anastasia DeCarlo. She knew Regan, and she knew herself in this regard. They had both been denied proper daughter-mother relationships in the past, and it was beyond vital that they do all they could to preserve this one for Regan. “She has to understand.” Selena whispered. “She needs to know this or the burden it carries, sister. Come on!”

“Don’t you think I know this?” Regan huffed, the two staring at one another. “I look around at this mess and it is basically what my brain looks like! We beat this asshole, he destroys our things, we then get attacked by opportunists?  It will never stop until…..”

Selena dropped down to sit in front of Regan, her hand shooting out to take hold of her hand. Again, the familiar sensation Regan was wanting to act upon. Selena recognized it. How many times had they been the target and couldn’t fight back in the past year? The attacks by Tommy Valentine and Kandis, Xander – the constant interferences. It wasn’t hard to see why. They all did it because they knew Regan and Selena wouldn’t sink to that level. Wouldn’t use such tactics as mind-games. The two of them were proud warriors, believing everything should be settled in the ring. But there was no denying that such a mentality was becoming exhausting.

“Until what, sister?” Selena asked, knowingly.
 “Do I have to say it?”
 The young Frost sighed, slowly shaking her head. “No, you do not.”

“Good…” Regan slowly nodded. “Then you know where I am coming from. I hate this, all of it and we need to win next week. We do not have a choice in the matter, Selena. Nothing can stop us, alright?”
A nod from Selena didn’t deter the Hellcat’s train of thoughts. “Nothing. I don’t care anymore about the rules, or what can happen to us! I’m on the verge of piledriving those cunts just to get what I want and see them hurt.” 

It was an extreme statement and one that Selena knew Regan could NOT be allowed to see it through. She had already been suspended for piledriving Mr. D. over two years ago! Another could very well mean a far worse punishment, but not only that – the incrementalism of it all… it would be a slippery slope! Justification one wrong would lead to another until… until she and Regan could, once more, be on the opposite sides of some war…

“My family, friends, I’m tired of seeing them get hurt and now this shit? And the gall to kick us while we are down? I can’t handle it anymore. We need to do something about it.” Regan settled on adding.

“We will, promise.” Selena pressed.
“Yeah, I have heard this one before.”

Okay, fuck this! Selena’s mind barked. Time for some tough love! In a flash, pale hands shot out to grasp Regan’s face, cupping the warm skin in her palms. 

“Regan Monica Street Helms!” she spat. “We WILL by beating them and advancing to the finals, are we clear?” 

Regan’s eyes grew wide – who could blame her? Not only had Selena become rather aggressive in the moment – she had used Regan’s FULL NAME! It was on now!

“Selena….” The Hellcat whispered but Selena was quick to intercept.
 “REGAN!” she repeated. “Are we clear!?”

It was a bit nastier than Selena intended, but seeing her sister nod an affirmative made it clear that they were crystal clear. Slowly, Selena released Regan’s face, allowing the Hellcat to lie on her back and stare up at the ceiling, which the platinum-blonde joined her in on.

“How the fuck did we get ourselves into this?”
Good question. Selena thought, though she answered with a simple shrug. “We are too good, I am guessing.”

“They completely hate us when we can be so lovable, right?”

Selena had to laugh at that. Yes, her sister-in-arms was ‘lovable’, but it was not always a side SCW or its Universe often saw. Regan was a bad-girl, kicking ass and taking names. Still, it was good for her to also hear Regan laugh along side her just as they heard David Helms re-enter the changeroom, Selena lifting her head to regard him.

He probably things we’re out of out goddamn minds. Selena smiled, and with them fighting Xander Valentine, Cookies and Dreams, and now, Dark Fantasy, in a row – each match with their future as a tag-team put on the line in some way, maybe they were.

“Uh…. You gals alright?” the true world champion asked, and neither girl could help it. His expression was so priceless that it made them laugh even more, Selena even kicking her feet a little as her breath started to hitch.

“Yeah, we’re fine, sweetie.” Regan replied, pulling herself up to her feet and offering Selena her hand to help the Snow Queen up to hers. Another half hour was spent by the three cleaning what they could of the mess – the nail polish being the hardest, probably because neither Regan or Selena had enough nail-polish remover to take away that much nail polish from the walls. Still, the arena staff soon came in to dismiss, taking over from there, allowing the three to depart with whatever ‘functional’ items remained of their personal effects.

A quiet farewell between sisters – a hug, cheek kiss, and a promise to call in the morning – and Regan and David were on their way to their hotel while Selena entered her limo bus, taking a long, needed, cold shower to wash away the grime and aches of her tag match, but also the various chemicals she had washed out of parts of the changeroom as the bus drove forward, getting a head start Ann Arbor for tomorrow’s house show.

How long she soaked in that shower, Selena wasn’t sure. It was all a blur – drying off with a towel, changing into her royal-purple, shimmer-silk night gown, bidding Eric, her driver and friend, a good night, and disappearing back into her room to lay on her bed, breathing softly to let the last lingering aches and pains ease into relaxation.

Through her window, the lights of the highway traffic lightly spilled past the shades, illuminating the room only a marginal amount (not enough to disturb sleep, thankfully). Using this light, Selena turned over on her side and reached over to her nearby nightstand, where she had placed the folded paper she had tried so dearly to protect.

The one Deanna had given her.

I thought maybe you could do this…

Carefully, like every time before, Selena unfolded the paper. The snowflake drawing bloomed in front of her eyes, causing her heart to skip a beat once again.

I drew it… the memory of Deanna’s words resonated in Selena’s mind as she took in the features. It was full, unique snowflake. Some of its features were sharp, like the points, while some were soft and round, like the center curves. Remember what you taught our children? came Deanna’s voice again… Every snowflake is unique. No two are ever alike… I think… I think that’s so much you – because there’s only one snowflake in this world for me. Only one Selena Frost…

Again, Selena had to wipe a stray tear from her eyes with her free hand as she refolded the paper and tucked it away into her nightstand drawer. 

“I’m not sure what ‘Selena Frost’ I’ll be.” She whispered to the drawing and to herself before turning to go to sleep. “But I promise you… no matter what happens… I am going to try and find out.”

The Royal Letter

The camera opens up to the interior of Selena’s limo bus – the “We Believe” bus. The shades are drawn over the windows to avoid any outside distractions. Sitting within the shot is Selena Frost, dressed in black leggings, and a light green shirt, her hair in its iconic ponytail.

Hello, everyone. she smiles. I’m sure you were expecting to see me in an empty arena under white and blue lights. Maybe pacing in the ring, chomping at the bit for the match to come?

She nodded her head knowingly. And in many cases I still am. I know Regan sure as hell is. There is no ‘lack of history’ between her, me and the last stop on our booked ‘Tag League’.

Yes…
she seems to look away for a moment, as if in deeper thought. What began in late September, the choosing of tag-teams, both new and already fully established, is reaching it’s final night before the semi-finals and the finals. And I have to believe there will be a semi-final because the Psychonaughts and Frozen Hell deserve a proper second match against each other. One that is free of interference… but wait, I’ll get to that. her vow is sharp, the events of last Breakdown still clearly on her mind.

First, I want to ask the SCW Universe something. Whether this is final night of Frozen Hell’s journey into the tournament or us achieving the near-impossible and, after being knocked to the bottom and told we were ‘done’ from the tournament after losing the tag titles to Suited and Booted, making it into the semi-finals - Regan and I have had one goal throughout this entire tournament: Representing this tag-team division proudly. 

When it comes to tournaments, everyone knows I’ve had my share. Shot of Adrenaline, Best of the Best, Trios, the United States Championship Tournament last June/July, God of Wrestling – I’ve competed in so many and won quite a few as well. To me, tournaments will always be something I love. And to me, they’re meant, not only to show who was the best of a certain criteria, but also to showcase something, whether it was a company or a certain division.

For this Tag League, from the get go, Regan and I knew that this was about so much more than just ‘defending the tag titles at every match’ or ‘beating every team in SCW’. Sasha made this league, this tournament, to give the tag division the attention it had sorely been lacking. To highlight and create buzz around it.

Selena shifts a bit, swinging her leg off the one it had been resting on to lean forward, flat-footed and gaze at the camera. So… I have to ask before I get too carried away with this: Did we succeed? 

Did we all, as tag teams of SCW, showcase the division? Is the tag division, itself, better off now because of our efforts?

I’m… not sure. Part of me has been…
The Snow Queen bites her lower lip, a half-smile breaking through her features. So honored to share the ring with former teams and newly formed teams. Despite the controversy, Regan and I meant every word when we said that facing the Psychonaughts was a highlight for us. It was a match that we, like they did, had circled multiple times on our calendar, especially after watching them grow and develop as a tag-team.

But then…

The smile slowly disappears and the weariness can be seen etched into Selena’s fair features.

But then I have to look back at everything else, too. The injuries that took out tag-teams or forced replacements. The tag-teams that quit when they started to fall behind in points or just didn’t care to participate. The tag-teams that decided to become ‘spoilers’ when they couldn’t be ‘winners’. 

Quitting, Injuring, Spoiling…
Pale hands tighten into fists. Was that what we showcased in this thing, guys? Was that what we, as tag-team wrestlers, showed to the world? That SCW tag-team wrestling could not exist without some form of controversy? That people could not define themselves as ‘the best’ without some kind of ‘tainted wins’? That ‘surrendering’ is an option when you ‘just don’t want to wrestle’?

A shaky breath escapes the pale lips of “The Face of SCW”, her tone growing harsher.

It makes me sick to my stomach that I have to ask that. Makes me sick to my stomach that we have to consider that. Because then what’s the point of calling ourselves ‘Supreme Championship Wrestling’? What’s the point of bragging at the beginning of every show and every pay-per-view to be ‘the leading force in sports entertainment’ if, in reality, we’re just taking shortcuts and cheating the SCW Universe – our fans, our lifeblood – of the quality wrestling that they came to see and believe in from us? From SCW?

Determined, Selena shakes her head, her braid swishing a little as she does. No…I refuse to let that happen. Not to them and not to a division I spent a year trying to represent. Yes, I’ll admit upfront, that I rejoined the division after six years of being away from it for my sister, Regan. She had a dream and I wanted to help her achieve it. Call me a ‘gold-monger’ or ‘title-whore’ or whatever, I don’t care. Won’t be the first or the last – and I’ve been called much worse. But it was about my sister to me. About achieving dreams. But fighting the wars we did, surviving everything to cap it off not only at Rise to Greatness but at the End of the Year as the Tag-team of the year?

There’s a slight pause, as if Selena, for a moment, is unable to find the words she needs.
I… I don’t want it end in controversy. I don’t want our story in this tournament to end in controversy. I want to end as it began. Two women, believing they could achieve something everyone thought was impossible and fighting with all they had to make it a reality. Which is a lot to ask for when dealing with the final opponents in Frozen Hell’s journey.

Let me make this clear: When Regan and I began our trek through the tag-teams in our bracket, while the world, and us, were looking forward to facing the Psychonaughts… this – the final match – was the one we knew would be our hardest. This, whether it was a clean sweep or simply to stay alive in the tournament, would be the match we would have to leave everything in the ring, make no excuses, and be on our A game for every second of it.

And believe me, Syren and Ravyn, that isn’t a compliment to either of you.

Selena’s jaw clenches and her stare grows colder. That’s me being a realist. Because let’s face it, Ravyn, while you failed at your little attack last Breakdown with Christy Matthews, you just reminded Regan and I what we are in for. That this isn’t really Frozen Hell vs. Dark Fantasy, is it?

It’s Frozen Hell vs Dark Fantasy, Christy Matthews, CHBK, Alexander Crowe, maybe Holly Addams and whoever else you can dig up. Because, while you two are certainly in the history books of both singles and tag-team wrestling, that’s what’s it come down to in terms of ‘strategy’, hasn’t it? Ravyn does the dirty work? The cohorts swoop in and Syren picks the bones and takes the glory. Or did I miss that when you made James Evans run that gauntlet? Or ambushed him, gang style, last Breakdown? Let’s face it, girls, you’re dealing with someone that has been the target of several of your ‘games’ for years. Just ask Christy Matthews. I can’t remember the last time she and I wrestled a match in which she DIDN’T rely on cheating to win.

But oh, I’m afraid of you, Ravyn? Is that your logic? Sure it isn’t the other way around?
Selena feigns ‘fear’ by lifting her hands before lowering them back down, her serious tone set back in place.

Let me address this, Ravyn, between you and me once and for all… 

2016. Under Attack. Selena Frost vs. Ravyn Taylor. I was coming off hot from winning two tournaments – Shot of Adrenaline, and Best of the Best (where I beat you in the finals if you remember), not to mention moving my way up through the ranks by defeating such incredible future Hall of famers like Kennedy Street and Kelcey Wallace. I was ready to face you, but I wanted there to be utmost clarity between us. So I approached you and made it clear. “No mind games. We fight? It’s about talent. It’s about the challenge.” I came to you as a professional out of respect for what you had done for this business, as one woman to another. And you agreed to what I was saying.

How did that go, Ravyn? Hmmm? How did our match go?
Sapphire eyes narrow knowingly.

Well, it went fine until my strategy started to unfold and I began targeting your arm. Then, all of a sudden, you go and get yourself intentionally disqualified. You put me in a chokehold and refuse to break it when I grabbed the ropes. 

And ever since then, you’ve declared that I’ve been ‘running from you’. ‘Afraid to face you’.

The Snow Queen crossed her arms over her chest, leaning against the couch she occupies.
Answer me this, Ravyn: Why would I be afraid of you? Because you cowardly gave up when you realized you were getting closer and closer to defeat? Because you lied to my face and thought you’d make me your latest ‘toy’ in your mind games? Because I’ve beaten you more times than I have ANY other superstar in my entire SCW career?!

No, Ravyn. SCW made the same decision that I did. I had already beat you clean at Best of the Best, and if you were just going to throw your chance away to amend that because you were too scared to see our match through to its true end, neither SCW or I were going to waste our time giving you another one. There were so many other wrestlers that were itching to fight me and end my hot-streak – RESPECTFULLY - and I was eager to fight them.

Selena’s shoulders shrug simply. There you have it, Ravyn. Bree Lancaster can’t admit she ‘lost fairly’ to me. Sienna Swann needs her win over me to cement her ‘Ironwoman’ status. And you, the longest delusion of all, can’t admit that, on that night, you couldn’t beat me.

Truth be told, I’m sick of it, Ravyn.
she shakes her head. Much like Bree’s and Sienna’s nonsense, I am sick of hearing yours. I am sick of this four-year delusion that you need to tell yourself for your own damn ego, because that’s all it truly is. You can’t stand how many times I’ve beaten you and how you couldn’t beat me. Hell, let’s go further. That’s all you being in this tag league really is, isn’t it? Yours and Syren’s damaged egos.

Again, Selena leans forward, elbows on her knees. I’ll admit, there was a time that Dark Fantasy – you and Syren – were easily the best team in SCW. The greatest tag-team in SCW. Long reigns, multiple reigns, defeating all challengers. You deserve your Hall of Fame rings based on that aspect of your careers alone. Even to this day, to face Dark Fantasy and win? It means something. Ask Jordan and Cookie. It’s something you can hang your hat on as a tag-team based upon your history. Your experience puts that of Frozen Hell to shame – making us the rookies in this division…

But I look at the two of you, Syren and Ravyn, and I don’t see that tag-team anymore. Know why?

Because no one has seen that tag-team, truly, in several years. You both decided to pursue singles gold. Singles competition. Now, I can’t begrudge you that – I’ve done the same thing. And, as singles wrestlers, you both amassed a legacy of titles that can compete with Regan’s and mine easily. But then, you get pulled back to this tournament and gone is the hard-working “something to prove” tag-team that won the tag-team titles in 2010 and held them for the better part of three years.

And in their place?
her gaze is accusatory. You have Syren the squawker and Ravyn the schemer. Syren the “give me everything I want without me having to earn it” and Ravyn “whatever it takes to win”. 

You have Dark Fantasy – believing they are still owed the title of ‘greatest tag-team in SCW’ by default and not by earning it. You have Dark Fantasy – believing that by ambushing and screwing over tag-teams with interference and paid off officials and manipulating members of the Board of Directors, that that makes their victories and status ‘legitimate’.

A pale jaw clenches. In short, ladies, Dark Fantasy while Regan and I, along with the Psychonaughts and so many other tag-teams, have done our best to make the tag-division what this tournament intended it to be – Dark Fantasy has become part of the damn problem of being everything wrong with it! 

That’s why you tried to interfere in our match against the Psychonaughts, wasn’t it?

A huff of a laugh escapes Selena. Without Regan and I winning, not only would you have been eliminated from the tournament, but all that BS Syren’s been squawking with CHBK about being ‘the best tag-team’ and ‘not having to work for anything because you’re ‘that’ good’ would be utterly silenced! You needed us to win to keep your two delusions alive.

So, another Ravyn plan was hatched. And, like in 2016 and so many other times, Ravyn and Infamous chose the controversial action.

Selena slowly shakes her head. Regan and I are done dealing with that in this tournament. And this isn’t me speaking on her behalf, okay? I’m speaking from my own heart here when I say this, so listen up!

I, Selena Frost, would rather tie you, Ravyn and Syren, in this match than let you continue cheating tag-teams out of a division you left long ago. I rather see Regan and I be eliminated tonight in a tie and see the Psychonaughts go straight to the finals and represent this division we’ve come to love with integrity then see your same act of BS to save your fragile egos! You hear me?!

Selena lets her shout settle before settling back a little. But that’s not going to happen tonight.

No…tonight, Ravyn, you’re going to see me running, alright, but it won’t be away from you. It will be towards you. It will be me rushing towards you over and over again. Attacking you over and over again. Taking you down over and over again – all with zero fear and zero hesitation.

Because this beating – along with the elimination of Dark Fantasy from this Tag League – has been long overdue. And whether it’s just the two of you, or you sick all of Infamous on us, Frozen Hell will NOT fall tonight. We will defy your ‘entitlement’ and claim to the ‘tournament crown’. We will defy your ‘crafty plans’ and ‘underhanded tactics’ and remind you what true tag-team wrestling – the kind you abandoned long ago – truly is.

Rolling her shoulders, Selena also fixes her braid with one hand.

This division no longer needs Dark Fantasy in it, ladies. It hasn’t for a very long time. Tonight, Regan and I will prove that and move onto the semi-finals. And Syren – and especially Ravyn – I’m afraid that is something you’re just going to have to live with.

Believe it, ladies. And welcome to 2021.

The camera fades on the Snow Queen, eventually going to black before showing the ‘SCW’ graphic to finish.
[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
4x SCW World Tag-Team Champion
2x SCW United States Champion
3x SCW Adrenaline Champion
SCW Television Champion
Longest Reigning SCW World Champion (234 days)
Winner of Shot of Adrenaline Tournament (2016)
Winner of Best of the Best Tournament (2016)
Winner of Trios Tournament (2018)
Winner of U.S. Championship Tournament (2020)
Winner of World Championship Tournament (2023)
Winner of Tactical Warfare (2014, 2019)
Winner of Elimination Chamber (2015)
Winner of Roofed Cage Match (2019)
Winner of Last Person Standing Match (2019)
The Unbelievable Main Event (2021-2023)
Winner of Double Jeopardy Match (2022)
Winner of EOTY Invitational (2023)
Female Wrestler of the Year (2016, 2021, 2022)
Tag-Team of the Year (2020 - w/ Regan Street)
Match of the Year (2018, 2019, 2021, 2023)
Feud of the Year (2014, 2019)

[Image: 34zetxl.png]
The Views Expressed by “The Hellcat” Regan Street Are That of Her Own and Do Not Reflect Those of the Publisher. Viewer Discretion Is Advised.

[Image: regan2020rp.png]

(Click Title)

[Image: regan2018.png]

Achievements:

- SCW Supreme Champion
- 2x SCW World Champion
- 1x SCW United States Champion
- 1x SCW World Tag Team Champion
- 1x SCW Adrenaline Champion
- 1x SCW Women's Champion
- 1x SCW Television Champion
- 2012 SCW Rookie of the Year
- 2016 Feud of the Year Winner Vs. Ace Marshall
- 2019 SCW Trios Contract Winner
- 2020 Tag Team of The Year (Frozen Hell)

Singles Record - | W - 099| L - 13 | D - 06|
Overall Record - | W - 133| L - 29 | D - 08|