Selena Frost & Glory Braddock vs. The Psychonauts
Tag League Semi-Finals & Finals

4 RP Limit for tag

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, February 10, 2021
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
OOC: One of Two. Takes places where indicated.

The Dark Side of the Sun

”Ripped Apart”

Parking Lot Space outside Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center
Denver, Colorado
February 2nd, 2021
2:33am

Her eyes felt heavy, causing her to press a pale palm of her free hand into them to try and rub some alertness into them. Taking a deep breath to fill her lungs, the young woman further tried marching up and down the length of the limo-bus. When that did nothing to ease the tiredness that filled her body, she reached into the cupboards and freezer, unlocking both to seize the items she needed, which forced her to place the item she had been carrying in her hand on the counter with a soft ‘clank’. Busy hands worked away, taking ice cubes, filling a large glass with them and adding vanilla-flavoured liquid sugar, a bit of cream, and cold coffee from the “coffee-dispenser” that was secured beside the fridge. Carefully, she drank the ice-coffee, wincing a little as she tasted the slight bitterness from the concoction, which was quickly washed away with the softness of the cream and sugar.

Selena didn’t want to sleep. Well, that wasn’t entirely accurate. Her body did want to sleep. She wanted to sleep… but her mind knew better. The second she closed her eyes, she would see the same scene over and over again.

A scene where her sister – her best friend in the world – lay on the ground, a crumpled mess, a hulking monster with demonic red eyes standing over her and laughing. And her, chained to something she couldn’t see, yelling and screaming and fighting against her chains but unable to escape her captivity.

Every time she had experienced this nightmare, she had tried a different tactic. Brute strength to break her chains, picking at the locks with whatever she could find, even trying to gnaw off her hands and feet to crawl towards her darling sister. She always failed to break free. Always failed to save her….

With a long sigh, Selena continued to sip at her cold coffee, feeling some of the ice cubes press against her pale lips. She would chew on those when her drink was gone. With her hand free again, she reached back to the counter to cradle the cellphone she had placed there pack into her hand. Her eyes were back on it’s sapphire-blue covering, the same thoughts in her head as had been for over a week…

Presbyterian St. Luke’s Medical Center
Denver Colorado
January 24th, 2021
11:34pm

“Regan, no!” Selena cry came from under her breath as she shot up, her sapphire eyes wild as she scanned the room, unable to take in many of the details right away, only checking to see a ) where she was and b ) if there was a red-eyed monster in the room.

Her senses returned to her slowly. First, she felt her heart hammering inside her chest, causing her to press a hand against it, feeling it beat under the thin fabric of her white, long-sleeved shirt. She heard the mechanical clocks on the wall ticking, and the beeps of monitors, sharp and, yet, not overbearing as they performed their task beside the beds of the patients. Her body felt stiff in some places, no doubt due to her falling asleep in such an awkward position as sitting in a chair, leaning over a bed…

The last thing the young woman became aware of was the woman laying in bed asleep and the crusty sensation at the corners of her own eyes. With her hand, Selena reached up to swipe at the corners of her eyes with a thumb. It wasn’t ‘sleep dust’ – a quick glance at the clock on the wall indicated that she had only been asleep for twenty or so minutes. No, what she felt at the corners of her eyes was tear-trails, dried salt from the tears she had cried before she had, quite literally, cried herself to sleep – temporary as that sleep was.

“You’re so emotional and weak.” She chastised herself under her breath, swiping a bit more furiously under her eyes as she, once more, beheld the patient asleep in the bed.

Her sister, Regan.

From where she lay and where Selena sat beside the bed, the fierce Hellcat looked peaceful. Relaxed and at ease. What’s more, there was no bruising or dried blood or cuts or anything on her that could be seen. Nothing that indicated the war she had gone through with Xander Valentine.

That didn’t surprise the Snow Queen. When she had fought Xander on her own last time, she, along with the Executioner, had been busted open, bleeding heavily. They had both been bruised and she the loser of that match, beaten to the point that stunned the SCW Universe. And though she had regained her honour and pride at the End of the Year Special, it was a beating she was not going to forget again.

But that hadn’t been Regan. No, Regan was so much stronger and fiercer than she was, Selena knew. Regan had been firing on all cylinders from the second the match had started – Selena backstage, having promised her sister not to interfere – the Hellcat launching into a rampage that Xander had difficulty keeping up with. It was so much different than Selena’s battle with Xander. Selena had wanted to beat Xander as a wrestler, beat him down and humble him like she had at Rise to Greatness and in their Last Person Standing Match years ago. This? This had been a fight. Like two predators fighting for territory and their lives and, Selena could not lie, she had felt enraptured and elated seeing her sister beat down that monster that had taken the United States Championship from her.

But then, she had blinked and suddenly, Regan was on the ground outside the ring, in a crumpled heap. Selena lifted her head a little to gaze at the closed eyes of her sister. It had seemed impossible, at first. Maybe some cheap shot Xander threw to knock her down for a second. One that Regan, the baddest bitch in SCW, would shrug off. The next few seconds, however: Regan pointing to her legs, the dreaded ‘x’ sign by the official – it was all Selena needed to be sprinting through the backstage halls and out towards the ring.

The rest had been a blur – a concoction of adrenaline, rage at Xander, hatred at the gods for this…

It had all lead to this, Regan in bed, Selena sitting beside her, holding her hand, Mikalea probably still off filling out the paperwork for Regan…

“I’m sorry…” Selena whispered, leaning her head down to gently kiss the hand of Regan’s that she had clasped in hers.

This wasn’t fair! This was beyond unfair! Regan was already on borrowed time! She was supposed to have surgery to save her mother, Giselle. THAT was what she and Selena had agreed upon would possibly be the end of Regan’s career and their time together as a tag-team. Not now! Not when they were so close to becoming tag-team champions again! Not when they still had so much to prove and do together! How was this fair?! Hadn’t they both suffered enough?!

Despite herself, Selena felt fresh tears in her eyes threaten to fall. She had abandoned any rational thought or irrational thoughts of revenge. She didn’t want to think about Xander or the hatred for him over what he had done. She didn’t buy his little ‘unintentional’ act. Please, that bastard had been humiliated by Selena and Regan in that handicap match last month. He had bit off more than he could chew and had been beaten down by two World-Class level wrestlers. And just like when Selena had knocked him out in the shortest RTG match in history – she was sure – Xander had lashed out.

For her, it was attacking innocent fans. For Regan? It was this. All because of his damned ego.

Selena banished all thoughts of wrestling from her mind. She didn’t care about that now. Didn’t care about the Tag League or the Tag Titles or anything except for her sister-

“Hey…”

The voice came in weakly, as if just waking up, causing Selena to lift her head and turn it towards the patient on the bed. Regan merely lay there, patiently waiting for Selena’s gaze to meet hers. “How do I look?” she teased. Regan had fallen asleep for a bit as soon as the painkiller had taken affect, pumping into her arm via IV. To answer her questions, the platinum-blonde could only shake her head.

“You should see the other guy.” She offered as best as she could.

The reminder of there being ‘another guy’ in this whole equation caused a long sigh to escape Regan’s lips. “Doubt he’s going to let this go quietly.”

“Don’t think about him.” Selena quietly ordered, her voice a slight growl. “Don’t even give him the satisfaction of a thought. You had him beaten up and down and he got desperate, just like last time.”
“Except it worked this time.” Regan sighed.

The Hellcat seemed to take in her surroundings a bit more, now that she was more awake from her nap. “How long was I asleep?”

“An hour maybe.” Selena replied. “They put you on painkillers en route and you just conked out after that.”
“No wonder I don’t feel sore.” Regan huffed. “Or…anything…”

There was a moment of silence, dread-filled to both women of Frozen Hell, as Regan seemed to focus on something at the foot of her bed. Her brow was furrowed, in deep concentration and her whole body grew rigid after a few seconds, as if she was trying to will something using only her mind.

“What is it?” Selena asked but stopped when Regan released a gasp/huff compound breath of frustration before realization seemed to form within the green eyes of the former World Champion.

“Selena…” she whispered, biting her lower lip. “I can’t move my legs…”

Before her, Selena could see a glimmer of the armor cracking a little, the guard slipping, from the Hellcat, revealing the very real woman underneath. It was different than when Regan willingly lowered her guard – such as when they were away from work and spending time together, either with one another or with each other’s family – Selena could remember how Regan would truly smile when she was spending time with her eldest daughter, Elsianna, Regan being god-mother and all. But to have that armor, that wall, cracked or brought down through force of fate or circumstances…

It was something that Selena had only seen a handful of times. Something strong enough to fracture Regan’s resolve, her determination, her passion for life and work…

“Hunny….” Selena tried, reaching up to gently swipe the tears from Regan’s eyes. “Everything is okay…” she assured. “The doctor took a cursory glance, remember? He doesn’t think it’s permanent…”

“But what if it is?” Regan asked, eyes wide in worry, instantly, a slew of question rambled out. “What if I can’t walk again? What if I can’t really play with my kids – your kids? What about David? And Jennifer and-“

Pale fingers pressed against Regan’s lips, effectively quieting her. It was all Selena could think of doing in that moment, trying to keep her sister-in-arms from spiraling into a full-on panic mode.

“Regan…” she whispered. “You trust me, right?”
Slowly, taking a few breaths, Regan nodded her head.

“Then trust me.” Selena whispered. “You’re going to be okay. It will just take some time…”

Slowly, the Snow Queen took a deep breath before shuffling closer to the head of the bed where Regan’s head was.

“A couple of years ago…” she began. “When I was competing in the Shot of Adrenaline Tournament, I was facing Angelica Jones. Do you remember her?” a nod from Regan allowed the sapphire-eyed woman to continue. “She targeted my back the whole match, locked me in one of her best submission holds and then, when it was over – and I was backstage, she attacked me with a chair – same place.” Selena’s next breath was more of a shudder as she recalled one of the most horrific moments of her life. “I couldn’t move my legs.”

Regan’s eyes widened at that, surprise etched into the green orbs. This was a story Selena had never shared with her sister. It was during the time where Selena had been haunted by Dawn Lohan, which was a time the Snow Queen had wanted to forget and move on from.

“I was taken to the hospital and… I can’t tell you how afraid I was.” Selena sighed. “At the time, I hadn’t really known Deanna yet or found my daughter, but I had started actually liking being alive and being a wrestler. Having something to live for. To find out that that could all be taken from me… that I would be fired for being paralyzed and then forced to go back to Nome – back to that nightmare…” Selena didn’t need to elaborate on that particular part to Regan, the Hellcat knowing more than enough about Selena’s past in the cold town that had nicknamed her “The Crazy Miner’s Daughter”.

“I had to look at things logically.” Selena continued. “View the reality of what had happened and how things were around me.” Quietly, she tucked a stray lock of hair behind Regan’s ear. “I had to view the best and the worst case scenarios. Best case: I would be fine. Worse case:…” she shrugged. “You know.”

Regan nodded.

“Best case: everything is fine.” Selena stated. “And I know it will be. But let’s say worse case: it isn’t. Do you think that will change things? Do you think it will stop you?”

Regan’s eyes widened a little.

“You have not let a single thing beat you in your entire life.” Selena whispered, squeezing Regan’s hand in her own. “This is no exception. You’ll take this and come out of it better than ever!”

The two were silent for a moment, both choosing to let Selena’s words settle. This wasn’t the time to talk about Selena or what she would do without Regan – though that unknown and fear of it was gripping every part of her insides, tearing at them emotionally like jagged claws.

Her story – her match with Angelica Jones and the attacks following it – Selena knew she had been fortunate to walk away from it, eventually. Still, swollen muscles pressing on the spine and removing movement for a time was not the same as the bad fall Regan had suffered, but that wasn’t what her sister needed to hear. She needed to know she was not alone – like Selena had been. At the time, all Selena had wanted was someone to be there with her, to look after her, not leave her alone in some cold hospital room. She refused to have Regan go through something like that.

The slight cough that filled the room wasn’t hers or Regan’s and, gaining their attention as Selena moved her head to gaze at the door. There, still in his wrestling pants with a shirt and coat thrown over his torso, stood David Helms.

“How is she?” were the first words out his mouth, his handsome gaze never leaving his wife.
“She’s okay.” Selena stated. “A little spooked but… nothing scares her for long, right, Regan?” she offered her sister a warm smile, running her thumb across the sandy-blonde woman’s knuckles.

“How’d it all go?” Regan asked, focusing on work to distract her mind from the current predicament.
“It went fine.” David replied with a shrug. “Nothing I couldn’t handle.”

For a moment, the veteran’s eyes jumped from Regan to Selena, a flicker of a moment, but it was enough for a sign for the Snow Queen. “I think….” She voice trailed. “I think I’ll go make sure Mikalea knows what room we’re in.” she settled on stating, pushing herself out of the chair, her eyes back on Regan. “I’ll be back shortly, okay?”

Earning a nod from her sister, and perhaps it was also the night’s events finally catching up with her, Selena allowed a grateful sigh to escape her as she leaned down, pressing soft, pale lips to Regan’s forehead, her one hand squeezing Regan’s affectionately.

“Hey sis…” Regan’s voice had a slight giggle. “I can feel that.”

Selena joined in the little laugh before stepping away from her sister, which was harder than she thought it would be, even with David in the room. Turning her back to Regan, her gaze met Helms’. Silently, through her gaze and eyebrow moments, she asked the question she knew David couldn’t answer aloud. To her surprise, not only did the intelligent man understand her, he offered her a small, almost imperceptible shake of his head, which confirmed what she had suspected.

Bree Lancaster was still the World Champion. Scratch that. Bree Lancaster was the ONLY World Champion in SCW.

Gently, Selena placed a hand on David’s shoulder, giving the now former World Champion a comforting squeeze, her silent way of telling him “it all would work out”. Something she knew he agreed with.

Xander didn’t matter.
Bree didn’t matter.

In that moment, it was about family – and that meant the Helms and the Frost family – being there for Regan.

With one last glance at her sister and giving her a smile, Selena took a deep breath and pushed herself out of the room, allowing David to walk further in. Alone in the hall, Selena simply stood against the wall, her eyes cast up at the ceiling, taking in the dry wall pieces and the plastic light coverings. She barely heard the odd sounds here and there that filled the hospital, her main focus being on her rampage of thoughts.

Her and Mikalea had already begun making plans before arriving at the hospital. Selena had texted Eric to park the limo-bus in the nearby 24-hour parking lot, where Selena would be living out till she had to leave for Breakdown, which was still ten or so days away. Quietly, for the umpteenth time, she was grateful that next Breakdown was only eight or nine hours of travel from Denver in Kansas City. She had offered the guest space of the couch to Mikalea but the young manager, ever planning ahead, was just going to use the hotel room she had rented on a more extended stay. David, as Regan’s husband, would be staying in the hospital as the one guest that could stay overnight – though Selena had offered her bus’ finer amenities to him should he need it.

As family, they had come together and acted quickly for Regan’s sake, removing as many elements/factors as possible in as little time as possible.

Which was why, despite her prompting not to think about work – not to think about SCW – it still managed to creep into her brain all the same. With an irritated huff, Selena pushed herself off the wall, stuffing her hands into her jean-pockets as she began to walk the halls quietly.

She wasn’t even going to entertain options. If things were still rough, as the doctor was guessing without the use of x-rays, then she and Regan were out of the Tag League. In truth, Selena wanted to be. She had entered into the Tag Division to help Regan become tag-team champion. To team up with her sister and become tag-team champions had been the dream. And entering the league with Regan, overcoming odds – it all had been meant to be with Regan.

Without her… without the Hellcat… what was the point?

That was something so many people in the SCW locker-room couldn’t comprehend. It wasn’t about the tag-titles to Selena. It never had been. It had been about sisterhood – it had been about teaming with Regan to prove something – to achieve a dream as a family.

Except now, Selena had no idea where that left her and now, alone in the halls, without Regan being right there in front of her, her mind began to wonder. Would Jordan and Cookie – the Psychonaughts – understand the situation? They weren’t like Bree – Selena didn’t give a damn about what that woman thought about her. They wanted to earn their way to the finals like Selena and Regan had wanted to. They had wanted to earn every inch and every opportunity that came their way, where Bree would just take the handout and claim it was all her.

No. Selena could not imagine that Jordan and Cookie would take the news of Frozen Hell dropping out of the Tag League well, but what other choice did they have? Selena wasn’t going to endanger Regan and she wasn’t going to simply replace her – she refused to do that! No one could replace her sister! Not a soul alive.

So now what? the question came back into her mind as she turned the corner, passing other various doors and windows in the hospital as she walked in a basic circuit pattern. In truth, she wasn’t sure. She had been a tag-team wrestler, mostly, for the past year-plus. Even her stint as United States champion had been overshadowed by that fact. And while the most basic answer would be for her to go back to being a singles wrestler, that didn’t really help her in terms of ‘direction’.

She didn’t really have much left of a ‘to-do’ list like Regan had. She was already a Supreme Champion. She was not in line for any titles as far as she knew, and it wasn’t like anyone was itching to fight her as a singles competitor. Nothing, aside from the tradition Rise to Greatness goal was on her mind (and that was months and months away).

Without thinking, Selena dragged her hand against the cold, white-painted brick wall she walked beside. Perhaps that was for the best. That she have zero expectations. Zero goals, least fate smile on her and Regan recovered quickly, allowing Frozen Hell to reunite and work to regain the tag-team titles-

“Yeah right…” Selena whispered in defeat. As if fate has ever been kind to me-

“Selena?”

The voice sounded familiar but the Snow Queen couldn’t put a finger on it – it wasn’t one she heard that often. But it had said her name and it was coming from behind her. Turning around, she was surprised to see the woman standing before her.

“I thought that was you.” Glory Braddock offered, making the few steps needed to reach the woman. “Are you here for Regan?”

“Uh…yeah.” Selena replied, quickly overcoming her surprise at seeing the former Adrenaline champion there in front of her. “What are you doing here?” She asked. “I mean…” she tried to correct herself, not wanting to sound rude. “You just didn’t look hurt – I mean… you didn’t look injured.” She stopped her rambling, before she made a bigger fool of herself. “Sorry.” Was the last word she offered.

“It’s okay.” Glory smiled. “First…can I ask how Regan is?” she was hesitant in her question, as if she understood if Selena barked at her for not minding her own business. Instead, the Snow Queen sighed and shook her head.

“She’s okay.” Were the first words. “Doctor wants to do X-rays. She was a little spooked, but wouldn’t you be?”
“Yeah.” Glory nodded her head, the long hair she had, though not as long as Selena’s, tied in a neat ponytail. “Is she…”

Selena shook her head. “Not permanently.” She answered knowingly. “Least we don’t think so. At worse, doc says she might need surgery.”
“Surgery?!”

Selena was surprised at the level of concern coming from the British Bombshell. Not that Glory was a bad person. Far from it! In the last few months, Selena had quietly noticed how much Glory, deep down, truly cared for the business that was SCW – and for wrestling in general. Her exit from the arrogant, egotistical “Best in the World so all is mine” had been a relief and she had, as far as Selena had been concerned as an audience member, defended the Adrenaline title proudly.

“I’m sorry.” Glory offered. “Just…you’ve been in wrestling long enough and the word ‘surgery’ is kind of a scary thing. Usually means-“ her voice trailed off as she gazed at Selena, seeing the sad expression – the expression of quiet acceptance etched into the features of the Snow Queen. “Oh no….”

“It’s okay.” Selena smiled sadly. “Regan and I knew we were on borrowed time.”

Glory opened her mouth to speak but slowly closed it. There were no true words that could benefit either of them. Nothing she could say or offer would either fix the situation or not come across as her being opportunistic to take Regan’s place.

Seeing the turmoil of not knowing what to say on Glory’s features, Selena quickly offered her an out by changing the subject. “You said you’d tell me what you were doing here?”

“Yeah.” Glory laughed, relieved at the change of topic. “I am forcing Kim to see a doctor.”
“Kim?” it was Selena’s turn to be surprised. “I thought she was in jail.”
“Yeah.” Huffed Glory, clearly annoyed at the relative that was fond of staplers. “I paid her bail and dragged her here to at least be checked out.”

“Oh…okay.” Selena replied, understanding. “That makes sense.”
“Yeah…family right?” Glory offered with a sad shrug of her shoulders.

The platinum-blonde could only nod her head as she turned to lean against the wall. “Makes you wish you could redo today, huh?”
“Yeah.” Glory’s eyes widened as she readily agreed with the young woman.
“Sorry to hear about your match.” Selena offered. “You gonna go for a rematch?”
“I hope so.” Glory stated, crossing her arms and shaking her head. “I owe him some receipts.”

With a turn of her head, the ‘Best in the World’ glanced up and down at the Snow Queen’s figure leaning against the wall. “What about you?” she asked. “Xander a dead man?”

The question was an honest one and Selena couldn’t blame Glory for asking it. And, initially, her answer would have been a strong affirmative, declaring that she was going to break Xander’s neck and put him in the hospital for good!

“He is…” she answered slowly… “But not by me.” The last part came as a sigh.
“Why not?” Glory asked, clearly surprised. “Don’t you want to-“

“Look!” the crisp, sharp voice that came from Selena as she turned her head to glare at Glory. “You have no fucking idea how badly I want to do that! How much I want to put a chair around his neck and stomp on it! How badly I want to rip his arm out and break it! How badly I want to rip him to pieces!”

The ferocity in Selena’s words effectively left the former champion speechless, Glory’s only expression being wide-eyed in nature.

“But…” Selena sighed. “I’ve knocked him out. I’ve humbled him. I’ve bloodied him. I’ve brought him to his knees and it still wasn’t enough.” She admitted. “This… there is someone that deserves to rip him apart far more than me. And he fucking deserves to.” Her gaze returned to the floor but she nodded when Glory guessed the name.

“Helms?”

The confirmation from Selena placed them both into a state of quiet, both women gazing at the floor.

“Least you have the world title to look to.”

The words came from Glory and made Selena laugh out loud. “Oh yeah!” she chuckled. “From tag-wrestler back to ‘word-title contender Selena Frost’.” It sounded so absurd to the platinum-blonde. “Pretty sure that’s the last thing Sasha needs from me – jumping the line like that.”

Even so, as Selena lifted her head to observe Glory, she was surprised to see the confusion on Glory’s face. “Selena…I’m talking about Trios.”

Again, Selena laughed. “Glory, if I ever won Trios, I would hold onto it till Regan came back and use it to either get her the tag-titles back or…” her voice trailed off. She didn’t want to tell Glory that she’d use it to get Regan the main-event spot at Rise to Greatness, one of the last goals Regan had on her list as a wrestler. Fortunately, the woman seemed to not pickup on the last option Selena had almost revealed.

“No…” Glory shook her head incredulously. “Selena, you have a World title match in a few weeks.”

How long Selena stood there in silence, eyes wide in shock as she stared at Glory, she wasn’t sure. There were no clocks nearby to tick-tock away the hour.

“What…” she shook her head a little in disbelief. “What are you talking about?” she finally asked.
“Ace Marshall cashed in his Trios contract.” Glory explained. “He’s made a massive gauntlet match with him and Bree and you’re in it. I am, too.”

To say that the notion was beyond absurd to Selena would be untrue. Ace, in the past, had used his Trios Contract for wild and crazy ideas – putting the Adrenaline title on the line at the end of the year battle royale, for example. Compared to that, this was not a huge leap in logic, per say… but why choose her?

“I see…” Selena finally answered. “I guess that’s…that’s nice?” she couldn’t find any better words to use other than that. The match – the existence of it – did not fill her with purpose nor did it give her direction. It just… was there for her in that moment.

“Come on!” Glory tried. “Try and be a little excited!” she offered. “It’s the World title!”

“Yeah.” Selena nodded. But she couldn’t be. She couldn’t be ‘excited’. She couldn’t be ‘elated’. True, she hadn’t been the World Champion for over three years and there had been times in those three years where she had wanted to go for it again, try and be the World Champion she knew she could be. Long reign, many defences, being the proud “Face of SCW” that she always tried to be.

But what was the point without Regan there?

“I’m sorry.” Selena sighed, casting her eyes at Glory. “I know I should be excited. You could win it and become SCW World champion for the first time! That’s long overdue!” she offered. “But…I… I can’t stop thinking about my sister. Regan.”

“I see…” Glory replied, understanding thick in her voice.
“I better get back to her anyway.” Selena stated. “Sorry for the bad company.”

“No!” Glory tried, waving a hand in front of Selena. “I’m sorry I can’t be more help now. But…” she seemed to think for a moment before holding a hand out to Selena. “Can I see your phone please?”

Without thinking, Selena pulled out the blue-cased cellphone, unlocking it and handing it to Glory, whose fingers danced across the screen. Before Selena knew it, she was being handed the phone back, the screen showing Glory’s name and phone number in one of Selena’s ‘contacts’ page.

“If you need someone to talk to or some help getting through this, just give me a call, okay? I don’t…” she paused for a moment, as if choosing her words carefully. “You don’t deserve to go through this by yourself.” She settled on, offering a smile before walking down the hall, past Selena and into a nearby room where, Selena assumed, Kim Williams was.

For a moment, Selena was truly at a loss for words, so much so that even the words ‘thank you’ could not be formed.

Regan…
The Tag League
Xander
Helms
And now the World Title…

They all flew through and in her head, and yet her eyes could not stray from the lit screen of her phone, showing the name and phone number Glory at put there, as if she could find some secret answer encoded within the letters and numbers.

What does it all mean? she asked, the events of the last few hours, from the PPV to now, not making any sense to her… and maybe, maybe….

That was for the best…

The Royal Letter

The camera fades in to reveal the interior of the “We Believe!” limousine-tour bus belonging to Selena Frost. Judging from the windows, it is night outside, the moon bright as it ‘sits’ in the sky. Sitting on one of the long couches within the bus is Selena Frost, herself. She seems lost in her own thoughts as she sits there before the camera, her hands clasped together and her gaze on them, a magenta gown wrapped around her frame, but leaving her shoulders bare, her hair in its iconic braid.

I know that… there’s been a lot of talk since last week’s Breakdown. A lot of questions. From me socking Bree Lancaster in the jaw, to announcing Glory Braddock as my new tag-team partner to finish up the Tag League… she bits her lower lip.

Questions like: “Why Glory?”, “What happens if you win the Tag-League?”, “What about the World Title gauntlet match?”.

Honestly, True Believers…
Selena slowly lifts her head. I’m not thinking about Bree Lancaster as the World Champion just yet. To me, for now, she’s the target I want at the finals, and I’ll get to her later. I’m not thinking about the World title or the gauntlet match either. I’m only thinking about the Tag League and what is in my heart…

And honestly – right from the heart, guys…
she exhales shakily. Is that I was actually ready to quit the Tag League after Regan was injured.

I know that sounds bad and unlike me – ‘Selena Frost quitting?’ – but please understand, SCW. The tag-team titles, the tag-league… Frozen Hell… it wasn’t about the tag titles to me. It wasn’t about ‘more gold’ or ‘being relevant’ or anything like that. Frozen Hell… The Tag League… it was about sisterhood.

It was about me and my sister-in-arms, Regan, fighting against every kind of odd. The critics saying that she and I could ‘never co-exist’ – spending too much time in our careers as the ‘worst of enemies’. The bitter tag-teams that said that we ‘didn’t belong’ in the tag-team division. That we ‘didn’t care about the tag-team division – only owning gold’. The monster that thought he was ‘beyond more powerful than two women like us’.

For me… it was never work. It was never ‘a chore’ or ‘a trial’ teaming with Regan against those odds. With her, I knew we could do anything. I knew we could achieve anything.

For a moment, Selena rubs at her eye with the back of her hand, a quiet sniffle escaping her. Regan Street WAS Frozen Hell, guys. It’s as simple as that. Regan Street was the reason Frozen Hell existed and stayed alive and became the SCW Tag-Team of the Year… and without her… I felt… I didn’t… I mean… Selena stammers a bit before she suddenly sighs, seemingly at a loss.

I’m…I’m sorry, I don’t have the right words…

Without her, I didn’t want to go on in the tag division. I didn’t want to just replace her with someone, regardless of how talented or amazing they were. And there are! There are some incredible, amazing wrestlers in SCW – hell, in this Tag League – every person in these semi-final rounds. So many people that fought tooth and nail at the pay-per-view, who will do so in the upcoming Breakdown in that gauntlet match. So many incredible people… but none of them were my sister.

With a slow hand, Selena runs it through her platinum locks before moving it to grasp her braid.

But if I did quit… if I did just exit the league – even the division. Simply gave up and surrendered the match to the Psychonaughts, who have more than proven themselves as not only an incredible team but also the future of the division of SCW – if I just gave up to them… what would that really say about Frozen Hell? About me? About Regan?

For a moment, Selena takes a deep breath, her hands lowering to rest on her lap, her posture becoming more refined and familiar of her. From the beginning, this Tag League has been a roller coaster for Regan and I. We began with a simple task. We wanted to demonstrate to the world that we belonged in this division. That we had the right to believe we were the rightful tag-team champions of SCW and we could represent them well. And from there, we lost the tag-team titles, and had so many people believe that we would never get this far. Never get to the semi-finals with so many heavy matches ahead of us.

Yet, we never gave up…
Against the Jackass and Big Ass Connection…
Against the Psychonaughts…
Against Dark Fantasy…

When one loss could have erased us from this tournament, we beat them all and survived, fighting and clawing our way to this night… this opportunity.
there is a glint of pride in Selena’s voice at the memory of Frozen Hell’s journey. From former champions to the block leaders to the ‘greatest tag-team in SCW history’, all had fought Frozen Hell and the team of Selena and Regan had prevailed. Yet, as the seconds pass, Selena’s expression changes to a more sombre one.

And now… am I to treat that as if it was all for nothing? That it was pointless? she tilts her head, her eyes on the camera in front of her. Am I to just give up now? After everything Regan sacrificed to get us here? After everything we strived to do to make the tag-league exciting and worth watching? After every headache and body ache we went through to survive? The pain, sweat, tears – everything? Toss it in the trash, just like that?

The Snow Queen’s jaw clenches a little.

The more I thought about it… the more I realized what I would really be doing if I did just that and let this be the end of Frozen Hell... If I let Xander’s actions truly destroy everything Regan and I built and strived to represent.

Over a year of trials and fighting…gone.
Months and months of facing some of the best tag-teams in SCW…forgotten.
The tag-team of the year… just a statistic… gone the same way as the other teams that had ‘quit’ and/or been injured from this Tag League…

With each statement, Selena’s tone grows more serious, sharper, passion-filled, her hands clenching together. And the more I thought about that, the angrier I got. Angry at myself. Angry at myself for even considering that that would be how ‘Frozen Hell’ ends. As a mere statistic – a mere “what could have been”… Because that isn’t how Regan would want this to end!

Regan would look me in the eye, slap me in the face and tell me to get out there and keep fighting! Keep fighting until there wasn’t any breath left in my body. And even then, make that last breath worth every second you have left!
a pale fist slams into Selena’s knee, emphasizing each word she says.

And that is what I am going to do! Do you understand me, guys?! Jordan? Cookie? she waits a few seconds, letting her words settle to catch the attention of the Psychonaughts.

I know facing me has been one disappointment after another for you in this league. First, you wanted to face Regan and I for the tag-team titles, and that didn’t happen. Now, you wanted that rematch with Frozen Hell to try and make up for us beating you in the regular rounds, bringing you the only loss you had in this league, and that isn’t happening…

But the way I see it, the two of you have a choice now. You can either lament on that, like I almost did, or you can come at Glory and I with everything you have and we can make damn sure that everyone knows what this tag-league – what this tag division of SCW – is meant to be! We can decide the future winners of this tournament and the number one contenders of the World Tag-Team Titles!
the platinum-blonde declares, her sapphire eyes ablaze.

Because from where I am seeing things, Cookie and Jordan? The last time we faced, I told you that the two of you have yet to experience true hardship as a tag-team like Regan and I have. I still stand by that. I know you two are incredible – and you’ve proven it without a doubt to get to this point. But last time, you were against a team with their backs against the wall – with so many doubting them and refusing to fade quietly out of this tournament, you were beaten…

And here’s the honest truth, ladies: that hasn’t changed.
Selena’s eyes narrow.

Because this isn’t just ‘a wild ride’ like you two have had. This isn’t a ‘see what happens’ mentality. This is me REFUSING to let the dream of Frozen Hell die. This me REFUSING to give up on what Regan and I planned – winning this tournament! This is me, teaming with one of the best people in SCW – someone that understands, with all her heart, what it’s like to struggle and fight and claw for all you believe in!

Taking a deep breath, Selena sits back against the couch, though her expression is still sharp.

Cookie, Jordan – I respect both of you, individually an as a tag-team. In any other light – any other day, I would have excitedly promoted this match as a meeting of the future of the tag-team division in you and the present in Regan and I or even an epic experiment in a team like Glory and myself.

But this isn’t a game. This isn’t an experiment. This isn’t just another tag match. When we face? When the beginning of the end of the Tag-League commences, I promise you, you will see me at my most dangerous. The Selena Frost that knocked down and knocked out Xander Valentine. The one that dropped Bree Lancaster to the ground. The one that has defied the odds over and over again.

You will see me as someone you can’t keep down. As someone you can’t shut down. As someone you can’t put away, no matter how much punishment you give me. Because it’s not just me and Glory you will be fighting.

Slowly, Selena reaches up with one hand, placing it over her heart. Regan will be here with me. I will bring her ferocity. I will bring her passion. I will bring her… Selena bites her lip, a playful smile suddenly showing across her features. I will bring her ‘bitchiness’ to this final fight against you.

Isn’t that what a tag-team does, ladies? Work together? Carry the load when your partner can’t? And like any good tag-team partner that needs to carry the load when their partner is down, that is exactly what I will do. I will not only help Glory as I believe she will help me, but I will carry Regan Street to the place she deserves to be.

With Glory.
With me.
In the finals.
And beyond that to become the SCW World Tag League Winners!

A strong smile crosses over Selena’s lips. Believe it, ladies…

The last words settle as the camera slowly fades to black.
[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
4x SCW World Tag-Team Champion
2x SCW United States Champion
3x SCW Adrenaline Champion
SCW Television Champion
Longest Reigning SCW World Champion (234 days)
Winner of Shot of Adrenaline Tournament (2016)
Winner of Best of the Best Tournament (2016)
Winner of Trios Tournament (2018)
Winner of U.S. Championship Tournament (2020)
Winner of World Championship Tournament (2023)
Winner of Tactical Warfare (2014, 2019)
Winner of Elimination Chamber (2015)
Winner of Roofed Cage Match (2019)
Winner of Last Person Standing Match (2019)
The Unbelievable Main Event (2021-2023)
Winner of Double Jeopardy Match (2022)
Winner of EOTY Invitational (2023)
Female Wrestler of the Year (2016, 2021, 2022)
Tag-Team of the Year (2020 - w/ Regan Street)
Match of the Year (2018, 2019, 2021, 2023)
Feud of the Year (2014, 2019)

[Image: 34zetxl.png]
OOC: Good luck to everyone involved.

The Dark Side of the Sun

”Sewn Together”

Denver, Colorado
February 2nd, 2021
2:40am

She had finished her ice coffee and had begun chewing on the ice cubes that were left over, feeling the caffeine/cream/sugar concoction granting her the slight pick-me-up she had been looking for. She knew that with such a rise, a crash was always soon to follow, but she wasn’t afraid of that. She was hoping for it – the crash being enough to push her right past the ‘dreaming’ part of sleep and straight into the deep REM that prevented her from seeing that demon in her mind again.

She still had not identified it. It wasn’t Xander. No way. She had feared Xander enough in her past and if End of the Year had done anything for her, it had obliterated her fear for him, replacing it with a sense of reality that, while Xander was a dangerous man, that was what he was. A man. Not a demon. Not a god. A man.

Quietly, Selena released a huff as she sat back on her couch, chewing on her latest ice cube, feeling the silky comfort of her magenta nightgown. Taking a deep breath through her nose (and an icy exhale over her tongue and out her lips against her hand), Selena slowly brought her mind to focus past the ‘monster’ that had been plaguing her dreams ever since Last Grasp of Reality and onto the present. 

Regan would soon be heading back to California for a few days for neck surgery. The prognosis – well, from what Selena had understood, given her limited medical knowledge – was that, at this point, it was the best option for the Hellcat. She would be taken to her home in Santa Monica, transferred to the proper hospital nearby, and surgery would be done to fix things.

Still, Selena’s mind couldn’t shake what other words she understood. Specifically, the words she had heard from Glory Braddock several days ago and the doctor more recently.

…‘surgery’ is kind of a scary thing. Usually means-
With all respect, Mrs. Helms, I think it’s best that you prepare yourself for the reality that you won’t wrestle again.

There had been a certain kind of finality to it all. Hearing those words from the doctor, confirming what Glory had suspected, that had killed any kind of denial that Selena may have instinctively harbored of Regan, in typical badass fashion, picking herself up off the hospital with ease, shaking the aches off as if they were simple workout pains and just going back on her merry way to kicking ass and taking names in SCW – starting with Xander Valentine.

No… there was no such thing happening. And as Selena reached into her glass, pulling out a stray ice cube and held it in her hand, she watched the frozen water begin to melt in her palm, not caring how it dripped around the surface before sending droplets to the floor.

Regan would not get up like it was nothing.
Regan would not recover quickly.
Regan was not going to be ready in time.

Her sister was out. And while Selena was beyond grateful her best friend was alive, the reality had become as obvious as the ice melting in her hand.

“Frozen Hell is dead…” she whispered as she dropped the ice cube to the ground. 

Regan Street’s Home
Santa Monica, California
February 8th, 2021
1:13pm

Regan Street had not been pampered in some time before. It was a realization she had as she lay on the bed, her neck wrapped in a brace and secured. That wasn’t to say she hadn’t been spoiled in the past. She had been. Her husband, David, for example, had done so many times, wonderful as he was.

But in terms of injuries, she had always recovered on her own, using whatever pain and discomfort came with the recovery to motivate her, push her to get better and stronger. She had never been spoiled and comforted like this before… and she would be lying to herself if she didn’t enjoy it on some level.

“Ahem…” She cleared her voice, reaching out awkwardly with her hand to grasp the metal bell and flicking it back and forth, creating a sharp, chime that rang through the room and her Santa Monica home. “Oh housekeeping!” she called out, her tongue sticking out playfully as she knew what was to come.

It took a few seconds for any sound to reach her ears, but the clicking of heels filled them soon enough, growing louder as the source drew closer to where she sat/lay, propped up on pillows to support her back and neck. She was already laughing before the housekeeper had arrived, the anticipation becoming too much.

For standing before her, dressed from head to toe – from black high heels, to stockings, to a frilly skirt and shoulder/arm coverings – was her maid: Selena Frost.

“Yes, mademoiselle?” she started, her true accented voice replaced with a thick, stereotypical French-accent. “How may I zerve you-“ she stopped as she saw Regan holding her sides, laughing loudly, the Hellcat’s laughter ringing through the room louder than the bell.  

Truly, the Snow ‘Maid’ was a sight to behold, from the cute hat to the white gloves to the little feather duster she held in hand. But as she heard the injured Hellcat laughing, her sapphire eyes rolled and she crossed her arms across her chest. 

“You know you’re gonna-“ she started in her actual voice but stopped as, once again, Regan’s laughter filled. Selena knew she must have been a sight. ‘The Face of SCW’, ‘The Snow Queen’, the woman that had knocked out superstars with her kicks, won championships of all kinds, dressed as a French maid for her dear sister. 

“I- ow- know-“ Regan tried, wincing as her laughing was not without some painful consequence. “Could I…” Regan tried, calming her hysterics down a little so she could simply smile in observance of her devoted sister. “Can you get me my painkillers, please?” she asked, earning a quick nod as Selena seemed to shift from annoyed to ‘protective’ mode, moving through the family room where Regan sat, enjoying Netflix (Selena wasn’t paying attention to what her sister was watching). Within a few seconds, the ‘maid’ had retrieved Regan’s pills, a glass of water with a straw in the glass, helping Regan to take the needed medication.

A few awkward attempts passed but the Hellcat was able to conquer the challenge of the ‘taking medicine’ before relaxing back. Selena, meanwhile, returned the glass of water to the kitchen.

“You know…” Regan called out. “I wasn’t really serious when I suggested you dress like a maid and stand on hand and foot for me.”
“Sure you weren’t.” Selena called out. 
“I’m serious!” Regan called back as Selena returned into the room. “It was meant as a joke…” she eyed Selena again. “Until I saw you in that…”
“Yeah. Now I’m stuck.” Selena sighed.

It had been a situation where Selena wasn’t even sure how she had gotten into it, per say. After her surgery and the mandatory ‘days in the hospital’ before being allowed home, the Hellcat had become a little stir-crazy, hating how she had to stay still, stay at home – not move. 

It had never been her style, nor Selena’s. To say that she had been grumpy, well, even Selena would have agreed that such a claim would have been an understatement. And for the platinum-blonde, who had refused to leave her sister’s side beyond the mandatory meetings for SCW, leaving Regan in Mikalea’s care, she had run out of ideas to keep Regan’s spirits up. That is until Regan’s off-hand remark. A remark Mikalea, the little devil, had run with!

I think you should do it!
What are you talking about?!
You know! Dress up like a maid! 
What? No!
C’mon, Selena! It’ll make her laugh!
Yeah, because I’ll look like an idiot!
I hope so!

The conversation had gone on like that, without Regan’s knowledge, until Mikalea had played the “it’s for Regan” card, leaving Selena powerless. Acquiring the maid-outfit had been a simple enough task, she had done so during her time in Kansas City for Breakdown, and since then, every time she was ‘serving’ Regan (taking care of her), her sister had insisted on the Snow Queen wearing that outfit.

“Don’t you think the garter’s a bit much?” Selena honestly asked as she sat near Regan, lifting her leg a little to adjust the black and white garment that wrapped around one of her toned, black-stocking wearing leg.

“Definitely.” Regan chuckled, reaching out to pull on the item with a finger, snapping it back against Selena’s leg as she released. “But you gotta keep it on.”

With a second roll of her eyes, Selena simply leaned back against the frame of the bed beside her sister, reaching out a pale hand, she wiped a lock of hair behind Regan’s ear. 

“You’re unbelievable. You know that?” Regan replied softly.
“That’s kind of my whole schtick.” Selena shrugged innocently.
“No, I mean… this.” Regan gestured towards the ‘dress’ (for lack of a better word) that Selena wore. “Doing this for me.”

Again, Selena shrugged, as if the act had been a no-brainer. “Thank Mikalea.” She replied. “She loved the idea when you suggested it.”

There was a moment of silence between the two, the only sound coming from the television David Helms had brought into the room for his wife’s comfort.

“I…” the sound came from Regan. “I never apologized to you.”
“Oh, I’ll get over it.” Selena laughed. “It’s a little hurt pride, but it’s for family and I-“
“No… not that.” Regan held up a hand, turning herself a bit carefully to better observe her friend. “I mean about the Tag League… and the tag-titles…”

Sapphire eyes widened at that and in that moment, had Regan not been wearing a neck brace, Selena would have forgotten her sister’s condition and throttled her. 

“Don’t you fucking dare!” she ordered, pushing herself off the bed and glaring at Regan, not caring in the slightest how ridiculous she looked. “I can’t believe you!”

“Selena…” Regan tried but was quickly interjected.
“I swear to Odin, Regan, I will hit you in the head with this feather-duster if you try to explain such bullshit!”

Now she KNEW she looked ridiculous, standing in stockings, feather-duster held high like a club – and judging from the look on Regan’s face, a mixture of uncertainty of whether to be alarmed or amused again – it was clear that the Hellcat knew it… and knew that Selena didn’t give a damn.

“This isn’t your fault.” Selena stated simply. “It just… it just happened…”
“I took an unnecessary risk.” Regan tried to explain. “I knew it was dangerous facing him… especially after what we did to him in that handicap match… but I thought I could handle it.”

“You DID handle it!” Selena implored, standing her ground in her heels. “Regan… Xander didn’t beat you. A bad landing did. Gravity did, okay? If we’re going to blame anyone, it be fate or Xander for being so…so…”
“Xander?” Regan asked, raising an eyebrow. “But that’s my point. I should have waited till after the tournament.”
“And then what?” Selena asked, her hands and feather duster moving to rest on her apron-wearing hips. “Let him hurt more people while he waited? Wait till we were fighting Chris and Lucas? Endangering them too?”

Selena saw Regan’s jaw clench, the Hellcat unable to give a proper comeback to Selena’s points.

“What is done is done.” Selena sighed. “And I’m more relieved that you’re okay. That you can feel your legs. That you’re on the road to recovery. That’s…” she stared into Regan’s green eyes, emphasizing every word that followed. “That is far more important to me than some tournament or some titles. I swear.”

Before her eyes, the Hellcat took a deep breath through her nose and exhaled, sitting there in her cozy, fluffy pyjamas.

“Besides.” Selena shrugged, returning to sit on the bed beside her sister. “It’s not like we’re ‘out’ of the league, per say. We can still win. Especially thanks to you.”

The statement caused a scoff to escape from the injured woman, not fully believing Selena’s praise, but it was true. In the days that followed Last Grasp of Reality, Selena had been ready to submit her ‘removal’ from the Tag League, not wishing to continue without Regan. Somehow, Regan had gotten wind of that and demanded Selena speak to her first – in other words, a text message that read “GET YOUR PALE ASS HERE NOW!”. What followed was, in what the platinum-blonde could describe, was an hour and a half tongue-lashing from a very grumpy Hellcat, Regan demanding that Selena continue in the league, finishing what they started. 

And Selena gave Regan credit, the Hellcat was persistent. For every person that Regan suggested as her ‘replacement’, Selena would shut down for various reasons, only for Regan to have another lined up!

David Helms, Kelcey Wallace, Owen Cruze, Blake Mason, Konrad Raab, hell, even Chris Cannon had been considered by the Hellcat! Selena had shot them all down for one reason or another. 

Busy with Xander
Injured
I don’t want Giovanni getting involved
Can he handle this level of pressure?
He’s the fucking tag-team champion!

It had gotten so bad that Regan had demanded Selena’s phone, checking through her work contact…

How the hell do you only have four work contacts, Selena?
Well… you, Kennedy, Kelcey… I don’t have many ‘work friends’, okay?!
Wait…why is Glory Braddock here?

An hour later, Selena had, somehow, been convinced to promise Regan that she would give Glory a call and “propose” the idea (nothing more than that) to the former Adrenaline Champion, which had lead to a very eager Glory wanting the same thing Selena and Regan wanted. To see the journey Frozen Hell made have a conclusion of some kind.

“She’s a good partner.” Regan whispered, smiling at Selena as she rested her head against Selena’s as best as she could. That fact, Selena could not deny, choosing to nod her head. Glory was travelling down a similar road of ‘redemption’ that Regan had travelled. She was experienced, her heart was in the right place and… to Selena’s surprise… she understood the Snow Queen’s reluctance to continue without Regan. 

“It’s different.” Selena whispered, staying still so as not to agitate Regan’s neck. “I don’t know how she thinks. How she operates as a tag-team partner or anything like that.”

It was true. Bree, much to Selena’s chagrin, had been smart in her selection. She had dug out her old partner, Andrew Raynes, out of hiding – someone that she had actually held the tag-titles with. Someone she knew how to team with. She had thought strategicly while Selena had just… just followed Regan’s wishes like she always did.

And yet… despite herself… she couldn’t lie when she heard the question from Regan’s lips. “Do you still want to win the tournament?”

Oh how that had been such a dream for Selena when she had teamed with Regan in the beginning of this Tag League. It was common knowledge to anyone in SCW – Selena loved tournaments. She loved winning them, competing in them – the ultimate test of ability, survival against the best SCW could provide. She, alone, could claim winning every kind of tournament in SCW’s history. And to win one with her sister?

That was her dream – much the same way Regan’s had been to become Supreme Champion. Now? It was impossible. And yet…and yet…

“Part of me does.” She sighed. “I don’t want to see the tag league in the hands of someone like Bree again.”

It was a simple answer but a profound one. Sadly, she wasn’t able to further explain as the sound of the door opening and someone marching across the house with a purpose filled both women’s ears.

“OKAY!” declared the loud voice of Mikalea as she entered the room, wearing a thick beige, winter coat and carrying several plastic bags in her arms. “I’m back and I have stuff for spaghetti and meat-“

She stopped as her eyes finally took in the sight before: Regan, her sister, leaning against Maid Selena Frost, whose legs, garter, stockings and skirt were on full display.

Mikalea almost dropped the bags as she let out a howl of laughter. “OH MY GOD!” she croaked, placing the bags on the ground to save them from being possibly dropped in the immediate future. “You gotta be kidding me! You actually did it?!”

“What?! It was your idea!” Selena huffed, once more crossing her arms over her chest.
“Sure! But I didn’t think you’d actually go through with it!” Mikalea managed to get out before shooting a hand against the entrance frame of the room to steady herself. “Sis- what- what…” she had to take several breaths to gather herself. “What do you think David will think when he sees this?”

“Alright! No housework this week! Yay!” Regan replied, imitating her husband’s smooth toned voice.\
“Has she really been serving you?” the younger Street asked, somewhat in disbelief.
“Yep.” Regan smiled contently. “Good food, getting my medicine, everything. Jealous?”
“Actually… a little bit.” Mikalea shook her head, finally able to gather her bags and make her way out of the room and into the kitchen. “Anyways! Spaghetti and meatballs okay?”

“I should help with that.” Selena replied, pushing herself off the bed to make her way out of the room, only for Regan to stop her.
“Can I just go with you?” she asked. “A change of scenery I mean?”

“I…” Selena hesitated. She was uneasy to move Regan so soon after her surgery. But as someone that had been bed-ridden before… she understood the issues of cabin fever. “Okay…” she sighed, placing the feather-duster on the bed before removing the blankets from Regan and carefully, as if the Hellcat were a china-doll, lifted her into her arms, carrying her the distance needed into the kitchen area and into the adjoining family room. Seeing this, Mikalea was about to say something in protest, out of concern, but a stern look from Regan silenced her.

Carefully, Selena travelled the few steps left to place her dear sister-in-arms on the couch, adjusting her onto the cushions to ensure she was comfy.

“Thank you.” Whispered Regan gratefully.
“You okay?” Selena asked, checking everything about Regan’s position, neck-
“I’m okay.” The Hellcat smiled. 
“Okay.” Sighed Selena. “I’m in the kitchen if you need anything.”
“Last time you said that…” Regan teased. “Well…you’re the one in the maid outfit.”

The Snow Queen said nothing, merely excusing herself to aid Mikalea with dinner. The two worked in silence boiling the noodles, preparing the sauce and cooking the meatballs. Eventually, Mikalea broke the silence.

“Do you honestly think she will wrestle again?”
“Yes.” Selena replied immediately. “I refuse to believe otherwise.”
“But… I mean… do you think she should?”

Turning her head, Selena spied the younger Street girl stirring the boiling noodles with a wooden spoon. “Look, I want what’s best for her as much as you do. Maybe more.” She challenged to Selena. “But even if she gets well enough to wrestle again, she’s going to have a target on her neck for the rest of her career. And what if she DOES face Xander again?”

Selena didn’t say anything, at first. She couldn’t. Her mind was replaying the same nightmare that had haunted her night after night without mercy. The monster she could not fight because she was chained back.

“When we had to take Regan out of the hospital in Denver… remember how they wouldn’t let her out without her sitting in a wheelchair? I pushed her while you got the doors?” Mikalea asked, her back still to the uniformed maid, who nodded. “All I could think about was that being something permanent.”

“What are you saying?” Selena asked, still unsure of where Mikalea was going with this.
“I’m saying is…maybe she needs to hear it from the two of us at some point that she shouldn’t go back to wrestling.”

For a moment, Selena was silent before slowly shaking her head. “I can’t do that.” She sighed. “Believe me, I get what you’re saying, and she still has to help Giselle – the road ahead of her is probably… probably one of the hardest she’s ever faced. But if she succeeds and her family doesn’t believe in her all the way…”

Selena sighed. She didn’t want to think about that. How many times had she been there to pull Regan from the brink and vice versa? How many times had Regan believed in her when the whole SCW locker room had given up on her?

“If Regan wants to return to wrestling when she’s recovered, I am going to do all I can to help her.” Selena stated as she checked the temperature of the tomato sauce, careful to avoid any splatter from it bubbling.

The two continued to cook in silence, not a word being spoken, even as they gathered the bowls and plates. For Mikalea, she merely watched as Selena removed Regan’s neck brace to make eating easier for the Hellcat. It was a bit of a struggle, but the former tag-team of Frozen Hell managed.

Perhaps it was this point that the reality dawned on Mikalea, allowing her to look at the Snow Queen in a new light. Everything Selena had done – from dressing as a damn French maid to letting Regan convince her to find a new partner in the Tag League… it had been for Regan. To keep Regan strong and believing that everything would be okay.

Whether it was making Regan laugh or putting her in her place when she said something stupid, everything Selena did was for her sister, even at the cost of Selena’s dream.

She really loves her. Mikalea thought as she watched Selena take the finished plates back into the kitchen, even adding an accented “Uno momento, par va-vours.” for additional measure. And for a moment, Mikalea found herself worried about something different – something she hadn’t thought about till right then.

Maybe I shouldn’t be worried about what Regan would do with or without wrestling…

But of what Selena will do without Regan…

Denver, Colorado
February 2nd, 2021
3:00am

The hour struck, Selena seeing the new hour on the clock that was part of the microwave in the kitchen. Her thought had not left her, not had the emotions. 

The fear.
The uncertainty.
The feeling of being alone…

“Alone…” she whispered, finally allowing the tears she had been holding back for so many days to fall, joining the remains of the ice cubes that had fallen from her hand.

“I can’t do it.” The Snow Queen whispered, releasing a breath that she had not known she’d been holding. “I can’t do this alone.”

You’ve never been alone…

Lifting her head up at the voice, Selena wasn’t surprised at the woman that stood before her – the sandy-blonde haired woman standing on her feet with neck brace. 

“It’s not you.” Selena smiled sadly, shaking her head. “Old ghosts… I never could quite be free of you entirely.” She shrugged. “Guess I’m more tired than I thought.”
“Going three days without more than four hours of sleep will do that.” Chastised the hallucination of her formerly ‘fine’ sister. “That and make you mopey.”

“I’m not mopey.” Selena sighed, too tired to realize fully that she was arguing with herself.
“Oh please! ‘Oh! Frozen Hell is dead! Oh! I can’t do it alone! Woe is me!’.” ‘Regan’ replied. 

“What are you expecting me to do?” Selena asked.
“You know what I want you to do.” Came the reply, causing Selena to scoff.
“Oh yes! Call the cousin or niece or relative I don’t even know of the woman that nearly paralyzed me. Call the woman that repeatedly interfered in my career because she was obsessed with beating me. Call the woman that sided with the fucking Beauty Factory – with Bree – and team up!”

“Yes.” Replied the hallucination simply, as if it was easy. “What have you got to lose?”
“Everything! This whole thing is a lose-lose!” Selena spat. “I win, then I’ve just replaced Regan because I’m some kind of ‘gold-whore’. I lose? Then I fail Regan and Frozen Hell, making out entire struggle be for nothing!”

“Was it for nothing?” Regan asked, but it wasn’t until the voice changed that Selena turned her head.
“Was our struggle for nothing just because we lost?”

Before Selena’s eyes, in Regan’s place stood Dawn Lohan, Selena’s old tag-team partner and, yes, lover. “Was everything we went through for nothing?” This time, Selena saw the blonde-haired woman change to a familiar brunette – a woman that was supposed to also be recovering from serious injuries.

“Was what we fought for for nothing simply because we lost in a roofed-cage match?” asked Kelcey with a shrug of her shoulders.

“What about us?” 

The voice came not from Kelcey but from behind Selena, causing her to turn to see the redhead sitting right beside her, a gentle hand caressing Selena’s cheek. “Was everything we survived, fought for – was it for nothing? Just because I’m in jail?”

Selena felt her jaw tremble as she reached out, knowing she couldn’t touch this Deanna but still not caring. How long had it been since she held her wife outside of a prison cell? How many days had passed since she had been to Frankfurt, needing to stay and look after Regan?

“The journey is the destination…” Deanna whispered. “No one will take away what you and Regan accomplished together. No one will take away want you mean to each other.”

The redhead offered a small smile to Selena, the Snow Queen unable to look away. “The real question that remains is: how do you want to end it?”

“I don’t want it to end.” Selena half-begged, half-cried. “I don’t want it to end at all. I want to finish this with Regan-“ she gulped a breath. “I want to win this with Regan. I want to prove that we are a great tag-team! I want to prove that we are strong enough to overcome anything-“

“Then why are you so fucking afraid to overcome this?” ‘Regan’ asked, returning to sit on the other side of Selena, regaining the platinum-blonde’s attention. “Why are you so afraid of overcoming this for us? Of showing everyone that this isn’t the end of what we set out to do?!”

“Because I… I don’t think I can without you!” Selena admitted. “I was the one pinned in our loss. You were the one scoring most of the pinfalls. I was the one that couldn’t help you against Xander. I was the one that failed to stop him sooner…”

There was a silence between Selena and her ‘spirits’ as she sat in the limo, not caring for a moment how crazy she looked.

“What if it was you?” came the eventual voice of Regan. “What if it was you in that hospital and not me?”
“What if it was you in that prison and not me?” Deanna asked.
“Would you want me to give up?” the redhead asked.
“Or me?” Regan added.

Selena opened her mouth to speak, but she couldn’t find an answer. Instead, she merely lowered her head placing it in her hands. “I don’t know…” she whispered. “I don’t know… I don’t…”

Her body felt heavy, leaning towards the couch side she was sitting on, towards her wife. The voices of Deanna and Regan continued ringing in her ear, repeating those same questions until… they stopped.

It took a moment for Selena to realize the voices were gone and that she was lying on the couch. Slowly, she pushed her groggy self back up to a sitting position when she felt one of her bare feet inadvertently kick the coffee cup that was on the floor, a little bit of ice and coffee having spilled on the floor.

“Wha…” Selena half-groaned as she looked around the limo-bus, searching for any other sign of… well, anything. But when her eyes fell on the microwave once more, the digital clock reading “4:12am”, she could only close her eyes and sigh. “Knew that crash was coming.” She whispered, rubbing her head before cleaning up the mess on the floor as best as she could.

Still, as she put everything away, her eyes spotted the item she had been looking for all ‘night’. Her sapphire-cased phone. 

“What if it was you? What if it was you in that hospital and not me?”
“What if it was you in that prison and not me?”
“Would you want me to give up?”
“Or me?”

The answer came much easier to Selena now, because it was one simple word. “No.” she whispered as she picked up her phone, turned it on and dialed the number in her contacts. “I’d want you both to keep fighting for me… and for yourselves.” She added as she heard the phone call switch to an answering machine.

With one last deep breath, Selena allowed herself to take the first step:

“Hi, Glory? It’s Selena Frost. Sorry to call you this late at night, but… can you call me back? I have something I want to ask you…”

[Image: tetXUW1.gif]

The scene opens up to the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts, where, after months of matches, controversy, heartache and triumph, the Tag League tournament will finally see a conclusion. Sixteen teams have waged war and now… only four teams remain. Four teams will become two and, finally, two teams will become one tonight to finally crown the ‘Tag League winners’, as well as the number one contenders for the SCW World Tag-Team titles. 

But for now, the arena is empty, the arctic blue and white lights shining down on the built ring that will host the Breakdown matches. And standing in the middle of the ring is none other than the Snow Queen, Selena Frost. However, as the camera fades in, the first thing noticed isn’t her iconic hair or even the fact that it’s Selena Frost. Rather, it is what the young woman wears: 

A black, form fitting corset with sleeves wraps around her torso, leaving her shoulders bare with matching leggings that reveal the unmistakable cheetah prints that wrap around part of the quads. 

There is no mistaking what is before the audience watching this promo, as Selena stands in the ring dressed not as “The Snow Queen” but in the design similar to her sister-in-arms, The Hellcat Regan Street.

You know… I think the old adage is quite true. “All good things must come to an end.” she bites her lower lip, nodding her head as she stands in the ring.

It’s true. What’s here today may be gone tomorrow. I mean, look no further than this tournament if you want an example. Take ten years ago. Ten years ago, Dark Fantasy would have burned through this tournament and be here, where I am now, and someone like me? A rookie? Not likely. 

Take five years ago. Names like Cid Turner and Asher Hayes? Just memories. Names of former stars in SCW. Thought long gone.

Take six months ago. The idea of Cookie Dreams being anything more than a cosplaying gimmick? Hanging around a large man promoting sex books and jokes?

Take two and a half weeks ago. Frozen Hell was set to take the Tag League semi-finals by storm! Leave nothing left in our wake. But as you all know by now, things change – and all good things must come to an end. she takes a deep breath, rubbing her hands together.

The question for me is: how do we want it to end? How do we want the good things to end. And I mentioned this - I know I did - but refusing to simply quit? Refusing to let what Regan and I worked for to just end on an injury note after we’ve come so close? That’s been all that’s been on my mind since Last Grasp of Reality.

But that’s not what I’m getting at, guys.
Selena shakes her head. Because I realized after last week that simply ‘winning the Tag League’ isn’t how I want this to end. It’s not enough. It’s not enough because a certain someone decided to open their big mouth and spit in the face of Regan, of David, and on the tag-team titles that this league is promoting.

Yeah, I’m speaking about Bree Lancaster.

Running her tongue inside her mouth, Selena shakes her head a little before speaking again.
That’s right, Bree. This is about you – sure you will love that. And before you go off spewing the same crap that you spoke on Twitter, let me just get this off my chest. I don’t like you, Bree. I never have. You’re a liar. A hypocrite and every time you open your month, I have to question if you actually believe the crap you’re spouting, and it takes everything I have not to run down to the ring and clock you in the jaw like I did last week!

I mean, what is this? The third or fourth time you and I will fight with the stakes this high? And what? I’m being a ‘gold-whore’. Is that it? Was that what you were going to say AGAIN? That I’m gunning for your title and trying to get the World title? That going to be your big argument for the umpteenth time? 

Thing is, Bree. It’s kinda hard for anyone to take you seriously when you say stuff like that when you’re walking to the ring CHOOSING to carry two world championships when you really, really, only need one. But I’m the title-whore, right?

The Snow Queen shrugs.

Yeah, I haven’t liked you for one minute, Bree. And while you’re getting ready to spout off some rhetoric that echoes the same one-liners and puns as Cid Turner, at least he’s entertaining. Least he’s got an excuse to be ignorant against me. We’ve never fought. But you? You’re the world champion! You’re representing SCW! We have a history, don’t we? Yet all you can do is sound like a jackass?

For a moment, Selena looks surprised and somewhat disappointed.

I said it last Breakdown, Bree. SCW deserves better. And I’ll be honest with you. When Regan and I beat Dark Fantasy and secured our spot in the semi-finals, I wasn’t thinking about you. I didn’t care whether it was you or A/C Unit that we faced. It didn’t matter to me at the time. It didn’t matter to me because I KNEW that the outcome would not change. I knew that Regan and I were going to keep going. Keep fighting our way to the end and become the Tag League winners! Whether it was me shutting you up again and you hating it every second of the way or beating up Cid and Asher while they tried their ‘sick’ puns.

Selena releases a slow breath, her eyes on the mat she stands on. But as I said…all things come to an end. Because now… I don’t want the A/C Unit. Good as they are, charismatic as they are, and despite them being a great example of SCW tag-team wrestling? I don’t want them.

I want you, Bree.
she glares into the camera, sapphire eyes ablaze.

I’ve had to accept some harsh realities thanks to this tournament, Bree. The most obvious one is that everything you hold dear can be taken from you- she snaps her pale fingers, the sound ringing for a second. In an instant. In an instant, I lost the World Tag-Team titles. In an instant, I lost my sister and tag-team partner…

But Regan…
Selena smiles, running a hand against the cheetah prints she wears.  Regan helped me realize that I could either let these things defeat me… or I could make them define me.

Regan picked me up when all I could do after Last Grasp of Reality was feel sorry for myself. She pointed me in the right direction. Got me back on track… Told me to keep fighting…
for a moment, Selena seems deep in thought, remembering her sister-in-arms.

So when you opened your mouth and disrespected her, disrespected David… what exactly did you think would happen, Bree? Huh? That no one would call you out on it? That no one would take exception to your egotistical bullshit?

No, Bree. You came after my family, so I am coming after you. I am coming after you for the sole purpose of making this night a night of living hell for you.
The Snow Queen’s eyes are, once more locked on the camera.

I don’t care if I have to bulldoze through the Psychonaughts to get to you. That is exactly what Glory and I will do. Because I refuse to let your filthy words – your crap – be the end note on David or Regan! I refuse!

And I refuse, Bree, to let you take another championship, just so you can throw it away when ‘being the World champion’ inevitably becomes too tough for you again. I refuse, Bree, to see what SIXTEEN teams fought for and battled for and sacrificed and risked their careers for to be taken by you – supposedly ‘saved’ – when we know the inevitable repeat of history, just like you did with the United States Championship, right?

Is that you ‘saving’ the tag-team division, Bree? Or is that the same as your BS towards David, the same as your BS towards me and that never ending line of “I let her win”?

Your ego.
she scoffs.

See. You can’t fool me with those cheap lines and twisted ‘facts’, Bree. All this is to you is another thing for your ego. Something else you can brag. I mean… Here we are… the place where, not too long ago, you threw the ‘Boston Bree Party’ for yourself, didn’t you?

But to me? This is not about my ego. This isn’t about money or gold or anything like that. This is about refusing to let our dream die – the dream of Regan and myself. Of defining this division! Of leaving it better than when we started!
impassioned, Selena slams a hand against a nearby rope.

And I know it’s going to take everything Glory and I have to make that happen. All of her experience and my abilities – it’s going to take every ounce of will we have just to get past Jordan and Cookie – something magical for two women that have never tag-teamed before to somehow figure it all out. And then, after that, we’re going to have to dig deeper still and have some kernel of will left to take you and Andrew Raynes on. 

Slowly, Selena turns back into the ring. But no matter what, Bree… no matter what you say, who you pay off, who you call in for favours, or how many holidays or names you twist around to tack on ‘Bree’ to it – I will NOT let you take a thing away from Regan, from David or from me tonight. 

Because you can’t.

Slowly, Selena looks down at the prints on her wrestling pants, once more placing a hand over one of them. Regan is as much with me tonight as if she were standing in this ring right now. And I know what she would say. I know what she would want me to do.

She’s want me to wipe that egotistical smirk off your bitchy face, Bree. She’d want me to say to you that she and I have earned our place here. Earned our scars. Paid our dues. And I… we… will refuse to die quietly.

And with Glory Braddock, quiet will be damn near impossible anyway. We are going to end this night – this league – on our terms. Loud. Proud. And sending you back to the locker room with your tail between your legs and your head straight up Andrew Raynes’ ass!

Taking a moment, Selena looks away to the crowdless stands before turning back to the camera. Because I’ll remind you of one last thing, Bree. Something you’re not quite grasping just yet. There’s a reason people fear me in tournaments, Bree. There’s a reason I’ve won every kind of tournament there is to win in SCW. There’s a reason I have those accolades and you don’t.

That’s the fundamental difference between you and me, Bree. Between you and Regan. Between you and Glory – and trust me, it’s just as true when you compare us to the other three teams but you, it’s most of all. You just want a pretty new belt to add to the two you have. You just want something else to brag about.

You want…

I need.
her tone grows sharper, angrier.

I need to see this through. I need to finish this once and for all. I NEED to end this. I NEED to win this! You hear me?! For me! For them! For REGAN!!!

Selena’s voice echoes, the name of her Frozen Hell partner echoing through the empty arena as she stands in the middle of the ring.

As I said, Bree. SCW deserves better. 
The tag titles deserves better. 
Regan deserves better.

You?
a knowing smirk crosses the Snow Queen’s features as she glances down at her wrestling pants.

Well… you deserve to have your night end… in a total CATastrophe.

Believe it, bitch.

The camera fades on that scene. Selena, dressed in the colors of her sister, ready to allow Frozen Hell’s journey through this league to, finally, have it’s deserved ending.
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
SCW Television Champion

The following is Glory's rp, posted in proper order for easier reading.

https://glorybraddock.blogspot.com/2021/...0.html?m=0
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
SCW Television Champion

OOC: I know the tag league has gotten a lot of shit, but this was a fun ride for me and Jon. Or at least for me dragging Jon kicking and screaming with me. I hope someone out there enjoyed the crazy stuff we did on this journey. Best of luck to everyone.

Breakdown 2/11/2021
[Image: JORDAN1.png]
Didn't think this would get written, but here we are. 

When this tag league started, the first person I approached was Joel asking him if he wanted to team Jordan with Cookie. He wasn't sure at first but it was certainly something I wanted to do as I felt it would help cement their friendship more. That said I have enjoyed this team and hopefully it will extend further after this tournament ends. But I'll cross that bridge when i come to it.

May the best teams win and all that jazz. 

011 - Cookie & her FANTABULOUS Adventure within the COOKIEVERSE
[Image: ZbBQHbf.png]
fuck my life

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bxxU...sp=sharing
[Image: TYqRxdI.png]

Accolades
Official Host of Taking Hold of the Flame 2019
Official Host of The Worlds Best Tag Team Tournament 2020
SCW TV Champion x1
Runner up in 2020 World Tag League