Lyza Reyes & Devin Brando vs. Ace Marshall & Autumn Valentine

SCW World Tag Team Championship Number One Contendership

Tables Match

4 RP limit for tag

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, May 19, 2021
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
Busy week this week. Could only manage one RP, so I chose this one because of all the fun ideas we have. We finally get Lexy's master plan from last RP revealed... but what could it be?  

Enjoy.

Life in Seasons
Book Two, Chapter Nineteen
[Image: syren2021.png]

Always a blast, folks.
ooc:  Not my best, but I didn't want to no-show. 

-

At this point, am I even trying? That’s a fun question to ask when I catch myself on the surveillance monitor at a Speedway gas station. With half my face covered, a body language expert may be able to spot my “customer-service” gaze as I patiently wait for the cashier to count my change in front of me before handing it over with a receipt. 

Inside, I’m a hot mess, yet that wasn’t something Skylar with the Monroe piercing needed to know. For a split second, I contemplated purchasing a hot dog that’s been rotating on the grill for who knows how long. “There’s enough damage on the outside, don’t add to it,” I thought to myself, looking away. I may make a self-deprecating joke here and there, but I didn’t dislike myself that much, thankfully. Maybe I’m being too harsh. Maybe I need to stop and smell the roses, you know, the ones that Mr. Klein didn’t get at his sudden burial. 

“Have yourself a nice day,” the cashier says, closing the register. 

“May yours be better,” I say, exiting the store. 

Even though I wasn’t the one to actually do the deed, I have played a role in it. In a fucked up way, there was a time where Klein had come off as that professor or work supervisor you didn’t like but needed to be in good graces with. There were times he had made an effort to convince me that I was making a difference at Stolzen. I was more than a test subject and would save many. He wasn’t necessarily lying, but the so-called difference I was making was in the wallets of the shareholders and board of executives. 

I guess the important question here is, “now what?” An essential player was taken down. We are beyond the novelty of a cat and mouse game. I guess I’ll have to see if I can make it to Mexico City first. It wouldn’t hurt to touch base with a few entrepreneurial contacts from the Distrito Federal. 

Making a full stop at a red light, a key contributor in all of this comes to mind. “Damnit, Devin,” I say to myself. I mean, I did tell him that I understood his actions in Edmonton. He wouldn’t strike unless provoked and boy was that the case! Whatever Stolzen’s employees have put us through recently will only worsen and I am on edge. This isn’t something that can be forgotten about, and there are no words that can provide any comfort at this time. I curse under my breath and deal with whatever comes along next, with or without him. In all honesty, I would be the last person to judge him, and instead, relate. 

-

May 17, 2021
Hotel Condesa
Mexico City, Mexico
Off Camera

Showing up in Mexico was special for Lyza Reyes given the positive reception she’s had whenever she was scheduled for competition. She had a way of reaching the Latino market that was charming, given her ability to speak Spanish fluently and overall managing to make a connection. Naturally, she was an easy choice with respect to being tasked to make several media appearances, including Fox Deportes (Sports) through video conferencing. 

At the studio, the host, Giselle Zarur is seen standing next to an LED screen showcasing one half of team Doom & Groove, Lyza Reyes. The ring light is seen on her eyes as she looks into the camera on her MacBook. She has managed to get through the usual questions expected from a sports-themed program. A few laughs and jokes were shared as the New Yorker goes on to tell the reporter that putting her coworkers through tables wasn’t necessarily in her game plan. 

“No creo que hay un padre que mira a su hijo, y les diga que algún día van a poner a la gente en las mesas, pero aquí es donde estamos.” (I don’t think a parent looks at their child and tells them that they’re going to put people through tables, but this is where we’re at.) 

Giselle chuckles, looking at the screen that is now split between the SCW talent and a clip of Ace Marshall going through a table. “¿Qué consejo tienes para los que aspiran a convertirse en luchadores algún día?” (What advice do you have for aspiring wrestlers?) 

This question will often come up at least once a year, and anyone that follows Lyza enough will have noticed that the answer is somewhat different than the previous one. She started off with responses that may have been taken from the page of an inspirational poet, but with time she now manages to say, “El dolor y los moretones es de menos.” she says with a smirk. (Pain and bruises are the least of your worries.)

“Muchas gracias a Lyza por tomarse el tiempo para charlar conmigo. Si desea ver a esta estrella en acción, ¡sintonice Breakdown este miércoles por la noche!” (Thank you, Lyza for taking the time to chat. If you wish to see this star in action, tune in to Breakdown this Wednesday night!) Giselle steps to the side, waving to Lyza as the show cuts to a commercial break.

As soon as she disconnects from the web conference call, Lyza shuts off the MacBook. She gets up from her chair, reaching for her phone and room key before stepping out of the suite. With the remainder of the day off, she decides to stay on the premises, heading several flights up to the rooftop patio. She steps out of the elevator, with the doors opening to a beautiful view of the city ahead. There are small trees and outdoor furniture for guests to lounge on. She goes to make herself on a chaise lounge chair close to the edge of the roof. 

A server walks towards her, handing over a small menu. Without giving it a thorough look, she asks for sparkling water. The server nods, taking mental note of the simple order before making another stop at the party several yards away. 

Alone with her thoughts, it didn’t take long for her to realize that it was only a matter of “when” in terms of Mr. Klein’s demise. What threw her off course, was the premature nature of it. She had envisioned seeing the final encounter in a later season. Of course, Devin threw a monkey wrench into the operation, ultimately further escalating things. She fears for her family more than ever, despite hiring a security team to make their rounds in a discrete manner. 

“Is there anything else I can get for you?” the server asks, placing a glass bottle on the table. 

Lyza looks up at the server, sliding the glass in her direction. “That’s all for now, thank you.” 

The law of retaliation has been applied several times between Stolzen and their patients. Lyza was as collected as she was at the discovery of Klein because this wasn’t her first rodeo, giving Devin assurance she wouldn’t freak out at the gruesome scene. 

She uncaps the bottle and goes to take a swig of the cold beverage. The sounds of a man wincing in pain echoes in her head, a man she encountered over ten years ago at one of Stolzen’s underground facilities. Meeting the culprit responsible for her father’s mysterious passing, she was adamant about striking the man in the kidneys several times. The cause of death on the certificate had indicated kidney failure, giving her all the reason to “return the favor” so that other innocent lives would be spared.