Making it official
Well, now that the show is up and hopefully you have all read (bad Owen) I guess it’s time to announce officially one of the worst kept secrets in SCW history. My retirement from this place

As many of you will know, I’ve been contemplating this for a while, but after twenty plus years in and around this circle it’s been difficult to let go. But now, with Taking Hold of the Flame in the books, I think now is the perfect time to call it a day. Olek has enough on his plate trying to give everyone something heading into that event and I don’t want him to do that for Owen if my heart isn’t going to truly be in it and I end up doing it half assed. Winning THOTF may have given me a burst to get to RTG but it would only have delayed the inevitable. The sad fact of the matter is I really don’t have the energy anymore to dream up these ludicrous storylines I have come up with over the years, and if my Mum dying taught me anything, it’s that time is precious, and at 47 years old there are far more important things to be done than try to compete with what has become a ridiculous standard in this fed. And after THOTF it finally clicked for me, I’d be a lot more entertained watching from afar, so that is exactly what I intend to do.

I’m not going to run down a list of people to thank in case I inadvertently forget someone (old man brain). If you affected or helped me in my efed ‘career’ you’ll know who you are and I won’t need to say. Those that I have worked with, those that I have competed against, and the advice along the way, it’s been more than appreciated. What I will say however is a huge thank you to three people, although two won’t see it, that being Nick, Dave and Olek. When Orlando started out life as a ‘Blade’ gimmick (yes really) I never would have thought he would end up so highly thought of, nor did I believe that Lando, Shaun and Owen would ever have the success they did. Without these three people giving me some amazing storylines, I could never have done it. So huge thanks to them.

Not going to turn this into a long-drawn-out speech (any more than it already is lol) but, this isn’t goodbye, I’ll still be around the forums, and the discord, I ain’t vanishing for good (No sorry Was, I’m not you still owe me that pint lol). And who knows, maybe somewhere down the line I’ll get the urge again, it’s not like we haven’t seen that happen before lol. But more than every before, now seems right. Time to stop putting novel writing before most other things and free up some spare time to live. It’s been a heck of a couple of decade’s guys, and I end by saying a good luck to you all. You really are the best bunch of guys in fedding, and you should be proud of this place we all helped to build with Olek.

Catch you all later.

Chris
[Image: 270041540-258425806375597-7033161467703002046-n.png]
May Little Boy Owen find peace; lol.

I understand bud. I have the same thoughts about the when it all ends. Every year it feels like I counting down the days. I thought that day would be the end of 2020, I'm still here obviously.

Do whats right for you. Not saying goodbye, like you said, you'll still be in the discord and stuff.

Catch you there.