[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
==========
July 15th, 2021
Oklahoma City, OK
Off Camera
==========

The Ford Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma played host to SCW Breakdown this week. It was the final stop before SCW Rise To Greatness, the biggest event on the SCW calendar, and an event that “The British Bombshell” Glory Braddock looks forward to each year. Two years ago she was in the main event of Rise To Greatness challenging for the SCW World Championship. Last year she challenged Peyton Rice successfully to win her first piece of championship gold in SCW, the Adrenaline Championship. And this year she yet again finds herself seeking gold as she faces Xander Valentine, Christy Matthews, and Gavin Taylor for the vacant SCW United States Championship. It seems as if whenever Rise To Greatness comes around, so do the championship opportunities for The British Bombshell. Yet as much as she does want to hold gold again in SCW, merely being a champion isn’t the only goal here for Glory Braddock. The British Bombshell has long sought out new challenges within the company. She wants to test herself against the best the company has to offer, and you can’t ask for a much bigger test than the three opponents she will get at Rise To Greatness.

Now that Breakdown has come to its conclusion, Glory Braddock can officially turn her attention to Rise To Greatness; she has a little over a week to prepare for this great challenge. Braddock will begin her final preparations in earnest as soon as she can return to her home in Miami. In fact, the gorgeous blonde is already packed and ready to leave the Ford Center. Her plans are to spend the night at the hotel and then leave the very next morning back to Miami. But there is one missing piece to the puzzle; her daughter Melinda Braddock.

Melinda completed her wrestling training at the Glenn Braddock Wrestling School but has still spent most of her time overseas in Europe competing on the independent European circuits. Occasionally Melinda will take time off to visit her mother and with this being Rise To Greatness season, Melinda has taken time off to go on the road with her famous mother to watch her and support her in her quest to become SCW United States Champion. Glory enjoys the time she spends with Melinda, especially these past few weeks and months, because Glory felt concerned that she and Melinda were drifting apart. Even Glory’s sister warned her that she and Melinda could forever drift apart from one another. And the person at fault could be none other than Glory herself.

Glory Braddock refuses to let go of a long running feud between her family and the Van Stanton family. This complicates Glory’s relationship with Melinda because Melinda is currently in a serious romantic relationship with Archie Van Stanton, son of Henry Van Stanton. Everyone around Glory, everyone from her sister to Glory’s husband Kurt Logan, have told her that she needs to drop this feud, try to bury the hatchet with the Van Stanton family. But Glory just cannot bring herself to trust them. But the mere fact that holding onto this grudge could permanently drive a wedge between her and her daughter has given Glory pause to reflect. Should she drop it? Should she make peace?

Those are questions for later. For right now she can at least enjoy the company of her daughter and at least pretend everything is ok. But first she needs to find Melinda. The British Bombshell is walking the halls, scanning the backstage area of The Ford Center for her daughter Melinda. Currently she is nowhere in sight.

“Melinda? Mel? Where the hell are you?!” Braddock continues walking in the same direction, scanning the halls for her daughter. Then she feels her cell phone buzzing. Braddock reaches into her pocket and produces her iPhone. The screen indicates a text. She pulls up the text and it is from Melinda. It reads ‘Behind you!’. Braddock spins around and is met immediately by her daughter.

“Boo!” Melinda leaps up and nearly tackles her mother down but Glory manages to stay on her feet. Mother and daughter both share a hearty laugh.

“Bloody hell! Are you trying to give me a heart attack, love?” Glory asks. Melinda is giggling uncontrollably. She shakes her head.

“Nah! Just wanted to surprise ya, that’s all!”

“You damn sure surprised me, love. Scared me half to death, at that. But it’s ok, I could use a good scare every now and then, I suppose.”

“True. And besides, I am helping you!” Melinda proudly declares.

“How do you figure that, love?”

“Simple; I am just a little girl and I managed to get the jump on you. At Rise To Greatness you will have three opponents all at once.” Melinda shakes her head in a mockingly scolding manner. “You will need to do better than that if you want to be champion, mom.”

“Look, that’s a little different situation and you know it. Besides, you’re not exactly a ‘little girl’ any longer, now are you? You have spent a year now, is it? Or more than that training? Which is it?”

“Little more than a year, I think.”

“Yeah, over a year you spent overseas, basically on your own, training to be a wrestler in your grandfather’s own wrestling school.”

“I had Aunt Chastity. I wouldn’t say I was on my own.”

“Don’t be so bloody modest. You did this on your own and you earned it. You are now a wrestler in your right. You have grown up and I can honestly say that I am damn proud of you, Melinda Alexis Braddock.”

There is a tear in Glory’s eye as she says this; there is a tear in Melinda’s eye as well. Mother and daughter meet and embrace in a tight hug. Upon breaking the hug Glory kisses her on her cheek.

“Thanks, mom.” Melinda says, blushing furiously. “And you’re right, I have had to grow up pretty quickly in order to earn this. And having said that, I wanted to show you something.”

Melinda reaches into her pocket and produces a small case, one that typically contains some sort of jewelry. She opens the tiny case and sure enough a diamond ring is inside. Glory’s eyes grow wide as she admires the diamond. Then The British Bombshell takes her eyes off the diamond and looks back at her daughter.

“Beautiful diamond, Mel.”

“I agree. It is gorgeous.”

“What’s the occasion?”

“Well you know that Archie and I flew back in from England so that I could travel with you during the last leg of the Rise To Greatness season. Well that evening after we got back to Miami he gave me the diamond and asked me to marry him.”

“He proposed?” Glory’s eyes grow wide. Melinda nods her head in confirmation.

“Yeah…” her voice trails off. Glory has to pause for a moment to let it sink in. The gravity of the situation is enormous. Glory realizes that she and Melinda have had some tense moments over the Van Stanton family. Glory hates them and yet Melinda is dating one. It was awkward enough that Glory Braddock was refusing to drop this bitter feud when her own daughter was dating a Van Stanton, but now a marriage proposal is on the table? Melinda could become a Van Stanton herself? The British Bombshell isn’t sure how to respond to this news. She asks the one and only question that she can think of, the most obvious question that comes to mind for a moment like this.

“So, uh, what did you say?”

“Look, mom, I am not stupid. I know you have been real supportive of me and you have been real polite around Archie. I appreciate all of that. But I can tell that you still hate Archie’s dad and uncle, you still don’t trust Archie. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure you out, mom, and I knew that agreeing to marry him would drive you nuts. So I didn’t give him an answer. I told him I needed more time to think about it.” Melinda sighs deeply. “Honestly, I just wanted to talk to you first. I wanted to make sure you would be ok with this.”

“I admit that I am surprised you didn’t say yes…”

“Why? You’re my mom and I respect you and love you too much to do something like that.”

“Maybe, but you are also a grown woman now. You can make your own decisions and I can tell how much you love Archie. You do love him, don’t you?”

“I love him more than anything you can imagine, mom.”

Glory Braddock stares into her daughter’s eyes. She can tell just by gazing deep into those eyes that Melinda is being sincere. A low chuckle escapes Glory’s mouth. Melinda furrows her brow out of curiosity. “What is it? What’s funny?”

“When I dated Randall Williams, the man who would become my first husband, my dad hated him. He hated him because he was an American. Your grandfather wanted his daughter to marry someone with English heritage and roots.”

“What happened?”

“Ultimately I told him in so many words that Randall was a good man and that I could have a relationship with anyone I wanted, regardless of if he approved. It took my father a bit to get used to it but he finally came around and grew to accept it. He grew to drop his old prejudices.” Glory smiles down at her daughter Melinda. “Maybe it is time that I dropped my old prejudices?”

“What are you saying, mom? You have no prejudices?”

“I do have them; I don’t like Archie simply because his last name is Van Stanton. How much more prejudiced can you get? And for what? Archie’s grandfather ended your grandfather’s wrestling career. They were both wrestlers and it wasn’t like he was actively trying to give him a career ending injury; it was an accident. The only bad thing Henry did to me was convince my company’s board of directors to take power away from me and give it to him. But his motives were pure, he was legitimately concerned that I was not of sound mind to run the company. How many times have I done terrible things with the best of intentions? I would be a hypocrite for holding that against Henry.”

“What about Archie’s uncle?”

“Mason? Mason IS scum of the earth and there is no redeeming him.” Braddock smirks. “But other than that, I see no reason to continue holding onto this grudge.” Glory reaches out and places a hand on her daughter’s shoulder. “You never needed to ask me for my blessing, but since it means this much to you, you have my blessing to accept Archie’s marriage proposal.”

“Thanks, mom!” Melinda embraces Glory in a tight hug. “You are the best! I love you!”

“I love you too, Mel.”

It feels as if a great weight has been lifted off of Glory’s shoulders. No longer is the cloud of this bitter rivalry weighing her down and filling her mind with doubt and concern. For the first time in a long time, things look bright for Glory Braddock and her family.

==========
July 18th, 2021
Miami, Florida
Off Camera
==========

Romeo & Juliet, a Shakespearean tragedy about lovers torn apart by a bitter family rivalry, ended with both Romeo and Juliet committing suicide. The infamous story of the Hatfields and McCoy feud also included a trail of bloodshed and dead bodies all over the Kentucky and West Virginia areas of the United States. For a long time it seemed as if Glory Braddock was determined to follow in the path of the Hatfields, the McCoys, the Capulets, and the Montagues in continuing her own bitter rivalry with the Van Stanton family. Despite the fact that her own sister had made peace with them and despite the fact that Glory’s own daughter had began dating Archie Van Stanton, The British Bombshell still seemed to stubbornly refuse to at least attempt to make peace herself and end the feud.

That all came to an end a few days ago when Melinda Braddock dropped a bombshell; Archie Van Stanton had got an engagement ring and proposed to Melinda. The revelation that Archie could become her son in law shook Braddock to her core in a good way. She finally recognized that she needed to make peace with this new reality, she needed to make peace with the Van Stantons, and if she didn’t she risked driving her own daughter away from her. Would it be difficult? Of course, trusting a family who has been at war with you for so long would be difficult for anyone. But Glory is willing to do anything for her daughter and she is willing to do anything to make peace.

Perhaps this story will not end as tragically as the Hatfields and McCoys or that of Romeo and Juliet? It would certainly appear that way, and one would need look no further than this scene on the 18th of July in Miami, Florida. Gathered around the dining room table inside the home of Glory Braddock and Kurt Logan are Glory and Kurt and a few guests; their daughter Melinda Braddock and future son in law Archie Van Stanton, Archie’s parents Henry and Autumn Van Stanton, and even Archie’s uncle Mason Van Stanton.

Yes, the same Mason Van Stanton who has been a thorn in the side of Glory Braddock for years and years is sitting in her dining room, sharing drinks with the rest of the family as they discuss wedding plans for Melinda and Archie. Even Glory herself finds it hard to believe that this is actually happening.

“St. Christopher in Birmingham would be a nice place to host the wedding.” Comes the voice of Glory Braddock. Henry nods his head in agreement.

“It is a beautiful place. Archie, Melinda, and I went to see it while we were overseas working with your sister.”

“But you and Melinda are Catholic now.” Kurt points out.

“I know but the church can shove it. Melinda is the one getting married and I know she has always dreamed of getting married in England, in one of the many churches her grandfather used to attend.”

“The church can shove it, eh?” Kurt chuckles. “You sound like your father.”

“Yeah, well dad would turn over in his grave if he knew his granddaughter would get married anywhere else but in a Church of England parish.”

“Glenn always was a bit overly patriotic, wasn’t he?” Henry says, chiming in. Glory nods her head.

“Yes, I must admit that he was a bit overzealous in his love of his home country. I’m not sure he ever did like my first husband Randall [Williams] but at least he grew to accept it. By the time Kurt came around he mellowed out a little and accepted that not all Americans were jerks.”

“But most are.” Mason says with a smirk. Autumn, henry’s wife, turns and elbows him hard in the rib, causing him to yelp.

“Actually, I don’t think I want to get married in St. Christopher.” Melinda says. This causes everyone’s eyes to turn towards her and Archie. “It is a beautiful place but I have been doing a lot of thinking and a lot has changed since the days of my grandfather and Archie’s grandfather. Granddad for a long time hated America and most Americans got on his nerves, but in his final days he lived with mom here in Miami. He once held such a grudge against Archie’s grandfather, a grudge that continued until just a few days ago. And granddad’s devotion to England was so enormous that it did include his love of the Church of England. But mom and I are both converted Catholics.”

“Like I said, your grandfather would be rolling over in his bloody grave.” Glory says while laughing. Melinda nods her head.

“Maybe, but since all of us have contributed to these major changes in our respective lives, I think we should continue with the changes. I want to get married in St. James.”

“St. James as in the Catholic Parish?”

“Yes.” Melinda answers, nodding her head.

“That would work out for us, we are Catholic already.” Henry states.

“Is that what you want, Mel?” Glory asks.

“Yes, that is what I want.”

“Catholic, not Catholic, doesn’t matter to me. I’m atheist.” Mason says, smirking devilishly. This brings about another swat from Henry’s wife Autumn. “What was that for?!”

“You’re being an asshole.” Autumn says, scolding her brother in law. Mason chuckles.

“No I’m not. I’m just trying to liven up the mood.” He rises up from the table and slowly starts to walk around. “I mean, think about what young Melinda just said, this grudge started not be my father Thomas Van Stanton but by Glory’s stubbornly monstrous father Glenn Braddock is what started this whole so-called feud.”

Mason approaches Glory. Glory stands up and gets nose to nose with him. “Let’s be perfectly clear, Glory, my father never disliked your father. He never held a grudge. Hell, he looked up to him much like most of the other morons who loved Glenn Braddock. He went into a deep depression when he learned that he was the one responsible for ending Glenn’s wrestling career. But Glenn’s anger and resentment caused you and your sister to hate him for it, and in turn hate myself and my brother for no other reason than our last names.”

“Mason, do NOT do this!” Henry starts to approach his younger brother in an attempt to stop him but Mason doesn’t stop.

“Henry didn’t deserve any of the crap he got from you. But me? Yeah, maybe I did deserve it. I deserved it because I looked at what happened to Glenn at the hands of my own father and realized, hell, maybe I can finish the job? Maybe I could derail the entire Braddock legacy. I am no saint, Glory, I do not pretend to be, and we will never ever be on the same page, let alone be friends, but I do agree that the time to put an end to this war is now.” Mason extends a hand out to Glory. “Believe it or not, I am capable of human emotion. And that young man over there, that is my nephew, I do want what is best for him.”

Braddock stares at Mason’s outstretched hand for a long tense moment. Eventually she does accept the handshake. “It’s good to hear you say that, mate. I don’t trust you, I may never trust you, but I do believe you want what’s best for Archie.”

“The feeling is mutual.” Mason says with a smirk on his face. “Now, as an olive branch of sorts could you perhaps lift that ridiculous ban and let me manage again in your promotion?”

“I’ll think about it.”

“Fair enough.” Mason says as he releases his grip and turns and walks back to his chair. As soon as he sits down Glory turns her attention to the rest of the room and sighs.

“Look, I know I haven’t always been the easiest person to get along with. I have strong convictions, I have a strong moral compass, I know what I think is right and wrong, and I will die for those convictions if I have to. There were times I felt I had to defend my family honor, there were times I felt I had to defend the sport of professional wrestling, but today I realize that what’s most important is my daughter Melinda. I need to swallow my pride and realize that I am not always right, and even if I am right that doesn’t mean Melinda has to go along with whatever I say. She is allowed to create her own path and follow it, even if it isn’t the exact path I would have chosen for her.” She points to Henry, Mason, and Autumn. “I’m sure you three had your own strong feelings the moment you realized that your son was dating a Braddock.”

“I’d be lying if I said that weren’t.” Henry says, nodding his head.

“Today is the day we put our children first. We put our children ahead of ourselves and any of our petty differences. It’s the only fair thing to do.”

“Here, here,” Henry says as he holds up his glass which contains wine “in fact, I offer a toast, to Melinda and Archie, may this engagement and eventual wedding be a glorious one.”

“Agreed.” Glory says as she takes her glass and clinks it with Henry’s and everyone else’s glasses. Everyone drinks up and then that’s when Glory takes her seat. After everyone has had time to sip Kurt is next to speak.

“So what’s next?”

“A lot, quite frankly. Choosing a best man, maid of honor, groomsmen, brides maids, on and on and on, so many choices to make…” Henry says, his voice trailing off.

“But the good news is that we have plenty of time.” Melinda says cheerfully. “St. James won’t do the service for at least another six months. They want time to meet with us for counseling, preparation, and other stuff like that.”

“But what do WE do next?” Kurt asks again, putting an extra emphasis upon the word ‘we’.

“Not much love,” Glory starts “unless…” a wry grin forms on your face.

“I know that look. You have an idea.”

“Always. Since we are celebrating a new beginning how about we take Henry and Autumn out to dinner tonight?”

“What about Mason?” Kurt asks.

“What about him? I don’t like him.”

“Glory!” Kurt exclaims, somewhat surprised. But Henry nods his head in agreement.

“I don’t like him either, and he’s my brother.”

“Besides, he can stay behind with Melinda and Archie.” Glory looks over at Henry. “I want this to be a night for the parents of the bride and the parents of the groom to put an end to a dark chapter in our lives and celebrate a bright new beginning of a new chapter in our lives.”

==========
July 18th, 2021
Miami, Florida
Off Camera
==========

It is dark in Miami, Florida, late in the evening several hours after the Braddock family met and had a peacemaking of sorts with the Van Stanton family in advance of the future wedding of Melinda Braddock and Archie Van Stanton. The big surprise of it all perhaps was Glory Braddock herself. She is one of the primary players responsible for keeping the Braddock and Van Stanton feud going for so long, all because she refused to let go of the grudge she held against them. But in a symbolic gesture of burying the hatchet, a token goodwill offering if you will, Glory suggested that she and Kurt take Henry Van Stanton and his wife Autumn on a night on the town in Miami. The night went off without a hitch and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. It was almost as if there never had been a feud to begin with.

Kurt is driving and Henry is up front with him. Their wives, Glory and Autumn, are sitting in the back. Big smiles are upon their faces and it isn’t just a simple fact of the enjoyment they had tonight. It is also a sense of relief that all of them are feeling; relief and joy at what the future holds for their children.

“I had heard that you were a good karaoke singer but I didn’t believe it until I saw it tonight.” Henry says. Glory nods her head.

“Yeah well you should see what her karaoke is like when she’s drunk.”

“Hush it, Kurt!” Glory exclaims. Henry and Kurt both laugh and, despite herself, Glory does too.

“You were good, Glory.” Autumn remarks, patting her hand. “And thanks for tonight, this was great.”

“Not a problem, mate. It’s just as I said, this is a celebration. We are celebrating the end to that bloody ridiculous feud that I held onto like the stubborn bitch I am and we are celebrating the bright new beginning that our children, Melinda and Archie, are bringing to us.”

“Don’t beat yourself up, Glory. It wasn’t all on your head. My brother admitted that he wanted to hurt you and your family. And me? I didn’t help matters either.”

Braddock reaches out and places her hand on Henry’s shoulder. “No, you didn’t. Did you have good intentions? Yes, I admit that you did. I needed psychiatric help at the time and I wasn’t listening. So when I did get help and I did get better, you had every reason to doubt me.”

“But I should have talked to you about it instead of siding with my brother.”

“Yeah, you’re right.” Glory nods her head. “But that’s all water under the bridge. It’s in the past. And you know what? I forgive you for that. Just as my sister has forgiven you. Tonight we focus on the future, alright?”

Henry nods his head. “Right.”

Glory sits back in the seat next to Autumn. The car ride is silent for the next few minutes as they draw closer and closer to Glory and Kurt’s neighborhood in Miami. Eventually the silence is broken, not by anyone from inside the vehicle but from sounds coming from outside. These are sounds of sirens off in the distance. Police sirens to be exact. These sirens immediately raise up alarm bells for the driver, Kurt Logan.

“That’s police I’m hearing, right?”

“I think so.” Henry says, nodding in agreement. “Where are they coming from?”

“I don’t like this.” Glory says, shaking her head. “They’re getting louder the closer we get to the house.”

As the car continues its drive towards Glory and Kurt’s Miami home the police sirens do get louder. Eventually Kurt can see a police car in his rear view mirror coming up with his lights flashing and sirens going loudly. Kurt slows down and pulls over to allow the police car to pass him.

“Where is he going?” Kurt asks.

“It looks like he’s going towards our home.”

Kurt is now beginning to get just as concerned as Glory but he doesn’t show it, he has to be strong and drive. He continues driving down the road towards their home. Henry and Autumn both remain silent, both with looks of concern on their faces. The concern grows as they approach the Braddock home and they can see police cars, ambulances, and other emergency personnel parked out front.

“My God! That’s our home!” Glory exclaims. “Let me out…”

Just wait.” Kurt says.

“Stop and let me out!”

“Wait, damn it!” Kurt exclaims loudly. The car comes to a stop. Glory swings her door open wildly and violently and runs over towards the home. Before she can get there she is stopped by a police officer.

“Ma’am, you can’t come any further.”

“You have to let me in!”

“This is a crime scene, ma’am.”

“I own that home! My daughter is in there!”

“Ma’am, please calm down.”

“Where is my daughter, damn you?!” Glory shouts angrily as she scans the area for any signs of Melinda or even Archie. Eventually she sees the EMS people guiding two stretchers, each with someone on the stretcher, towards the ambulances. Glory’s eyes grow wide with fear as tears begin to flow freely.

“NOOOOO!!!!!”

Glory’s wails can be heard throughout the night. Kurt rushes up behind his wife and grips her tightly in a hug. He dares not let her see his face, or she would see that he too is crying. Henry and Autumn are holding tightly onto one another as well. All four of them are crying. This cannot be happening. On the day that peace was made between the two families, a nightmare has seemingly come to pass. Hell has destroyed the heaven they thought that they had created.
[Image: qyA5u6K.png]
SCW World Champion 1x
SCW United States Champion 1x
SCW Adrenaline Champion 1x
SCW Television Champion 1x
SCW World Tag Team Champion 1x (w/Brittany Lohan)
Supreme Champion
2019 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Regan Street & Kellen Jeffries)
2020 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Ace Marshall & David Helms)
https://scwexecutioner.wordpress.com/202...ke-a-hole/
[Image: xanderforumbanner22.png]

Emptiness is filling me
To the point of agony
Growing darkness taking dawn
I was me, but now he's gone

Xander Valentine
W-L-D
Overall: 134-44-8
Singles: 120-35-8
Tag: 13-8-0

Accomplishments
- 3x SCW World Champion
- 2x SCW United States Champion
- 1x SCW Underground Champion
- Conquered the Thunderdome
- Main Evented Rise to Greatness (2005,2007)
- SCW Hall of Fame 2009
- 2005 SCW Male Wrestler of the Year
 - 2006 SCW Male Wrestler of the Year
- 2006 SCW Match of the Year (Elimination Chamber)
-  2007 SCW Stable of the Year (New Blood Rebellion)
- 2012 SCW Return of the Year
- 2012 SCW Match of the Year (RTG12, Vs. Shawn Winters)
- 2014 SCW Return of the Year
- 2019 SCW Feud of the Year (Xander Valentine vs. Selena Frost)
- 2019 SCW Match of the Year (Under Attack 2019, Selena Frost vs. Xander Valentine, Unsanctioned Empty Arena Match)
- 2021 Trios Tournament Winner
- 2022 SCW Co-Male Wrestler of the Year (Shared with Adam Allocco)
- 2022 SCW Shocking Moment of the Year (Xander Valentine returns and attacks Adam Allocco)

==========
July 19th, 2021
Miami, Florida
Off Camera
==========

Sunday was supposed to be a glorious, wonderful day in the history of the Braddock family. Glory’s daughter, Melinda, had accepted a marriage proposal from her longtime boyfriend Archie Van Stanton. This relationship, which at one point had seemed like an impossibility due the raging feud between the two families, had not only blossomed to the point that a wedding would occur but that the feud itself would finally be put to rest. It was a feud that spanned two generations of Braddocks and Van Stantons, and it was the third generation that would bring it to an end. Even Glory Braddock herself, who was one of the most stubborn about the feud, one of the last to let go of the hard and bitter feelings leftover from the feud, was thrilled and relieved that the war with the Van Stanton family had finally ended.

Yes, Sunday was supposed to be an absolutely wonderful day for the Braddock and Van Stanton families. Instead what started out as a wonderfully glorious day turned into an absolute hell on earth. Glory Braddock and her husband Kurt Logan had offered to take Melinda’s future in-laws, Henry and Autumn Van Stanton out on the town in Miami. When they returned home they found police and other emergency medical personnel on the scene. The Miami home of Glory Braddock and Kurt Logan had been turned into a crime scene and the two victims were none other than the future couple Melinda Braddock and Archie Van Stanton.

The British Bombshell sits in a waiting room, in complete denial about what has happened. It was very early in the morning, just a few hours after she arrived home and saw the scene. Police wouldn’t let her onto the scene initially; besides, she wanted to be with her daughter. So she rushed to the hospital, following the ambulance. Braddock still isn’t certain of what happened. It still remains a mystery. Yet as much as she wants answers she wants to know about the condition of her daughter. That is first and foremost on her mind.

Her husband, Kurt Logan, is sitting next to her and has a comforting arm around her shoulder. He is doing his best to maintain his composure and look strong for Glory’s sake but even he is having difficulty keeping his cool. Melinda is his step-daughter, not biological daughter, but he loves Melinda as if she were his own. This is as devastating to Kurt as it is devastating to The British Bombshell.

“What the hell is wrong with Melinda?! Why won’t they say anything?!” Glory exclaims loudly and angrily. This garners the attention of a few passersby. Kurt quietly hushes his wife, despite the fact that he does partially agree with her sentiment.

“They’re doing the best that they can.”

“Bullshit!” Glory exclaims. “They could do more! The least they could do is tell me what’s wrong with her?! Like, why the hell did I come home to see a crime scene?! What happened to my daughter?!”

“I…uh,” Kurt shakes his head “...I don’t know. I honestly don’t know.”

“We should know something, damn it! Our daughter is back there fighting for her life!”

“So is Archie!” Kurt points out. “Have you seen or heard from Henry or Autumn?”

“No, no I haven’t. And what about Mason?! He was supposed to be there looking out for them?! Where the hell was he?!”

Kurt shrugs his shoulders, as he does not have an answer to that or any question right now. Kurt squeezes Glory tightly, hoping this will comfort her. He suspects nothing will comfort her right now at this moment. Just then they hear strong, thudding footsteps. They look up to see none other than Mason Van Stanton himself not too far away. He appears angry and is trying to storm off in a huff.

“Mason!” Glory shouts, calling out after him. He stops and turns to glare at Glory and Kurt. The eyes are filled with anger and hatred. What Glory cannot tell is if the anger and hatred is directed at them or not. After last night’s incident, anything is possible. But he was in much brighter spirits before any of this.

Mason Van Stanton then shakes his head and continues to walk away. Kurt is about to go after him but they are stopped when a man in a black suit approaches. “Mrs. Braddock? Mr. Logan?”

“Yes…” Glory answers. The man then holds up a badge.

“I’m Detective Reynolds of the Miami Police Department.” He motions to an empty seat next to Glory and Kurt. “May I have a seat? I would like to talk to you about what happened tonight.”

“Sure.” Glory finally feels a sense of relief in that at least she may finally get some answers from this detective. Detective Reynolds sits down.

“Do you know why this…” the detective cannot even get his question out before Glory begins ranting again.

“I don’t even know what happened, yet! I was just out with my husband some friends and we came home to find my home has been turned into a crime scene! I see my daughter and her fiance being loaded onto ambulances! And when I tried to get answers your police wouldn’t let me in!”

“Well I apologize for that, ma’am. What I can tell you right now is that this was a home invasion. A young woman and a young man were both shot. Some valuables were taken.”

“My god…” Glory’s voice trails off as the worst possible scenario enters her mind “...are they...how they doing?”

“I haven’t spoken to the doctors yet, ma’am. Can you tell me the names of the two victims?”

“Melinda Braddock is my daughter. Archie Van Stanton is her fiance. Do you know who did it?”

The detective shakes his head. “Not yet, ma’am. Do you know of anyone who would want to harm you, your daughter, or Archie?”

“I admit that I have made a few enemies in my business dealings. Matthew Alan has always held a grudge against me for buying his company out from under him. Ronald Duane Kennedy doesn’t like me because I managed to buy out a modeling agency that he wanted all for himself. Meagan Collins probably blames me for her current incarceration. But she doesn’t have the means right now to come after me, and I can’t imagine either Matthew or Kennedy taking the chance to come after me.”

“We will look into them, Ms. Braddock.” Detective Reynolds says as he scribbles notes on his notepad. “Can you think of anyone else?”

“Just…” she sighs and shakes her head “...no one.”

“What? What were you about to say?”

“Nothing, it’s just…the Van Stanton Family and my family had been feuding for a couple of generations now. But we had buried the hatchet. We ended the feud. My daughter is supposed to marry their son. They wouldn’t do a thing like this.”

“We’ll look into all of this, ma’am.” The detective writes some more notes down. “Thank you for your help. We promise to get the people who did this.”

“Thank you, detective.” Glory says. Detective Reynolds turns and walks away. Glory turns back to look at her husband Kurt. “They got shot?”

“It could just be a home invasion gone wrong.” Kurt suggests.

“I hope you’re right. I really do. Over the past couple of years I have been dealing with this crap too damn much; from Matthew Alan and his criminal connections to Kennedy and his manipulations and deceptions, and Meagan Collins who will do absolutely anything to get what she wants. I just can’t handle this anymore.” She shakes her head. “I can’t…”

“Uh, Glory? Something you told the detective got me to thinking; you don’t actually think the Van Stantons had anything to do with this, do you?”

“No way.” Glory shakes her head. “Archie got hurt in this attack just like Melinda. Even if they did still hold negative feelings towards me, would they really risk one of their own just to get at me?”

“I know, I know, it makes no sense. It’s just that...that cold stare Mason gave us earlier...”

“Yeah, I know. I have no idea what to make of that…” Glory shakes her head “...I don’t know what to make of any of this.”

“It’s ok, Glory.” Kurt leans over and kisses her on the cheek. “I’m sure there’s an explanation for all of this.”

“I know, but right now I just want to see my daughter.” Glory says, wiping tears that are forming in her eyes. Then she is startled by the sounds of loud sobbing. She stands up and approaches a door. She looks inside and sees down the hall stands Henry Van Stanton and his wife Autumn. They are holding one another tightly and both appear to crying uncontrollably. Braddock is stunned but doesn’t say anything. She knows that this isn’t a good sign. Not a good sign at all.

“Mrs. Braddock?” Glory turns around and finds a middle aged man in scrubs standing there a few feet away. He must have just entered the waiting room. Kurt stands up next to his wife as the doctor approaches. “I am Doctor Yana.”

“What’s wrong with my daughter?”

“Your daughter is resting right now. She sustained several injuries but she will pull through.”

“Thank God!” This is the first piece of good news that Glory has heard ever since this nightmare began. A sense of relief comes washing over her. But that sense of relief slowly comes to an end when Kurt asks a question she hadn’t even thought to ask…

“What about Archie?”

“The young man…” Doctor Lang sighs “...we did all we could. I’m sorry.”

“That’s...that’s horrible…” Glory says, her voice trails off as she realizes the enormity of what happened. This is why Henry and Autumn were sobbing.

“Can we go see our daughter?”

“Of course; your daughter is just outside that door, to the right, and the fourth room on the left. But just for a little while. She needs her rest.”

“Thank you, Doctor.”

The doctor turns and walks away. Kurt pulls Glory in close and embraces her with a tight hug. “Melinda is going to be fine…”

“But poor Archie.” Glory says. “This wasn’t how it was supposed to end. Not like this!”

“I know.” Kurt nods his head. “I know.”

Kurt clasps his wife’s hand tightly and guides her slowly out of the waiting room and down the hall. They see that to get to Melinda’s room they have to walk past the grieving Van Stanton family, who no doubt have already been told the bad news about Archie. This is indicative based upon their extreme emotional state right now. They are inconsolable. Glory and Kurt approach Henry and Autumn slowly.

“Henry, Autumn, we are so sorry.” Glory says quietly.

“Yeah, we are sorry. If there’s anything we can do…”

“Thanks but…” Henry is fighting back the tears as he shakes his head “...there really isn’t much to do. We were supposed to be planning a wedding. Now we’re planning a funeral.”

“Do you…” Autumn tries to speak but she is also having difficult to talk through the tears “...do you know what happened?”

Glory shakes her head. “The police aren’t saying much, I will put it that way. If they have any leads, they’re not telling me anything. But what about Mason? I saw him walking out under his own power, completely unharmed. How did he escape unscathed?”

“Mason…” Henry growls with a hint of anger “...I blame him for this.”

“Why?”

“It’s his fault!” Henry exclaims, storming away angrily. This leaves Autumn there alone. Glory and Kurt share confused expressions on their faces, and then they look back at Autumn.

“What’s wrong, Autumn?” Glory asks.

“Henry blames Mason because Mason left them there alone. Mason went out to pick up some beer. When Mason came back the door had been kicked in, the inside of the house ransacked, and Melinda and Archie were in a pool of blood. Mason was the one who called 911.”

“Y’know, Mason and I never got along but even I think Henry is being too hard on him. Melinda and Archie are both adults now. They don’t need a babysitter. And seeing as these intrudgers or whoever it was had guns, if Mason had been there he would have been hurt too.”

“That’s what I keep telling him but…” Autumn shakes her head “...Henry is grieving. Can you blame him? Archie was…” Autumn fights back the tears again “...he was our only son.”

Glory Braddock thinks about how lucky this turned out for her. Melinda will survive. Glory still has her daughter with her. But Henry lost his only son. This entire thing with Mason now looks even more strange. But right now Glory just wants to see Melinda and check on her. Autumn can sense this and embraces Glory in a tight hug.

“Go see your daughter, Glory. I need to go find Henry.”

“Thanks, Autumn. And I’m sorry…”

Autumn nods and then walks away. Kurt and Glory then turns and continue down towards Melinda’s room. They turn left and walk into a room and find their daughter, Melinda Braddock, lying there on a hospital bed with some tubes and other equipment connected to her. Luckily nothing is impeding her mouth or throat so she can speak.

“Hi, Mel…” Glory says, trying to smile even though she wants so badly to cry right now.

“Hi, mom…” Melinda winks at Kurt “...hi dad.”

“That must be some pretty strong painkiller they’re using on you, Mel. You never called me ‘dad’ before.” Kurt says jokingly, trying to lighten the mood. Melinda chuckles.

“Yeah, well, maybe it is the painkiller? Or maybe it’s something about near death experiences that make you rethink things. I mean, they did lose me three times.”

“You’re kidding?” Glory asks. Melinda shakes her head.

“Not kidding. Apparently it was close but I managed to make it.”

“I’m just glad you are ok.” Glory approaches Melinda’s bedside before leaning over to kiss her on the forehead.

“I’m sorry this happened, mom. I know you hate distractions like this when…”

“Stop right there, Mel.” Glory says, interrupting her daughter. “You are not a distraction. You are more important to me than my business or my wrestling career. Remember that I love you and I always will.”

“Thanks, mom.”

“The detectives said it was a home invasion.” Kurt states.

“That’s what I told the one detective who spoke to me. Detective Reynolds I think is what he told me…”

“Did you recognize any of the intruders?” Glory asks. Melinda shakes her head.

“No, I haven’t seen any of them. The way they were trashing the place made me think they were just trying to steal whatever they could get their hands on.”

“How many of them were there?” Kurt asks. Melinda chuckles.

“I feel like I’m being interrogated again. It was three guys. Only two had guns and they didn’t even fire until Archie decided to be a hero.” Melinda sighs deeply. “The two with the guns weren’t paying attention so Archie charged them and was hoping he could knock them off balance. He was hoping that if he could cause this robbery to get out of control that they would be scared and run off. He did knock one of them down but the other started firing like mad.”

“My God…” Glory exclaims.

“Mom, have you heard about Archie? How is he?”

Glory freezes up. This is the question she was dreading. She was dreading this moment because she doesn’t want to be the one to tell her daughter that her fiance is now dead. Braddock begins to tear up and Melinda seems to already get the picture as her own face goes pale.

“Mom...please tell me what happened to Archie…”

Glory turns to look into her husband Kurt’s eyes. No words have to be said, they know what the other is thinking. They know how hard this is right now and hard it will be for Melinda. But she has a right to know. Glory Braddock braces herself for the worst as she prepares to tell Melinda the hard truth. She looks back down at her oldest daughter, still lying in the hospital bed and still awaiting an answer.

“I’m sorry, Melinda. I am so very sorry but Archie…” Glory sighs deeply “...Archie didn’t make it.”

“No…” the first word is quiet as a look of shock and disbelief washes across Melinda’s face; she is hoping that Glory is lying but the serious look on Glory’s face tells Melinda that this is all too true. Melinda now shouts out in grief and anguish “Nooooooo!!!!”

Seeing her daughter in such emotional agony is too much for The British Bombshell, and she begins to break down and cry as well. Kurt Logan takes Glory and embraces her in a tight hug to try and comfort her. Even Kurt has tears flowing down his cheeks at this moment. The three are all crying for an unknown amount of time until a female’s voice breaks through the air, interrupting them.

“Mrs. Braddock, Mr. Logan?” Glory and Kurt look up to see a nurse has entered the room. “I’m sorry, but Doctor Yana insists that Melinda needs her rest. You can return tomorrow.”

“Sure…” Kurt says, nodding his head. He takes Glory and tries to guide her out of the room but she stops him. Glory turns back to face Melinda.

“Mel?” Glory quietly says, trying to get her daughter’s attention. But Melinda is inconsolable. She will not even acknowledge her mother right now. Kurt gently tugs on his wife’s arm.

“Come on, Glory. Let’s let Melinda rest.”

“Right…” Glory nevertheless blows a kiss towards her daughter “...see you tomorrow, Mel.”

Glory watches briefly, hoping Melinda will acknowledge her; but Melinda is still shouting in grief over the news of Archie Van Stanton’s death. Tears are flowing freely down her cheeks. Kurt then gives one more gentle tug at her arm and she allows herself to be guided out of the room and back into the hall. The British Bombshell is emotionally distraught, because this was not supposed to end this way. She also is feeling anger. Her daughter does not deserve this. Melinda was going to be happy but now that has been taken from her. And perhaps what is even more outrageous to The British Bombshell is that she wants so badly to make this right, she wants to help her daughter, but she cannot think of how she can help.

==========
July 24th, 2021
Los Angeles, California
On Camera
==========

The immense size and scope of the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California is the scene that we open to as soon as cameras begin rolling. It is a bright blue sky and a sunny day; seemingly the perfect weather. The cameras show a sky view of the Staples Center for a few seconds before cutting to a ground view right in front of the entrance to the Staples Center. This is where thousands upon thousands of fans will soon be entering in order to bear witness to SCW Rise To Greatness. A few moments later and we see ‘The British Bombshell’ Glory Braddock stepping into view from stage right. The gorgeous blonde is wearing a tight purple dress that hugs her every curve and a hemline that stops just above the knee, strappy sandals, and sunglasses covering her eyes. Her long blonde hair hangs straight and unrestrained to past the shoulders.

“For months now I have been talking about taking on new challenges. I even went to the man himself, Mr. D, and requested new challenges. And he gave me those challenges. Now here I stand right here at the Staples Center where twenty four hours from now at Rise To Greatness I will be testing myself against three top contenders, three of the best talents in SCW today, and if I manage to overcome this challenge, if I pass the test, then my reward is the SCW United States Championship. Now some of you may be asking why I would think that I need to be challenged? Why would I want a challenge? I admit, for someone who at one point claimed to be The Best in the World and wouldn’t hear anyone else try to dispute her, requesting challenge after challenge does seem rather odd. But that was a different person. I am not that person any longer. I am not the kind of person who will shout to the highest of heavens about how great I am and demand that the world blindly worship at my altar. I am the kind of person who earns the respect of my peers and the adulation of the fans by going out to that ring and proving myself each and every week.”

“Last year at Rise To Greatness I defeated Peyton Rice to become SCW Adrenaline Champion. It was my first taste of singles gold in SCW. I held that championship for 184 days until I lost it to Shilo Valiant. And why did I lose to Shilo? I lost because I allowed myself to grow weak. I hadn’t been challenged, really and truly challenged, in so long that I had lost my touch. In the aftermath of losing the championship was when the realization hit me; I needed to harden myself. I needed to toughen myself up with new challenges. In this business you need to be challenged, because without new challenges you grow weak and soft and you begin to lose your spot. That’s what happened to me.” The British Bombshell shakes her head.

“That is not going to happen again. Tomorrow night at Rise To Greatness marks the completion of my comeback story. And it’s appropriate that my comeback story is completed right here in Los Angeles at the Staples Center because there is a commercial painting Los Angeles as a comeback story. But to make this comeback story a reality I have to go through quite possibly the greatest challenge of them all, perhaps even the greatest of challenges in my entire SCW career; Xander Valentine, Christy Matthews, and Gavin Taylor.”

“So why don’t I start with you, Gavin?” Braddock smirks and waves playfully at the camera. “Hi there, Gavin. We are certainly no strangers to one another, now are we? You challenged me for the Adrenaline Championship last year and I choked you out. Here recently you tried once again to beat me but you still couldn’t get the job done. That’s two wins for The British Bombshell and zero for The All Star by my count. You need to bolster your record through spin and propaganda. You introduce fake championships....I haven’t forgotten the so-called Mayhem Tag Titles. You need fake titles to make yourself feel better while I just go out there and WIN legitimately recognized championships. I am a former Adrenaline and World Champion here in SCW and yes, that World Title run was short lived, but at least I was a former World Champion, which is more than what I can say for you. And your greatest achievement in recent memory is ‘surviving Xander Valentine’? I do not celebrate the fact that I survived people. I celebrate the fact that I DEFEAT people. I celebrate the fact that I choke or make people tap out to Shekhinah Glory, just like what I did to you.” Braddock chuckles lightly.

“Now I could keep on rubbing it in if I wanted to, but I’m not foolish. Anyone who overlooks natural talent is foolish and for all of your false bravado and all of your comedic shenanigans, you are quite the talented wrestler. You could be so much more than the idiot trying way too hard to hype himself up. You have the potential to be a true All Star, but instead of using that talent, instead of living up to that potential, you choose to be the joke that constantly hypes himself up and then fails to deliver. The last time you and I went to battle, Gavin, I asked you to prove me wrong. I asked you to prove to me that you were more than just a loud mouth who couldn’t back up his own bravado. You couldn’t prove me wrong and I’m at the point where I no longer believe that you are capable of proving me wrong. Will Gavin Taylor Rise To Greatness and become United States Champion?” Braddock shakes her head. “Not a chance in hell.”

“Now Christy Matthews is another story altogether, because when it comes to Christy you have someone who legitimately can go, who takes everything in that ring serious, and is a verifiable world killer when she wants to be. And much like me, she has goals, she has challenges set up for herself and her challenge is to win the United States Championship and in the process become a Supreme Champion. That’s quite a goal you have set for yourself, Christy. And I heard what you said on Breakdown, how you do not want this to be tainted in any way. That’s noble of you to say. I’d like to think you mean it but you’re right, you do have a reputation for hanging around with the wrong crowd and winning by any means necessary.”

“Hell, I was that same person myself not too long ago. I was the person willing to do anything and everything to get ahead. Last year at Rise To Greatness I broke every rule in the book to defeat Peyton and become Adrenaline Champion. And now one year later I have returned to complete my comeback story. And maybe you’re on a similar comeback trail, Christy? Unfortunately only one of us can cross the finish line first and I’ll be damned if I let you stop me. As good as you are, I am going to be better and I will be the United States Champion when all is said and done. Will you be Supreme Champion one day?” Braddock nods her head. “I don’t doubt it one iota. In fact, I know you will be Supreme Champion one day. But it will NOT be at my expense and it will NOT happen tomorrow night at Rise To Greatness.”

The British Bombshell holds up one finger. “That leaves just one man left...or maybe I should say, just one monster. Xander Valentine, everything they say about you is true; you are a monster, you are the only executioner in SCW, you are the bringer of destruction. You leave a path carnage in your wake. Everywhere you go you leave broken and mangled bodies. You cripple and injure people. You want to be the man feared for your in ring skill and yet you are feared for the monster that you have become.” Braddock takes off her sunglasses and tosses them aside. Her eyes are now full of intensity.

“But I do not fear you! Many have said it, few actually mean it, and even fewer can say that they have backed up their tough talk when facing The Executioner, but you have never fought someone like me before. I am Glory Braddock and I am the person who makes the monsters tap out! And if the monsters refuse to tap out, then I choke them out and leave them unconscious on the mat!” A nasty smirk forms on Glory’s face. “Now how about that poetic irony, mate? How would it be for you to get a taste of your own bloody medicine? You have put people to sleep with Fade To Black so maybe it is time that I put you to sleep with Shekhinah Glory? You have left opponents broken and unconscious, so maybe it is time for The British Bombshell to leave The Executioner broken, unconscious, and thoroughly executed in the center of the ring at Rise To Greatness? Your reign of terror is coming to an end, Xander. That is a guarantee.”

Braddock points to herself with her thumb. “And while I’m busy making guarantees, here is one final guarantee; I guarantee that tomorrow night at Rise To Greatness, I will be the last one left standing as the United States Champion. Tomorrow night I complete my comeback story. Tomorrow night my challenge will be met. That is a guarantee...Sic Semper Tyrannis…” The scene fades to black.
[Image: qyA5u6K.png]
SCW World Champion 1x
SCW United States Champion 1x
SCW Adrenaline Champion 1x
SCW Television Champion 1x
SCW World Tag Team Champion 1x (w/Brittany Lohan)
Supreme Champion
2019 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Regan Street & Kellen Jeffries)
2020 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Ace Marshall & David Helms)
https://allstargavintaylor.wordpress.com...-to-gavin/
[Image: vJXLyBV.png]
My favourite Christy RP for a long while. Ties into Lucas's latest as well with the ending.

Enjoy.

Ebdon Entertainment Presents
Christy Matthews Uncensored
Motherhood: Part Twenty-Six
My Uncertainty [Part Two]
[Image: banner.jpg]