[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
[Image: 7iel1fg.png]

Good luck everyone! 
[Image: OjZwbEI.png]
RECORD
69 - 21 - 5

2021 Stable of the Year - A/C Blondetourage Unit (w/ Cidnay Turner and Asher Hayes)
1x SCW Adrenaline Champion (July 24th, 2021 - November 7th, 2021) (106 Days)
Inaugural Majestic Women's Valkyrie Champion (May 31st, 2009)
1x Majestic Women's Valkyrie Champion (May 31st - August 29th, 2009) (90 Days)
2x SCW 24/7 HardCore Champion (June 18th - August, 2011) (70+ Days)

[Image: TcU8wKN.png]
Send in the Clown

Chapter 10: Birthdaze Party

Do I have a death wish, you are asking? Why, oh why would I put the notion of a Tables, Ladders and Chairs Match for Rise to Greatness?! Is Shilo Valiant out of his mind?!

Heh heh heh…

Calm down, my friends. You know how this work – I cant give you all my secrets and information now. What fun would that be? Besides! That’s for the promo section of this – and we are currently in the ‘story’, the next chapter of my epic saga – how I meet my end, if you’ll remember.

Of course, I didn’t know that I was meeting my end at this point. HA! Why would I? Can you imagine what that would do to your head? Knowing when you’re going to die? They’re written movies about that! But the way I see it, you need to be reminded of what the endgame is for me…

But was I nervous about returning home after my challenge to the three women? Moreso than I was the damn TLC match. 

Can you blame me?

Allow me to refresh your memory. Last chapter, Marina and I came to an understanding. We were to hold off on seeing a doctor till after Rise to Greatness regarding my knee – yes, for those of you that missed it, I confessed everything to her. 

It wasn’t easy – well, actually it was. The act of confession, itself, was easy. I had to just open my mouth and tell her the truth. What wasn’t easy was seeing her reaction and fearing the worst. But, as it turned out, Marina loves me with all her heart. Go figure.

Marina agreed to help me rather than rat me out to O-Daddy-O… by that I mean O.. Part of me still isn’t sure why. Did she understand that, to be without wrestling – or even to be denied the ending my career needed was like a slow-acting poison? Killing me on the inside? Did she understand that, to have that rush of the crowd – to be the Necro-Merchant again… or in this case, the evolution of that into “The Man Who Laughs” – was the part of me that had been missing for so many years since my ‘retirement’?

I couldn’t be certain – I’m still not certain. Maybe it’ll come to me in the later chapters and I can share them with you.

But moving on, I think it was that knowledge… of knowing that I was going to see a doctor after Rise to Greatness that, very likely, was going to forbid me from wrestling. Meaning that Rise to Greatness, the place I had made history over and over again… was very likely going to be my last event.

Like I said, when you know ‘the end’ is coming… it can really mess with your head. 

And since that day three or four weeks ago, I thought. I thought and I thought – damn how I thought. You may actually have been proud of the profound thoughts I had over the last few weeks in-between shows and my private life.

But the one thing that kept running through my head was… a sort of fitting irony. 

My retirement came about in 2017 during the last Shot of Adrenaline tournament. It was …. It was…

I don’t even remember the date anymore. I wish you could see the sad smile that is crossing my features at that. The fact that I can’t even remember the day I retired. 

Shilo Valiant…forgotten… no send off… Jake Starr is getting one. James Exeter is coming back to give it to him. We all saw Shawn Winters get one…. But mine? 

Did I want my career to end now? This weekend? No. Of course not. But if it had to end, why not on Rise to Greatness? And why not on my own terms?

That’s as much as I can give you as to why I chose the TLC match – the promo has to have something people!

Instead, I’ll bring you back to a week before last Friday – the 16th of July. Why is that date important, you ask? Well, because I was rushing home from the last episode of Breakdown, where I had announced my challenge… and because it was my son’s birthday party.

Yeah, not one of you sent a card or a well-wish on my non-existent Twitter… thank you very much. -_-

My little boy was turning eight-years old… and I was driving home terrified that Marina was gonna screw the plans and just drag me to a doctor then and there because I had decided to go for broke at RTG.

So… I drive up to my house, fresh off the plane from Breakdown and driving from Toronto back to Guelph. I get out of my car and the door flings open! 

Now, my mind is racing because there are two options here that await me. One, it’s my son, jubilant and high on sugar (probably) because it’s his birthday and he has a party to get to in about forty minutes… or two, it’s Marina with a chain and lock, ready to bind me up and drive me to her doctor…

So, I breathed a sigh of relief when Memphis was the one that ran out the door.

“DAD!” he cried out, giving me barely enough time to catch him as he ran right into my arms.
“Hey, kiddo!” I laughed, ruffling his hair, which was longer than mine. The boy was wearing his favourite ‘Spider-Man’ shirt, a red number with the wallcrawler in the middle of a web with the title logo at the bottom. “Happy birthday.” I added – not wanting to be an ass of a father. “I don’t have to sing, do I?”

“Not yet.” Came the voice that made me both shudder but also my heart to skip a beat (CURSE YOU, LOVE!). Turning around, I spotted the woman standing at the doorway, leaning against it, and, I’m not gonna lie, guys, my jaw kinda nearly dropped into the ground.

Because Marina, standing there – okay, if your toned, former wrestler but still fit goddess of a wife stood before you in a two piece bathing suit, complete with little wings on the bottom section, you’d gawk too.

“But you’ll need to sing when the time comes.” The bikini-temptress beckoned. “And please stop gawking.”
“Well excuse me!” I countered. “If I looked that sexy in a bathing suit, you’d gawk too!”

I saw it run across her cheeks then, the faintest hint of a blush! BROWNIE POINTS FOR SHILO!

Of course, I’d need a brownie factory of points to have any help with getting over this TLC thing, so my little ‘charm’ didn’t alleviate my worries very much. Still, as Memphis scampered in to get ready for his party, she turned her attention towards me, moving down the steps of the porch and across the soft grass in her bare feet, to greet me by my car.

“You really like this outfit?” she asked, turning a little on the spot and giving me a full view of all the attractive features of her body on rather generous display.

“I mean… I’d love legs like that.” I teased, throwing her a smile. With a smile of her own, Marina threw her arms around me, not caring if anyone saw me. With little strength needed, she pulled herself up to kiss me, my arms instinctively wrapping around her thing waist, feeling the heat of her midriff in my hands and forearms.

We stayed that way for a good long time. Enough time for my blood to get confused on which direction it should flow – up or down, if you know what I mean. So when Marina broke away, I am not ashamed to admit that I needed a moment to come back to reality.

“I swear…I had something to tell you…” I tried. “But I’m kind of drawing a blank here… Can I have a minute.”
“Yes.” Marina acquiesced, allowing me to take a few calming breaths to calm back down. 

With that accomplished, I opened my eyes to see her looking up at me, almost expectantly.

“Did…” I started, my voice a little shaky. “Did you watch Breakdown?”

She was about to answer when Memphis came bounding outside again. “It’s 2! It’s 2! Let’s go!”

Without another word, Marina ushered me inside the house, barely giving me any time to kick off my shoes before guiding me into our bedroom. Sadly, she did not really aim her husband very well, forcing me to loudly stub my toe against the door frame-

MOTHER-! GOD DID THAT HURT! PUT ME THROUGH ANOTHER TABLE FOR A THIRD OR FOURTH TIME! BURN THE OTHER SIDE OF MY FACE! NOTHING IS AS PAINFUL AS THIS!!!!

A second later, I regretted that mental assessment, shaking my foot out to ease the ache. Sadly, this was the moment when Marina tossed a pair of black, bathing trunks to me, causing me to lose my balance and stumble forward a few steps, quickly catching myself.

“Get dressed.” She urged.

“Okay, but Marina, I really need to talk to you-“
“Mom…Dad…” came the whine from Memphis as he waited outside. “They’re gonna start without me!”

“They’re not going to start without you, sweetie.” Marina called out, but her eyes were on me, urging me to hurry up and change. 

So, I did. I changed from my pants to my swim trunks and exchanged the shirt I wore for a larger, longer one over my frame. The second that was accomplished, Marina was already pulling me towards our bedroom door.

“Oh no!” I called out. “I’m not getting slammed into that door again. I’ll walk briskly behind you!”

With a roll of her eyes – cause it wasn’t her foot that was almost lost to the great boarder of the door, she was out of the house, with me following her.

Now, let me explain what’s happening here. Marina, Memphis and I? For those of you that have not paid much attention my previous chapters, we don’t exactly live in lavish lifestyle as we did back in our SCW hayday or when she was the Sovereign or when I was the Necro-Merchant for the Underground yuaand the Kings of Shadows.

Our house is smaller size. Not something you would drive past and go “oooo! I want to live there!”. As such, it’s not really possible for us to throw a party for Memphis’ birthday. The house is okay to house the three of us, but if he invites more than one friend over? It’s damn near impossible.

And, let’s face it, guys, you invite more than one person over for your birthday party…. Unless you only have one friend and…well… hey! Quality over quantity, right? My boss tells me that ALL time…

And with everything still kinda on and off in terms of crowds and businesses, Marina and I didn’t have many options for a party for Memphis. 

This is where I tell you guys… it’s important to have good relations in your neighbourhood. You can’t be recluse. A community united can help in so many ways. Which is why Marina, Memphis and I were running across our yard, onto the cul-de-sac road and across it to our neighbours, the Werners. 

Now, let me tell you something about the Werners – I think you met their daughter in a previous chapter. She’s Memphis’ babysitter, Becky. Anyway, where our house is sort of small and crammed in the corner, their house takes up most of one side of the cul-de-sac. Tall, wide, made of fine stone…

And, most important, they have a large backyard with a pool! 

Now this is where you’re probably wondering, “Shilo! Did you go over to your neighbours house and ask them to let them borrow their backyard so you could throw a party?”

And to that I say ABSOLUTELY NOT!

I went over to my neighbours house and BRIBED them to let me borrow their backyard so I could throw a party. Huge difference!

And this is where it gets hilarious, guys. You know what I used to bribe them with?

Comp tickets to Rise to Greatness! Seriously! That’s all it took! Soon they got those, they were booking flights and hotel accommodations and were out two days ago – deciding to spend the whole week and a half in Los Angeles…

I mean… why not? What’s been the theme here so far in this chapter? If you’re gonna go, go all out, right?

Anyway, we managed to get there and set up everything just as the first set of kids showed up. Mark Werner, the owner of the house, had given me a run down of how to operate the pool and the entertainment system and the BBQ, which was kind of what I was doing as the kids arrived. From what Marina had told me, Memphis had invited twenty of his friends, with Marina and myself, and two other parents acting as chaperones for the day. 

I didn’t mind being on BBQ duty, fetching burgers or hotdogs for the kids when they were hungry. It gave me time to myself to collect my thoughts while the kids and my family were splashing around in the pool. 

Quickly, in-between roasting a hot dog and flipping a burger, my eye caught of Marina as she swam in the pool, keeping her eyes on the kids as she did. She seemed to be in her own element – probably because she had taken up swimming more often to keep in shape, swimming like a dolphin or mermaid through the large pool. 

Again, I wanted to tell her about the TLC match. I wanted to explain to her my reasoning behind it. If she knew about it, she didn’t seem mad, but from experience, I knew how well my soulmate could hide her emotions until she needed to express them. And now was not a good time, given where we were-

“Shilo!” 

The hearty voice of one of my other neighbours, Nick Connor, filled my ears – not an annoying sound, his voice was a decent pitch, but the hard slap on my back by his big hands certainly wasn’t pleasant.

“How’s the wrestling going?” he asked.
“Oh…you know…” I shrugged my shoulders. “There are good days and bad days.”
“You mean like when you went through that table last month? Classic – like ‘TIMBER!!!’.”

Yeah, I did not care for Nick.

“Yeah, that was a rough landing.”
“But does it really hurt?” he asked. “I mean, going through a table like that.”

I turned my head to look over at him. “I mean…it isn’t pleasant if that’s what you’re asking. At best, you get the wind knocked out of you. At worse you get knocked out cold.”

“Oh wow…okay…” Nick nodded his head, digesting my words of wisdom of my profession.

It was sort of the problem I had with ‘non-committed viewers’. Let me explain: some people in my neighbourhood know me, like the Werners. We’ve got some fans who understand what SCW is and how it’s different from other ‘forms of professional sports-entertainment’.

You want me to spell it out for you? Okay… there are a lot of big companies that do the whole ‘fake-wrestling thing’. Nothing wrong with that, it’s a form of entertainment. I considered that back when I was in my retirement – sort of ‘lean into a safer form’ of being ‘The Necro-Merchant’.

Why didn’t I do that? Honestly? If I did, then if I lost a match, it would be because someone told me to.

I mean…I’m all for the entertainment, but rigged endings? Come on! Where’s the fun in that? If I can predict who’s going to win based on popularity, then how is that entertaining? Maybe it is, but not to me. 

Anyway, the issue was that the ‘casual’ viewers of SCW still kinda lumped it with the ‘fake’ wrestling, so when they came to me as Nick did, it was often in that mindset, meaning I’d have to explain to him the reality of the situation.

“Okay, I got another one! My kid was watching you the other night and he said you got this thing with tables but also ladders and chairs and, I mean – do the other two-“

“Hurt?” I interjected. “Yeah. Chair can hurt depending on where you’re hit. Ladder just hurts everywhere.”
“Damn… so why?”

I couldn’t answer him because, across the way, I saw Marina sitting on the ledge of the pool, her legs in the water, but her eyes were on me. 

“Uh…Nick…” I started, “Can you take over for me. I need to really talk to Marina…”
“Yeah sure…” he answered enthusiastically. Nick was a social person, you could tell my his ‘Bahama-style’ trunks – VERY colorful. 

Free of duty, at least for a little bit, I shuffled my way around the pool trying to reach Marina. Of course, fate being what it was, I did not get far before I felt a pair of small hands hit my side and push me into the pool!

Weird as hell sensation, guys. One minute, you’re up on dry land, the sun is shining on your face… the next, you’re under water, everything is blueish and you’re asking yourself ‘How the hell did I get down here…”

And you also realize, when you try and move that your right leg won’t work…

Yeah, that was a scary realization as I looked up at the surface of the pool, growing further and further away from me. Now, logic would indicate that the use of both arms and good leg should be enough to propel me forward to reach the surface and, thus, not drown in a most embarrassing fashion.

Logic, however, has not dealt with this before for me, leaving me little option but to kick and pull randomly as I tried to reach the surface before I drowned.

Of course my struggle of life and death (at least to me) ended rather quickly as I felt a pair of hands grab me and pull me up to the surface. My lungs gulped air as my hands reached the curb that outlined the pool. A few quick breaths and the support of the concrete and I was calmer than before.

Turning my head towards my hero, Marina’s brown orbs were studying me quickly.

“What happened?” she asked. “Your knee?”

I could only nod my head, causing a sigh to escape my soulmate as she treaded water beside me. “Can you do anything?” she whispered, resting a hand on my shoulders while the other secured her to the wall of the pool beside me.

“Yeah. Give me a second.” I whispered, breathing slowly. I focused on the stiffness of my knee, feeling the joint as I swung it back and forth a little under the water. I just had to wait, twisting the leg every which way slowly until I felt the damn thing… click – unlock! There it was! I immediately thought as I exhaled a breath that I didn’t know I’d been holding. 

Relieved, I bent and extended the leg a few times under the water, even pressing it up to the wall to test its strength against the immovable surface.

“I’m okay.” I whispered to Marina, leaning in to gently kiss her cheek, my way of saying ‘thanks’ for saving my drowning ass. As I stood back, however, I was surprised to see a few kids gathered around me, with Katie, Nick’s wife, standing with them.

“These boys wish to say something to you.” She replied curtly, her eyes narrowing and not leaving a single boy that stood before us. 

Together, almost in a speaking choir, they all spoke on cue. “We’re sorry we pushed you in the pool, Mr. Valiant.”
“And?!” Katie pressed, not convinced with her arms crossed over her chest.
“And we won’t do it again.”

“Oh…uh…” I turned my head to Marina for a moment before speaking again. “It’s okay, boys. I mean… since you learned your lesson and everything…”

“Alright.” Katie nodded her head. “You guys can go back to playing, but if I see any horseplay, I’ll be calling your parents and having them pick you up faster than you can say ‘trouble’, got it?”

“Yes, ma’am.” All the boys replied before scampering off.
“AND NO RUNNING AROUND THE POOL!” ordered Katie as she continued to march around the area, like a damn lifeguard on duty.

“So…” I turned back to Marina. “Nick is clearly the fun one in that couple, right? It’s not just me that thinks so?”

Marina simply nodded her head before helping me out of the pool. She was out next, carefully making her way over to Nick to speak to him while I shook of some of the water that was soaking me. A moment passed and Marina returned with two large towels. She handed one to me while she used another to draw off. “Come on.” She whispered. “We’ll be right back.”

I didn’t understand, but I followed her anyway. Nobody noticed we were gone. However, as we, once more, crossed the cal-de-sac, I saw her reaching for the door key attached to a rubber band on her wrist, using it to unlock the door. Without a word, she guided me, gently this time, back into the house and into our room.

Now, I am sure your minds are all going to same place right now. “Sky rockets in flight… afternoon delight!..... Aaaaaaafternoon delight.”

Sorry, this isn’t that kind of chapter. 

To be honest, I wasn’t sure why Marina was bringing me back to our house, that is until she had pulled off my swimming trunks – stop it! NOT THAT KIND OF CHAPTER! – and was quietly running her hands along my knee, massaging the muscle before reaching over for something from the closet. To my surprise, she pulled out the metal knee brace that I often used. With nimble hands, she secured it properly to my knee before handing me boxers and track pants to change into, as well as dry shirt.

I stood there, rather amazed by my wife. I mean, for those of you that don’t quite understand, I’ll explain. Marina had brought me home to get the brace on me so that I could be more comfortable for the rest of the party and have less risk of knee-lockup. She had put the trackpants on me so that I could hide it – as the less that knew about it, the better.

Conclusion? Marina was looking out for me.

And it was that realization, that incredible conclusion that struck me to the core. Seeing her breathe a sigh of relief once she got the brace on, pat my knee twice with her hand…

“I challenged Cassidy Carter, Datura and Holly Adams to a tables, ladders and chairs match at Rise to Greatness.”

The words flew out of my mouth so fast that, for a moment, I wondered if Marina had even understood them. But as she looked at me, she didn’t ask me to repeat myself, nor did she scream or yell. She just nodded her head.

“I know.” She replied, picking herself to her feet. “I watched Breakdown.”

“Are you mad?” I asked. 

“No.” she sighed. “I’m worried. I’m scared. I’m beyond terrified… but I knew you would do something like this.”
“Really?” I looked at her in disbelief. “You knew I’d do something like this? I didn’t even know I was going to do something like this until I reached the Ford Center.”

A tired smile crossed her face as she shook her head at me. “Shilo… you were certain this weekend would be your last match… it wasn’t hard for me to figure out you’d want to make it as big and stupid as possible.”

My mouth hung open for a moment as I stared at my wife, trying to formulate words but failing miserably.

“I…” I tried, managing a pronoun – PROGRESS! – following by that same pronoun before other words finally came. “I need to ask you something…” I started. “And you’re not going to like it.”

“Probably not.” She sighed in irritation, looking away, but her hand quickly found mine, gripping it tight.

“I…” I breathed. “I want you to come to L.A. with me.”

Her head jerked back to me, her eyes wide. “What?” she asked in disbelief.

Last week – when I stood in the ring and made the demand, I thought I’d get that feeling. You know?”

“No, I don’t. What feeling?”

I released a slow breath, not liking the story I was about to tell, but needing to tell it anyway. “Your last match was Rise to Greatness… and when you were on that turnbuckle against Collin Cole? Defending the U.S. title?”

Marina nodded. “That was when I realized I might be pregnant… and that my time in SCW was over.”

I slowly nodded my head. Marina had left SCW shortly after that to go on maternity leave and had not been seen in SCW since except for when she was with me for my Hall of Fame induction. 

“I thought that, when I stood in the ring and made the match… I would feel it too… but I didn’t.” I explained. “And I didn’t know why until just now – when you were…” I gestured to my covered, braced knee. “I can’t have this be my end without you… I don’t WANT this to be my end without you.”

“Shilo…” Marina tried, running a hand along her own cheek. “I haven’t even been in a ring in years.” I’ll just get in the way.”
“So will tables and ladders and chairs.” I countered. “And it’s not like there’s rules in this kind of match-“
“What if I cost you the match?”

This was a loaded question. Because, honestly, guys? I didn’t want to lose. I had effective held the Adrenaline title for over 180 days. Yeah, the old man that people thought ‘couldn’t hack it anymore’ had held a singles title longer than ANY other champion this year!

And I didn’t want that to end just yet. And Marina knew that, which was why she was asking the question. She was scared of costing me the match – what could easily be my last match. She was scared of costing me the title I’d had the time of my life being a champion of. She was scared of ruining what could be the end of Shilo Valiant – SCW wrestler.

And for all of that, all I could do was smile at her. “Marina…” I slowly took her hands into mine. “Either way… it’s entertaining in the most beautiful of ways…” she tilted her head at me, confusion written on her face.

“Either we both leave on top… or we leave the same way we came into SCW… just a pair of titleless common folk… together.”

I saw the smile creep up on her features, unable to help itself, as she processed my words. It took a moment for her to sigh before slowly closing her eyes and nodding her head quickly. “Okay.” She whispered. “I’ll go with you.”

Was up like a bolt of lighting, reaching over to embrace her, holding her still wet form close to my dried self. “Easy!” she warned, holding onto me tight. “We don’t want another knee episode!” she chastised as she tried to steady me.

“Sorry.” I laughed. “I just didn’t think you’d say yes.”
“You looked like a little puppy with those eyes.” She scoffed. “How could I say ‘no’?”
“Note to self.” I muttered. “Puppy-eyes work on Marina!”

Her hand gave me a playful swat on the shoulder before taking my hand in hers. Together, we returned back to our son’s party.

I’d like to leave you guys with this before I get too much into the promo. It wasn’t fear of loss that made me want to Marina by my side for this big match in L.A. But rather…

Not to mince words, guys but… I mean it when I say this could be it. This could be the end of Shilo Valiant, SCW-superstar. And if it is… I’m… I’m sorry.

I’m sorry I won’t be able to finish my story.
I’m sorry to have to leave you with more questions than answers.
I’m sorry I can’t promise you a happy ending this weekend one way or another…

But… then again… remember what I said what the first rule of entertainment was?

“Always leave them wanting more…” 

The camera opens up to the interior of the Sofi Stadium rather than the Carnival of Rust. It is an odd choice given the host, but given the night and the event… where else would Shilo Valiant make his home? With a grin, the reigning Adrenaline champion emerges from behind a corner, dressed in black pants, a crimson dress shirt, his hair short and his eyes shining like his jester grin.

Well…well…well… He looks around the interior of the arena, seeing the halls and walls that surround him. Open your arms and welcome me back, Rise to Greatness! Daddy is home! He raises his arms as if he is embracing the very home itself!

Oh look how beautiful you are! So big a house now! So much room to stretch! I could put up shelves! he strolls around the area, his step light as he speaks.

And welcome all of you – the soon to be entertained, the grateful, the ignorant – and my three guests.

Yes, it would seem this laughing man is entertaining QUITE the guest list today. I’ve got three women coming in just to spend the evening with little ol’ me. Too bad I’m already taken – that being said, Datura looks like she’d be a fun ride… I’d be concerned about STIs with Cassidy and there isn’t enough sanitizer in the world to make me want to touch Holly Adams beyond punching and kicking her into oblivion – excuse me a moment…
Leaning over to the side, Shilo suddenly knocks on a nearby door.

But, as I am a gracious host, I must entertain all my guests.

The door suddenly opens, revealing none other than the 2021 Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royale winner, Ace Marshall. The man sees the jester standing there and his eyes widen. 

HELLLLLO, MR. ACE MARSHALL! Care for a chat?

Immediately, Ace tries to slam the door shut, only for Shilo to manage a shoulder in the way to force his way into the Lexy’s Angels dressing room.

Now that’s not very polite. I don’t want to hurt anyone. I just want to wish you luck tonight, Mr. Number One Contender! the jester admires the room before his eyes settle on Marshall, fairly uneasy at the presence of the volatile clown.

Oh relax! I’m not a party pooper! I’m just hear to wish you and Autumn good luck- he stops as he sees the three titles resting on the table. The world tag-team titles and Autumn Valentine’s television title. Oh goodie, there they are. So, for good luck, do I kiss these or rub them?

Can you please leave?

Whoa… I thought you couldn’t talk with Lexy pulling your string, puppet-boy. Shilo lets out a laugh before holding up his hands.Alright, alright, keep it clean… Reaching, Shilo touches both a tag and television title, rubbing them for good luck. There we go. Well, you probably have a lot of plans to make. he goes to leave before turning around just outside the door. Oh, Ace, one more thing. I’m entertaining three girls all at once this evening, any advice?

The door slams in Shilo’s face, earning a smile from the scarred joker as he turns back to the camera.

Silly boy. So stressed – that happens this time of year, doesn’t it? So many people want to get ahead. So many people want to ‘rise to greatness’. So many people want to get the last word in. The last laugh…. He he… his laugh echoes a little in the halls as he walks.

But as for me? Well, I’ve got my hands full you see. Because, I’ve got to defend my title against three women. They are Cassidy Carter, Datura and Holly Adams.

He seems to dwell on something before he continues his walk through the arena. And for what it’s worth, Datura… I’ll give you a bit of an inside joke on this… If I could pick someone to win this thing besides me – I’d want it to be you. he offers the camera a quick glance.

We’ve said a lot of things to one another over the last few weeks… and let’s face it, you put me through a table. I mean, can you really blame me that I was angry at you? After all, I gave you what you wanted a year ago and a few weeks ago, I did it again! 

You wanted a chance at the Adrenaline title, I gave you one – and you brought the fight. Hold on a minute-
Moving quickly, Shilo reaches over to hold open the door for some of the crew staff passing through. Let me get that door for you gentlemen!

Thank you. One of the fellows replies before tripping by something unseen. 

My pleasure, oh easy there! Easy! Quick as a bunny, almost as if he anticipated it, Shilo catches the man, though the staff member drops what he was holding – the Interim United States Championship, no doubt on route to be polished and prepared for tonight’s event!

Oh damn! He goes to pick it up, but Shilo is already there, lifting the title up to hand back to staff member. Thanks, again, Mr. Valiant.

Think nothing of it! No harm done. We’re all a little on edge – big night, right?

He bids the staff farewell before disappearing through the doors and down another hall, another camera changing to follow him.

But as it stands, that doesn’t seem to be enough for you, but why blame me, Datura? You only have yourself to blame for Holly’s interference. I certainly didn’t ask her to interfere in our match – she came out because you attacked her the week before. You didn’t think about the repercussions of your actions, did you?

That’s a big problem with you Datura. You don’t consider the effects. You don’t consider the ramifications of your choices.
the joker sighs as he walks.

You could have been world champion, Datura! But you lost sight of the ball and underestimated Cid Turner. You tried to beat me, but you thought Holly wouldn’t have the gall to assault you – not a crazy assessment given how much she runs around the ring like a chicken with its head cut off – but even so… you made the mistake, not me.

Reaching another door, Shilo pushes his way through, expertly weaving through the backstage area.
You, Datura, you alone are responsible for your own failings here in SCW – not me. I didn’t make you hide away after our match over a year ago. I didn’t make you come back and cheapshot every person you had an issue with. 

You made those choices, Datura. And until you own up to them – until you take responsibility, you will never be able to appreciate what I have done for you in SCW.
out of the corner of his eye. Shilo spots a flash of red. Quickly, he follows it until he spies its owner. A small woman pacing nervously up and down the hall.

Oh, excuse me! Shilo calls out, earning the attention of the woman.

Hi? comes the reply from Deanna Frost, wife of the world champion, Selena Frost. 

Quickly, the showman holds up his hands in peace. Relax, Mrs. Frost, I’m not here to cause trouble. I just have a lot on my plate tonight. You understand. And, despite my desire to, I don’t think I’ll be in any condition to check your wife’s main-event… which saddens me because, well, I like to watch the big match on my show.

Deanna raises an eyebrow. Your show?

Shilo smiles knowingly. Of course! If Lexy Chapel can declare the main-event “Lexy Chapel Presents” and if Holly Adams can declare herself so and so title holder, then why not I post my declaration of this show as mine – as it always has been? I mean…at least I’ve earned that right.

Deanna?

The voice, accented and elegant, grabs both manager and clown’s attention, both turning to see- 

Ah! There’s our world champion! Shilo claps his hands as Selena Frost appears, dressed in a maroon t-shirt, the SCW world title on her shoulder.

What do you want? she asks, stepping protectively in front of her wife.

Nothing nefarious, Mrs. Snow Queen. I wish to merely wish you luck and that I trust you will do my show proud by giving us a main-event worthy of the title- reaching out, the jester pats Selena’s shoulder that holds the title, the belt shifting a little from the impact. 

Checking his watch (which he isn’t wearing), the merchant gasps aloud! Oh my! Look at the time, I must be getting back to my promo, excuse me!

Quickly, he bolts away from the Frost wives, sprinting down a hall before turning to the side, pulling open another door and suddenly ascending a flight of stairs.

What about you, Carter? Are you more accepting of responsibility? Are you prepared to accept your ex-husband’s punishment for his crimes?

Or has he and Lexy left you in the dark because they fear me like Ace fears tables?
Shilo continues to ascend the stairs.

Oh Cassidy, I am not the villain in this story. I am not the bad guy. After all, you are in my house and I am treating you as an honored guest regardless of your cowardly attack on my personage.

But if you are going to carry Ace’s debt to me, then you are to be the one to repay it. And I have been patient with that man. I have waited for him to make good on the money I gave him. See, your ex was a lovable fool. He was a tool that I wished to use to highlight the Adrenaline division.

I mean… weren’t we all getting a little tired of mediocre matches and of a grown man trying to wed the adrenaline title belt and give it sentience? Didn’t we need something new?
Shilo shrugs as he reaches another floor.

And Ace assured me of success – but empty promises seems to be the forte of you and he, isn’t it, Cassidy? Didn’t you promise us a few years ago that you’d be World Champion against the likes of Syren and Kennedy and Bree – something like that? How did that go? Did you promise that you’d break out and become your own wrestler rather than Ace Marshall’s arm-candy, how did that go?

It’s amazing that Ace would discard you so easily – flaunt his new love, Autumn Valentine, in front of you and the whole world, yet he comes to you for help and you say ‘how high shall I jump?’…. 

Speaking of which…
Reaching the top, Shilo jumps over a raised step to get to the top floor, his hand reaching out to open a white door that leads him to the roof top of the area. The evening breeze hits him and the sun can be seen setting halfway into the horizon.

Well, if the mindless servant is what you wish to be, Cassidy, then I hope you are prepared. Because I’ve been collecting interest on that initial bargain… and I can assure you, you’re not going to like the balance that you will be paying tonight. fully stepping out onto the roof, Shilo’s eyes take in the world around him, the masses below him that will swarm to see his show – to see him, the master of Rise to Greatness!

He grins wickedly. Of course, that pales in comparison to what you owe me, Holly. He turns his head towards the camera.

Oh, Holly. The biggest hypocrite of my guests. The loudest, most ignorant woman in all of Supreme Championship Wrestling…

But you seem to be a little lighter than last I saw you… like you’ve dropped twenty or so pounds of gold and… about two-hundred pounds of Asher.
a chuckle escapes him.

I must admit, Holly, there is a certain amusement I have gotten in watching your world crumble around you and watching you desperately grasp and cling to whatever deliriums you can make for yourself. 

I mean, did you pay off that interviewer to ask you the easiest questions? Or for the station to look the other way as you made the censors, PR team, and lawyers work overtime? I mean, what kind of talk show would allow someone on their show who just body shames and hates on drag queens? I highly doubt they’re doing well in the ratings after the bomb that was your little tirade.

The former world champion shakes his head. Or maybe that was just another massive set of yours. Like your Holly Adams hour – another delusion you’re placed up to keep your lies alive. Holly Adams doing what she does best – pretending to be more than she actually is… Oh, pardon me for a second.

Turning around, Shilo and the camera spy a single white table in the middle of the flat roof section. Sitting on the table, shining in the sunset, is Shilo Valiant’s Adrenaline Championship. With no one to stop him, Shilo scoops up the title, placing it over his shoulder before checking his watch (on his other wrist…where there is one).

And time.

Five minutes and thirteen seconds. It took me five minutes and fifteen seconds to hold every single OFFICIAL SCW title. To become a Supreme Championship for a second time! Behold! The impossible! A record that you, Holly, will NEVER manage to break! Shilo stands on the roof, bathing in the adulations for his grand accomplishment… only to be met with silence.

But what’s this? Nobody is cheering. Nobody is believing me… hell, no one is laughing at me.

Do you want to know why, Holly? Because you’ve crossed the line. You’re not funny or entertaining with this nonsense. You’ve crossed into the realm of pathetic. 

Because you know in what way my little demonstration was DIFFERENT than yours, Holly? I AM a champion. I AM a Supreme Champion. I’ve HELD titles AND been the champion of titles. And I can destroy your delusions without much effort.

Moving swiftly, Shilo jumps onto the table that held his title, perching there with his legs hanging over the side. And no matter how much you fool yourself. How much you lie to yourself. How many people you try and buy to ‘give you the right questions’ so you can answer them how you want to…

That ‘starbucks girl’ named Datura?
That ‘crazy girl in a wedding dress’ Cassidy?

The wicked grin returns across the Man Who Laughs’ face. The inside joke? You’re all the same. a hysterical laughter escapes him, Shilo holding his side with his free hand! Eventually, he calms down enough to speak.

You say, unlike them, Holly, you earned this shot. Shilo tilts his head. How? What did you do? Who did you beat? Cause, as history shows, you WERE the number one contender and you HAD not one but two chances to come at me and both times, you FAILED. You were pinned in the ring and lost your shot! And since then? What did you do? Hmmm?

A finger to his jawline, Shilo contemplates his own question. Did you prove something in the Battle Royale? Oh no! You didn’t bother competing. Did you win a contendership match again? No. You were too busy bragging about titles you never won. he returns his gaze back to the camera.

Holly… you are here the same way Datura is here. The same way Cassidy is here.

By MY good graces. By me GIVING you this title shot!

Let’s face it, ladies. I’ve won more SCW titles than all three of you PUT TOGETHER. Don’t believe me? Tally it up. 

Cassidy – Zero.
Datura – Zero.
Holly… who is ‘Oh so different than them’…
He holds up his hand, fingers shaped like a fat zero. Goose-egg.

All three of you have done nothing but lounge around in the back, achieving nothing but excuses and deliriums and fictious achievements like a Lizard title... 

And all three of you have come to me.

You come to Shilo Valiant. You attack Shilo Valiant, because, once again, as before, you are all desperate.

You know what I have been saying all along is absolutely true. That Rise to Greatness is MY show. That I, and I alone, can provide the match that will steal the spotlight. That, through me, any one of you can achieve relevancy.
he gestures to the arena that he now stands on top of. 

On my show, in my spotlight, you can matter. You can break your goose-egg and ACTUALLY BE an SCW champion. 

You Datura – can hold your first real SCW title.
You, Cassidy – can be a champion after so many years of failure, personal and professional.
You, Holly – can finally have a modicum of truth to your accomplishments…

The jester sighs. That is what I could have offered you… but the three of you are far too late. the smile becomes more sinister, evolving into a sneer.

See, each one of you had your chance for my grace. You had your chance for my spotlight and my entertainment. Datura and Holly, you could have been where I am now if you just got the job done. Cassidy, you could have done it years ago. But you couldn’t. None of you could deliver when the spotlight was on you.

And you can blame me, all of you can. But the truth is, you know it’s not my fault. I held up my end of the bargain. I gave you your opportunities in the past. I gave you the chance to stand in my spotlight. And more than Cassidy, it was you two, Datura and Holly, that could not handle it.

Slipping off the table, Shilo lands on his feet, giving a shrug with his arms. So, where does that leave us for tonight? I am your host and you are on my show.

Well, since you could not take advantage of my abilities and my entertainment and my generosity, it is time you paid me back for it.

Which is why I have prepared this match for all of you. This match of tables, ladders and chairs… a laugh escapes him. And Holly, your ignorance shines through even to that end. Because you think that Under the Big Top Match is deadlier than this?

Ask yourself this question – if we’re moving from Breakdown to Rise to Greatness, to MY show – THE show of shows… why the hell would I downgrade? What kind of showman would I be if I did that? What kind of entertainer would I be for myself if I slacked off like that? If I did that, then I wouldn’t be where I am, I’d probably be where you are, Holly, needing to touch titles because I can’t win them, wouldn’t I?

Reaching up with his free hand, Shilo traces the scars lining the left side of his face. That’s not who Shilo Valiant is. That’s not what Shilo Valiant does on his show. Shilo Valiant raises the bar. Shilo Valiant pushes the envelope. And, unlike all three of you, Shilo Valiant entertains and DELIVERS in championship matches!

Gazing down, Shilo stares at the Adrenaline title. Who else has held a title belt this long so far this year? Who else has dominated every opponent they faced? Who else has dragged this belt from ‘boring mid-card title’ to exciting ‘anything can happen’ title, incorporate Under the Big Top and now TLC?

You, Datura? 
You, Cassidy?
You, Holly?
he scoffs.

This match is meant to be the most destructive match on the entire card. Chairs, tables, ladders, all legal no rules. We can appeal to your darker side, Datura. We can play to your twisted nature, Cassidy… And I can continue to laugh at Holly’s ignorance.

Because this isn’t a match where you’re bouncing off walls or springing off nets. 

No, ladies. This match is meant to break you down to a level that you have two options… rise above… or fall...
he glances over the roof, to the ground so far below him.

It is a match that will not end until all of us are battered, bruised, broken, and on the ground. It does not end until the ground is LITTERED with not only our bodies, but pieces of ladder, chairs, and tables…

His grin returns, wicked as ever. And it is perfect! Perfect for giving me back what was taken from me…

You see, ladies, a year ago, I was deprived of a Rise to Greatness moment. I was denied the spotlight despite stealing the show with Aaron Blackbourne. I was ignored and forgotten because of management wanting to hype some lacklustre Hall of Famers over me… the man that has given everything to this company! I wanted to get to the main-event of Rise to Greatness to take back what I earned.

But all of you, one way or another… cost me that. So… since you denied me that Rise to Greatness moment… you will be the key to giving me another one. One that belongs to me!
a hand lays across his chest.

Don’t you see, ladies – as I said, you are all the same. Desperate fools seeking recognition after years of failure – desperately needing me so you can be ‘the one’ to end the greatest champion of 2021! You are all the same… and I will destroy you three all in the same, entertaining way.

First, I will have my revenge on all three of you for attacking me. I will drive each and every one of you through a table. I will break chairs over your heads and backs. I will smash ladders into whatever is left of you.
He holds up one finger, followed by a second.

Second, I will not stop until you are all unable to get up. Until I am certain that medical personal will be needed to escort you from MY ring and until I have littered the ring and all around it in debris…

He holds up a third finger. And third… when I am done… only then will I climb up the ladder and retrieve my belt… he turns to gaze at it.

I will leave the ring so littered with your bodies, with table fragments, chair pieces and even busted ladders… that SCW will have no choice but to stall the show while they try and clear it and you out of my sight! his grin grows more wicked.

And while they try and do that… I will stand in the ring, with this title raised high above my head and the spotlight on me, bathing in it and MY Rise to Greatness moment! Savouring every second and minute that I am owed by SCW and by all three of you!

Lowering his voice, it is a deadly whisper, but no less audible. 

I will give you your second chance, Datura.
I will give you Ace’s debt, Cassidy…
And Holly…oh Holly…

He shakes his head knowingly. I will LET you touch the Adrenaline championship… I will let you hold it in your hands…

And just when you think that you can be more… that you don’t have to lie to yourself anymore about being a champion… that you can be a real SCW champion…

That is when I will TAKE it away from you!!

And that, ladies… all of that… drenched in MY spotlight… that will undoubtedly… Make Me Laugh!

A loud, haunting laugh escapes The Man Who Laughs, echoing off the arena roof and into Rise to Greatness below…
[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
4x SCW World Tag-Team Champion
2x SCW United States Champion
3x SCW Adrenaline Champion
SCW Television Champion
Longest Reigning SCW World Champion (234 days)
Winner of Shot of Adrenaline Tournament (2016)
Winner of Best of the Best Tournament (2016)
Winner of Trios Tournament (2018)
Winner of U.S. Championship Tournament (2020)
Winner of World Championship Tournament (2023)
Winner of Tactical Warfare (2014, 2019)
Winner of Elimination Chamber (2015)
Winner of Roofed Cage Match (2019)
Winner of Last Person Standing Match (2019)
The Unbelievable Main Event (2021-2023)
Winner of Double Jeopardy Match (2022)
Winner of EOTY Invitational (2023)
Female Wrestler of the Year (2016, 2021, 2022)
Tag-Team of the Year (2020 - w/ Regan Street)
Match of the Year (2018, 2019, 2021, 2023)
Feud of the Year (2014, 2019)

[Image: 34zetxl.png]