Gavin Taylor versus Kandis - Non Title
DEADLINE 1 - 1X 2,500 word limit RP, in whatever format you choose
FRIDAY 5th OCTOBER 2018 2359 GMT

DEADLINE 2 - 1x 750 word limit SHOOT rp, to be used in the show. This rp must be sent to the EMERGE PM box before the deadline of SUNDAY 7TH OCTOBER 2018 2359 EST
Gavin Taylor: The Interview
Interview conducted by: Sadie Sierra

Gavin Taylor’s career has been something of a marvel to witness. Starting in the now-defunct Shootclub Wrestling Alliance as Rock Strongbow, it was the raw charisma of the young man that captured the fans’ attention. He would become an instant fan-favourite in the Wrestling Association of Mexico, and become legendary in the Outback Wrestling League – both under the SWA umbrella. As time wore on, he found himself in Lone Star Wrestling in Texas where, for the first time in his illustrious career, he would turn heel. He’d remain an adversary of the fans – and fan-favourites such as Ariel Phoenix and Superstar Scott Thompson – for the remainder of the SWA’s life, through into the New Era Wrestling Alliance. Starting in Memphis’ River City Wrestling, he wouldn’t embrace the fans again until heading to Florida Superstar Wrestling where his wife had been engaged in a blood feud with her former best friend, Trinity Street. Eventually, Gavin would go through Dominion of Canada Wrestling where he was positioned to become the NEWA Champion – something that would never come to fruition as that alliance would fold. Gavin then went through three other companies: The Universal Wrestling Alliance, where he reigned as that company’s only Universal Champion (before that Championship name was picked up by some other globally-recognized company), the International Wrestling Cartel, and finally the Uprising Wrestling Association, before finding himself in EMERGE, the feeder company to Supreme Championship Wrestling, the worldwide leader in sports and entertainment.

Following his recent victory at Invasion Texas, where he reclaimed the EMERGE Rush Championship in a hotly contested match against now-former Champion Drake Hemingway, who previously taken the title from him at the SCW Rise to Greatness pre-show, I had an opportunity to sit down with the man known, for one, as “The All-Star”.

Gavin, thank you for joining us.
“You’re quite welcome, Sadie. It’s the responsibility of a Champion of my caliber and stature to do public interviews like this. Is this going to be broadcast anywhere?”

Well, we’re working on doing a podcast. Can I sign you up as a future guest?
“Absolutely. If there’s one thing that Gavin Taylor excels that above interviews to be written down, it’s interviews where the people can hear my voice.”

Good to know. First of all, congratulations on reclaiming the RUSH Championship.
“Thank you.”

What was it like to reclaim that Championship in a place you have had such a long, yet not always positive, history with like Texas?
“It was… different. You know, since I joined EMERGE, I’ve kind of been seen as the veteran trying for one last grasp at glory, but I don’t think of myself in that way at all. I’m 31 years old, Sadie. I still have many, many years in front of me, So the fact that, at 31, I’m “the veteran” kind of makes me laugh, you know? But by that same token, it puts me into a comfortable position, where the people in charge – my peers in many ways – know that they can count on me to tear the house down every night. They know that when they put Gavin Taylor on the card, they don’t have to worry about whether I’m going to be able to rise to the occasion.”

That doesn’t really answer my question.
“I know… I’m getting there. When I joined EMERGE after my tenure in Uprising, I was given a new lease on my career. I know many people think I shouldn’t have had this opportunity, but they don’t make the decisions. And when I came in, I changed my approach. I started simply competing, and the fans’ respect for me and my experience shows in those reactions. Now Texas was always going to be a different beast, but when it came down to it, they changed their perception of me just as I changed my approach, and ultimately, they embraced me. A Championship is a Championship, but being able to *fix* my image is something that’s going to pay dividends in the long run. So, I’m glad I was able to have that journey, and to have the match that I had with Drake Hemingway in Texas, in front of those fans who, a decade ago, wouldn’t hesitate to leave me for dead in the Alamo if they had the opportunity.”

And now you’re a two-time RUSH Champion. What does carrying that title, knowing that it’s still not the EMERGE Championship, mean to you at this stage of your career?
“First off, any time you can call yourself a CHAMPION is a good time. In EMERGE, there are only four – soon-to-be five – people who can call themselves “Champion”, so being one of those people puts me in an elite class. It means that the price of investing in me goes up. The flow into my bank account goes up. The responsibility goes up. But most of all, my status in the industry goes up. When you’re looking at companies, the first place you look is who is carrying the gold. Look at SCW right now: Sienna Swann, Bree Lancaster… these two are doing KILLER work as World and US Champions. Andrew Raynes is downright untouchable as Adrenaline Champion. You look at the gold, see who’s holding it and how they’re doing, and you immediately get a sense of how strong the company is. I like to think that, between Peyton Rice and Serotonin carrying the EMERGE and Tag Titles, and yours truly as RUSH Champion, that you could hold up EMERGE to any other company and we would compete.”

Would you be able to say that if Drake Hemingway was still Champion?
“Now that depends – are we talking Drake Hemingway solo? Or Drake Hemingway with a ringside area full of cult-virgins and Loretta Inglewood to tip the scales in his favour?”

You weren’t singing that tune after Rise to Greatness – why the change?
“After Rise to Greatness, I wanted to take the route that we were going to have a respectful match. Apparently for Drake, that meant using whomever would sacrifice themselves for the cause to steal the victory. Had he acknowledged that “Yeah, I did what I had to do to win”? Cool. I mean, it was still a shitty thing for him to do, but at least he would have owned up to it. Instead, he went on about this “purity” horseshit like what happened was perfectly on the level. I mean, come on. I get the concept of lying to keep your reputation intact, but this was just egregious. And the more he kept that tune up – the more he acted like his actions were perfectly reasonable and acceptable – the more it dug under my skin and, in the end, showed that something needed to be done about it. I realized that, as long as Loretta and the druids were allowed to hang around ringside, we would never really be playing on a level playing field. So, I asked Vee (Vanilla Skyy) what she was going to do about that playing field. She came through big time, levelled the playing field, and allowed the RUSH Championship to be determined by the two athletes in the ring. You can’t ask for anything more than that, can you?”

What are your thoughts on Drake’s statement that what happened at Invasion “Wasn’t supposed to happen”?
“I expected it. Hell, one year ago, I’d have said the same thing. But if you’re going to listen to that, you have to look at what the alternative is. Should the “druids” have been allowed to remain at ringside? Why? Because they were the way he was able to take the title in the first place. It should be obvious to anyone after that complaining, and after what happened after I BEAT HIM, shows that he didn’t want a level playing field. He wanted the advantage. He wanted to have someone there to bail him out once my natural talent kicks in before I take the W. I mean, that much should be PLAINLY obvious.”

Based on recent statements, it appears now that you’re going to be targeted by this Purity movement.
“And that’s nothing more than sour grapes, but I’m used to it. I’m an athlete. I perform at a high level every single time I step into the ring. It’s a natural thing to experience. I mean look at the New England Patriots or the Golden State Warriors through the lens of someone who isn’t a fan. Success breeds contempt, and I’m successful, so of course I’m going to be targeted by my peers.”

In your position, there’s always the potential of being called up to “The Show”: in this case, Supreme Championship Wrestling. What kind of compensation would it take to keep you happy there?
“Heh… you know, it’s funny. All the talk about contracts and compensations… obviously a wrestler of my talent would command a large salary, and being that this is a sport where individuals are measured by individual success, I don’t have the same concerns to worry about like a salary cap working against me.”

It has to be at least a little distracting wondering about what you’re worth beyond EMERGE?
“See, that’s the benefit of having an agent. My agent gets to worry about the dollars and cents and making sure I’m properly compensated. All I have to do is go out and wrestle, which - quite frankly - is my strength anyway. I’m not a dollars-and-cents kind of guy. But rest assured, my agent is empowered to make sure that, when that day comes… and it will come… I am well taken care of for my talents.”

Well, best of luck moving forward. We look forward to seeing you on the big stage.
“Of course you do.”

What can I really say about this interview. Is Gavin Taylor brash? Yes. Is he arrogant? Of course. Will this rub people the wrong way? It already has. But is he talented? Absolutely. Is he worthy of the buzz that follows him? In my opinion, yes. This is a man who has had opportunities before but, for whatever reason (if you listen to Gavin, it was political machinations working against him), hasn’t had that breakthrough moment yet. But you can see from his work in EMERGE, this is a man who hasn’t yet hit his prime. He’s still gaining momentum. And knowing what his reputation is and how much he’s done already, the fact that he may just be entering his prime has to be annoying to others. After all, for someone to be so brash, others take notice. And Gavin won’t shy away from the attention. He embraces it.

Just like an All-Star would. - SS
September 18th
Fort Worth, TX
--------------------------

The morning after Invasion, I woke up in my hotel room, in bed next to someone who in most cases, the situation would be considered inappropriate... people in most jobs shouldn't fuck their managers. In wrestling though? It's probably expected. Not that Dexter has really done much in the way of actually managing anything for me yet... but maybe this will change that. Anyway the show hadn't done much to make me happy so I needed fun. I definitley had that.

I rolled over to my side, still nude, and poked Dex's  ribs. He grunted, and turned to look at me with one eye open.
Ow... is it morning?
Morning is almost over. Did I wear you out that much?
He sat up a little, looking at me almost offended. “Course not! I have the stamina of a purebred racehorse! Didn't you notice?
I snickered. “Yeah, I did. It's still almost noon.
And we were busy until what? Four? Cut me some slack, woman.
I sat up and stretched, with my arms overhead, the motion pushing my tits out. I noticed him looking. “Oh fine. You're lucky I'm staying here til tomorrow or they'd be kicking us out, it's after check-out time.
Is that an invitation to stay the night again?
I lowered my arms and gave him a flirty grin. “It might be. But don't you have a contest to judge? I'd hate to be responsible for you not, uh... being up for judging.
I laughed, and Dex snickered. “Don't you worry about that sweets. I'm always up when it counts. I also am more than willing to take bribes. Hey wait.... is that why you invited me into your room, and into you?
No. I just thought you'd be fun. You were. Although, you do have an up close and personal look at the goods now, so whatever you want to do with that for your contest is in your hands.
I've had a lot more than that in my hands. And my mouth.... I could easily be swayed to throw the whole thing for you, y'know.
'Actually doll, I want you to do the opposite. Knock me out of the next round.
Dex seemed confused, he sat up all the way and eyed me up and down. “Seriously? You don't want to win a hotness contest?
I know I'm hot Dex, I don't need validation from a contest. But also... you already have Brittany Lohan claiming there's some kind of fix, since you picked me over her. You're my manager... you can't have me win, it'll look bad. So just put Sienna over me and be done with it. Not like anyone will question that, she's fucking smoking.
That got a grin. “Didn't know you had a thing for the ladies.
I don't. Well... I don't know. Never tried. But I'm not blind. So, put her over me. Claims of your contest being fixed will go away.
You really want me to do that? Without judging?
If you actually judged? I'd win the whole thing, I doubt any of the others are gonna fuck you.
Hmm. You're probably right, there. And you have a point about the manager/client deal. Alright. You win. Err... don't win.
Good call. Now... before we do anything silly like get dressed, how about I take some more advantage of one of the perks of being your client?
I leaned over closer, practically pressing my tits into his chest. He grinned and nodded. “Take all the advantage you want.
I grabbed his face and kissed him, and was just about to push him down to straddle him when my phone rang. We both sighed hard, and I reached over to grab it. I didn't recognize the number, but it could be for an art commission. I looked at Dex apologetically.
It could be about a job.. sorry...
Dex waved me off, and I answered.

Hello?
Hi, is this Kandis?
Yep. What can I do for you?
I'm not sure if you'll remember me, my name is Jennifer Martin, I-
Holy shit! Of course I remember you! How did you get my number?
Jennifer was my social worker through most of my childhood going through foster families until I stayed with the one I consider my family; she placed me there when I was fourteen.
Oh good, that makes this a little less awkward. And I got your number because the agency keeps records updated for people who went through the system. I believe we got it from Nathan.
I'll thank him, I've wondered how you were doing.
I noticed Dex giving me an odd look, but I ignored him.
Good, I'm still working with the agency. That's why I called you, Kandis. We need your help.
Jennifer's tone changed, to what I wasn't sure. Apprehension?
I don't know what I could do for you, but ask away.
I heard her take a deep breath, and she hesitated so long I thought the call got disconnected.
Jen?
I'm here... sorry. It's about... the Andersons.
Oh. That's why she hesitated. They were the family I was with for three months before Jennifer found the Williamson's, the family I call mine to this day.
No. Whatever it is, no!
Listen, I'm sorry that I'm making you think about that mess, but it's important. If it wasn't I wouldn't have called you. Danny did it again. We need-
I'm gonna have to call you back.

Without waiting for Jennifer to reply, I ended the call and grabbed my shirt that was draped over the chair next to the bed, then tossed Dex's clothes at him. He caught the pile of clothes and looked at me in bewilderment as I pulled my shirt on then pointed to the door.
Sorry, you have to go.
What? Why? Is everything okay?
No, I'm pretty sure everything is fucked. No hard feelings or anything, okay? We can do this again sometime, but right now you have to go. Please.
Dex had started getting up and putting his shirt and jeans on as I spoke. “Yeah, sure. Whatever is going on, I hope it works out okay.
I doubt it, but thanks.
Dex seemed hesitant to leave, I guess I looked upset. Fuck, I was upset! After stuffing his shoes on and grabbing his wallet from the nightstand, Dex pecked a kiss on my cheek, but still looked concerned. I gave him a weak grin.
I'll call you, okay?
Sure. Take care, Kandis. And don't worry about the contest. You'll be out.
Shit. I had already forgot about that. I just nodded and watched as he walked out. I waited a few seconds, then sat in the chair, still only wearing my shirt, and called Jennifer back.

Hi, Kandis?
Yeah. Sorry about that. Someone was here, and-
It's fine. I'm surprised you called back.
So am I. Cut to the chase, Jen. What do you mean, Danny did it again? What did he do?
My former foster 'father' (I use the term  loosely) committed more than one un-father-like acts during the three months I lived with him and his wife Kathy.
Well, they recently had the care of a thirteen year old girl. And-
Okay. That. Got it. What exactly do you need me for?
He's been arrested. We need you to make a statement, and perhaps testify if-
I felt my blood instantly boil over.
Are you fucking kidding me, Jen?! Fifteen years ago no one gave a damn what I had to say about that asshole, but now you do? Get the fuck out of here. No. No!
I heard her take a deep breath, and I did too. I had an instant anger headache.
I deserve that, I think. But please hear me out?
This ought to be good. You're lucky I have morbid curiosity.
Thank you. Listen, I am sorry for what happened to you fifteen years ago. We explained to you then why it wouldn't have been a good idea to make a formal report. You had bounced around several homes, made many complaints. The agency saw you as a troubled child-
I think you mean problem child.
If you want to call it that, yes. They wouldn't have believed you.
Oh but now they do? Do you have any idea how shitty this sounds?
Yes. I've had three other conversations just like this one this morning. I-
Three?! Fuck's sake, how the hell were these people still fostering? Did no one report them?
I heard another sigh. “Until recently, no. Case workers are not allowed to share details of their cases with each other. The other three girls had three different workers. None of us knew about the others, the indcidents spanned a few years. You were the first. This girl? Made such a fuss, she wouldn't be silenced... and she had proof. Now we need to show the history, and not only make sure no children go to that home again, but that Mr. Anderson stays behind bars. Like I said... we need you.
This is a steaming pile of bullshit! What about your director? The one who told me to keep my mouth shut? I bet he knew about the other three, and told them to shut up too! So the agency that had no interest in helping me then wants my help now? You can tell them I said to kiss my entire gigantic ass.... twice!
I heard another sigh. I didn't give a shit how frustrated Jennifer was, or how hard I was making her job – again. These people had some fucking balls!
Can I ask you to take a few days to think about it, before you refuse?
You can ask me again in a few days, I can't see myself agreeing to talk now when I was told not to because no one would believe me. What's the difference now, huh? Cause I'm not a kid? Cause I'm on TV, so I'm more believable? What?!
Because... we made a mistake. And we want to fix it.
It's fifteen years too late to fix it for me.

And I ended the call.

The nerve.

The fucking nerve!

I got up and pulled pants and shoes on, then stormed downstairs and out the hotel door, to a bar across the street. Yeah, it was just noon on a Tuesday, but I needed several drinks thanks to Jennifer making me think about things I hadn't thought about since I was a kid. With good reason.

Danny fucking Anderson.

Somehow he and his wife had gotten through all the tests and background checks to become foster parents... only to feed his fetish for teenage girls.

Now they want to listen to me.

Fuck them.

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*

Invasion is over, I kicked a few asses in the stupid battle royal before Mika Kozlov chucked me out. Whatever. Everything about that show  pissed me off. For most of the year, I have been all over the main event... until I lost two matches and then BAM! Filler battle royal with a pity prize for the winner. I told you at Invasion and I'll say it again in case you missed it....I am better than that, and I will not settle for being shoved into a pile with everyone else, I deserve and demand the spotlight back!

Clearly someone was paying attention because now? I have a match that could mean something. I'm facing someone I haven't faced yet, Gavin Taylor... who just so happens to hold the Rush Championship. Again. Congrats on making history doll, but you need to understand this too – you also made one hell of an enemy. I've spoken to Drake enough to know that he's the kind of guy who doesn't really let go of grudges, and taking the mans championship is one hell of a way to create a grudge. He was clearly pissed as soon as the match was over.... you do remember that, right?

Yeah, you do.

So I'm just saying. Don't get too comfortable with that belt. I know its not up for grabs in our match, and even though I made a fuss about being an afterthought and deserving more... that's fine with me. Who am I to step in the way of a man with a grudge, right? Instead.. I'm gonna do everything I can to help him.

In case you don't catch my meaning, I'll explain. See, I'm gonna give you a fight you don't expect, I'm gonna shake your confidence, then I'm gonna beat you. And when the time comes for you to defend that title in a rematch? You will be easy pickings for my boy Drake.

I know, that sounds weird, cause he's all into this pure BS and he's got like followers or acolytes or some shit now... and a wife, who would have seen that coming? And I'm the furthest thing from pure that most of you will ever see. But I have to hand it to the guy, he's dedicated to what he believes in and that's more than most people can say.

Do you believe in anything, Gavin? Or do you just act like you believe in yourself and hope no one sees through the smoke and mirrors?

And don't try to tell me I'm talking out of my ass, because like recognizes like. I know all about putting on a front and hoping for the best. Your extreme confidence and ego are nothing but a cover for the fact that you aren't really sure if you're everything you say you are.

I know this, because I've done it. Most of my life actually. Even here in Emerge to a degree. But a few losses and then being shoved aside for the next big thing does a lot to make a person really take a look at themselves. I tried to be something I wasn't.

No more of that shit, doll.

I'm not a nice person, I don't really respect everyone just for being here, that has to be earned. And if you piss me off? May whatever god you believe it save your soul.

You haven't pissed me off Gavin. Yet. But you pissed one of my friends off. And that's close enough.

Hope you're ready to be tenderized.
[Image: LIkgPge.png]

SCW: 26 - 35 - 5 || Career: 35 - 41 - 5
>>>>>*<<<<<
SCW World Champion
4X SCW Tag Team Champion W/ Tommy Valentine
[The Connection]