Owen Lee vs. Drake Hemingway
Owen Lee vs. Drake Hemingway

2 RP Limit; Word Limits in effect

Deadline: Wednesday, December 29, 2021 at 11:59:59 pm ET
18th June 2021

New York City
0715AM

It had been a rollercoaster of emotions for Owen Cruze over the past two months, both personally and professionally. Finding out that Orlando wasn’t his birth Father had been a kicker for sure. Maisie Phillips doing her best ‘Mrs. Robinson’ impression something else he could have done without. But then to top it all off, he had failed at Taking Home of the Flame when he was certain he would succeed. Being in the last two with Ace, Owen had believed it was in the bag, a World Title shot he believed he had already earned by right, finally in the bag. Nothing could stop him from going on to become the World Champion once more, the only twenty-one-year-old two-time World Champion in history. But someone did stop him. Ace Marshall. And Owen had spiraled from there. All he knew was that now wasn’t the time to go back to Los Angeles. He didn’t need the bullshit that was waiting for him there. He didn’t know why he felt drawn to New York, but that was precisely where he found himself, pacing the streets as dawn started to break. It was no real surprise to him that he stopped outside one building, to look up at the sign above the door.

‘THE ORLANDO CRUZE ACADEMY OF WRESTLING’

The New York branch of Ante-Up, a place where Owen had learned at least some of his craft. Before he realizes it, he pushes the door open, and breathes in that oh so familiar smell, something that hadn’t changed throughout the years. He looks around, his gaze drawn to the picture of Orlando that hung from the walls, a deep sigh and a shake of the head making it obvious what he thought of that. Fact was, he wanted to hate Orlando for the deceit, but he couldn’t. And not being able to get rid of that pain was slowly breaking him down. And he knew it.

“Owen… what the hell are you doing here?”

Owen turns, and immediately recognizes a familiar face in Adam Lucas, another former pupil of the ICON wrestling school as it was once known. They fist bump, Adam seemingly pleased to see him. One of the few people that would be right now that’s for sure.

Adam: Watched your performance at Taking Hold of the Flame, was quite something.

Owen: Didn’t win, though did I?

Adam: No, but it’s not always about the winning is it. Your Dad taught us that.

Owen shrugs his shoulders. He couldn’t really be surprised that Orlando would come up in conversation, but it didn’t make it hurt any less.

Owen: Anyway, how’s EAW going? Still climbing that ladder.

Adam: Always trying bro, not often someone like me is giving a second chance, and I intend on taking it.

Adam had been kicked out of ICON for a drug related incident that Owen had never thought was his fault. After working the Village Halls, he had been lucky enough to be spotted by Elite Answers Wrestling. Since signing for them, he had taken the company by storm, and was well on his way to making his name in the business. To Owen, it reminded him of who he once was. A kid with a blinkered view on wrestling, not realizing the darker side that was always there. Adam would one day find that out for himself, but for Owen, however refreshing it was to hear, he knew it was a million miles away from the truth. Owen had once been SCW’s bright young star, just like Adam was EAW’s now, and once they had gotten what they wanted from him, the company had chewed him up and spat him out, giving opportunities to people that were in now way more deserving than he was.

Owen: You do you bro… I’m sure you’ll get there.

Adam: Well, let’s face it, I got more talent than you so…

That comment brings the slightest of grins to Owen’s face. He hadn’t smiled in a while, so it feels almost alien to him.

Owen: Yeah, yeah… come back when you’ve won your first World Championship huh?

Adam laughs. He’d heard what Owen had been like of late and how he had been struggling, and how he thought he had already been cast aside. But the person he was talking to sounded a million miles away from the person that internet forums had him believe he’d become. Yes, he didn’t seem in the best frame of mind, but he was just coming off what had been a huge loss, and there was no shame in that.

Adam: So anyway, what you doing around these parts?

For just a moment, Owen thinks about opening his heart to everything that was going on. Adam was just about the closest friend he had right now, everyone else having turned away from him. And yet, it didn’t seem right, pouring out all his troubles to someone who was obviously having the time of his life.

Owen: I dunno, guess I’m just looking to make sense of a few things. Get my head straight you know?

Adam: Been there bro, got the tee-shirt.

Owen: Just thought if I took in a few of the old haunts, it would help me get a sense of perspective.

Adam: And has it?

Owen puffs out his cheeks and shrugs his shoulders.

Owen: Fucked if I know mate. Guess I gotta keep looking for the answers yeah?

Adam places a hand on Owen’s shoulder

Adam: You’ll get there man, you’re a Cruze, your Dad’s boy. You’ll find what you are looking for.

Owen nods, with the thought clear in the back of his mind ‘if only you knew’.

Owen: Anyway, I’d best be off… keep reaching for those stars Lucas.

Adam: You too… and if you need anything, ever. You know where I am.

Owen nods, and makes his way over to the door, with one final glance over at the picture of his Father.

Adam: See ya Owen

Without even looking back, Owen waves over his shoulder and exits out into the New York air. Even now, he knew where his feet were taking him, a place he thought he wouldn’t go back to after last time, but a necessary closure. The memorial had been a place of comfort for him on so many occasions, and yet now he felt like it was an hinderance. As he gets closer, he can feel his anger increasing so that by the time he reaches the gates, he pushes them open with a force that causes them to crash against the wall. For probably the first time he doesn’t notice the flowers blooming, or the trickling of water from the feature that had calmed him on so many occasions. He quickly finds the memorial wall and sits himself down staring into the eyes of his Father’s picture with an intensity that previously he would have felt guilty about, but which was now a necessary evil. Pent up aggression continuing to build.

Owen: Why?

He pauses, waiting for an answer that of course never materializes.

Owen: All those years, none of you telling me. Your brother, ostracized, because he was my REAL Father. Birthdays, Christmases, the video you recorded for me when I turned twenty-one. ALL of it a lie.

He lowers his head, starting to feel miserable but refusing to do so. He wanted to be angry, not sad. He needed to be furious for what Orlando had done to him.

Owen: Did you think I would love you less? Was that it? Was you scared that I’d seek Finn out because you weren’t enough for me?

Owen narrows his eyes

Owen: I fucking adored you, you were everything to me, my hero. And now…

He brings his fist down on the bench, punching one of the slats which cracks under the impact, but Owen’s knuckles faring far worse as they bust open, bleeding profusely. Owen doesn’t seem to feel it. Either that or he simply doesn’t care.

Owen: You mean nothing to me. All these people that have lied to me, can go to hell. Find someone else to continue your legacy because I’m done.

He looks back at the picture

Owen: You hear me ‘Lando’… I’M FUCKING DONE. I hate you for this.

A single tear forms, Owen quickly wiping it away.

Owen: I’ll always hate you, till the day I die.

Owen finally looks at his damaged knuckles, and wipes them on his jeans, as a boy and his Mother walk through the park, stopping in front of the memorial. The boy however isn’t interested in the memorial, having spotted Owen sitting close by.

Boy: Mom, Mom… it’s Owen… look.

The Mother turns around and immediately see’s that Owen is distressed and then his knuckles which Owen tries to hide.

Mother: Sorry were you…

Owen gets to his feet, taking something out of his jacket pocket.

Owen: Don’t be sorry, I’ll get out your way.

Mother: No, it’s OK we were just passing by and Nathan is a wrestling fan so…

Owen: No, it’s all good. I’ve said what I had to say, just got one more thing to do.

Owen walks over to the photo and glares at it for a few moments, before then taking the marker he had gotten out of his pocket earlier, and writes something on the photo, which isn’t visible to the camera, Owen’s head in the way. Once done, he turns, nodding to the mother.

Owen: There, better.

Owen walks away, the camera then focusing on the Mom and Son, the son looking at the photo and obviously puzzled

Nathan: What does that mean Mom?

The camera pans around to the photo, LIAR!!! Scrawled over Orlando’s face, his eyes scribbled out, as the scene fades.

23rd June 2021
Newquay
1235PM

If Owen had thought his visit to New York would do him good, the reality was it made things a whole lot worse. Rather than subdue the way he was feeling, it increased his need to let the world know exactly how he felt right now, and he found himself lashing out at anyone who tried to get close. His Mom, Kloe had left tens of messages and a raft of missed calls. Shaun had tried, Taylor… even Chris Cannon had offered his support even after all they had been through. His actions after Taking Hold of the Flame where he had attacked Olek whilst on a stretcher had now become common knowledge, and if he wasn’t public enemy number one before, he certainly was now. The ‘tweet’ SCW had posted to announce his indefinite suspension had done nothing to lift his mood either, and in fact it had just caused him to dig his heels in. And as of now, Owen was refusing to pay the fine for his actions that evening, and consequently, he had been indefinitely suspended from competition. Now onto one of the SCW Officials, he wasn’t about to lose face.

Owen: I don’t care, I’m not paying that fine. If I must sit out the rest of my contract before I can compete somewhere else, then that’s exactly what I’m going to do. I’ve earned a rest anyways.

He waits, as we faintly hear someone speaking on the other end, but not able to make out what is being said.

Owen: Giving me my chance does not entitle that jackass to treat me like shit because he didn’t have the first clue what to do with me. I’ve fought Aries now for the best part of two years and yet the only way I can get close to a World title is by competing in a Battle Royal. Everything I’ve done for this company and I get fined for ONE misdemeanor after everything Giovanni has and will do.

He pauses again, holding the phone from his ear obviously unconcerned by anything they are saying.

Owen: No, it isn’t about him, it’s about ME and the way I’ve been treated. The company should be saying sorry to ME for putting me through all this crap, not the other way around. Anything that happened to Olek was no more than he deserved for trying to ruin my career. So, if you think I’m going to pay this fine just so that I can give myself over to SCW you can think again. I’ll wait till the contract is up, and then I’ll go sign for a company who recognizes true talent when they see it and doesn’t give title shots to the ones who shout the loudest.

He listens once again, shaking his head dismissively before cutting in.

Owen: No bro, I don’t have to do anything. Tell Olek I said hi…

He ends the call, and throws the phone onto the sofa, and takes the deepest of breaths.

“Bad time?”

Owen spins around to face Dani, a former school friend from his time in Newquay. He puffs out his cheeks and shakes his head

Owen: Nah, just job stuff. They’ll get over it.

Dani: Sorry, I was passing and saw the door open so thought you must be back.

Owen: Yeah, I’m back… home sweet home, right? Coffee?

Dani: Sure

Dani follows him into the kitchen, where Owen already had some on the go. A few minutes later both are sat out in the garden, the tide in and crashing to the shore not 400 yards away.

Dani: So how have you been?

Owen: Not sure you want the answer to that question

Dani: That bad huh?

Owen: It’s not been the best couple of months.

Dani: Didn’t see Harriet on the way in, or Virgil for that matter

Harriet was Owen’s housekeeper, and Virgil his dog.

Owen: I let Harriet go… she was too careless and after what happened with Virgil, I just couldn’t trust her anymore. Virgil is stopping with a family I know in London because now I never know where I’m going to be from one day to the next. They are good people though, I helped them out once, so they are doing me a favor. Once I’m settled, I’m go get him. Really miss him though… was just about the only constant I had left.

Dani: That’s so sad

Owen: Yeah, I know, but it’s for the best.

Dani: Well, you have me

Owen hesitates, Dani noticing immediately

Dani: Well, this doesn’t bode well. I thought we were getting on.

Owen: We were, I mean we are.

He takes a sip from his mug, trying to find the right words.

Owen: I’m just not in a good place right now. I seem to be jumping from one situation to the next and a relationship right now? I have to be honest with you, it scares me. Nearly everyone that gets close to me either lies, or gets hurt, and I can’t have that for you. I guess what I’m saying is I need a friend right now, and nothing more.

He looks at her sheepishly

Owen: Is that OK?

Dani: Well, I can’t say that I’m not disappointed but of course it is. Whatever you need.

Owen: Thanks for understanding Dani. I appreciate it.

There is an uneasy silence for a moment, which gets increasingly more awkward. It falls to Owen to break it, in an unexpected way.

Owen: Orlando wasn’t my Father

For a moment Dani isn’t sure she has heard correctly.

Dani: What?

Owen: Orlando wasn’t my birth father… they lied to me all these years.

Dani: Owen, I… I don’t know what to say.

Owen: It’s fine, how could you?

Dani: Are you sure? I mean, how did you find out?

Owen: Helping Mom move I came across some old boxes with documents in them.

Dani: I mean, you may have misunderstood?

Owen: Yeah, I hoped so too… but then I confronted Mom and she admitted it.

Dani: Oh Owen…

Owen: It’s gets worse. You know Finn, the guy I told you about.

Dani: The guy who shot himself in…

The look on her face shows that the penny had indeed dropped

Owen: Yep, the guy who blew his brains out in front of me, the guy I thought was my Uncle, was Daddy Dearest. Couldn’t write it could you?

Dani: I’m so sorry Owen.

Owen holds up his hands and shakes his head.

Owen: Over it. Did a lost of therapy to get over that bastard fucking me up, I’m not going to cry any tears over that dipshit now. But its all the lies Dani, how could they have lied to my face for all this time? And worse still… were they EVER going to tell me, because it doesn’t seem like it. Orlando, Ruby my sister, my Uncle Shaun. All bollocks. Fuck my life, right?

Dani: Must be tough for you Owen.

Owen: I know right? And yet I’ve got people in Canada telling me I’ve got to say sorry and pay a bullshit fine just because I dared to lose my temper when I got this shit, real shit going on. Well fuck them, fuck em all. I don’t need any of them.

Dani takes his hand and holds it on the table, not knowing the words to say but looking into his eyes. She didn’t see the guy she once knew; she saw someone who was in the depths of misery, his life turned upside down. She understood why he was lashing out, like many others couldn’t. Owen sighs deeply, and lowers his head for a moment, composing himself. It wasn’t Dani’s fault; she’d done nothing but be there for him to unburden himself of this sorry secret.

Owen: I had such dreams for this place Dani, but I look around and all I see are memories that now are nothing more than a façade. I can’t live here knowing that every place I look, every time I turn, there is going to be something reminding me of everything that I have lost. Football right there with Shaun in the Garden, baking in that very kitchen… days out on the beach building sandcastles. I can’t do it Dani, I won’t do it. It’s all got to go.

Without another word he walks back into the house leaving Dani outside for a few moments. He reappears with his mobile in his hand, holding it out in front of him as he scrolls through his contacts.

Owen: Just give me a minute will you?

Dani: Sure…

Dani gets to her feet and runs her hand against Owen’s forearm, Owen giving her a weak smile. Once she has gone into the house, he dials one of the contacts, holding the phone to his ear.

Owen: Hey, it’s Owen… Yeah, I’m good thanks, look I need you to do me another favor?

Owen looks down the pathway and towards the beach, and in his mind, he can see clear as day him, Ruby, Kloe and Orlando messing around on the beach, smiles on all their faces. He isn’t smiling though, right now all he can think of is how he hates that image, and never wants to see it again.

Owen: I need you to put the Newquay house on the market. Don’t care how much, I just want it sold.

He listens to the response, nodding his head.

Owen: Cool, speak to you then.

He ends the call and walks back into the house, closing the French doors behind him. And it is on those doors that the scene fades.
[Image: 270041540-258425806375597-7033161467703002046-n.png]
[Image: Lulk76n.png]
10th July 2021

Los Angeles
1115 AM

Owen had arrived back in Los Angeles with one intention. Taking care of loose ends and getting the hell out of America. His standoff with SCW now meant that he had a lot of time on his hands, and he was going to make the most of that by finally taking a rest from the industry that had almost broken him. He didn’t know how, but Shaun had found out he was back in the country, and following a text, Owen had begrudgingly agreed to meet with him. Now sat waiting in a café he knew was one of Shaun’s favorites, he had to admit to feeling a little anxious as to how this meeting was going to go. Thankfully he doesn’t have too long to think about it, as Shaun is as punctual as over, and without a word he takes a seat, motioning towards the waitress to bring him his usual.

Shaun: Thanks for this Owen, wasn’t sure you’d turn up

Owen: Thought crossed my mind.

Shaun senses the tone of Owen’s voice, his anger immediately obvious. The waitress breaks that atmosphere temporarily, as he places Shaun’s coffee in front of him. Shaun cups the mug with his hands, warming them.

Shaun: Where do we start huh?

Owen knew exactly where he wanted to start, he’d rehearsed this moment methodically. 

Owen: Did you know?

Shaun immediately shakes his head.

Shaun: No Owen I didn’t.

Owen: And it that the truth? I asked because there isn’t a great deal of it hanging around now.

Shaun: It’s the truth. I couldn’t believe it when Kloe told me what was going on.

Owen nods, he believed him as there was a sincerity in his voice that he trusted.

Owen: Hmmm, I can imagine. Was quick the shock for me as well.

He doesn’t hide the sarcasm

Owen: So how is Mother, still standing by the fact it was better that I didn’t know the truth?

Shaun: She’s not doing great… 

Owen: Well good, at least that’s something. I can assure you though, she ain’t feeling nowhere near as shit as I’ve been over the past few weeks. 

Shaun: Probably not, but you really should talk to her Owen. Let her at least try to explain.

Owen: Shaun… I agreed to meet you, I didn’t promise to agree with anything you said, and with regards to Mom, right now at least, there is nothing that she can say to make this any better. My life has been on big fucking lie Shaun…

Shaun: He was still your Father Owen

Owen: No Shaun, no he wasn’t. Yeah, he played the part, but the reality is I wasn’t his blood, I’m barely a Cruze, seeing as Finn was treated like the black sheep. Right now, I can’t get past the deceit, and I’m not sure I ever will. All I know is right now, I’m alone… and you know what, that’s exactly the why I want it to be.

Shaun: What? And in the process destroy everything you ever worked for?

Owen: You mean the fabled ‘Cruze legacy’? Yeah, that was a lie as well, and I’m glad to be rid of it. All I gotta do now is wait out my contract and then I can forget about all this sorry mess and start again. 

Shaun: And you think that’s the best plan? 

Owen: It’s the only option I have right now Shaun. I can’t go back to SCW now, not after what I did to Olek, and truthfully, I don’t think I want to.

Shaun nods his head, not agreeing but hearing what Owen was saying. Owen was troubled, there was no doubt about it, but Shaun saw no benefit in pushing the ‘family’ on him anymore than he already had. That would need time, perhaps Owen would never be ready to sort the binds that once tied the family together, but Shaun couldn’t let him throw away his career as well.

Shaun: Look Owen, I know how you are feeling right now…

Owen: Do you? I don’t think so.

Shaun: I know your angry, and if there is someone who knows a bit about anger it’s me.

Owen: OK, so what’s your point?

Shaun: My point is regardless of how you are feeling right now, that is no reason to flush everything you have achieved down the toilet. Just put an end to it. Burning bridges might feel good now, and I can assure you, I’ve on more than one occasion wanted to feel Olek under my boot. But the thing is, SCW doesn’t suffer, Olek doesn’t suffer. In fact, the only person that suffers from these actions is you. You’re better than this.

Owen: So, you think I should pay the fine?

Shaun nods his head, confirming his thoughts.

Shaun: I do yes. Olek will get it, he’ll understand what you’ve been through.

Owen: Maybe, but even before all of this, he was overlooking me all the time. Putting me in bullshit matches when I deserved so much more.

Shaun: Perhaps, but by taking this course of action, all you are doing his proving his point. That’s you DON’T deserve these opportunities. Sitting out your contract and going somewhere else might sound like the best idea, but if you start getting yourself a reputation as a troublemaker, who else is going to sign you?

Owen: EAW?

Shaun shrugs.

Shaun: No one is bigger than SCW Owen, and deep down you know that. I thought you had a bit more fight than that.

Owen: Well, maybe I’m sick of fighting. Maybe it’s time for me to do something else, rather than busting my balls for very little in return.

Shaun: So, there really is no ‘Cruze’ DNA left in you huh?

Shaun had said it as a throwaway comment, not expecting Owen to simply smirk.

Owen: No, there isn’t. And you know what, because of the trouble that name has caused me, that’s one of the small mercies to have come from this. I can be myself; I don’t have to live up to a ‘standard’, and I’ve more than enough money to simply walk away. I don’t need SCW Shaun. I don’t need ‘family’, and I certainly don’t need you. 

Owen gets to his feet, throwing some money on the table.

Owen: Buy yourself a muffin or something, my treat.

Shaun looks up at Owen and shakes his head, not sure what to say.

Owen: See you around.

Without another word, Owen heads to the exit and out the door without once looking back. Once outside, his phone pings, and Owen half expects it to be a message from Shaun, his eyes widening as he sees the source of the message. He pulls up the Twitter app, and reads the message in full, a message from Daisy Lee, someone he hadn’t heard from in the longest time.

‘It’s time to come home’

Owen smirks, putting his cellphone back in his jacket pocket, as the scene fades.

30th December 2021
Ottawa, ON

Once it had been confirmed, and the ink was dry on his new contract, Owen knew precisely what he needed to do. There were so many people that he had wronged before, it was impossible to beg them all for forgiveness. All that he could do was show the world that he regretted his actions, and he wanted, no needed to do better. No one would ever really know what had happened in the last six months, and how much he owed his life to Daisy Lee, and how this moment could have been so much different. In time, he would need to thank a lot of people, but at the forefront of this was Daisy, who had rebuilt him from the ground up and once again given him a purpose. That purpose, quite simply, redemption. This being Owen’s first time back in front of a camera had meant the SCW had afforded him his own camera crew, eager to capture his first words back as an active competitor. That added a little more pressure to the moment, but it was pressure that Owen was more than ready to embrace. The camera starts to record, and Owen doesn’t smile, in fact he shows very little emotion. He was here for one purpose, and one purpose alone. To talk to Drake Hemingway, the first stop of a new journey. The journey back.

/REC

“The more things change, the more they stay the same. That would be my summary of everything I see in the SCW right now. When I left under a cloud, the lunatics were running the asylum, I know this because I was one of them. Flash forward six months, and we see the same antics, but with a different person in charge. A person that was more than willing to give me a second chance. See, I don’t need to be told all the things I got wrong post Taking Hold of the Flame. I acted like a dick, I lashed out at the wrong people. I blamed people for my demise that had very little bearing. Yes, I had a reason… but it certainly isn’t an excuse. You mess up, the only thing you can do is own it, and move on. And that was something that back then I refused to do. Instead, what I did was look at everyone else and blame them. I took a chunk out of everyone except for the person who could do something about it. That person of course was me, and thankfully the new General Manager round here doesn’t hold that against me, and neither does Olek. And now, it’s up to me to repay that faith… their faith…”

He points towards the camera

“YOUR faith. Because make no bones about it, I don’t deserve that faith. Coming back to the ring on Breakdown, the boos, the jeers… I deserved them no doubt about it. The cheers though, they came as a surprise, because I’d done nothing to get those. The difference is between the guy who threw a tantrum at Taking Hold of the Flame, and the one sat here before you right now, is that I understand BOTH those reactions, and I listen to what you are saying to me, and what you need from me. Believe me, I will NEVER take you for granted again. Owen Cruze messed up, Owen Lee will not, I promise you that. And although it may be a rough ride along the way, the journey, and the destination will be worth it, for EVERYONE. Because something else I realized during my hiatus, is that the SCW isn’t about one person, just like it isn’t about a self-absorbed, self-entitled group that believe everyone should bow before them, and woe betide anyone who disagrees with their flawed logic.”

He finally affords himself a smirk.

“Jackals, picking the carcass of other people’s successes. Sounds about right.”

Owen shifts in his seat, lifting his right foot and resting it on his left leg, holding it there.

“Let’s get one thing straight right off the bat shall we Drake? Let’s not pretend for one second that this is going to be Owen Cruze against Drake Hemingway the way it should be. I mean, when has a ‘Jackal’ ever got something done on their own. That’s not to say I don’t understand the logic of the group, and the benefits of having someone who has your back, I was a part of the Perfect Pack after all. But comparing the Jackals with the Perfect Pack is like comparing eggs and apples, there is no real comparison. And when it came to the group that Kelcey put together, we were ALL equals. Tell me Drake, can you say that the Jackals are the same and keep a straight face? I mean, until recently it was obvious that Konrad was the weak link, a person only kept around for Minerva’s benefit. The minute she left; Konrad was cast aside without a second thought. Don’t get me wrong, it was a good call, but if Minerva hadn’t had left, and someone needed to be blamed for the Jackals failings, where do you think the blame would have landed? Minerva? Konrad? Tommy? Kandis? No, it would have come down to you Drake. The least important cog in the Jackal wheel. Even now, as I get in the Jackals business, is it Kandis or Tommy stepping up? Nope, it’s you, the bait sent out quite literally to lure me out in the Canadian Tire Center tomorrow night. It’s kinda funny, how obvious it is that this is being set up as a trap to try and put an end to my resistance right from the start. But the thing is, I’ve dealt with far more significant threats than the three of you. What are you going to do huh? How can you hurt me anymore than the pain I have already felt this year? Put me out of action? I’d like to see you try with Daisy stood ‘quietly’ in my corner. That’s the problem Drake, since Minerva left, all your threats and promises have fallen flat. That’s not your fault, that’s a total lack of direction, and a firm belief that you are nothing more than a hanger-on as far as The Connection are concerned. You believe you are given more respect than Konrad, you think that they wouldn’t turn on you in a heartbeat, but you’re wrong. So very wrong. And if Loretta had anything about her she would tell you the exact same thing. You’re just another more than capable wrestler pissing his talent up the wall for the sake of an illusion of dominance. A façade of success. It’s pitiful, that someone like you allows yourself to be treated this way. But at least it gives the rest of us a little light relief from constantly shrugging our shoulders at your groups ‘actions’. The neck cramps are real Drake.”

Owen was starting to get back into his stride. It had been six months since he had filmed one of these, and he knew the reality was there would be many that were analyzing his every word.

“I mean, let’s look at the harsh truth Drake. In EMERGE… that was where this God-like attitude was born, as you chased the EMERGE Championship. There, you preached, you preached and then you preached some more, but literally no one listened to you. NO ONE. Now, you’ve arrived here in SCW, a place with perhaps the biggest talent pool in our industry, a depth not seen in any other company, and you’re preaching again, but this time no one CARES. I don’t know, do you tweet your own stuff, or do you have someone do it for you? I guess what I am saying is it you that’s to blame or is there someone who needs to be fired. Because bro, I don’t know what you were looking to achieve from your little statement when you found out you’d be facing me at the End of the Year Special, but if it was meant to make me regret my decision to return, I’m afraid it fell flat, just like so much of your meandering rhetoric. 

Drake, ask yourself this? 

Do you think I’ve been sat on my ass the last six months? Do you think I’m going to suffer from ring-rust, and this is going to give you your chance to put a tick in the ‘W’ column? I bought out my contract, you saw that right? I was able to compete where the hell I liked, and I never stopped competing. 

Not once. 

Yes, it was away from the glare of the lights, and the television cameras, but all the time I was gaining EVEN MORE experience for a guy my age, because there is no one my age in this entire industry that has the experience I do. In places where the hunger to succeed is next level. You’re expecting to face the guy that left, I can hear that in your statements, and you have very little idea or realization that I am SO much more than that now. The Jackals are known for their aggression, right? Well, thanks to Daisy, I’ll match that and then some. The FACT of the matter is you have NO idea what it is you are going up against. And by comparison, I know EXACTLY who you are. Already, you are basing your thought process on assumptions. Already, you are bringing about your potential demise. Apparently what YOU do best. Because Drake, already I hear you bleating like a stuffed pig, claiming your shot because you beat Jordan Majors. Well newsflash Jackass, one, I ain’t Jordan Majors, and two, beating Jordan on a rare off day for her don’t prove shit. When I beat you, does that mean I’M next in line for an Adrenaline title shot? No, because that’s not how the business works. I’ve so much I would still have to prove. And that’s my point Drake, so do YOU, even if you can’t accept that. One victory in the grands scheme means nothing… now can you do it again against a former World Champion?”

Owen shrugs his shoulders, biting on his bottom lip.

“Maybe you can, but if you think standing up to you and your bunch of reprobates is going to fill me full of regret should you do so, then you’re whole thought process is absurd. Just like Aries, I’m going to be there, waiting at every single turn, to foil whatever plans of ‘dominance’ you might have. It’s fitting, so very fitting, that it is you that steps up to the plate, the messenger of SCW, because right now, I have a message of my own for you. You sir are one of the most promising wrestlers in the world today, a guy that yes could claim Championship Gold. But you will never achieve that goal until it is the wrestling you concentrate on, and you lose the theatrics that the Jackals are renowned for. You may win our confrontation, you may not… but if it are any certainties, it is the extra-curricular activities that will surely happen that the world will be talking about, and that’s a shame Drake, it really is. You try to distance yourself from the same bloodline as your brother, but the fact remains, the two of you are pretty much the same. Neither of you know who you are, or realize what you could be without the bullshit. He relied on money to get what he wanted, with you its violence, but it was only when William realized who he truly was that he finally got all that he desired. 

Is that what you future will entail?

A career of missed opportunities and flip flopping from one ‘character’ to another?

If so Drake I don’t FEAR you, I PITY you. I pity the failure that you will inevitably become. A waste of talent, a waste of skill, and consequentially a waste of space on the Supreme Championship Wrestler roster, when you could have been so, so much more. You Jackals may well knock me down, but I will get up again, just like that old song. You might cause me pain, but pain, it’s like an old friend right now, the friend that reminds me of that difficult past. I’m free Drake, free from the shackles, and now rather than it being myself that is at threat, the Jackals have a new problem to deal with. An annoying gnat that I assure you will never go away. Try your best to beat me, or just concentrate on ending me. The fact is, either way, I don’t care what you do. I sir, am taking back my name. I sir, am taking back my reputation. I WILL find my redemption in this company and with those fans that once love me. And THEN Drake, I’m gunning for Gold, and the Supreme Champion tag that I shunned once before. Regrets, yeah I’ve had a few… but then again, too few to mention. Sinatra said that, and I say it before you now.”

He pauses, a smirk on his face.

“Owen Lee, looking forwards without the shackles of his past… THAT is what you have to deal with Drake, and for all your ability, I don’t believe you can. I look forward to your inevitable excuses in the New Year…”

Owen winks at the camera, nodding his head confidently.

“It’s been a shitty year, tyhe shittest of my life. But I’m going to end it in style.”

He smirks

“SCW, Jackals, Drake… here we go.”

Owen nods once more, the scene slowly fading.
[Image: 270041540-258425806375597-7033161467703002046-n.png]
[Image: Lulk76n.png]