Adams vs. Britt Lohan vs. Kandis vs. Autumn Valentine vs. Williams vs. Selena Frost
SCW World Championship

Double Jeopardy Match

2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Saturday, March 12, 2022
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
1 of 2
Let’s call this one, “Ice, Ice, Kimmy” ?
[/ooc]
==============

==========
On Camera
==========

Riddle me this, ladies and germs, does the championship make someone great? Just take a good long look at our current crop of champions in Supreme Championship Wrestling. You have little Dawnie Lohan who is sooooo excited about holding the lowest ranked championship in the company. Why is that? Just so she can have some brass ring invented by some brain trust in Canada? If she needs that television title belt to improve her own feeling of self-worth then I truly do pity her. She obviously needed it more than me. Then there’s Oktoberfest, the reigning Underground Champion. Since he is the Underground Champion does that mean he is truly the best hardcore division fighter in the company? That’s a big NO! I am the Queen of the Death Match. No one is more violent than me. Oktoberfest holding the Underground Title means nothing.

The Adrenaline Champion is Cid Turner. At least he’s not sharing that title with anyone, but look at him! He was manipulated by Asher, his lips are still planted firmly on Holly’s rear end, and his former bestie Asher? They’re not besties anymore. That match between those two at Retribution? It isn’t even about the title. The title is meaningless in that blood feud. The same can be said for Spencer Pryce and love sick Tsunami. Do they really care about the United States Title in that match? And don’t forget about the tag team championship match. It’s less of a match between Ravyn and Gavin for the tag titles and more of a match between Ravyn and Gavin for custody of Nicole Kinnick.

Last but not least we come to the SCW World Champion…Juneau Frost. Is she really great? With the exception of one, all of her recent string of title defenses have come about due to controversial circumstances. So let’s be honest here, let’s be honest with ourselves for just a second; does the championship make someone great?

Dawn. Oktoberfest. Spencer Pryce is Right. Cid Turner. Gavin and Ducky. Juneau Frost. I can beat any and every single one of them on any given night. I know it and I do not need a big gold belt that says “WORLD CHAMPION” on it to prove that to myself. Because I have that confidence in myself and my ability. I believe in myself. And as far as proving it to the rest of the world? Well I don’t really give a damn what the rest of the world thinks. I quit caring what the fans thought a very long time ago. Take one of the participants in the Double Jeopardy Match for instance…Autumn Valentine is on a losing streak. She lost to me, she lost to Holly Adams, and yet Knots, Sharper, and Lyman refuse to pull their heads out of her ass. They still talk about how damn great she is and about her historic television title reign. She’s a loser now. So who the hell cares? And as far as our beloved champion goes, she gets the preferential treatment from social media, the fans, and management all the live long day. Juneau Frost could lose straight up to Sammy Thomas Davies one week, Little D the next week, and then that fat guy in charge of catering the third week and the entire damn world would still sing her praises as The Face of SCW, one of the greatest of all time.

Just because you are the champion does not mean you are the best, just like you are not necessarily a good person just because the fans cheer you and management sings your praises. That is what I have come to realize. And I will make sure that the entire world comes to realize that as well in very short order.

You see, at Retribution five individuals will be putting their health, their bodies, their careers on the line to become SCW World Champion. Five people will be tearing the living hell out of each other just to become SCW World Champion. But there is one person who will be fighting for something far greater, something far grander than just a mere title belt with her name on it.

It isn’t about the championship. It is about sending a message. And everyone watching Retribution will receive that message in a bloody, violent fashion courtesy of Kimberly Williams, The Woman Scorned.

==========
February 26th, 2022
Boston, Massachusetts
Off Camera
==========

It was just two days ago on SCW Breakdown that Kimberly Williams lost the Television Championship to Dawn Lohan. Or was it Marie that lost Kimberly’s title to Dawn? It doesn ‘t really matter. The point is that Dawn is now the Television Champion and the former belt holder is enthusiastically happy about her good luck. Luck? How is it that one can describe losing a championship as lucky? For starters one must consider that we are dealing with the deranged Kimberly Williams. It is very difficult to figure out exactly what is going on inside of her head from time to time. Most within Supreme Championship Wrestling fail to see any logic behind Kimberly’s thought process; even her own twin sister Marie Jones does not understand why Kimberly would be happy about losing the Television Title. But for The Woman Scorned it makes perfect sense. The Television Title was just a distraction from the real prize Williams is seeking.

No, the real prize isn’t the SCW World Championship. Despite the fact that she is receiving an opportunity to become SCW World Champion at Retribution in the Double Jeopardy Match, Kimberly views even that as just another distraction. In Kimberly’s warped view of reality, there are five individuals heading into the Retribution main event with a very narrow view of what success is. Success to them is just becoming SCW World Champion. The Woman Scorned believes that she has a broader, larger view of success. Success isn’t limited to simply winning a championship. Kimberly has something else in mind and she won’t let anything, not even the SCW World Title, distract her from her goal.

Right now, on this Saturday evening in her home of Boston, Massachusetts, The Woman Scorned is very focused and very determined on the task at hand. Looks can be deceiving, though, and from outward appearances it would seem as if she were just goofing off. For the setting is just outside of a bar. The parking lot is packed full of cars and there are tons of people already sitting inside and there is even a line gathered outside. Loud music can be heard blaring from within the building. A vehicle slowly pulls up to the front of the building and comes to a stop. Williams then exits the passenger’s seat and the people outside roar with loud applause and jubilation.

“That’s right! I’m here!” Kimberly takes a few bows and waves to her fans. “I’m a little late but traffic was a bitch!”

Williams begins to approach the door, which at the time is blocked by the line of people but they part like the Red Sea as she approaches. Kimberly then tosses her car keys to a random teenager in the crowd. “Here park it!”

“Uh, I’m not a valet…” the teen says.

“Well then take it!” Kim shrugs her shoulders. “It’s not mine anyway, it’s Marie’s. She won’t miss it.” Williams then enters through the front door and into the bar. Inside the music only gets louder. Some people are dancing, others are playing pool, there is a DJ near the back playing music, and many others are at the bar drinking their fair share of alcoholic beverages. There is also a sign near the back, close to the DJ, that reads ‘WELCOME KIMBERLY WILLIAMS, OUR HOMETOWN HERO!’ Yes, Kimberly decided to take advantage of her fame. Her mother, Angelica Jones, is a former thirteen time world champion and is a legend in Boston. Kimberly followed in Angelica’s footsteps as a wrestler and has already won her fair share of championships, including the SCW United States, Television, World Tag Team, and Underground Championships. After Retribution she could end up adding SCW World Champion to that already impressive resume, and that is precisely what these proud Boston fans believe this is about. They believe that this is a pep rally of sorts for Kimberly Williams. She called ahead to the bar and promised to make an appearance if they did the proper advertising. But this public appearance has nothing to do with the SCW World Championship. This isn’t about motivating herself ahead of Retribution. She already has enough motivation for that.

Kimberly’s agenda and motivation behind this public appearance is about finding someone, specifically the wild eyed, enraged female who attacked her and Marie a few weeks ago in Nashville. Williams suspects that this person is a Massachusetts native who has been stalking her and Marie. Now Marie was content to just let the police handle it. But Kim wants to do something about her before she gets the opportunity to attack them again. First she needs to find her and what better way to draw this stalker out of hiding than to make herself open and viewable to the whole world?

Williams walks by the bar. The bartender, a scruffy looking thin male, is in the process of passing a beer to one of the patrons. But before the customer can take the glass Kimberly reaches out and snatches it away. With her other hand she places a wad of cash on the counter, to pay of the man to get another drink.

“Thanks, Bob!”

“Uh, my name is Alex.” The bartender answers.

“No, your name is Bob.” Kimberly insists as she quickly takes the glass of beer and chugs it quickly. It isn’t long before the beer is gone and then she tosses the glass aside, nearly hitting another customer in the process, but instead the glass hits the wall and shatters. Williams walks through a mob of dancers on the dance floor of the bar. She finds a rather obese man shaking his rear end to the tune of “Baby Got Back”. Kim gets behind him while he is grinding and she starts dancing herself, she mockingly pretends to smack the obese man’s ass. “Back that ass up, baby!”

Williams stops the dancing and then moves on towards the back, towards the DJ. Spying Kimberly the DJ turns and extends his hand. Kim doesn’t accept the handshake but instead reaches out and takes a microphone away from his work station and begins to shout into it. “Kimberly Williams IN…THE…HOOOOUUUSSSSEEEE!” The people in attendance turn and starts to cheer loudly, overpowering the sounds of Baby Got Back playing in the background. Kim takes a few bows before turning to face the DJ. “Play my tune, Sheldon!”

“My name is Joe.” The DJ answers.

“Just play the tune, Sheldon.”

“What IS your tune?”

Kimberly rolls her eyes. Then she brings the microphone back to her lips. “Ladies and gents, this one is dedicated to my good friend and yours, Juneau Frost! Now Frosty The Snow Bitch doesn’t like me calling her Juneau because she’s not from Juneau, she’s from Nome, but no one really cares about Nome do they? Just like no one will really care about Juneau Frost after I’m done making mincemeat of her at Retribution!” Kimberly leans over and whispers into the DJ’s ear. He nods his head and stops playing Baby Got Back. He types a few keys and starts playing Kimberly’s requested song…

“Yo…Boston, let’s kick this shit like it was 1990!”

The familiar beat of Ice Ice Baby begins to play. Kimberly begins to take a stroll through the crowd as she sings. “All right stop, collaborate and listen, Kim is back with a brand new invention!” Williams reaches into her pocket and produces a staple gun. She then tosses it aside. “Something grabs a hold of me tightly flow like a harpoon daily and nightly!”

Kim stops at the obsese man she was dancing with earlier. She bumps and grinds again. “To the extreme I rock a knife like a vandal, light up a Holly and burn Autumn like a candle, DANCE!” The crowd didn’t any more encouragement. Dancing begins in earnest as everyone cheers on Kimberly for her parody song. “Ice, Ice, Kimmy!” That’s the people chanting now… “Ice, Ice, Kimmy!”

“Deadly, when I swing a lead weight Wasley, what happens at Retribution will be worse than a felony!” Kim leaves the obese man again and then goes over to a pool table. Two men were playing pool, one rather short and thin but the other by contrast tall and muscular. She leaps on top of the pool table and starts dancing there, thus interrupting their game.. “Ice, Ice, Kimmy! Ice, Ice, Kimmy!”

“HEY! WE WAS PLAYING!” The shorter man shouts in a higher pitched voice. Kimberly smirks and jumps down off the pool table.

“Not anymore!” Kimberly forces the shorter man up against a wall and then plants her lips on his in a kiss. The taller muscular man comes up from behind and violently pulls her off but Kim kicks him below the belt and then smashes him face first onto the pool table. She turns and looks at the smaller man and waves jokingly. He quickly runs away in fear. Kim throws her head back and cackles maniacally. “Just remember, his pal assaulted me first! Now where was I? Oh right…”

Williams begins singing again as she goes back towards the DJ. “Take heed, 'cause I'm a genocidal maniac! Boston’s on the scene just in case you didn't know it My town, that created this psycho! About to win the world title! SING IT!”

“Ice, Ice, Kimmy! Ice, Ice, Kimmy! Ice, Ice, Kimmy!” Kimberly folds her arms over her chest and bows her hands in a pose. “Word to my mother…you know her as Angelica Jones! Am I right? Thirteen times a former world champion!”

The crowd roars loudly with cheers and adulation. The Woman Scorned continues to play to the crowd. “Another champion from these parts is Tom Terrific Brady and The Patriots! How about those Pats, am I right?” More loud cheering can be heard. Kimberly smirks as she has these people eating out of her hand. “And at SCW Retribution, this little Double Jeopardy Match that Shaun Cruiserweight has me in, well I am going to win Jeopardy, Double Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, and any other damn game show he can think of and then walk away as the SCW World Champion, bringing home yet another title to this great state of Massachusetts!” More cheering from the people in attendance as this possibility is brought up. Kim waits for the cheers to die down before continuing.

“Not everyone thinks I’m a nice person…” the crowd boos “...I know, I know, the fans of SCW are so uncultured. But when I competed right here in Boston, you people showed me the love and respect I deserve! You appreciate me and in turn I appreciate you. Unlike some people…” Kim shakes her head “...sheesh! You kidnap and torture four people and suddenly everyone hates you! What has society come to when you can’t kidnap and torture a few people and just laugh it off the next day as if it didn’t happen? C’mon, man! And so what if I tried to burn the Television Title, and urinate on it, and sell it…so what?! It isn’t like I’m the worst human being in the world. Believe me, there are worse human beings in the world today.”

Williams grins from ear to ear. The time has come to try and draw her stalker out of hiding. She hasn’t bit yet but maybe if Kim taunts her, she will come. “Take my uncle for instance. My uncle is kinda well known…not all over the world, mind you, but at least in Massachusetts he is, so some of you may know the guy. He’s locked up in a prison for murder. And not just one murder, but a string of murders, murders of several young women in and around Boston. He was not a good man. He was a very bad man. But you know what? I have visited with my uncle recently and he has shown remorse for his crimes. He is a changed man and is genuinely remorseful and repentant. Even prison officials believe that he has changed. In fact, my sister is looking into legal avenues that could possibly result in his sentence being reduced. Now I know that may be kind of controversial to some of you but come on, I think each and every one of us believes that change is possible if you try. If he can change and become a better person, then I can change, and you can change! EVERYONE CAN CHANGE!”

Cheers erupt. Kim shrugs her shoulders. “I just quoted Sylvester Stallone, but who the hell cares?!” Kim slaps the DJ on the back. “Now get this party started, Sheldon!”

“It’s Joe…”

“Just play my song again!”

Joe the DJ sighs as he starts Ice Ice Baby again…

==========
February 26th, 2022
Boston, Massachusetts
Off Camera
==========

Kimberly Williams would remain at the party all night. She would sing songs, dance, play pool, and just overall have a good time. But mostly she was on the lookout for her stalker. The Woman Scorned had made certain that this public appearance was well advertised in Massachusetts so as to potentially lure this mystery woman, this deranged female bent on revenge, lure her out in the open so that Kim could strike and settle their issues once and for all. It was a perfect plan. Kim’s best guess is that this woman is somehow related to one of the victims of her uncle’s killing spree and that the news of his sentence potentially being reduced caused her to snap, thus triggering the attack on Marie and Kim in Nashville several weeks ago. Surely by publicly announcing her presence, advertising it in advance, and then on top of all of that taunting her with the knowledge of Douglas’s potential reduced sentence would trigger this woman even further, maybe even trigger her into attacking her publicly. Another public assault would give Kimberly the green light to take this woman down and label it as self defense. Williams knew her plan would work, she just had to be patient and wait it out.

Unfortunately the woman did not show up. Kimberly waited all night, partied all night, but never once did she see any sign of a mysterious female stalker. The best that The Woman Scorned can surmise is that her stalker either didn’t hear about the public appearance or she was smart enough not to show up. Either way, Kimberly won’t give up that easily. It’s just back to the drawing board for The Woman Scorned. She will figure out another way to draw this mystery stalker out of hiding.

Williams is not heading home right away. Instead she is going to the home of her identical twin sister, Marie Annabelle Jones. Kim tried to convince her to come to the party with her but Marie wants nothing to do with whatever devious plan Kim has in mind for this stalker. Marie wants to handle this stalker the legal way, through the police and other law enforcement. Kim isn’t as trusting of law enforcement to handle this situation. Kim wants to handle it her way and Marie knows exactly what that could entail; assault or murder. Marie does not want to be party to an assault or a murder and thus left Kim to her own devices on this evening. But Marie did specifically request that Kim stop by her home so they could talk about the next steps, not only in the legal defense for their father but also for Kim’s SCW World Championship Match.

The SCW World Championship is Marie’s big prize. That’s what Marie wants more than anything else. It is one of two titles that Marie has yet to win in order to become Supreme Champion. But Kim doesn’t care about being World Champion. In fact, she would just assume let Marie take her place in that stupid Double Jeopardy Match. If Marie wants the title so bad, let her have it. Kim doubts that SCW and Shaun Cruze will let that happen. Still, she may run the idea by Marie and see what she thinks.

A taxi pulls up near Marie’s home. The backseat passenger’s side door opens and Kimberly exits. She passes some cash over to the cab driver. “Thanks…” Kimberly’s words are distant because she is staring ahead at a sight she was not expecting on this evening. She sees firetrucks in front of her sister’s home! Other emergency vehicles, including police, are parked nearby as well! But worst of all, Marie’s home is ablaze!

Williams may be eccentric but she loves her family, especially her twin sister, and she immediately runs as hard and as fast as she can towards the house. The closer she gets she can make out two figures…one is her mirror image, her twin Marie Jones. The other is Marie’s son, Kim’s nephew Sean Connor Jones. Kim’s hard run turns into a brisk jog as she realizes that the most important fact is that her sister and nephew are ok.

“What the hell happened?!” Kim asks, out of breath as she approaches her sister. Marie is obviously distraught but has calmed down enough to try and explain things the best she can.

“I don’t know…” Marie shrugs her shoulders as she motions to the flaming blaze before them “...I mean, Sean and I weren’t home when it happened.”

“I thought you were going to stay in all night?”

“I was but then Sean wanted to go and watch the new Batman movie.” Marie pats her son on the back. “Luckily I agreed to take him. Otherwise we would have been there when it caught fire.”

“Have you spoken to anyone? Do police or the firemen know what happened?”

“Uh, that’s not important.”

“The hell it isn't!” Kim exclaims loudly and angrily. “Did you speak to the police?”

Marie sighs, it is clear that she is reluctant to answer this question. Kimberly glares daggers right through her twin sister’s heart and soul. Finally Marie breaks and nods her head. “Yes, I spoke to them.”

“And? What do they think caused this?”

“Now, Kim, don’t overreact when I tell you…”

“What caused the fire, Marie?”

“It was…” Marie sighs and shakes her head “...it was arson.”

“God damn it, I knew it!” Kim shouts angrily. Williams starts pacing like a caged lion.

“Do not overreact! I know what you’re thinking but that is just their initial suspicion. They even told me that they could be proven wrong once the full investigation is over. And even if it was arson, you don’t necessarily know who is responsible. We are well known people around here, Kim. There are a lot of people who may want to harm us.”

“Yeah, sure…but it just so happened that we were assaulted not too long ago but some maniac vowing revenge. Now your house catches fire?” Kim shakes her head. “That isn’t a coincidence.”

“You’re suggesting that crazy woman of yours who you think is stalking us, who you think wants revenge because our uncle and possibly our dad murdered someone close to her, you’re suggesting that she set fire to my home?”

Kim nods her head. “I’m not suggesting it…I’m saying it. You started this when you decided it was a brilliant idea to try and get our uncle Douglas, a convicted murderer by the way, out of prison or at least get his sentence reduced. I’m convinced that is the ‘revenge’ that crazy woman is talking about. She wants revenge and she is going to get it.”

“That theory is a bit of a reach don’t you think?” Marie asks. Kim points to the home that is on fire.

“Someone just tried to kill you, Marie. Tell me I’m crazy.” There is a long tense pause as Kim stares into her twin sister’s eyes. Finally Marie shakes her head.

“You’re not crazy.”

“Right. But tonight…” Kim sighs deeply with a sense of regret in her voice “...tonight was my fault.”

“How is it your fault? You had no idea something like this would happen. You…”

“I advertised to God and everyone that I would be at that bar tonight. I wanted to draw the psycho out into the open so I could confront her. I expected her to show up at the bar but she outsmarted me. Instead of confronting me she confronted you, knowing you wouldn’t be expecting it. You’re just lucky you and Sean weren’t there.”

“Yeah…” Marie’s voice trails off.

“I get it, whoever this maniac is, she is upset that our uncle killed someone near and dear to her. But that doesn’t give her a right to kill us, and that’s what she just tried to do.”

“Kim, you still don’t know if this theory of yours about a crime victim bent on revenge is true. And even if it is true you don’t know who she is!”

“Not yet…” Kim scowls “...but I will find her and now that she tried to kill my family, the gloves are off. I will end this, Marie. I will find her and when I do, I will end it. I will put her into the ground if I have to.”
[Image: Fr3dxo2WIAAhCXt?format=jpg&name=large]
SWC Southern Heavyweight Champion 1x
MWA Turmoil Champion 1x
GCW World Tag Team Champion 1x
UWA World Tag Team Champion 1x
HKW Bloodlust Champion 3x
2022 SCW Trios Tournament Winner
SCW World Tag Team Champion 1x
SCW Underground Champion 5x
SCW Television Champion 1x
SCW United States Champion 1x
MWE Chicago Way Champion 1x
5LW Television Champion 1x
Queen of the Death Match

[Image: mariejones.png]

SCW Television Champion 2x
UWA World Champion 1x
UWA X-Class Champion 1x
IWC World Tag Team Champion 1x
MCW X-Division Champion 1x
GDW International Champion 1x
GDW World Tag Team Champion 3x

[Image: Gy34S3v.png]

[Image: OjZwbEI.png]
RECORD
69 - 21 - 5

2021 Stable of the Year - A/C Blondetourage Unit (w/ Cidnay Turner and Asher Hayes)
1x SCW Adrenaline Champion (July 24th, 2021 - November 7th, 2021) (106 Days)
Inaugural Majestic Women's Valkyrie Champion (May 31st, 2009)
1x Majestic Women's Valkyrie Champion (May 31st - August 29th, 2009) (90 Days)
2x SCW 24/7 HardCore Champion (June 18th - August, 2011) (70+ Days)

[Image: TcU8wKN.png]
OOC: Takes place after Deanna’s first roleplay. In two parts due to length.

Project: Black Ice

”Shall We Dance?”

Nome Recreation Center
Nome, Alaska
March 3rd, 2022
6:11pm

It was almost an amusing site in an ironic way – at least it was to the Snow Queen. Before her, as she stood in the back of the room, were so many of Nome’s citizens dressed to the nines in suits and dresses, including herself. The range of colors that filled her vision, shades and pigments and various in-betweens – she was almost convinced that she had walked into some high-school prom dance or something. Or perhaps a Gay-Pride celebration, like the ones she and Deanna had participated in back in Manhattan…

I mean, a political statement IS being made here… she thought to herself as she saw the numerous people standing in the room – the chairs having been stored in the back-storage rooms to give as much free space as possible. Which, given Selena’s experience in SCW, was nothing compared to convention centers and arenas.

Reaching up with her hand, Selena hid a quiet laugh behind it. She couldn’t help but find it funny. Here were the supposed ‘elite of Nome’. The bankers, the lawyers, the doctors, the rich – basically anyone with any kind of social power within the small town were all piled into the room, dressed as if to display their social status in grand gesture…

And all one had to do was look down to see the laminated wooden panels with the basketball-zones painted on them, to the side to see the brownish-purple paint job that comprised halfway up the walls – a paint job that was old and chipped in some parts. The Yamaha speakers that stood on metal support stands (and were courtesy of the center) were dusty from years of neglect, with only a ‘quick clean’ by the staff. And Selena was sure the carpet that made up the steps and platform at the other end of the room had a few stains on it from the spilled drinks of previous events.

This… this was the best Nome, Alaska, could offer its ‘elite’. This was the highest ‘assembly center’ that could be acquired. A basketball court inside a recreation center. Not some ballroom in a hotel or an arena that could fill thousands. Nome had no such things. Its low population and obscurity from the world prevented the need for them. Even for those as powerful as the Scythes – if they wanted some kind of assembly – had to settle for this place. They had no idea what performing in sold-out arenas or going to massive conventions in the mainland of the United States felt like – something that gave the Snow Queen an odd sense of satisfaction.

They don’t know what it’s like to perform somewhere like Rise to Greatness at the main-event… she thought, momentarily allowing herself to be a little smug in the matter. Or what it’s like to marry the person you love in a grand fashion in New York. Or walk the long bridges of Manhattan as the sun sets… or travel the world and see the natural and unnatural wonders of the world…

She found herself biting her lower lip. Had it been anyone else in the world, she would have not had these feelings of smugness. She would wish, and even try in some cases, to share such blessings with others. It’s partly why she was who she was – fighting for SCW and to give the fans the integrity and happiness they had been so integral in helping her achieve.

It was laughable. Last week, Dawn had declared that she was responsible for Selena’s career being what it was and, while she had definitely played an important part in the early years, it had been downright childish for her to play that card against Selena. It was the people that were responsible for her success. The people that had accepted her for who she was every step of the way. When she had first arrived in SCW, when she had come out as a lesbian, even when she screwed up or downright failed. Had it been any of them, Selena would have chastised her feelings and done all she could to remove them, to keep some semblance of humility in her heart.

But these weren’t the people of the SCW Universe. These were the people that had looked down at her family. Who had mocked and ridiculed her father, calling him ‘mad’ and ‘delusional’, not shedding a tear when he had disappeared all those years ago. Who had coined the phrase “The Crazy Miner’s Daughter” where she was concerned and had ignored her while she had been tortured and abandoned by the remnants of her ‘family’ that consisted of the DeCarlos and Scythes. Those same people, every time she came back to this town, looked at her with contempt and jealousy. She could see it as clearly as the snow on the ground. They put on masks and false-smiles, trying to butter up to her ‘celebrity status’ but, deep down, they hated how someone ‘so-low’ had outgrown Nome’s limitations where they were all still here.

In short, the elite of Nome were the elite, yes… but only of Nome, and they knew it. They was no comparison to the other towns and cities of Alaska like Fairbanks and Anchorage, which were both several hours away. They were all the ‘elite’ of their little pond or hole in the world and they clung to that for all they had – accepting standards deemed ‘lesser’ in their eyes.

For Selena? She wasn’t bothered by it. She had come from nothing, spent most of her life in squalor and only in the last near decade of her life had achieved something greater – but what made it great and beyond all of this was her wife, Deanna, and her children Elsianna, David and Amiliah, as well as their dog, Oberon.

With a shake of her head, she refocused her attention to the situation at hand. At the other end of the room stood Gavin Scythe with Jean Black and Zoe Evers, his ‘campaign managers’. The mayoral candidate was wrapping up his speech that all four of them had painstakingly written and rewritten multiple times over the last few weeks. They had to make sure it was perfect.

This was Gavin’s official entry into the ‘race’ for his father’s former position as the mayor of Nome. A grand announcement and celebratory party was mandatory – which was why the team had insisted on the Frosts: Selena and Deanna, making an appearance.

An appearance… Selena thought glumly, casting her eyes down at herself. Like the other members of the audience, she had dressed for the occasion, overdressed for the venue. She felt both elegant amongst the other elites but also a little ridiculous standing at the “three-point line” of the basketball court. She had chosen a dark red dress with faded embroidery that ran up it. Around her waist was a thin gold and brown corset that not only wrapped around her dress but also the black coat she wore, the faux-white fur lining the end that trailed down her sides and wrapped around her neck, the color almost matching the platinum-blonde of her medium-length hair, tied expertly in its braid.

Comparatively, Selena was certain she appeared ‘average’ when looking at the extravagant gowns and suits of the men and women that stood on the ‘court’ of the room - Except for that one woman that – are those PEACOCK feathers? – Selena almost chocked trying to hold back the laughter that filled her as she tried to imagine the woman with all those feathers in her gown playing basketball on this court.

“And I can assure you!” Gavin Scythe’s voice continued to ring throughout the room, enhanced by the speakers, as he stood on the makeshift platform and podium. “That, as my father, did I will strive not only to stand by the beliefs and morals that he did, but also seek to better Nome, Alaska, not just for this term, but for the years to come!”

Despite her mind wandering a little, Selena had paid enough attention to the presentation to know that Gavin had done his speech exceptionally well without any mistakes. She breathed a sigh of relief at that, surprised that she needed to do so. Upon further inspection, she recognized that she had been nervous, which was why she had distracted herself with the absurdity of the whole ‘basketball court’ for a social/political ‘get-together’.

But she had every right to be nervous, didn’t she? There were really only two candidates being considered for mayor at this point and both of them were Scythes. Upon revealing his intention to run, Gavin had sent the town of Nome into quite the uproar (in a good way). There hadn’t been a decent ‘election’ to discuss in years! In the past, few would dare run against Malcolm Scythe, and those that did were never truly taken seriously by the citizens of Nome. This? This was the first time that two strong choices existed, and all of Nome was in a passionate debate over who they would vote for! Hell, Deanna and Selena had heard such lively debates everywhere they visited while they were in town, including the grocery store!

The power of having a genuine choice after years of, essentially, having none… Selena remarked. Still, a large part of her wished that there were no ‘other options’ and that Ryan Scythe was just not in the picture at all, though she had a good reason for such thoughts. After all, the older Scythe had quietly threatened – though he would say he merely ‘promised’ – to resurrect the crusade he and Malcolm had launched against Selena over custody of her two oldest children, Elsianna and David… thinking of them, Selena breathed another sigh of relief that she and Deanna had opted for them to stay in Manhattan under the watchful care of Gerda and Oberon.

And with Malcolm leaving a rather large fortune for both children before his death, Selena knew that Ryan was more determined than ever to bring back that agenda against the Frost family – and with the power of being the mayor, he very well could. Which is why Gavin HAD to win…

So, yes, the Snow Queen was nervous and was, at that moment, secretly wishing she was dressed in her regular clothes of jeans, shirt, and leather jacket or cozy at home in her magenta nightgown – even if it was, technically, the afternoon over in New York.

She suddenly felt the small hand take hers, breaking all her thoughts simultaneously. Her head turned around in time to see Deanna standing beside her. “He’s doing well.” The redhead remarked as she lean-snuggled up to her wife’s side, the older Frost instinctively wrapping an arm around her wife’s waist as she did. Like Selena, Deanna had dressed for the ‘crowd’, complete with a burgundy dress that included a beige cloth that wrapped and tied around her waist, tying at the front, a corset with matching colors and a series of cloth accents of the same color as the one around her waist that wrapped around her bust, arms and tops of her shoulders. Her hair was free flowing, like a red mane of waterfall. Again, much like Selena’s, it was not distracting like some of the other dresses and suits were, but it did its job.

“Yeah.” Selena remarked. “I’m not even sure he needed us here.”
“I think we’re more ‘celebrity eye-candy’.” Deanna whispered, her hands secretly squeezing Selena’s arm as she held her wife close to her.
“Well, you are.” Selena smiled teasingly. “Have I told you-“
“Hush now.” Deanna teased, casting a smirk at Selena. “We’re not exactly popular here with who we are, but if you finish that sentence like I think you’re going to finish that sentence, then I’m not going to care how me kissing you does for Gavin’s poll numbers.”

It was a sly remark, more playful in nature but there was a slight serious undertone to it based on truth. While Nome had, by the way things were, been publicly viewed as ‘accepting’ of ‘alternative lifestyles’ in the realms of homosexuals, the fact was that such individuals were still ‘looked down upon’ amongst the ‘heavy-set Republicans’ of Nome, which constituted the majority. Not that the presence of the Frost wives would cause unrest, but such flaunting of their love publicly wasn’t exactly the best idea in a room filled with such narrow-minded people. Not when they wanted their vote for Gavin and for the sake of their own children.

“I’ll behave.” Selena sighed. “Or I’ll try to…” she added before drawing her attention back to the other side of the room, where Gavin stood tall. The young man’s eyes found Selena and Deanna and he offered them a smile as he awaited a question to finish being asked by a nearby patron.

“Yes.” Gavin answered, his eyes back on the task at hand. Selena wasn’t sure if he was glad that they were there for moral support or because having the woman that had become ‘the biggest celebrity of Nome’ by no exaggeration was beneficial to his cause. Either way, he seemed far more at ease as he fielded the question – something about the growing concern of children numbers in the schools and working with the Board of Educators to ensure proper care and help for struggling students. It was political jargon that Selena wasn’t entirely fluent in, but she liked the idea of Gavin helping children rather than bullying them as he had in his youth.

He’s come a long way… she thought. It’s almost like he and his brother switched places or something and Ryan became the asshole and he became the good guy…

“You know…” she heard Deanna remark, the redhead tilting her head this way and that. “I’m starting to see a pattern over the last few weeks.”
“What’s that?” Selena asked, neither woman allowing their voice to go above a whisper and risk distracting those in the crowd that stood nearby.
“Me dealing with your exes.” Deanna cast a glance at Selena, something akin to a mix of playful and irritated.
“My exes?”
“Well…” Deanna shrugged, pointing a pinkie just slightly towards the podium. “There’s Jean and Gavin. Dawn paid us a visit last week. We called and spoke to Fiyero Ulric for our Retribution outfits. And with all that’s planning around Ryan-“

“Geez…” Selena exhaled, her eyes wide. “You make it sound like I had more partners than square-dancers.” She stated glumly. “First of all, I NEVER dated Gavin or anything remotely like that. Second, Jean and Fiyero were…” she paused for a moment, not liking this conversation’s direction in the least. “We were ‘outlets’ to one another. A way to escape whatever hell we thought we were living. Not really any relationship.”

“Still…” Deanna sighed. “I wish I had some crazy exes for you to run into.”
“You didn’t have any in Frankfurt-“ Selena started but stopped herself a second too late. “I just realized how tasteless and crass that was. I’m so sorry.” Her eyes bore into Deanna’s, seeking forgiveness.

The redhead, whose eyes had gone wide at the statement, returned to normal as she merely gave a shrug. “The less we talk about that, the better.”
“Understood.” Selena nodded. “I’m sorry you’re dealing with so much of my past right now. Do you…” she tried with an awkward shrug. “Do you want me to meet any of your crushes in Kentucky? I’ll take that bullet if I have to.”

“I married the only girlfriend I ever had.” Deanna reminded the Snow Queen.
“Oh sure, but you must have had crushes or girls you flirted with in high-school. I could meet them.”
“You make it sound like some cliché ‘high-school reunion’ thing where I flaunt you at them.”
“Well, we ARE in a gymnasium of some sorts. Aren’t most proms held in these kind of things?” Selena asked. “And I am more than prepared to be your ‘trophy wife’ for the night.”
“Oh, aren’t you sweet.” Deanna teased back, shaking her head at her wife.

The two remained quiet for a moment as Gavin continued answering questions.

“Is this really about the others?” Selena asked quietly. “Or is this about Dawn?”

The question was to the point. After all, it didn’t make sense to Selena. They had dealt with Jean, Fiyero, and even Ryan Scythe for years and there hadn’t been an issue for Deanna in dealing with a former ‘paramour’ of Selena’s. What had changed recently? Dawn had re-emerged in SCW and Deanna had challenged her and Marie Jones to a match – which now also included Polly Playtime.

“Deanna…” Selena tried, squeezing her closer to her.
“I don’t like that she’s there.” Dawn admitted. “In SCW, I mean. I don’t like that she’s around. I don’t like that she thinks she can barge in on us. I don’t like how she thinks you owe her or that I’m some kind of substitute or-“
“Deanna…” Selena tried, reaching to caress her fingers against Deanna’s cheek in an attempt to calm her. “I get it.”
“It was bad enough that you guys talked on Twitter. I had to live with that because I was just being jealous, but now? Every time I see her… I just… I see all the ways she hurt you and I just…”

“Deanna…” Selena sighed, looking around to ensure no one was listening. “I feel the same way. I don’t feel those old feelings when I look at her. I feel sorry for her. Because to her, I was just one of many that she clung to desperately. I don’t…” Selena paused, allowing herself to take a deep inhale and exhale through her nose. “I don’t think she will ever grow up. She’ll always keep jumping from person to person once she gets bored of them. And I feel sorry for her. She’ll never know what it’s like to find ‘the one’.”

Like I…like we did… The implication was beyond clear in both sapphire and emerald eyes and it seemed enough to placate the redhead, which Selena was grateful for. In all truth, she wanted today to be over so she could leave Nome with her wife and head to Minnesota for Retribution.

She was almost as nervous about the pay-per-view as she was about this election, what little control she had in SCW as the World Champion the only reason she wasn’t as nervous. She could fight in SCW. She could try and make it out of the Double Jeopardy match alive, retaining the world championship. This? All she could do was watch and hope – she couldn’t even vote on the damn thing! Since her state of residence was registered as New York, she was not able to vote for the mayor of Nome anymore.

In short, she had no control over this beyond helping Gavin, which was why the whole election unnerved her more than five other superstars wanting her head and the World title, though it wasn’t by much.

Trying to distract herself, her eyes flew to the clock hanging on the wall behind the protective metal bars. “Almost done.” She whispered under her breath. Looking back at the podium stand, she could see Jean and Zoe both gazing up at the clock as well, perhaps thinking the same thing. The ‘discussion and question’ was meant to conclude at 6:30pm, allowing for the dancing and partying to begin. Even now, Selena could see tables being set up just to the far left side of the gymnasium, with plates of various food being brought out – it actually did look like some grand high-school dance!

Her thoughts were interrupted as she felt her wife’s hands tighten harshly against her arm, to the point where Selena felt her wife’s manicured nails start to dig in. Immediately, her head flew down to see her gazing in a different direction. She barely had time to follow the gaze before-

“Yes! I wish to ask a question!”

The voice came not from one of the undecided voters or ‘ordinary elite citizens of Nome’ but was slightly distorted as it poured out of the microphone from behind the Frost wives. Immediately, Selena and Deanna moved further from the doorway just as the ‘party-crasher’ strolled into the gymnasium, wearing that damn dark-purple suit that made Selena’s stomach turn. Holding his free arm was the man’s wife, who stole a glance at Selena and Deanna as she passed, her eyes full of worry as she walked past them.

Selena could only manage a slight nod to Talia as Ryan Scythe turned his head to spy the Frost wives, his eyes narrowing only marginally, though he kept that damn smirk plastered on his face.

“Yes, I’m sorry for crashing, but seeing as this was advertised as an open forum…” he continued, speaking into the megaphone he had brought with him. “I thought it would be prudent to say a few words regarding my brother’s decision…”

The crowd parted, giving him plenty of birth to make his way towards the podium, the faces of all the elite audience one of shock, confusion, and uncertainty.

Only five people had different expressions, and they all shared a look with one another as they watched the oldest Scythe son make his way to the stage.

“Right on time.” Selena whispered, taking Deanna’s hand into hers.
The redhead nodded. “Just like Talia said… It’s up to Gavin now.”

The Snow Queen nodded, throwing a silent prayer to Odin. Help him get through this… she prayed. That’s all I ask. Help him get through this…

Years Ago…
Nome Recreation Center
Nome, Alaska
October 31st, 2012
8:43pm

Help me get through this… the young woman prayed in her mind. That’s all I ask. Help me get through this.

Unconsciously, Selena’s hand drifted down to her stomach, feeling the massive beach ball that was her belly. She felt so bloated these days. Like it was hard to move without swinging her body weight in a direction. I cannot wait for you to get here, snowflake. she thought to herself. She was only a few more months away from delivering her baby – and she was beyond excited to meet the child! And you can meet your father and be part of the wedding.

She forced the thought to end then and there. She knew better than to think about the wedding. Such an event remained ‘on the horizon’, with no official date made yet – despite almost a year-long engagement. She had given several reasons as to why over and over again: Adrian being busy, Malcolm wanting it to be ‘perfect’ or whatever, her mother wanting her say on ‘things’, whatever that meant – but with the baby on the way in a few months, that had become the focus for Selena, so she was okay with having to wait a little longer.

“Once we’re married.” She whispered to her unborn child. “Everything will go back to normal. I know it.”

Taking a slow, deep breath, she leaned up against the wall, feeling the solid wood against her back. The long, large purple, V-neck dress Adrian had picked for her stuck to her curves, ending just below her knees. The sleeves were long and snug as well. It was a bit more ‘form-fitting’ then some of the other dresses she saw around the room, but a lot of the outfits were costumes and disguises…

Immediately, as a man in a devil costume ran past her, laughing hysterically, part of her wished she had been allowed to dress up for Halloween as well, maybe as a witch or The Bride of Frankenstein – that would have been fun! With a slow sigh through her nose, Selena cast her gaze around the room, spotting the organizer of this Halloween party, shaking heads with some of the suited, non-costume wearing people.

Malcolm Scythe was all smiles as he and his son, Adrian, worked the room. It was the annual Halloween Party that the Scythes put on every year for the people of Nome at the large Recreation center. She could see the lights flashing around the room and could hear the loud ‘Halloween’ music as Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” played.

Staying in the corner, Selena kept quiet as she rubbed at her temple with her free hand, the loudness of the music and shifting brightness of the lights beginning to start a headache for her. She didn’t want to be here. She wasn’t welcome here. It was beyond clear. She was among the high-class of Nome, people who made more in a day than she could in a year working minimum-wage jobs. To them, she was still the “Crazy Miner’s Daughter”, but now she was some low-life that was ‘sleeping her way to the upper class’, which only made those already there hate her all the more. She had tried to work the room with Adrian as much as possible, but after the thirteenth or fourteenth dirty look she had gotten, Adrian had ushered her to this corner, telling her to stay there while he finished smoozing, if that was the right word, with his father.

That had been an hour and a half ago and Selena really needed to use the bathroom, which wouldn’t have been a problem if she could reach the damn zipper behind her back. The dress couldn’t be pulled up past her thighs. The zipper at the top was the only way out… At the thought – she suddenly winced as she felt her baby move inside her, it’s foot connecting with a swift kick to her bladder.

“Please, baby.” She half-cried in a whisper. “Behave for just a little longer.”

She was certain the baby wasn’t enjoying the loud noises either, probably having been rudely awakened by them. In that whole ninety minutes, not once had Adrian checked in on her or sent someone to see how she was doing. Hell, he hadn’t even looked her way once. For that, she blamed Malcolm. The old man was grooming his son to be the ‘next mayor’ – Adrian had told her about that – and it seemed all his time was being given to the Malcolm, leaving her with a full bladder and a lonely heart.

“Things will get better…” she whispered to herself. She had finally gotten a semblance of a ‘happy ending’ after years of being the outcast. She wasn’t about to throw it away just because things were a little rough between her and her fiancée. She would be patient, wait for him to do all he needed to do with Malcolm and talk to him later about her needs as the mother of his child. She wouldn’t be like her mother, manipulating and cruel. She would be kind, understanding, like her father had been before he had disappeared.

Her father…

“I wish you could meet him.” She whispered to her baby, her hand still rubbing the swell of her stomach, trying to coax the baby to a state of comfort and calm. “You would love him and, trust me, he would love you-“ Her thoughts were interrupted as she felt another spike of pain from her full bladder. Biting down on her lower lip, she craned her head up to try and find Adrian again. This time around was more difficult as more of the party-goers were filling the dance floor, the party taking the inevitable turn of more “free” movement. She could see a plethora of different costumes but no Adrian –

Biting her lower lip and clapping her eyes, Selena could imagine she looked very much the fool hopping from one foot to the other, trying to ease her bladder. She even tried to reach behind her back to get to the zipper but her hands were no where close to it. Why the hell did he give me a dress like this?! she thought, her emotions bubbling over to frustration.

It was these emotions that fueled her head to scan the room once more, where her sapphire eyes, which were starting to fill with tears from the pain, spotted him… laughing and… and dancing…

She gave a shake of her head to try and give herself a second look, but there was no denying what was before her. Adrian, her fiancée, the father of her unborn child, was dancing with some woman dressed in a white gown and wearing some kind of matching masquerade mask.

Calm down… her mind told her, though it was a muddled thought thanks to the pain that was gripping her bladder.  Conceal… her mind whispered her mantra. Don’t feel…

A few slow breaths managed to dull some of the pain, but it also pressed a kind of clarity into the young woman’s mind. “What the hell am I doing?” she asked herself quietly. Here she was, standing in a corner for over an hour and half, pregnant with child, ready to make a puddle of shame on the floor, and for what? So her fiancée could dance with some girl? Shake hands with people who hated her and whom she hated?!

Maybe it was the entire situation, but there was only so much that Selena’s pride could take.

Without hesitating, the young woman moved out of her corner, feeling a sense of liberation as she did so, and marched past the crowds of people dancing, doing her best to avoid bumping into anyone. She almost crashed into a penguin of some kind and a pirate but managed to catch herself and continue walking, fighting any further discomfort and pain as best as she could. Getting closer to the targeted ‘dancing couple’ Selena spied how Adrian was smiling and laughing as he danced with the young woman, who, if figure and skin was any indication, was probably around hers and Adrian’s age.

It wasn’t until she was standing just a few feet away from the couple that she cleared her voice. “Ahem.”

The sound was close enough for Adrian to hear it, the young man turning his head to spot his fiancée standing there. “Selena?” he asked. “I thought I told you to stay-“
“In the corner?” she asked. “I did. For an hour and a half.”

Eyes widening a little, Adrian flicked his wrist to view the expensive watch he was wearing. “Oh.. guess I lost track of the time. I’m sorry.” He offered, though his voice sounded anything but.

“That what she’s for?” Selena asked, eyeing the dancer. “Hi, I’m Selena Frost. Adrian’s fiancee and mother of his child. Care to tell me which circle of windbags you belong to?”
“Selena!” Adrian warned. “What the hell is wrong with you?” he asked, scanning the area to make sure no one was noticing the scene unfolding, the dancers continuing to be in their own worlds as they danced.

“An hour and a half and a full bladder and a child using said bladder as a soccer-ball has worked out my last shred of patience.” She growled back at the man. “Especially when you clearly forgot I was even here.” Her eyes returned to the young dancer that had been occupying Adrian’s dance card. “So, you are?”

“I am the Snow Queen!” the woman teased, sticking her tongue out at Selena. It was a voice Selena recognized instantly, turning to her lover with rage burning in her sapphire eyes.
“Seriously?!” she asked, disbelief on her face. “You left me in a corner for 90 minutes to dance with her?!”
“Selena…” Adrian tried. “I have an image to uphold.”
“What image is that?” she hissed. “Douchebag?”
“Mind your tone.” Came the very real warning in Adrian’s voice. “I will not have you embarrass me!”

Biting her lower lip, Selena cast her eyes towards the dancer, who she knew was the one person that hated her most of all: Talia. “How many dances did you give him?”

With a smug smirk, Talia held up a hand, all fingers extended. It was enough for the air to rush out of Selena’s lungs but she didn’t have time to cry out in despair as she felt a strong hand grab her arm and pull her across the dance floor and back towards the corner she had occupied for so long.

“What is the matter with you?!” growled Adrian under his breath. “I asked for one thing. For you to behave and support me in this."
"I did that.” Argued Selena, trying to keep her voice down. “And you left me in a corner.”
“For good reason!” the Scythe son argued. “Nobody wanted to talk to me as long as you were there.”
“So what? You’re ashamed of me?” Selena asked, hot tears threatening the back of her eyes. Damn hormones!

As for Adrian, the man gave a huff, running a hand through his hair. “I’m not ashamed of you.” He stated. “But I need to do what is best for myself and for father. I can’t have you embarrassing me like that. Not when so much is riding on these people and their perception of me. Do you understand?”

Looking up at his chastising gaze, Selena bit her lower lip. “Is that how this is going to be then?” she asked. “How our relationship – our marriage is going to be? Where you put me in a corner and dance with other girls? Because if it is, tell me right now. I’ll just stay home and look after our child. I much rather do that than pretend to get along with those douchebags.”

“Selena…you’re being unfair.”

“Unfair?” laughed the Snow Queen. “What would be fair to you, Adrian? You go and dance with all the girls you want. Hell, take one of them home – take a whole horde of them home! That be fair?”
“Keep your voice down.” Again, that warning tone in his voice which caused Selena’s spine to stiffen.

Taking a deep breath, Selena looked around the room, her hand on her swollen belly, tears still streaming from her eyes. “You’re supposed to dance with me, Adrian! Isn’t that what couples do? Isn’t that what people in love are supposed to do?”
“You’re being silly.” Adrian remarked. “We’ll have plenty of time to dance later.”

How often had she heard similar remarks in the past year? More and more often – excuses that meant it would not happen.

With a sigh of defeat, Selena shrugged her shoulders, her free hand wiping angrily at her eyes. “Fine. Just help me out of this dress.” She ordered. “I need to go the bathroom and I can’t reach the zipper to undo it.”
“What?” Adrian asked. “Can’t you get someone else to help you?”
“I don’t trust anyone here with that.” Selena argued as another intense wave of pain hit her. “Just take me to the bathroom and help me out of the zipper, please!”

“I…” Adrian started but stopped when he saw his father standing on the other side of the room, beckoning him over with a wave of his hand, calling him by his legal first name.
“Adrian…” Selena whispered through clenched teeth, her hand now clutching her side, almost doubling over. “Please…I need to go…”

Casting one more glance at his father, Adrian held up his hands. “Just wait there. I’ll send someone to help you.”

Before Selena could utter a word, he was gone, darting back into the crowd to rejoin his father.

“Adri-“ Selena tried but her voice died as she felt her body clutch and convulse. Panic filled her as she, suddenly, felt a warm liquid running down her leg. Without looking back, Selena rushed out of the room, out of the center as fast as her form could allow. The cold air of the oncoming winter, much lower in Nome, offered only a temporary respite for the Snow Queen, who, as tears fell from her eyes, stumbled her way around the building of the recreation center until she was standing behind the large dumpster that sat at the side. Unable to hold back, she felt and heard her cries rack her frame as her body relieved itself, pouring down her leg and onto the ground. She kept her balance and leaned over posture by keeping a hand on the dumpster lid, her tears continuing to stream down her face.

“C…Conceal…” she whispered, trying to fight the shame and embarrassment that ran through her. “Don’t feel…”

Moments passed, the cold continued to blow and fill her. Slowly, as the pain subsided, Selena pulled herself up to her feet, taking a shaky breath. She didn’t have to look down but she did anyway – at her ‘work’.

Her dress was soaked and it was beyond noticeable. Casting her gaze towards the building, Selena knew she could not go back inside. Did she even want to? Adrian clearly didn’t care if she was there or not. Nobody truly wanted her there in the first place… and there was no way in Tartaros that she was going to let anyone see her like this.

Alone in the parking lot, Selena took one last glance at the building, hearing the loud music from inside before slowly walking down the roadway and down East 5th Avenue, keeping out of sight as she walked the darker, unlit paths. She knew these paths by heart, especially where she was going.

She wasn’t going back to Adrian’s. She had no desire to see him or hear him try and ‘explain’ his actions right now. She would hear him out tomorrow – but right now? She didn’t even know why they were together.

As if on cue, she felt her baby move inside her. “It’s not you.” She sniffled, trying to ignore the dress growing colder against her bare skin as the wetness began to freeze a little. “Mommy is just being… just being silly…” she admonished as she began to make the fifteen-minute walk towards her own home on the hill, the one her father had left her, along with the mine.

“Don’t worry.” She whispered, holding her belly with her hand as she walked. “Things will get better…” she muttered, repeating it over and over again as she walked through the cold night…

“Things will get better”…

Present Day…

She wanted to slap the smug look right off of Ryan’s face as he sauntered up the steps, handing the megaphone over to Talia as he did. She wanted to run a list in front of all these ‘elites’ about the kind of man Ryan truly was. Hell, she would have settled for a chance to land one kick to his head and knock him out.

But as Selena watched her former fiancée reach the platform his younger brother stood on, she slowly breathed a long exhale.

This wasn’t her fight. Not in the sense of ‘not her fight to get involved’ but, rather, this was not her fight to win. It was Gavin’s. Gavin needed to have this fight. Gavin needed to win this fight. Not just for the Frosts or for Nome but for himself. He had been so hesitant about this part of their plan, being against/fighting his own brother. But, as much as Selena wanted to get involved, as she knew Deanna wanted to, they kept one another held back and quiet.

“Good luck, Gavin.” She whispered under her breath. “It’s all you now.”

Keeping her wife held in her arms, Selena watched as Ryan offered a hand to shake to Gavin, who took it, only for the older brother to pull him into an embrace. A laugh escaped Ryan as he was offered the microphone that the patrons/visitors had been used for questions. Holding it, he tried to clap his hands for Gavin, though he eventually gave up on it in lieu of being able to speak.

“Listen, I want to start off by saying…” he paused for a moment. “Just how proud I am of you, Gavin. I am. I know that will surprise you because we’re running for the same position, but I am. More than that, our father would be proud to see both of his sons striving to do what is best for Nome, the town he loved so much. Round of applause for my little brother!”

Again, the older Scythe tried to clap his hands, but barely managed a muffled clap, but it was enough to get the crowd going, giving an applause all their own. To Selena, it was like watching a promo unfold – it was very similar to it. One where the loudmouth starts with false praise before going for the killshot.

“Please get through this…” Selena whispered. This will make or break your campaign…

“I am proud. I know Dad is proud.” Ryan continued. “And I am beyond interested in where this decision came from. I mean, where this desire began for you. For me? I’ve been ready to do this my whole life. My whole life has been about studying politics and Nome and understand how best to lead it. Thirty plus years of preparing for this. So, please, tell me – tell them – where it all began for you.”

The first volley of questions. And Ryan’s smile never faltered. And as Selena’s gaze flew to Gavin, she saw the younger man nod his head before reapproaching his podium.

“First of all, Ryan, thank you for coming to my announcement party. I know you’re busy.” He waited for Ryan to give a ‘good-natured’ shrug. “But to answer your question, I’ve always been studying politics. All my life, I was watching and learning, just like you. I just didn’t need to showboat it to everyone.”

His tone was simple but the bite was barely concealed. The inference that Ryan HAD showboated his ‘inheritance’ was not lost to anyone.

“And to answer your other question, well, truth be told, I took a look at where things were headed after Father’s passing… and I didn’t like it. I didn’t like a lot of it. And while I am sure you have plans for this town, Ryan, there…” Gavin paused for a moment, as if to try and find the right words.

“There’s room for definite change… real change…” Deanna whispered under her breath.

“There’s room for definite change.” Gavin stated from across the room. “REAL change.”

“Oh? What change would that be, Gavin? I’m really interested to know.” Ryan replied offhandedly.

“Well, first and foremost – the existence of a choice. Let’s face it, with our father, there was never really other choices for the people to select. Not really. And it always made me wonder, did our father get chosen so many times because he was ‘the best choice’ or because was the only real choice?”

“Wow…” Ryan remarked. “I can’t believe you’re trampling on our father’s grave like that-“
“I’m not trampling on anything.” Gavin stated quickly.

“Come on…” Selena pressed in a whisper, holding Deanna tight. “Counter fast before he counters you!”

“But don’t you want the people of Nome to have more than what our father could give them? This is the first step, Ryan! The first step is they can have a choice! They can decide from two REAL possibilities on how they want Nome to be led. They don’t have to just follow anyone. They can let their voices be heard. THAT, I think, is what our father truly wanted.”

A loud applause broke through the room at those words, all directed towards the younger Gavin. Ryan, despite himself, was clearly thrown off such a reaction, his jaw clenching a little as he observed the crowd.

“I like to think that the people of Nome have always had a choice, Gavin, but I can respect your views on the matter.” He stated. “But Gavin, as much as I am excited to hear your lofty ideas – the fact is that, you’re too young for this. You’re too inexperienced. Textbook knowledge can only get you so far.” He held a hand to his chest. “Father spent so much of his time imparting his experience onto me. Letting me see how Nome works, how its people operate. At the end of the day, that’s what people will choose. Experience, on the job knowledge and an understanding. I-“ he held his hand up to acknowledge his brother. “I believe that, together, I could teach you what father taught me. And when my time is up, you will be next to become mayor. I am sure of it. I am sure that’s what Father wanted. But right now, Gavin? Speaking as your brother? It’s not the right time.”

He lowered the microphone, shrugging his shoulders. It was a good argument, at least at face-value. Still, despite the words, Gavin merely nodded his head before leaning towards his own microphone.

“I respect your opinion, Ryan. But I have to ask. Did our father ‘wait for the right time’ to become mayor of Nome? Did any of these people-“ he pointed to a man he saw in the audience. “Did Dr. Knox over there wait for ‘the right time’ to plunge into medicine? Did-“ he gestured to another person, an older woman, “Did Mrs. Reeto ‘wait for the right time’ to come to open that orphanage thirty plus years ago? What if she had waited? How many children would have suffered without her if she had?”

Gavin’s eyes flying, they eventually landed on Selena Frost, the young man gesturing towards the Snow Queen. “Mrs. Selena Frost! Quite possibly the biggest celebrity that’s come from Nome. She’s a world champion wrestler. Did she ‘wait for the right time’ to make that happen?”

“No I did not!” Selena yelled back, remembering her one line in all of this. “I took the risk of a lifetime!”

“Exactly!” Gavin proclaimed. “People, we can not simply wait for ‘the right time’ to make a change here! We cannot simply ‘wait for the right time’ to do some real good! Because there is NO right time except NOW!”

“The time is now!” Deanna called out loudly, earning a nod and clap from Gavin.
“Exactly!” he stated. “The time is now! The choice is now! And together, people of Nome, we can and we will make a difference!”

The crowd roared their applause – a mere fraction of what Selena and Deanna were used to in SCW, but in that moment, it certainly felt like the whole world was cheering.

“The time is now! The time is now!” people were cheering, repeating that one line over and over again. Watching Ryan, Selena spied the man’s fists tighten. He knew he had lost this round, and had lost hard. What more could he do but…

She watched as he quietly excused himself, slinking off down the podium and into the crowd. Immediately, music began to play on the speakers, the actual party-part of this meeting finally underway. While Gavin made his way into the crowd to shake hands and speak with people, the rest of his entourage, Jean and Zoe, met up with Selena and Deanna, the brunette, Zelda, breathing a sigh of relief.

“That was close.” She spoke quietly as they four gathered around a section of the room. “Thank goodness for Talia.”
“Giving us quite the advantage I’d say, dearie.” Jean smirked knowingly.

For a moment, Selena tried to spy her old friend, Talia, but couldn’t find her. She wanted to, quietly, thank the woman. It had been Talia that had emailed Jean an outline of Ryan’s plan to ‘crash’ Gavin’s party and what questions and points he was going to bring up, allowing the ‘Gavin party’ to come up with a series of counters, something Selena was quite good at. Excusing herself from her group, the Snow Queen made her way around some of the smaller groups that had started dancing- until she felt her arm being yanked by someone, forcing her to be pulled across the room to a familiar corner.

Released, Selena pulled her arm back and met the rather annoyed expression of Ryan Scythe. “Very clever.” He remarked darkly, standing against the corner so he was hiding behind the upright bleachers and chair-stacks. His eyes did a quick once over of Selena’s body, making her skin crawl. “Going for a Cruella DeVil look?” he gestured to the faux-fur trim on her coat.

“Oh please.” Selena huffed. “There’s only one person here who would think about killing puppies and that’s you.”
“You think you’re pretty smart, don’t you?” Ryan gave a tilt of his head. “I figured you were here for something when I saw you. How did you know I was going to be here? No way that idiot brother of mine could have predicted what I was going to say and counter it like that. So, how did you know?”

Protect Talia… Selena’s mind screamed. Don’t even give him a hint…

“Please, Ryan.” Selena smirked smugly, trying to act a little arrogant – like Holly and Kandis would. “You think I don’t know how you tick at this point? I knew the second we announced this that you wouldn’t resist showing up to try and put your ‘little brother’ in his place. And as for what you said? I’m in the business of predicting people’s moves and punchlines – you’re not that hard to figure out. Not very creative either. I just picked the most obvious points that someone of your limited imagination would do.”

“Limited?” he asked, his jaw clenching a little. “You have no idea what you’re dealing with.”
“Oh, I don’t?” Selena asked. “Funny. Cause, last I checked, you just got your ass handed to you by Gavin. Maybe you don’t know who you’re dealing with.”
“You honestly think he can run Nome?”
“I think he can do a better job than you can.” Selena declared, crossing her arms over her chest.

Clenching his jaw a little, the older Scythe looked away for a moment before glaring back at Selena. “Stay out of this, Selena. Consider this your one and only warning. Stay out of Nome. Stay away from Gavin. Stop helping him.”
“Or what?” Selena asked, the Snow Queen getting right into her former fiancée’s face, watching his warning glare wither slightly, causing her to grin. “Yeah, that right there, Ryan. That’s the difference between you and your father. Malcolm would only make a threat if he could back it up. Want to know why he never threatened me after I beat him? Because he knew he couldn’t. He couldn’t touch me… and neither can you. You lost that ability years ago.”

Holding her hand up, Selena shoved the mayoral-candidate back against the wall. “Tell you what. Why don’t you stand in that corner for a bit and think things through. Maybe we can talk more then… maybe.”

Turning around, refusing to look back, Selena left Ryan standing in that same corner just as the next song played through the speakers. Without a word, her eyes scanned the crowd before settling on the familiar redhead. Approaching her quickly, she leaned down to whisper in Deanna’s ear. “Dance with me.”

Turning around at the voice, Deanna’s eyes widened a little. “Really?” she asked. “You sure?”
“Definitely.” Selena smiled, her eyes fleeting to Ryan, who continued to glare at her. “Because this time, he’s going to watch me dance with a beautiful woman.”

Stealing a glance, Deanna spied the purple-suited man as well. “Oh…so this is to piss off Ryan?”
“Somewhat.” Selena shrugged guiltily.
“Why didn’t you say so?!” Deanna suddenly beamed, taking Selena’s hands into hers to pull the world champion further onto the ‘dance floor’. “I love pissing off your exes!”

A laugh escaped Selena as Deanna suddenly began moving with much more enthusiasm in the dance, even throwing some twirls to make them more noticeable. Screw what the others thought. If they were going to piss off Ryan, they were going to do it right.

“Maybe I love you.” Selena whispered when she held Deanna close.
“Maybe I love you too.” Deanna whispered back before twirling out and continuing to dance with the Snow Queen. “You know, if we want to make him REALLY mad, we could always-“

BANG!

Deanna never got to finish her thought as her voice was drowned out from the gunshot that filled the room and the screams that followed it.

4x SCW World Tag-Team Champion
2x SCW United States Champion
3x SCW Adrenaline Champion
SCW Television Champion
Longest Reigning SCW World Champion (234 days)
Winner of Shot of Adrenaline Tournament (2016)
Winner of Best of the Best Tournament (2016)
Winner of Trios Tournament (2018)
Winner of U.S. Championship Tournament (2020)
Winner of World Championship Tournament (2023)
Winner of Tactical Warfare (2014, 2019)
Winner of Elimination Chamber (2015)
Winner of Roofed Cage Match (2019)
Winner of Last Person Standing Match (2019)
The Unbelievable Main Event (2021-2023)
Winner of Double Jeopardy Match (2022)
Winner of EOTY Invitational (2023)
Female Wrestler of the Year (2016, 2021, 2022)
Tag-Team of the Year (2020 - w/ Regan Street)
Match of the Year (2018, 2019, 2021, 2023)
Feud of the Year (2014, 2019)

[Image: 34zetxl.png]
The Royal Letter

The scene opens to the interior of the “Believe It!” limo-bus. The blinds are closed and the interior lights are on, allowing more than adequate illumination to see the dark blue walls, the black blinds and the woman sitting on the white couch. Beside her sits the SCW World Champion, resting upright and shining a little. She wears black jeans, a maroon t-shirt and her leather jacket as she sits against the couch.

This upcoming weekend… will be one of the hardest, most intense battles of my career. she takes a deep breath, letting those awfully true words sink in. Reaching, the Snow Queen and World Champion, Selena Frost, nervously scratches the back of her neck.

And when you’re someone that’s fought the likes of Xander Valentine in a ‘Last Person Standing’ and an ‘Unsanctioned Empty Arena’ matches, when you’ve not only survived, but won, countless chamber matches, tournaments, Street Fights, when your list of opponents include such names of violent people like Rachel Foxx, Rachael Tatum Lee, Red Rayne, some of the most dominant and terrifying people in SCW history - that statement means a lot, I think.

She gives a shrug of her shoulders. But how else can I look at it. It’s a ring filled with number one contenders and the World Champion. It’s a type of match that I have never been part of and a match that is, truly, two matches in one. A match where, right off the bat, I am at a disadvantage. I could lose the world title without needing to be pinned or made to submit, and the last time that happened, I almost did lose the title…

Taking a slow inhale and exhale, Selena sighs before returning her gaze to the camera as she sits back onto the couch. With all of that in mind, when the chance to ‘pick my poison’ was given to me by Shaun Cruze, some people believed that I would make a decision based on strategy. That maybe I’d pick the ‘less successful’ wrestlers out of the other five and give myself the best chance to remain the world champion. I mean, let’s face it, that’s what we’d expect from Autumn Valentine, with Lexy Chapel calling the shots behind her. That’s what we’d expect from Kandis and Holly Adams. And, if we were to take what Kim Williams said at ‘face-value’, then there are certainly ‘less successful’ people in this match.

Shaking her head, the platinum-blonde gives a dry chuckle. But I dread to think of a day where ‘believing what Kim Williams says’ is the norm…

But as for my choice, I did take a lot of time to think about it. And, in the end, it was very similar to when I was asked by Cian O’Dwyer to be the guest referee for the World Championship Triple Threat match last year at Under Attack. Cian did so to ‘hold me to the mark’. To see if I would hold myself accountable to my beliefs of the ‘integrity’ of the World Championship. And I did. Deanna and I worked together to do it…

Biting her lower lip, Selena turns her head back to her audience. I knew that, given a position of power like this – like I was back then – that I had to, again, hold my myself to that same mark, which means being honest with myself and to my heart as well as asking myself what combination of challengers against me would serve to better the ‘integrity’ of the world championship.

For a moment, the world champion is silent, looking off camera as if to collect her thoughts before giving a slight shake of her head. But let’s face it, there is no combination I could give that would not have detractors. Whoever I picked, some would be grateful and some would whine and see it that I ‘saw them as weak’ or that that I had picked them as part of the aforementioned ‘strategy’. And for those I didn’t pick, well, look at Holly. Seconds after my choice, she’s trying to grab the microphone and declare that I’m ‘afraid of her’ – the only thing missing was her ‘clucking’ at me like a chicken while flapping her arms.

Not very original, but what do you expect from someone that has Giovanni Aries as her ‘advisor’. Check his Twitter for the past month, he’s been doing the same thing towards me because he got put in his place and not given a title shot by Shaun Cruze.
Another dry laugh escapes her.

But the reality is that this whole thing has become so much more than professional. So much more than simply a world championship match and every single person in this match knows that. There are rivalries in here that have gone right into ‘personal’ territory here, and I’m just as much as a part of that as the others. I’m not Kim Williams, guys. I’m not going to bury my head in a Dalek for most of my career and hear and see only what I want to. And I’m not Autumn Valentine. I’m not going to start listening to Lexy’s crackpot ‘conspiracy’ theories just because things don’t go my way. I’m going to be honest with myself and all of you. Has this match become more than professional? Yes. Has it become personal? In several ways, yes. Does the World title still hold significance here? You better believe it does! her energy spikes at that last statement.

But my choices for Double Jeopardy, since this match is both professional and personal, had to be based on professional and personal. What was best for the integrity of the World title and what was best for my own heart…

Rolling her shoulders back, Selena’s tone becomes cold as she glares into the camera lens, to the woman she knows is watching. Which is why it wasn’t hard to pick you first, Kim. Because professionally, Kim? You started this whole thing, didn’t you? It was you that was unhappy with the way things were. You had beaten Syren, Jordan, and Konrad but you weren’t being handed title opportunities. You felt overlooked and ignored, so you lashed out.

And it’s funny you spoke about how most of my defences of the world title and my quest for ‘integrity’ of that championship had ended in controversy – like it was a strike against me - when you and your sister, Marie, were responsible for half of said controversy. Body, Heart and Soul, you strolled in and attacked Holly in an attempt to get me disqualified so the world title would be taken off me. Remember?
there’s an edge to her voice.

And since that moment, Kim, you’ve done nothing but talk about what you are ‘owed’. What you ‘deserve’. It even started a whole forum of noise on Twitter – that’s how we got so many contenders in the first place. People hearing you make claims and then chiming in. “I beat! Well, I beat! Well, I beat!” over and over again, each one trying to top the other.

Reaching over, Selena takes the world title into her hands, gazing down at it. And professionally? I could understand that. As someone that’s had to fight and claw their way to hold this world championship, I know exactly what that’s like. You want to complain about being overlooked Kim after you beat three people? Guess what? I won two tournaments back-to-back, beat Kennedy Street, Kelcey Wallace, AND Ravyn Taylor all in 2016 and that still wasn’t enough to be considered for the world championship by management. In the four years that I was out of the world title picture, I defeated names like Xander Valentine, Giovanni Aries, Vixen Cain, Autumn Valentine and Syren, just to name a few. I had to wait years for any title rematches like the United States Championship.

But unlike you, Kim, I didn’t sit on Twitter posting gifs and whining every other day. I didn’t complain and try and screw over other people of their opportunities in a temper tantrum. I didn’t hide behind ambushes or empty threats. What I did was I kept fighting. I kept going. I kept using every match that I was in as a way to keep pushing my desire to become a champion. To be considered for opportunities. To move up the line until, finally, SCW couldn’t think of anyone but me. I stood in the ring while Mr. D. named me the number one contender for the SCW world title after four years of beating the best that SCW could throw at me!

The Snow Queen tilts her head a little. But you? After so many months of running around backstage, making jokes about Lizard Kingdoms and Lizard Championships, you’ve been hot for, what? A couple of months? You then hit a snag in that road and you think you’re owed something? You think you’re owed everything?

She scoffs a little. Even more amazing is that you think you’re being ‘original’. You think you’re being ‘creative’. That you’re sending ‘a message’ unlike any that’s ever been before.

Kim… the reason why so many people were able to jump on the wagon and put you in your place on Twitter on ‘who’s owed what’? Is because you’re not original. Maybe when you were running around backstage acting ‘psychotic’, maybe you were a little. But, let’s face it, Kim, you’re not ‘one of a kind’. The martyrdom, victim-act you’ve been pulling of being held back? Hell, Autumn Valentine’s got Lexy owning that with her conspiracy theories. “Gimme Gimme – I’m being held back!” was basically a theme with the likes of Syren, Bree Lancaster, Sienna Swann, Christy Matthews – it’s one of the oldest and most delusional statements in SCW history! The Brand, Infamous, Pinnacle, countless stables formed with THAT as their ‘reason’ or ‘motivation’…

Holding her free hand out towards the camera, Selena eyes the lens, seeing the face of her target. On a professional level, Kim. I think you’ve proven how good you are in this ring. That’s why you’re here. That’s why you were chosen to be in this match. I think you are, in terms of talent, at the level of any of the women in this match that could take the world championship. I think that, after years of playing games and not taking anything seriously, you’ve got what it takes to be the world champion.

Closing her eyes for a second, Selena takes a deep breath before opening them. On a personal level? I think you’re an ungrateful bitch that doesn’t deserve this opportunity. She clenches her jaw.

On a personal level, I think you’ve become nothing more than an unoriginal crybaby that doesn’t appreciate the chance she’s been given. Because what? You think you can spit in the face of this company and do whatever you want? You think you can promise to desecrate titles and no one will stop you? You think you deserve ‘specific’ opportunities when you’re shitting on the ones that you’ve been given?

TV title shot? You want to set it on fire and piss on it.
World title shot. You want to sell your spot or boycott the pay-per-view.

And why? Because like some spoiled little brat on Christmas, “It’s not the one I want!”
she mimics the voice of high-pitched, whining child, before glaring back at the camera, her own, accented voice coming in strong.

Grow up, Kim! Grow the hell up! This opportunity for the World title? It’s the greatest opportunity anyone in SCW could ask for! For the greatest title in the world! It’s what so many of us dream about! It’s something that doesn’t come along very often. You know it and I know it. It’s something that some of us spend years trying to get! Ask Kandis. Ask Autumn. Hell, I just told you my story! People have sold their moralities for it, broken their bodies for it, sacrificed all they have just for a chance at it!

But you want to spit in the face of all that? You want to spit in their face? In MY face? Because the world title isn’t ‘good enough’ for you? You wanna throw these tantrums because the world title isn’t good enough for you? Mock all the current SCW champions and then say you’ve got ‘nothing to prove’ because the world title isn’t ‘good enough’ for you? You want to kidnap my wife because the world title isn’t ‘good enough’ for you?!

Her anger clearly rising, Selena glares into the camera, her breathing heavy and quite audible. Screw you, Kimberly! her voice actually echoes a little in the bus.

There is almost next to nothing ‘professional’ about why I chose you. I chose you because not only do I want to personally kick your ass to the curb and eliminate you from this world title match and the world title picture, I just want to beat the hell out of you for what you did to Deanna.

You say you’ve got nothing to prove, Kimberly, heading into Retribution, because you’re that confident. That may be true, but you know what? I’ve got something to prove. I’m going to prove to you that there are consequences for when you mess with my wife, with my matches, and with my standard of the world title. So, I don’t care if you ‘don’t want to be part of this match’ or whatever. You want to try and run away like you did last Breakdown? I’m going to go after you again, grab you by the hair and drag your ass back into the ring. You want to try and pull that ‘sister-act’ switch? I’ll go under the ring and drag your ass back into the ring. You want to try and not show up to Retribution out of some ‘message’ or ‘boycotting’? she smirks and shakes her head. And I will go up and down the damn arena till I find you and I will beat you to a pulp so that you can never pull of that twin-magic trick again… and then I will drag your ass back into the ring.

Because that is the only thing you truly ‘deserve’, Kimberly. And I know that Autumn Valentine will agree with me because of how you treated the title she defended longer than anyone else in its history…

Stopping herself for a moment, Selena takes a few breaths to calm herself. Yes, I’m switching gears here, Autumn. And before Lexy opens her mouth, no, this isn’t some olive branch to ‘team up’ with you and work on Kimberly. This isn’t me strategizing with you. But neither am I trying to disrespect you by mentioning you second. See, as easy as it was to pick Kim for this heat for the personal reasons, you were just as easy for me to pick for the ‘professional’ ones. her shoulders give another shrug.

Now, Kimberly mentioned your losing streak of, what? Two matches? She may think that erases the near eight-month reign you had as Television Champion, but I don’t. See, I see someone that beat people like Josh Hudson, Shilo Valiant, CHBK, hell, Kimberly brags that she beat you for the title recently, but who did you beat in your first title defence of that reign back in July? Yeah, funny how that’s not mentioned in Kim’s Twitter tangents, right?

A sad smile breaks across her features as her hand taps her knee. But you get the gist, Autumn. And you and me, Autumn? We’ve never liked each other. We’re never going to like each other. You know it. I know it. Anyone that’s not spent the last few years with their head rammed up the exhaust pipe of a Dalek knows it. And trust me, dear, I’m going to get to that in a second. But I wanted to make it adamantly clear how strong the professional reasons are for why I chose you.

It’s taken you awhile to get here, Autumn, but your stock has never been higher. You’re the wildcard, the dark horse of this match, moreso than Kandis or Brittany Lohan. Because you’ve put in the months of victories just like I have time and time again. You’ve turned back the calibre of legends over and over. You’ve held multiple titles at the same time while doing it. This… you against me for the world title… was never a matter of ‘if’ in my mind, but a matter of ‘when’. So, when I had the chance to make it happen, you better believe that I took it.

For as long as I’ve known you, you have complained that I don’t respect you. Well, you can’t say that now, can you? The biggest reason you are here is that I respect what you’ve done in this ring and because I believe, as much as I believe Kim deserves an ass beating the likes of which she has never experienced before, I believe just as much that you belong in this heat against me – that you deserve the first crack at the world championship at Retribution.

Lifting her head with an inhale, Selena lowers it with the exhale. But… you and I both know that there will always be that personal level of things between us. And I could let you talk about it or, if you wanted to be like Ace Marshall back in July, have Lexy do all the talking for you… were it not for your promo on your last match – where you lost to Holly Adams.

It was a promo where you and Lexy talked about hope. Being the ‘hope’ in SCW. Being the ‘beacon of light in SCW’. ‘Believing in yourself’ and having others ‘believe’ as well.

Saying those words, Selena smiles amusingly. Strange enough, I was moved by it, Autumn. I thought it was quite the powerful message… but a little too familiar, don’t you think?

Hope?
Believe?
Restoring SCW?
a little laugh escapes her, the inference beyond clear.

No, really, Autumn, in truth, I took it as a compliment. I mean if the great Autumn Valentine, the Star of Tomorrow, and Lexy Chapel, the Manager of the Year, are trying in earnest to copy my promos then maybe I’m doing something right here. Maybe I’m on the right track in restoring integrity to SCW and to the World title…

But it’s even more amazing for me because it’s you, Autumn. Because you’ve never been shy about speaking your mind with me. I mean, let’s go back, shall we? 2014. There I was, this fresh face in SCW, trying to make my way through it, winning titles, working my way up and I happened to get in the way of the Women’s Champion, that being you. What was set up was a non-title champion vs champion match. The Adrenaline Champion vs the Women’s Champion. Now, let me remind you, this was a title that I had worked for months to acquire. I beat the then champion, Thomas Watson, three times over before I got my shot against him and I won the title. No tricks, nobody running in to save me, nobody holding my hand, I fought and clawed my way to become the Adrenaline champion and earned it.

In the buildup to our match, you, who hadn’t said more than two words to me since I got to SCW, got in front of a camera and preceded to tell the world that I was this no-talent ripoff that was going to get destroyed, showing that the Women’s division was greater than the Adrenaline division. It didn’t matter that I tried to show you respect, it didn’t matter that I had earned my way to facing someone of your calibre. All that mattered to you, Autumn, was that I get buried and the Adrenaline title got buried for your own ego.

Selena is silent for a moment, clearly bothered by such memories. And every time we met up after that, that message never changed for you.  I mean, we want to talk about where the whole “Selena is a fraud” line came from? Look no further right, Autumn? Because it was you, doing all you could to drag my name through the mud. Accusing me of things I didn’t do, taking advantage of my inexperience, all so that you could look ‘just a little better’ in the eyes of the SCW Universe. Because it was easier to try and bring me down than it was to try and build yourself up, wasn’t it?

Shaking her head, the Face of SCW gives a shrug. Now, the ironic thing is that, much like the Women’s division fading away while the Adrenaline division is still going strong, you have come and gone out of SCW over and over again while I have stayed through the good times and the bad, remaining loyal to SCW and standing by the same beliefs that I held back then. In fact, those beliefs are so strong, so powerful, so effective – changing the world in the eyes of the SCW Universe, that the first, and perhaps, biggest critic has now started using them herself…

Lowering her hand back to her side, Selena, again, shakes her head. But I can’t take pride in that where you are concerned, Autumn. I can’t just showboat how, in the years since then, I have accomplished far more than you and, dare I say, surpassed the limitations you tried to bury me under.

Because, much as, I am sure, you see the same person you saw me as all those years ago, I hold grudges. Ever since then, I’ve had a sour taste in my mouth whenever I looked at you or heard your name, Autumn. And every time you and I have stepped into the ring, all I’ve wanted to do is keep proving just how wrong you were back then and how wrong you continue to be about me.

Because you think that by simply saying those words of mine, you can do what I do? That by simply ‘pretending’ to be Selena Frost or ‘Selena Frost-like’, the SCW Universe will cheer your name and believe in you like they have in me?

Autumn…
she sighs knowingly. You’ve been on fire for nearly eight months… not eight years.

While my sister, Regan, and I reinvented the tag-team division, ushering in the first ever Tag-League Tournament, you spent your time in that division playing ‘hot potato’ with the tag-titles with Ravyn and Christy Matthews across house shows just to pad your accolades. Yet, we’re supposed to believe you care about the integrity of titles?

While I was trying to raise the standard in SCW, you were faking an ‘accidental sex show’ on a live stream with a man you were never interested in, if your relationship with Lexy is to be believed. Yet, you pledge ‘honesty’ and ‘hope’ to the SCW Universe?

While I was fighting impossible odds and ambushes and stables attacking me en masse, you were taking part in a fake wedding with a wig-wearing Ace Marshall and a ‘suddenly bi’ Lexy Chapel. Yet, you want us to believe you are genuine?

Biting her lower lip, Selena shakes her head. You want to know why you don’t have the believers that you think you do, Autumn? Why you got beat by Holly Adams, of all people, for the End of the Year title shot vote? It’s because, for all the talent that I’ve mentioned – the ability that I desperately want to go up against again – you have done nothing but lie to these people again and again, selling them sham after sham just to try and keep relevant. So, when you say those words – they don’t believe you mean them. They don’t believe you.

Licking her lips a little, the young woman smirks a little in contemplation. And that bad taste in my mouth, that hypocrisy of yours – the woman that looked down on me for so long, that I know will look down on me as soon as she gets in front of a camera – who will use those same tired lines from eight years ago, but then thinks that ‘copying the words of Selena Frost’ is enough to win a match and become World Champion – that is what will always make our battles personal for me, Autumn. What will always be fuel to my fire, pushing me further and further when I’m in the ring with you. To show the difference between simply saying those words and meaning them. The difference between saying ‘you believe’ and fighting for what you believe in with everything you have, good and bad, up or down, loved or hated.

And whether I go through you and show you that difference, Autumn, or I go through Kimberly at the end of her long ass-kicking, I am going to prove myself to you, to Kimberly, and to the other three women in this match. I am going to prove that I have come too far and fought for too long to lose this championship to an ungrateful brat or an insincere copycat, talented as you both are. I have come too far trying to bring integrity to this belt to see it handed off to someone that will desecrate it or someone that will just use it for her and Lexy’s own ego.

Leaning forward onto her knees, Selena’s sapphire eyes narrow a little. You may think you’re going to make me regret choosing you two to face at Retribution, but come the end of the first heat, it will be you two regretting that I did…

Believe it!

The camera slowly fades on the stern face of the world champion before fading to black.
[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
SCW Television Champion

OOC: Posting this now and need to finish the coding later, I have to pick up the bf at the bus stop and I don't know if I'll be back in time for the 24 hour deadline. Enjoy!

Edit: Coding done! I was, in fact, NOT back before midnight.
-------------------

Retribution 2022 #1
[Image: LIkgPge.png]

SCW: 26 - 35 - 5 || Career: 35 - 41 - 5
>>>>>*<<<<<
SCW World Champion
4X SCW Tag Team Champion W/ Tommy Valentine
[The Connection]
==========
March 7th, 2022
Boston, Massachusetts
Off Camera
==========

Disaster tends to open up your eyes, it tends to force you to wake up and recognize what is really important in life. For Kimberly Williams, that disaster took the form of her twin sister, Marie Jones, and her home burning down to the ground a little over one week ago. Marie is very special to Kim, and not just simply because they are identical twins. Marie is the only member of their family who had faith enough in Kimberly to reach out a helping hand, to give Kimberly the assistance she needed. The rest of the family had given up all hope on Williams. Marie had always believed that Kimberly was redeemable. Marie believed that there was good in Kim, that she could be a contributing member not only to the family but to society. This is why Marie is and always will be Kimberly’s favorite member of her family. You really shouldn’t play favorites when it comes to family but Kim does. She can’t help it. She just cannot forget what Marie did for her and as a result she will always be fiercely loyal to her identical twin sister.

Therefore one can understand why The Woman Scorned would be in such distress, especially when she and Marie were assaulted in Nashville by a mystery woman. Kim wasn’t exactly concerned for her own safety, she was concerned for Marie’s. Then one week ago, when Marie’s home caught fire and burned to the ground, Kim’s fears came to the light yet again. Police suspected arson and if it was arson, then Kim already knows her prime suspect is the same woman who had been stalking them, the same woman who assaulted them in Nashville.

Kimberly knows little about the woman right now. During the initial assault in Nashville the woman shouted about wanting revenge against the twins. Kim can only guess this mention of “revenge” somehow ties into their family…not their mother’s family, the Jones family, but instead their father’s family. The Williams side of Kim and Marie’s family has a dark stain of murder upon its name and reputation. Their uncle Douglas Williams was tried and convicted of a series of murders of young teenage girls and Kim has reason to believe that their father, Sean Williams, may have been involved in those murders himself. It makes perfect sense to Kim that this woman is related to one of the victims in some way, and this is what she means by revenge.

The Woman Scorned is thinking about this and more this morning in Boston as she and Marie, along with Marie’s son, approach another familiar home, the home of their half-sister, the Polish-American known as Jessica Lasiewicz. Their half-sister has agreed to let Marie stay with her until she can get a new place. Marie isn’t exactly looking forward to this new set up but she doesn’t have much of a choice. Kim and Marie are always on the road traveling with Supreme Championship Wrestling. In fact, in a few days they will be traveling to Kansas City for Retribution where Kimberly will be challenging for the SCW World Championship. Now staying in a hotel at whatever city they are at week in and week out for the SCW events could have been an option were it not for Marie’s son, Sean Connor Jones. They can’t exactly bring him with them on the road.

“Do we have to stay at Jessica’s place?” Marie says in an almost whiny tone of voice.

“But I like Aunt Jessie, she’s cool.” Sean pipes in. Marie sighs.

“She’s also very judgmental.”

“She may be judgmental but she has something you don’t…” Kim remarks “...a home.”

“You have a place. Why couldn’t I stay there?”

“Because of my sweet nephew.” Kim says with a grin on her face. She pats Sean on his head. “We are going to be on the road a great deal. Jessica can look after Sean, and when she’s not there Jessica’s husband, Kyle, will be there to look after him.”

“Yeah, and Aunt Jessie is cool.” Sean looks at his mother. “Why haven’t I got to see Aunt Jessie in awhile?”

“Because your mom doesn’t like her.”

“Kim, hush!” Marie says angrily. Kim smirks nastily.

“Is that true, mom?” Sean asks. Marie sighs and shakes her head.

“Your Aunt Jessie and I have had our disagreements but despite what your Aunt Kim says, we do get along just fine.”

“BS…”

“Kim!” Marie says sternly. Kim shrugs her shoulders.

“What? I’m just being honest with the kid.”

“How much longer until we get there?” Sean asks impatiently. “I can’t wait to see Aunt Jessie.”

“Her home is just up ahead, kiddo.” Kim says, pointing ahead of them to a large Victorian style home off in the distance. Seeing this Sean bolts off, running as fast as he can towards the home.

“Sean! Don’t go…” she sighs as she realizes that her son is too far gone “...running off.”

“He takes after his Aunt Kimmy!” Kim says proudly.

“That’s not always a good thing, Kim.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well take this world championship thing for instance. I mean, you have a chance to become the SCW World Champion this Sunday at Retribution. That is one of the richest prizes in wrestling. And you act as if it means absolutely nothing. I mean, selling titles, peeing on titles, setting titles on fire, that was fun and all when it was the Television Title. But this is the World Championship. You would be the best wrestler in the world if you had that title.”

“And if I don’t win the title then I’m not the best?”

Marie sighs and then shrugs her shoulders. “I didn’t say that…but…”

“I know you don’t think that I thinking this through. I know that you and everyone in SCW believe that I never plan ahead, that I just randomly do shit. And you know what? For the most part that’s true. I don’t make plans. But this insanity surrounding the SCW World Championship, I have spent a long time thinking about this. I am convinced that I am right…”

“Right about what?”

Kim smirks devilishly. “You will have to wait and see! Just trust me, sis, there is a method to my madness.”

“I trust you.” Marie nods her head. “I’m just glad you have your mind on Retribution. After what happened to my home, after it got burnt to the ground, I was worried you would be…”

“On a mission to track down and butcher the little bitch who did this?” Kim suggests. Marie nods her head.

“We think that she may have done this…but yeah…”

“There’s no thinking about it. The signs are right there. We haven’t had anyone target us like this before you brought our uncle’s string of murders back to the public light. Then once you did, suddenly we become targets. A woman attacks us in Nashville. Then your house is targeted by an arsonist.”

“Coincidence.”

“I do not believe in coincidences.” Kim remarks as she and Marie continue making their way towards the victorian home of Jessica Lasiewicz. It isn’t long until they have finally caught up to Marie’s son, Sean. He is already there are the front door in the waiting arms of Jessica Lasiewicz, who greets her nephew with an embrace.

“Aunt Jessie!”

“Hi, Sean!” Jessica brushes her hand through his long-ish brown hair. “Your hair is getting longer.”

“Yeah…I like it this way…”

“It looks good on you.” Jessica looks up to see her half-siblings Marie and Kim. She then smiles back at Sean and motions him inside. “Go inside, Sean. There’s ice cream waiting for you in the kitchen.”

“Alright!” Sean runs inside. Jessica chuckles and looks at Marie.

“You have a great kid, Marie.”

“Thanks.” Marie sighs. “And I suppose thank you for letting us stay.”

“Yeah, I suppose a you’re welcome is in order too?” Jessica remarks. The tension is clear and thick between these two. Jessica motions for Marie to go inside. “Why don’t you go in and find your son? Make yourselves at home.”

Marie looks skeptically at Kim. She knows what Jessica is doing. She wants to isolate Kim. But Marie sighs and nods her head, she reluctantly enters the home and shuts the door. Jessica approaches Kimberly who just smiles politely.

“Thank you for doing this, Jess.”

“Don’t mention it. I would do anything for my family.” Jessica smiles at Kim. “Just like you.”

Kim scoffs and shakes her head. “I’m not as good as you think, Jess. Have you seen the kinds of hell me and Marie have been raising on Breakdown lately?”

“I have and I admit, I’m not exactly proud of your actions.” Jessica points towards Kim’s chest. “But deep down in your heart, you are a good person. The fact that you are doing so much to help Marie is proof of that.”

“I’m not doing shit.” Kim scoffs. “You’re the one taking her in.”

“But you had to talk her into it. Marie hates me, you know that.” Jessica grins. “How much of a fight did she put up? How much did she complain on the way over here?”

“...just a little…”

“Don’t lie.”

“Fine! She bitched and griped the whole way!” Kimberly sighs. “Geez, I’m just trying to help her!”

“I know that and while she may not appreciate it now, someday she will appreciate it and appreciate you for the wonderful person you are. You are doing so much for her, Kim. Just be careful with some of what you’re doing for her.”

Kim chuckles softly. “If you’re warning me about reprisals from the SCW locker room forget it! We’re already too far gone!”

“I’m not talking about that.” Jessica states sternly. “Marie’s home was targeted by an arsonist. And before that the two of you were attacked on the streets of Nashville. That’s hardly a coincidence.”

“So you agree with me?” Kim asks with wide eyes. Jessica nods her head.

“I do…and you should be careful, because I know you and if I’m correct, you’re probably doing your own independent investigation to find the identity of your attacker.”

“Damn right I am.” Kim says with a devilish grin.

“You should let the police deal with this one, Kim.” Jessica warns. “This person, if it is the same person who targeted you both times, is obviously insane.”

“Insane?” Kim says cheerfully. “I know all about insane! I have a Dalek, a Penguin named Wasley, a knife glove named Betty White, an infinity gauntlet, I may or may not have peed on a title belt, I…”

“Kim!” Jessica exclaims.

“What?”

“Kim, I know you want to handle this yourself. But be careful. You have no idea what you are up against…or who.”

“You’re right, I don’t.” Kim sighs and shakes her head. “But I don’t need to know. All I need to know is that she tried to kill my sister…twice…and I am not going to let that stand. Marie risked her life for me when no one else would. So am I willing to risk my life to protect her? Absolutely.”

Jessica sighs. “And that’s why you are just too damned kind.”

“That’s a first. No one has called me kind before…they’ve called me kind of crazy…”

“Well they just fail to see the real you. You don’t let them SEE the real you.” Jessica places a hand on her half-sister’s shoulder. “Why don’t you try letting that Kim out once in awhile?”

Williams' face goes stoic. She shakes her head. “I can’t…like I said, I’m too far gone.” Kim turns and starts to walk away. “Thanks again for taking care of Marie.”

“Yeah, no problem…” Jessica sighs “...just be careful.”

==========
March 12th, 2022
Kansas City, MO
On Camera
==========

The camera begins to roll and the very first thing the viewer sees is a set that looks oddly enough very similar to the famous Jeopardy game show set. In fact, the famous Jeopardy theme music is even being played. Or at least, it is a slight variation of it; we don’t want to have to pay for those silly little trademarks and copyrights now do we? A few moments into the theme and the loyal robot drone known as Dalek rolls into the scene. It has a tie around its…neck? The pepper pot shaped drone comes to the center of the camera view and stops. It turns so that its eyestalk faces the camera.

“I AM DALEK TREBEK! WELCOME BACK FROM THE COMMERCIAL BREAK! APPLAUD! APPLAUD! APPLAUD OR BE EXTERMINATED!”

On cue piped in cheers are heard.

“SILENCE!”

Again, on cue, the cheers stop.

“IT IS NOW TIME FOR DOUBLE JEOPARDY! OUR RETURNING CHAMPION, JUNEAU FROST, HAS NEGATIVE FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS!”

Booing is heard. We cut to show three podiums. One stands a cardboard cutout of Selena Frost with a mustache drawn in with magic marker. In the middle is a cardboard cutout of Shaun Cruze with devil horns placed atop its head. And the third podium stands a real live person, none other than “The Woman Scorned” Kimberly Williams.

“OUR CHALLENGERS, FIRST SHAUN CRUISERWEIGHT, THE HUMAN FLESH CREATURE HAS THREE DOLLARS AND FOURTEEN CENTS!”

More boing can be heard piped in.

“LASTLY, MISTRESS KIMBERLY WILLIAMS IS IN THE LEAD WITH 3.2 TRILLION DOLLARS AND NINETY TWO CENTS!”

Loud cheering can be heard as Kimberly jumps up in the air for joy.

“ARE THE CONTESTANTS READY FOR DOUBLE JEOPARDY?! ANSWER! ANSWER! ANSWER!”

Kimberly giggles. “Double Jeopardy, eh? Y’know, I did a game show themed promo for my last match and I lost. Do you really think this is a good idea, Rusty?”

“IT WAS YOUR IDEA, MISTRESS!”

“Good point. Continue…”

“VERY WELL!” The genocidal pepper shaker turns to face the big board. “THE CATEGORIES FOR DOUBLE JEOPARDY ARE…”

“BLONDES WHO HAVE YET TO RECEIVE THEIR LATTES FROM BRITTANY LOHAN!”

“ANGRY FEMALES BEARING A STRIKING RESEMBLANCE TO A M4 SHERMAN TANK!”

“FAMOUS ASSES”

“TOO MANY VALENTINES!”

“WITCHES FROM ALASKA”

“LEGENDS FROM NEW ENGLAND!”

The Dalek turns its attention back to Kimberly. “YOU HAVE CONTROL OF THE BOARD, MISTRESS!”

“Yay!” Kimberly claps giddily. “Uh…Too Many Valentines for 100!”

“ANSWER…THIS VALENTINE, WHO WAS HUMILIATED BY KIMBERLY WILLIAMS ON BREAKDOWN AND YET STILL WILL GET A WORLD TITLE SHOT DESPITE BEING ON A LOSING STREAK, IS THE 9 THOUSANDTH FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTY FIFTH VALENTINE TO SIGN A CONTRACT WITH SUPREME CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING!”

Williams pushes the button on her podium to answer. “Oh, oh, I know…who is, Autumn Valentine?!”

“CORRECT! CORRECT! CORRECT! CORRECT! CORRECT! CORRECT! CORRECT! CORRECT! CORRECT! CORRECT! CORRECT! CORRECT! CORRECT! CORRECT!”

“Shut up you stupid rust bucket!” Kimberly exclaims loudly and angrily. “Once is enough!”

“APOLOGIES, MISTRESS! CONTINUE!”

“Ok, let’s go with…” Williams studies the board intensely “...blondes who have yet to receive their lattes from Brittany Lohan for 500!”

“THIS BLONDE HAS HAD AT LEAST THREE OPPORTUNITIES TO BECOME SCW WORLD CHAMPION SINCE HER RETURN TO THE COMPANY AND HAS BEEN A COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE IN ALL OF THOSE ATTEMPTS, YET STILL SHE GETS ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO BECOME SCW WORLD CHAMPION AT RETRIBUTION…SHE ALSO HAS YET TO GET HER LATTE FROM BRITTANY LOHAN…”

“Oh, oh, I know this!” Kimberly again presses the button on her podium. “Who is Holly Adams?!”

“CORRECT!”

“Seriously, who IS Holly Adams? She seems like your generic ditzy blonde to me.” Kimberly shrugs her shoulders.

“CHOOSE ANOTHER CATEGORY!”

Kimberly sticks her tongue out at Dalek. “Famous Asses for 400.”

“THIS FAMOUS ASS AT LEAST DID DEFEAT SOMEONE NOTEWORTHY TO EARN HER WAY INTO THE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH AT RETRIBUTION, BUT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HER OTHER TITLE OPPORTUNITIES CAME BECAUSE SHE BITCHES AND COMPLAINED UNTIL SCW MANAGEMENT GAVE HER WHAT SHE WANTED JUST TO SHUT HER UP!”

Williams pushes the button on her podium. “Who is Kandis?! That has to be her. She’s also famous only for having a big ass…”

“CORRECT!”

“Next I want to go with angry females bearing a striking resemblance to an M4 Sherman tank for…100!”

“UP UNTIL RECENTLY, THIS M4 SHERMAN TANK WAS THE PERSONAL BITCH OF KENNEDY STREET, AND AT RETRIBUTION KIMBERLY WILLIAMS WILL MAKE HER HER PERSONAL BITCH!”

Kimberly jumps up and down and pushes the button on her podium. “Who is, uh, who is BRITTANY LOHAN?!”

“CORRECT! SELECT AGAIN!”

“Uh…” Kimberly points at the big board “...witches from Alaska for 300!”

“THIS WITCH FROM ALASKA SANCTIMONIOUSLY VIEWS HERSELF AS THE FACE OF SCW!”

“That’s easy…” Kimberly pushes the button on her podium to answer “...Juneau Frost!”

“ANSWER MUST BE IN THE FORM OF A QUESTION!”

“Sorry! Uh, who is Juneau Frost?”

“CORRECT!”

“Well, how about Legends from New England for 500!”

“ANSWER…THIS LEGEND FROM NEW ENGLAND WON MORE SUPER BOWLS THAN ANYONE ELSE BETWEEN TWO TEAMS, THE PATRIOTS AND THE BUCCANEERS!”

Williams furrows her brow in confusion. “Seriously? Who the hell put that question in there, Rusty?”

“YOUR SISTER!”

“I’m gonna kill Marie when I see her.” Kim sighs. “Fine…who is Tom Brady? But even he isn’t as great as me!”

“CORRECT! YOU HAVE WON DOUBLE JEOPARDY!”

Williams throws her head back and laughs out loud. Kimberly steps away from her podium and starts walking around. “I won Double Jeopardy! Talk about bad comedy, eh Rusty? But then again, someone had to do the cheap Jeopardy themed promo and it might as well be me! Am I right? And if we really want to talk about bad comedy, let’s begin with these two clowns right here…” Kimberly approaches the cardboard cutouts of Selena Frost and Shaun Cruze.

“Shaun Cruiserweight is supposed to be the SCW commissioner. Now that is a really bad joke, because Shaun Cruiserweight really is a joke when it comes to being a commissioner. Before I even began raising hell and causing chaos throughout SCW, I’ve been telling him and everyone else who would listen that all I really wanted was a fair rematch, a fair shot at the Underground Championship. What does Shaun Cruiserweight do? He insults my intelligence by giving me everything but that! And who DOES he give the Underground Title Match to? First he gives it to Oktoberfest, whose singular achievement is having the single worst losing record in the company’s history. Then he becomes champion after a stroke of luck. Now I already have beaten Oktoberfest, so surely I would get the next Underground Title shot, right? Wrong. Instead Shaun Cruiserweight here gives it to some nobody who has been with SCW for a cup of fucking coffee!” Kimberly takes the cardobard cutout of Shaun Cruze and rips its head off. She then steps over to Selena Frost’s cardboard cutout.

“Then we have Juneau Frost, the reigning SCW World Champion, who has such a lofty and high opinion of herself that not only does she call herself The Face of SCW but she actually believes I are about her and her stupid world championship?” Williams chuckles softly and then shakes her head. “Talk about an egomaniac. You see, Frosty, I do not care about you or your dumb little championship. The only reason I got involved in your stupid, meaningless title match against Holly Adams was to send a message to the SCW management, specifically to the recently decapitated Shaun Cruiserweight over there. What I did wasn’t personal, Juneau. It was just business.” Williams points a finger at the camera.

“You made it personal. You made it personal because you have this unhealthy obsession with the SCW World Championship. Hell, everyone in this company has an unhealthy obsession with the SCW World Championship. But no one more than you…except maybe Glory Braddock. You and her both were right on up there! You both were so hell bent on restoring honor and dignity and respectability to the SCW World Championship!” Kimberly throws her head back and laughs out loud. “Now THAT is bad comedy! Dignity and respectability to the SCW World Championship? The SCW World Title had lost any and all respectability and honor that it may have had a very long time ago, long before little old me got involved.”

“That SCW World Championship, a title you hold currently, should be around the waist of Holly Adams right now if we actually followed the letter of the law. Because by the letter of the law disqualifications would have caused the title to change hands in your last one on one defense against that deranged bimbo. I dropped that ditzy bitch on her head in front of the whole damn world and the referee. By the letter of the law she should have been awarded the title. But we don’t care about the rules around here, do we? At least not when it comes to the SCW World Title.”

“That SCW World Title at one point was SHARED by Asher and Cid, two former besties now turned enemies. The AC Unit pretended to be co-champions, with Asher running around with the title the whole time, all because he couldn’t get the job done on his own…which is what is last girlfriend said too.” Kimberly winks at the camera. “How can you respect the SCW World Championship when those two clowns pretended to be co-champions like that?”

“But why stop there? Let’s rewind it further, back to that world title gauntlet. Bree Lancaster had to defend the title basically against the whole damn roster simply because Ace Marshall was bored and wanted to fuck with everyone. Now that match alone was fucking ridiculous. A fresh Glory Braddock defeated a fresh Bree Lancaster in the gauntlet to become champion. But Glory was punished for her achievement by having to defend it right away against Chris Cannon. At the end of the day, old Chrissy poo was LUCKY enough to leave the World Champion. Bree was wronged, Glory was wronged, and at the end of the day we had a champion who was champion simply because he…was…LUCKY! How can you take the title seriously after that gauntlet bullshit?”

“Oh but let’s go back to when Bree became champion in the first place. She, as United states Champion, defeated James Evans, then world champion, in a winner take all match. But if you recall, Bree had just recently suffered a major defeat…who beat little miss priss?” Kimberly points to herself. “That’s right! ME! It was me! I beat her ass in the center of the ring! Considering that defeat was so recent why wasn’t I included in that little winner take all fiasco? A LOSER got a chance to become World Champion and again, the LOSER got lucky and became champion.”

“But wait, there’s more! Don’t forget how Syren conned, lied, and even framed people for crimes just to become the world champion. And it worked! Her little lying, crime spree, which by all rights should have landed her under criminal investigation, gave her the SCW World Championship! Now that’s a great deal of dignity, honor, and respect right there, now isn’t it Frosty?” Williams sighs and then shakes her head.

“Let’s face facts; this SCW World Championship that Juneau and Cruiserweight feel is so special and so important, this SCW World Championship that they want to restore honor and dignity to, the fact is that it is beyond help. It is beyond salvage. So why am I more focused on the Underground Title? Why don’t I care one damn bit about becoming SCW World Champion at Retribution? Most people would say that if you’re not in this to be the world champion then you are in the wrong business. But I am ahead of the curve. I am smarter than the rest of you. I figured it out. For starters, I do not need a stupid piece of gold to prove that I am the best. I do not need to win a television title or a world title to prove that I am more than just a death match wrestler. I have proven that I am among the best pure wrestlers before because I have BEATEN some of the best pure wrestlers in the world.”

“Bree Lancaster…former World Champion…I beat her.”

“Syren…former World Champion…I beat her.”

“Jordan Majors…former Adrenaline Champion, star of tomorrow…I beat her.”

Williams shakes her head. “I do not need a championship belt in order to stroke my own ego. Juneau Frost, KandASS, Brittany Latte, Autumn “Losing Streak” Valentine, Bimbo Adams Trademarked, they need the title belt to help their ego, to make themselves feel good about themselves. But I already know how good I am. I already know that I can beat anyone in this company any time I want. That’s just one reason why the SCW World Title Match at Retribution is beneath my notice. The other reason? Because like I already explained, I have already figured out that the SCW World Title is beyond saving. Shaun Cruiserweight and Juneau Frost’s little mission to restore honor and dignity to the championship is an exercise in futility. There is no way anyone can restore respectability to a championship with that kind of history behind it.”

“I would have gladly walked away from this whole thing. Initially my plan was just to not show up at Retribution. Let the other five fools kill themselves for that pointless piece of tin. But Shaun Cruiserweight and Juneau Frost kept pressing the issue. They wouldn’t leave me alone. And despite my offers to back off if they just promised me a fair shot at the Underground Title, they still ignored me. They still insisted that I show up and played with the other children at Retribution.” Williams chuckles softly.

“Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it. See, I have changed my mind. If you are a farmer and you have a sick horse or a sick cow, or maybe you are just an average joe or average jill, you have a pet kitty or puppy and that kitty or puppy is sick. There’s nothing the vet can do. So what happens? You take that horse, that cow, that puppy, or that kitty, and you put it down. You put it out of its misery. That’s what I am going to do at Retribution.” Kimberly nods her head. “I am coming to Retribution and I will compete in that Double Jeopardy Match for the SCW World Championship. No games, no trickery, I won’t throw the match or any other bullshit like that. I am actually going to try and win. And that’s bad news for everyone but especially to Shaun Cruiserweight and Juneau Frost, because I will win that match and become the SCW World Champion. And then I will put the championship out of its misery.”

“I’m not talking urinating on it, I’m not talking about setting it on fire, I’m not talking about selling it. I’m going to figuratively…” Dalek comes rolling onto the scene next to Kimberly with a shovel. Kimberly takes the shovel and holds it proudly “...and literally bury the SCW Championship!”

“But I am NOT the villain here! I am the only person gutsy enough, and maybe crazy enough, to do what needs to be done. Do you want to rebuild and restore honor, respectability, and dignity to the championship? Then let it die. Kill it, put it out of its misery, and start over. I am going to win that championship, then go find some nice spot in the woods and bury the stupid belt. And if anyone wants it? They can go on a scavenger hunt. In the meantime I will be a champion without that stupid piece of tin holding me down. This company needs a restoration and it needs a better class of champion and I am going to be that champion.” A devilish grin forms on Kimberly’s face as the camera fades to black.
[Image: Fr3dxo2WIAAhCXt?format=jpg&name=large]
SWC Southern Heavyweight Champion 1x
MWA Turmoil Champion 1x
GCW World Tag Team Champion 1x
HKW Bloodlust Champion 3x
2022 SCW Trios Tournament Winner
SCW Underground Champion 5x
SCW Television Champion 1x
MWE Chicago Way Champion 1x
5LW Television Champion 1x
Queen of the Death Match

[Image: mariejones.png]

SCW Television Champion 2x
UWA World Champion 1x
UWA X-Class Champion 1x
IWC World Tag Team Champion 1x
MCW X-Division Champion 1x
GDW International Champion 1x
GDW World Tag Team Champion 3x

OOC: Occurs immediately following Selena’s first. Promo occurs day of Retribution. Good luck, all!

Project: Black Ice

”Shoot first, ask questions later”

She looked around desperately, trying to get her bearings. All she could see was snow. Snow as far as the eye could see. Snow that covered the ground. Snow that covered the trees that surrounded her. Snow that feel in thick, heavy clumps from the black skies above.

Why was she here? Hadn’t she just been… just been…

Her eyes widened. She couldn’t remember where she had last been, but she knew it hadn’t been here. Maybe a place like here, there was some familiarity with the snow that she felt.

But I wasn’t here… she thought. This is where I always go to die…

The thought brought no sadness or despair in her. How many times did she face death here, her blood staining the pure-white snow? How many times had she been destroyed only to wake up?

Wake up… so it was lucid dream this time. She had had those before as well – and they were always preferred. They gave her courage, even if she couldn’t entirely remember where last she was. Was it work related?

Quickly, as she took her first step forward, seeing her black boots sink into the snow up to her shin, she tried to recall her last vivid memory…

Defeating Glory Braddock.
Something about choosing opponents?
Utter chaos…

With a shake of her head, the woman decided to push on. She would have all the answers once she faced whatever was waiting for her and woke up - of that she was sure of. But she remembered Glory for some reason.

The woman deemed “The Best Wrestler in the World”… and she was banished from the world title match – had that been the platinum-blonde’s doing? Was it her fault? She had fought with the belief that both of them, regardless of who won and who lost, would highlight the main-event at Retribution. She had argued that Glory had fought with nothing to lose because she truly believed Glory had nothing to lose… when she unknowingly had all along.

Was Selena a murderer? A killer of dreams? She hadn’t meant to eliminate Glory from the match – she wanted Glory there, adding to the integrity of the title! Even so, it had been her kick – her attack – that had brought Braddock down… so there was no one to blame but her…

She shook her head harshly as she saw the snow fall off from the top of her scalp, joining the thick blanket that spread before her. No, there needed to be a winner and a loser. That was what the SCW world title was about. The days of two people sharing it were, thank Odin, long gone! Only one person could be champion and it deserved to be the better person. Not someone that would get one or more friends to outnumber the opponent. Not someone that won one match and declared themselves “the rightful champion”. Not someone that broke every rule and deemed it ‘fair’. Not even someone that called themselves “The Best Wrestler in the World” and failing to live up to that moniker…

“It was either her or me…” was that her voice? She didn’t feel herself talking but the voice was clear in her head and it sounded like hers.

Selena Frost…

She spun around on the spot, searching high and low for the sound of the voice she heard. It was loud and ominous, dark and intimidating… yet there was nothing. Nothing but the snow falling around her.

Selena Frost… echoed the voice again, as if trying to get her attention. Again, the Snow Queen spun around, but saw no one. However, as she turned back around to continue her walk, she was suddenly no longer staring into the vast blanket of snow…

But five pairs of bitter, angry eyes all glaring back at her.

She opened her mouth to gasp in shock, but no sound came out. She tried to take a step back as well, but her back met resistance. Turning her head, she spied the large, brick wall that now blocked her path from behind.

Selena Frost! boomed the voice, louder than ever, almost deafening her ears and forcing her to, once more, face the line of people standing before her, recognizing each one.

Kandis.
Kim Williams.
Holly Adams.
Autumn Valentine.
Brittany Lohan.

All five women stared her down, some of them flexing and relaxing their hands into fists and back again, as if itching to be the one that attacked first. Yet, none of them did.

“Well?” Selena asked, standing before them. “What are you waiting for?”

Selena Frost… came the voice once more. You stand before this court accused of murder of the first degree, conspiracy to commit murder, theft, and conspiracy to commit theft, and blackmail. That you knowingly stole the world title from Holly Adams, conspired with others to keep it from her, and, lastly, with great prejudice and violence, murdered Glory Braddock. A series of crimes that is punishable by death. Do you understand the charges?

Casting her eyes from one woman to the next, she spied the wide grin of Holly Adams, the smug smirk of Autumn Valentine, the dismissive boredom of Kim Williams, and the amused smile of Kandis. Only Brittany Lohan seemed to have no expression other than a serious one as she observed.

“I do.” The platinum-blonde finally answered.

And how do you plead?

“Depends on which charge.” She answered honestly.

On the charge of theft and conspiracy?
“Not guilty.” Selena remarked.
“LIAR!” she heard Holly scream but ignored her.
On the charge of blackmail?
“Not guilty.”

There was a moment of silence between the women before the voice was heard again.

On the charge of murder?

Slowly, a sigh escaped from Selena, condensing into mist as it left her lungs. “Guilty as charged.” She answered. “I knowingly defeated Glory. Even if I didn’t know it would kill her chances to be here with the rest of us… I am responsible for that.”

So noted… It is the decision of this court that you be executed by firing squad.

Casting her eyes back towards the others in a rush, Selena spied that their hands were no longer at their sides and no longer empty. Each one of them held some sort of firearm – Where did they… she started to think but her mind froze as all five guns were pointed directly at her. She could see the utter joy in so many of their faces, either for her destruction or just destruction in general.

May God have mercy on your soul… came the voice. Take Aim… demanded the voice. At the order, Kimberly and Autumn aimed their guns.

Fire. came the order.

For some reason, Selena saw the flashes of the bang before she heard any sound. Still, even as she saw blood burst out of her as she hit the ground, she felt no true pain. Slowly, as if moving through quicksand, she pushed herself to her knees, seeing her blood spilling from her shoulder and stomach as it stained the white snow.

Take Aim… came the voice again, giving her just enough time to look up to see the others: Holly, Kandis, and Brittany now aim their guns straight at her. Fire.

She was blasted onto her back, her sapphire eyes staring up at the dark clouds and snow still falling. It was, actually, quite beautiful a sight and she felt, oddly, comforted by it, a smile forming across her features. In fact, she was so enchanted by the sight of the snowfall that she almost missed the sound of crunching snow approaching her until a cloaked figured stood above her. She could not see their face.

Was it Kandis?
Kimberly?
Autumn?
Holly?
Brittany?
Killjoy?
Ryan?

She didn’t know, for all she saw under the hood were those glowing yellow eyes as the being held a gun of its own towards her, aiming straight at her head.

Mercy on your soul, Selena Frost…

The sound of one last gunshot filled her ears… and then… oblivion.

Nome Recreation Center
Nome, Alaska
March 3rd, 2022
6:41pm

“SELENA!”

Her ears were still ringing as she heard her name being screamed, but the voice was enough to rip through to her. In an instant, sapphire eyes flew open, to the teary emerald eyes and mane of red hair.

“Please, wake-“ those emerald eyes widened as they say Selena’s sapphire orbs. “Oh, thank Odin!”. With a cry, Deanna threw her arms around Selena, who, only at that moment, realized that she was lying on the floor, with the hard wood underneath her and Deanna on top of her.

“Deanna…” she tried, instinctively drawing her arms around her wife. “What are-“

As if waking from a dream, everything flashed behind Selena’s eyes.

Gavin Scythe’s party to officially begin his campaign for mayor of Nome.
His brother, Ryan, showing up to crash it and try and bury his brother.
Gavin sticking to the strategy by him, Jean, Zelda, Talia and Selena and beating Ryan!
Selena leaving Ryan in the corner – damn that had felt good!
Dancing with Deanna – the gunshot…

Without thinking, Selena bolted upright, causing Deanna to jump back a little, shifting to her knees. As Selena’s eyes flew around the room, her ears seemed to finally pick up the sounds around her. Sounds of people screaming as they ran around like chickens with their heads cut off. Some were rushing to the exit, while others were huddled in the corners of the room. Several people dressed in black were swarming the room as well – security – seemingly trying to regain order and control in what had become a gymnasium of chaos.

“What…” Selena’s head seemed to explode with a dull ached that gripped her skull and neck, causing a pale hand to grasp it. “Ahh…” she winced, trying to breath the pain away. “Conceal…” she whispered. “Don’t feel…”

A few slow breaths later, with Deanna helping the Snow Queen to sit up against the cool wall, Selena refocused her attention back onto her wife. “Are you alright?” she asked, her eyes running over her wife’s form. “I remember hearing a gunshot while we were dancing and then…”

“You threw me to the ground, trying to protect me.” Deanna nodded, staying close to her wife. “But the gunshot made everyone start panicking and rushing around and someone really kicked you in the head.”

“I got knocked out?!” Selena’s eyes widened in surprise. “For how long?”
“Just a minute.” Deanna assured her, breathing another sigh of relief. “Longest minute of my life.” She added, aggressively wiping at her eyes with her palm.

Continuing to stare into the room, at the dissolving chaos, Selena shook her head. “Who the hell fired that shot?” she asked aloud. “I thought security checked everyone before they entered.”

“They’re supposed to.”

Both Frost wives turned their heads to stare up at the kneeling Jean Black, the suited detective on a knee and leaning a bit on his cane to check over the two women. “Are you both alright?”

Selena opened her mouth to speak, but was quickly interrupted as Deanna took charge. “Selena was knocked out for barely a minute.” She reported. “I think she was just stunned by an errant kick.”

“Thank goodness that’s all that happened.” Jean surmised, earning a nod from Deanna, who cast another emerald gaze on her beloved. “Can you both stand?” he asked, immediately pushing himself to his feet.

Slowly, with help of Deanna at first, Selena pulled herself to a standing position. Testing her balance, she was relieved to feel… nothing. No dizziness, no nausea – all the signs of concussion that she knew so well from her years in SCW were absent. Only a slight headache and a stiffness in her neck, probably from the whiplash. “I’m fine.” She remarked with an exhale of relief.

“Good.” Jean nodded curtly. “We need to get moving.”
“Why?” Deanna asked, her eyes widening. “Where’s Zelda-“
“She’s with Gavin heading to the hospital. The boy was-“
“Oh gods…” Deanna gasped, while a quiet gasp escaped the platinium-blonde.

“Easy!” pressed Jean, holding out a hand to grasp Selena’s shoulder, though his gray gaze shifted between Deanna and Selena. “He was just clipped in the shoulder! He’s fine. Security got himn out. He was talking and seemed alright.”

More sighs of relief came from the Frost wives. “So, what do we-“ Selena tried.
“I already spoke to security.” Jean remarked, lifting up his hand to hail a security guard to take their statements. “We’ll talk to them first and then we’re heading to the hospital.”

“What do we tell them?” Deanna asked nervously.
“The truth.” Selena sighed. “That we have no idea what the hell happened.”
“Don’t we?” Deanna whispered her eyes glancing up at her wife. “Because I…” her voice trailed off.

“What is it, Deanna?” Selena asked, reaching out to take her wife’s shoulders into her hands gently. “Did you see something?”
“No, I didn’t see anything.” Deanna shook her head sadly. “But…I mean… weren’t we told this would happen?”

The redhead bit her lower lip, partially ashamed for asking such a question and yet, neither Jean nor Selena could blame her for asking it. For, in truth, they had been told that something would happen. A very real threat from a very real danger…

And they had all but outright dared it to come after them…

Norton Sound Regional Hospital
Nome, Alaska
March 3rd, 2022
7:33pm

Selena had been checked quickly by the doctor to ensure she had not suffered any lingering issues from that passerby kick to the head, and the Snow Queen was relieved that she hadn’t. The last thing she wanted was to be less than 100% with the most difficult title defence of her career on the horizon.

Well, that’s not true… she thought glumly as she pulled the dark-blue hoodie over her bare frame, completing the transformation from that ‘elite’ dress to the black leggings and the snowflake embroidered hoodie that wrapped around her and comforted her. Last thing I want now is for Gavin not to be shot.

Not giving herself a glance over in the mirror as she exited the bathroom stall, Selena marched out of the bathroom and into the hallway, one of many, of the hospital. Immediately, her eyes spotted Deanna leaning against the wall. Like the platinum-blonde, Deanna had changed into more comfortable clothes, exchanging her dress to shin-high brown boots, black leggings and a burgundy sweater, along with Selena’s leather jacket to keep her warm.

Seeing her wife emerge from the bathroom, the redhead held out her hand as Selena reached her, the Snow Queen immediately taking the offered hand into her own. “How is everyone?” she asked, running her free hand through her untied platinum-blonde hair.

“Jean and Zelda are talking to Gavin right now.” Deanna replied with a sigh.
“Can’t imagine what he’s feeling.” Selena remarked.
“Yeah. I mean…” Deanna tried to smile, though it was a little forced. “We deal with maniacs all the time – he’s lost his dad and now…” she gave a shrug.

It was a somber thought. For while Malcolm Scythe had been an evil bastard for many years towards the Frost family, Gavin had, for the most part, been sparred of any true horrors that the former mayor had unleashed with the aid of his son, Ryan. Not that that made the youngest Scythe ignorant. Far from it, but having an idea of such evils existing wasn’t the same as being in the thick of it – of being the target as the Frosts had been. That was no longer the case for the poor boy.

“Sort of makes me being kidnapped seem kind of tame.” Deanna remarked as she quietly slid into her wife’s embrace, resting her head under her wife’s chin as the older Frost held her.

The remark caused a chuckle to rumble a little in Selena’s chest. “I’d choose hot mustard sauce over bullets any day of the week.” She agreed, opting to kiss her wife’s crown protectively. “Or five women with massive ego complexes over one madman with a fascination for skull helmets and poison.”

She felt Deanna nod her head against her chest before lifting her head up, pushing herself on her tiptoes a little to steal a chaste kiss from the world champion.

“Selena…Deanna…” once more, the couple were interrupted. However, this time, it was Zelda calling out to them from just halfway down the hall. She was wearing a gray long coat of wool and her hair was tied in a ponytail.

“Zoe…” Deanna approached the woman first, the taller Selena following behind, the trio walking the necessary steps to reach the room where Gavin was being tended to. “How is he?”

“Spooked.” The brunette answered simply with a rise and drop of her shoulders. “And I…” she seemed to pause for a second before turning back towards the two wrestlers. “I think you should know that he thinks Ryan had something to do with it.”

Now, there was a chance that Zelda was expecting some kind of disbelief from either Frost wife. Some kind of logic to rebuff such a claim. However, as Selena and Deanna shared a glance, the pair could only sigh in understanding. “We suspected that too.” Deanna replied. “We… were kind of talking about it on the way here.”

“Then it’s not just me?” Zelda exhaled, relief washing over her lovely features. “It doesn’t sound crazy, does it?”

“No, it doesn’t.” Selena explained. “The security were absolutely careful on every person that came into the gymnasium initially. Everyone was checked and had to go through the metal-detector.” She recalled, remembering the near hour of ‘extra security measures’ the “Gavin for Mayor” team had employed after Killjoy’s threat weeks ago. “There wasn’t a single person that had a weapon on them at the start. The only person that wasn’t so thoroughly checked…” her voice trailed off in a lead.

“Was Ryan.” Zelda correctly answered. “We thought it was the megaphone he brought in setting off the metal detector, but what if that was a diversion…”
“But it’s still so hard to believe…” Deanna shook her head, her emerald eyes wide. “I mean, I’m not on good grounds with my sister, but I would never-“
“Ryan isn’t you.” Selena answered simply. “And he’s the only person that wasn’t checked. The only person that could have brought a gun into the center.”

“Except for one glaring problem, dearie.” The sound of Jean Black’s voice as he exited the room where Gavin was caused all three women to turn and regard him, the older detective, not once, breaking his stride. “Ryan was the first man searched by security after they rushed in. They found no gun on him.”

“Then he hid it in the ensuing chaos.” Deanna guessed, earning a shake of the head from Jean.
“No gun was found on site.” Jean stated. “I’ve been getting text updates from the security team every twenty-minutes.” He held up the phone, displaying his screen full of text messages, as if to prove his point before sliding it back into his pant pocket.

“He could have passed it off to someone else – maybe a paid plant.” Selena reasoned. It wasn’t so hard of a leap. She recalled how Giovanni Aries had hired a plant to pose as an audience member in order to attack her from behind during her Breakdown match with the ‘Spiritual Advisor’ to Holly Adams months ago. “Have someone pose as an elite citizen and then, in the chaos, slips out with the gun.”

“Possibly.” Jean nodded his head. “But we’re thinking that Ryan took the shot. And in a room filled with people, would he really take that risk of being seen?”
The nearby brunette shook her head. “One witness would be more than enough to tarnish his reputation and any chance of becoming mayor.” Zelda surmised, displaying her growing deductions skills that came from years of working/being married to the detective.

“Let’s look at the facts, ladies.” Jean pressed, resting both hands on the top of his cane. “A few weeks ago, Gavin receives a threatening message from our ‘mutual friend’, Killjoy, telling him to abandon running for mayor or be ‘removed’. Now, Gavin ignores the threat and goes anyway, leaving Killjoy little choice but to follow through. But how? Gavin is protected. No one’s allowed in and it’s not like the bastard can waltz in with a gun…”

“But who would suspect Gavin’s own brother?” Selena finished Jean’s sentence, thinking out loud, immediately earning Jean’s attention and a smile from him. Still, the Snow Queen’s mind raced. “But, if we’re right, and Ryan brought the gun in and handed it to Killjoy – who was already in the room…”

“But that would mean…” Zelda’s voice trailed off, her eyes, like those of the other three shifting to one another.

“It would mean that Killjoy was in the gymnasium with us the entire time…” Deanna finished what everyone else was thinking. “And we never suspected…”

The very idea, even if they were wrong, was enough to cause a shiver to grip all of them, Deanna’s hands finding Selena’s to grip them tightly until their knuckles turned white. For Selena, it was infuriating. Again, Killjoy had outplayed them, outsmarted them. Again, he was ten moves ahead! And if he was working WITH Ryan Scythe?

“How can we possibly win?” the question came from Deanna and nearly stole the breath out of Selena’s lungs, because she didn’t have an answer. And as the Snow Queen desperately sought the eyes of Jean and Zelda, she felt her heart break as she saw that same expression of uncertainty. Of not knowing.

“I’m afraid it gets worse…” Jean spoke after a slow breath. “Gavin is contemplating dropping out of the race.”

The statement seemed to suck whatever sound remained between the four of them the instant it was uttered, all eyes on remaining on the older detective as they tried to process such a statement and all that it implied.
“Wha- he can’t!” Deanna remarked slowly in disbelief, without thinking. “If he does, Ryan wins!”

“And if he doesn’t, he very well might die!” Jean countered sternly. “I don’t want him to quit either, but…” he took another slow breath. “We brought him into this. And this was just day one. Day one, Deanna! What will happen if he pulls ahead? What about if he DOES win? What will Killjoy do? He already killed Malcolm! You don’t think he’ll kill Gavin to get Ryan into office on a default?”

Despite herself, Selena found herself agreeing with her old friend, Jean. Since the beginning, Killjoy had shown himself to be a bloodthirsty, desperate monster, willing to do anything to achieve his goals – which were still not entirely clear to any of them. Hell, Selena was still dealing with certain people in SCW – mainly the Brand and Kim Williams – believing that Holly Adams was the ‘rightful World Champion’ due to the events of Body, Heart and Soul – believing that Holly should be the world champion on account of a disqualification, which usually wasn’t how a title was meant to change hands. But Holly was desperate to be world champion and Kim was desperate to cause trouble – so who cared what they had to do to achieve that? And those were wrestlers, not killers like Killjoy!

“And it would be our fault if he did.” Zelda spoke the implication Jean had been making, causing the redhead beside Selena to deflate a little. “All of us.”
“I… I won’t force Gavin to continue.” Jean replied. “Not if he doesn’t want to.”
“Neither will I.” Zelda agreed.

Emerald eyes sought out Selena, Deanna trying to find something – anything, to try and make things better.

“I’m going to talk to him.” Selena finally replied, turning her gaze back to Deanna. “Alone.”
“Oh…” gulping a little, the younger woman nodded her head, releasing Selena’s hands and arm as she did. “Okay.”

Carefully, Jean moved out of the way as Selena approached the door to the next room, but his hand flew out to take Selena’s as the pale hand reached for the door handle. “He’s scared.” The detective whispered to the platinum-blonde. “He doesn’t need the Snow Queen…”

Gazing into his gray eyes, Selena gave a small nod, turning the handle as soon as she felt Jean release her hand. Slipping into the room, sapphire eyes took in as much detail as possible. It was a large room that linked to other rooms throughout the floor. The walls were the same color as the ones in the halls, with the cupboards being a beige-colored wood. The curtains were black and the beds were all white.  

“Hey.”

Gavin’s voice filled Selena’s ears, drawing her attention towards a white-mattress of a bed on her left. Sitting at the end, the young man offered a sad smile to the platinum-blonde. While he was still wearing his dress pants, his suit top and white dress shirt had been removed, leaving him in a white wifebeater. A thick wrap of beige gauze was snugly wrapped around his arm, a bandage over the bullet that had winged him.

“Hey.” Selena offered, along with a sad smile and a tilt of her head. “Does it hurt?”
“Well…” Gavin tried, eyeing the bandage for a second. “It certainly doesn’t tickle.”

To his response, Selena gave an offhanded nod as she made her way towards Gavin, sitting down beside him at the foot of the bed and feeling the mattress shift under her weight. “Crazy day, right?”

“Yeah.” Gavin shook his head. “And by the way! This-“ he pointed to his bandaged arm. “Hurts SO MUCH more than a BB gun.”

Hearing that, Selena lifted her head, turning it quickly towards Gavin. “How would you know that? What? Did you shoot yourself with it?”

To her shock, the young politician made a shrug of his shoulders. “Couple days after I shot you. I felt bad and… I couldn’t outright apologize to you but-“
“You shot yourself with a BB gun because you felt bad?” Selena laughed.

It was such an odd story. Selena had snuck out of the house one night, the (at the time) 13-year-old taking a night-walk during the cool fall-winter night to clear her head, when she had stumbled upon Gavin Scythe and his cronies, using Gavin’s new ‘Daisy air-rife’ to shoot BB pellets at an abandoned dog that had been tied up to a lamp post. Seeing what they were doing, Selena had rushed onto the scene and grabbed the gun. However, in trying to wrestle it away from Gavin, the gun had gone off accidentally (The Snow Queen was old enough now to understand that that had been the case), blasting a BB into Selena’s left shoulder. Of course, the boys, Gavin and co., had high-tailed it immediately, leaving the Snow Queen winded and beyond sore, forcing her to drag herself back to her house before Anastasia caught her and learned what had happened.

Until tonight, the young woman had almost forgotten about it entirely, chalking it up to the plethora of memories she had of Gavin making her childhood and teenage life a living hell. Still, the idea that he had felt bad, even at that age? Now? Of course! He was an adult now. He had grown up, as she had. But back then? Teenage Gavin being remorseful seemed almost possible.

“Why didn’t you just apologize to me?” Selena sighed with a bit of a laugh in her voice.
“And lose my credibility?” Gavin shook his head, ashamed of the answer but choosing honesty. “Me apologizing to the Snow Queen? I wasn’t that mature yet.”

“Oh! So you’re mature now!” Selena teased, nodding her head. “MISTER Gavin Scythe!”
“That’s right.” Gavin nodded. “I haven’t used that air-rifle in years.”
“I had my spot covered with a tattoo.” Selena gestured to her shoulder, tapping the spot where her black snowflake tattoo was.
“Oh, that’s gotta be more painful than a BB.” Gavin remarked.
“It really wasn’t.” Selena shrugged her shoulder. “I mean… I’ve dealt with a HELL of a lot worse.”

“Okay! Most painful thing?” he asked, seemingly needing the distraction.
“Physically?”
“Sure.”

Biting her lower lip, Selena cast her gaze towards the door. There was no window for people to peer into. Checking the other side of the room from where she sat, and seeing no one, she quickly pulled at her hoodie, sliding the back up and over her head, keeping the clothing against her chest and, thus, modestly covered as she showed her bare back. Still, it made Gavin’s eyes go wide.

“See them?” she asked gesturing with her head towards her exposed flesh.

Leaning back a little, Gavin’s eyes went wide as he spied the long scars, like spiderwebs, that ran along the young woman’s back and ribs. “Ahh…” his voice trailed off. “What the hell?’

“Barbed wire whip.” Selena explained. “My best friend and sister gave it to me.”
“Your…what?” Gavin asked, his eyes wide. “Why would she-“
“She wasn’t my friend at the time.” Selena explained, pulling her hoodie back over her head to cover herself. “It hurt more in the days that followed as my back healed.”
“Oh that’s comforting.” Gavin shook his head.
“Least you can use painkillers.” She offered. “I can’t.” she shook her head sadly.

Gavin opened his mouth as if to request an explanation to that, but instead slowly closed his mouth, allowing silence to fill the room for several minutes, the two simply sitting on the bed in contemplation.

“Jean spoke to you.” It wasn’t a question. Gavin already knew the answer.
“He did.” Selena nodded.
“And you’re going to convince me not to?”
“No.” Selena shook her head. “I’m just here because I know…”

A sigh escaped her, her hands in her lap as she gazed at the pale palms. “I know you’re scared.”

A scoff came from the young man, who merely shook his head. “I’m more scared that my brother may be behind this I am of some phantom.” He admitted. “Isn’t that crazy? I know this – Killjoy – exists. I have no reason to doubt you on that. That such a dangerous man is after me now too… And yet, all I can think about is Ryan. That he would purposefully align himself with our father’s killer – I just… I don’t…”

His head dropped into his waiting hands, the poor boy at an absolutely loss, and Selena’s heart went out to him. “This is just… too much…” she heard him admit. “People dying… suffering… and for what?” he turned his head to her, allowing Selena to see the redness in his eyes and the frustration buried deep within him. “At the end of the day, we’re just some pitiful little town in the middle of a winter-desert! What’s the point?!”

Once more, silence greeted them in response because neither Selena nor the wounded Gavin had an answer.

“I…I can’t answer that.” Selena shook her head. “Earlier today, I was…” she exhaled slowly, not wanting to admit to this but she powered through. “During the gathering, I was quietly mocking how small the town was and how little the supposed ‘elite’ were compared to the rest of the world I had seen. They seemed…” she breathed. “So much smaller than when I was stuck here, their problems so much more insignificant now. But…” she shook her head. “All I can think about right now is worrying about you.”

She turned her head back to Gavin, seeing the surprise on his face. “Isn’t that crazy?”
“What about you?” the young man asked.

“Oh, I’m terrified for myself.” Selena laughed, pushing herself off the bed to take a few steps around the room. “I’ve got five women wanting to tear me to shreds to make names for themselves. I’ve got the same madman that took a shot at you wanting me dead and my wife is now wrestling! I’m surprised I still have any hair on my head!” She shot a finger to point at her platinum-blonde locks. “Pretty sure I’ll be bald if one more bad thing happens!”

“You know Tyler, Patrick, Joey and I once contemplated tying you down and shaving your head.” Gavin remarked without thinking, his eyes growing wide as Selena turned to look at him in shock. “None of us wanted to be the one to do it.” He admitted. “Sorry… I was just reminiscing.”

“You were a very sick boy, Gavin.” Selena shook her head. “But…I guess I can be grateful that you didn’t.”
“Why?” he asked.
“Because if you had…” Selena sighed. “I don’t know if we’d be here now as…” her eyes widened as she realized the next word she was about to say. “…as friends.”

Even Gavin’s eyes widened a bit. Sure, they had been friendlier to one another for years, but neither had openly said anything about it. For Gavin, he was too ashamed of his past actions against the Snow Queen to say such a thing and for Selena, it was just sort of weird to contemplate. And yet…there they were.

“That sounds so weird.” Gavin admitted first, a sigh escaping him. “Well, as my friend…” he tried the word. “No, still weird. But as my friend…” he looked up at her, seeing her sapphire eyes staring gently at him. “What should I do?”

Looking away, because she had to, Selena bit into her lower lip. It would be so easy to tell him to stay the course. To tell him to keep to the plan and become the mayor of Nome. For Odin’s sake, it was for her children! GAVIN’S nephew and niece! Even now, every part of her wanted to scream at him to keep going! To fight back! To rise above this and believe that things would get better.

But Gavin wasn’t her. And this was Nome, not SCW.

And seeing him there, so lost…so afraid…

She couldn’t. Even if it was the safest best for her children. She couldn’t willingly endanger him like that. It didn’t matter what he had done to her in the past. It didn’t matter how he had tortured her in their youth. He was a good man. He didn’t deserve to die.

Despite herself, Selena felt her eyes stinging with unshed tears, the Snow Queen angrily swiping at them with her hand before turning her attention over to Gavin. He had features so similar to his father’s, she could almost see Malcolm Scythe.

“Selena?” Gavin asked gently, leaning a little forward onto his knees as she sat on the bed.

“I’m sorry, I….” Selena sighed. “I don’t know what you should do.” She quietly admitted. “I’m…I’m so stupid, Gavin. I would keep fighting. I would keep going. Every challenge, no matter how terrifying, how frightening, even if it’s death – I… I don’t know how to do anything else. I don’t know how to hide anymore. I don’t know how to run anymore. You beat that out of me long ago.”

She could see the sadness and guilt in his eyes at that statement – though the intention was not a vicious one.

“You made me fight back against you.” Selena admitted, a slightly grateful smile on her face. “You made me need to fight back to the point where I couldn’t run away ever again. Against anyone. Not against my step-mother, against your father, against anyone… and SO many times, perhaps I should have. Then maybe, I wouldn’t have these scars.” She gestured to her back. “Maybe I wouldn’t have lost Deanna to two years in prison. Maybe I wouldn’t have lost friends along the way. I…” she gave a sad shrug. “I don’t know.”

“But you would keep fighting.” Gavin observed, ever the politician.

Exhaling slowly and working her lower lip with her teeth, Selena nodded her head. “Did your father ever tell you how Anastasia died?”

“Your stepmother?” he asked, shaking his head. “No. I heard it was an allergic reaction to the medication she received at the hospital – which she wasn’t aware of.”

“Of course.” Selena laughed dryly before returning her attention back to him. “Gavin…don’t hate me for this, but…”
“He killed her, didn’t he?”

Selena’s eyes widened as Gavin interjected, his expression not shifting for an instant. “I…” she tried but could not find the words – as they had just been stolen by the youngest Scythe.

“I always thought it odd that they matched up so well. Your mother dying and father suddenly abandoning his desire to gain custody over Elsianna and David…” he sighed. “I’m not a fool, Selena.”
“I know that!” she tried to assure him but he held up his uninjured hand tiredly, silencing her.

“My father was always a shark. Always going for the kill. One time, he forced an antique store to close shop just because they sold him a faulty clock. It was…an ugly affair.” He laughed sadly at the memory. “I use to love that antique shop. The owner would always have something cool to show me, like a pocket watch or something. It’s where I first saw that Daisy rifle, you know?”

“I…was it Phil’s?” Selena asked with a tilt of her head.
“That’s the one.” Gavin nodded. “Even the smell, a little musty but – it added to the place. Father destroyed it without hesitation. Never saw Phil after that.”

“No…” Selena shook her head. “I heard he died in his home shortly after.”
“That’s what I heard.” Gavin sighed. “I’m sorry, I interrupted you.”

Giving a quiet nod, Selena began pacing the floor. “After her death, I acquired the means to defeat your father and marched right into his office… I was ready to tear him to shreds. Part of me-“ she stopped herself for a second, if only to move past whatever hesitations she had mentally put up in her confession. “Part of me was ready to kill him.”

“I…I don’t blame you for that.” Gavin assured her.

“I wouldn’t have cared if you did.” Selena admitted, a hint of guilt in her voice. “I was just beyond angry. Anastasia and I never got along but she was trying to be a mother to me. Trying to be good – she wanted to get to know my wife. She wanted to get to know our children. But Malcolm took that away from us. And…” a smirk of recollection graced her features, almost recalling it for the first time in so long. “And as I stood there in his office, I didn’t mock him. I didn’t try and break his ego… the first thing I did was ask him ‘Why?’.”

“Why?” Gavin asked, tilting his head to the side, regaining Selena’s gaze.

She gave a nod. “Why did my step-mother have to die all for money and gold? Why did I have to lose the woman that helped make me into The Snow Queen simply for a bigger fortune? Why did Elsianna and David, and now Amiliah, have to grow up not knowing their step-grandmother?” she shook her head. “That’s what I truly wanted to know. More than crushing him. More than winning against him. More than anything, really…”

Quietly, Selena moved back a few steps to stand before Gavin. “Isn’t that what’s killing you, Gavin? Wondering why Killjoy killed him? Why he did this? And why Ryan helped him, if we’re right?”

Slowly, as if in thought, Gavin looked away before slowly nodding his head.

“I can’t tell you what to do, Gavin – I WON’T tell you what to do.” She corrected. “But I will tell you, from someone who knows… Killjoy plans to kill me and destroy me.” That regained Gavin’s attention. “He’s set me on a path that he is sure will do so – something called ‘Project: Black Ice’. And by all accounts, I should just abandon looking for it and for answers… but I can’t…”

“Because I know that if I do, the ‘why?’ will remain. Why is he after me? Why is he so fixated on me? Why is he doing all of this? And if I don’t keep fighting… if I don’t keep trying to live and stop him, those whys will drive me insane, just like yours will too.”

She didn’t know what prompted this, but as she watched Gavin process what she had told him, she saw her arms reach out, drawing the young man into her embrace, holding him gently.

“Whatever you do – we will stand by you.” She swore to him in a whisper.
“Even if I’m too scared to go on?” he asked, earning a nod from the young woman. “Why?”

“Because…” she smiled, keeping him in her embrace. “I never want my children to wonder why they can no longer see their uncle…”

[Image: tetXUW1.gif]

The camera opens up to the T-Mobile Center in Kansas City, the site for what could be the Match of the Year! For the first time in SCW history, a Double Jeopardy match will host not two singles matches leading to a final singles match, but two TRIPLE-THREAT matches! The hype for this pay-per-view has been massive, with some believing the card and build rivals that of last year’s Rise to Greatness!

A simple glance into the empty arena allows the audience to see just how much SCW, itself, believes such statements, as the setup is massive, reminiscent of something you’d actually see at the ‘greatest show of the year’, Rise to Greatness. Even the woman standing in the ring seems awestruck by, her sapphire eyes taking in the displays as she stands in the middle. She is dressed in a black, form fitting body suit, a silver-purple line running from her collar, down both sides of her bust, along her hips down to her boots, which are also black. A collar of similar color lines her collar bone and a matching sash wraps around her lithe frame. The sleeves are baggy until they are cuffed at the forearm with similar designed cuffs as her sash and, lastly, like her usual wrestling attire, two stripes of cloth (these a deep purple) run down her shoulders, hanging from the back.

What stands out due to these colors, however, is the gold metal of the SCW World Championship, which shines a little in the arctic blue and white lights. Make no mistake, as Selena Frost stands in the ring, she looks not only every inch the SCW World Champion, but also aware of the majesty of tonight.

How is this possible? she asks, a smile gracing her features as her eyes trace across the gorgeous arena designs surrounding her. How can I feel the same nervousness and excitement that I felt months ago? How has SCW – you, the True Believers – managed to make me feel like… like I’m back at Rise to Greatness again, about to do something so unbelievable?

Turning her head to gaze at the camera, the Face of SCW offers a genuine smile, her eyes a little teary. What other word can I use for such a night? For such a spine-tingling feeling? Here we have the largest ‘Double Jeopardy’ match in SCW history! Six combatants – all women – fighting for the greatest prize in this industry! Making history! How can I… biting her lower lip, she gives a shake of her head. No other word will do but ‘unbelievable’.

She gives one more shake of her head to refocus herself. And let’s be clear. This isn’t for me. This isn’t for Autumn. It’s not for Kandis. It’s not for Brittany. Sure as hell isn’t for Holly Adams or Kimberly – this is all for you. she gestures towards the camera, to the audience she knows is watching.

Because this – this hype? This majesty? This is part of what you deserve! This is part of what the SCW World title deserves! The stakes! The hype! The grandness of it all! This is what has been missing for so long, coming by once in awhile, but quickly being snuffed out by those that THINK this is all for them, and THIS… she holds up the SCW championship a little. Is all about them – and trust me, they know who they are!

A smirk appears on her features. In fact, I’ll tell you who currently thinks it’s all about them – scratch that. I’ll tell you who is the LOUDEST in WANTING it to be all about them and that’s you, Kimberly!

Standing in the middle of the ring, Selena stares right into the camera. Now, I want you to take a good look at me and see my lips moving, cause I don’t want you to think that I stole the cardboard cut-out you probably stole from Holly Adams’ studio set…

This is me talking to you because you’re the person that I so desperately want to knock out first in all of this. And if I have my way, I’ll get to do that because I’ve got to beat you and Autumn Valentine to stay the SCW World champion in match one.

The Snow Queen takes a pause, letting the weight of match one settle from her words. You’ve said a lot of crap about me, Kimberly. A lot of crap about this title and what it means, and most of it, yeah, I can shrug off. You want to call me a fraud? Go ahead, at least 80% of the other women in this match have in the past. You want to say I’ve failed in bringing integrity to this title? In two cases, sure, that’s hardly shocking news when you’ve got people, including you, running in trying to screw me out of the title for their own sake.

But…
she smiles knowingly, holding up a finger to the camera, pointing at it. But if you want to talk about egos? Well…

Dropping the title to the mat, Selena suddenly, and very gracefully, performs a deep curtsy, lowering herself until she has reached the mat. Just as gracefully, ‘bowing to the master’ as it were, Selena raises to her feet, lifting the SCW world title back onto her shoulder.

’Queen of the Deathmatch’. Let’s talk about that. Let’s talk about you declaring such a name after only 24 days as Underground champion. I mean, Jake Starr won the Underground title once and declared himself the “Lord of the Underground” before losing it but at least he lasted 52 days – you didn’t last half of that, did you? But you’re the Queen of the Deathmatch? Yet you say I have an ego?

Let’s talk a bit more about ‘ego’, Kim. Let’s talk about you whining that a guy that’s been involved with SCW on and off for over a decade – a guy like Justin Davis, who held the Underground and the Tag titles – isn’t ‘worthy’ to challenge for that same Underground title, right? Let’s talk about how you claim to ‘not need a title’ but then what the hell has this WHOLE thing been about for you? That you’re not getting the title you want?

Or better yet, rather than talk about that – let’s talk about how you think you’re so damn good, so damn better than everyone and everything that you can ‘erase’ the history of SCW and the world championship.
Immediately, Selena’s amusement at Kimberly’s hypocritical statements morphs into a cold glare.

Yeah – way to change it up there, Kim. First, you copied the brats of the past that wouldn’t stop crying about ‘being held back’ and ‘demanding things be handed to them’, now you’re trying to ‘restore the world title’? ‘Be a better class of champion’, huh?

Let me ask you, Kimberly. What kind of champion runs from a challenge? What kind of champion kidnaps innocent people? What kind of champion swears to bury the very championship she wants to ‘restore’? What kind of champion sees themselves as so damn good that they are capable of such a thing?
she gives a stern tilt of her head.

I want to tell you a little story, Kimberly. Couple years ago, there was a guy, you probably know him – you spend enough time using his insults and following him on Twitter, his name was Giovanni Aries. Now Gio, he thought that he could win a title and then break it up into tiny little pieces and throw those pieces into the audience. He thought that, by doing that, he had destroyed the championship he had won. Destroyed all that that championship was to SCW and to the SCW Universe.

A knowing smile flashes across her face. You want to know what happened, Kimberly? SCW got another belt the very next show. And soon after, almost immediately, Giovanni was beaten for that title and it was like what he did? Never happened. Nothing more than a stitch in the history of that championship. Cause last I checked, the United States title is being contested tonight, too, isn’t it? The Snow Queen gives a shrug as she begins to pace around the inside of the ring.

And if you dig further back? There have been countless people that have stolen, robbed, broken, modified, and who knows what else to the titles of SCW. Some have faded into their rightful place in the SCW Hall of Fame, but others – the ones the SCW Universe most reveres? They have survived. They have lived on. They have maintained their history.

See, Kimberly, you think that by destroying a belt, that you can destroy that history.

Sapphire eyes turn to gaze at the title on Selena’s shoulder. But a belt can be replaced. A belt can be repaired. A belt can be changed…

What isn’t so easy to destroy Kimberly? Is what the belt represents. What the belt represents in the minds and hearts of SCW. Its roster, who fight like hell to hold it, and its fans, who believe in it and what it should be about. The memories they have of their favorite championship matches – yeah, there have been some bad ones, no one will deny that, but there have been some great ones too. Matches that live on as favourites in the minds and hearts of the True Believers and critics alike.

Turning her head back to the camera, Selena’s glare is once again cold. And Kimberly – you are NOT good enough to take all that away. You are NOT good enough to erase all of that from existence. You are NOT good enough to destroy that love and faith and belief that this title can represent such things! she holds the title out for a moment before placing it down at her feet.

Because nobody is bigger than SCW. NOBODY, not you, not me, not Autumn, not Brittany, not Kandis, not Holly. No one is bigger than SCW and the SCW Universe!

Passionately, Selena places her hand over her heart. It is a universe I believe in, Kimberly, and I’ve not been shy about that, which is why I was surprised that you gave us that history lesson about the world title as if I’ve never talked about it for the past year.

A little surprised, Selena shakes her head. I mean, have you been paying attention the past year, Kim? Or were you too busy chasing lizards and switching with your sister to notice anything outside your little ‘playhouse’? Carefully, the world champion picks up her title.

About a year ago, I decided to re-enter the World title picture and, trust me, that wasn’t because I needed the accolades boost. I didn’t do it to pad my resume or get the spotlight or make it all about me like Autumn and Holly have done. And it wasn’t because I didn’t know what was going on with the world title, Kimberly. I did it because I SAW exactly what was happening with the SCW world title – to its standard.

It was because I was THERE when Syren manipulated her way to another reign. I was there when people made impossible matches against the world champion for shits and giggles or for their own ego – go ask Sienna Swann and how she used a Trios Contract if you don’t believe me. I was THERE when people hid behind injuries or excuses to prolong their reigns. I was there when people tried to steal the championship. For four years, Kimberly, I was there – and you know what? After four years, I got tired of seeing it and just ‘being there’.

You want to talk about The AC Unit disgracing the world title? Who was it that stopped them, Kimberly? Was it you? Was it Marie pretending to be you? Was it Holly riding the wagon and milking it for all it was worth?

How bout when Lexy Chapel tried to buy the world champion into her ranks for RTG? Who said “No! That’s not how this will be?”. Was it you? Was it Autumn telling Lexy not to?

How about fighting with this title on the line with no excuses or tricks, like you promise to do tonight. Who’s been trying to do that for the past near year? Was it you? Was it Holly sending Cid and Cookie and GiGi to try and save her? Was it Kandis needing Tommy and needing to attack opponents backstage to get an edge? Was it Brittany chasing people with a barbed-wire bat?

Slowly, Selena shakes her head. I didn’t fight my way to become world champion because I didn’t see the problems with the history of the world title and its standard. I became the world champion BECAUSE I was aware of them, Kimberly. But unlike you, I believed that the standard could change. I believed that the belt could stand for more than just interferences, ambushes, and controversy. I believed that this title could, once again, define what Supreme Championship Wrestling truly means.

But you? You want to try and hit the ‘restart’ button because things are ‘too far gone’? You just want to ‘start over’ because it’s ‘too hard’ to undo what’s been done? You know what that makes you, Kimberly? That makes you a coward. A coward too scared to fight so daunting of a fight. A coward that would rather take the easy way out and just call it something ‘superior’, ‘Queen of the Deathmatch’.

With a scoff and a shake of her head, Selena stands against the ropes. And don’t worry, Kimberly, it’s not like you’re the only one. Hell, you said it, Holly still claims that she deserves the world title through a damn disqualification. Not because she pinned me or made me submit but because you tried to hand her the title on a silver platter and failed. You’re just the same as her, Kimberly, you want it handed to you – the Underground title, the history of the world title, the accolades, the prestige, to be seen as a ‘new class of champion’, and you’re just too much of coward to fight your way to it.

Looking down for a moment, Selena collects her thoughts. And THAT is the major problem that still persists in this federation. That, at the end of the day, so few people care about ‘how’ they get this! They just want this! People like Kandis that have admitted that they will do “anything” to get what they want, from backstage attacks to sleeping with officials like she did in Emerge – yeah, we all say that Tweet from 2018. Awfully proud, weren’t you?

People like Holly that launched an investigation into a man’s financial records and edited footage just to weasel her way into a third title shot after trying to cheat her way to the world title. A woman that will whine and cry that she should have won the match by DQ, as if THAT’S good enough to be the World Champion here!

People like Autumn, who are just as entitled as Holly is but, while they have the talent, will settle for the quick and easy way to get something. Who has, over the last near decade, sold out her morals and ethics over and over again the second it benefits her to do so.

People like Brittany Lohan, who will forge pacts and alliances with anyone to get what she wants – be it money or titles.

Taking a deep breath, Selena once more gazes at the world title, almost lost in it. At the end of the day, you guys simply want to ‘be SCW World Champion’, and don’t give a damn about the ‘how’ or representing ‘integrity’ or the standard that this belt SHOULD stand for. That the SCW Universe WANT it to stand for! You want to hold this and ‘be the world champion’…

She turned her head back to the camera. And yes, that was good enough many times in this belt’s history – but that isn’t what is driving me. It’s not what has been driving me for nearly a year.

I never wanted to simply be the world champion. I wanted to be a GREAT world champion.

I wanted to fight that fight Kimberly is too afraid to fight. I wanted to fight that fight to restore integrity to the world title. I wanted to be the one to take that challenge on and, rather than be haunted by this title’s past, use it as motivation to give it a better future.

Lowering the title down to her side, the platinum-blonde gives a shrug. And I know many of you won’t like that. Many of you don’t like me – odds are all of you don’t. But deep in every one of your hearts, you know that I’ve never wavered from that goal.

I have fought each and every one of you in my career, and I’ve BEATEN each and every one of you in my career. So all of you, from Kandis to Kimberly, know what I am capable of, what I am willing to endure to fight for what I believe in and the standard that I represent that I am telling you to reach to have a chance against me!

Because what I believe in is SCW, the SCW Universe, and the integrity of the SCW World Championship.

What I believe in is trying to be a GREAT champion:

A champion that doesn’t rely on ‘doing anything’ to hold this belt.
A champion that doesn’t need ‘special rules’ or ‘handicaps’ to win this title.
A champion that doesn’t make excuses or ‘conspiracies’ when they come up short.
A champion that doesn’t think they are bigger than this belt or bigger than SCW, but a part of it.

Taking a deep breath, Selena’s eyes scan the empty seats in the arena as she turns in a slow circle. That is why this match is that much more important to me. Why it’s so much more important to them… she gestures to the empty seats with her free hand. Because they deserve this. They deserve to see an undisputed, undeniable, unbelievable World Champion. Not one put on a pedestal like Holly wants and Autumn and Lexy want. Not someone that wants to bury it in their own bitterness like Kimberly does, but someone that is there, in the trenches with all of the SCW fans, fighting with them, believing with them that this belt – the standard of it – can be so much more than some of its bad history. A standard that defines it rather than the belt itself.

Stopping her spin, the world champion stands, once more, in the middle of the ring. Tonight, ladies, you all will fight for the exact same thing – ideologies and methods be damned. I will not. I will be fighting for much, much more. And, just like I have in the tournaments that came to this pay-per-view, to the chamber matches that shaped this company, just like I have this past year, I will fight and claw my way past everyone in my way to ensure that that standard survives tonight. To make sure this title is not buried in the ground, stolen by a stable, or mired in controversy, but becomes exactly what it should be – represents exactly what it should.

The greatest wrestler in professional wrestling.
The standard of supreme championship wrestling.
The World Champion of S-C-W.

Believe it, ladies. Because this… she holds out the title to the camera. Them… she gestures with the belt towards the audience seats. They deserve nothing less.

The shot ends on Selena raising the title above her head before fading entirely to black.
[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
SCW Television Champion

[Image: Gy34S3v.png]

[Image: OjZwbEI.png]
RECORD
69 - 21 - 5

2021 Stable of the Year - A/C Blondetourage Unit (w/ Cidnay Turner and Asher Hayes)
1x SCW Adrenaline Champion (July 24th, 2021 - November 7th, 2021) (106 Days)
Inaugural Majestic Women's Valkyrie Champion (May 31st, 2009)
1x Majestic Women's Valkyrie Champion (May 31st - August 29th, 2009) (90 Days)
2x SCW 24/7 HardCore Champion (June 18th - August, 2011) (70+ Days)

[Image: TcU8wKN.png]
Well, it's Pay Per View time, and you know what that means? A GIANT RP!!

Actually... it doesn't. I didn't want to fill an RP with tons of stuff just for the sake of it. So I took an "all killer, no filler" approach to this PPV.  I don't think it's gonna work, but what the hell. Worth a try, right?

Enjoy.

Life in Seasons
Book Two, Chapter Fifty-Eight
[Image: autumn.png]