Tommy Valentine vs. Selena Frost
Tommy Valentine vs. Selena Frost
SCW World Championship

2 RP Limit
Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Monday, May 2, 2022
OOC: Good luck mate! An unexpected match for us both I can imagine, but a pleasure as always!

"Paranoia"
[Image: jeNZaGV.png]

SCW Achievements

SCW Television Champion (x3)
SCW Tag Team Champion /w Kandis (x4)
SCW Tag Team Champion /w David Helms (x2)
SCW Tag Team Champion /w Jake Starr (x1)
SCW United States Champion (x1)
SCW Underground Champion (x2)
SCW World Heavyweight Champion (x1)
A Founding Member Of "The Connection"
A Founding Member Of "The Next Level"
Ranked 7th in the 2009 Taking Hold Of The Flame Battle Royal
Conquered The Thunderdome...and CHBK
OOC: The following contains scene(s) that may be disturbing for some readers. The events do not reflect the handler’s opinion/beliefs. CD occurs on dates indicated, promo airs on the 25th. Posted in two parts due to length. Enjoy!

Project: Black Ice

”The Lesser of Two Evils”

The Wrestling Universe Store – Queens Store
Flushing, New York
April 18, 2022
1:14pm

Selena smiled as she signed her twentieth poster so far. Or was it the thirtieth poster? She thought, reaching down under the table to hide her stretching out the growing cramp in her hand. She refused to complain or show any sign of discomfort. 

It was her decision to be here. Scratch that – this whole event was her idea – so she really had no one to blame but herself for it.

As she pushed herself out of her hard-plastic chair, adjusted the maroon, long-sleeved shirt she wore, and fixed her hair into its shorter version of her ‘iconic braid’, the tall woman then moved around the small table she sat in at the request of the current fan she was speaking with – a young girl in a very pink shirt and green shorts – in order to pose for a requested photo. As she did, the Snow Queen’s eyes (immediately after the shot was taken) flew to the clock to inspect the time. 

She only had 45 minutes left.

What is taking him so long? she thought bitterly, though hid it behind a bright smile as she spoke with the ever-grateful fan. She had, so far, met a myriad of fans from the SCW Universe – True Believers, to be sure, ranging in age from children to adults – from new fans to old – from fellow New Yorkers to tourists that were just in the city by coincidence. She had spoken to people of various backgrounds and groups, of which she was beyond delighted to see several people of the LGBTQA+ community – hearing their stories of how she ‘inspired them’ always warmed her heart, as did sharing her own struggles in ‘coming out’ throughout her career. Of course, her interaction with the children-fans would remain her favourite – she smiled to herself at the memory of some of the kids that had visited her, some even wanting big hugs – the kind you put some sound into while you hug. Like a hum! - like she was one of those meet-and-greet costumed characters in Times Square!

Of course, it was not all sunshine and roses. Several fans, more than she could count, had asked her about “Hollywood of the South”, specifically if she was going to have a match or not – and more specifically, who she was going to face in a world title defence. Sadly, said world champion had had to face every fan that asked with a somber look and earnestly apologize to them, telling them that she honestly didn’t know and that she hoped with all of her being that SCW would find her an opponent worthy, not of ‘facing Selena Frost’, but worthy of fighting for the world championship.

Not that that could possibly be enough to quell their desire to know – or anyone’s for that matter. The rumor mill had run wild, exploding the second Kandis’ injury had been announced on last week’s episode of Breakdown – the former number one contender no longer able to compete in her match with Selena at Hollywood in the South due to an unforeseen training accident… though Selena partially believed the ‘training’ in question was perhaps more of an ‘intimate nature’, which wasn’t that hard to believe considering all the bragging Kandis and Tommy did about their sex-life. Regardless, the fans were abuzz, sharing theories across social media over who would be the ‘next contender’. A number of ideas had been thrown around, from her being thrown into the Syren/Ace Marshall match and making it a triple threat, to her being the fourth member on Asher’s team in the Tactial Warfare match instead, to individual names challenging her like Giovanni Aries (because of that one win he never shut up about) to Kandis’ fiancée Tommy Valentine (the connection there was pretty obvious) to even people speculating someone ‘cashing in’ their Trios contract like Gavin Taylor or a suddenly returning Xander Valentine!

Oh gods… THAT would be a ‘fun-filled’ night. Selena huffed a little, good-naturedly, at the very thought of SCW’s Executioner making a surprise return, fully recovered, just to fight her. I would be SO beyond sore the morning after if that happened…

None of the theories bothered her too much – they WERE rumors after all – save for one. A few times, more than she cared to admit, she had heard the rumor of SCW simply sending a ‘jobber’ or ‘low-card talent’ to face her, an echo to Ace Marshall’s recent tweets about Selena being ‘protected by management’ or something. Out of all the rumors she had heard, that particular one was the LAST one she wanted to happen. She didn’t want some pushover competitor that wouldn’t last in the ring with her. What would that do for the integrity of the title? What would that prove in all she was trying to do for SCW and the world title? She was TRYING to bring competition – fair and talented competition – back to SCW! She was trying to NOT make it about ‘easy wins’ and ‘tainted victories’! Facing someone that couldn’t compete with her or on her level was a slap in the face of all of that, and she refused to believe that Shaun or anyone in SCW management would even contemplate such a thing for her!

Still, for all the theories she had heard across social media, Selena was as much in the dark as anyone else. Did it bother her that she didn’t know who she was going to face? Yes and no. Yes because… well, she had WANTED to face Kandis. The woman had fought many battles against Selena and yet… they had never fought one on one. Never truly brawled over who was the better woman. They had come close at Retribution but due to Holly Adams, that was not meant to be. So, when the powerhouse of a woman had made her claim for the world title again following Selena’s retaining in Double Jeopardy, the Snow Queen had all but jumped at the chance, hoping that Shaun Cruze and management would give Kandis the shot (even quietly voicing her endorsement to Shaun, though refusing to ‘force anything’). 

But again, as with Retribution, fate had intervened. So, yes, she was bothered a little that she didn’t know yet who she was going to face. How the hell could she possibly know that the person would be as good a choice as Kandis? Granted, many of the names she had heard were deserving of a world title shot, but she was sick of having to deal with The Brand and their refusal to just give her a fair, clean match. She was sick of dealing with controversy and tainted wins and someone ALWAYS getting involved in her matches or trying to use a weapon or anything BUT actually try to be better than her. Her matches with Cid Turner (oddly enough) and Glory Braddock, THOSE had been worthwhile matches – matches she was beyond proud of. And she had done all she could to make sure her last match with Holly Adams had followed a similar suit. 

But she had been certain Kandis, for all the woman’s bad-mouthing and whatever, wanted to give a clean match to Selena. The woman had all but said so in her Retribution promo. She WANTED to beat Selena one-on-one. She WANTED to prove she was better than the Snow Queen on her own skill and that exhilarated Selena. Excited her even! But that had been taken away and now…

What if she got a member of the Brand again… like Holly? There was no way in hell she would get a fair match from any of them! The same could be said of Ace Marshall! When had that bastard EVER opted for a fair, decent match over having Lexy or Hodges or Cassidy Carter or whoever else was on his side interfere?! Syren? Absolutely, but that was one person! SCW wasn’t going to pick her and leave Ace out to dry, not without getting an earful and a headache from that loudmouth or Lexy. 

She had lost track of how many hours she had spent racking her brain over such possible substitutes – both hopeful and ‘probablys’. She had even called Shaun’s office in a moment of weakness, but hung up before leaving a message, not wanting to sound like a whiny, prying, insecure champion. She needed to be patient, even if she disappointed her fans today by not knowing the answer. Eventually, she would know who she was facing and…soon as she did, she was going to do all she could to make sure the match was as big as hers with Kandis could have been.

Bigger! she thought bluntly, though she really had no idea how.

Being in the store had helped distract her mind as she awaited the announcement from management. She had been here since eleven that morning, meeting fans, posing for pictures, signing posters, DVDs, action figures – someone had even come in with a DVD of her film ‘Polaris’, asking for it to be signed, which had surprised the hell out of her and Deanna.

Speaking of which… Selena mused as she turned her head a bit down the halls as far as she could, but saw no sign of the redhead right away, only comics on the shelves as far as the eye could see. The store – called appropriately ‘The Wrestling Universe Store’ – was a small-sized one, crammed between a barber shop and a diner of some kind on the busy street in Flushing – a mere 50 or so minutes away from her Manhattan home. If it could be further defined, Selena would have to say it was a wrestling fan’s and/or a comic book fan’s dream come true – like something out of the World Hazard Fair but much smaller. Everywhere her head turned, there were comic books and action figures – some she recognized like Batgirl and The Flash – and others she didn’t. Part of her wished she had brought her son, David, with her.

He would have lost his mind seeing this… she thought with a smile, promising to return at some point just so he could visit. 

Just as abundant was the SCW wrestling merchandise that filled several of the shelves. Recent and vintage items came across her vision – some that were clearly made while CHBK and Jason Wheeler were in their prime, if the outfits and logos of SCW on the boxes were anything to go by. She wasn’t entirely sure what an ‘XIC title’ was or had been in SCW, but it looked rather interesting. Maybe she would research it later if she had the time…

For a moment, having a bit of a break from the lineup of fans that had come and gone, Selena reached over to pluck up one of the SCW DVDs from the lineup that stood before her. It was, of course, last year’s Rise to Greatness and it had her face on it, prominently displayed as the SCW World Champion. Turning it over, the Snow Queen spied another image of herself (one of many crammed onto the back art) as she was holding up the World title with Deanna standing beside her, the Snow Queen’s arm wrapped lovingly around her wife’s waist. Unable to help herself as she gazed at the memory, a smile grew across her features, the platinum-blonde even biting on her lower lip a little as she felt a tear or two prick the back of her eyes.

“That was a good day.” The voice came from behind her, almost startling her. She barely had enough time to turn her head as a headful of red hair rested on her shoulder, emerald eyes also gazing at the DVD back cover. “A super good day!” Deanna added with a smile, a finger of hers reaching out to trace along the image of the two of them.

“Hard to believe it’s almost been a year.” Selena remarked with a half-sigh, her own finger reaching out to trail up and down Deanna’s. “It’s all gone by so fast. And…” Curling her finger around Deanna’s, the older Frost crept her hand further along until she was holding Deanna’s entire hand, bringing it up to her lips to kiss the top of it gently, hearing a quiet hum of content from her beloved. Placing the DVD back on the shelf with her free hand, Selena turned to her wife, her eyes taking in the red-hair, dark green sweater and blue jeans (like her own). Her beloved looked both adorable and sexy at the same time to the older Frost, causing Selena to smile at her. “It’s been almost a year since you came back to me…. Fully, I mean…”  she stammered a little at the last part. “I mean…”

The redhead smiled at her wife’s fumbling. “I know what you mean, minx.” She whispered with a tilt of her head, using her pet-name for Selena. It had been almost a year since Deanna had been free of all charges that had cost her nearly two years in Frankfurt Prison III. In what was one of the happiest moments of their lives, the Frost wives had both felt their hearts nearly stop as the magistrate had proclaimed Deanna free to go and return to her life with Selena – no longer guilty of any crime. 

“Still…” Deanna sighed, moving away from Selena and around the small corner of the store that had been reserved for their ‘meet-and-greet’ to plop herself on the somewhat sturdy table. “It also was the time Killjoy made his presence known.”

And just like that, like a bucket of cold water being splashed down on everything, the reality of their situation hit, causing Selena’s sapphire eyes to shift up towards the large, makeshift banner she, Deanna and their children had made that hung above them. It had her and Deanna’s picture on it, with the words “Meet SCW’s House of Frost: SCW World Champion Selena Frost and ‘The Queen’s Guard’ Deanna Frost. All proceeds go to the ‘Buzzkill: Help for Alcoholics Charity’.” With the word ‘Buzzkill’ in a rather cute design of ‘electricity-charged’ – David’s idea and Elsianna’s steady hand. 

“Does that charity even exist?” Deanna asked, having read the banner, pointing up to it, and then casting her gaze back to the platinum-blonde. Quickly checking to see if any new fans had approached (thankfully, none had yet), Selena quietly moved around to the table to sit back in her chair, giving a quick shake of her head.

“I plan on donating the proceeds to an actual charity when this is over.” She whispered. “But I needed something to get his attention. Something a little less subtle than ‘Hey! I wanna talk!’.”

“He IS hard to find on Facebook.” Deanna shook her head with a shrug of her shoulders, trying at some form of humor before turning her gaze back to Selena. “You sure he’s gonna get it? I mean… yeah, it’s another word for it – Buzzkill. But it’s a bit of a stretch.”

“I only had a week to put this together.” Selena shrugged, slightly annoyed. “I did what I could.”

The redhead gave a nod, keeping silent for a few seconds before turning her attention back to Selena. “I know but… Are you sure you want to deal with him?” she asked, her eyes filled with concern. “I can’t…” she sighed, her eyes spying a few fans entering the store and pointing to the couple as they sat in the far corner. “I can’t imagine any part of this going well… and I’m…” she added with a whisper, her voice trailing off.

Before she could finish, a pale hand reached out to take one of hers again, Selena squeezing it affectionately. “I am too, Deanna. But we don’t have a choice.” She whispered before smiling at the fans as they began to approach the couple.

We’re almost out of time…

One week ago
Frost Forever Home
Manhattan, New York
April 11th, 2022
8:33pm

“Selena?!” 

Hearing her name, Selena’s head jerked up just in time to see Deanna rushing into the room of her office inside their Manhattan ‘Forever Home’. Quickly, the shorter Frost closed the large door to the office, effectively ‘sealing’ them both inside before turning around to face her wife with a huff. “Am I late?”

“No.” smiled Selena amusingly, even giving a tilt of her head. “Talia hasn’t sent the invite yet. You sure you want to be here for this?” her voice altered slightly, the concern evident in her new tone.

“Of course, I want to be here!” Deanna declared as she half-skipped her away across the room filled with books, going around the large, dark wooden desk to where Selena sat in the large ‘throne chair’ of sorts. “They’re all my family too, you know.” She added as she made herself at home in Selena’s lap. Like Selena, the redhead was dressed in her sleeping gown, though Selena’s was her usual dark-magenta while Deanna’s was a dark green with brown and red accents. 

The casualness of their attires was simple. They were going to receive a video call from Jean, Gavin, Zoe and Talia in Nome, Alaska. While any professional calls warranted professional attire, the Frost wives felt comfortable being in their gowns when it came to the odd group of people that had become their ‘family’, of sorts. Plus, the two women had every intention, soon as this video call was over, on going to bed to get some early rest. They had another long day of training ahead of them. Their match against The Brand – being Cid Turner and Giovanni Aries this time – was in a few days and with The Connection using their own tag-match last week to send a message to Selena, specifically showcasing the brutality of not only Kandis but Tommy Valentine and the lengths the Connection would go to ‘prove their point’, Deanna and Selena earnestly wanted to return the gesture in kind with a message of their own.

Tommy and Kandis had chosen to forsake their match against the tag-team champions in favour of simply hurting them… because they could? Was that the reason? Deanna wasn’t sure and Selena had merely shook her head at the sight. What were they proving? That they cared more about hurting people rather than proving themselves? That beating your opponent into the ground was better than winning a match or suffering a loss fair and square? 

Yeah, both Deanna and Selena definitely wanted to respond this coming Breakdown in their own way. If The Connection wanted to show that ‘dominance’ was all that mattered, then The House of Frost – what they had affectionately named their team – would be about passion and integrity. If Kandis wanted to showcase brutality, Selena and Deanna would showcase their hearts, their desire to keep fighting for the good of SCW. If Tommy wanted to show how ruthless he was or how brutal he could be in support of Kandis, well Selena would show how driven she could be – how she could be knocked down and keep fighting. How she refused to quit. 

It was a tall order, being good enough to beat The Brand with their own inexperience as a tag-team, but if it meant furthering their goal in restoring integrity as the norm for SCW and throwing it back in The Connection’s face? Selena and Deanna were willing to try it!

“Are the children in bed?” Selena asked, her hand reaching up to twirl a lock of Deanna’s dark-red hair in-between her fingers. 
“Mhmmm. Amiliah is and David was heading up there with Gerda.” Deanna answered. “I said goodnight to them both.”
“What about Elsianna?” Selena asked, referring to their eldest daughter.
“She’s finishing watching a documentary on Animal Planet.” The redhead replied. “She promised that as soon as it was done, she’d head right to bed.”

The Snow Queen gave a nod, absentmindedly continuing to twirl her wife’s hair with her fingers. 

“You think they’ll have good news?” Deanna asked, watching her wife’s ministrations.
“Honestly?” Selena asked, releasing her wife’s hair to gaze up at her. “I doubt it.”
“Oh come on!” Deanna tried. “Gavin’s back in the race! I’m sure he’s turned things around.”

“If this were some high-school debate or an argument with a single person, then I would agree.” Selena remarked, releasing a sigh. “But he’s only been back for a week and he’s lost a lot of headway in the time he was here.”

“That isn’t his fault-“

“I know it isn’t, Deanna.” Selena interjected gently but sternly. “He needed to be here. To be safe after what happened. But that doesn’t erase the fact that his absence was exactly what Killjoy wanted and what Ryan needed. So, we…” she paused to choose her next words carefully. “So, we shouldn’t hold our breath on good news right away.”

“But the elections is- what? A month and some away?”
“I know.” Another sigh came from the platinum-blonde. “Let’s just hope this session gets us some-“

The chime on Selena’s computer went off, indicating that she had received an email. Clicking on it, the screen, which had a lovely picture of the Snow Queen, Deanna, their children and their dog, Oberon, in the park last year as wallpaper changed to the Gmail account she had, indicating the email invite onto zoom. Her mouse icon hovered over the link, but she hesitated in pressing it, sapphire eyes turning a little to scan the lithe body sitting comfortably in her lap.

“Deanna.” She slowly spoke.
“Hmmm?” The redhead turned her gaze back onto Selena, shaking her head a little to clear some of the locks of red from her vision.
“As much as I love you being in my lap…” Selena tried. “I think…”
“Oh come on!” Deanna pouted. “They’re not going to care.”
“Even so, I rather we try and make this as focused as possible.”
“Oh, so I distract you?”
Selena rolled her eyes. “Yes, but not in this case. I mean that I think it would help things if you weren’t sitting in my lap like this.”

With a huff, Deanna hopped off her wife’s lap, walking the short distance to the nearest side of the room to pull out a smaller chair, bringing it to Selena’s side to allow the younger woman to sit beside her wife. “Better?” She asked with a somewhat playful glare.

“I’m sure they’ll appreciate it.” Selena smiled as she clicked the link. A few moments passed as the Zoom call loaded, connecting the various participants once Selena had confirmed the webcam and microphone settings. A few moments later and the Frost wives were staring at the patient faces of Jean Black and Zelda Evers-Black on one screen, Gavin Scythe on another, and Talia Scythe on a third (with their own faces taking up a fourth screen).

“Hey guys!” Deanna smiled brightly with a wave, immediately trying to set the mood. It was enough to earn a little laugh from Gavin and a smile from both Talia and Zelda.

“Someone’s had their morning coffee.” Jean remarked in his dry, accented humor.
“I remind you that it’s nearly nine pm here, Jean.” Selena remarked. “And Deanna and I have every intention on getting some much needed sleep when this is over.”

“So please don’t keep us up all night.” Deanna begged.
Without anyone noticing, Selena muted her microphone. “That’s my job…” she said under her breath, unmuting the microphone before Deanna could reply, though her expression clearly showed that she heard her wife – her mouth agape.

“What?” Zelda asked. “Deanna is making a face.”
“Selena just said something dirty.” Deanna teased.
“No idea what you’re talking about.” Selena remarked offhandedly. “Anyone else hear me say something?”
“No, but we all saw your microphone go mute for about three seconds.” Talia shot back, a smirk on her face.
“Great. Your word against mine. See you all in court if you don’t believe me.” Selena shrugged.

“Back to the matter at hand.” Pressed Jean, ever the serious buzzkill.
“Right!” Deanna tried. “Gavin! How’s it looking? You winning the hearts of the millions?”
“Nome doesn’t have millions.” Selena stated, her voice softer but still able to be heard.
“Hundreds of Thou-“ Selena shook her head at Deanna’s words, silencing the redhead. “Tens of?” Another shake of Selena’s head. “No?” A third shake came from Selena’s head. “How many?”

“Just shy of 4000.”

“THAT’S IT?!” Deanna’s jaw dropped, her eyes scanning the serious faces of all five Nome inhabitants (present and former). “Holy cats… Mechanicville has a higher population than that…”

“What’s Mechanicville?” Zelda asked.
“Smallest city in New York.” Selena remarked. “We’ve passed through it several times on the bus. It’s one of those ‘you could pass it on the highway in minutes’ kind of thing.” 
“And they have a population of 5000!” Deanna huffed. “Wow… all this hassle and crap for a town with less people than Mechanicville….”

The way the redhead spoke, it sort of put so much into perspective, and made it much more depressing. The reality that everything they were working towards, all that their group had suffered and would have to suffer through if they failed… all for a mayorship of a town with less than 4000 people – an amount that you could fit in a CORNER of any SCW arena…

“Anyone else just get really depressed?” Deanna asked, causing everyone else, including Selena to raise their hands unanimously.

“So…what’s the news, Gavin?” Selena asked directly, trying move on from the current discussion. She watched the youngest son of Malcolm Scythe sigh a little loudly before reaching up and pinching the space between his eyes with his fingers – a gesture she had often seen in Malcolm.

“In short? Not good.” The young man shook his head, adjusting the brown-rimmed glasses he wore. “Ryan used the whole shooting at the community center to turn his campaign into some crusade. He’s told everyone that he believes the shooter is the same person who murdered father.”
“He is.” Deanna remarked without thinking, shrugging her shoulders.
“Right. We know that.” Gavin sighed. “But he’s using it to push more people to his side. Now, people are talking about a ‘madman killer’ being in Nome. They’re terrified and Ryan has them believing that he is the only person that can save them. The poll numbers… they’re so one-sided.” The poor man sounded so… defeated.

“With most people saying as much as to their reasoning.” Jean finished Gavin’s report. “It’s fear-mongering.” He added with disgust.
“Well…can’t we convince them that he can’t?” Deanna tried.
“Under what pretenses?” Talia laughed bitterly. “He’s got every person of power wrapped around his finger. They all think that if someone like Malcolm could get killed, then so could any one of them. They don’t even see that he’s as powerless against Killjoy as they are.”

“That’s because Killjoy hasn’t gone up against him.” Selena remarked, deep in thought. “And long as Ryan keeps doing whatever Killjoy tells him to, he won’t.”
“So, it will appear as if he has the answer.” Zelda finished off the train of thought, earning nods from all but Deanna.

“So…” Deanna’s eyes scanned the multiple videos of people, seeing all their somber expressions. “We’re screwed.”

There was a long silence coming from the group, no one wanting to confirm Deanna’s assessment but neither wishing to give any kind of false hope. The only person that seemed to act was Selena, the Snow Queen reaching out her hand to offer the familiar comfort Deanna always seemed to crave. She felt the redhead grip her hand tightly in response.

“There is…one possibility…” The voice came from Jean Black. “But it is something I do not recommend we follow unless we truly have no choice.”

“What is it?” Gavin asked, though the elder detective did not answer right away, his dark eyes straying from the camera in front of him.

“Jean?” Zelda tried, taking his hands into hers, the brunette offering her own comfort to her husband. “What is it?

“I’m not going to suggest this lightly, alright?” he tried briskly, releasing Zelda’s hands to rub his hands aggressively. “But if Killjoy is the X factor in all this – if Killjoy is the sole reason that Ryan Scythe has any argumentative power… then why don’t we remove him from the equation? Or better yet… shift him to the other side.”

“What do you mean?” Gavin asked.

“Well, it’s quite simple.” Jean explained, the apparently detachment in his voice indicating the seriousness he was taking. “Ryan currently has an advantage because Killjoy won’t act out against him. But if we give Killjoy a good enough reason to do so, then suddenly, Ryan loses all power and all confidence of the people. Suddenly, he’s not the protector. He’s just someone that lied to all of Nome.”

There was a moment of silence as Jean’s words were processed. Only a moment, though.

“You want us to make a deal with that murderer?!” Gavin asked in disbelief.
“No. Not us.” Jean shook his head as slowly as he spoke. “There’s nothing we have that he wants. He won’t even talk to any of us. No, not us…” his eyes locked on the camera and despite him ‘looking’ at all other participants in the video, it was beyond clear who he truly was ‘seeing’.

“Me.” Selena answered, feeling her heart fall down to her feet and through the carpeted floor. “You want me to make a deal with him.”

“Killjoy has only appeared before you and Deanna, dearie.” Jean shrugged. “Odds are he will only show himself if you ask for him. His obsession for you is no secret to any of us - it will be our asset.”

“His obsession to destroy me and everything I love!” Selena countered. “I’m not going to risk pissing him off!”
“I told you this was not a decision that I considered lightly, Selena.” Jean challenged. “But it’s the best option we have. Killjoy has been a step ahead of us the whole time. We have tried to counter him and beat him, but he seems to always anticipate our moves. And I hate the idea of making a deal with him just like the rest of you, but in this case, he is not the immediate threat. Ryan is.” He pressed. “Ryan needs to be removed from the board.”

Turning her head, Selena’s eyes caught the near-panicked look of her wife, Deanna shaking her head quickly. “Don’t do it.” The redhead whispered to her. “Don’t make a deal with him.”

“There has to be another way.” Came Talia’s voice.

“Well, if you have one, I’d be glad to hear it.” Jean threw back at the black-haired woman’s attempt. “Cause unless one of us wants to kill the bastard, and I do mean your husband when I say that, then we either entice Killjoy to work with us rather than with Ryan… or we start preparing our passports while Deanna and Selena prepare the guest rooms. Because once Ryan is mayor, save for Talia, there won’t be a safe spot in Nome for any of us.”

Again, the room was met with silence.

“Maybe that is for the best…”

The statement came from the most unlikely of people as Selena turned her head to face Deanna. “I mean… Maybe this is one battle in the war that we just don’t win…” Her emerald eyes shifted from everyone before landing on Selena. “I mean, why do we have to win every battle if it costs us so much? Maybe losing this one is just how it is. We get Jean and Zelda and Gavin out of Nome – we buckle down and get the best lawyers we have here and when he inevitably comes for us… we be ready.”

“You make it sound so simple.” Selena smiled sadly at her, a wishfulness in her own sapphire eyes.
“It is simple!” Deanna huffed. “You all said it yourself. It’s a small down of 4000! It’s a speck in the grand scheme of things! What’s he going to do?! Come to New York and try and take our children from us?”

“I’ll remind you, dearie.” Jean replied coldly. “That Malcolm managed to do just that for a time.”
“Yeah, because we didn’t know better.” Deanna retorted. “We’d be ready this time! Restraining orders! Bylaws, rights…stuff!”

Watching her, Selena felt a sad smile come to her face. How she wished it was that easy. That they could use their ‘New York lawyers’ to deal with the pesky Nome people. How they could use their resources to combat whatever little-fortune Ryan had. 

But it wasn’t that simple – just like things in SCW were no longer that simple. That was a cruel reality Selena had come to terms with long ago. It wasn’t enough to simple win her matches and do her best. It wasn’t enough to simply ask for integrity. Having integrity meant weakness in the eyes of those that ‘had no limits’ like Kandis and Tommy had bragged. Having morals meant you wouldn’t ‘do anything to win’ like so many people besides The Connection. And the reason it had become such a standard in SCW was because it had worked for so many years. A few wins, however honest, were not enough to change that. No, it would take something that shook the very foundation of SCW to the core. Shook up all the preconceived notions that had rooted themselves in SCW.

It wasn’t beating one person. It was overcoming every challenge. Every opposition until her version of the “Standard of SCW” became the accepted one. Until someone rose up to reach her standard and beat her clean. It was a long, fought war she was fighting in SCW. But on the flip side, the more she won, the more her mission grew, the more she had to KEEP winning to keep that mission alive. One loss, one person beating her through nefarious means, like Kandis and Tommy were famous for (same with the Brand and most of Lexy’s group), and who knew what damage that mission would take!

The same was true with Ryan. That uncertainty. He couldn’t just be bought out or made to heel simply because he wasn’t as rich as the Frosts anymore or because they lived in a bigger city with more resources. In a normal world with normal rules? Yes, that would be the case, but-

“Ryan doesn’t play by those rules.” Selena spoke quietly, a dismal, quiet laugh escaping her. “He is truly his father’s son.”

“I have to agree with Selena.” Talia sighed slowly. “Even if you were to flee to New York, he would find some way to bring you back – and he would…” as she spoke, however, Talia did not hear the door to the room opening behind her. She did not see the face peering in. Or the figure entering the room behind her.

But the others did.

“Talia!” Selena screamed out. “Behind you!”
“Look out!” Zelda shouted at the same time.
“Watch-“ Deanna managed to choke out but all three of them were too late as the figure grabbed Talia, the black-haired woman screaming in alarm. Thinking fast, Selena’s hand rushed to mouse, clicking the record button- only to be denied because she was not the host computer… Talia’s was.

“So THIS is what you do in your spare time?!” the voice roared from Talia’s audio. Like a death knell to their ears, they heard the sound of a hand meeting flesh and Talia’s scream filling the air. “Who the FUCK do you think you are?!” the enraged voice spoke, causing Selena’s whole body to go rigid.

“Ryan!” roared Gavin. “LEAVE HER ALONE!”
“I’m going!” Zelda was suddenly on the move, leaving the room she was in and the sound of her rushing away could be heard.
“Pick up Gavin!” Jean shouted towards her.

“I’ll wait at the-“ Gavin started but stopped as a rather calm face took the space in Talia’s video.

“I’m very sorry.” Ryan Scythe sighed, running a hand through his slightly mussed hair. “My WIFE is currently indisposed right now. And I’m afraid she and I are going to have to have a long talk and-“ his eyes seemed to fly to something on his screen, a cruel grin breaking across his features. “Did one of you just try and record this video? Because I’m seeing a request notification…” He chuckled mockingly at the remaining participants.

“You sick bastard.” Selena replied coldly. “She’s your wife!”
“And her duty as my wife is loyalty to her husband, wouldn’t you agree?” Ryan asked with a mocking tilt of his head. “And seeing as how you were all happy to talk to her – why don’t you talk to me for a bit.”

“And what the hell would we have to discuss with you?” Jean asked slowly and darkly, his eyes narrowing.
“Why… you’re complete and unconditional surrender to my campaign, of course. Dropping out of the mayoral race and supporting me as the new mayor of Nome.” Ryan replied as if it was the most obvious thing.

“I’d rather be eviscerated by rabid dogs.” Jean replied before anyone else.
“Oh, someone wants off easy.” Selena angrily laughed, her eyes burning. “I was going to say ripped apart by plague-infested vermin.”
“While crows peck out our eyes!” Deanna added, trying to sound as tough as the others. “And not just any rats and crows – NEW YORK rats and crows! They’re huge!” she spat.

“Charming.” Ryan smiled. “But a bluff and nothing more. Now that I know my wife was your informant, so many things makes sense to me. But even as that is the case, it no longer matters. The election happens in a little over a month and all of Nome wants me for mayor. Or were you just meeting to discuss recipes, Selena? Deanna?”

“You don’t deserve to win.” Gavin stated, a sureness in his accented voice that surprised Selena. “You sure as hell don’t deserve Talia.”
“Well, your opinion aside, Gavin.” Ryan dismissed with a wave of his hand. “For the few people that may still vote for you, I believe we should endear them to us. Which is why I am not going to leave you out in the cold when I become mayor.”
“Leave me out in the cold?” asked the confused younger brother.
“Of course.” Ryan shrugged. “Afterall, we are family, aren’t we? I’m willing to offer you a job in my office. Since, once I am mayor, I will be reviewing some important laws and bylaws that Nome has. Property law, government spending, guardianship and parental controlling laws-“ the last one seemed to cause his grin to widen, the implication beyond clear as he spoke slower. “I will need my little brother to be hounding those books and finding me the best course of what ones need to be changed for… the good of Nome.”

“You mean the good for you.” Gavin shot back. “What is the matter with you, Ryan?! They’re-“
“Don’t say it, Gavin!” Selena warned. “Don’t you dare fucking say it!”
“But…” Gavin tried but realized quickly why, clenching his jaw shut to silence himself.

“Whether he says it or not, Selena.” Ryan smiled smugly. “It doesn’t change the truth. And when I am mayor, Elsianna and David-”
“The truth is that Elsianna and David have no father.” Selena replied darkly. “They have two mothers that love them with all their hearts.”

“And we will be dead before we let you come anywhere near them.” Deanna added, squeezing Selena’s hands with her own.
“Your wishes. Not mine.” Ryan shrugged, unfazed. “But all in good time. Right now, I’ve got a wife to discipline, and a mayoral race to win, so, I’m afraid we’ll have to cut this conversation short.”

With a wide grin, Ryan pressed a few buttons before the video went dead. Immediately, Selena’s hands were flying across the mouse and keys, establishing a new video that she would host and sending the link to Gavin and Jean. Within seconds, the remaining people were back in a video conference.

“That bastard.” Jean hissed through his teeth. “What I wouldn’t give to have a loaded gun and a clean shot…”
“What about Talia?” Gavin asked, almost in a panic. “What is he-“
“Zelda is on her way.” Selena replied. “Right, Jean?”
It took a second for the detective to refocus and reply. “Yes.” he replied, still beyond irritated. “I told her to get you. Do you have a gun?”
“Yes…but-“
“Grab it and break the door open if you have to.” Jean replied.
“Then what?” Gavin asked, this sort of action beyond him.

“Take her to my cave and treat her injuries.” Selena replied. “It’s not much, but it should be the last place Ryan will think you’ll go. When she’s well enough, get her on a plane and bring her here, understand?”
“Yes, of course, I-“ the sound of pounding on a door filled the audio, getting Gavin’s attention. “That has to be Zelda. I’ll send Talia to you, Selena, as soon as I can!”
“Call me if you need money to set up the tickets! Fastest way you can!” Selena called out before Gavin’s video turned off.

Alone with Jean Black, Selena and Deanna were silent, with only the Snow Queen’s exhale being heard. 

“I believe if either of you had any doubts over our next move…” Jean spoke coldly. “That just removed them all.”
“Jean…” Deanna tried, but a pale hand gripped her shoulder, effectively silencing her.
“I’ll contact Killjoy.” Selena replied. “I don’t know how, but I will.”

Seeming to suck his lower lip a little into his mouth, the detective gave a nod. “I’m sorry, Selena.” He sincerely said. “I wish there was another way.”

“Me too.” Selena replied before turning off the video. Soon as it was turned off, the Snow Queen was out of her chair, pulling her cellphone to herself and punching in some emails to Gavin.

“So, that’s it?” came Deanna’s voice as the redhead still sat in her chair. “We just pull up Killjoy and make a deal? What if he wants you dead?!”
“Deanna-“
“Or your fingers? Or your firstborn? Ever think of that?!”

“What choice do we have?!” Selena countered, dropping her hands to her sides and staring at her frightened wife. “This isn’t Giovanni or Cid or the rest of the Brand! This isn’t Kandis or Tommy or Ace who will just attack us in a hallway! This isn’t even Xander Valentine or Vixen Cain who could injure us or maybe end our wrestling careers like Xander did with Regan! Ryan will kill us and Odin knows what he’s doing to Talia right now! What will happen if he takes power?!”

“Leave Nome to him then!” Deanna tried again, her voice pleading. “Take Talia and the others and let them stay here! He has no power here!”
“I can’t take that risk!” Selena replied. “Malcolm did it with ease. Ryan will too.”
“So you’re willing to risk whatever Killjoy asks of you?!” Deanna cried. “He wants to kill you too!” 

“I know that!” Selena shook her head after her voice rang through the soundproof room. “I…” she shook her head again as she closed her eyes, releasing a shuddering breath. “I know that. But I can’t worry about that now. I have to hope he doesn’t want me dead till this whole thing with Project: Black Ice comes to light.”

“So, you’re going to give him more power…” Selena could see tears streaming out of her wife’s eyes. 

“No. I won’t let him control everything. Not this time.”

“Selena, please…” faster than Selena thought possible, the redhead was out of her chair and standing before her, her hands holding Selena’s. “Don’t do this! This isn’t you. Making deals with monsters. This isn’t who you are. Don’t make this deal. Don’t give him that power over you. He’s already taken so much from you… what if… what if our children are next… or me… or…” her eyes met Selena’s. “Or you…” 

Despite herself, Selena reached out a hand to caress her wife’s face. “Deanna…” she tried. “I can’t just leave them in Nome. If Ryan hurts them again or worse…it will be because of us. It’s us he’s after. How…how can I just stand here and do nothing? How can I endanger our children by giving up and letting him become mayor… Maybe letting him win is the easy way now, but…” she shook her head sadly. “You know Killjoy is the only way.”

Deanna opened her mouth to protest but no voice came out. She tried again, but again, she could not form any words with her voice.

As they had many times before, reality and fate had reared their ugly heads upon them… and all Selena could do was curse them and pray to Odin that they’d stay out of her way from here on out.

The Wrestling Universe Store – Queens Store
Flushing, New York
April 18, 2022
1:53pm

Selena’s eyes nervously scanned the clock as the seconds ticked away. Was she nervous because she was almost out of time – or was she nervous at the idea that he would show up?

She had made so many calls putting this small meet-and-greet together, hoping to get Killjoy’s attention. She had been so busy putting the advertisement on websites and newspapers and even on fliers on telephone polls, that she had forgotten to Tweet about it! Dumbass. she growled at her own stupidity. Still, the crowd had been a decent size for such a sudden event put-together and the venue owners had been more than accommodating. Even so, there was no sign of Killjoy.

“Heads up, wifey!” Deanna called out, Selena reacting just in time for her wife to grab her and pull her towards another pair of fans, the Snow Queen adopting a smile to pose with Deanna and the other boy/girl couple for a selfie. “Thank you!” Deanna called out as the fans made their exit, the last of the fans seemingly in the store. 

Turning back around, Deanna spied her wife gazing up at the banner. “Guess he’s not coming.” Selena sighed.
“You say that like it’s a bad thing.” Deanna tried, wrapping her arms around Selena’s waist gently. “Hunny, the guy’s coo-coo for coco-puffs.”

“I know.” Sighed Selena. “It was beyond stupid to think that I could contact him. I could have used the week for something important! Like promoting the Pay-Per-View or something!”
“You don’t even know who or even if you’re facing someone.”
“Yeah, but…” Selena shrugged. “Is it wrong that I believe that I will face someone? I mean… world champ… and Shaun promised and…”

“Selena.” Deanna tried, leaning her head forward to press her forehead against Selena’s. “You have done some good this week. You got Talia here. She’s safe now.”

That part still made Selena’s skin crawl. Not because Talia was staying with them – she was actually really good with the kids – but rather the condition she was in when they had picked her up at the airport. She still had some lingering bruises on her ribs and a slight discoloration on her cheek. Now, compared to what Selena went through on a regular basis, like being shoved into a steel step by the Connection, or smashed with a chair by Ace Marshall, or the countless other times she’d been cut open, concussed, or scarred by barbed wire… Talia’s beating was not so severe. Even so, seeing such marks on Talia made Selena’s blood boil far more than seeing any bruise or cut on her own body.

But Deanna was right – Talia was safe for now, and for that, Selena could breath a sigh of relief.

“Selena…” Deanna’s voice returned, regaining the Snow Queen’s attention.
“Hmmm?”
“It’s just…seeing Talia… and…” Deanna gestured to her own face with a pointed finger, indicated the cheekbone.
“The bruises?” Selena asked, keeping her arms wrapped around her wife.

“Yeah, well… you don’t have to answer this, but…” the redhead’s voice trailed off.
“What is it, Deanna?”
“Did Ryan… gods I feel so horrible for asking this.” Deanna tried, shaking her head. “Did he ever hit you?”

The question took a second to settle in Selena’s mind – the platinum-blonde needing that long to realize what her wife was asking. “Do you really want to know the answer to that?”

Biting her lower lip, hard by the looks of it, Deanna slowly nodded her head.

“Yes.” Selena replied. “A few times.”

Slowly, Deanna nodded her head. “When…it was happening… on the video… I saw you stiffen and… it looked like when you first wake up from your nightmares in the morning.”

“I…” Selena tried, unable to find the words. “I’m sorry.”
“Can you…” Deanna tried. “Can you tell me what happened?”

A sigh came from Selena as she looked away. “Honestly? It happened only a few times. I don’t remember them all… but one I’ll never forget… It was the day I went to him after ‘delivering’ Elsianna.”

“When you believed…”

“That my child was made of snow, yes. I…” the world champion shook her head. “I believed so much that the gods – fate, reality, whatever – had finally shown me a modicum of peace and happiness and all I wanted was to share it with the man that I thought loved me. I ran to his office, past Talia, and tried to share the good news with him. That he was a father. He refused to believe me – and I can understand why now. But at the time, he didn’t care about helping me or getting me help… he just wanted to discard me.”

“He beat you.” Deanna concluded, earning a nod from Selena.

“Compared to Xander, Kandis and Tommy, the Brand, even Regan… it was nothing. Hell, I wouldn’t even put him in my top 10 – even Ace Marshall has a spot there after that chair attack. But back then? Him kicking and stomping me… throwing me to the ground outside his office…” she ran a hand through her platinum-blonde locks. “I realized that no love should ever be like that, ever! I realized that he never loved me… and that I never wanted to be so in love with someone that I would let them do that to me again.”

Turning back to her wife, Selena saw the guilt in her wife’s emerald eyes, the redhead biting her lower lip.

“Deanna?”
“I…” Deanna shook her head, her hands fidgeting with each other. “What about the times I slapped you?”

“Deanna…” Selena reached out, cupping her wife’s face with her hands. “You never meant to hurt me – and I’d be lying if I didn’t deserve a slap in the face sometimes. Trust me.”

“But…”

“No buts. You’re not the same as him. Our fights aren’t the same as what he and I went through. So don’t compare yourself!”

“Uh… excuse me?”

The sound of a new voice stole both women’s attention from one another, the Frost wives turning their heads at almost the same time to see the rather scraggly looking man dressed in gray track pants and a gray hoodie under a large flannel coat. His beard was pointed in all directions and he reeked of – well, Selena wasn’t sure but whatever it was, it had died long ago. 

“Hello…” the platinum-blonde said, trying her best to breath short breaths. 

“Hi.” The man replied, showing his yellow teeth. Everything about the man screamed ‘homeless’ to Deanna and Selena and yet he held up a poster of Selena Frost – one taken while she still had her full, iconic braid. “Can you sign?”

“Sure.” Selena replied, grateful for the direction this exchange had finally taken. Taking the poster, she managed to place it on the table before her. “Deanna, why don’t you sign it too!”
“Okay.” She heard her wife reply.
“Okay. Who should we make this out to?”

No answer came, which surprised the Snow Queen. Turning her head to regard the ‘gentleman’, she was stunned to see that he was gone, having run out of the store in a flash.

“What the-“ Selena asked looking around the store at the few people that saw the whole thing happen – people who were equally confused. “Was it something I said?”
“He left his poster behind.” Deanna stated.

“Well, at least they can have it.” Selena replied, pointing to the sticker in the corner that read ‘The Wrestling Universe Store’. “See? He must have bought this here before coming to us.”

“But why would he have bought it here, brought it to us, only to run off before we signed it?” Deanna asked, causing Selena to only shrug her shoulders.
“Maybe he’s a little messed in the head. He did seem a little odd.”
“You’re a little odd.” Deanna remarked. “I’m a little odd. That guy was-“

“Coo coo for coca puffs?” Selena interjected, raising an eyebrow at her wife, who merely shrugged her shoulders. However, as the Snow Queen lifted the poster, turning it towards her wife - “Good likeness?” she asked – her eyes trailed down the blank side of the poster, to the dark lettering of the message written in marker at the corner.

“Selena?” Deanna asked but jumped out of the way as Selena all but threw the poster back onto the table, the corner on full display on. In the corner was the black-marker message.

“You have until 2pm.” Selena read aloud, along with a number whose area code she didn’t recognize - Probably some kind of burner phone…. But it was the black skull drawn beside the number that made her heart both race and then stop in sudden realization. “Deanna…” her voice trailed off as her sapphire eyes flew to the clock. She had two minutes left.

Fast as she could, Selena thrust out her phone from her pocket and dialed the number that was on the poster. She heard it ring once…twice… but no more times as a voice took over. One that sent chills down her spine.

“You’ve got ten words.” Came the gravelled, altered voice she recognized. “Use them well.”

Selena’s eyes found Deanna’s, the near-panic in her wife’s emerald orbs. Taking a deep breath, Selena stepped into a nearby corner of the store, away from prying eyes.

“I want to make a deal with you.” She whispered.

There was a pause, one that lasted far longer than she liked and one that nearly gave her a heart attack.

“You have another ten words.” Came Killjoy’s voice.

“I want you to stop Ryan from becoming mayor.”

Another long pause – again, too long.

“Hello?” Selena asked after a minute of waiting. Immediately, she heard Killjoy’s voice again, but it was only eight words. Eight words that made Selena shudder but six words she could not refuse. “I understand.” She replied before hearing the line go dead.

Gazing down the aisle, she saw Deanna standing there, her hands clenched together and placed over her own heart. “What…what did he say?” she asked, almost afraid to do so.

Taking a deep breath, Selena rejoined her wife, her eyes gazing at the phone in her hand before staring back at Deanna.

“He said he’ll meet us to discuss the deal.” Selena sighed. 
“Okay…” Deanna breathed nervously. “Where and when?”

Biting her lower lip, Selena released one last exhale from her nose before she said those same eight words: “8pm…June 23rd… Santa Barbara… The Starmaker.”
4x SCW World Tag-Team Champion
2x SCW United States Champion
3x SCW Adrenaline Champion
SCW Television Champion
Longest Reigning SCW World Champion (234 days)
Winner of Shot of Adrenaline Tournament (2016)
Winner of Best of the Best Tournament (2016)
Winner of Trios Tournament (2018)
Winner of U.S. Championship Tournament (2020)
Winner of World Championship Tournament (2023)
Winner of Tactical Warfare (2014, 2019)
Winner of Elimination Chamber (2015)
Winner of Roofed Cage Match (2019)
Winner of Last Person Standing Match (2019)
The Unbelievable Main Event (2021-2023)
Winner of Double Jeopardy Match (2022)
Winner of EOTY Invitational (2023)
Female Wrestler of the Year (2016, 2021, 2022)
Tag-Team of the Year (2020 - w/ Regan Street)
Match of the Year (2018, 2019, 2021, 2023)
Feud of the Year (2014, 2019)

[Image: 34zetxl.png]
The Royal Letter

The camera opens up to reveal the interior of an office space. A shelf full of books stands at the back of the shot, while a throne chair sits in the middle of the shot. And sitting there, dressed in black jeans, and a light blue t-shirt with her hair pulled back sits the SCW World Champion, Selena Frost. The SCW World championship sits on a shelf just behind her. With one leg crossed over the other, the Snow Queen seems to be in thought for a moment, taking a few seconds before she speaks.

You know… for a long time now, I’ve heard superstar after superstar – man and woman – declare up and down that they were the ones that could beat me and take the world title off me. That they were the ones that ‘had my number’…

A slow smile forming across her features, the platinum-blonde chuckles a little. My number. I mean, Holly Adams? Cid Turner? Glory Braddock? The list is a long one of so many superstars declaring that they knew me so well – that they were so ready for me. That they would beat me and be the one.

And now? My number is over 140. As in over 140 days as the SCW World Champion.

Chewing her lower lip a little, Selena seems to contemplate that fact for a moment. And when you think about it, you can throw shade at it as much as you want. I won’t be the one to tell you it’s been perfect. I won’t be the one to tell you there hasn’t been some hiccups along the way. But when I started fighting for the world title, I made a promise that I would do all I can to fight for the integrity of it. That I would do all I could to lift the belt up from the standard it’s been lowered to and place it back on a pedestal that everyone in SCW could be proud of!

She shrugs a little. Because I didn’t want to be like ‘every other champion’ that had recently come before me, hiding behind friends – ‘sharing’ the world title - or making excuses like fake injuries or whatever – no! I wanted to inspire SCW! I wanted to inspire everyone that worked here, from the roster to the crew and the staff! I wanted everyone to believe that things could be better! That they could believe in something better! A better SCW!

Tilting her head a little this way and that, the young woman shrugs again. And it hasn’t been easy. I’ve had doubters and I’ve had my own doubts, that is for sure. But the reason I am still here as SCW World Champion is because not only did I have to overcome those doubts and change to become better – become a standard that challenged people to be better – but because SCW changed too! 

It has! You look at Aaron Demitria standing for good form and integrity because he wanted a match that he officiated to be fair! To represent the company he’s dedicated years of his life too proudly! Standing up to cheaters like The Brand and Kim Williams! You look at Glory Braddock overcoming a legend like Syren just for a shot against me! You look at people coming in droves on Twitter and Breakdown, all wanting a chance to compete against me – to be the one that can match my standard and beat it.

A bright smile comes across Selena’s face. You think that bothers me? It’s what I’ve wanted! That’s what I’ve believed in! It’s change! Good, true, worthy change! SCW is slowly changing - And for the better! Change so that someone like Autumn Valentine can be honored with a title shot she deserves after so many months of proving it as Television Champion! Change that makes people like Ace Marshall WANT to fight for the world title rather than coast through the months year after year! Change that inspires my wife, Deanna, to try and train harder than anyone else to become as good a wrestler as those she has seen. Change so that those that want to be here and compete, like Glory and even Kandis, can get their shot while others that don’t care to put in the effort – like Kimberly Williams – are weeded out and MADE to earn their shots!

Elated, Selena looks around a bit, as if she can see the world of SCW before her. This is what I believed in! Supreme Championship Wrestling! The best of the best in all the world wrestling for all of you! Where words like ‘skill’ and ‘ability’ mean something! Where integrity means something! Where being the World Champion means something! Where S-C-W means something! It’s happening, you’ve seen it! You’ve heard it! You all know it! It’s already begun! And most important of all, you believe in it!

Selena gestures to the camera, to her audience, before sitting back in her chair, becoming a bit more reflective.  And I believe it. I believe it with all my heart. I believe that this change – starting off small – will only continue to grow. Grow bigger and bigger until it eclipses the stigma the world title has been trapped in for so many years. That SCW has been trapped in for so many years. I believe that this change is long overdue and will not be stopped. So, when there are trips in the road – when someone wants to try and screw the rules and cheat their way past me, when I come up short because of such acts… I know that such things – remarks to such things? They are just bumps in the road. They might slow us down, but they will not stop us. They will not stop our path to integrity being at the helm of S-C-W!

Taking a slow breath, inhaling and exhaling, Selena looks away from the camera for a moment. Which leads me to Tommy Valentine… her gaze returns to the camera.

And Tommy, I wanted to include you in that build. I really did! I wanted to talk about how you’ve changed! I wanted to talk about how someone like you is more than worthy to challenge for the world title. I still believe that! Did you see me complain at you being picked by Shaun last Breakdown? Of course not! I mean, I’m set to fight a Hall of Famer now! I’m set to fight one of the longest veterans still active in SCW! And in terms of accolades? You’ve done it all, Tommy! Won practically every title there is to win! Headlined Rise to Greatness! Multiple End of the Year awards. Hell! You manage to wrestle full-time, run a club and… how many gyms and training facilities you’ve got now? Two? Three? All while preparing for your wedding!

We don’t have enough time in the day to talk about all your accolades inside and outside the ring, Tommy! We don’t!
she shakes her head.

I wanted to talk about how you changed, Tommy. How being in this new standard has brought something out of you. And honestly? I thought you being chosen to replace Kandis would have been the opportunity for that. Would have been the opportunity to SEE that.

The Snow Queen’s expression grows more serious, as does her tone. And let me be clear, Thomas, I have never ducked a challenge put before me. I’ve never run away or hid behind someone or tried to weaken them backstage. And where Kandis was concerned, I WANTED to fight her. Because what she said was true. Out of everyone that was in Double Jeopardy that’s still in SCW, she was the only one that I didn’t have a hand in beating and eliminating from the match. She and I? We never fought one and one and I was excited for that to finally change. 

More than that, I saw passion in her eyes. I saw fire there, Tommy! The kind of fire I was talking about a moment ago! The kind you probably see all the time, I bet. I saw a desire from your fiancée to not just face me, but beat me at my own standard. To beat me clean and show the world that she was the best. It’s something I don’t always see, Tommy. Didn’t see it in Holly’s eyes. Didn’t see it Kim’s eyes. Saw it in Glory’s. Saw it in Autumn’s. 

And I saw it in Kandis’.

Leaning a bit forward, Selena’s sapphire eyes narrow. I say this to you, Tommy, with all my heart. The fact that I can’t fight Kandis this Sunday is something I regret. It is something that, until she comes back, I will always regret. And if she does come back, you don’t have to worry about her getting a shot at my title – because I’ll march over to management and make sure she gets one. Of that you can believe!

Slowly, remaining quiet, Selena sits back in her chair, resting her hands over her lap. But, as Shaun Cruze said, SCW needs to move on. And when he announced you, Tommy, like I said, I was excited because I was hoping to see that change in you, Tommy. I thought fighting for your fiancée’s missed opportunity would put some of that fire in your eyes! Would put a bit of her fighting spirit in your soul! I was excited for that! Because if you had even a little bit of what she had? Then we’d get one hell of a Hall of Famer coming for me! We’d get one hell of a world title match!

Stopping mid-motion, Selena seems to freeze for a split second, as if a cold thought came to her. But then…Shaun Cruze inadvertently fooled me.

Or, to be more accurate, Shaun was fooled too because he believed what I believed! We believed that we’d get something new from Tommy Valentine! Something special from Tommy Valentine! Something that could reach the new standard that’s been put on the world title – urged on by his ‘fighting for Kandis’, urged on by the opportunity of a lifetime that’s LITERALLY fallen into his lap! But what did we get last Breakdown?

The Snow Queen gives a shrug at the question. What happened? she waits a second before answer.

Tommy came down to the ring, opened his mouth and proceeded to give us a rerun! He came down to the ring and it was the same thing as last time we fought!

‘I hate Selena Frost!
I hate Selena Frost’s clothes!
I hate Selena Frost’s catchphrase!
I hate Selena Frost’s beliefs!
I hate! I hate! I hate! I hate!’

Over and over and over again! The same insults he’s thrown at me every single time he’s mentioned me! Every single time we’ve fought! It’s like it was 2020 all over again!

Slightly in disbelief and slightly irritated, Selena looks around the room, taking a quick breath. I mean, Tommy, if I wanted to see you and I back in 2020, I’d have gone on YouTube and watched a clip of when Regan and I beat you and Kandis at Rise to Greatness to take the tag titles off you, or when we beat you in the Tag League and effectively knocked you out of it.

Selena slowly shakes her head. But doing reruns and ‘same old insults’…that’s not what I want to do here. I’m not interested in repeating the old standard, Tommy. That may be your thing, but it isn’t mine. I’m not going to give SCW crap and say ‘it’s gold’. That’s your thing, Tommy. That’s you making promises like becoming Adrenaline champion and failing twice over. That’s you promising over and over again to break the record of “number of tag-title wins” and failing over and over again. That’s what you’ve done the last several months, and I’m… I’m not like that, Tommy. I’m not into giving SCW something old and saying it’s a ‘new standard’. No, Tommy, I want to raise the bar here. I want to raise the bar with you helping me to do it!

You see, so many people have written this match off as “Selena Frost vs a replacement”. The rumors ran wild over who would be picked and now that it’s you – yes, it makes perfect sense to me – but you and I… We have some work to do, don’t we?

You and I, we have a lot of people that we need to disprove. You and I? The world knows how good we are individually. They know how great we can be and how great we have been in the past. That’s just knowing the history. But if you said two or three weeks ago that Tommy Valentine would be chosen to face Selena Frost for the world championship – a lot of people would have scoffed at the idea, Tommy. A lot of people would have done a lot of crying about it on Twitter. And you know that. I’ll bet even you would have scoffed at the idea.
Selena tilts her head, daring a rebuttal from her opponent.

They would have not only questioned your place in that match, they would have questioned my mission of integrity. They would have questioned everything that’s been said about me from the likes of Ace Marshall, you, Kandis, Holly – basically everyone that’s got a stick up their ass about me being world champion just because they don’t like me. Things like ‘I’m protected’ or that I need management to keep me as the champion…

Licking lips, Selena shakes her head. We – we need to disprove that, Tommy. We need to show the SCW Universe why this isn’t just some ‘quick fix’ to Kandis being removed due to an injury. We need to show the SCW Universe that not only do you belong here with me in the main-event, but this main-event has all the makings of one of the greatest matches of the year! Maybe even a ‘Match of the Year’ award-winner!

Leaning forward a little, the buzz in Selena’s voice can be heard – her excitement clear. The bitter lover, the – what was it you called yourself a few weeks ago after you lost to Cid? Selena snaps her fingers, trying to recall before suddenly remembering. ’The King of Straight Up Wrestling’! I WANT to see that, Tommy! Like really see it! Not just you promising it and coming up short again or promising it and then throwing a tantrum and disqualifying yourself – but actually see it! I want the fans and True Believers to see that! I want to see this ‘king’ fight for this title like he’s never fought before!

Silent for a moment, Selena settles back down into her chair, crossing her arms over her chest. What I don’t want – what the SCW Universe doesn’t want – is 2020 Tommy Valentine whining and crying the same old thing. Talking about being my ‘kryptonite’ or my ‘Dream Killer’ while I stand here not only a former Tag-Team Champion, but the current SCW World champion!

She shakes her head. Nobody wants to see that again, Tommy! We want to see something new! Something unexpected! Something that challenges the standard that’s changing SCW as we know it! Because this is, easily, the biggest opportunity of the year for you! Maybe even your entire career! Doesn’t it deserve more? Doesn’t Kandis deserve more?

Smiling, still excited, Selena placed a hand over her heart. It’s certainly one of the biggest opportunities for me. 140 plus days in this reign and I FINALLY get a chance to defend the world title against an SCW Hall of Famer. A chance to take on a legend. An icon! 

This could very easily be the most important title defence I’ve ever had, Tommy, maybe the most important title defence I’ll ever have in this reign… simply because it’s you that I am facing…That’s how good you are and how great you can be!

Lowering her hand, Selena exhales slowly, returning to her serious tone. But if you’re just going to give me 2020 Tommy Valentine? If you’re just going to give me the same insults and BS you gave me every other time we’ve fought? ‘Hate’, ‘Dream Killer’, ‘Kryptonite’ – that same old schtick… If you’re just going to pick up a timekeeper’s bell and swing at me when you’ve ‘had enough’, then it’s going to be a long night for you and for Kandis. 

Because if you won’t rise to the occasion, rise to my standard – the standard of SCW and the World title - then the only thing that our match will have in common with Rise to Greatness 2020 will be me knocking your ass out and beating you.

Selena gestures her hand up, to the ether. I’ve put the eyes of the SCW Universe and the True Believers on you now, Tommy Valentine. Waiting on you, waiting for what you will say and what you will do for the chance to become the world champion for the first time in 12 long years… 

So hit me with your best shot. For you, for Kandis – give me all you’ve got! Dig deep! Rise to the occasion! 

Make. Us. Believe…

A slow smile creeps across Selena’s features. It’s all on you now, Tommy. I’ll be waiting…

The world champion sits back in her seat, her smile never diminishing as the camera slowly fades to black.
[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
SCW Television Champion

OOC: All characters appear with handlers' permission. In two parts due to length. Enjoy!

Project: Black Ice

”Party Favors”

The Starmaker
Santa Barbara, California
April 23rd, 2022
7:38 pm

For a moment, Selena’s eyes widened, and her mouth hung open a little as she beheld the space, taking in the details of the renovated theatre space. Before her eyes was the large main room, filled with a vast number of seating booths, most of which were either occupied or had drinks or remains of plates of food on them, indicating previous occupancy. Suffice to say, the place was packed with people.

Scanning around the area, the still stunned woman took in the large dance floor, people in various attires (there was not a specific dress code given after all, but many had chosen the safe ‘smart dress’ that an engagement party would typically demand) already there. Not as many as there were seated, for Selena could still see bare spots in the crowd that allowed her to take in the detail of the dance floor. Continuing her scanning of the area, simply taking it all in, she spied the bar on the far side beyond the dance floor, surprised that she had not noticed it first. Before her new sight was a myriad of bottles of various colors, almost a rainbow of shades and colors – it was almost beautiful if the idea of their contents did not make her stomach clench a little (it was alcohol after all, making her grimace a little). 

Her eyes caught sight of movement and her head jerked up in time to take in the balconies, a few of them overlooking the entire club main room, like kings and queens overlooking the ‘peasants’ or their own party; and for a moment, she wondered if that was where Kandis and Tommy were, the hosts of this event feeling powerful and untouchable in their makeshift “tower”.

Still, standing there in her shocked state as she took everything, Selena could not fault Tommy if he did, indeed, feel that way standing in this large space. He was the reason she was stunned in the first place. To be clear, the space was not obnoxiously opulent like some of the ballrooms and parties she had attended in New York and around the world. It certainly wasn’t a five-star hotel or – if comparing it to its previous existence as a theatre – the Metropolitan. But it didn’t have to be… 

She had waited outside to be allowed into the The Starmaker for about twenty minutes – thankfully not needing to be carded (she hadn’t thought about that – which she regretted), the time allowing her to take in the surroundings of the former abandoned, dilapidated theatre. While the buildings surrounding the club were functioning businesses by the looks of them, the buildings were far from being in great shape – one or two Selena had questioned if there was really any business still going on within. But maybe that was Tommy’s vision! For surrounded by all those poor-conditioned buildings, The Starmaker stood out. Like a diamond amidst a sea of coal. And to then go in?

It was why she had been stunned to silence, needing to take everything in. Because the contrast had been so massive.

It made her – she was not ashamed to admit it in her temporary distracted mind – question something profound about Thomas Valentine. 

Here was a man that had built not only a wrestling training facility with David Helms, but had taken over it (she did not dwell on the ugly story involving that – she didn’t have the patience to), but was expanding it! Growing the brand into something larger. On top of that, he had done this – turned a broken down theatre in a broken part of Santa Barbara into something… far greater…

It confused Selena, far more than she was willing to admit. Because why… 

The man clearly had a gift for creating things – even things that were broken down and abandoned, yet he chose to hurt and destroy whatever the hell he wanted over in SCW. For a split seconded in her adrenaline-fueled mind, Selena recalled how, upon being effectively kicked out of the Tag League, Tommy had decided to do nothing but ‘ruin’ and ‘spoil’ the massive tournament for everyone else. A tournament that was the first of its kind and meant to highlight, promote and better the division he has always claimed to safeguard and be ‘the savior’ of! It doesn’t make sense!

Of course, that said nothing about his latest escapades with throwing out his tag match with the tag champions of Hairless Penguin and Dancing Bear – Tommy choosing destruction over the idea of maybe ‘saving the tag-division’ from a – Selena didn’t want to mince words – the current tag-champions were little more than a jokey gimmick and she didn’t like the idea of them as the tag-team champions, a division she still held in high esteem after her time there with her sister, Regan. And yet, Tommy and Kandis had chosen destruction over creating a better case for themselves down the road, perhaps after Hollywood of the South had concluded. And then there was two days ago, when he had chosen to pick up that timekeeper’s bell rather than prove himself as the new number one contender to her world title-

The new number one contender.

The Snow Queen wasn’t sure what she had been surprised when Shaun had announced Tommy’s name. He HAD been one of the stronger choices across social media and it certainly made sense! Kandis’ fiancée, fighting in her stead? His credentials sure as hell spoke for themselves. Still, she had been a little surprised that he had been chosen to face her at the pay-per-view – but that wasn’t the point! He had been chosen and the first chance he got, he chose to try and cheat and hurt his opponent! That same man was responsible for creating the – Selena could say it – beautiful setting that met her eyes.

“It doesn’t make sense!” she didn’t know she had said those words until-

“What doesn’t make sense?”

The voice, an intrusion on her thoughts, seemed to almost snap her out of her bubble of mental reflection and stunned silence. It had been as her mind had put everything on mute, her disbelief and mental to-and-fro blocking out all her other senses except her vision. But with this new voice, the bubble burst and everything seemed to rush in like a cacophony – rampaging into her ear to alert her of all of its existence. Immediately, she heard the dull roar of the masses, nothing specific, just so many people talking. She heard the DJ at one of the sides of the room, specifically the music he was playing – some kind of dance ‘anthem’, Selena’s could quite make out the words with all the other sounds. She could smell the alcohol as people shuffled by her, her stomach – again – giving an encore performance of clenching and churning a little, causing a hand to fly towards it to try and quell it – feeling her cool skin against her hand. It was all too much at once, and Selena found herself turning away and closing her eyes to try and tone it out a little, or at least to sort it out to avoid further sensory overload.

Conceal… her mind whispered, her mantra aiding her slowly. Don’t feel…

A few more slow breaths, and she was able to catalogue all the noise and smells and sights in her mind properly – enough to tolerate it, including the feeling of a hand rubbing circles against her back. Lifting her head and turning back around, she spied the woman touching her – one where, if she had just met her, she would not recognize her.

“You okay?” Deanna asked through her black, plastic, large round sunglasses, the concern in her voice giving only Selena any indication who she was.

“Yeah.” Selena nodded her head, taking another slow breath. “Just got overwhelmed with everything.” She was glad Deanna was close enough to her so she didn’t have to scream her words over the noise of the club. It really was an eventful evening.

But, just as her senses had eventually returned, so too had her memories of why she, the SCW World Champion, was even here, in the ‘stronghold’ of two people that absolutely hated her: her current and former World title challengers in The Connection. 

The 23rd… 8pm… Santa Barbara… The Starmaker…

Gulping a little, Selena stood against the nearby wall, far as she could within the space, her eyes taking in the whole scene yet again. Somewhere, within this massive crowd… Killjoy was there, or would be if he was waiting to show up on the dot of his deadline. 

The tormentor had been clear in his demands. If Selena wanted to make a deal with him – WANT to? More like HAVE to! her mind thought bitterly – then here was where they would meet and talk. 

Of course he would choose here. Selena’s bitter mind ‘spat’. Jean had been right. Killjoy was obsessed with Selena and throwing her off, making her uncomfortable, tormenting her all over some sick vendetta he had against her, which she still had no idea after over a year of torment! Still, it hadn’t been the choice of venue that truly disturbed her…

What disturbed her was the sequence of events that had happened. Killjoy must have known about Kandis’ injury when he had made the demand for Selena to be here and, at first, the Snow Queen had just assumed that the skulled-man had wanted her to run into Kandis so the challenger – a woman that clearly hated Selena – might do something or have Tommy do something or have them get kicked out or embarrassed or something, like some of the dark pranks that had been thrown on her during the old Kelcey Wallace Halloween parties she had attended in her earlier years of SCW… something she could handle, especially with Deanna by her side.

But then three days later, Tommy Valentine had been named the number one contender for the SCW world title. And as her initial reactions subsided and she had travelled the short distance from Portland (Breakdown) to Santa Barbara, choosing a rented car to be less conspicuous than her massive Believe It bus (which was still waiting in Portland), a terrifying question had slowly grown in Selena’s mind.

Was all of this just to annoy Selena… or had Killjoy picked this venue because he had already known who her challenger was going to be? Her being here when Kandis’ had just been injured was one thing. At worst, she’d be pranked and maybe bruised. But with Tommy next in line? 

There was no ‘guess-work’ involved in what Tommy would do, or what Kandis would do – or have someone do in her case. How many times had they bragged they would do ‘anything’ to take her down, mocking her morality and ethics/code of conduct as a weakness – something Kandis had done in her Retribution promo. Hell, Tommy had not hesitated to bring that timekeeper’s bell into the ring during his match with Ace Marshall and if Selena hadn’t stopped him, he could very well of injured the obnoxious bastard. No, guess work wasn’t needed here. If either of them were found, they would be in danger – far greater now that Tommy was in line for the shot. The Connection would not hesitate to eliminate Selena from competition, perhaps permanently. There’s no way Killjoy wouldn’t know that… Selena growled.

But if that were true and Killjoy had chosen the venue on that premise, it meant he had known about Tommy. But if that were true… then… Then he either has an informant on the SCW Board of Directors… or he IS a member of the SCW Board of Directors…

The conclusion was just as terrifying to Selena now as it was during her travels here, because it always lead to a spiral of thoughts that triggered anxiety.

Who had dared her to capture the World title almost a year ago and headline Rise to Greatness?
Who had helped keep her as World Champion with empowering officials like Aaron Demitria?
Who had chosen Tommy Valentine?

The answer was either Killjoy or the Board of Directors, leaving a gnawing depression in her chest. Had everything she’d done – her goal for ‘integrity’ and bringing it back to SCW and the World title – had it all been planned by Killjoy? Had Ace Marshall and Kandis and Tommy and all the others been right and she had been ‘protected’ by management all along because of Killjoy’s sick, twisted game? 

It’s too broken… it needs to die… Kimberly Williams’ words echoed in Selena’s mind, now more powerful than when the Snow Queen had first heard them. Was Kim right? Was Selena just a pawn in a game and too simple, too drive in her goal to-

“Stop.” Came the sharp voice, breaking Selena out of her mental downward spiral, her eyes opening – when had she closed them? – to gaze into emerald eyes – when had Deanna taken off her shades? “You’re thinking about it again.”

“I can’t help it.” Selena breathed. “I thought I could control some element here in dealing with him, but the more I think about it…”
“I know.” Deanna’s strong hands grasped hers. “But that’s not important now!”
“But what if it’s true?”
“I refuse to believe that.” Deanna shook her head. “Aaron believed you, didn’t he? Shaun believes in you? Can’t we believe in them?”
“That’s just two people.” Selena sighed, feeling that trust for the two men that had done so much for her.
“Two is better than none, right?!” Deanna offered brightly. “And even if it is true, that doesn’t change what we want to do! If anything, it makes it all the more important! To stop another Katya from happening, right?!”

Biting her lower lip, Selena nodded her head.

“We’ll figure it out later.” Deanna assured her. “Right now…” her gaze flew towards the door they had used to enter The Starmaker. “Last chance to leave.”

Taking a slow breath, Selena tried to calm her nerves, but only partially succeeding. “No.” she shook her head. “We need to do this.”

“Then I hope you have a plan.”
“I have a plan.” Selena started, but stopped herself. “Well-“
“Half a plan.” Deanna finished knowingly, nodding her head with a smile, though the worry was still clear on her features.
“Right.” Selena bit her lower lip. “We’re going to find Killjoy, confront him and keep him here. Crowded like this, he can’t get far and I highly doubt he’ll try anything with so many witnesses.”

“And if he does?”
“Then we run like hell.” Selena answered.
“In those?” Deanna asked, her eyes cast down towards Selena’s feet.

Casting her own eyes down, Selena spied the pink pumps she wore that made her even taller than she already was. Doing so reminded her of her hand’s position against her bare stomach – and the whole ensemble that covered her (or, to be more accurate, didn’t).

Regardless of Killjoy’s influence and the motives behind his choice, the very real danger of being near The Connection, especially now, had driven the Frost wives to go shopping in Santa Barbara the moment they had arrived, opting for… was disguises a proper word for how dirty Selena felt?

She wore a dull-pink off the shoulder blouse, somewhat fluffy, and what felt like the shortest mini-skirt in the world! For Odin’s sake, her rear was BARELY covered with this thing and there was nothing covering her toned legs. She even had a midriff! What the hell was she doing showing her midriff! Coupled with a pair of plastic, white, star-shaped sunglasses and the piece-de-resistance: a dark purple wig that flowed from the top of her head.

To put it simply: Selena Frost had never felt more exposed with so much of her skin…well… exposed.

“Please don’t remind me.” She tried. “I feel ridiculous.”

She looked up at her wife, envying the disguise Deanna had chosen. The redhead had opted for something unlike her (as Selena had been forced to) in wearing a smart pantsuit with a charcoal-gray longcoat. On her head, to cover her recognizable red hair, she had opted for a simple brown wig, turning her into a brunette. The shades simply kept her face more hidden, as did Selena’s.

“I wish I had worn something less revealing…” Selena whispered, her hands fidgeting over her exposed parts, trying to cover them up.
“Selena Frost wouldn’t be caught dead in a getup like this.” Deanna explained (as she had when she had chosen it for her wife). “We can’t let Tommy or Kandis see you.”

“Alright.” Selena breathed, gesturing to the right. “You go that way and look around for Killjoy. I’ll go left and search.” Immediately, Deanna gave a nod and began to move the desired direction, only for a pale hand to reach out and take hers, causing the younger woman to turn back towards her disguised wife. “If you see him, do NOT confront him. Find me.”

“Okay.” Deanna nodded in understanding. “What if Tommy or Kandis or someone of theirs recognizes me?”
Selena took a slow, shaky inhale through her nose. “Then run. Don’t look back, don’t ask questions. Just head for the exit.”

It pained her to admit, but Deanna was in no less danger than she was. As her wife, she was, therefore, leverage. 

Quickly, Selena leaned in, pressing her lips to Deanna’s forehead. She felt the shorter Frost slowly melt under her touch before pulling back. “Be careful.” She whispered before letting Deanna go, the suited-woman disappearing into the crowd within seconds.

On her own, Selena gave one last inhale and exhale to steel her nerves before she, too, began walking her designated direction around the large space. “Alright, you skulled son of a bitch…” she whispered. “Where are you?”

She tilted her shades down her nose a little, allowing her to see far better into the room, scanning across the heads of people for any sign of a skull-mask. She was not in the mood for hide-and-seek, and she was sure Killjoy wouldn’t be either. She wasn’t exactly sure how he was going to get in with said mask with so much security, but she believed it was well within the madman’s power to do so.

“Where are you....where are you…” she kept whispering a few more times as she continued to scan the room, walking slowly, thankful Deanna had not chosen the super-high pumps that were her first choice for the world champion. She was able to walk in the ones she wore, but had they’d been any higher, she knew she’d have trouble.

Around the room, she kept walking, the various roars of speech and music filling her ears as she travelled until, distracted on her current mission, she sharply walked into the large counter that was the bar, her hands flying up to press into the wood and catch herself, wincing as she felt her knee bang against the lumber. “Ah, son of a-“ she stopped as she turned her head, seeing the man in a suit eyeing her from where he stood a few feet away.

She saw the dark-skinned person’s eyes go up and down her, feeling her skin crawl as he took in her exposed legs and abs, though it seemed merely in appraisal and not leering. What’s more, the suited-man’s expression was that of confusion, which was more than what Selena wanted at that moment. 

“Aaaa-aaa-I…” she continued her words, dipping into the first tone and voice she could think of. “I, like, totally didn’t, like, see that there! Do you, like, think they could, like, move it? Like?”

She jutted her hip to the side and tilted her head, one hand on her hip while she gestured to the man standing near her. The guest gave a raised eyebrow before turning his head and moving further into the crowd.

“Okay! Like, whatevs!” Selena called out, snapping her fingers before turning to lean on the bar, feeling sick to her stomach. There was no part of her that didn’t feel utterly stupid and disgusted with herself. What the hell had she just been doing? Had all those months of having to watch Holly Adam’s filth of a ‘realty-show’ and listening to Holly’s friend, Candi Hart, incessantly butcher the English language finally start having an effect? 

I can already feel a headache starting just from talking like that… she thought, reaching up a hand to rub her temple, using the sturdy wood of the bar as support. Lifting her gaze, she was slightly surprised at the gray eyes that met hers – forcing her to shove her shades up her nose to hide her own sapphire eyes.

“Hi.” Came the voice of the young man, seemingly in his twenties, one of the many bartenders serving tonight – which wasn’t surprising considering the mass of people in attendance. “How can I serve you?”

Okay…here I go again…Already in deep. Selena mentally moaned before slapping on a smile before the young boy. “O-M-G! So…. I’m a friend of Tom-Tom – he’s, like, the super-hot, owner here! Like tattoos – so sexy! – and, like, he said that all drinks are free, yeah?”

“Yes, ma’am.” The bartender nodded. “By order of Mr. Valentine for his engagement.”

“Totally! They’re gonna be, like, so, so, like, SOOOOOO….” She hated holding the word that long! “OOOOOO happy! Imma gonna bring, all my girls my boi’s wedding!”

“I’m sure he’ll appreciate it.” The boy nodded. “Can I get you a drink?”
“Of course you can, you sweet boi!” Selena remarked, flashing her teeth in a smile. “I’ll take a screwdriver, EXTRA base!”
“One screwdriver-“
“Oh, make it, like, a virgin, a’right?!” Selena called out, stopping the bartender in his tracks to shoot her a quizzical look.

“I’m sorry?” he asked.
“A virgin – you know…” Gods, she hated what she said next. “Like you, sweet stuff.” Is it possible for a mind to gag and vomit a little? Cause that’s what I’m feeling.

“You want…a virgin screwdriver?” The bartender asked.
“You got it.”
“So…you want orange juice.”
“Is that what that is?! I always thought, like, oranges were a color and how do you make ‘juice’ out of a color? Like plum and purple, ya know?” She had no idea.

Understandably disturbed by this strange conversation, the bartender simply nodded his head before turning back to bar and counters of drinks. Reaching into the small fridge nearby, he pulled out a carton of orange juice, fill a cup before handing it – still puzzled – to Selena, who took it with a smile, sipping.

“Mmmm, peachy!” she grinned. “Oh! Have you, like, seen a big-headed guy here?”
“Big-headed guy?” the bartender asked.
“You know – he’s got a big head but no skin? Like, what the bone is? Skull! He’s got a skull for a head!”
“We…all have skulls.” The young man replied.
“Yeah but his is, like, super big!”

“No…. I haven’t seen anyone like that.” The bartender shook his head.
“Oh, okay! Well, I totally owe you for the super drink! Like tell Tom-Tom to give you a raise!”
“I guess I will.”

Quickly, the boy turned to gratefully get away from the purple-haired woman to serve another guest, leaving Selena to continue scanning the crowds for any sign of ‘Big-Head’. I should totally – NO! – I should really call him that from on.

A flash of white grabbed her attention, forcing the disguised Snow Queen to spy the veil that seemed to flow the short distance from where it stood to the bar as it reached its destination. Despite herself, Selena’s eyes followed the white-silk until her eyes reached its wearer, causing her spine to stiffen a little and her heart to jump, and not in a good way like with Deanna.

For standing there was Selena’s original opponent: Kandis.

Oh shit! Oh shit! Oh shit! Selena’s mind screamed as she turned around, presenting her back to the bar staff and customers, gripping her cup tightly. This was exactly what she had been trying to avoid! She tried to breath slowly, as if to compel her heart to stop hammering in her chest. Why the hell was she here?! She was endangering her mission with SCW! She was endangering bringing integrity to the World title! There was no way Tommy or Kandis would miss a chance to take her out of SCW, maybe for good, if they saw her! Damn you, Killjoy! her mind repeated over and over again as she stood against the bar.

Slowly, as the minutes passed and she spied other people coming towards the bar to sit, effectively adding a sort of buffer between her and the bride-to-be, Selena slowly turned her head, allowing herself to steal a glance towards the woman.

Kandis was sitting on one of the barstools and hadn’t seen her, thank Odin. In her hands, she was nursing a glass of champagne – if Selena’s years as a server with Liam’s Bar and Grill over in Nome was worth anything to go by. As for the woman herself, Selena had to do a double-take when she spied what the former Tag-Champion was wearing. If the world champion thought her own clothes were skimpy, than the woman-of-the-hour of this event was positively scandalous! Aside from the veil and a matching garter on one leg, all Kandis wore was a matching white bra and panties, with a necklace that matched her large ring - she was practically in her underwear, sitting with someone similarly dressed but their colors were a pale green.

Seeing the engagement ring, even from here – Selena’s thumb of her left hand moved to stroke her bare ring finger, her heart aching at the absence of the symbol of her and Deanna’s love and vows to one another. Of course, neither woman could wear their rings while under disguise.

Despite herself, Selena turned her head a little more to take another look at the ring Kandis wore, yet her eyes were distracted by the one thing that stuck out like a sore thumb against the ‘fitting’ attire of the bride-to-be. The hinge brace that was strapped against Kandis’ knee, which the woman was currently adjusting before returning to her drink.

Despite herself, the sight made Selena’s heart ache a little. She didn’t like Kandis anymore than she liked Tommy. The two were obnoxious and arrogant and entitled. They were brats that thought they ran SCW when they had done nothing to show or prove it. They flaunted everything about themselves as the supposed ‘It Couple’ of SCW and… yes, Selena thought that Kandis was a bit on the ‘classless’ side with the way she handled herself and the way she dressed.

Even so, the young champion could not stop the bitterness she felt at seeing Kandis’ brace. She was upset – she recognized the emotion instantly. She had no problems facing Tommy Valentine, could even see the benefits in doing so for her mission of ‘integrity’, but Kandis deserved the shot. Kandis was the one that had worked hard to enter into singles competition. Even Selena could admit that. Now, not only was she having to deal with losing her biggest chance, but also have to deal with it on her engagement party? Possibly her wedding if the issue persisted.

“It’s not fair…” Selena whispered to herself, her eyes turning away to gaze at her orange juice. “It’s just not fair.”

“Drink?” a voice came from behind her, it’s sound a little chipper.
“No thanks…” Selena shook her head without turning around, forgetting about her ‘act’. “I’ve got one already.”

“Oh, well, in that case…” she felt someone leaning towards her from behind. “How about a dance?” The voice was suddenly behind her and its tone had shifted – altered – to something beyond familiar. A voice that made her drop her drink, the cup of orange juice crashing to the ground. Still, she couldn’t turn around. Her body would not obey her.

“I like the shades.” the voice mocked her. “Did you really think you could hide from me?”

Slowly, the figure walked around Selena until he was facing her, forcing Selena to come face to face with the figure. He wore the same outfit he always wore: the leather jacket and black pants. But his face… it was not a skull, but rather a porcelain-resin mask with cracks etched into it. It was stark white and was shaped like a human’s face, complete with a nose and mouth, the expression no less haunting than that damned skull. 

“I….” Selena tried, taking a deep breath as she rolled her shoulders. “I like the face.” She finished lamely.

“Well…” Killjoy tilted his head. “We both dress for the occasion.”

Biting her lower lip, Selena looked left and right, her eyes scanning the space for not only Deanna, but also for anywhere she could go to talk to Killjoy – preferably away from the still-nearby Kandis.

“Shall we sit and talk?” she asked, her voice shaking a little due to her nerves.
“I believe I asked you for a dance.”

Selena’s sapphire eyes went wide as she saw the masked bastard offer a gloved hand to her.

“Are…” she almost laughed at the absurdity of such a sight. “Are you serious?”
“Do I look like I’m joking?” he answered in his distorted tone.
“I didn’t come here to dance with you.” Selena’s eyes narrowed and her jaw clenched. “I came here to talk.”
“Dance first, then we’ll talk.” Killjoy declared. “Or…” his hand started to move, raising a little higher. “I could always get the future-bride’s attention and ask her to-“

The pale hand shot out to take his hand before he could finish the threat, regaining the masked-man’s attention. For the umpteenth time, Selena felt her stomach clench as Killjoy squeezed her hand, carefully guiding her through the path, around various guests until they were both on the dance floor, the taller Killjoy giving a subtle gesture towards the DJ.

“I hope you can keep up.” Killjoy seemed to mock.

“I hope I step on and break a few of your toes.” Selena replied as a set of familiar chords filled her ear as Marc Anthony’s “I Need to Know” began to play, causing the Snow Queen to cast a concerned glance at Killjoy. “You…I mean…”

“Best not to step on my toes.” He replied back smugly before suddenly moving, wrapping his free arm around Selena’s waist while simultaneously stepping forward, forcing Selena to immediately attempt to the follow position as Killjoy lead. Taking both of her hands, Killjoy spun out, Selena just barely able to spin out with him!

The masked man pushed and pulled. He stepped forward and stepped back – his movements etched in with the notes and his timing was just that: well timed. To anyone observing, it was a simple Cha Cha that looked well-presented.

To Selena: nothing had ever felt more wrong.

None of it fit! The way her hand was in his, the way their bodies moved together, the way she wanted to run away every time he ‘released’ her hand, yet there he would be to ‘take it’ less than a second later before she could even contemplate fleeing – it all was WRONG! It all felt WRONG! 

And the longer the song progressed, the longer that feeling of wrongness grew until Selena could feel tears stinging the back of her eyes. She was too scared of messing up and thus, making a scene and gaining the attention of the party’s hosts. Desperately, with each turn and spin, her eyes shot out around her, desperately looking for her beloved wife. She needed Deanna! When she had danced with Deanna in the community center in Nome before the shooting, whenever they had danced in their kitchen in Manhattan or even done a bit of shuffling on the bus for fun – Deanna had always felt perfect in her arms. 

She was the only one that felt right in the woman’s arms…

Where are you? Selena’s mind cried. Where are you?

But still, the music played and still, she forced herself to comply to every demand Killjoy made on her body until, at last, he had dipped her low towards the ground as the song ended, stiffly pulling her back up to her feet, Selena immediately taking a step away from him as the tormentor gave a mocking ‘gentleman’s’ bow to her. Rot in hell, you bastard. Selena mentally cursed as Killjoy, once more, closed the distance so she could hear him.

“Now, then…”

“SOMEONE PLAY A DRINKING GAME WITH ME!” 

The voice came as a shock to both ‘dancers’ as they turned to see a woman drunk and dancing on a nearby table, some people unnerved by her antics while others were cheering her on.

“QUARTERS! NEVER HAVE A I EVER! THE ONE WITH THE BALLS! I DON’T CARE!” exclaimed the girl, shaking her hips to the music playing. “Come on, guys!” she shouted to the people near her and her table. “Don’t be pussies!”

Despite herself, recognition slowly ebbed it’s way into Selena’s mind! It was Nicole Kinneck! Or, rather, it looked like Nicole Kinneck. The girl was always friendly and kind to Selena whenever they ran into each other backstage at SCW events, but the poor girl had multiple personalities and, judging from the rocker-punk outfit of leather and fishnets, it was clear the kind girl that liked Selena was not at the ‘driver’s seat’ of Nicole’s mind. Sadly, Selena wasn’t sure which personality it was, which was the first thing that stopped her from going over there to see if Nicole or whoever it was was okay. The other reason was, if Nicole was there…there was a chance that Ravyn was there as well, which was the last thing Selena needed to be seen by – another person that wanted her hurt.

The third reason stood just the side, oddly quiet through all of this noise. Fortunately, a few people seemed to join ‘Nicole’ and begin a quiet game, effectively settling the matter down and allowing the party to resume without any difficulty.

The moment passed and everything returning to its usual state of ‘noise/partying’, Selena turned her head to return her gaze back to Killjoy – only to find an empty space to where the man had stood. The masked-bastard was gone.

No! No! No! Selena’s mind screamed as she turned on the spot, scanning this way and that for any sign of him! Of course he would pull a stunt like this! Force her to be here, make her dance with with – her skin shuddered and crawled, still feeling those leather-gloves hands on her! – only to bail at the last second and give nothing but discomfort and torment to Selena!

No different than Vixen Cain, Xander Valentine, Giovanni Aries, and Thomas- No!

Selena stopped her rampaging mind and ordered herself to calm down. Those people were nothing like Killjoy. Yes, they had lacked morals and, yes, they were ruthless in their seeking Selena’s defeat. But, even Tommy, with his hatred of Selena – so like Xander Valentine’s obsession with the Snow Queen years ago – only sought out her pain and, at worst, injury. She was certain that even Tommy Valentine did not wish Selena’s death or the death of anyone Selena loved.

That’s where Killjoy was different. 

But even so, Selena could not let her emotions get the best of her now. She needed to think clearly. She needed to see things like she had when she had faced The Brand last week in that tag match. Maybe it was having Deanna with her in the Frozen Central or maybe it was seeing Ace Marshall, Giovanni Aries, Kimberly Williams and so many others talking about her – the Snow Queen living in the heads of so many bitter superstars, all trying to discredit her title reign while hypocritically asking for her attention and a ‘title shot’, or in Kimberly’s case, running from one. Whatever the reason, a calmness had come over Selena last week, allowing her to see her opponents a little differently and even mock Giovanni a little, something she never thought would have been possible with such a mastermind.

With the roar of the crowd around her, Selena closed her eyes, staying still on the spot. She was sure she was still concealed by the crowd, but part of her no longer cared. She slowly inhaled and exhaled.

Inhale.
Exhale.
Inhale.
Exhale.

“Conceal…” she whispered, her breath barely a wisp on the air – even she almost didn’t hear her own words. “Don’t feel.”

Reaching a hand up, Selena pulled off her sunglasses to give one more scan of the room. She sought every balcony, table, booth, door and even the bar where Kandis was still sitting – with a large behemoth of a man standing nearby her, Selena assumed was the woman’s bodyguard, which made sense considering the bride-to-be’s injury and how often these kind of events played out with some kind of scandal or someone getting more than they bargained for.

Still, she left Kandis alone, continuing her slow scan of the space until she spotted him standing at the exit! Not just leaving, and not hurrying out the door, but just standing there, his ‘eyes’ on her – as if waiting.

Satisfied that she was watching him, Killjoy gave a nod to Selena before disappearing out the door. It was all Selena needed to see before her heeled feet moved, in pursuit of the mastermind as she weaved through the crowd, whispering out as polite “Excuse me”s as she could until she had reached the door. Pushing the entrance open, the young woman travelled down the hallway/lobby – she wasn’t sure what to call the space she walked, small as it was, until the cool breeze of the Californian weather hit her. To her right, she could see the still-existing lineup of people arriving to be allowed entrance into the club - Gods, Tommy is probably loving this much attention. she thought, allowing her eyes to roll as the large crowd, many of whom she was sure were simply here for the ‘free booze’ her challenger had promised them – before looking up and down the streets for any sign of-

She spotted him disappearing down an alley and was, immediately, back on the chase, ignoring whatever sounds or ‘cat-calls’ she heard as she walked the sidewalk as best as she could. She was too focused to consider her appearance or what it ‘triggered’ in the ‘nightlife’ of Santa Barbara. Turning into the alley, she was surprised to see how long it went, even twisting a little, a sort of ‘path’ or ‘maze’ that spaced the buildings around The Starmaker apart a little. Still, there were only two directions available to her – she could either go back to the club or continue further. 

Not really a choice… Selena huffed at the thought, giving her head a shake before she walked further into the alleyway, her eyes catching the black, rusty steps of old fire escape-staircases crafted into the walls. She passed by a large dumpster, also showing its years with its rust and discoloration, not to mention the holes in the plastic lid.

The setting was almost fitting in Selena’s mind, much in the same way the club was fitting of Kandis and Tommy. They both had – especially Tommy – bragged about their ‘rock n’ roll lifestyle’, Tommy even recently flaunting it, how had he put it? 

The rock n’ roll lifestyle…
The hot girl on my arm…
More money than I can count…

Despite her current predicament, the scantily-dressed woman could not stop her eyes from scanning down to observe her own attire and the large amounts of bare skin on display. No, such a lifestyle wasn’t for her. Even in her years in Nome, she was not the ‘party girl’. Such scenes had been more Gavin’s thing before he grew out of it. For a moment, though, Selena allowed her mind to wander – wondering how would things be like if she WERE such a person. If she wore revealing outfits like the one she had on or what she had seen on Kandis (she shuddered a little at the unpleasant memory). What if she flaunted her wealth like some kind of spectacle, lording it over the SCW Universe? If she was good not because she had heart, but because she was ‘superior in every way’ or some trope like that?

Quickly, she shook her head to dispel the thoughts. It all sounded so fake! The lifestyle, the bragging – she had come from nothing! Her current circumstances had been partly her but partly her father looking out for her. Regardless, she owed some of it to herself but so much more of it to her father, her wife, and to SCW – the fans and management and the people that had helped her get better and survive the trying times… How could anyone be so arrogant and entitled when such a thing was true?

It made no sense, even in Tommy’s case! Didn’t he have help with David Helms? Jake Starr? Even her sister Regan Street? She was sure the list was long with all the people that had helped Tommy out and yet he wanted to flaunt himself as some entitled ‘superbeing’ – a ‘Dream Killer’ when his dreams were being realized at the help of so many? It was disgusting-

A large sound broke Selena’s temporary musing, an attempt to calm herself as she drew further into the alley, though now her heart was racing again at the sound. Jerking her head towards it, she almost jumped out of her skin and few clothes as a black cat appeared from behind one of the trashcans sitting against the wall, looking up at Selena.

“Meow.” The creature replied before scampering away, causing Selena to breath a sigh of relief-

“Seven years bad luck.” Came the haunting voice, causing the wigged-platinum-blonde to almost choke on that sigh, her body twisting to see her target leaning against the wall. Though his attire was the same, the mask was long gone, replaced by that terrifying black-skull once more. Despite herself, Selena tried to remember the insult she had though of back at the bar in The Starmaker, something to give her more confidence, but the sight of that skull drove the thoughts out of her head.

Instead, she closed her eyes, taking in a deep breath before exhaling, her mantra repeating on instinct in her mind.

“Was all of this necessary?” she asked, crossing her arms over her chest.
“Necessary?” Killjoy tilted his head, adopting Selena’s arms-crossed over chest position. “No. Fun? Yes.”

“Is that all this is for you? Fun?” Selena asked with a scoff. “You murder people, endanger lives – for fun?”
“We both know this is so much more than that.” The skulled-being replied, kicking himself off of the wall and moving to stand a few yards away from Selena. “We both know this is bigger than that.”

His words caused Selena to bite her lower lip. She had spoken such familiar words before in her promos. While other people were scoffing at her, calling her a ‘fraud’ or a ‘fake champion’ or whatever, Selena had chosen to emphasize how every match was much larger than simply winning or losing. How she was fighting for the integrity of the world title and also SCW. Similar words coming from Killjoy, however, just felt wrong – a familiar feeling of disgust further filling her.

“I don’t know anything.” Selena huffed. “All I seem to be doing is watching you burn everything around me.”
“Which has been very disappointing to watch.” Killjoy seemed to ‘sigh’, shaking his head. “You have everything you need to figure this out.” He stated. “I gave you your clue.”

“You asked me to find a needle in a haystack!” Selena shot back. “Malcolm has decades of files – thousands of them! And you want me to track down one particular ‘project’ of his?! And how am I supposed to do that when YOU are threatening my children?!”

“Your children?” Killjoy asked, tilting his head the other way. “How have my actions endangered them?”

For a moment, Selena’s mouth hung open in shock. Did…did Killjoy not know? Had he not figured it out? Was something missing?

For the first time ever, Selena could see a chink in the armor – a blindspot in Killjoy. He didn’t know everything, or if he did, he was great at hiding it.

“You…” she started slowly, her heart pounding inside of her chest. “You’re helping Ryan become mayor of Nome.”
“I am.” Killjoy stated, a hint of annoyance in his voice – though it felt to Selena that it was not directed at her.
“Well, that’s how.”
“Explain.” Killjoy demanded, his altered, deep voice sounding more like an agitated growl.

“Ryan wants custody of David and Elsianna. Presently, there is no law that permits that since he’s a donor for one and signed a contract at Malcolm’s ‘insistence’. But, as mayor, he plans to reinvent those laws and grant himself custody somehow.”

“Why?” Killjoy asked. “What does he hope to gain with taking them?”

“Aside from destroying me?” Selena asked, placing a hand over her heart. “Malcolm Scythe left David and Elsianna – his grandchildren – a fortune. Far greater than he left Gavin and Ryan. Ryan is bitter and wants it all for himself. He feels he deserves it.”

There was a moment of silence between the two – tormentor and tormented – and Selena almost feel those eyeless sockets reading her, studying her for any sign of deception.

“Even in death…” came Killjoy’s slow response. “Malcolm continues to surprise me.”

“It’s what he’s best at.” Selena replied, a part of her actually missing the old man – wishing he were here to give her guidance on the being before her.

“This…changes things.” Killjoy stated, lifting his head at her. 
“How so?” Selena asked, taking a step towards the masked-murderer.

“The two Scythes were meant to war with one another, not drag you into it. I did not believe you would ever help either of them: Ryan for abandoning you and Elsianna and all his other crimes and your childhood hatred of Gavin. I wanted Nome to burn with their obsession to take over their father’s position. I did not anticipate Malcolm tying you into it with his decision.” He seemed to be reflective, looking off down the alley before shifting his head and glare back to Selena. “I assume this is why you contacted me?”

“Yes.” Selena admitted, a flutter of hope filling her, despite herself, at Killjoy’s ignorance. “I know you hate me-“

“I don’t hate you.” 

Selena stopped – her words dropping to silence.

“What?” Killjoy asked, tilting his head. “You are surprised?”
“You wish to destroy me but you don’t hate me?!” Selena asked.
“Correct.” 

“That doesn’t make sense!” Selena all but screamed. “How can you want someone destroyed when you don’t hate them?!”

The answer came in a cruel laugh from the skulled-man. “You would know the answer if you knew about Project: Black Ice.”

“Then what is it?! Why couldn’t you just tell me?!”

“Because if I had…” Killjoy turned his gaze back over to the woman. “You would blame me. You would hold me accountable for what it will do to you. No… you chose to unlock this. You are chose to find out the truth. You could have just walked away… and waited for when I come to kill you.”

“Death or destruction? That’s not a choice!” Selena countered.
“It’s more than what I had!” countered Killjoy, anger in his voice. “I was never given a choice. I was never given any options or months and months of free time! You have disappointed me at every turn since Rise to Greatness!” he spat. “So consumed with your integrity-“

“Did you know?” Selena asked, cutting him off. “Did you know that Tommy would be chosen as my opponent? Is that why we are here? Part of your ‘fun’?”

Killjoy was silent for a moment, his expression unreadable under that skull helmet. “What do you think?” he answered. “Either I am far more powerful than you realized – or you’re far more afraid than you’re willing to admit… either way, I’ll keep THAT answer to myself.”

The familiar circles – that feeling of anger and disgust filled Selena. Once more, Killjoy was teasing her, testing her, anticipating her every move. Stay focused… she told herself, Jean’s words echoing in her mind. He is not the immediate threat…Ryan is.

“You want me to unlock Project: Black Ice? 
“I do.”
“But you admit…” she took another step towards Killjoy. “You admit that your actions and this war with the Scythes is distracting me! It needs to be resolved. Because my children will always come first.”
“A sad reality.” Killjoy replied.

“Then help us.” Selena implored. “Take Ryan out of the equation! Once my children are safe, I promise you that I will go back to finding out about the project. I will spend every moment of free time I have. Every second! Jean, Zelda, even Gavin will help Deanna and I.”

No answer came right away. Instead, Killjoy merely tilted his head, his ‘eyes’ never leaving Selena. “And how do you purpose I get rid of Ryan?” he asked, a knowingness in his voice.

“I…” Selena tried. “I don’t know. You know him. You clearly have the means – and I don’t really think you would work with a Scythe without some kind of plan to deal with him if he ever backstabbed you.”

“All interesting points and valid points.” Killjoy replied, again crossing his arms. “But that isn’t what I asked. How do YOU, Selena Frost, what me to get rid of him?”

“I don’t care!” Selena countered with a shrug. “Blackmail him, scare him off like you did Gavin, discredit him-“

“Kill him?”

Again, Selena stopped dead in her tracks, her voice choking inside her throat. “Wh…what?”

“You heard me.” Killjoy replied, it now being his turn to take a step forward. “The simplest and easiest way. The man bragging of being Nome’s ‘savior’ from the ‘killer’ is his latest victim. Ryan is exposed. Gavin is left as the only choice and will be heralded if I no longer act out against Nome.”

“But then Ryan dies.” Selena’s voice shook.

“Who cares?!” Killjoy shrugged his shoulders. “Can you honestly tell me that you’d lose any sleep on that?”

Her jaw clenched and her throat leapt up to meet it. The truth was, she wouldn’t. She had been saddened by Malcolm’s murder but the few months of kindness he had given her did not absolve him of the decades of wickedness. Part of her was glad the old man was gone – she could not deny that – no longer a potential threat to her family and Ryan was becoming far worse because of his obsession and anger against her. Even so…

“I do not believe killing is ever the answer.” She replied, her voice shaking. “If I could stop Malcolm with the skeletons in his closet years ago, we can do the same with Ryan.”

“And you have time for such an endeavour?” Killjoy growled. “What about me?”

“What about you?!” Selena countered, her annoyance spiking. “This is all YOUR fault, I might add. You killed Malcolm and then tried to kill Gavin. He was winning the people over! He could have won but because of YOUR actions, I’ve had to get more and more involved.”

“And I am offering you a solution.”

“More killing is NOT a solution!” Selena stated harshly.
“It’s an excellent motivator.” Countered the monster standing before her. “In fact, let’s use it.”

“What?” Selena shook her head a little. “What are you talking about?”

“I have given you a year to try and put everything together – from the moment I called you back in Oberwesel, you have had the chance to figure things out. You chose to ignore me until you couldn’t anymore. Then, when I gave you the means to uncover all this, you’ve let yourself be distracted-“

“Because of you!”

“- And when I offer you a solution, you waste my time with your morality. So, instead of helping you, I’m going to give you no other choice.”

“What- what do you mean?”

Rolling his shoulders back, Killjoy took one last step forward, now only a few inches away from Selena – almost as close as when they had been dancing together. “I am done being patient.” Killjoy warned. “At midnight, on the election night, after they announce the new mayor… if you have not figured out who I am and what this is all about… then I will kill another person.”

“No!” Selena cried out. “That isn’t enough time! What about my children?”
“Not my problem.” Killjoy mocked. “Midnight – June 1st  - one hour after they’ve announced the new mayor. Or someone will die.”

Helpless, Selena stared up at Killjoy. “Who?” she asked. “You’re going to kill Ryan? To motivate me?”

“No.” Killjoy slowly shook his head. “That ship has sailed. Since you don’t want me to kill Ryan to put me as a priority, then I’ll pick someone far more important-“

“No!” Selena cried out, immediately knowing what those words inferred.

“Yes.” Killjoy nodded. “Do I have your attention now?” he asked mockingly. “Find out the truth… or Deanna will die.”

The words had barely left Killjoy’s ‘mouth’ when Selena’s foot flew out, striking Killjoy in the chest and sending the man back a few inches, though he stayed on his feet. “You’re not touching her!” barked Selena.

She tried to rush forward, only to realize that kick had broken one of her high heels. The imbalance made her stumble forward, where she was met with a massive clothesline from Killjoy, a blow that flipped Selena around, causing her to crash front first onto the concrete beneath her, the cold wet stone driving the air out of her lungs.

Desperately, she tried to breath as her hands fought to push her back up, but a strong boot pushed into her back, keeping her down.

“Your children… or your wife…” Killjoy mocked. “Make your choice.”

The foot suddenly was off Selena but a swift kicked to her exposed abdomen kept her grounded, her ears filling with the sound of footsteps leaving her. When she had the ability to breath, her head jerked up to glare around her.

Killjoy was gone.

In the far distance, Selena could still hear the sounds of the Engagement Party at The Starmaker, a world she wanted no part of. Her eyes looked down at herself, seeing the dirt and dirty water that covered her clothes – clothes that she would never wear!

All for a deal that she could never make. And an ultimatum…

“Fool…” she spit out angrily pounding her fist like a hammer into the ground. “What the fuck did you expect?!” she half-roared, half-cried. Of course Killjoy would only want murder! What the fuck else would he suggest?! What did he gain from cherishing life or morals or integrity?!

“Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!” her voice cried, her fist still pounding away on the ground, her cries becoming less and less anger and more and more sobbing. 

Don’t do this! This isn’t you. Making deals with monsters. This isn’t who you are. Don’t make this deal. Don’t give him that power over you. He’s already taken so much from you… what if… what if our children are next… or me… or… Or you…

“Oh gods…” the tears came freely from Selena’s eyes as she wrapped her arms around herself. Deanna had warned her – warned her because she knew. Knew better than her.

All of this had been wrong! NONE of this was Selena! Selena Frost didn’t make deals with monsters! Selena Frost didn’t dress like this – she clawed at her bare sides in disgust. – Selena Frost didn’t even consider murder as an option! Selena Frost didn’t go to clubs! Or dance with murderers! Or talk with the word ‘like’ after every word! Or hide from opponents in public! Or…or…or…

Angrily, her hands reached up and pulled at her wig, ripping it off and throwing it with all she had across the alley! Her hands thrashed into her platinum-blonde locks, freeing them from whatever pins were still in there, ignoring any pain she felt. But she could only do so much before the emotions overwhelmed her, leaving her to simply collapse back onto her legs from her kneeling position, her arms wrapped around her again as she cried – no longer caring if anyone found her, be it Tommy or Kandis. 

“How…” she barely whispered. “I can’t save them all.” She whispered. “I…I can’t…”

As the sobs and tears kept coming, she barely felt the long coat gently places around her frame. Barely heard the sound of footsteps and someone kneeling down towards her.

But she felt the arms wrapping around her frame. And, despite the despair in her heart, Selena recognized it. Where she had felt nothing but wrong and disgust dancing with Killjoy, she felt the heartbreaking perfection of these arms. The perfect size, hold, pressure, everything! 

Despite herself, the sobbing Snow Queen reached out to cling to the suited Deanna, the woman holding onto Selena, partly out of relief but also out of concern. “I’m here.” She whispered to Selena, not needing to know the details to know what had occurred. “It’s okay.”

“You were right.” Selena shook her head against Deanna’s form. “You were always right.” She cried, uttering the single word ‘sorry’ over and over again. 

They stayed like that for several minutes, Selena simply crying into her wife’s form until she had run out of tears and sobs. When Deanna felt her wife calming, she leaned back and held her wife a little back as well.

“Let’s go home.” She ordered Selena, her voice strong as she helped the trembling Snow Queen to her feet. “We have a lot of work to do...”

Despite herself, Selena nodded her head, letting her wife hold her as they walked together back to their park in the Starmaker parking lot, the taller Selena stumbling with her broken heel under her. She would tell Deanna everything in the days to come, that was for sure, and she would even regain enough of herself to make a daring challenge to Tommy Valentine through The Royal Letter…

But as the days passed and Hollywood to the South, the election, and everything else drew closer and closer, one thought would persist in the Snow Queen’s mind as she and the others continued to work.

And that was the very real fact that their time was effectively running out…

SCW Television Champion

[Image: tetXUW1.gif]

The camera opens up to reveal the interior of the State Farm Arena in Atlanta, the site for tonight’s SCW Pay-Per-View, Hollywood of the South. The camera takes in the tens of thousands of empty seats, the large screen at one side of the arena with a rampway, and the wrestling ring at the center of it all. Familiar arctic blue and white lights stream down from above from different angles to illuminate the ring as the camera slowly fades to a closer shot.

It is then that the audience can see the woman standing in the middle of the ring, her head down and her eyes closed, softly breathing. She wears a long-sleeved shirt with snowflakes cascading down the left side and arm, the shoulder of which supports the SCW World Championship, blue jeans and black running shoes. Her hair is tied in a shorter version of its iconic braid.

Without a doubt, with such a look, this is the SCW World Champion Selena Frost, who takes a slow, deep breath before opening her eyes and lifting her head, staring into the camera and her audience. If a word is to describe her in this moment, it is comfortable. The Face of SCW appears comfortable in her clothes, in her ring, with her title – a feeling of serenity that sweeps across her features.

I must admit, I’m a little disappointed, Thomas.

Slowly, the Snow Queen shakes her head a little. A week ago, I laid down a challenge to you. I looked into a camera just like this one and I dared you to come at me with everything you have. To push the envelope. To rise up to a new standard – the new standard of SCW that is becoming more and more real with each passing day. To think outside the box, not just because you hate me. Not just because you’re a bitter man when it comes to me, but for Kandis. And not just for her but because this is for the SCW World Championship. And not just because of that, but because it’s you vs. me.

She gestures to the space between herself and the camera as she speaks. Because you and me, Tommy? We can go back and worth on rhetoric and vernacular. You can hypocritically throw around statements that I ‘look down on you’ while simultaneously proclaiming how ‘a bell saved me’ when you and Kandis answered a challenge Deanna and I laid forward a few weeks ago and how you ‘showed your superiority over me’ that night. I can talk about how I’m trying to keep competition worthwhile and filled with integrity. You can go on and on about supposedly being my kryptonite, and I can go on and on about believing and rising above hate.

With her free hand, Selena gestures to the empty seats in the arena, which will soon be filled with fans. And these people – these amazing people that watch us? Well, they are free to choose their sides. They can decide if they want to team with you… she holds her hand out towards the camera before turning it towards herself. Or they can choose to side with me. You’ve said yourself for a long time now. You’ve got people that love to hate you and hate that they love you. You’ve got fans and you’ve got haters – a mixed bag. I’ve dealt with that myself for awhile. There are people, fan and superstar alike, that like me because they believe in what I stand for and then there are people that boo me because they don’t. And yet, every week, like deafening thunder, you can hear it. The two words I know you can’t stand: “We Believe! We Believe!”.

Thing is, Tommy. I wanted them to believe in you. I really did. That’s why I laid out that challenge to you. I wanted them to believe in my opponent. I wanted them to understand and see what I see. I wanted them to get excited about this match. I wanted them to believe in this world title match – believe in the world title more and more. I wanted them to pay attention to you and really listen to your words. To your decrees. Because, after all, why wouldn’t Thomas Valentine rise to the challenge? Just in his last match, he talked about ‘showing me how things were done’ – in a match he would eventually throw away in a tantrum. He talked about being more than I could handle!

So I thought a man of such power. A man of such conviction – surely he would rise to the challenge after criticizing me doing the same. That he’d ‘once again show me how it was done’.

Biting her lower lip in a sort of wince, Selena shrugs her shoulders. But oddly enough, the man that loves to talk about himself and hear himself talk about himself has been silent for the past week. The man that can, quote, ‘school me in the ring’… Selena uses her fingers to create the quotation marks. seems to be at a loss for words.

The Snow Queen shrugs. And maybe that isn’t his fault. Maybe he couldn’t find a guest on that new talk show of his - “Who’s Logic Is It Anyway?” – little hint, if he does it, he’ll be talking about me – it’s my logic he’ll be talking about. Or maybe I hit a nerve with him. Maybe he feels that he has nothing to prove with me. Maybe a man of Tommy Valentine’s accolades feels like he has nothing to prove to me, and he doesn’t. He doesn’t have to prove anything to me – you heard him during his tag-match promo. He’s got ‘superiority’ for days! He’s the ‘Dream Killer’. I’m sure Kandis gets it – everyone else? We’re still trying to figure it out.

Smiling, amused, Selena shakes her head. See, Tommy. I’ve listened to you audibly go on and on about being ‘better’ than me and about taking things from me and hurting me. And yet, every time you’ve opened your mouth, my reaction has been the same – just like it’s the same of every fan of SCW and True Believer that knows our history. I stop, I think about it, and I ask myself – what the hell are you talking about? adopting an incredulous look, Selena shakes her head.

You want to talk about being a dream-killer? You tried to kill Regan’s dream of being a tag-team champion and a supreme champion and my dream of teaming with my sister. For months, you talked down about her and about me as a tag-team, discrediting us because we hadn’t put in the years you did jumping from partner to partner, and you thought we would just fold and bend when things got tough and what happened? We rose above and we beat you and we achieved Regan’s dream! Regan can proudly say she not only is a former tag-team champion and a supreme champion – which, by the way, you have failed twice over to become – but she can also claim to have her Rise to Greatness moment on that same night standing in the ring with her husband, David, as he became World Champion. So where’s the dream-killing, Tommy?

She’s silent for a moment, as if anticipating an answer before raising her hand towards the camera. Or how about when last you faced me one-on-one? How many times did you promise to ‘kill my dreams underfoot’? To embarrass me and bring me down to depths I could never recover from. Selena’s eyes turn to the world title still on her shoulder. How did that go, Tommy?

Nodding her head, Selena turns on the spot to walk around the inside of the ring. See – that’s a night I won’t forget. The Breakdown following Rise to Greatness. Tommy Valentine, newly crowned tag-team champion proclaiming he would crush the dreams of Selena Frost, bitter over a nickname she was given and one that she has risen to prove time and time again – Tommy Valentine promising to cripple the Snow Queen and bring her down as if her success never happened, all she proved at Rise to Greatness never happened…

Well, what DID happen, Thomas?
she stops to turn her head towards the camera before turning to glare at the rampway.

That same man that had promised the world so much – promised the world to show them so much – rolled out of the ring in the middle of the match, threw his hands in the air and proceeded to walk out of the ring and up the ramp! And had it not been for Asher Hayes shoving him out of the way on his way to the ring to get to me, that man would have allowed himself to be counted out in defeat!

The world champion turns back to the camera. That’s right, Thomas. When push came to shove – when it was time to show the superiority you still claim to this day, YOU were the one that ran away. YOU were the one that gave up. But you want to get angry because I’m the Face of SCW and you’re not? What kind of ‘face’ runs away from a challenge, Tommy? What kind of ‘face’ gives up?

Shaking her head, Selena looks up and away, a small chuckle escaping her. You want to know why I got that name from Shawn Winters, Tommy? It’s because while you’re in the back, attacking people from behind, I was fighting monsters in the ring and beating them. While you were making excuses on your loses, I was beating legends and icons! While you were selling out your morals and blaming every single person other than yourself for your failings, I was taking every loss and upset and using it to become better! While you were running away from being an SCW superstar, I have been here redefining what a SCW superstar truly is!

Her voice echoes a little.

Because what happened after that match, Tommy? After all the ‘dream-killing’? I went on to hold the SCW World Championship longer than anyone! There’s not been a day this year where I have not been the SCW World Champion! I’ve redefined what being champion means and I continue to try and do so every single day. You? Where’s your world tag titles, Tommy? Where’s your Trios briefcase? Where’s your Adrenaline title? Where are the Jackals? Where’s Drake? Where is Minerva? Sharply, the Snow Queen gives a shrug of her shoulders.

Where are they, Mr. Superiority? Mr. Dream Killer?

You have been here for many many years, Tommy – and strange enough this is the moment where you’ve become the most relevant and it’s because of me. she places a hand on the world title on her shoulder. It’s because of this.

She pats the title with her hand as she shakes her head. It’s not because of Kandis or her injury or the spats you’ve done while running with the Jackals. It’s because you have been pulled up to a title and a match so massive, that it’s billed above Tactical Warfare! That should tell you how much this title has risen up above what it once was… when it’s seen as more important than a rare match like Tactical Warfare.

Selena takes a slow breath, standing back in the middle of the ring. You have been brought up to a level that you are NOT ready for, Tommy. I’m not saying you’re not tough, because I’ve been in the ring with you. And I know you’re accomplished – you remind us every time you come on camera. But I can look in your eyes just like I did on Breakdown, Tommy, and I could see it – you have no idea how to deal with this. You have no idea how to take this, or me on. You, the most arrogant man in SCW is DESPERATE! You are grasping as straws!

A knowing smile graces her features. Because what happened when you couldn’t put Ace Marshall away, Tommy? You grabbed a timekeeper’s bell. What happened when you couldn’t put away the current tag-champions? You disqualified yourself.

What I’m saying, Tommy, in case you haven’t figured it out is that your latest phase of ‘development’ or whatever you want to call it has revolved around one thing: Win by any means or lose by any excuse.

A concept where if you win, it’s ‘superiority’, but if you lose then it’s a ‘fluke’, ‘a cheap ploy’ or some kind of ‘conspiracy against you’.

Reaching up, Selena adjusts her braid a little, letting it hang over her other shoulder. You can hate what people call me. You can hate the words I say and how I dress and how I present myself. But through all of that, the wins and losses, from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows, I’ve always done it as me. Regardless of how my words are twisted, how I am mocked, how so many people repeat the same words you say, or how many people try and screw me out of my matches or tarnish my belief of integrity, I have stayed true to myself and my ideals.

She gestures to the camera. You? You’ve changed your ideology numerous times. You’ve sold out your friends and family. Abandoned your teammates. You stole from one of the greatest wrestlers of all time: David Helms, mocking his name of ‘The Last Shadow of Hope’. You’ve switched your nicknames over and over yet you, with all you’ve been given, all the chances you’ve had to make real change, you have the gall to hate me?

Again, that knowing smile as the world champion shakes her head. No, Tommy. The reason you hate me isn’t because I’m some fraud or fake champion. It’s not because I’m some liar or someone looking down on everyone else. It’s because it all comes back to you.

Who was it that called himself ‘the new standard’? Who was it that said he was going to redefine SCW all those years ago? Twelve years ago, you had that opportunity, Tommy. Twelve years ago, you were the SCW World champion. You had the chance to redefine SCW – to become the ‘new standard’ and you failed. Because if you look from that point on, the new standard wasn’t supreme championship wrestling. It wasn’t the best of the best. No! What we saw for the next twelve years, more often than not, was the same mentality:

Winning is all that matters.
The mere idea disgusts Selena, who bites her lower lip a little before continuing.

Shawn Winters, Bree Lancaster, Sienna Swann, Katie Steward, Christy Matthews, Shilo Valiant, the countless by Syren, Ace Marshall, Vixen Cain – the list is longer than you can imagine, Tommy. And you’ve had to sit through it all, watching as the standard of SCW became ‘hook or crook’. Where the strategy became using weapons and teammates to ambush and interfere. Where the champion wasn’t always ‘the best wrestler in SCW’ but the one with the most amount of friends helping them out.

And the guy that promised to become the ‘new standard’?
Sapphire eyes return to the camera.

He gave up and instead of becoming ‘the new standard’, became a follower of one. 

He quit. Just like with Ace. Just like with me. He threw his arms in the air and HE GAVE UP!

The platinum-blonde is silent for a moment as her words echo a little, the accusation beyond clear. And that’s the real reason you hate me, Thomas. The words I speak? The ideals I believe in? You hate me because, at one point, they were your ideals too. They were YOUR beliefs too. But you weren’t strong enough to hold onto them. You weren’t strong enough to believe in them and keep fighting for them and you hate me because I am strong enough.

I am strong enough to hold onto them. I am strong enough to usher in a ‘new standard’ for SCW. I am strong enough to handle the weight of being ‘The Face of SCW’! I am strong enough to do what you didn’t have the courage to do!

She shakes her head again. It’s not the catchphrases. Not the clothes. Not the look. Not the hair. It’s the truth! the last word echoes in the arena.

You hate me! You hate me so much that you’re going to do all you can to silence that truth. You are going to do all you can to destroy me because that’s the only option you’ve got left in your head. You want to ‘expose me’? You want to ‘kill my dream’? You want to show me your ‘superiority’? You think that is going to happen if you hit me with a timekeeper’s clock, Thomas? Or use a chair? Or a belt?

A laugh escapes the young woman. No, you want to prove to me I’m wrong? You want to make your claim against what I’ve earned? You want to silence the truth, Tommy Valentine? You’ve only got one option and you know it. she points at the camera, to her audience, to her opponent.

You need to rise to my standard. We all KNOW you’re going to come to Hollywood of the South. We all know you’re going to bash me and smash me and kick me and throw me around. You’re going to mock everything about me. You’re going to showboat, full of arrogance like you always do. All I have to do is beat you.

Are you realizing it now, Tommy? Is it starting to sink in? You want to end my dreams of integrity for this place? For the world title? You want to silence my voice? It’s not going to happen if you do what you’ve always done and give up. You have to shine! You have to overachieve! You have to beat me down so bad that I don’t get back up. That I CAN’T get back up. You have to beat me down so bad that the tens of thousands of SCW fans in this arena and the millions watching around the world are thrown into silence! You have to beat me so badly that it makes the beatings I’ve received in the past look like a slap on the wrist my comparison…

Taking a moment, Selena’s arm drops, as does her voice, a cold calmness taking hold. And you are good, Tommy. You’re good enough to be a legend. You’re good enough to be a Hall of Famer. You’re good enough to even challenge me for the World title. But good enough to do that? To destroy what’s been built? What I believe in? her eyes cold, she slowly shakes her head. You’re not THAT good.

There’s only two people in this world that’s been close to doing that – and your last name isn’t Street and your first name isn’t Xander.

Holding a hand up towards the camera, Selena gestures to it. What you will try to do, Tommy? You can’t do. What you want to do, Tommy, you don’t have the heart for. The passion. The resilience. Because when you think about all the times we’ve fought and all the times you’ve bragged about it later – one thing keeps slipping your mind. You’ve never pinned me. You’ve never made me submit. You have fought me, hit me with everything you’ve had… and then watched me get back up!

A knowing smile returns to Selena’s face. And that’s all I’m going to need to do tonight, Tommy. Is keep getting back up. After every kick, I get back up. After every knee and suplex, I get back up. Until you, inevitably, give up as you always do and go searching for a shortcut – go searching for a way out, an easy way out. All I have to do is get back up! 

And when you hit me with a chair like Ace Marshall – I’ll get back up.
Hit me with the belt like Cid Turner – I’ll get back up.
Hit me with the timekeeper bell? I will get back up!

I will keep getting back up until YOU can’t anymore. Until YOU, Thomas Valentine, quit just like you always have! Until this match becomes a defining moment for me, but for you? It becomes just another failure like all the others you’ve had since I became world champion!

Tilting her hand, the Snow Queen simply shrugs her shoulders. All I have to do is keep getting back up, even when you can’t anymore. Even when you’ve made every part of me hurt by doing so, I’m going to keep getting back up. Until you lay there, looking at the lights and wondering how you are going to explain to Kandis how you broke another promise – like the many you’ve broken all these years to SCW.

You may be a king. You may be stronger, smarter, or able to use your resources better than me, Thomas. But tonight in Atlanta? Nothing is going to protect you from the measuring stick that is the new standard. No one is going to be in your corner, ready to save you. Because the ‘new standard’? Is going to rise above you. And the only thing faster than your rise to the world title picture… will be your fall from it. One that you will not be able to get back up from.

Carefully, Selena holds up the SCW World championship, eyeing it before she returns her gaze to the camera. Believe it, Tommy. Because I’m just going to keep getting back up until you do!

With a lifted arm, Selena raises the title over her head as the camera locks on that image before fading to black.
[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
SCW Television Champion

OOC: The special guests appear with permission.

"See You At The Party, Richter"
[Image: jeNZaGV.png]

SCW Achievements

SCW Television Champion (x3)
SCW Tag Team Champion /w Kandis (x4)
SCW Tag Team Champion /w David Helms (x2)
SCW Tag Team Champion /w Jake Starr (x1)
SCW United States Champion (x1)
SCW Underground Champion (x2)
SCW World Heavyweight Champion (x1)
A Founding Member Of "The Connection"
A Founding Member Of "The Next Level"
Ranked 7th in the 2009 Taking Hold Of The Flame Battle Royal
Conquered The Thunderdome...and CHBK