Kimberly Williams vs. Diamond Steele
1 of 2
======

==========
April 1st, 2022
Sacramento, CA
Off Camera
==========

SCW Breakdown came to an early end for the sibling duo of Kimberly Williams and Marie Jones. The identical twins were supposed to compete against Selena Frost and Deanna Frost in the main event. But instead of fulfilling their obligations to SCW and its fans, the duo known as Twin Magic decided to walk out. They refused to compete. The House of Frost gained the victory via forfeit; meanwhile, Kimberly and Marie followed through on their threat to walk away from Breakdown and SCW.

For Kimberly Williams the past couple of months have been very frustrating. All she has ever wanted was a rematch for the SCW Underground Championship. She has wanted it since losing the championship to Lucas Knight. Instead she was passed over so that Lucas could defend against Konrad Raab (now known as Oktoberfest in Kimberly’s demented mind). Then instead of getting the first shot at the newly won title, Kimberly was again passed over so that Konrad could defend against Justin Davis. And while Kimberly was being passed over, SCW management had been trying to force her into a world championship match that she wanted no part of.

The Woman Scorned held no personal grudge against Selena Frost, at least not at first. But when SCW continued to pass Kim over for an Underground Title Match, and at the same time tried to force her into the world title picture, Kimberly just got angrier and angrier. Everyone has their breaking points and when they reach their breaking point, people tend to react negatively. How would a woman as demented as Kimberly Williams react when she reached her breaking point? In her case, she decided if she was going to be forced to endure this world title chase, then she would do it under her own terms. She would go out of her way to demean, devalue, and disrespect the very championship SCW wanted her to chase. Shaun Cruze and his mismanagement of SCW had brought this rage out in The Woman Scorned, so any and all blood that was shed would be on his hands.

Retribution has come and gone, the World Title Match ended with Selena Frost retaining the title, and Kimberly had hoped that this would be the end of it all. She had hoped that she could finally return to her true prize; the SCW Underground Championship. One can imagine her disappointment to find herself still in the gravitational pull of SCW World Champion Selena Frost. Yet as disappointed as she was, walking away from the Breakdown main event was a difficult one for Kimberly. As a matter of fact, one could argue that the decision wasn’t really Kim’s to begin with. Many of Kimberly’s decisions lately have been influenced by her twin sister, Marie Jones, who had returned to SCW programming back at the End of the Year Special.

After walking off the job, walking away from Breakdown, Kim’s twin sister Marie wanted to celebrate. She wanted to celebrate sticking it to SCW management. She wanted to go out to a bar and party. But Kimberly did not feel like celebrating. To be perfectly honest, Kimberly did not feel very good about how tonight went down. She has not felt good about how this entire situation has been handled at all. So she left Marie to her own devices while she returned to her hotel room to mope. The Woman Scorned is sitting on the edge of her bed dressed in her pink unicorn onesie. She is staring blankly ahead as she thinks about everything that has gone down lately. Kimberly just wanted to get a fair opportunity to regain the SCW Underground Championship. That’s all she ever wanted out of this. She didn’t want it to end like this. This feels very wrong.

A loud knocking breaks Kimberly out of her reverie. She hops up off of the bed and turns towards the door of her hotel room. The knocking is heard again and Kim waits and listens. A few moments later and she hears a voice from the other side…

“Kim! It’s me!”

“Me who?!” Kim demands. “I know plenty of people named me!”

“It’s your sister, Marie!”

“Oh, right!” Kim walks over to the door. She opens it and sees Marie standing there. The Phoenix is dressed in a black knee length leather skirt, black open toed heels, and a red silk blouse. Ordinarily Marie would have looked wasted after a night of partying but it is obvious that Kim’s twin sister decided not to engage in too much debauchery. “Hi, sis. You’re back a little early, aren’t you?”

“Yeah, well, I did find a bar. There was great music, dancing, but…”

“But what?”

Marie sighs. “It just wasn’t the same without you.”

“Awwww! You do care!” Kim says as she embraces Marie in a tight hug.

“Of course I care, Kim. Now may I come in?”

“Sure.” Kim steps aside and lets Marie enter. Kim shuts the door behind her. Then Kim walks over to the fridge and opens it up. She produces a bottle of Jack Daniels and offers it to Marie. “Want some booze?”

“Absolutely. But don’t you want any?”

“Not tonight.” Kim tosses Marie the full bottle of Jack Daniels. Marie catches it with ease. She looks at the bottle of Jack Daniels and then back up at Kim. Marie cocks her head to one side and studies her twin sister carefully.

“Are you ok, Kim? You seem a little off.”

“Me? Ok? Pffft, I’m never ok, Marie. You should know that by now. I mean, I was kidnapped at birth, raised by a sociopath, spent some time in a lunatic asylum, so why wouldn’t I be ok?”

“Whoa, whoa, calm down, sis.” Marie says.

“It’s hard to calm down right now, Marie.” Kim paces the room anxiously, nervously. Marie watches on cautiously as she pops the top on the Jack Daniels and begins to sip. “You know more about me than anyone else on that damned SCW roster. And you know better than anyone else how hard it is for me to trust people.”

“I know.”

“I only knew one woman as my mother for the first eighteen years of my life. I trusted her when she told me that my real mother hated me and abandoned me. I believed every word she said, not realizing all she was doing was using me, making me hate the world but specifically making me hate my own family, so that she could turn me against them. And do you know what I did to her?”

“You, uh…” Marie knows quite well what happened to the woman who served as Kimberly’s legal guardian for the first eighteen years of her life. Marie is afraid to mention the incident. But Kimberly is beyond caring at this point. A sinister grin forms on her face.

“I murdered her.” Kim approaches Marie menacingly, causing The Phoenix to slowly back away. “Then you came into my life. And despite everything I had ever done to you, including the time I kidnapped you and took over your life, you still tried to help me. You tried to make me normal. And I appreciate everything you have done.”

“It’s, uh, it’s what sisters are for, right?”

“You took me into your life. Despite warnings from our sisters, from our mother, you still gave me a chance. Ever since then I have been fiercely loyal to you, Marie. Even when you were dead wrong I still followed you like a loyal soldier. Remember Katya and her pact with Syren to take over SCW? I knew they were scum. Because I am scum and I know it when I see it. People like Syren deserve to burn. But you trusted her, you threw your lot with her, but I knew better. Did I stop you?” Kim shakes her head. “No, I listened to you. I was loyal…not to them, but I was loyal to you.”

“We all make mistakes…” Marie finds that she has backed against a wall. There is nowhere to go.

“So when you told me that you could help me get my fair shot at the Underground Championship I trusted you. Getting involved in Juneau Frost’s title defense against Holly wasn’t my idea, trying to screw Juneau out of the world title wasn’t my idea.” Kim pokes a finger at Marie. “It was your idea. You insisted that we needed to get SCW’s attention. You insisted that we needed to force them to sit up and take notice before they would listen to our demands. I thought it was a bad idea from the start but I trusted that you had my best interests at heart. I trusted that somehow this would ultimately lead to me getting an Underground Title Match. But tell me, Marie, what happened?”

“Uh…” Marie is clearly nervous. She hasn’t seen Kim act like this in a very long time. Her twin sister seems deranged and unbalanced.

“I got a Television Title Match. I kidnapped four people on live television. All of this and for what? A world championship match at Retribution? That’s not what I wanted. But conveniently enough it was what you wanted.”

“Kim, listen, I DO have your best interests at heart! You just have to trust the process! Everything is working out exactly as I planned!”

Kim grabs Marie by the throat and then throws her onto the bed. Kimberly mounts her and wraps both hands around the throat, sneering down at her. “Then tell me, sis, why the hell did we get booked against the world champion AGAIN?! Why the hell am I facing Juneau AGAIN?! I do not want her, I do not want her title, I want Oktoberfest and MY Underground Championship! But somehow thanks to your genius management skills I am still fighting Juneau!”

“But we…we walked out!” Marie says, gasping for air. “You…you didn’t fight her!”

“That’s another thing…” Kim leans down and whispers into her ear “...I do not back down from any fight!”

With one massive push, Marie kicks Kimberly off of her. Marie scrambles back to her feet and braces herself, preparing to defend herself, while Kim pushes her way back up to her feet. Kim just stands there, glaring angrily across at Marie. Finally, after a few tense moments, Marie speaks.

“I don’t get it. I didn’t think you wanted to fight her.”

“I don’t. But I also refuse to back away from a fight. And your advice…your management skills…it is ruining my reputation. But you don’t care. You are doing this all for yourself.”

“What?” Marie asks with a confused look on her face.

“Do not think that I am stupid. Just because I am a little eccentric and deranged does not mean I am anyone’s fool. I am quite intelligent and I am definitely smarter than you, Marie. I know exactly what this is all about. You are keeping us involved with Juneau because you want the SCW World Title. You have never once given a damn about helping me get the Underground Title back. You just saw me as your meal ticket, as your cheap and easy ride to winning the SCW World Championship.”

“I…”

“TELL ME I’M WRONG!” Kimberly shouts with real tears forming in her eyes. She is crying because she feels betrayed by the woman she trusted the most. “Tell me that I am wrong because I really want to be wrong.”

“Kim, I…I just…” Marie sighs and shakes her head “...it isn’t what you think. You’re right, I don’t care about the Underground Title, but it’s only because the World Title is more important, far more important. You are capable of so much more. You…”

“Don’t you think I already know that?” Kim strolls back over to Marie. This time Marie is able to make her way over towards the door. Kim continues to march her way towards her twin sister. “I am a damn good wrestler. I have already beaten some of the best this company has to offer in a straight up wrestling match. Autumn Valentine…Bree Lancaster…Syren…you name them, I’ve beaten them. Have I ever been World Champion? No, but I don’t need a title to prove to myself that I can hang with the best. And that’s what makes me better than you. Despite my insane upbringing, I have always had one thing you will never have…self-confidence. You need gold and trinkets in order to feel good about yourself. But I don’t need such things and I do not need you.”

“What does this mean?”

“It means that you can stay gone from SCW if you want. Continue your pathetic boycott, protest, or whatever you want to call it. I’m going back to SCW and I am going to get my Underground Title Match, but I am going to get it MY way, not yours.”

“But Kim, please listen to me, I only wanted to help…”

Kimberly reaches over onto the nearby night stand. She pulls open the drawer to reveal Betty White, her Freddy Krueger knife glove. She places it upon her hand…the best she can considering she is wearing a pink unicorn onesie…and walks menacingly over towards her twin sister. “You did make a lot of great progress with me, dear sister. I had suppressed so much rage and violence for so long. But thanks to you and your guidance over these past few months, some of my old habits are coming back.”

“Kim, you don’t want to do this.”

“There was a time I did. At one time killing you was my prime objective, because I believed that by killing you, I could take your place as the family favorite. But I look at you now and all I see is a pathetic waste. Why would I want to be like you? Why would I want to be someone who needs gold to define their self-worth? And you know what? As evil as I am, even I wouldn’t manipulate my own sister in order to get what I wanted, the way you have manipulated me. So I am giving you this one grace period, Marie, your one chance; get out now, before I change my mind and introduce you to Betty White.”

“But Kim…”

“GET OUT!” Kimberly shouts angrily with a rage and hatred seeping out of her voice, rage that Marie had not heard before. Marie senses that the best thing she can do is live to fight another day. Marie quickly turns, opens the door, and makes a hasty retreat, shutting the door behind her. Kimberly waits for a few seconds before taking the Betty White knife glove off of her hand and tossing it aside, tossing it onto the bed. Kimberly reaches up and wipes her eyes, which are now red from crying. This is a very difficult moment for Kim and one in which she had hoped would never come. She knows her sister is flawed, she knows Marie isn’t perfect, but she had promised herself that she would remain loyal to Marie as payment for how Marie helped Kim many years ago. Now Kim feels torn; part of her feels guilty for kicking Marie out, for abandoning Marie. She feels as if she should have remained loyal to Marie. Yet another part of Kim realizes that this is the right thing to do.

If this is the right thing to do, why does it hurt so much? Why does she feel so guilty? And also, despite all of her bravado and tough talk about how she doesn’t need Marie, Kim still feels as though she needs guidance of some sort, she feels as if she does need someone to give her advice on what she should do next. She just walked out on SCW. Will she be fined? Suspended? Or fired? And if not, how will she be able to return and regain her good standing within the company? All she ever wanted as an Underground Title Match. But trusting Marie and going along with her advice may have ruined everything.

Then an idea strikes her, almost like lightning. Williams then goes back to the nightstand and reaches back into the drawer. She produces a cell phone. Kimberly dials and a number and waits patiently as it rings. A half-smile forms upon her face.

“Uh hi, Jess? It’s me, Kim. I know you keep tabs on me, so I know you probably saw what happened on Breakdown.” Kimberly sighs. “You were right. You were right about me, and about Marie. Please call me back when you get this message. I need your help.”
[Image: Fr3dxo2WIAAhCXt?format=jpg&name=large]
SWC Southern Heavyweight Champion 1x
MWA Turmoil Champion 1x
GCW World Tag Team Champion 1x
UWA World Tag Team Champion 1x
HKW Bloodlust Champion 3x
2022 SCW Trios Tournament Winner
SCW World Tag Team Champion 1x
SCW Underground Champion 5x
SCW Television Champion 1x
SCW United States Champion 1x
MWE Chicago Way Champion 1x