[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
==========
April 16th, 2022
Miami, Florida
Off Camera
==========

The large, exquisite kitchen in the Miami home of Glory Braddock is filled with a strange and unusual sight. The British Bombshell has been involved with other relationships being married to her current husband Kurt Logan. And all of those other significant others will tell you that the lovely lady known to the world as Glory Braddock is not a cook at all. Braddock would just assume pick up fast food or use DoorDash or GrubHub as opposed to making anything herself. Thus anytime this kitchen was actually used for its designated purpose, it was always Kurt who did the cooking. Yet on this Saturday morning we find the beautiful blonde dressed in purple jogging shorts and a plain white t-shirt. Her long blonde hair is pulled into a ponytail in the back. She stands in front of the stove; a pan is on the stove and an almost fully complete pancake is on the pan. A wide ear to ear grin is on her face, indicating the happiness she is feeling at this moment.

Glory’s attitude has been unusual as of late, but unusual in a very good way. The past few years, her entire focus, some would say obsession, has been upon being the absolute best in professional wrestling; the best in ring performer, the best trainer, the best promoter, the best everything when it comes to professional wrestling. If there was ever a flaw, she would obsess endlessly over correcting that flaw. Lately her personality and attitude has changed and the evidence of that is this very moment in time, this Saturday morning in Miami. Glory Braddock has just recently suffered a one on one loss to Ace Marshall, which definitely handed her a setback in her goal to one day regain the SCW World Championship. Ordinarily she would be obsessing over the loss, trying to figure out what she did wrong, and endlessly training in the gym to improve herself. Instead she is still at home, she has a joyful grin on her face, and she is doing something that she has never done before; she is cooking. And she is enjoying it.

She takes a spatula and flips the pancake on the pan. Glory whistles happily as she does so. This is definitely a different Glory Braddock than what the world is used to. But then again, if you would ask Glory herself, this is Glory proper, this is the old and original Glory Braddock. This is who she was before wrestling became her obsession, her entire life. She is happy and enjoying herself, refusing to let any of her problems bother her or get to her. And she has two people to thank for this change in attitude…

…Fiona Osbourne and Amelia Stone.

These are two young women who are interested in pursuing their own professional wrestling dreams, both of whom idolize and adore Glory Braddock, and both are now being mentored by The British Bombshell herself. Typically the student is meant to learn from the teacher but in this case, Glory Braddock learned a great deal from her newest student, Amelia Stone. Amelia’s eccentric antics, her enthusiasm, and her heart reminded Braddock of who and what she used to be when she first got started in the wrestling business. Amelia’s refusal to give in and stay away from Glory, her desire to do anything to get her idol’s attention, even cheating to win a match at Retribution, reminded Glory of her own passion for wrestling.

Passion is what Glory Braddock had lost. She was once as passionate for wrestling as Amelia and Fiona both currently are. And like them, Glory had her own idol that she looked up to; her father, the late Glenn Braddock. And for years her passion motivated and inspired her. In the last few years her passion for the business was replaced by obsession; an obsession to win championships and snatch any and every brass ring available to her. Amelia at first was a nuisance to The British Bombshell. She was an annoying distraction that Glory wanted to get rid of; but now she realizes that meeting Amelia was the best thing that could have happened to her. Amelia reminded Glory of the passion that she had lost. Amelia reminded Glory of what she really needed to rediscover; a passion for the business, not just some materialistic obsession over championships.

Braddock walks over to the counter and takes a plate, a paper plate to be precise, and then uses the spatula to take the pancake off of the pan and places it onto the plate. Glory then sets the plate onto the table. Glory returns to the bottle of pancake batter and pours some back on the pan so that she can prepare another pancake. Meanwhile her husband Kurt Logan quietly enters the kitchen. He is wearing red boxer shorts and a white wife beater. He stares at his wife cooking and his are wide in surprise. Glory senses his presence and begins to chuckle.

“You know, Kurt, you could take a picture. It would last longer.”

“Uh, sorry, it’s just that…” he points to the stove “...you’re cooking.”

Glory nods her head. “Yeah, I’m cooking.”

“Why? You hate cooking.”

“Yes, yes I do.” She points to the table where the recently finished pancake is placed. “There’s your pancake if you want it.”

“Well…” Kurt pauses for a moment and shakes his head “...I think I’ll pass.”

“Oh for God’s sake, Kurt, I am capable of cooking. I just don’t LIKE to.”

“That’s what worries me.”

“Why?” Glory asks, gazing at her husband quizzically. “Wait a sec, you don’t think I spiked these pancakes with laxatives do you?”

“Babe, I love you, but the only time I have ever seen you cook was when you were making poison food…like laxative brownies, laxative muffins, hell, even the time you took peanuts and shoved them into the face of an opponent who had peanut allergies.”

“That brasser had it coming.” Glory says with a smirk on her face. “But as for these pancakes, I assure you that they are clean. No laxatives in this batch.”

“This batch?”

“Well, I may make another batch with laxatives included. Just in case we get a visitor today.”

“Who are you expecting?” Kurt asks as he sits down at the table. Braddock hands him a fork, so he can begin eating the pancake.

“Fiona’s foster father, that nasty bloke Todd Osbourne.” Glory goes back to the stove and continues to work on the next pancake. “Remember I told you about my encounter with that muppet?”

“I do. You embarrassed him pretty good, if I recall. Yellow paint, right?”

“The brightest of yellows, all over his clothes and his face!” Glory says triumphantly. “It was simple but bloody brilliant! You should have seen the look on his face, Kurt! He was fuming!”

“Yeah, I remember the old days when you would prank people on the regular. They weren’t very happy, either. Many of them attempted to retaliate and from what Fiona has already told us about her foster father, he probably won’t take this lying down.”

“And that’s why I am going to prepare a batch of special pancakes just for him, just in case he stops by today.” She grins knowingly, thinking about her plan. “I will tell him it is a peace offering. A male chauvinist like him will readily buy into it.”

Kurt swallows his first bite of the pancake. “I’m not going to pretend that Todd Osbourne doesn’t deserve any and all of what you have planned for him. If even half of what Fiona told us about him and what he did to her is true, he deserved that paint to his face, he deserves to be poisoned with laxative laced pancakes, he deserves all of the humiliation you can heap upon him.”

“I sense there is a ‘but’ coming.” Glory says with an arched brow as she flips the pancake on the stove.

“But we have encountered people like Todd before. The type who will use the law to their advantage. He may retaliate by filing a lawsuit against you.”

“For what? Illegal use of paint?”

“Assault for one.” Kurt points out.

“The burden of proof would be upon him. And if the truth came out about what he’s done to Fiona, I doubt any judge or jury would side with that piece of garbage.”

“A potential lawsuit could hurt your reputation. It could hurt your company.”

“First of all, I am no longer the CEO of Glorious Global Enterprises. Aurora Alan is the CEO. So anything Todd may try to do to me will not hurt the company. And as for my reputation, well hell, my reputation be damned. The most important thing, my top priority is helping Fiona…and Amelia.” Glory takes the second pancake, places it upon a paper plate, and then sets it on the table next to Kurt. “Nothing else matters.”

Kurt watches his wife as she takes the pancake mix and pours some more onto the pan on the stove, preparing a third pancake. This is not the same woman he has been married to for the past few years. It reminds him of the woman he dated for a year before marrying her. The same determination and stubborn refusal to quit is still there in her voice, but it is slightly different. She is happier now, more light-hearted, and more positive.

“Something is different about you, Glory.”

“You’re nuts, love.”

“Seriously, something is different. For starters, you are cooking, and you’re doing so out of the goodness of your heart and not to make an enemy shit their pants.”

“Hey now, I am going to prepare such a batch in case Todd decides to drop in.”

“Point is this is different. And your attitude is different. I have noticed it ever since you began mentoring Fiona, and then when you began mentoring Amelia. I never said anything because I wasn’t sure but you have definitely changed.”

The British Bombshell bites her lower lip nervously. “The funny thing about a student and mentor relationship is that the mentor holds a great deal of influence over the student. The student tends to adopt many of the mentor’s character traits. I never realized it until recently, but I never did become my father. As obsessive as my father was about wrestling, I did not become like him until much later. I had other influences to keep me grounded, people like my friend Matty and my sister Julia.” Braddock flips the pancake. “Then Aphrodite Noel took me under her wing. She became my new mentor. She rubbed off on me. Now don’t get me wrong, I appreciate everything she taught me. I would not have been able to become a successful businesswoman without her teachings, I would not have been able to help my cousin Kayla save her floundering modeling agency without Aphrodite’s teachings. But she was my mentor and she rubbed off on me, and the traits she passed on to me made me become my father. I lost my passion for this sport, instead I became obsessed with being the best.”

She turns to face Kurt, smiling warmly. “That’s why I am grateful for Amelia entering my life. She reminded me of what I was missing in my career; the passion for wrestling. That’s what is different, Kurt. I have rediscovered that passion, and for the first time in a very long time I am happy. I am doing this because I enjoy it, not because I need to be the best. Kurt, I have been a world champion fifteen times in multiple promotions. I have been SCW Adrenaline Champion, SCW World Champion, and a two time back to back Trios Tournament winner. I could become SCW United States Champion if I win this tournament at Hollywood of the South. But even if I don’t win, I can still happily say that I have left my mark, I have left a lasting legacy. And now my legacy will be in people like Fiona and Amelia who carry on the torch after me. That’s my legacy, Kurt, and I am going to do whatever I can to help them, consequences be damned.”

Braddock takes another paper plate and guides it over to the stove. She uses the spatula to place the third finished pancake on it. Glory walks the plate with pancake over to the table and sets it down. Just as she does this Fiona walks into the kitchen. The young student of Glory Braddock is still dressed in her pink pajamas. The British Bombshell smiles warmly. “Good morning, Fiona. I hope you like pancakes because one of those is yours, the other is Dawn’s.”

Fiona looks at the pancakes suspiciously and then back up at Glory. “No laxatives, right?”

“Bloody hell!” Glory exclaims. “Does everyone think I’m going to spike their food?”

“You do have a reputation, babe.” Glory says with a wink. Glory kisses him while Fiona sits down at the table. Fiona sighs and shakes her head.

“I’m sorry for the trouble I’ve caused.”

“You haven’t caused any trouble, Fiona.” Glory states, walking over to her student and patting her on the back.

“Haven’t I? My foster father is back and he’s probably going to keep coming after me.”

“You don’t worry about him.” Glory states defiantly. “Let me worry about him. You are safe here.”

“Maybe, but even still I’m a distraction. You have a tag match on Breakdown, you and Gavin against Owen and Alexis. You should be preparing for that, not worrying about me. You could become United States Champion if you win this tournament coming up, but I am distracting you from that too. I’m just a problem.” Fiona takes a fork and digs into her pancake. Glory and Kurt watch on but it is clear that Fiona is upset. Braddock sighs as she walks over towards Fiona and kneels down.

“Fiona, look into my eyes…” Glory guides Fiona’s face so that she is looking directly into her face “...there are things more important than wins and championships. Teaching you and Amelia, protecting you and mentoring you, that’s more of a priority than simply winning some match or a trinket.”

“I thought you once said wrestling was about being the best?”

“Part of it is, but not entirely. There are more important things in this business and in life itself. It is important to prioritize and make sure you keep yourself grounded. I once believed in right and wrong, I once had such a strong moral compass, but then I became all about winning and losing. I needed to remember who I really was and what being Glory Braddock was all about.” She pats Fiona on her head. “And being Glory Braddock means helping people…people like you. Besides, it is the least that I can do after you helped me.”

“How did I help you?”

“Remember back in Sacramento when I embarrassed Todd?”

“Yeah…” Fiona chuckles as she thinks back to the moment when Glory threw paint onto her foster father’s face.

“I told you how defending you, and in the process humiliating and embarrassing Todd, how that felt right. How I felt at peace doing that. You told me that if I felt good about it, if it felt right, then I should just roll with it.” Glory grins. “Well that’s exactly what I’m doing. I’m just rolling with it, mate. You and Amelia have helped me remember who I needed to me. So helping you two is the least I can do.” Braddock embraces Fiona in a tight hug.

“Thanks, Glory.”

“No problem, love.” Glory stands back up and then reaches over to the pancake batter. She pours another pancake onto the pan on the stove. But then she reaches over to get a different bottle. Kurt immediately recognizes it.

“Is that the laxative?”

“Uh-huh…” Glory grins knowingly “...this is for Todd’s if she shows up. And maybe Amelia’s if she’s foolish enough to fall for it.” Braddock snickers.
[Image: qyA5u6K.png]
SCW World Champion 1x
SCW United States Champion 1x
SCW Adrenaline Champion 1x
SCW Television Champion 1x
SCW World Tag Team Champion 1x (w/Brittany Lohan)
Supreme Champion
2019 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Regan Street & Kellen Jeffries)
2020 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Ace Marshall & David Helms)
26th December 2021

Miami

After the visit from Charlotte on Christmas Day Owen had gotten to thinking a great deal about his current situation. He didn’t want to give up on Jennifer, but at the same time he was starting to feel like he was flogging a dead horse. They were talking again, and that should have been enough for him, but the simple fact was it wasn’t. If Jennifer asked, he would come running, and he knew that to be one hundred percent the case. But Charlotte was a very attractive girl, and even better, it seemed like she really liked him. Was he cutting his nose off to spite his face by not even giving her a chance? And that thought process had dominated his mind throughout the entirety of Christmas Day, that kiss at the forefront of everything he did. Now, walking along the beach, the doubt was still there. Was he passing up on the chance to be happy? Or was waiting for Jennifer the right thing to do?

“Hello Owen…”

Owen breaks from his chance and in the first instance see’s a dog that he recognizes, the dog apparently recognizing him too and jumping up for a fuss. He then looks up and see’s Anthony, who lived just down the street from the house that was currently under renovation.

Owen: Oh hey, sorry… miles away.

Anthony: No problem. Are you like me and out for a walk after the excesses of yesterday?

Owen: No actually, just taking a walk to clear my mind.

Anthony: And is it working?

Owen: Nope

Anthony: Well in that case then, it’s my guess that’s it’s a woman that’s at the forefront of your thoughts.

Owen: Two actually

Anthony: Lucky you.

They both laugh, Anthony throwing a tennis ball which the dog dutifully fetches.

Owen: Nothing like that, just don’t understand women sometimes.

Anthony laughs again.

Anthony: Son, I think you’d be hard pushed to find any of us that have cracked that conundrum. I know I certainly haven’t. But you seem like an intelligent person, I’m sure you’ll figure out what’s best.

Owen: I hope so, because it’s starting to do my head in.

Anthony: Not the first man I’ve heard say that, and I hazard a guess you won’t be the last.

Another dog that isn’t on a lead comes by, and the two dogs sniff at each until going their own way. Anthony keeps an eye on things just in case, but once satisfied he turns back to Owen.

Anthony: So, took a walk past the house. Seems to be coming along nicely.

Owen: I chose the right builders, and they seem to be cracking on.

Anthony: When do you think you’ll be able to move in?

Owen: They’re aiming for late March, but there will be some other stuff that I’ll be doing over time.

Anthony: If you don’t think me rude, once it’s completed, I wouldn’t mind looking around.

Owen: Sure. You were once in property after all. I’d like your opinion.

Anthony: You can ask anyone, if there is anything, they will say about me it’s that I like giving my opinion. Especially when it comes to houses.

Owen looks at him thoughtfully

Owen: Can I ask you a question?

Anthony: Of course

Owen: Property developing… is it as much fun as it looks. I mean, I’ve loved designing the house, and putting it together right now to the finest detail. If it was something, I wanted to put money into, is it worthwhile?

Anthony motions towards a wall, the dog sitting down by his side, Owen taking a place as well.

Anthony: It depends. There is a lot of money in it for sure if you find the right properties, but a true developer isn’t in it for the almighty dollar and does it for the love. Having a vision, and seeing it come to fruition, much like you are doing with the house, that’s what it is all about, Imagining people living their lives, happy. That’s where I got my kicks anyway. More than anything it’s about having an eye for it, much like photography. You pick the right property in the right location and you’re on to a winner. You’ll find that a lot of people will do the work themselves, but I was never a hand at DIY, I just had the vision. You build trust with builders and other tradesmen who can follow your visions to the letter and it’s difficult to lose really.

He pauses

Anthony: Can I ask you a question?

Owen: Yeah of course.

Anthony: Will you be looking to buy these properties and sell them for profit, or will you rent them out once completed.

Owen: I’d not really thought about it… but rent them out, I guess.

Anthony nods, Owen obviously giving the answer he wanted.

Anthony: Then if it is something you are truly interested in; I’d be more than willing to give you any advice you need. I’ve still got quite a few contacts in the game that might be of use. There’s a lot more to it than meets the eye, and I’m more than willing to share a few pearls of wisdom if it helps you out. You don’t seem particularly money oriented and that’s good enough for me. I was the same, that’s never what it was about and if you maintain that same attitude, it will serve you well.

Owen: Thank you, I appreciate that.

Anthony: We all need a little help from time-to-time Owen, no matter how much we believe the opposite.

Anthony gets to his feet, his dog standing almost in unison.

Anthony: Anyway, best get off, the old chap here won’t walk himself. But remember what I said, I’m happy to help.

Owen: I will.

Anthony: OK then, enjoy the rest of your Christmas and I’m sure we’ll see each other soon. Take care of yourself young man.

And with that Anthony carries on down the beach, Owen watching as he occasionally stops to pick up the ball that it seemed the dog would never stop fetching. Soon Owen would be able to bring Virgil over and take him for walks on this very beach, because with him here, Christmas wouldn’t have been nowhere near as lonely. He drops down off the wall, and starts making his way back towards the apartment he was stopping at, this time though his thoughts dominated by what came next after the house was finished.

“Oi, you…”

Once again Owen is snapped out his trance, but this time far more aggressively than before. He see’s a guy walking towards him, his mannerisms giving the impression that he wasn’t particularly happy, and Owen wasn’t a random target for his frustrations. Owen scowls, confused by what is going on, the man coming to a stop barely a yard away from him.

“Are you Owen?”

Owen: Yeah, that’s me… is there a problem or something?

“I don’t know… is there?”

Owen: Look, I don’t know mate. I don’t have the first clue who you are.

“No, course you don’t. And you don’t care either do you?”

Owen has had enough of the situation and starts to walk away before it gets out of hand. He didn’t know what this guys problem was, but he had no intention of hanging around to find out. However, the man puts a hand on his shoulder, stopping Owen, who knocks the arm away.

Owen: Look mate, I don’t know what your problem is, but don’t put your hands on me ok?

“Oh, but it’s alright for you to put your hands on my girl, right?”

In that moment the penny drops, and Owen figures out what is going on.

Owen: Right, I’m guessing you’re an ex of Charlottes, right?

“No, I’m Leigh, her boyfriend.”

Owen: Ah, if you say so pal.

Leigh: I’m not your ‘pal’ and I’m going to ask you just once to stay away from Charlotte.

Owen: Dude, there ain’t nothing between me and Charlotte other than being friends.

Leigh: Stay away

Leigh’s ignorance was starting to rankle Owen, frustration starting to build.

Owen: And if I don’t?

Leigh: Then you’ll be sorry. Just walk away and leave us alone. First and last warning

Owen: You’re warning me… what’s it gonna be pistols at dawn?

Owen was finding the whole thing unbelievable and finds it hard not to laugh at his own joke.

Leigh: You think this is funny

Owen: Oh, come on, you don’t? Stood here on a beach warning me off someone who wants nothing to do with you.

Leigh: She’s never said that

Owen: Oh, she has bud, on more than one occasion.

The sentence obviously strikes a chord with Leigh, and without warning he throws a punch which Owen easily ducks underneath, before jabbing once to the solar plexus, doubling Leigh over.

Leigh: I’ll kill…you.

With Leigh struggling for breath, Owen can only shake his head.

Owen: Bud, I told you… there is nothing going on with me and Charlotte, and even if there was, you had your chance and you fucked it up. Seeing me as a threat, it’s laughable, even more so when you look at pitiful as you do right now. Sort yourself out, respect women and then maybe next time you won’t be kicked to the curb by a woman as strong as Charlotte is.

Leigh gets to his feet, obviously furious but still holding his gut.

Owen: Oh and threaten me again Leigh and I’ll call the police. That’s YOUR first and last warning.

Without looking back, Owen continues back down the beach and towards the apartment. In the end, he didn’t drink a single drop on Christmas Day, but he wasn’t going to make the same mistake today. His head was full of too much stuff, and he needed the release that alcohol would bring. He’d deal with the fallout and hangover tomorrow. And anyway, his old friend from Los Angeles, Finch was flying in tomorrow and once he arrived there would be very little time for peace and quiet. Wherever Finch was, chaos nearly always followed, and for once Owen was looking forward to it.

27th December 2021
Miami

After fetching Finch from the airport, Owen had taken him first to the apartment to freshen up, and then to the house to show him what he was doing with it. Having bagsied one of the spare bedrooms for the occasions on which he visited, Finch had then decided the best course of action was to head to the beach and watch the ‘Honey’s’ do their thing. Whilst there, Owen had filled him in on the events over Christmas. The cheeky kiss with Charlotte, and the altercation with Leigh of particular interest to his best friend. For once, Finch had listened intently, and hadn’t interrupted once, a fact which Owen found quite unnerving. Having brought Finch up to date, Finch raises his eyebrows and puffs out his cheeks, before taking a sip from his can of coke.

Finch: So, hold on… this ‘Charlotte’ broad dumped Leigh the asshole, and guy still believes he has a chance?

Owen: Worse than that bro… I think he believes they are still together.

Finch: And he’s stepping to you… a pro-wrestler and believing that’s going to end well.

Owen: To be fair, he is bigger than me

Finch: Owen, Humpa Loompas and the Borrowers are bigger than you.

Owen: Valid point.

Finch: So, after you used some of your hocus pocus wrestling move shit and took the fella down, what did he do next?

Owen: What, in between gasping for breath?

Finch: Yeah

Owen: He threatened to kill me.

Finch bursts out laughing.

Finch: Christ, I need to meet this guy. He sounds like a bigger fuck up than me.

Owen: Let’s not push it, that’s kind of unbelievable that anyone could be a bigger fuck up than you.

Finch: Hold on one minute sunshine, I’m not the one who spent the last God knows how many months ‘finding’ myself at a slaughterhouse. Now that’s fucked up.

Owen: Again, a valid point.

Owen concedes that point, the two knocking their drink cans together before taking a sip each.

Finch: Though spending time with a hottie like Daisy can’t have been all bad.

Owen: Try saying that with a metal meat hook lodged in your skull.

Finch: Sounds kinda hot to me.

Owen shakes his head, there was no way he was winning this debate.

Finch: Alright, so all that aside, this Charlotte chick is she worth all the strife?

Owen: I mean, under normal circumstances, it’s a no brainer. She’s got her own successful business, and obviously has a lot of friends in the area.

Finch: Screw that bro, is she hot?

Owen: Oh yeah, she’s hot

Finch: I find that hard to believe seeing as she likes you. But taking it at face value… what’s your problem?

Owen: What do you mean?

Finch: You’ve got a girl who brings your Christmas dinner, likes you even though you’re not that great to look at…

Owen: Cheers bro, you’re the best

Finch: …and even better, you’d piss off this Leigh fella just by your presence. Look you know me, I’m normally a Gentlemen when it comes to these things…

Owen chuckles, not able to stop himself.

Finch: I AM a Gentlemen, I’m a reformed character and without a slaughterhouse in sight. That said, if you’ve got an opportunity to get your dick wet with a hot bar owner, then you should take it. Balls deep.

Owen laughs again, Finch had always had a way with words and Owen doubted he would ever change. But when Owen shows no indication that he knows Finch is right, he decides to double down.

Finch: But you’re not going to, are you? You’re going to leave the poor girl hanging, all moist, and pander to her ex’s threats. And why? Jennifer fucking Helms.

For a moment Finch is distracted as two girls walk by, both wearing tennis skirts and taking his attention from the matter at hand. When he doesn’t get THEIR attention however, he turns straight back towards Owen.

Finch: Am I right?

Owen sighs, he hated Finch being right at any time, but this was even worse. Even when they had very first split up, there was plenty that Finch had to say. Some of it hard for Owen to take. The look on his face made it clear that even now, Finch believed that Owen needed to move on.

Finch: Man, when are you going to stop putting that particular pussy on a pedestal?

Owen doesn’t answer straight away, but when he does, he does so with a glare that makes his feelings perfectly clear.

Owen: Look Finch, you’re my friend, you and I have been through an awful lot and have one heck of a bond. But I swear if you disrespect Jennifer again, we’ll both regret what happens next.

Finch holds up his hands in what seems like an apology.

Finch: Hey, I’m sorry man, but just telling you how it is. As a friend.

Owen rubs his eyes behind his sunglasses, aware that he had probably over-reacted.

Owen: Look I get it bud, I know that I need to get over Jen, and Charlotte is the perfect opportunity to do that. But if I did this, it feels like I would be putting the final nail in the coffin and any chance that I have would be gone. And I can’t do that, not yet.

Finch: Then we won’t say anything else about it. I’ve said my piece and we’ll leave it at that.

Owen: That seems like a good idea to me.

For a moment they sit in an awkward silence, but the one thing with Finch was that he always had something to say, and never seemed lost for words.

Finch: I got to admit Owen, it is kinda cool out here, and I’m not just talking about the girls.

Owen looks around him, the sands, the view, the ocean and cannot help but agree. But all those things paled into insignificance as to the true reason he was here.

Owen: It is, and it’s exactly what I need right now.

Finch: What do you mean?

Owen takes another, final, swig from his can and from his position perfectly bails it into the trash bin nearby, high-fiving Finch as he gives his approval being a former basketball player himself.

Owen: I needed to get away from Los Angeles and I needed to be on my own, away from all the drama that has surrounded me since what seems like forever. I couldn’t breathe, I was suffocating… I needed to be somewhere where I wasn’t constantly being watched over like some poor kid who needed protecting.

Finch: I’m sure it wasn’t that bad.

Owen: It was… and although I understand that they were only trying to help, the fact is no matter how much I spoke of evolution and growth, I wasn’t going to achieve it with people available to bail me out whenever trouble formed. How could I have ever grown if I wasn’t allowed to learn from my mistakes? How was I going to learn if there was a constant safety net ready to catch me? You know yourself Finch, your mistake cost you your career, and yet look at you, you’re a million miles from the guy who threw away a basketball career for the sake of a few pills. Because the only person you had to pick you up was YOU.

Finch: Well, you had something to do with it as well.

Owen: I appreciate you saying that, but I didn’t take responsibility for your actions, you did. Just like right now I’M taking responsibility for all that I did in SCW and not expecting Shaun or Mom to deal with it. If I come back from this Finch, if I achieve anything else with my life, I need it to be on my terms and by my hand. No one knows me here Finch. No one is judging me, or forming opinions on me… I can keep myself to myself, and that’s all I ever wanted. A chance to be me. Now I have that chance, and I wouldn’t have got that in LA. And although I do miss things about Los Angeles…

Finch: Me for instance…

Owen: Obviously

They both laugh

Owen: If I had stayed, eventually it would have killed me, if not physically then certainly mentally. Los Angeles has a lot of memories and not all of them good. Miami is a fresh start for me, and I fully intend on making the most of it.

Finch: Well, if you always have a spare room available, I suppose I can authorize it.

Owen: Tell you what mate, I’ll even let you decorate your room, how’s about that?

Finch: Sold.

Finch nods his head, but his face takes on a far more serious tone.

Finch: You’re gonna be ok, aren’t you?

Owen once again takes in his surroundings, feeling the sea breeze on his face and the warmth of the sun.

Owen: You know what Finch? I reckon I am.

Finch: Then that’s good enough for me.

He finishes off his coke and tries the same shot Owen did earlier but misses, a fact that makes Owen laugh.

Finch: Now, how’s about you introduce me to this Charlotte. If you aren’t going to have a go then there’s no reason why I shouldn’t.

Owen laughs, knowing full well that Finch was exactly the kind of guy she wasn’t looking for and that he didn’t stand a chance in hell. Maybe that was jealousy talking, maybe Charlotte had gotten to him more than he cared to admit. Either way, it all came down to one thing. Jennifer Helms. And getting her back was all that mattered. 

[Image: 270041540-258425806375597-7033161467703002046-n.png]
[Camera pans open inside the home of Alexis Quinne; inside the living room that is. She is seen sitting on the couch, dressed in a black leather jacket with a zebra striped shirt underneath and black jeans and her hair down. Her elbows rest on her knees and her hands are locked together. Her eyes look at the camera, shaking her head.]

Alexis: Yo, so, when I was younger. Right. When I first got here, if there anything that made me happier, it was being right. Being right that I was someone people had to look out for. People were gushing over Autumn, Dawn, whatever street that came by, Cruze, Collin. And I was like "I'm just as good. I'm BETTER." I said a lot of crazy things. A lot of people thought I was stupid or was over my head. And honestly, that just made me want to be right even more.

I was thinking about that this week. Everyone knows what happened to Spencer Pryce. I'm assuming if you're watching this video right now, you're a pro wrestling fan and you follow the week to week. I saw it coming and I literally told him. Anger is a drug, you know? It's addicting. Once you feel it, and you're pissed, and you feel screwed over, yeah it's hard not to lash out. And he has every reason to. I stand by that. You live a life thinking you don't have a Dad. You watch your Mom die. And then you find out your Dad was alive and he didn't show up? Not even after your Mom died. Yeah I would be so pissed.

[Alexis grits her teeth.]

Alexis: I was warning him about what happens when you don't work through that and you start lashing out, knowing he wasn't going to listen to me. I said it then. I've just seen it in my own life. I mean, shit, I've watched so much wrestling, you just see the same patterns. You see so many people make the same decisions Spencer did and you just don't get surprised. Maybe that makes me jaded but I know what I'm talking about. I don't make this stuff up. I've seen it.

[She strokes her chin a bit.]

Alexis: There is no "I told you sos" Spencer or anything like that. That's the different between when I was younger and now. There's no glory in this. This is bad for the game. The lifeblood of pro wrestling is who's coming next. The next guys that come up and become the best. Spencer was a real prospect. He beat Christy Matthews as a rookie. Took the US belt off of her. That's real. He had talent. How old is he? 24? 23? He's not even 25, I know that. And once again, a talent that young, that good, just makes a few decisions and shit goes left. Too many times that's happened.

[She clapped her hands in frustrated. She then lets out a sigh.]

Alexis: I got no satisfaction from what happened. I was going to get a crack at that US title. I beat him! That's how it goes. You beat the champ, you're next in line. And I would have beat him again. I believe it. I figured out how to counter the Pryce Check. I had that scouted. I saw him scramble when I took that away from him. I knew I could do it again. Selfishly, this screws me me up. I'm pissed at that, honestly. He couldn't do this before the rematch?

And he's gone now.

He may never come back, too. I hope he does, as a fan of pro wrestling. I want to be here and see him come back, having dealt with all the anger, all the rage, so I can kick his ass. But wrestling is not always a fairytale. It wouldn't be the first time a real wrestling prospect self destructed before they even touched what they were capable of.

He won't be the last.

[Her eyes glare at the camera.]

Alexis: And so it goes.

[She presses her lips together.]

Alexis: Life goes on. The US title can't stay without a holder. I spent all last week, mentally just preparing for a match that wasn't even announced but knew was coming. And now I have to start thinking about this tournament. Instead of just beating Spencer again, now I have to think about Gavin Taylor; getting by him and then whoever comes after that. Things can change so quickly in this game. I know that more than anyone. But I'm ready. It might mean I have to do more work than I thought but, you know, that's part of the territory. This is competition. There's seven other people in this tournament that want the US title too. They have their reasons. This is fun.

[Alexis claps her hands together.]

Alexis: Let's fucking go!

[She smirks enthusiastically.]

Alexis: There can only be one champ. Breakdown this Thursday, Gavin, Glory Braddock..Owen. He's going to team with me. We're all in this tourney. If I get through Gavin, there's a chance I see Glory in the next round. I get through that, I could see Owen in the finals. He got me at the last PPV. Round 3 at the next one, for the belt, I mean, that idea sounds great to me.

It doesn't matter who's there in the finals.

As long as I'm there. The shit with Spencer, I couldn't control that. But I can control this. Since coming back, it's just been about getting back into the flow. I got a lot of new tricks, new skills, new things that I've picked up. It's all a work in progress. Owen is an example of that. I dropped a fall to him. Ameila Stone is in this tourney and she flipped over the Jack in a Box and she got me. I can control whether or not I'm there in the finals.

So Breakdown, this is going to be like scouting on the fly. I've never got in the ring with Gavin or Glory and they haven't seen me either. Gavin, you first at the PPV, All Star. You're always doing some type of crazy shit. You're all Hollywood and everything. That makes sense to me. Whenever I'm in LA and I'm walking down the streets, there's always some people all dressed up and they're talking your ear off trying to sell you on some shit that looks good, but you don't really need it.

[She chuckles.]

Alexis: I'm bias though. So Cal alright, but the real is always up North.

[She nods.]

Alexis: You and Ducky, you know, as good as it gets. Both of you guys are off the wall but in the ring, the results show. You guys deliver. I've watched your career for a long time. You've been around for years. Everywhere you've gone, you're won a belt, you're in big time matches, you're always in the mix. And I know if I'm off just a little bit, you can catch me. I take that as a challenge.

Your partner, Gavin, calls herself the Best in the World. And secretly, I've wanted to get my hands on you Glory. We've never walked past one another. But any time someone calls themselves the Best in the World, it catches my attention. I don't believe that shit.

[She sits up straight, her eyes stay on the camera.]

Alexis: I don't think you're the best in the world. You know, you're up there. It's not a doubt where your place is within the top tier of pro wrestling. You're right there with elite. Personally, when you say that, I see that as a challenge. I see that as a threat, honestly. Because if you were the Best in the World, that would mean I would have to admit you're better than me. And listen, Owen has beaten me. Amelia has beaten me. Selena Frost beat me four times and used to tell the whole world. All the time. That shit use to give me fuel and keep working on my technique so one day if we ever got back in the ring, I'm either making her quiet the Dreadnought or her ass is flat on the back after I beat her with the Dream.

That's the fun. That's the essence of pro wrestling. Two people just get to the ring, they both think they're better and they have a match to prove who actually is.

That shit is pure. Let no one tell you otherwise. That's all pro wrestling is. And it's fucking great!

[Alexis leans forward.]

Alexis: Old SCW fans remember when Dark Fantasy were Tag champs for like two years and with each challenger, everyone would get excited, wondering would they be the ones that knock them off. Me and Owen. There was a lot of excitement about us wrestling each other because we have our reasons, we have our goals and we put a lot of time working on our game and my fans, his fans, they wanted to see who was better. Who would win? That night it was him and he beat me clean. I made a mistake. He got me. The next day, when I get back home, I'm on this couch and I'm watching the match again, taking notes. Seeing where I messed up.

That's the sport.

[A wide smile grows on her face.]

So I'm coming after you, Glory. Best in the World. Alright. I want to see that with my own eyes. I mean, when I get to the second round of the tourney, you might not be there it. Tsunami might snatch you up. So I'm going to give you what they call a love tap. Just a little taste. I'm going to make you feel me. I'm here.

Best in the World.

See me in the ring. I want to see how you do when I put you under pressure.

[Alexis nods.]

Alexis: i'm looking forward to this. Owen, this is exciting. Us teaming up together. It's going to be fun. I know people are excited for me. I'm sure, the way our minds work and how we think out of the box, in real time we'll come up with some crazy double teams. Main thing is getting the win. But, you know, if all thing go well for me, you me, like I said, the finals. We could go at it again for the title.

[Alexis pauses.]

Alexis: You see things like what happened to Spencer and you're reminded of the ugly side of this. And then you get a match like this on Breakdown, me and Owen against Glory and Gavin. You get this one night tournament and you get reminded why this is the best thing out there.

Breakdown. Thursday night.

[Alexis claps her hands.]

Alexis: GET INTO IT!

[FIN]
==========
April 20th, 2022
Portland, OR
On Camera
==========

We open just outside of the Moda Center in Portland, Oregon. It is here where SCW Breakdown will soon be taking place. The camera pans over to get a shot of none other than “The British Bombshell” Glory Braddock casually walking into the scene, right in front of the Moda center. Braddock is dressed in denim jeans, white sneakers, a royal purple t-shirt, and a black leather jacket. Her long blonde hair cascades, flowing freely to past her shoulders. A confident grin is etched across her face. The British Bombshell stops dead center in the camera’s view of the Moda Center. She turns to face the camera.

“I have been in this business for a very long time. And I don’t just mean my debut as a pro, which was back in January of 2008. I was born and raised in a wrestling family, I was carried by my parents from show to show, and I got to know the inner workings of this business from a very young age. So as far as experience goes, my experience is over thirty years worth. And when fans or future prospects who hope to make it big as a wrestler themselves, when they come up and ask me for advice, one piece of advice I always give them is to expect the unexpected. Just look at Amelia and I. She was getting under my skin, I wanted to break her neck, and yet she managed to worm her way into my heart. Now I have taken her under my wing and I am mentoring her. I am teaching her everything I know about this business. Who would have expected that? Amelia did, and fair play to her, but I sure as hell didn’t see it coming. That’s why I told Amelia to always be prepared for anything, because you can never predict what will happen in this business.”

“That was exhibit A, now exhibit B…I was working with Amelia, teaching her, educating her, and both of us were expecting one of two things. Maybe I would just eventually transition into being Amelia’s full time mentor and trainer? Or perhaps Amelia and I would go for the tag team championships? I mean seriously, you currently have a penguin and a bear as your champions. Me and Amelia as your champions would be an improvement. Neither of us expected for Spencer Pryce to be fired, his United States Championship vacated, and a tournament held at Hollywood of the South to crown a new champion. And we certainly didn’t expect both of us to be in said tournament.”

“That’s what we didn’t expect. I did not expect to get another shot at the United States Championship. It would be my distinct honor and privilege to be the SCW United States Champion. I had a chance to win it at Rise To Greatness but came up a little short. You don’t get second chances in this industry but here I am with another opportunity to get that title. And I certainly didn’t expect this all to be in something that plays into my advantage. A tournament? Hell, tournaments are my specialty! My debut night as a professional wrestler I proved how much of a natural I was when I won a tournament in one night. Since joining SCW I have won back to back Trios Tournaments. Tournaments are MY wheelhouse! It is almost as if the United States Title is being gift wrapped to me.” Glory shakes her head. “But make no mistake about it, as surprising as these developments are, I am not taking any of it for granted. I will be ready.”

“No, I wasn’t expecting any of that; but I promise you, I definitely expected what was to come next. Whenever there’s a tournament, what else does one do but book the participants in random strange bedfellows style tag team matches? So yeah, why the hell not put me in a team with Gavin Taylor against Alexis Quinne and Owen Lee? None of us have been partners before, so I suppose there’s an even playing field there. But hey, at least on my side I can say that we both have terrific experience as tag team wrestlers. Gavin, my man, I credit you big time. You are formerly one half of the SCW World Tag Team Champions and on top of that, I must admit that it was you who stopped me from winning THREE Trios Tournaments in a row. So if I were to be randomly thrown into a tag team, it would be with you.” Glory applauds for Gavin.

“And Gavin knows damn well that he has a great partner in the form of The British Bombshell. I have held tag team titles on ten separate occasions in my career with multiple partners. So can I coexist with Gavin? Hell yes I can. I can coexist with anyone. It doesn’t matter. So yes, I am very confident in our chances to defeat Owen and Alexis on Breakdown.”

“Owen and Alexis…” Braddock nods her head “...you two are an appropriate pair, if you ask me. Two former world champions, you’ve both made triumphant returns, you’re both looking to regain your footing here in SCW. And this tournament could be your chance to do just that. But I don’t pretend to know anything about the pair of you except your in ring work, which in the case of Owen I have experienced first hand in a previous encounter, and in your case, Alexis, I know from watching tape. I do my homework, mate, and I have studied up on you, I know what you are capable of. You are very impressive. And if you…and Owen…are as intelligent as you seem to be, you will have done your homework as well.”

“Honestly, though, how much homework have you done? Are you relying only on your experiential knowledge, Owen? As for you, Alexis, it appears quite clear from what you’ve already said that you seem to be relying only on the Glory Braddock you have witnessed compete right here in SCW. Because you called me The Best in the World…” Braddock shrugs her shoulders “...or at least, that’s what I call myself, according to you. Fair enough, Best in the World was the attitude I had coming into SCW. That Glory Braddock, The Best in the World, is the only Glory Braddock that SCW has ever known. And that Glory Braddock is quite an impressive figure. A former Adrenaline Champion, former World Champion, two time Trios Tournament winner; that is very impressive if I do say so myself.”

“That Glory Braddock was also an arrogant, overconfident, and at times a condescending bitch who overlooked her opponents because she thought she really was the very best of the best to walk god’s green earth. That is the Glory Braddock that has been with SCW for these past several years. And if you are preparing for THAT Glory Braddock, then you are in for a rude awakening.”

Glory shakes her head. “The problem for you two is that it is not the Glory Braddock you are facing. That Glory Braddock was predictable. You could do your homework on her, you could prepare for her, you could gameplan for her. But that’s not who I am. Hell, I haven’t called myself Best in the World for a few years now. I haven’t acknowledged that moniker in a very long time, mate. So if you want to live in the past, if you want to prepare for someone who doesn’t exist anymore, if that is the only way you can fuel yourself and motivate yourself, then by all means, go for it, but I am giving you this warning…I am NOT who you think I am. I am not the kind of person you can prepare for, I am way too unpredictable for either of you.”

Braddock grins from ear to ear. “Though we can agree on one thing, matches like this are is what professional wrestling is all about. You have four very decorated athletes, of all ages and stages of their career, of many different styles and varieties, all stepping into the ring looking for one thing and one thing only…to compete, to see who is the best. You are fueled by the drive to be the best and I respect that. But you are going to get punched in the mouth courtesy of The All Star Bombshells.” Glory pauses for a moment and waves.

“Hi, Gavin? I know talking live during a promo is kind of an awkward time to address this, but do you think The All Star Bombshells is a good team name? I know we’re only teaming this one time only because Shaun Cruze needs to book the obligatory random tag team of future opponents to hype this tournament, but still, any and all proper tag team needs a good name. So is that a good name for you? If not, too bad, because I just christened us The All Star Bombshells.” Braddock winks at the camera.

“Owen, Alexis, see you out there.”
[Image: qyA5u6K.png]
SCW World Champion 1x
SCW United States Champion 1x
SCW Adrenaline Champion 1x
SCW Television Champion 1x
SCW World Tag Team Champion 1x (w/Brittany Lohan)
Supreme Champion
2019 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Regan Street & Kellen Jeffries)
2020 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Ace Marshall & David Helms)
29th December 2021

Miami International Airport

It had been a good couple of days with Finch, but now it was all about getting back to business. If it had been up to him, he would have stayed into New Years, but Owen needed to get to Ontario, for the End of Year Special that would see him restart his Supreme Championship Wrestling career. Luckily, both Finch’s flight to Los Angeles and Owen’s flight to Canada were around the same time, so having shared an Uber, the two now stand in the airport about to go their separate ways.

Owen: Been a laugh Finch… needed that.

Finch: Hey if there is one thing, I am good for it’s a laugh. Even if you spent most of your time laughing AT me rather than WITH me.

Owen: Dude, how could I not laugh at that feeble attempt at pulling Charlotte? She’s got higher standards than that. Me, for example.

Owen laughs, recalling the moment when Finch had struck out.

Finch: Look, don’t be surprised if it turns out she’s a closet Lesbian or something because no one can resist my moves.

Owen: And yet here you are, the single pringle still chasing skirt.

Finch: I guess we can’t all be a wrestling superstar huh?

Owen: Yep. Mind you, there are some that would say I’m not that either.

Finch: Is that a lack of confidence I sense there?

Owen: I don’t know mate…

Finch puts his hand luggage on the floor.

Finch: Bro, you’ve got this. You’ve done the hard miles, put in the work and gone over and above to make sure that you were ready for this moment. Dude, you got locked in a freezer, there ain’t nothing that should faze you now.

Owen: I know… it’s probably nerves. Ignore me.

Finch: Look, if there is one thing that I remember from my basketball days…

Owen: You used to play basketball? You’ve never said

Owen grins sarcastically

Finch: Finished with the sarcasm?

Owen: I’ll let you know

Finch: As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, my coach always used to tell me that nerves were a good thing and that they showed that you care. If there is one thing, I have learned about you this weekend its that it wasn’t a certainty, you caring I mean. So that’s gotta be something.

Owen: You’re right

Finch: It’s a cross I must bear, consistently being right.

Owen: We both know that’s bullshit.

Finch laugh, and places a hand on Owen’s shoulder.

Finch: What I’m saying is this is all that you have been waiting for. Don’t be afraid of it, embrace it, and more than anything make sure you don’t regret it. Like you said to me the other day, this is a fresh start for you, a new chapter. Make the most of it.

Owen’s eyes widen.

Owen: Wow, that was almost profound.

Finch: It’s my middle name

Owen: No, it’s not, it’s Larry

Finch: Yeah, well the least we say about that the better. Fuck my parents.

Owen: Well, I’ll do my best Finch.

Finch: Got a feeling your best is going to be more than enough.

Owen: Cheers bro

Finch: Oh, and Owen

Owen: Yeah

Finch: I know we said we wouldn’t mention it again, but if you truly believe Jennifer is your one, then you are right, and I was wrong. Never give up on that. Charlotte’s a cool girl, even if she must be blind…

Owen scoffs, Finch smirking but choosing to ignore.

Finch: But I’ve seen the way you look at Jennifer, and the way you look at Charlotte doesn’t even compare. I see it, and one day I hope I find that… because I wouldn’t give it up either.

The two hugs, a manly smack on the back making the whole scene a little less awkward and more masculine.

Finch: Good luck Owen. See you later.

Owen: Later.

Owen watches as Finch walks away, digesting his friend’s words. Finch was right, he did need to embrace 2022, and make sure that it made this year nothing more than a distant, horrific memory. This was where it all needed to start. Or at least where it needed to start… again.

20th April 2022
Portland

Owen sits within the confines of a SCW recording suite, part of the hype for the Breakdown upcoming, the precursor to what was going to be a defining moment in his career. Fact was, his match with Josh Hudson had already held great importance to him, considering his actions of late and his stature within the company. But now, with a shot at a SCW Championship in the offing it had stepped up another level. Fate had opened an opportunity, and he had every intention of taking it. Leaning forwards, his hands clasped in front of him, he starts to speak. As always with confidence and showing very little emotion.

“It’s funny isn’t it, how quickly things can change in a heartbeat? One moment I’m heading into a PPV with what was looking like a grudge match in the offing. The next I’m part of a tournament to crown the new United States Champion, a victory over Josh now nothing more than advancement towards two more matches in the same night. Let’s face it, Josh has played his hand, turns out he legitimately wants to put me in my place, even hurt me. He wants me to ‘pay’ for what I did to this company, even though he’s shit all over it far more than I ever did. There ain’t no way I come out of that match in good shape… and then I still got two more to go. All to claim my first title in what seems like an eternity.”

He exhales, knowing full well the enormity of his current situation

“Like I said… funny isn’t it?”

He unclasps his hands and holds them open

“But I ain’t gonna fold, after all, this is only what I have been building to since my return. Redemption isn’t just being an OK guy and not feeling the need to crush the chest of your boss, it’s far more than that. Redemption is rebuilding bridges. Redemption is once again building trust, and respect. Redemption is about once again having people believe in you. And winning matches is great… since the New Year’s Special, I’m sure there are many people who have understood what I have been trying to, and hopefully once again gotten behind me. But no question, there is nothing that builds trust, respect and belief any more than having one of the prestigious championship belts that this company offers draped over your shoulder. Both my experiences with title belts thus far came to an end far too early, and the reason for that was so simple. I just wasn’t ready for that kind of responsibility, in fact, I reckon I went out of my way to prove such, wouldn’t you agree? But at twenty-two years old, and with what seemed like a pipe dream just a few months ago now reality, I can say without hesitation that I am ready now. Having learned the lessons that life threw at me… having taken those knocks and come out fighting. This is where Josh made mistake number one, and perhaps his most critical. He still believes he is facing Owen Cruze, when Owen Cruze no longer exists. He thinks he’ll get in my head and gain an advantage from insulting Orlando. He pours scorn on my obvious faults, as if I haven’t spoken of them and admitted them countless times. He ‘thinks’ he knows me, when clearly he does not.”

He leans back in the chair, tilting his head slightly to one side.

“Are you, Gavin and Glory, about to make the same mistake?”

Owen shrugs his shoulders

“I mean on face value, you really shouldn’t. The two of you have been SCW mainstays for a while now, and most certainly, the two of you have had a great deal of success. Both of you, perhaps Glory slightly more, are known for being meticulous to detail and always prepared to do your homework so it’s seems to be quite a reach to suggest that neither of you would see the difference between the guy who heads into Holly-Wood of the South, and the one that came second at Taking Hold of the Flame last year.

Just focus on that for a second, the Taking Hold of the Flame runner up… now even better.

Anyways…

I would have hoped that in the seven matches that I have competed in this year anyone with a modicum of intelligence would have seen the stark differences between those two individuals. I would have thought that websites would have been visited, dossiers complied, and conclusions drawn… Owen Lee being a FAR different animal to the ‘child’ from before. Wrestling has its great minds no question. My gut feeling remains as it was the moment this match was announced, that being that you couldn’t possibly be that lax. But then there is Josh Hudson. One of the most experience wrestlers on the planet making the most amateurish of mistakes and trying to legitimize it. Am I destined to receive the same tragic rhetoric from the two of you? Are you both going to continue this narrative that I’m not worthy of a second chance that many were granted in the past… perhaps even the two of you? Are you going to predictably claim that I’m only in this tournament thanks to my Uncle, when previous results should be more than enough to justify my place? OR, are you going to do what two people of your experience should do and concentrate on THIS, the match at hand? Because Glory, Gavin… oh by the way Gavin, I guess recent event means I don’t have to call you Uncle Gav, anymore right?”

He chuckles to himself, and even affords himself a shake of the head

“If you’re not focused on the here and now, and this tag match, then you ARE going to find yourself hit by a momentum destroying defeat ahead of the PPV. Because regardless of any misgivings the two of you might have with trust… let’s face it, how could you two ever trust one another. There is also the small matter of you coming face to face with perhaps the greatest tag team that has ‘never’ been created.”

Smiling, and with great confidence in his words he continues.

“Now before you jump onto a perceived slip of the tongue, yes, that is precisely what I meant to say. If you were paying attention a few weeks back, when I stepped into the ring with Alexis Quinne, you would have seen us put on an absolute wrestling masterclass. Moves, Counters… our match had it all. We ‘meshed’ in a way that is very rare in this business, especially when it was two people still trying to find their way. Whenever I tried something, she had the answer. She went for a move; I was ready for it. The reason for that, we have the same mindset, the same thought processes. One knew what the other was about to do, before they did it and the match was only won on the slightest of margins. We may have never tagged before guys, but I promise you, we ARE as near as damn it to the perfect tag team. Speed, Courage, Aerial Ability… you are both going to have to contend with two of SCW’s best exponents. And guess what, you’re in luck, because both of you have all the experience in the world to deal with whatever Alexis and I throw at you. I can’t speak for Alexis, but personally I am fully aware that people like you nearly always manage to find a way. But whereas the two of you have proven you have all the experience in the world, you have BOTH shown that when the chips are down and a title on the horizon, NEITHER of you can be trusted. Truthfully, what’s important to you at this point? Can either of you say that you have the best interests of the team at heart, or are you already turning to the PPV? Can you answer that with a straight face?

I don’t think so.

And ultimately, that is what tag teaming is all about. Of course, over the course of history there have been teams that haven’t been BFF’s, and still managed to stumble their way to the tag team championships, but not in any way, shape or form were they ever defined as having the togetherness required for longevity in this division. As a one off, with nothing else in play, perhaps you could have put any feelings to one side, for the cause of the ‘greater good’. But honestly, with the tournament just around the corner, and the likelihood that the two of you could face, my guess is that rather than the statement be made to me and Alexis you’ll look to get one over the other. Whether it’s claiming the pin, refusing a tag, one of you will most certainly mess this up. And with our tenacity and speed, one mistake is all we will need to put you away. One mistake Gavin, from someone like you, known for making a catalogue of errors in almost any match. For as long as I’ve been watching wrestling, neither of you have had an history of ‘playing nice’ with those that you haven’t chosen for yourselves. And the sad fact of the matter is, the two of you’s actions are just as likely to cost you the match than our abilities. And I’m sorry if this comes across as being harsh Gavin, but the truth usually is. You are the one I’m looking at and thinking ‘this guy is an accident waiting to happen’. Because more and more, every single week in fact you come across as a guy just craving acceptance.

What do I mean by that?

What I mean is a lot of your reputation is based of hearsay, but unfortunately YOU are the only one saying these things, because you’re a conman, in every shape and form. All Star Player, Greatest Wrestler in the World… you’ve delivered some absolute doozies over the expanse of your career, but none of it is backed up by fact, and that is why you will find it difficult to find anyone who will take you seriously. Truth is, there is no coincidence that any success has been found whilst you have been playing the fool, because that is the category in which you sit.

Let’s take your wrestling debut as legit, 2007, right?

Fifteen years ago, and yet you are listed as being thirty years old. Bro, you must have had one heck of a paper round because I’d have guessed forty at least. And that’s the thing Gavin, nothing you say can be taken seriously, even your bio page is a laugh a minute full of comedic interludes. You want people to REALLY listen Gavin, you need more than sporadic title reigns to back these outlandish claims. You want legitimacy, do something significant where someone else didn’t drag you kicking and screaming into relevancy. That’s why Gavin, though you are apparently the ‘Greatest Wrestler in the World’, I’m going to assume that’s Gavin’s World, just to give it some semblance of truth. But to be that, over the course of fifteen years I would have expected a whole lot more. Take your partner for example, Glory Braddock, someone who is taken seriously by everyone she steps into the ring with. When she speaks, people listen. And why? Because she’s done it. And that’s the thing Gavin, I have no doubt whatsoever that you are a more than capable wrestler, able to do some amazing things. But like many around here you outright refuse to let your talent do your talking for you. Instead, you prefer to flap your gums, and shrug your shoulders when things go wrong, not truly giving a shit. Undeniably, you are perhaps the biggest example of a wasted career SCW has, and that’s a shame bro, it really is. Because you do have ‘something’, you’ve just never been able, or inclined to show what that is.

And Glory, you know this don’t you? Because although I did indeed open by asking if both of you were going to make the same mistake as Josh Hudson, I think it’s quite clear that it was Gavin that I was primarily talking to. You know that if you win, it will more than likely be despite Gavin, rather than because of him. And perhaps more than anyone else, being born into a true wrestling family, you know precisely how this business works and what it takes to get ahead so I don’t expect you to make the mistakes of your partner. You’ll probably touch on my failings from last year but won’t focus on it. You’ll speak of our previous encounters, and how close they have been. And ultimately, you’ll probably give props to someone who, just like you, had to turn his life around before falling into an abyss. But you’ll want to win Glory because that’s what you are. A winner. I expect you to give your all in spite of what is on the horizon. Without question, you’ll be focused here, and on setting a marker against two people that could stop you from becoming the United States Champion. But I refer to mine and Alexis obvious chemistry, and respectfully I ask you two questions.

Will it be enough, and can you co-exist?

Those are the single most important questions you will answer this week. Answer truthfully and perhaps you leave Breakdown and go on to become United States Champion, reputation intact and with a clear conscience. Be a part of Gavin’s narrative, fool yourself and others and you’re obviously not the person everyone believes you to be. I ‘hope’ you are the former. I ‘fear’ you are the latter.”

Another shrug of the shoulders. It really didn’t matter… to him at least.

“And that fear comes purely from historical fact. The flip flopping from good guy to bad guy that would put even William Mason to shame. For a while, you’ve been an example for people to follow, but you’re always just a moment away from a turn. Trust is hard earned; I’m going through that myself. But will Gavin trust you in the way Alexis does me? No. And that could be the deciding factor when all is said and done.”

He nods, emphasizing the statement, before getting to his feet.

“So, in closing I’m going to end by saying this. There is a line that opens my theme song - ‘I been more than ready, preppin’ heavy for this day to come’. The song isn’t my theme simply because it sounds good. It was chosen because the lyrics are synonymous with my life, the struggles and battles that I have endured and overcome. ‘Give it a 100, never nothing less’, that is the design, and the mantra that has gotten me to this point. A moment in my life that could and would mean everything to me. Like Alexis says, grand scheme of things this tag match means nothing, but it means something to us. It’s our chance to leave a marker, an undeniable statement that this week you have been listening to two people who believe that they are destined for the finals of the tournament and are more than willing to show you why they have that belief at Breakdown this week. Talk is cheap, opinions are like assholes, but there is an undeniable truth about being shown the scale of your task in just over one week. You CAN win at Breakdown, and individually you COULD win the tournament, but only if you come to terms with the fact that you may well not. And people that call themselves ‘The Best in the World’ or ‘The Allstar’ couldn’t possibly have that level of humility to believe they could ever lose right?  An equation that adds up to a couple of LONG nights for the ‘self-proclaimed’ G.O.A.T’s of Supreme Championship Wrestling. Glory, Gavin… thank you for your previous endeavors, but the ‘future’ will take it from here. And that future, you're staring at right now...”

He salutes the camera, a smile forming on his face.

“HERE…WE…GO!!!”

Scene slowly fades.
[Image: 270041540-258425806375597-7033161467703002046-n.png]
https://punk-hazard-i-chi-ban.com/2022/0...ssion-two/