Owen Lee & Alexis Quinne vs. Gavin Taylor & Glory Braddock
[Camera pans open inside the home of Alexis Quinne; inside the living room that is. She is seen sitting on the couch, dressed in a black leather jacket with a zebra striped shirt underneath and black jeans and her hair down. Her elbows rest on her knees and her hands are locked together. Her eyes look at the camera, shaking her head.]

Alexis: Yo, so, when I was younger. Right. When I first got here, if there anything that made me happier, it was being right. Being right that I was someone people had to look out for. People were gushing over Autumn, Dawn, whatever street that came by, Cruze, Collin. And I was like "I'm just as good. I'm BETTER." I said a lot of crazy things. A lot of people thought I was stupid or was over my head. And honestly, that just made me want to be right even more.

I was thinking about that this week. Everyone knows what happened to Spencer Pryce. I'm assuming if you're watching this video right now, you're a pro wrestling fan and you follow the week to week. I saw it coming and I literally told him. Anger is a drug, you know? It's addicting. Once you feel it, and you're pissed, and you feel screwed over, yeah it's hard not to lash out. And he has every reason to. I stand by that. You live a life thinking you don't have a Dad. You watch your Mom die. And then you find out your Dad was alive and he didn't show up? Not even after your Mom died. Yeah I would be so pissed.

[Alexis grits her teeth.]

Alexis: I was warning him about what happens when you don't work through that and you start lashing out, knowing he wasn't going to listen to me. I said it then. I've just seen it in my own life. I mean, shit, I've watched so much wrestling, you just see the same patterns. You see so many people make the same decisions Spencer did and you just don't get surprised. Maybe that makes me jaded but I know what I'm talking about. I don't make this stuff up. I've seen it.

[She strokes her chin a bit.]

Alexis: There is no "I told you sos" Spencer or anything like that. That's the different between when I was younger and now. There's no glory in this. This is bad for the game. The lifeblood of pro wrestling is who's coming next. The next guys that come up and become the best. Spencer was a real prospect. He beat Christy Matthews as a rookie. Took the US belt off of her. That's real. He had talent. How old is he? 24? 23? He's not even 25, I know that. And once again, a talent that young, that good, just makes a few decisions and shit goes left. Too many times that's happened.

[She clapped her hands in frustrated. She then lets out a sigh.]

Alexis: I got no satisfaction from what happened. I was going to get a crack at that US title. I beat him! That's how it goes. You beat the champ, you're next in line. And I would have beat him again. I believe it. I figured out how to counter the Pryce Check. I had that scouted. I saw him scramble when I took that away from him. I knew I could do it again. Selfishly, this screws me me up. I'm pissed at that, honestly. He couldn't do this before the rematch?

And he's gone now.

He may never come back, too. I hope he does, as a fan of pro wrestling. I want to be here and see him come back, having dealt with all the anger, all the rage, so I can kick his ass. But wrestling is not always a fairytale. It wouldn't be the first time a real wrestling prospect self destructed before they even touched what they were capable of.

He won't be the last.

[Her eyes glare at the camera.]

Alexis: And so it goes.

[She presses her lips together.]

Alexis: Life goes on. The US title can't stay without a holder. I spent all last week, mentally just preparing for a match that wasn't even announced but knew was coming. And now I have to start thinking about this tournament. Instead of just beating Spencer again, now I have to think about Gavin Taylor; getting by him and then whoever comes after that. Things can change so quickly in this game. I know that more than anyone. But I'm ready. It might mean I have to do more work than I thought but, you know, that's part of the territory. This is competition. There's seven other people in this tournament that want the US title too. They have their reasons. This is fun.

[Alexis claps her hands together.]

Alexis: Let's fucking go!

[She smirks enthusiastically.]

Alexis: There can only be one champ. Breakdown this Thursday, Gavin, Glory Braddock..Owen. He's going to team with me. We're all in this tourney. If I get through Gavin, there's a chance I see Glory in the next round. I get through that, I could see Owen in the finals. He got me at the last PPV. Round 3 at the next one, for the belt, I mean, that idea sounds great to me.

It doesn't matter who's there in the finals.

As long as I'm there. The shit with Spencer, I couldn't control that. But I can control this. Since coming back, it's just been about getting back into the flow. I got a lot of new tricks, new skills, new things that I've picked up. It's all a work in progress. Owen is an example of that. I dropped a fall to him. Ameila Stone is in this tourney and she flipped over the Jack in a Box and she got me. I can control whether or not I'm there in the finals.

So Breakdown, this is going to be like scouting on the fly. I've never got in the ring with Gavin or Glory and they haven't seen me either. Gavin, you first at the PPV, All Star. You're always doing some type of crazy shit. You're all Hollywood and everything. That makes sense to me. Whenever I'm in LA and I'm walking down the streets, there's always some people all dressed up and they're talking your ear off trying to sell you on some shit that looks good, but you don't really need it.

[She chuckles.]

Alexis: I'm bias though. So Cal alright, but the real is always up North.

[She nods.]

Alexis: You and Ducky, you know, as good as it gets. Both of you guys are off the wall but in the ring, the results show. You guys deliver. I've watched your career for a long time. You've been around for years. Everywhere you've gone, you're won a belt, you're in big time matches, you're always in the mix. And I know if I'm off just a little bit, you can catch me. I take that as a challenge.

Your partner, Gavin, calls herself the Best in the World. And secretly, I've wanted to get my hands on you Glory. We've never walked past one another. But any time someone calls themselves the Best in the World, it catches my attention. I don't believe that shit.

[She sits up straight, her eyes stay on the camera.]

Alexis: I don't think you're the best in the world. You know, you're up there. It's not a doubt where your place is within the top tier of pro wrestling. You're right there with elite. Personally, when you say that, I see that as a challenge. I see that as a threat, honestly. Because if you were the Best in the World, that would mean I would have to admit you're better than me. And listen, Owen has beaten me. Amelia has beaten me. Selena Frost beat me four times and used to tell the whole world. All the time. That shit use to give me fuel and keep working on my technique so one day if we ever got back in the ring, I'm either making her quiet the Dreadnought or her ass is flat on the back after I beat her with the Dream.

That's the fun. That's the essence of pro wrestling. Two people just get to the ring, they both think they're better and they have a match to prove who actually is.

That shit is pure. Let no one tell you otherwise. That's all pro wrestling is. And it's fucking great!

[Alexis leans forward.]

Alexis: Old SCW fans remember when Dark Fantasy were Tag champs for like two years and with each challenger, everyone would get excited, wondering would they be the ones that knock them off. Me and Owen. There was a lot of excitement about us wrestling each other because we have our reasons, we have our goals and we put a lot of time working on our game and my fans, his fans, they wanted to see who was better. Who would win? That night it was him and he beat me clean. I made a mistake. He got me. The next day, when I get back home, I'm on this couch and I'm watching the match again, taking notes. Seeing where I messed up.

That's the sport.

[A wide smile grows on her face.]

So I'm coming after you, Glory. Best in the World. Alright. I want to see that with my own eyes. I mean, when I get to the second round of the tourney, you might not be there it. Tsunami might snatch you up. So I'm going to give you what they call a love tap. Just a little taste. I'm going to make you feel me. I'm here.

Best in the World.

See me in the ring. I want to see how you do when I put you under pressure.

[Alexis nods.]

Alexis: i'm looking forward to this. Owen, this is exciting. Us teaming up together. It's going to be fun. I know people are excited for me. I'm sure, the way our minds work and how we think out of the box, in real time we'll come up with some crazy double teams. Main thing is getting the win. But, you know, if all thing go well for me, you me, like I said, the finals. We could go at it again for the title.

[Alexis pauses.]

Alexis: You see things like what happened to Spencer and you're reminded of the ugly side of this. And then you get a match like this on Breakdown, me and Owen against Glory and Gavin. You get this one night tournament and you get reminded why this is the best thing out there.

Breakdown. Thursday night.

[Alexis claps her hands.]

Alexis: GET INTO IT!

[FIN]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Owen Lee & Alexis Quinne vs. Gavin Taylor & Glory Braddock - by Alexis Quinne - 04-19-2022, 10:12 PM