Owen Lee & Alexis Quinne vs. Gavin Taylor & Glory Braddock
==========
April 20th, 2022
Portland, OR
On Camera
==========

We open just outside of the Moda Center in Portland, Oregon. It is here where SCW Breakdown will soon be taking place. The camera pans over to get a shot of none other than “The British Bombshell” Glory Braddock casually walking into the scene, right in front of the Moda center. Braddock is dressed in denim jeans, white sneakers, a royal purple t-shirt, and a black leather jacket. Her long blonde hair cascades, flowing freely to past her shoulders. A confident grin is etched across her face. The British Bombshell stops dead center in the camera’s view of the Moda Center. She turns to face the camera.

“I have been in this business for a very long time. And I don’t just mean my debut as a pro, which was back in January of 2008. I was born and raised in a wrestling family, I was carried by my parents from show to show, and I got to know the inner workings of this business from a very young age. So as far as experience goes, my experience is over thirty years worth. And when fans or future prospects who hope to make it big as a wrestler themselves, when they come up and ask me for advice, one piece of advice I always give them is to expect the unexpected. Just look at Amelia and I. She was getting under my skin, I wanted to break her neck, and yet she managed to worm her way into my heart. Now I have taken her under my wing and I am mentoring her. I am teaching her everything I know about this business. Who would have expected that? Amelia did, and fair play to her, but I sure as hell didn’t see it coming. That’s why I told Amelia to always be prepared for anything, because you can never predict what will happen in this business.”

“That was exhibit A, now exhibit B…I was working with Amelia, teaching her, educating her, and both of us were expecting one of two things. Maybe I would just eventually transition into being Amelia’s full time mentor and trainer? Or perhaps Amelia and I would go for the tag team championships? I mean seriously, you currently have a penguin and a bear as your champions. Me and Amelia as your champions would be an improvement. Neither of us expected for Spencer Pryce to be fired, his United States Championship vacated, and a tournament held at Hollywood of the South to crown a new champion. And we certainly didn’t expect both of us to be in said tournament.”

“That’s what we didn’t expect. I did not expect to get another shot at the United States Championship. It would be my distinct honor and privilege to be the SCW United States Champion. I had a chance to win it at Rise To Greatness but came up a little short. You don’t get second chances in this industry but here I am with another opportunity to get that title. And I certainly didn’t expect this all to be in something that plays into my advantage. A tournament? Hell, tournaments are my specialty! My debut night as a professional wrestler I proved how much of a natural I was when I won a tournament in one night. Since joining SCW I have won back to back Trios Tournaments. Tournaments are MY wheelhouse! It is almost as if the United States Title is being gift wrapped to me.” Glory shakes her head. “But make no mistake about it, as surprising as these developments are, I am not taking any of it for granted. I will be ready.”

“No, I wasn’t expecting any of that; but I promise you, I definitely expected what was to come next. Whenever there’s a tournament, what else does one do but book the participants in random strange bedfellows style tag team matches? So yeah, why the hell not put me in a team with Gavin Taylor against Alexis Quinne and Owen Lee? None of us have been partners before, so I suppose there’s an even playing field there. But hey, at least on my side I can say that we both have terrific experience as tag team wrestlers. Gavin, my man, I credit you big time. You are formerly one half of the SCW World Tag Team Champions and on top of that, I must admit that it was you who stopped me from winning THREE Trios Tournaments in a row. So if I were to be randomly thrown into a tag team, it would be with you.” Glory applauds for Gavin.

“And Gavin knows damn well that he has a great partner in the form of The British Bombshell. I have held tag team titles on ten separate occasions in my career with multiple partners. So can I coexist with Gavin? Hell yes I can. I can coexist with anyone. It doesn’t matter. So yes, I am very confident in our chances to defeat Owen and Alexis on Breakdown.”

“Owen and Alexis…” Braddock nods her head “...you two are an appropriate pair, if you ask me. Two former world champions, you’ve both made triumphant returns, you’re both looking to regain your footing here in SCW. And this tournament could be your chance to do just that. But I don’t pretend to know anything about the pair of you except your in ring work, which in the case of Owen I have experienced first hand in a previous encounter, and in your case, Alexis, I know from watching tape. I do my homework, mate, and I have studied up on you, I know what you are capable of. You are very impressive. And if you…and Owen…are as intelligent as you seem to be, you will have done your homework as well.”

“Honestly, though, how much homework have you done? Are you relying only on your experiential knowledge, Owen? As for you, Alexis, it appears quite clear from what you’ve already said that you seem to be relying only on the Glory Braddock you have witnessed compete right here in SCW. Because you called me The Best in the World…” Braddock shrugs her shoulders “...or at least, that’s what I call myself, according to you. Fair enough, Best in the World was the attitude I had coming into SCW. That Glory Braddock, The Best in the World, is the only Glory Braddock that SCW has ever known. And that Glory Braddock is quite an impressive figure. A former Adrenaline Champion, former World Champion, two time Trios Tournament winner; that is very impressive if I do say so myself.”

“That Glory Braddock was also an arrogant, overconfident, and at times a condescending bitch who overlooked her opponents because she thought she really was the very best of the best to walk god’s green earth. That is the Glory Braddock that has been with SCW for these past several years. And if you are preparing for THAT Glory Braddock, then you are in for a rude awakening.”

Glory shakes her head. “The problem for you two is that it is not the Glory Braddock you are facing. That Glory Braddock was predictable. You could do your homework on her, you could prepare for her, you could gameplan for her. But that’s not who I am. Hell, I haven’t called myself Best in the World for a few years now. I haven’t acknowledged that moniker in a very long time, mate. So if you want to live in the past, if you want to prepare for someone who doesn’t exist anymore, if that is the only way you can fuel yourself and motivate yourself, then by all means, go for it, but I am giving you this warning…I am NOT who you think I am. I am not the kind of person you can prepare for, I am way too unpredictable for either of you.”

Braddock grins from ear to ear. “Though we can agree on one thing, matches like this are is what professional wrestling is all about. You have four very decorated athletes, of all ages and stages of their career, of many different styles and varieties, all stepping into the ring looking for one thing and one thing only…to compete, to see who is the best. You are fueled by the drive to be the best and I respect that. But you are going to get punched in the mouth courtesy of The All Star Bombshells.” Glory pauses for a moment and waves.

“Hi, Gavin? I know talking live during a promo is kind of an awkward time to address this, but do you think The All Star Bombshells is a good team name? I know we’re only teaming this one time only because Shaun Cruze needs to book the obligatory random tag team of future opponents to hype this tournament, but still, any and all proper tag team needs a good name. So is that a good name for you? If not, too bad, because I just christened us The All Star Bombshells.” Braddock winks at the camera.

“Owen, Alexis, see you out there.”
[Image: qyA5u6K.png]
SCW World Champion 1x
SCW United States Champion 1x
SCW Adrenaline Champion 1x
SCW Television Champion 1x
SCW World Tag Team Champion 1x (w/Brittany Lohan)
Supreme Champion
2019 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Regan Street & Kellen Jeffries)
2020 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Ace Marshall & David Helms)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Owen Lee & Alexis Quinne vs. Gavin Taylor & Glory Braddock - by Braddock - 04-20-2022, 09:29 AM