2023 Feud and Match of the Year
2022 Feud and Match of the Year
2018 SCW Trios Tournament Winner
2013 SCW Hall of Fame
SCW World Heavyweight Champion(3x)
SCW United States Champion(3x)
SCW Television Champion(1x)
SCW Tag Team Champion(2x)
2008 Tag Team of the Year award(Josh Hudson & Justin Davis)
Conquered Tactical Warfare 2010
HCCW World Heavyweight Champion (4x)
HCCW World Television Champion (1x)
HCCW United States Champion (1x)
XWE InterContinental Champion (1x)
XWE World Tag Team Champion (3x)
IWC World Heavyweight Champion(1x)
EAPW World Heavyweight Champion(1x)
TNW World Heavyweight Champion(1x)
WWA United States Champion(1x)
Ended Xander Valentine's 25 Match Winning Streak (2005)

[Image: scottreedbanner.png]
Scott Reed Career Accomplishments
SCW Television Champion(2x)
(OOC note - All characters used with the relevant permissions)

4th July 2022

New York City

Owen didn’t want to be constantly watching the progress of the school, but in the early days he wanted to make sure everything was running smoothly. Finch seemed to be doing a really good job thus far, and they now had several students signed up to the school, as well as a fair number of subscriptions to the Gym. The shelter was still empty, but that had always been the plan. To get the business side up and running and then concentrate on everything else. Although it wasn’t Owen’s intention, it didn’t stop Finch from feeling more than a little paranoid.

Finch: You don’t have to be looking over my shoulder all the time you know, I can do this.

Owen smiles as reassuringly as he can muster.

Owen: I know… I can see for myself how well you are doing.

Finch: So, am I supposed to believe that this is nothing more than you being in the area.

Owen: Oh no… I’m here to check things are going ok.

Finch: Great, thanks for the confidence boost.

Owen: I’m joking Finch… winding you up. I might be checking on the progress, but I’m not checking up on you. When I left, we didn’t have any students, and now we have five. I’m more than happy with that considering that there is an established school just down the road. Stop being paranoid and keep doing what you are doing and that’s more than enough for me.

Finch: You sure?

Owen: Yes, of course, I’m sure. I wouldn’t have asked you to move across America if I wasn’t sure. Of course, I wanted to help a friend, but I wasn’t doing it as a favor.

Finch: Well, I’m glad you’re happy.

Owen: Bro, we are giving back to these people. That alone makes me happy. I’m not finished yet though… not until the shelter is up and running.

Finch: About that?

Owen: Yeah.

Finch: I mean, it’s all well and good running a business and trying to make a profit. But dealing with people’s problems, real issues…

Owen: You’re not sure you can deal with that?

Finch shrugs

Finch: Guess I don’t know until I try.

Owen: Don’t worry, most of it will be listening. And Andy will be doing most of that

Andy was the psychiatrist that had helped both Owen and Shaun in the past.

Owen: Anyway, you know what its like being down and out bro, you’re probably more qualified than any of us to help. It’s a learning curve for us all, but we’ll get there. If you give a shit about these people, that’s all they want really.

Finch: I get it.

Owen: Good, then…

“Owen?”

Owen turns his head to face the familiar face of Jason King.

Owen: Yeah, what’s up Jason?

Jason: Someone in reception to see you, says he’s an old friend

Owen: Did he give a name?

Jason shakes his head.

Owen: OK… we’ll take this up again in a few Finch. Let me just deal with this.

Finch: No bother.

Owen walks out the gym area and into the reception, his eyes widening as he sees who is waiting.

Owen: AJ?

AJ Helms stands there with a less than inviting look on his face. It quickly becomes clear to Owen what this must be about.

AJ Helms: Wondering if I could have a word.

Jason seems to pick up on the animosity hanging in the air.

Jason: This OK Owen?

Owen: Yeah, I think so. Go take care of your students Jason.

Jason: You sure?

Owen: It’ll be fine.

Jason gives AJ another look which makes Helms smirk. Once he has gone, Owen turns back to AJ, and motions towards a door.

Owen: After you AJ…

AJ walks into an office, which had been designated for Finch. A nameplate sits proudly on the desk, something that Finch was really proud of. Without saying a word, Owen offers a seat to AJ, Owen purposely walking around to the other side, keeping as much distance as possible.

Owen: Can I get you a drink… think Finch has a bottle of JD in his desk.

AJ Helms: No thanks, this won’t take long.

Owen pulls out a drawer and takes the bottle, anyway, pouring himself a double into a tumbler. He had a feeling that he was going to need it. Once poured he takes a sip and then sits himself down, AJ never taking his eyes off him.

Owen: So, what can I do for you AJ?

AJ smirks, but Owen is only unnerved by it. It seemed like AJ was almost sneering at him.

AJ Helms: You can stop acting like you don’t know why I’m here for starters. You’re not a kid anymore Owen, so why don’t we act like grown men huh?

Owen: I’m guessing Jennifer?

AJ Helms: Bingo. See, that wasn’t so hard, was it?

Owen: AJ, I don’t want any trouble.

AJ shakes his head.

AJ Helms: No, me neither. If I wanted to spark you out sunshine, I would have done it already. All I want is a little chat, man to man. Make sure that we are clear on a few things. See, I heard about your little stunt, sending Rachel to talk to Mom… cute.

Owen: I didn’t ask Rachel to do that.

AJ Helms: No, but Daisy did. I’ll give you your due, you played the situation well.

Owen: Jen and I just want to make the most of our second chance bro. I’m not the person I was before.

AJ Helms: So, I’ve been told.

Owen: Like you said AJ, I was a kid before. I couldn’t handle my life, never mind a grown-up relationship. I hurt Jennifer, I know I did, and you have every right to be angry with me.

AJ Helms: Angry Owen? You misunderstand, I’m not angry.

Owen: You’re not?

AJ Helms: Don’t get me wrong… when you and Jen split up, I wanted to kick the shit out of you. When you shit all over my Dad after everything, he had done for you, I wanted to kill you. If it hadn’t had been for Dave, I would have. Jen’s a grown woman, and she can make her own decisions, I’m not going to lose my sister by nailing the man she loves to the wall.

Owen almost smiles hearing that she loves him, but he keeps an emotionless face.

AJ Helms: But when I was told that you had changed, that you were a changed person, I guess I needed to see it for myself.

Owen knew he was being judged, and strangely he didn’t mind. AJ and Owen had been good friends not that long ago. Them and Christian Cannon making quite the trio, the three of them even going to Ibiza together. They hadn’t said a word to each other in over a year, and it seemed that in that time AJ had grown up a little as well. He’d had to just as much as Owen… being a father did that to you. AJ looks around the office, and then back towards Owen.

AJ Helms: So, Jen tells me that this is a Wrestling School?

Owen: Yeah, and gym. And in a few weeks, we’ll have a shelter for the homeless running as well.

AJ Helms: Why?

Owen: What do you mean?

AJ Helms: There’s my dad’s old school, just down the road. Why build this, and build this here?

Owen: The memorial is just down the road as well

AJ Helms: Orlando’s memorial, yeah, I know. But I thought you wanted nothing to do with him.

Owen: I didn’t for a while. In fact, I’d go as far as to say I hated him for what he did. But you can’t hold grudges forever. I guess it took a while to understand that he was only doing what he thought was right, and in all the ways that mattered he was all the Dad I needed.

AJ listens intently, as if examining every word.

Owen: AJ, I know you probably have your doubts, and Jennifer is lucky to have a brother looking out for her like you. I didn’t expect you to welcome me back with open arms, just like I didn’t expect the SCW fans to love me like they once did. I let a LOT of people down, and I get that some will never forgive me. But I promise you AJ, that person has gone. I’ve grown up and know what is important to me, and what really doesn’t matter. Making a success of this place and giving something back, reestablishing my footing in SCW, and making Jennifer happy are my priorities, and I’ll never turn my back on those priorities again.

AJ Helms: Even if Orlando Cruze isn’t your father?

It was an obvious dig, designed to see how Owen reacted. To see if Owen would lose his cool and reveal the ‘old’ Owen that AJ wouldn’t let anywhere near his sister.

Owen: He might not be my biological Father AJ, but my biological father was a prick that tried to kill me. Orlando brought me up, knowing that I wasn’t his, and knowing that Mom had been raped by his brother.

If AJ was surprised by this information, he doesn’t show it.

Owen: The amount of forgiveness that must have taken… to be able to put all of that to one side and still make sure I had all the opportunities he never got as a kid. I reckon he deserves a little bit of forgiveness for one indiscretion, don’t you? Let’s face it, I was lucky he stepped up. And now, it’s my turn to do the same. I nearly lost everything bro, but I gained so much more. I’ll always be grateful for that.

AJ nods his head, but still doesn’t avert his gaze. For a moment there is an awkward silence until finally AJ speaks.

AJ Helms: I promise you Owen, you hurt Jen again, and not even Dad will stop me.

Owen: I won’t, you have my word.

AJ Helms: I can see it hasn’t been easy for you, and you’ve dealt with a fair amount of bullshit, but our family is close knit. You hurt one, you hurt all of us, you get me?

Owen: I get you.

AJ Helms: Good. Then as far as I’m concerned let’s put it behind us. I don’t know if Mom and Dad will be so forgiving, but I’ll stay out of it. But…

Owen: You don’t have to say it AJ, I won’t let you down again.

AJ Helms: OK… then how’s about you show me around this place and then you and I go get some beers and properly catch up.

Owen: I’d love that

AJ Helms: Great… led the way.

Owen leaves his untouched whiskey on the desk, and gets to his feet, following AJ out the room. It seemed like AJ, like many others, was willing to give him a second chance. And for Owen that was truly inspiring. Maybe they weren’t friends again, not quite yet. But at least Owen now had some belief that they could be, something he wouldn’t have thought possible less that ten minutes ago. To Owen, this was proof positive that almost anyone could come back from real adversity. Which gave him even more purpose to ensure that the shelter was a success. If he turned one person’s life around like he had for the couple back in London a couple of years ago, all of this would be worthwhile. He shuts the door behind him, a huge smile on his face.

4th July 2022
New York City

Having a few drinks with AJ, it had seemed like old times. Maybe it was the alcohol that had loosened AJ emotions, perhaps in the morning things would still be the same, and the two of them still wouldn’t be friends. But to Owen it seemed like progress, and progress was what he had been striving for since Daisy had helped him retake control in all walks of his life. He would have stayed later but now he is walking back to the hotel he was staying in near to the shelter, knowing that he was flying to Pittsburgh tomorrow morning for Breakdown. Tiredness was starting to take over, it had been a long week, but he had achieved a lot. Now though all he could think about was the comfy hotel bed. That is until he realizes that someone is walking behind him, a little too close for comfort. His senses heightened, adrenaline starting to pump, Owen doesn’t look back and instead decides to walk more quickly, the footsteps behind him speeding up as well. They seem to get closer and closer, until it seems like they are less than a meter away. Owen stops abruptly, and turns, making the person behind him react, lifting a knife. Owen catches the reflection of the blade in the streetlight and instinctively kicks out, kicking the knife away. Before the knife has even hit the floor, Owen tackles his assailant to the floor, pinning him and making it so they are unable to move.

Owen: What the fuck do you want?

Owen lowers the hood and see’s his assailant for the first time, a man… well a boy, probably no older than sixteen years old. A scar runs down from his eye and almost to his jawline, but Owen see’s the fear in his eyes, and his cowering nature. Owen loosens his forearm that he had pressed against the guy’s throat, still ready should they react.

Owen: I’m going to let go… be cool yeah?

The guy nods, and Owen gets to his feet, expecting them to run away and yet they don’t, and instead prop themselves up with their back to the wall. They had attacked the wrong person today, and they had quickly realized that. What they didn’t realize was that without Daisy’s training, the result could have been far different.

Owen: What’s your name?

Guy: Reed… I guess you’re going to call the cops.

Owen: Reed huh? Nah, I’m not going to call the cops.

Reed looks more than a little confused, especially when Owen offers his hand. Reed looks at it for a moment before taking it, Owen helping him to his feet.

Owen: You eaten?

Reed: Not for a while.

Owen: I know a place… can get a hot meal inside you and maybe talk?

Reed: Nah thanks, I’ve heard of guys like you.

Owen: Look, I’m not looking to sell you to the highest bidder or something. I just want to help that’s all. You look like you could do with it.

Reed: Sure…

Owen: Look bro, you just drew a knife on me, and I didn’t kick your ass. I could have already gotten you arrested, and I haven’t. All I want to do is talk and get you something to eat, I reckon I deserve that don’t you?

Reed: OK, but if I see any trouble

Owen: You’ll do what kid? I think you already know I can handle myself. I know you probably don’t trust anyone, but you can trust me. And who knows, maybe you’ll benefit from us meeting.

Owen can see the kid still isn’t sure, so he shrugs his shoulders.

Owen: OK, well I’m going this way, you can follow if you want. If not, then take care of yourself Reed.

Owen then turns on his heels, now walking towards the shelter as opposed to his hotel. He keeps walking for a short while, until eventually he hears those familiar footsteps behind him, a smile forming on his face.

TEN MINUTES LATER

Reed sits in the gymnasium on one of the weight benches, taking in his surroundings. Owen had been right, Reed had learned not to trust anyone, and he certainly didn’t trust what was happening right now. Granted, this didn’t look like the offices of a Child Trafficking ring, but then again this could just be a front. As Owen walks out from the back with a plate in one hand, and a mug in the other, Reed’s intrigue starts to peak.

Owen: Sorry Reed, my culinary skills aren’t the best.

Owen passes Reed the plate. Chips, egg and sausage, not the most gourmet of meals, but right now it looks like it had come from a Michelin chef to Reed, and he takes his knife and fork gratefully before tucking in. Owen then rests a mug of coffee on the bench by Reed’s side. The meal is polished off in what seems like moments, Reed then picking up the coffee and drinking it. Wiping his mouth with the back of his hand he then notices that Owen hasn’t taken his eyes away from him, not knowing that already Owen was trying to work him out.

Reed: So, what is this place really?

Owen: What does it look like?

Reed: A gym?

Owen: There you go… it’s my gym, I own it. And the wrestling school that runs from here as well.

Reed: You own it?

Owen: Yeah, all bought and paid for. Does that surprise you?

Reed: Yeah

Owen: Why? Because I’m young and black?

Reed: Hey, I’m not a racist.

Owen: I’m sure you’re not, but that’s what you were thinking isn’t it?

Reed: Well, you must have done something illegal to get the money to buy this place.

Owen: I didn’t buy it, I built it from the ground up. And no, I didn’t do anything illegal. Just goes to show doesn’t it, that you can’t judge a book by its cover.

Reed: I’ve just learned that if something looks to good to be true then it probably is.

Owen: And this place looks to good to be true?

Reed: I don’t know.

Owen: You haven’t even heard the best bit yet. Can I ask you a question?

Reed: You’ve given me something to eat so I guess so.

Owen: I’m assuming you live on the streets; how did you get there?

Reed: Long story

Owen: I’m not in a hurry.

Reed: Mom and Dad split up when I was two. Guy, she got with was a dick, always trying to be my Dad, telling me what to do.

Owen: So, can’t you live with your biological Father?

Reed: He died… ten years ago now.

Owen: I see.

Reed: It was just better for everyone if I disappeared. Me and my Stepdad were always arguing, I just had to get out. Didn’t realize it would be so tough though, did I?

He runs his finger across his scar.

Owen: How did you get that?

Reed: I wasn’t stupid, I didn’t leave home with nothing. This scar was the result of me trying to defend what I had. Unsuccessfully. After that happened, I couldn’t go home, could I?

Owen: I’m sure they are worried about you Reed. You might not believe it, but I’m sure it’s true.

Reed lowers his head, once again showing the vulnerability when he was pinned to the floor.

Owen: Reed?

He brings his gaze back to Owen.

Reed: I don’t know, six weeks after I left, Mom died of a cancer I didn’t even know she had. Two weeks after that, my stepdad took his own life. That’s why I’m here, doing what I must. Because I don’t have a choice, and I hate my parents for doing this to me.

Owen takes a breath, he was by no means a psychiatrist, and Andy could have dealt with this far better than he ever could. He didn’t want to say the wrong thing and send Reed away knowing that he probably wouldn’t last any longer than a month.

Owen: Reed, it sounds like you have had a really shit time of it, but I can help.

Reed: How, and why would you after what I was going to do to you?

Owen: This place isn’t just a gym, or wrestling school. Upstairs is a provision for a shelter, to help people just like you who are in real need. No strings, we can give you a bed, food… all we ask in return is help around the gym, cleaning up, maintenance, that kind of thing. Long term, we can help put you back on your feet, maybe even a job, an apartment.

Reed: Why though?

Owen: Look Reed, I’ll admit, I’ve been a bit of a dick as well. I’m trying to give back, pay something forward whatever you want to call it. This is my way, to do some good in a world that is collapsing on its own ass. Way I see it, you have nothing to lose, and surely, it’s better than getting your ass kicked by folk like me that don’t stand for that shit?

Reed: I guess.

Owen: How’s about this, I’ll show you a room, and you can stay for the night, no strings attached. If you wake up in the morning and you think staying is a good idea, we’ll talk some more, but if not… no problem. Deal?

Reed: OK

Owen: Good, then follow me… you’ll have your own room, lockable door. Your own space.

Reed: Err, one thing?

Owen: Shoot

Reed: Who are you?

Owen smiles, surprised that he hadn’t been asked that already.

Owen: I’m Owen Lee.

Reed: Reed James

Owen: Cool, then let’s get you settled Reed James.

Owen heads towards the door that leads upstairs, opening it for Reed who somewhat nervously, even now, walks up the stairs. Reed didn’t know it yet, but he had just made a decision that had saved his life, and would probably in time, change it forever. For Owen, it was the first step of the Shelter doing great things. Giving back to a life that he now knew had given him so much.

8th July 2022
Miami

Owen hadn’t really had a lot of time to talk with Reed but had left him in the capable hands of Finch, the two of them quickly hitting it off. Finch did have a way with people which would suit the role, Owen just hoped he hadn’t put Finch in over his head, whilst also hoping that helping Reed didn’t end up biting him in the backside. After appearing on yet another ‘eventful’ Breakdown that was all building towards the biggest show of the year, Owen had immediately made his way back to Miami, wanting to make sure that the guest room was ready for Shaun who would be coming back with him to Miami to visit after the next edition of Breakdown. There was still a little decorating to be done, the guest room being one he thought he could have left for a little longer, Shaun’s visit bringing the need to speed up the process. Currently stood in that very room, Owen looks around it, nodding his head in appreciation of the job the decorator had done. His thoughts are broken however by the ringing of the doorbell, Owen taking out his cellphone and bringing up the app that shows him via a camera who was outside. His eyes narrow, as he sees Maisie Phillips stood there, bold as brass, but at least having not broken in this time. Owen pauses, for a moment wondering if he could just ignore her, but then realizing that if he didn’t answer, she would probably find a way in, an action that would probably end up costing him money. So instead, and with a huge sigh, he makes his way downstairs and opens the door, Maisie greeting him with a smile.

Maisie: Good Morning, Owen, beautiful day don’t you think?

Owen: What do you want Maisie?

Maisie: Well, that’s a little rude don’t you think? Aren’t you going to invite me in?

Owen: I don’t think so.

Maisie: I could make a scene, get the neighbors talking if you want.

Owen: I think Shaun said all that needed to be said

Maisie: Hmmm, not quite. Come on, let me in. I promise to be a good girl.

Against his better judgment Owen steps aside, allowing Maisie to enter the house. He then picks up his mobile phone, following her through the house as he unlocks it, seeming to check his messages before putting it in his pocket. Wearing a short, flowery summer dress she looks cute, and yet Owen knew the devious nature underneath. Once in the kitchen, Maisie sits on one of the breakfast stools, whether it was on purpose or not, showing Owen her panties as she crosses her legs. There was no doubt that Maisie was an attractive woman, but the baggage that came with her made her a dangerous proposition as Shaun, and then Owen himself had found out.

Maisie: How’s about a drink? Alcoholic obviously.

Owen: You’re not staying Maisie.

Maisie: It’s very hot outside, I’m quite sweaty. Perhaps I should take this dress off?

She drops one of the straps off her shoulder, then the other, the dress hanging off but not revealing her breasts, Owen rolling his eyes,

Owen: One drink, and then that’s it.

Maisie: Oh Owen, there is no need to be shy. Or perhaps being with Jennifer you’re afraid to be with a real woman?

Owen ignores her, which makes Maisie chuckle. He takes the bottle of white wine that had been in there since Jennifer was there last and pours Maisie a small glass. He slides it towards her, and she picks it up, taking a sip. She then looks at Owen, licking her lips.

Maisie: Do I frighten you, Owen?

Owen takes a seat, as far away from her as he can.

Owen: Should I be scared?

Maisie: Of little old me? Haven’t you heard, I’m a little crazy?

Owen: What are you doing here Maisie?

Maisie takes another sip and then places the glass back on the table, uncrossing her legs, leaving Owen in no doubt she was doing it on purpose trying to make him feel awkward.

Maisie: It’s quite simple. You see Shaun thought it a good idea to try and pay me off, and I must admit that the money will come in handy. But you see Owen, it isn’t enough.

Owen: It isn’t?

Maisie: No, because that pretty little thing Angyalka has everything that I should have. Her life, that should have been mine. No amount of money will ever make up for what I lost; therefore, nothing has changed. Shaun might think money solves everything, but some things are more important, like love for instance.

She reaches out with her foot, running it along Owen’s leg.

Maisie: Last time I came here I was a little rude, now I see that I went about it the wrong way. A young man like you, you have needs, wants that Jennifer probably cannot give you.

Her foot rises, now at his inner thigh.

Maisie: If you were to help me Owen, I’m sure we could come to some arrangement to ease that frustration you must be feeling.

She looks directly at his groin, licking her lips

Maisie: Oh look, someone is happy to see me.

Owen gets to his feet, adjusting his shorts.

Owen: It’s time to go Maisie, you’ve lost it.

Maisie: Why? Why have I lost it Owen? Because I am willing to fulfil your every need? Or maybe it’s because I hung your sweet little doggy from that tree and got away with it. Owen, I could be really kind to you, I could give you everything, every fantasy you could possibly imagine. However, you wanted to use me, you could. Whatever you wanted.

She gets to her feet, walking towards Owen who stands his ground.

Maisie: But if you don’t do this one little thing for me Owen, bad things are going to happen. Who knows what will happen the next time Angyalka takes Dorothea out in the car? What about your sister Ruby, isn’t she studying all alone over in Italy? And Kloe, she’s travelling the world, isn’t she? Would be a real shame if she disappeared.

Maisie leans forwards and runs her tongue along Owen’s neck, before whispering in his ear.

Maisie: And what if your dream came true Owen and Jennifer became pregnant? What if I did to her what I did to Shaun’s first wife Pixie and stabbed her in the stomach? I got away with that Owen, pleaded that I was out of mind. A few months on a psych ward and then I’d be out again… cured.

Owen: You ARE crazy

Maisie: Oh Owen, you don’t know half the things I’ve done, or even a fraction of what I am capable of. Be smart Owen, do as I ask.

Her hand rests on his inner thigh, making its way inside his shorts, Owen reaching behind him in his pocket, holding up his mobile phone.

Owen: Or maybe I won’t Maisie? Maybe, I’d just give this recording to the police, proving that you ain’t cured at all.

Maisie’s eyes widen, and she makes a grab for the phone, Owen quickly moving it out the way.

Owen: Not so fast… now let’s talk about how this is really going to go?

Maisie takes a step back, her face nowhere near as confident as it was.

Maisie: You tricked me

Owen: No Maisie, I played you at your own game. Shaun thought you might try this, hence the money.

Maisie looks on stunned

Owen: What you are going to do is take that money, and start a new life somewhere, away from all of us. Don’t care what country, you just leave us alone. You’ll stay away from Regan, and you’ll drop this bullshit blackmail.

Maisie: And if I don’t?

Owen: Then this recording goes to the cops, it’s already saving to the cloud so whatever you do from here, Shaun has access to it. You’ll either get sent back with the other crazies, or you’ll get sent down to be Bertha’s bitch… I don’t care which.

Maisie: You wouldn’t do that

She points at his groin

Maisie: Look at you, you like me.

Owen: Maisie, I pity you… and that, well that has a mind of its own.

He laughs, which annoys Maisie even more.

Owen: Now get out, before I throw you out. And I never want to see you again, you understand?

Maisie’s eyes glisten, tears forming, but suddenly she lashes out, slapping Owen across the cheek. Owen brings his right hand to his face, his eyes filling with fire, his left-hand clenching, which Maisie see’s.

Maisie: Go on, do it. Be just like Shaun…

With those words the anger subsides, his fist unclenching as he takes his hand away from his cheek, realizing that the phone is still recording.

Owen: No Maisie, I won’t hit you. I’m nothing like Shaun, and I’m nothing like Orlando.

Maisie: You’re not half the man Shaun is.

Owen: No Maisie, I’m much more. Now get out, before I call the cops on you now.

Maisie realizing, she is done still finds time to finish off her wine before heading back to the front door.

Maisie: You’ll all pay for this…

Owen laughs, shaking his head and holding up the phone to remind her.

Owen: No Maisie, I don’t think we will.

Maisie leaves, kicking Owen’s motorbike as she walks up the path and then away from the house, Owen chuckling as he shuts the door behind her. He then brings up his message app, and his and Shaun’s thread, and types in two words.

‘It’s done’

With a smile he walks back into the kitchen, and pulls out a bottle of water, the scene slowly fading on Owen’s grinning face.

16th July 2022
Miami

Over a week had passed without hearing from Maisie, or any further ‘events’ occurring. Owen had half expected her to turn up at his door after Shaun had arrived, and yet everything had remained quiet. For Owen it was more than a little unnerving, but Shaun still seemed really calm with the whole thing, believing that their little ruse had done the trick. And although they had spoken about it almost as soon as Shaun had arrived, it hadn’t dominated the conversation like he thought it would. Having lunch, and showed Shaun around the neighborhood, they now found themselves in a place Owen often frequented, the bar owned by probably his best friend in Miami, Charlotte. Charlotte had made it clear she wanted more but understood that Jennifer was the only girl for him, and so had allowed herself to be ‘friend-zoned’ though she was happy with that. For Charlotte, Owen was pretty much the best guy she knew, and liked spending time with him, and even with Jennifer around. It could have been awkward, but it wasn’t, and Owen appreciated that more than Charlotte knew.

Shaun: This is a cool place, reminds me of the bar Orlando and I used to own in Newquay.

Owen: I like it, helps that the owner is a friend.

Shaun: So, will I get to meet her?

Owen: If she’s about… hang on I’ll ask Scott.

Scott was Charlotte’s bar manager and pretty much ran the place. Owen gets his attention and calls him over.

Scott: And what can I do for my favorite straight guy? Let me guess… Jack Daniels?

Owen: Make that two

Scott: And who is this?

Owen: It’s my Uncle

Shaun: Hey, I’m Shaun

Scott: And I’m Scott…

Owen laughs, seeing the look in Scotts eyes.

Owen: Stand down Mister, he’s married.

Scott: All the good straight ones are sweet pea. Anything else?

Owen: Is Charlotte about?

Scott: In the back I think, want me to get her?

Owen: If you could… appreciate that.

Scott: Anything for you Owie-Bear.

Owen: Cheers Scott

Scott walks away, and steps behind the bar, occasionally looking over

Owen: In case you hadn’t figured it out…

Shaun: Gay right?

Owen: Yep, as he would say ‘full-blown homo’.

Shaun: I wouldn’t have guessed

Shaun really lays the sarcasm on thick.

Owen: What is it with you? Any sex, any gender, everyone pines for Shaun Cruze

Shaun: You’ve either got it, or you don’t. I got it.

Owen: Shame you didn’t get the intelligence to go with it.

Owen looks up as Scott disappears to the back.

Shaun: I like it here Owen, it seems good for you. Very laid back.

Owen: It’s why I chose it. I wanted to get away from LA and everything that came with it.

Shaun: Gotta admit, I kind of envy you. It always seemed chill when I lived in Newquay with Pixie.

Owen: Everything that happened made me realize that I was drowning. Everyone knew me and I couldn’t get away from wrestling no matter how much I tried. Here I can walk around, and no one stops me, they barely notice me and that’s just the way I like it. I’d never go back, not now.

Shaun: Not even if Jennifer asked you to?

Owen pauses for a minute and then grins.

Owen: OK, so maybe not ‘never’

Charlotte comes out from the back, immediately clocking Owen and the two smiling at each other. She then grabs the drinks and starts walking over.

Shaun: This Charlotte?

Owen: The one and only

Charlotte arrives at the booth and places the drink at the table, Owen shuffling over so that she can take a seat. She kisses Owen on the cheek as she always did, and then turns to Shaun.

Charlotte: Scott was right, you are hotter in real life. Hi, I’m Charlotte.

Shaun: Hi I’m…

Charlotte: Shaun, I know. I’ve seen you on the television.

Owen: Charlottes turned into a bit of a wrestling geek since she met me.

Shaun: Ah ok…

Charlotte: Watched your movies now too…

Owen: Looks like you have yourself an obsessive fan Shaun.

Charlotte digs Owen in the ribs with her elbow. Owen wincing but laughing at the same time. Charlotte then takes one of the beermats and pulls out a pen.

Charlotte: Could you sign this for me?

Owen: Oh, my days, how embarrassing.

Charlotte: Shut it you.

Shaun picks up the beermat and gladly signs it, reveling in Owen’s embarrassment as he does.

Charlotte: Thank you

Shaun: No problem. Don’t mind him. He hates it when he realizes his uncle is more popular than he is.

Owen: Wrestler, Businessman, Actor, Writer, Producer… how could I ever compete?

Shaun: You can’t, I’m kind of a swell guy.

Owen rolls his eyes and looks over at Charlotte who seems too much in awe of Shaun to even realized he is there.

Owen: OK Charlotte, you’ve met him. You can go now.

Charlotte: But…

Shaun: Want a picture?

Charlotte: Can I?

Owen puffs out his cheeks, he’d never seen her like this. Like ever.

Shaun: Sure thing, Owen can take it.

Charlotte passes Owen her phone, and under some duress Owen waits as Shaun stands up, the two of them getting close so that Owen can take the picture. Once done, Shaun kisses Charlotte on the cheek.

Owen: There, now don’t you have work to do?

Charlotte: Yeah, I guess I do. Nice to meet you, Shaun. And thanks again.

Shaun: You too, and my pleasure.

Owen watches as Charlotte walks towards the bar, going a little giddy with Scott, before going through to the back.

Shaun: She’s great. I can see why you like her.

Owen: She likes me too… apparently only when you’re not around.

Shaun: Must have been difficult… her wanting to be with you and the Jennifer thing?

Owen: Not really. Charlotte’s amazing, and in another timeline then yeah for sure. But it was always Jennifer.

Shaun: Yeah, I can see that. Kinda how it was when I met Angyalka.

Owen: But not Pixie?

Shaun: That was different, not as intense. You hang onto her mate; Jennifer adores you anyone can see that. You belong together. And if it fails, least you’ve got a backup.

Owen: Tell you what, I’ll tell Charlotte you said that. She won’t think you’re so great then.

Shaun: Only joking… you and Jennifer won’t fail. Not this time. I reckon you’re both for life.

Owen: I think so.

Shaun: How long that life will last though who knows?

Owen: What do you mean?

Shaun: I mean, you’re facing Josh Hudson at Rise to Greatness, and he literally wants to kill you.

Instead of responding straight away, Owen takes a sip of the Jack Daniels, giving him time to ponder the statement. By the time he has, Shaun has taken a sip of his own, whilst also finding to wave at a still watching Scott.

Owen: Look Shaun, we both know that when you become General Manager, there was always a chance of this happening, and you having to sign off on a match you didn’t like.

Shaun: Owen, I….

Owen: No, let me talk Shaun. Hudson has a bug up his ass about me no question, and quite frankly I still don’t understand why, but that bug has gotten me a United States Champion shot, so I’m certainly not going to complain. Right now, he is one of the most hypocritical son-of-a-bitches alive, and I’ve been given the opportunity to bring him down a couple of notches and show him exactly why SCW re-signed me, even after everything I had done. He thinks I haven’t paid enough for my ‘crimes’ yet, and if that is his opinion, who am I to dispute that. It’s HIS opinion. He’s tried, oh he’s tried, to take me out on more than one occasion. If he’d not gotten involved at Taking Hold of the Flame, maybe it would have been me facing Selena, and not Adam Allocco. But thus far he’s failed. I’m still here, still alive, and on the cusp of taking the one last thing that he is desperately holding onto so that he can remain relevant. His reputation is in tatters… without that title he is nothing but a relic. Him having to come to terms with that will be even more satisfying than being the United States Champion.

Shaun: You’ve got to watch out for him Owen. You’ve heard what he’s been saying. He wants to punish you.

Owen: You think I’m not aware of that. I’m not stupid Shaun. I felt how much he wanted to break my arm. I’ve struggled as he’s put me to sleep and refused to let go. All of it has happened behind my back. When we step in that ring, I’m younger, I’m quicker and more than anything I have a chance at taking his belt because I firmly believe I am better. At Rise to Greatness, he has GOT to front up to me, and I promise you that because of Daisy’s training, I’m ready. I can look after myself Shaun, and at Rise to Greatness Josh is going to realize that too… but by then it will be too late, and I’ll be a champion again. I’m doing you a favor because if I beat him, there’s no doubt the hypocritical bastard will turn his back on this company and leave.

Shaun lets out a deep breath which turns into a sigh. He wanted Owen to be right, but he knew firsthand just how good Josh Hudson still was, and the lengths he would go to, to remain champion. Getting disqualified and really hurting Owen in the process was certainly within his remit, and it was that which worried Shaun, not whether Owen was good enough. He knew that he was limited in what he could however and hoped that Owen truly knew what he was facing. He knew he had to have faith, but Owen’s opponent and their lack of morality made that extremely difficult. Shaun picks up his glass though and raises it.

Shaun: You’ve earned this chance, Owen. Now take it.

Owen: Thanks. And don’t worry, I got this.

For a moment they just look at each other, neither sure what to say next. Owen was confident no doubt, but was he lacking judgement, Shaun hoped that wasn’t the case. In Owen’s opinion however he knew exactly what he was doing, and what he was facing and was ready to fight fire with fire, something he wouldn’t have been able to do a year ago. The moment is interrupted by Scott who walks over with a tray.

Scott: Shots on Charlotte?

Shaun: You trying to get me drunk Scott?

Scott blushes, which makes both Owen and Shaun laugh. The three of them taking a shot each and downing it, as the scene fades.
[Image: 270041540-258425806375597-7033161467703002046-n.png]
A History of Violence, Chapter III
[Image: hudson2020v2.png]
Josh Hudson Career Accomplishments
2023 Feud and Match of the Year
2022 Feud and Match of the Year
2018 SCW Trios Tournament Winner
2013 SCW Hall of Fame
SCW World Heavyweight Champion(3x)
SCW United States Champion(3x)
SCW Television Champion(1x)
SCW Tag Team Champion(2x)
2008 Tag Team of the Year award(Josh Hudson & Justin Davis)
Conquered Tactical Warfare 2010
HCCW World Heavyweight Champion (4x)
HCCW World Television Champion (1x)
HCCW United States Champion (1x)
XWE InterContinental Champion (1x)
XWE World Tag Team Champion (3x)
IWC World Heavyweight Champion(1x)
EAPW World Heavyweight Champion(1x)
TNW World Heavyweight Champion(1x)
WWA United States Champion(1x)
Ended Xander Valentine's 25 Match Winning Streak (2005)

[Image: scottreedbanner.png]
Scott Reed Career Accomplishments
SCW Television Champion(2x)
22nd July 2022

Los Angeles

Owen pulls up to the house trying to look calm, when the fact was inside his stomach was doing somersaults. When he had text, he had half-hoped that he would be told where to go. But it was with some surprise that he had received a one-word answer.

‘Sure’

A couple of texts more and a meeting had been arranged, a neutral venue would have been preferred but the reality was Owen wasn’t in a place whereby he could choose. As he gets out the car and walks up the driveway, he is more than aware that he would be being watched on the security cameras, and that only served to make him even more nervous. He presses the doorbell and is only waiting a few moments when to his surprise AJ Helms answers the door, a huge smirk on his face.

Owen: AJ?

AJ: I gotta give you credit, you got some balls on you that’s for sure.

Owen: You’re not helping. Kinda glad you’re here though.

AJ: Oh, I ain’t staying, just wanted to make sure I was here when you arrived. Mom and Dad are in the garden. Good luck.

AJ holds the door open, Owen walking into the entranceway, as AJ winks, shutting the door behind him. Owen walks through the house, still remembering the layout, through the kitchen and out the patio doors. The first person he sees is Regan, but her back is to him. David Helms however is looking right at him, his face emotionless. He does however wave Owen over, which causes Regan to turn towards him, her face telling its own story. As Owen arrives at the table, David motions towards a chair, which Owen uses to sit.

David: Good Afternoon, Owen.

The greeting was very formal and did nothing to put Owen at ease. Regan doesn’t say a word, and just looks at it, as if still even now trying to weigh him up.

David: Can I get you something, a drink perhaps?

Owen: I don’t want to put you out.

Regan scoffs, but goes back to whatever she is drinking, looking at Owen over the rim of the glass.

David: Not a problem, orange juice, ok?

Owen nods, starting to feel unnerved by Regan constantly glaring at him. Finally, she takes her eyes off him to look at David as he pours Owen a drink. The difference between the two was noticeable, Regan’s cold exterior being thawed a little by David’s warmth. Owen was more than aware that David’s hospitality could turn in a moment should Owen say the wrong thing. Owen takes the drink, holding it up to David, thanking him before taking a sip.

David: So, Owen, what can we do for you? I admit it was a surprise to receive your text after all this time.

Owen: Honestly, I wasn’t sure you would reply.

David nods agreeably, Regan seeming to listen intently.

David: I’m going to level with you Owen, neither was I. But it’s been a long time since we last ‘interacted’… I must admit I was intrigued by what you might have to say.

Owen: Thank you for the chance.

David: Don’t thank me Owen, not yet anyway.

There was a certain edge to that statement, a coldness in his voice that Owen cannot ignore. He tries not to dwell on it however, preferring to keep the conversation going.

Owen: I know that what I did to you and your family is inexcusable…

David: I won’t disagree with that.

Owen: I let my emotions get the better of me, and I made a lot of mistakes. So many people turned their backs on me, and rightfully so. I very nearly threw away my career just because I was so angry at Orlando. And when I came to my senses and realized what I was doing, when Daisy cut me off from the world and put me back together. Yes, making it up to people that had been there for me, people like you and Regan, even Olek was important. When Daisy showed me that my time in wrestling wasn’t over like I believed and realigned my focus and showed me that I still had a purpose there. When my head was straight, and I was finally looking at thing through clear eyes once more, the one resounding factor in my life that I HAD to put right in my life was Jennifer. Letting her go, that was the biggest mistake of all.

David: You hurt us all Owen that’s for sure… but what made it worse was the fact you were only hurting yourself.

Owen nods agreeably.

Owen: You’re right, I was. And it took Daisy to pull me off social media and cut me off from the world to show me that. She put me through hell Dave, just to teach me a resiliency that I simply didn’t have. It’s not an excuse, but finding out Orlando wasn’t my biological Father, it destroyed me. It made me feel that my whole life had been a lie. So many people told me I was wrong, but I refused to listen.

David: But you’re listening now?

Owen: To those that are important to me. Yes.

David glances over at Regan who still hasn’t said a word. He’d spoken with Regan about what Rachel had said, and in all honestly her words hadn’t surprised him. Owen did indeed seem like a changed person, he seemed more mature, more at ease in this world. He didn’t pay a lot of attention to Supreme Championship Wrestling anymore, but he had noted Owen’s battles with Josh Hudson, and the way he had dealt with that situation. He’d also spoken with AJ, who also seemed to confirm that this wasn’t the same individual who had taken everything David and his family had done for him when Orlando died and thrown it back in their face. David also saw a lot of the young man in him, after all it wasn’t like he hadn’t made his mistakes in the past and allowed his frustrations to get the better of him.

David: Regan?

Owen had been happy that he’d been talking with David, and although her stare was burning through him, he was glad that she’d not really gotten involved. She leans forwards and places her drink on the table as David sinks back into his seat.

Regan: Rachel thinks very highly of you Owen, do you know that?

Owen: I do, and I appreciate her support.

Regan: I know Daisy is her sister, but she wouldn’t say something that she didn’t mean, not for anyone. Our relationship, Rachel’s and mine, is borne from some of the bloodiest battles that SCW ever saw. So, if Rachel says something, she is one of the very few people I will listen to. And I have no doubt Daisy knew that.

Owen: I didn’t ask Rachel to speak to you.

Regan: I know… but Rachel did give me some food for thought. Rachel reminded me that in the past, I’ve had my fair share of chances. And where would I be if people hadn’t given me opportunities after I’d made mistakes? Thing is Owen, this isn’t just about giving you a second chance, is it? This is about you and my daughter and trusting you with her is an entirely different matter. I just don’t think you are right for her Owen…

Owen: You think he can do better?

Regan: I’m sorry, but yes, I do.

Owen tries not to react, but his face must give away his disappointment. It wasn’t a regular occurrence these days, but he starts to feel that old familiar feeling of helplessness.

Owen: OK, so what can I do to change that?

The question leaves Owen’s lips before he can stop it, and he is more than aware his tone is more than a little antagonistic. Regan doesn’t react immediately, but after a few moments, a smirk forms over her face.

Regan: You know me Owen, once I’ve made up my mind…

Owen: Shall we fire up the karaoke?

It was a reference to the last time the two of them had been at odds, Owen’s last throw of the dice working with some aplomb.

Regan: So, I can listen to another of your off-key performances? I don’t think so. Look Owen… if you think I’m going to welcome you back into the family with open arms then I’m sorry, but it simply isn’t going to happen. Rachel says you have changed, but until I see it with my own eyes, I just can’t let what you did slide. However, Jennifer isn’t a kid anymore, and I can’t stop her from behind with you if that’s what she wants. If you two are going to make a go of it, then I won’t go out my way to cause you any trouble.

Owen: Thank you.

Regan shakes her head.

Regan: Don’t thank me Owen, thank Rachel. Thank David for being a much better person than me. But I’m warning you Owen, and you’d do well to remember this. You hurt her again, and I’ll make sure I do a damn sight more than hurt your wrist.

Owen: I understand.

Regan gets to her feet, grabbing her drink.

Regan: Don’t fuck this up again.

Owen nods, as Regan turns and walks away, obviously still even now not convinced. Once she walks back into the house, Owen turns to David who is smirking at him.

David: I’d say you got off lightly there Owen.

Owen: Is she giving me another chance? I’m confused.

David: Yeah, she is, but under some duress.

Owen: I’m guessing I have you to thank for that?

David: Rachel did the groundwork… I helped, I guess.

Owen: Why?

David: Because I remember the conversations I had with Orlando, and how he wanted your life to be. He may not have been your biological Father, but he was your Dad in every sense of the word. Plus, I had a chat with AJ, I’ve seen how you have conducted yourself on television of late. I can understand how the whole thing with Orlando would have been a kick in the balls, and how it would cause you to unravel. Like you said, not an excuse, but it is a reason. You’re young, you fucked up… it’s what you do from here that matters. And truthfully, after seeing how Jennifer was, and how she is now… well she’s happy again, and that’s no doubt down to you. Every Father wants to see his daughter happy, but I must reiterate what Regan said. You hurt her again…

Owen: I won’t Dave I promise.

David: Just make her happy Owen, that’s all I ask. I just want to see her settled, you do that and that’s good enough for me. Don’t… and well I’m sure you won’t like the consequences. I don’t think even I’ll be able to keep Regan back this time.

That statement, ‘Make her Happy’ hits home with Owen. He needed to make a big gesture, prove that he was serious about taking care of Jennifer and giving her the life, she deserved. Owen wasn’t lacking for money, he could do that, he was now just as capable of giving her the love she needed. Suddenly, and in that moment, it becomes clear, he knew precisely what he had to do.

Owen: I want to marry her…

For a moment Dave doesn’t react, as if he isn’t sure that Owen has just said, then as he starts to digest what it was, he reacts the only way he can.

David: That’s not what I meant by settled Owen, are you intent on Regan killing you?

Owen: Jen and I belong together Dave

David: That be as it may, Regan isn’t going to like it.

Owen: But what about you? You’re the one who’s permission I need.

David: Jesus Owen, do you realize the predicament you are putting me in?

Owen: Dave, I love her. I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I’ve already lost a year because I was stupid, I never want to make that mistake again. We’re young, I know we are, but Scarlett and AJ have a baby…

David: That’s different

Owen: I know it is, but what better way of proving to everyone that I am serious, and that Jennifer is the only girl for me. I’m not talking about getting married tomorrow, I’ll have a long engagement if it proves to Regan that I’m the real deal, I don’t care. All I need is for you to tell me it’s OK.

David looks towards the house, Regan not watching from afar which surprises him. He knew that if he agreed this, HE was the one who would need to break the music to her and persuade her to allow this.

David: OK Owen, you have my blessing. But if it comes down to who’s balls Regan chews of out of the two of us, I can assure you I’ll throw you under the bus. Don’t let me down Owen. In fact, no, don’t let yourself down.

David holds his hand out, and Owen takes it, the two sharing a shake.

Owen: Thank you Dave. I won’t let you down… never again.

David: Owen, it’s your funeral if you do.

Dave releases his hand, Owen getting to his feet.

Owen: I’ll leave you to your afternoon… meeting up with Shaun.

David: Leave out the back gate… just in case.

Owen: OK, and thanks again David. I got this.

Owen talks up the garden and out the back gate, once out of earshot, David says something under his breath.

David: I hope so kid, I really do.

Almost on cue, Regan comes back outside, walking towards David, who now has that’s sense of trepidation Owen had before.

Regan: What was that handshake about?

David: You saw that huh?

Regan: Yeah… seemed a little weird.

David: Regan, you’d better sit down.

Regan scowls, but does as she is asked, as the scene fades.

26th July 2022
New York City

Back in New York, things had really started to gear up now for Rise to Greatness. Owen would be leaving for Vegas tomorrow, and was meeting Jennifer there, but he had to drop in on the Wrestling school one last time before he did. He’d have to be fully focused on Josh Hudson from there on in and couldn’t be distracted by outside influences. Putting his mind to rest on the school would help towards that, and it was good that Finch didn’t see his attendance as an intrusion.

Finch: So yeah, the preview sessions set for next month are now pretty much filled. The gym subscriptions have surpassed our estimates. Jason and Willow have been doing a great job with the new students and reckon that a couple of them really have something already.

Owen: That’s good… and what about Jason and willow?

Finch: Like you said Owen, they really seem to be trying to pass on their experience and are nothing like the people I thought they were. They want to make a difference and I can see that in the way they work. And the students love them… Jason even helps out in the gym in the times between sessions.

Owen: Good stuff, you seem to have it all in hand. And Reed?

Reed was the first and now only person that they had taken in off the streets. A guy that had tried to mug Owen at knifepoint.

Finch: Again, settled in ok. Got no problem getting his hands dirty whether it be cleaning the toilets or scrubbing the floors. This is his report so far if you want to take a look.

Finch passes Owen the report as Reed appears from the toilets with a mop and bucket in hand, Owen motioning him over when he catches his eye. When he reaches them, he puts his mop and bucket on the floor, offering his hand.

Reed: Hi, I want to say thank you…

Owen: Bro, you just been cleaning the toilets, I ain’t shaking your hand

Reed: Oh yeah…

He goes to lower his hand, but Owen takes it anyway.

Owen: I was kidding, I don’t care. How are you doing, settling in ok?

Reed: It’s brilliant Owen, I love it. It’s nice to not have to worry about where I’m going to be spending the nights.

Owen: Well, that’s the intention. I was thinking about you the other day.

Reed: Yeah?

Owen: Yeah, as you’ve seen, got plenty of rooms upstairs that are still empty. I was wondering if you could help me with that.

Reed: Sure, I know plenty of people that could do with the help. Most of them with fucked up … sorry.

Owen: No go ahead, this is a gym not a convent.

Reed: Know a lot of guys just like me with messed up parents. They would jump at a chance like this.

Owen opens the report and see’s immediately the text underlined and bolded.

RESENTMENT TOWARDS PARENTS.

Owen: And you could show me where they hang out?

Reed: Sure

Owen: And they would be willing to work like you do?

Reed: Owen, these guys are desperate, they will do whatever you tell them to if it gives them a hot meal and a warm bed.

Owen: Cool, well when I get back from Vegas, we’ll go check out some of your old haunts, you up for that?

Reed: Of course.

Owen: Good stuff… for now though, Finch do you mind if I borrow Reed for an hour or so?

Finch: Sure, you’re the boss.

Owen: Nice one… shouldn’t be too long.

Finch: Take your time.

Owen: Come on, I want to show you something

Owen walks out the school, Reed following behind, wondering what is going on. For about a block, and after they have passed Tommy’s school, they walk in silence until finally Reed is the one to speak.

Reed: Where are we going? Have I done something wrong?

Owen: Not at all. I’m guessing you know who my Dad is?

Reed: Not really, Finch told me he was some famous wrestler or something?

Owen: Yeah, one of the best. That…

He points over at the gates to the memorial, before crossing the road when they are able, speaking as he walks

Owen: This should I say, is the memorial we build when he died a few years back.

Reed: Wow, he must have been a big deal.

Owen: Yeah, he was… that’s not my point though.

Owen opens the gate, and they both step through, Owen making a beeline from the momentum, wiping the photograph of Orlando with the back of his sleeve.

Reed: That him?

Owen: Yeah, that’s him.

Reed: I think I recognize him.

Owen: You might do, he did a lot of good things for this city. Which is what I’m trying to emulate with the school and the shelter. Dad was one of the most selfless people I’ve ever known, he’d give you his last cent if he could.

Reed: Sounds like he was a good guy.

Owen: He was… or at least I thought he was.

Owen takes a seat on the adjacent bench, Reed joining him.

Reed: Did something happen?

Owen: Just over a year ago, couple of years after his death, I found out that he wasn’t my biological Father, and that I’d been lied to my entire life. Mom was raped, by my real father… Orlando’s brother.

Reed: Fuck

Owen: Yeah, my sentiments exactly. It really messed me up, from that point everything started to unravel to the extent I lost my girlfriend, my life… and almost my career. I was a real dick to anyone and everyone who tried to help me. I was staring into the abyss, and God knows what would have happened if a good friend hadn’t helped me. Now, I understand that in everyway that matters, Orlando was my Dad. He brought me up, and I’m the man I am because of him. I’m at peace with everything and ready to move on… a year ago, I couldn’t have said that. No even close. I guess what I am saying is you won’t be able to move on with your life and make this opportunity work for you if you are unable to let the past go. I know your situation was different, I know your Stepfather was a dick, and your Mom didn’t help when you needed it. But they’re dead Reed, and there is literally fuck all you can do about that fact. You let that eat away at you like it obviously is, and it doesn’t matter about the bed, or the meals, or even the ‘opportunity’ we’ve given you, eventually it will break you down. Then you’ll face YOUR abyss. I’d prefer it bro if it didn’t come to that.

Reed wipes away a tear, but nods his head totally understand what Owen was saying. For a kid, Owen had figured out quickly that he had a good head on his shoulders, and just needed steering in the right direction. Owen places a hand on Reed’s shoulder, squeezing it.

Owen: I promise you Reed, with the help of Andy our psychologist, you’ll get through this and come out the other side a stronger person… just like I did. We all have our demons, and our cross to bear… but we can beat them. YOU will beat them. Letting us help you, that’s the first step on a long road. But having been where you are, it’s a journey worth taking. It’s easy isn’t it. To blame your parents for your shortfalls. It’s a lot harder to accept responsibility for yourself and make things better. At the shelter, we can only do so much, at the end of the day, the outcome is down to you.

Owen looks away from Reed, and back to the photograph of Orlando, as a wave of emotion passes over him. When he’d been at odds with Orlando, mourning him had seemed much easier, as sadness had been replaced by anger. Now however, he had once again realized just how much he missed his Dad, and how he wished that Orlando could see him now, what he was, and would achieve.

Reed: I won’t let you down Owen.

It was a statement that Owen himself had made to David Helms only days earlier, and just how Owen has showed, Reed’s sincerity shines through.

Owen: You’re a good kid Reed… now all you gotta do is start believing it for yourself. Stick with it, take the steps and I promise you a better life. It’s all upwards from here kiddo, you’ll see.

Reed nods his head, as Owen gets back to his feet, Reed doing the same.

Owen: Now, let’s get you back. See if we can find you some more crappy jobs that no one else will do…

Reed: Worse than the toilets?

Owen: Ever scrubbed a jock strap?

Reed: No

Owen: Reed, have I got a treat for you.

Owen kisses the ends of his two forefingers, placing it on his father’s photo before walking off towards the gates. Reed holds back a few moments, taking in the monument and its grandeur, wondering just how great a man Orlando must have been. Not only because of the monument, but because of the man he’d brought up, the man that ultimately had saved his life. Reed decides to never forget this moment, a moment when he made the conscious decision to move on and stop blaming other for his predicament. Upwards was what Owen said, and upwards was what it would be.

Reed: Fuck my parents.

Scene fades.

30th July 2022
Las Vegas

With Rise to Greatness starting tonight with the pre-show and the Hall of Fame ceremony, there was nothing more than Owen could do. He’d trained meticulously for this event, knowing that his high-flying style wasn’t the be all and end all. Somehow, somewhere he would need to make one of the greatest technicians of the sport tap out and do so by avoiding what Josh Hudson threw at him. He knew he couldn’t overthink it, and thus Jennifer being with him in Vegas had helped. To help him relax, Owen had managed to snag a table at one of the most expensive restaurants in Vegas, Joel Robuchon in the MGM Grand. He personally would have had no chance getting a space at short notice, but thankfully Owen’s Uncle was a Hollywood movie star, and had pulled a few strings a few weeks back when Owen had decided to bring Jennifer here. But he wasn’t relaxing… nothing like it. In fact, he was probably more scared than he had been his entire life. Sat at his table, he peers over in the direction of the toilets, making sure that Jennifer wasn’t returning yet. He then reaches into his inside suit pocket and pulls out a box, opening it up to reveal an engagement ring inside. Seeing Jennifer reappear he quickly snaps shut the box and puts if back where it was. This had supposed to be a romantic evening anyway, but now it had taken on an even greater importance, and as Jennifer sits down, her little black dress flaunting her amazing figure, she seems to recognize his nerves.

Jennifer: Are you ok? You’re sweating.

Owen: Just been looking at the menu, these prices are astronomical.

Jennifer laughs, he wasn’t wrong.

Jennifer: We can go somewhere else if you want.

Owen: Nope, I promised you a memorable night and that is exactly what you are going to get.

Jennifer lifts her glass of champagne, and motion towards Owen who lifts his, the two clinking together and then both taking a sip.

Jennifer: So, what made you choose this place anyway?

Owen: I dunno, Shaun said it was an ‘experience’ so I thought I’d give it a go.

Jennifer: That’s a very expensive experience, and you do know that I don’t need all of this don’t you? I’ve forgiven you.

Owen: I know, but I always want to spoil you. You deserve it.

Jennifer: Oh, I deserve it, you’re right.

The comment makes Owen chuckle and relieves some of the tension.

Jennifer: But stop trying so hard, we moved on. Mom and Dad are staying out of it now after your little visit. We can just concentrate on us… oh, and you becoming the United States Champion tomorrow now.

One of the things Owen had worried about was Regan telling Jennifer that he’d ask David for his blessing, but it seemed like she had kept her mouth firmly shut. Owen had heard nothing from Dave to suggest he really shouldn’t go ahead, so it seemed like she was begrudgingly accepting it, which was the best he could have hoped for considering her opinion before Rachel had paid her a visit.

Jennifer: Perhaps we should go on holiday after Rise to Greatness to celebrate.

Owen: Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, Josh will be tough to beat.

Jennifer: Yeah, I know, but you can do it, you know you can.

Owen nods his head, agreeing with her. He knew how to beat Josh Hudson; he’d found that chink in his armor that he was ready to exploit, but the match was still fifty / fifty at best. If he lost the match he wouldn’t be in a celebratory mood. However, if Jennifer answered his question positively, it wouldn’t matter quite so much. As he thinks on that, their food arrives, which stifles the conversation a little. They still engage in small talk of course, but Rise to Greatness doesn’t come up. This was one of the advantages of being in a relationship with someone with the stature of Jennifer Helms, in that she understood the night before a big match. That need to just step through the ropes and get on with it. Having enjoyed their food, which although expensive, it was possibly the best thing Owen had ever tasted, the conversation sparks up again, Jennifer the instigator.

Jennifer: So, what did you say to them anyway?

Owen: Who?

Jennifer: Mom and Dad… and AJ for that matter?

Owen: Did they not tell you?

Jennifer shakes her head confirming that fact.

Jennifer: Not a word. Just sat me down, told me their feelings but that they understood it was my life. They were quite understanding.

Owen: Considering I let off a pipe bomb at their front door.

Jennifer: Well, yeah. So, what changed their mind?

Owen: Probably Rachel more than anything… it helps her being probably one of the people that Regan respects more than most. I told them that I’d changed, and that I wasn’t that person anymore and I guess they decided to give me the benefit of the doubt. I’m not that person you know… you can trust me. I’ll never be that person again. I guess more than anything, I made them realize that I messed up, and that I knew I messed up, and would do anything to make the situation better.

Jennifer: Anything?

Owen holds his glass in both hands, watching the champagne swirl in the glass.

Owen: I’ve never told you about the things I had to endure in the slaughterhouse. The things that Daisy put me through.

Jennifer: Mom’s spoken to Rachel about it before… I get it.

Owen: Yeah, you can understand, but I don’t think you can fully get it unless you’ve been there. I was scared Jen, more scared than I have been in my life. But all the time, the one thing that kept me going was the fact I was doing it for you. I didn’t know if you and I had a future, but I knew I had to try. And so that was the goal, always at the back of my mind. No matter how much I hurt, or how much blood I spilt, you were always there. Of course, Daisy wouldn’t have allowed it, but there were times when I truly thought I was going to die but being with you was what kept me going. I wanted to be the man you deserved, the man I hoped you still loved.

She holds of her hand and takes Owen, realizing that he was bearing his soul. She believed him, because she had seen with her own eyes, the transformation into the person he had become.

Jennifer: I always loved you, Owen.

Owen: And I you… but I HAD to be enough.

He takes his hand away, Jennifer a little surprised, a scowl forming on her face.

Owen: I had to be enough, to be able to do this.

Owen reaches into his jacket pocket, and whether he has been overheard he doesn’t know, but he pays very little concerned to anyone listening. He pulls out the box and stands, getting down on one knee and opening the box, Jennifer’s eyes widen as she finally realizes what is going on.

Owen: Jennifer, you are the love of my life. Throughout all the hardships and struggles, it has always been you.

Jennifer hangs on his words, not truly believing what is happening, with what seems the eyes of every single person on them.

Owen: Jennifer Laree Helms, will you marry me?

And there it was, the words she never thought she’d hear from Owen when they split so many months before. She looks away from Owen, just a glance, at the many people now watching, waiting for her answer almost as much as Owen. She looks back towards Owen, the anticipation on his face and in those seconds, Regan, David or anyone else simply doesn’t matter. She nods her head, a single tear trickling down her cheek, as she finds the words.

Jennifer: Yes Owen, I will marry you.

It may be one of the top restaurants in Las Vegas, but many people applaud, some even cheer as Owen places the ring on her finger, both getting to their feet and hugging in the middle of the restaurant. Owen hadn’t felt like he could be any happier than the day they both got back together, but this surpassed even that, and he couldn’t wait to tell the people that mattered. Getting engaged to the love of his life and winning at Rise to Greatness would be the perfect weekend. He’d pulled off part one, could he now close the deal and claim the United States Championship?

That remained to be seen.

All he knew was that right now, he felt like he could take on the world, never mind the United States Champion. With Jennifer by his side, he felt unstoppable, and that even if he lost, he’d get through it. They both retake their seats, as people go back to their own business, leaving them once again alone in their own bubble. THEIR bubble, to which only their closest would be invited to join. He reaches out, and this time takes her hand.

Owen: Happy?

Jennifer: Very.

Owen: No regrets?

Jennifer: Not even one.

She looks at the ring on her finger in total disbelief.

Jennifer: Now all you gotta do is win, and this week will be perfect.

Owen smiles, lifting her hand and kissing it on the back, his eyes never leaving Jennifer’s.

Owen: It already is.

Nothing could ruin this moment, not even a defeat. It wasn’t that it didn’t matter, it did, but he was more capable of dealing with that heartache, should it come to pass. That resiliency that Daisy had taught him would come in useful in the coming months and as a new season in SCW began, he promised himself that it would be his best yet. The season that potential became a reality, as the NEW United States Champion. The young man whose career seemed over… becoming an Icon.

Scene fades

31st July 2022
Las Vegas

Rise to Greatness was now only a few hours away. The Stadium had already abuzz with fans, already hyped up after what had been a magnificent Pre-Show and Hall of Fame Ceremony just across Vegas. Now, having done his part at the many fan events that came as a part of this epic show, Owen takes a break sat on a wall, just a little way from the hubbub of the crowds. He wanted this moment to be about him. A moment shared with only Josh Hudson, and none of the commotion around him. He wanted Josh Hudson to be crystal clear as to what was about to go down, with no distractions. Because if Owen got his way, what happened in Vegas wasn’t going to stay in Vegas. It wasn’t going to be forgotten, or hidden away, or left to be nothing more than a distant memory. No, what happened in Vegas was going to be spoken about for years to come, THE defining moment in Owen’s career. Even more so than claiming the World title when he clearly wasn’t ready for such a responsibility. Biting his bottom lip to try and address his excitement, he starts to speak in a calming, yet confident tone.

“Finally…”

He releases his lip and takes a deep breath before he continues.

“It feels like a lifetime ago since I last competed at Rise to Greatness, facing and defeating Giovanni Aries for the umpteenth time. I’ve waited for this moment to arrive for what seems like an eternity, the opportunity to once again become a champion within these corridors. I know if you asked my good friend Adam Lucas, he would tell you EAW’s Pain for Pride is the biggest wrestling event in the World and that none come close. I have a lot of respect for Adam, but I must disagree. Rise to Greatness is THE wrestling event of the year. Those fans back at the arena, they will tell you exact same thing. Pain for Pride is a close second for sure, but nothing matches the atmosphere, or the spectacle of Supreme Championship Wrestling. Nothing matches the sheer intensity of the SCW Universe. Those fans back in those tents, having their merchandise signed by the roster, or taking part in the interactive events, they are the most knowledgeable fans in the world. They know that this event is something else. It’s something special. And believe me guys, if you get to even compete at Rise to Greatness, you cannot help but recognize that. That feeling goes up tenfold if you are competing for one of the prestigious championships that are on offer in this company. NOTHING compares to this company. NOTHING. And that’s why it breaks my heart when I think back and remember how much I hurt Supreme Championship Wrestling with my actions last year. That’s why on some levels, I understand precisely what Josh Hudson is trying to say.”

He salutes the camera

“Hey Josh...”

His expression doesn’t change, his demeanor remaining the same as he continues.

“See that’s the thing Josh, throughout all of this I’ve never actually disagreed with you. From the first moment you got a bug up your ass about me and make it your life’s work to be constantly in my face, looking to teach me a lesson, I’ve never really disputed anything you have had to say with regards to how I treated this company, and the fans who followed me around the world. Do you know why the company signed me back up to the roster Josh? It wasn’t because they were missing the merch sales, or my infectious presence around the locker room. It wasn’t because the fanbase had dwindled, or the SCW juggernaut had come to a halt, because it clearly hadn’t. They re-signed me because they saw me as someone who wanted to make up for his mistakes. They gave me an opportunity that you have been afforded many, MANY times. Can you remember Josh, the countless times you have let this company down by spitting in the face of those that made you? I can. And thus, you became quite possibly the biggest hypocrite on this roster, and I reserved a place in that head of yours totally rent-free. It’s just like your idiot brain is being fucked by stupid, and your consistently letting it happen.

Coz, Blah, blah, blah, you just wouldn’t shut up about it would you? Waxing lyrical about how I’d turned my back on the fans. My back on the business. My back on Olek. ‘You can’t give him another chance, this is preposterous’, one of the more PG-15 things you’ve said about me, constantly trying to twist the narrative to your gain, conveniently forgetting your, shall we say colorful, past. Your bullshit cheap shot cost me the United States Championship you currently hold. Your unmatchable jealousy towards me cost me the chance to win Taking Hold of the Flame. Your unwanted appearance at ringside cost me the match against the World Champion. All the time stating I needed this lesson. Consistently claiming that I needed to be taken to task for things that everyone bar you have moved on from. Josh, your infatuation with me now threatens your Championship reign, and of course, you’ll claim that to not be the case, your victory assured. You believe that your attacks on me have given me some relevancy… that I’m only here because of you and your actions. Like I’m supposed to treat this as if it’s a revenge mission to relieve you of a title that you quite simply never deserved. Don’t get me wrong, seeing the look on your face will be satisfying, I won’t deny that. Hearing your excuses post Rise to Greatness will warm my very being, and no doubt a large proportion of the fanbase as well, no question. But revenge Josh? I don’t need revenge; it won’t make the slightest bit of difference.

The eighteen-year-old kid you base your assumptions around is nothing like the person that I am today. That ‘kid’ would have lost his composure at the very first hurdle. That naïve young man wouldn’t have stood a chance the moment he was eliminated from Taking Hold of the Flame, his hopes and dreams in tatters. This version of me, this BETTER version of me hasn’t just rolled with the punches you have thrown, I’ve grown with them. This version remembers everything you said or did, on the way to us arriving at this point.

You want me to level with you Josh?

Who you are, what you have done… it simply doesn’t matter to me. What you think of me, and the way I’ve been accepted back into the fold really isn’t my concern. What you HOLD is the only thing going through my mind, the singular focus of someone who knows categorically that he is ready to once again be called a champion. You don’t understand that, I know you don’t. You’ve shown me that you are as ignorant as you are hypocritical, this stance you’ve maintained about my past not allowing you to see the wood for the trees. You think I’ve been playing YOUR game, when in fact the opposite is the truth. From the moment we had our first altercation to the moment Breakdown closed with the in the Lee Lock screaming like a girl, I have been the one in control. I have been the one focused on this event. Rise to Greatness and ensuring that this event, the biggest stage of them all, was the moment I achieved that which I have chased since I returned. Not JUST the United States Championship, though it will be my honor to hold a title I’ve never had in my possession. No, Rise to Greatness, Las Vegas, will ironically be the scene for my redemption. Funny how that redemption will come full circle in a place known worldwide as Sin City.”

Owen leans forwards, and steeples his fingers so that they rest on the end of his nose.

“Also ironic, is the role you have played in this redemption, because without you, those fans that once held a special place in my heart wouldn’t have witnessed firsthand the person I have become, and the professional way in which I have dealt with those struggles you’ve placed in front of me. You say you have made me relevant, you’re the reason I am back on the lips of the people that matter in Supreme Championship Wrestling, and in some respects, you are once again correct. Without you, I wouldn’t have had the evidence to back up my claims that I am a person who once again drives his own narrative and has seized control of his own career. My exploits ahead of last years Taking Hold of the Flame, they were the actions of a loose cannon, a young boy on a suicide mission, content with the destruction of his own career if he took everything else with him. This year, the difference between the two is as polar as black and white. I said on day one of my return, my redemption wouldn’t be complete until I had surpassed where I was before, both as a person and a competitor. Winning the United States Championship would take me further and enhance my reputation to the point where once again I could hold my head up high. Your words, your pathetic little narrative ceasing to exist. You reminding people of what I did was beneficial only to me. But you know what Josh, I never want people to forget those moments, I know that I won’t, that’s for certain. That iconic moment, me stood on the chest of Olek, that is an image that is forever burned on my retinas. A constant reminder of just how far I fell, all the incentive I need to ensure that I never meet those depths again. I’m ‘almost’ whole again Josh, only one element remains. I take it all back at Rise to Greatness, and most importantly, I do it live, and in front of an audience of millions. Everything has led me to this point bro… and I simply WILL NOT fail.”

Owen leans back on the wall, bringing his foot up to rest on his knee.

“But you’ve tried Josh, oh my God you have tried. You’ve done everything you can to try and make me lose my cool, and in doing so, also lose my edge. It seems like this build has had one purpose, to make me hate you, to make me react to every cheap shot you have given me, thus leaving me vulnerable. Every time I didn’t react, you stepped it up a notch, to the point of rendering me unconscious. A failed attempt to try and embarrass me, an absurd act that only served to solidify my intent. This ‘lesson’ you have tried to teach me Josh, do you think it’s worked? Do you believe that you have advantage going into Rise to Greatness? Or do you believe, like I do, that you have never been as susceptible as you are right now. A title holder who knows his greatest threat is now staring him down with very little fear. I know Josh, I know this ‘lesson’ was borne of dominance. I know that you wanted to show the world that I’m nowhere near your level. But that is yet another of your failures. The sad thing is people knew who you were, they knew what Josh Hudson was all about. When you became United States Champion, I, like you, heard all the plaudits as you added to your undoubtably stellar honors list. It was like a second coming, your reputation had never been held in as high esteem. Once again, you had the world at your feet, right where you like people. You were ‘lording’ it over your Manor, and there wasn’t many who disagreed you were in your rightful place. But then came the self-destruction, as you blew it all apart. Piece by piece you proceeded to chip away at that very reputation. All that good feeling started to waste away. Suddenly one of the most reputable United States Champions withered away into a bitter old man. You’ve given us a heck of a lot of excuses over the past few months. You’ve offered many explanations as to why you are this way. But the simple truth is this Josh. You are this way, because of ME. Pure and simple. You had it all Josh, seriously you did, but now, all you have left is that championship belt, and the title attached to your name. What happens Josh when you have nothing? Thinking about that scares me bro, I’ll be honest with you. Because for all your attacks, your digs, and your obsessions, I don’t want to be the one responsible for the end of your career. I don’t want to be the one who makes your career end on the lowest of lows, and with a whimper rather than a bang. I don’t want that Josh, because I’m not a prick. Even after everything, I still have a modicum of respect for you, because your name will forever be synonymous with this company. But that’s what makes this even more exciting. If Owen Lee can beat Josh Hudson. On the biggest stage, with the biggest audience in wrestling history. Well Josh, that is how legends are made, that is something that even you cannot deny. With that said, you must know how much this means to me, and the lengths I will go to, to ensure I succeed. And you know what Josh, I don’t care who you are, or what you’ve done. I care even less for your threats. The simple fact is, I firmly believe that when that bell rings, you’re not going to be able to cope. With my speed, with my desire, or with my determination to make you tap out. And you know something else I don’t think you’ll be able to cope with after listening to you these last few months? I don’t think you’ll be able to cope with the fallout. Knowing that you lost to someone you didn’t believe for one second could beat you… but who then shocked the world and most definitely did.”

Owen gets to his feet and dusts himself down, before looking over his shoulder at the Allegiant Stadium, the stage for what could be his greatest achievement. Yes, he had won the World Championship at nineteen, and that would live with him forever, but this match, this Rise to Greatness somehow meant more. Everything seemed to be aligned. The moment, the city, even his opponent… it was all coming together. Nothing as cliché as destiny, but could it have been written in the stars?

“The difference between us Josh is like chalk and cheese. I know you like the back of my hand, and yet you haven’t bothered to educate yourself on the facts that surround this match, or how much your opponent has learned in the months since Hollywood of the South. You’re relying on your technical ability, as if I am some slouch in that regard and you’re conveniently forgetting that you only have that title because you HAD to cheat to defeat me. You can do that this time of course; you could turn the course of the match with a similar action, but will you get lucky for a second time? Because that’s what it was Josh. Blind luck. You cannot rely on that this time… so I ask again, are you the better wrestler? We don’t know, you didn’t give us the chance to find out last time out. What I do know is eighteen months ago, I wouldn’t have even brought it up, because I’d have lost that argument every single time. Eighteen months ago, I wasn’t even half the wrestler I am today. Simply put, I had a flaw, I was a one trick pony. My speed was all I had, and yes it took me to a World Championship… a reign that didn’t even bring a single defense. Right now, I’m better than I’ve ever been. More than capable of dealing with whatever you throw at me, and with an extraordinary tolerance to pain. You THINK, there’s that word again, that a Submission Match gave you the advantage. But do you know what I THINK, I think you are going to have to dig deep to put me away for good. As for me, the Lee Lock made you scream like a fucking bitch on Breakdown… shall we bring up what happened when the camera’s stopped rolling? Let’s just say that if we see a repeat, your reign WILL be over. And in mine, and many people’s opinion Josh, not before time.”

He starts walking back in the direction of the stadium, back towards the main crowds. The very people who would fill the stadium in just a few hours.

“So, Josh, I hope all of it was worthwhile I really do. If you have taken something out of our interactions that will help you going forwards when it all comes crashing down around your ears, then at least there will be something to grasp onto when you survey the wreckage. I hope bringing about your own downfall was in some way satisfying for you, and you have subdued your apparently sadistic impulses to bring about your own demise. I trust you have enjoyed your ‘Road’ to Rise to Greatness, even if the journeys end leaves a lot to be desired. Josh, I wish I could come out here and say you’ve been an inspiring champion, a bar for the likes of others to follow, but you haven’t, have you? I’d prefer to be coming out here and saying that you will be a hard act to surpass, but if I did allow those words to leave my mouth, I’d be kidding myself. Brass tacks bro, your actions towards me and others have disgraced the United States Championship, and I’m ecstatic to be the one given the opportunity to bring you to task for those crimes. Just over a year since I committed my own.”

He finds himself amongst the crowds, walking through them, as they part allowing him and the camera to continue onwards. He then stops and turns, to face the camera again, the entrance to the Allegiant Stadium directly behind him.

“Tonight, my friend, we are going to set this stadium alight, in a match worthy of headlining the whole damn show. Yes, there are many confrontations on the card that whet the appetite, but is there any match as anticipated as the one between you and me?

I don’t think so.

But no matter what you believe Josh, that’s not solely down to you. I AM a factor, that’s why I am here. No matter what happens, those guys will get their monies worth, that’s a certainty, but will they get what they want?”

He pauses

“Yeah, I believe they will.  I believe they will get what they want, a new champion that is, quite simply because I am better than you.

I’ve surpassed you.

This company gave me life again, and on Sunday night, I am determined to give back. And there is the biggest difference Josh. You don’t care about this company, not really. You’ve bundled all your hatred for me in this twisted narrative that you are doing the company a favor or teaching me a needed lesson. And yet, all of ‘this’ has been for self-benefit. Self-worth. You’ve been like a hunter, stalking its prey, not realizing when the tables turned. Not realizing that your prey, was no longer some cub who needed protection from others and was more than capable of defending himself. I’ve grown, you’ve stagnated. And the hunter has now become the hunted. You’ve not even considered how big this is for me, and the respect it could put on my name. Making one of the most technical, durable wrestlers that ever lived submit.

Wow.

That would be huge for me and even now you haven’t recognized that to its full potential and how driven I am. This Sunday, you find all of this out for yourself, but unfortunately, for you at least, it will be too little, too late.”

He looks around at the crowd, some paying attention others going about their own business. Either way, it didn’t matter, not now.

“At Rise to Greatness, in front of the SCW Universe…”

He salutes the camera

“… this lion is ready to roar.”

Owen turns and heads into the stadium and his date with destiny, as the scene fades.

[Image: 270041540-258425806375597-7033161467703002046-n.png]