Cid Turner vs. Owen Lee
Cid Turner is heading into Rise to Greatness coming off a loss of his title, a crisis of friendship, and much more. Owen Lee is coming off locking Josh Hudson in the ankle lock and another clash on Breakdown. Both have become complicated character as of late. Cid Turner may even see some parallels in what he’s become to what Owen Lee became last year. But when they meet, they both have one plan – to win and go into huge Rise to Greatness matches victorious.

2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm Wednesday, July 20, 2022 (RETURN TO NORMAL DEADLINE)
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
[Image: ASrTaiG.jpeg]
OOC - OK, just to explain, following this rp you will need to read the post I will be posting in the Character Development forum. I've spoken with Olek, and decided not to use that post as part of the match as it wasn't written wholey by myself. That CD post then carries the story forwards to Promo 2 that will come tomorrow

18th June 2022

Los Angeles

For months after Owen had split up with Jenni, visiting Los Angeles had filled him full of dread. So many people wanted his head on a silver platter, so therefore he had found it difficult to visit for even a couple of days. Over time, that dread has lessened, and he had freely gone about his business, but now he felt like he was back at square one. What had happened prior to Taking Hold of the Flame was still raw. The aches in his wrist still troubling him, but not as much as before. Bumping into Regan Street, it filled him full of that self-same fear. She’d made her case more than clear, and although he was back with Jennifer, that elation was tempered by having to lie to Regan, knowing how she would probably react. Daisy had said she was going to talk to Rachel Tatum Lee, to see if she could do anything to at least give him and Jennifer a chance, but he wasn’t going to hold his breath. Regan was just about as stubborn as they came, and Owen was more than aware that Rachel was potentially his last chance. He honestly didn’t know how it would fall if Jennifer had to make a choice… and he didn’t want to think about the outcome.

But back in Los Angeles he was, and although he had spent the short walk from Taylor’s house constantly looking over his shoulder, he had arrived at Shaun’s house without any unwanted interactions. Taylor and Sebastian were doing really well, the little man growing into quite a character, and it still hurt that the reality was he wasn’t his real brother. He’d seen what had happened with Shaun and Orlando though, and he didn’t want that to happen to them. He was going to make sure he was a part of Sebastian’s life and be there for him whenever it was required. Thankfully Taylor seemed to share the same thoughts, and to be fair Owen wasn’t anywhere near as antagonistic towards Orlando as he had been. It had taken a long time, but Owen was now able to see through the fog, and past the anger that had haunted him for nigh on a year. He knew that when it mattered, Orlando had been the only Father he ever had. And a newfound respect had been born from that.

But now he had another issue to deal with… the Maisie issue. There wasn’t a chance in hell he was going to be a part of her plan to break Shaun and Angyalka up. There was no question in Owen’s mind that even trying was a fool’s errand, knowing how solid their marriage was, a rarity in the industry. Maisie had always been a loose cannon, even spending time in a Psychiatric hospital, but of late it seemed like she had developed a mean streak to go with it and would do anything to be with Shaun again. Shaun had learned his lesson the second time she had wronged him and wanted nothing to do with her ever again. But Shaun needed to know what she was planning, and how she had threatened Owen. Until Regan had come round to the idea of Jennifer and Owen being back together, she couldn’t find out about them, especially from someone like Maisie. Perhaps if Shaun would just talk with her, Maisie would understand. But he doubted that very much.

So, when Owen arrives at Shaun’s house, and Shaun is more than happy to see Owen, it is with a sense of guilt that Owen realized that’s he is about to break Shaun’s mood. Dorothea running up to him, followed by Angyalka giving him a hug just served to heighten that guilt still further. But that guilt is then replaced by anger, anger that anyone would want to break up two people that were obviously made for each other. Using that anger allows him to separate himself from his own potential fallout and gets rid of any lingering doubts that this was the right thing to do. Dorothea takes Owen’s hand and leads him into the house, the young girl following her Mother into the kitchen, Shaun following behind.

Shaun: Well, this is a pleasant surprise.

Angyalka: Yes, it is, I hope this isn’t a business visit?

Owen laughs, Shaun now being the General Manager of Supreme Championship Wrestling, a scenario that could have been awkward but thus far hasn’t been.

Owen: No, not at all. But a part of me wishes it was.

Shaun: Well, that sounds more than a little ominous. Do we need a drink?

Owen: It might be a good idea Shaun… I’d sit down as well if I was you.

Recognizing that this is serious, Angyalka takes a hold of Dorothea’s hand.

Angyalka: Come on, how’s about I read you that story you like?

Dorothea is more than happy to do that, Angyalka giving Shaun a kiss on the cheek as she leaves.

Shaun: Beer ok or are we going to need something stronger?

Owen’s face gives him the answer he needs.

Shaun: Two seconds, I’ll get the Jack Daniels.

Shaun walks out the kitchen and moments later comes back with a bottle, before opening the refrigerator and pulling out a bottle of Coca Cola. He pours a couple of measures into whiskey tumblers, Owen nodding his head to the offer of ice, but then declining the mixer. Once they both have a drink, they lift their glasses towards each other and then take a sip, Owen then taking a seat at the breakfast table, Shaun joining him.

Shaun: So, what’s going on Owen?

Owen: I’ll give you two words… Maisie Phillips.

Even as the words are leaving Owen’s lips, Shaun is rolling his eyes.

Shaun: That woman is nothing but trouble, what’s she up to now? More attempts on Gerrard’s life?

Gerrard was Owen’s dog, who Maisie had tried to hang from a tree in Newquay, a fact that now Maisie had admitted to Owen.

Owen: Nah, seems like she has her sights on someone else now.

Shaun: Who?

Owen pauses, looking Shaun dead in the eyes.

Owen: You.

Shaun’s scowling face shows his obvious confusion, Owen moves to explain further.

Owen: I came home the other day, and she was sat on my back patio drinking wine.

Shaun: That’s a little creepy

Owen: I know… needless to say I put forward the security system. Anyway, long story short, it seems like she still has a thing for you

Shaun: That’s ridiculous, that was years ago.

Owen: Even so Shaun, she wants you, and she wants you bad.

Shaun: OK, so what’s that got to do with you?

Owen: Well, this is where we come to the fucked-up part.

Shaun: It wasn’t fucked up her breaking into your house?

Owen: There’s more…

Owen pauses to take another sip of his drink, waiting for that familiar feeling of warmth before continuing.

Owen: Like I say, she wants you back and is willing to go to great lengths to make it happen. She broke into my house to inform me what she was going to do, and then I was going to help her. Basically, I was supposed to help break you and Angyalka up, split up your family so that she could be with you…

Shaun: Like that would happen regardless.

Owen: Oh, I know, but you haven’t heard the kicker. If I didn’t help her, then she would tell Regan what she knew…

Shaun: Knew?

Owen pauses, he was going to leave this bit out but there was no going back now.

Owen: That Jennifer and I are back together and trying to make a go of it.

Shaun: Wow. So, blackmail then?

Owen: In a nutshell yeah.

Shaun: But… how does she know that Regan would be angry? I mean I know she’s stubborn and all, but all she wants is for Jennifer to be happy.

Owen: Oh, she knows alright…

Owen holds up his wrist, that although was no longer bruised, was still in a protective glove that’s to Josh Hudson’s attack.

Shaun: Regan was the one who injured your wrist?

Owen: Not really, she pushed me away, I fell over and this is the net result. But I wasn’t even with Jennifer then, Regan only thought I was thanks to Maisie sending her photos of us hugging. If she found out for real that we were together she would hit the roof.

Shaun: Hold on… so this was the injury you carried into Taking Hold of the Flame?

Owen nods sheepishly

Owen: Yeah, but aren’t we getting away from the point here?

Shaun: Owen you could have done yourself a permanently injury. Hudson could have broken it.

Owen: Maybe, but he didn’t. Anyway, it doesn’t matter now, what are we going to do about Maisie?

Shaun: I’ll talk to her…

“You’ll talk to who?”

Angyalka walks back into the room at the most inopportune moment, Owen immediately glancing over to Shaun who answers without any hesitation.

Shaun: Maisie

Angyalka: That witch, what does she want now?

Shaun: She’s blackmailing Owen, still wants me… can’t really blame her

Owen scowls, not believing how laid-back Shaun was being.

Shaun: Says she’s going to tell Regan that Owen and Jennifer are back together.

Angyalka: You are… aww that’s amazing, the two of you should never have split up.

Owen: HOLD ON A MINUTE!!!

Angyalka and Shaun both turn to Owen, surprised by the interruption.

Owen: This woman is a nutcase, and you two are being very blasé about it.

Shaun: Owen, I’ve dealt with her once, and I deal with her again. She won’t allow this to get out of hand because she knows she’ll end up back in the clinic. I’ll meet with her, give her a few home truths and she’ll go away, I promise.

Owen: This is the same woman who stabbed Pixie when she was pregnant.

Shaun finishes off his whiskey, before picking up the glass and pouring himself another, motioning towards Owen’s glass, Owen declining.

Shaun: Yeah, it is… but I know how to deal with her. She’ll soon back off once I have spoken with her. And anyway, if not I’ll set Angy on her. Be the perfect practice for her return to the ring. Now, more important things, are you saying for dinner? Got some fine steaks I’ve been marinading for a while.

Owen: Sure… I guess.

Owen had wanted Shaun to speak with Maisie, but he didn’t seem to be taking the threat seriously. Of course, Owen hoped he was right, but Shaun hadn’t seen her, the look in her eye back in Miami. Maybe it was just easier for Jennifer and him to come clean, and deal with those consequences. Owen shudders, putting that thought to the back of his mind.

25th June 2022
Miami

The visit with Shaun had gone really well considering. Yeah, it was weird talking about SCW stuff, him being the General Manager, but in the main it had just been like old times. A week had passed since then, and Owen found himself back in Miami, waiting for Daisy who had text him only moments earlier. What she was doing in Miami, Owen didn’t know, but it was apparently important. And when Daisy said something was important it invariably was. The doorbell rings, Owen jumping to his feet and heading through the house, opening the door, hugging Daisy who stands in the doorway.

Daisy: That was quite the welcome

Owen: Well, it’s been a while. Not going to apologize for that.

Daisy smirks and follows Owen into the house. Compared with when she’d first reconnected with him, Owen was in a much better place, but still seemed to have one missing piece. That piece was Jennifer, and hopefully Daisy could help with that.

Owen: Drink?

Daisy: No thank you, just passing through. How’s the arm?

Owen: It’s OK, getting better. Hudson is doing his best though to ensure otherwise.

Owen pulls a Coors out of the fridge and takes off the cap, taking a drink.

Owen: So, to what do I owe the pleasure, what can I do for you?

Daisy: Actually Owen, it’s what I can do for you.

Owen tilts his head slightly, more than a little intrigued and he motions through the doors and onto the outside patio where they both sit.

Owen: So, what’s this all about?

Daisy: Rachel went to see Regan…

Immediately Owen feels a sense of trepidation, a feeling he got whenever Regan’s name was mentioned

Owen: She didn’t have to do that.

Daisy: No, she didn’t have to, she wanted to.

Owen: You mean YOU wanted her to

Daisy shakes her head, obviously disagreeing.

Daisy: Not at all. Rachel believes that you deserve a second chance and did what she could to help. Yeah, I might have asked her to, but she had no problem at all doing what she could to help.

Owen: And did she… help I mean?

Daisy: I don’t know.

Owen scowls, confused by the response. He had been expecting either a yes or no answer and not something so obviously vague.

Owen: Don’t know? What’s that supposed to mean?

Daisy: You know as well as I do Owen that Regan very difficult to read, even for someone like Rachel who is closer to her than most. According to Rachel, to begin with she was even giving you the time of day. Rachel made the point of the mistakes that the two of them had made, and how they probably did much worse that you ever did. Regan even asked Rachel why she was defending him, and Rachel told her that it was because you knew you’d fucked up and were trying to do something about it. But fact is, Regan doesn’t believe you are right for Jennifer, she doesn’t trust you, and I’m not sure you are going to be able to change that.

Owen: Great.

Owen chugs on the beer again, shaking his head. Whilst he understood that Regan was protecting Jennifer, it didn’t seem fair. His mind races, was this really the end for the two of them?

Owen: So, I guess this is the part where you tell me to let her go and focus on the rest of my life?

Daisy: Actually, no it isn’t.

Owen scowls again, his default setting it seemed throughout this conversation.

Owen: What, if probably the closest person to Regan other than her family can’t change her mind, what hope do I have? It’s like you said to me months ago, sometimes it’s just better to let things go so that you can heal.

Daisy: Yeah, I did say that. But I also said that if there is a chance, there is hope and I haven’t told you what else Rachel said. She asked Regan to forgive you… to help you to heal by forgiving you and that you deserve that much.

Owen: Wow, she really went for it.

Daisy: Like I said, she cares about you… she believes in you. Rachel reckons there was just something about the look on Regan’s face when she left. For the first time, it looked like Rachel may have gotten through to her. Not going to lie Owen, if you are going to continue seeing Jennifer, I’d make a point of making sure you don’t put a foot wrong because if you do, that will be it. My advice if you want it?

Owen: Of course. Always.

Daisy: Speak to her, speak to Dave. Make it clear that you’ve grown up and Jennifer is your only priority. I can’t guarantee it, but according to Rachel you might be surprised with Regan’s reaction.  

Owen: Well, anything would be better than her almost breaking my wrist.

He laughs, but it is only a half laugh, Daisy sensing that.

Daisy: You get Regan on your side, and your set for life. Mess with that and she can be your worst enemy. Right now, I think she is in the middle, it’s now up to you to change that. And after what you’ve achieved so far Owen, that should be a piece of cake.

Owen: You reckon?

Daisy: Yeah, I do. And after all, Jennifer is worth it right?

Owen: Definitely.

Daisy: Then have at it tiger… what you got to lose?

Owen thinks about responding, as there were several body parts that instantly came to mind, but he keeps his counsel. If Rachel was willing to stick her neck out for him, then he owed it to her to give it his best shot. Daisy was right, he had been through worse, but Jennifer was the final piece in the puzzle. Without her, he’d be far less a person, and he didn’t want that. He had to try, no matter the cost, and Rachel had given him every reason to do precisely that.
[Image: 270041540-258425806375597-7033161467703002046-n.png]
[Image: ASrTaiG.jpeg]
27th June 2022

New York City

Owen looks up at the signage to the premises and couldn’t help but feeling a sense of pride in what he had achieved. Of course, he hadn’t done it alone, there were many that had helped along the way, Adam Lucas more than anyone. But considering where he had been just a year ago, being here now with something that he could be proud of, he wouldn’t have believed it back then. The ‘Level Up’ wrestling school, named after his partners finishing move over in EAW and not a play on David Helms and Tommy Valentines tag team name as some believed, had opened it does only a couple of hours ago, and already inside it was like a vibrant community. Of course, it was opening day and interest would dwindle, but this was a good start, and far better than he could have imagined. It made it even better that Jennifer could be here with him. He doesn’t even notice Adam walking up to him, and only realizes he is there when he is tapped on the shoulder

Owen: Oh, hey man…

Adam: Sorry, didn’t mean to distract you. Reveling in your success, I guess. 

Owen: Our success.

Adam: Maybe, but it’s not like I’ve ploughed the cash into the place, is it?

Owen: You’ve done your part bud; this place is just as much yours as it is mine. After all this is your hometown… I’m sure there are plenty of the subscriptions that are down to that very fact.

Adam is about to argue the fact that Owen spent a great deal of his younger life in this city but leaves the conversation there. Adam felt a little guilty not being able to put the funds in Owen had, but Owen’s words had made him feel better. 

Owen: So, how’s it looking in there?

Adam: Jennifer is quite the hit

Owen: Always helps having a pretty girl handing out flyers.

Adam: Well, we’ve had a lot of people sign up for the gym, not so many for the school yet. But there’s time. 

Owen: They’ll come. With a wrestling school just down the street, they just need a little more persuasion that’s all. The gym subs will keep us going for a while, no need to panic.

Adam: True, but it’s not like we can afford to pay Jason and Willow for doing nothing.

Owen was more than aware of Adams thoughts on the two, but just like he was putting back into the business, he was also trying to give Jason and Willow the same opportunity. The two were former World Champions and knew the business inside out. In Owen’s opinion they deserve the same second chances he had been afforded.

Owen: Still not over that huh?

Adam: Just don’t trust them Owen, but you are the one paying the wages until we start turning a profit.

Owen: It will be fine. They are here to work and develop those that sign up into bona fide superstars. Just imagine seeing one of our own claims a championship belt in EAW or SCW just like Amy did with Spencer Pryce

Adam: I won’t mention how that turned out.

Owen laughs, that situation hadn’t ended particularly well.

Owen: I know from experience how that kind of shit can derail you, Adam. Jason and Willow have been there, that kind of experience can’t be ignored. You’ll see, once they get going with the training you’ll understand, and then if you still can’t see it for yourself, I’ll show them the door… Deal?

Adam: OK.

Owen: Orlando saw a lot of good things in Jason, the same things he saw in you when he offered you the scholarship. They just need a chance

Adam: I guess I can understand a little about chances.

Owen: Exactly, just give them the benefit of the doubt. They screw up, then they are gone.

Adam knew that if Jason and Willow truly were the people he remembered, they could cause a lot of trouble if Owen tried to sack them. He puts it to the back of his mind though, trusting Owen and understanding why he was doing this. He also changes the subject.

Adam: Finch certainly knows how to put on an opening…

Owen: And again Adam, if I’d not given him a second chance, he wouldn’t have had the opportunity either…

Adam: OK, I get it.

Owen: Seriously though you’re right… wasn’t sure he could pull off something to this extent, but he certainly has. Business plan looks impressive as well, he’s got a lot of good ideas for separate classes to wrestling, getting all ages and genders involved. 

Adam: Makes sense

Owen: May as well use the space…

“Well, would you look at the big shot.”

Owen recognized the voice and turned to face Shaun and Taylor.

Owen: I didn’t know you two were coming.

Shaun: Couldn’t miss your opening day, could we? Special rates for family?

Owen: OAP rates for you maybe?

Shaun: Adam, good to see you again. See it’s going well in EAW.

Adam: Could be better… next season will be better.

Shaun: That’s the spirit… can’t keep a good man down, right?

Adam is about to reference the fact it was Shaun that kicked him out of Icon, but he bites his tongue. 

Adam: Right. Owen, I’m gonna go back inside see if I can drum up any students. I’ll leave you guys to catch up. 

Owen: Cheers Adam.

Adam walks away from them, Taylor throwing her arms around Owen.

Taylor: I don’t say this enough Owen, but I’m proud of you.

They part, Taylor holding him by his shoulders.

Owen: Thanks

Taylor: And Orlando would be proud of you as well, building this only a few blocks from the memorial. It certainly suits you more than selling clothes that’s for sure.

Owen: If it wasn’t for the Icon brand, I wouldn’t be here… and Mom’s business sense to sell when we did.

Taylor: How is Kloe by the way, not seen her in ages?

Owen: She’s hardly ever in the country, enjoying her early retirement, I guess.

Taylor: It’s alright for some.

Owen looks at Shaun who is taking in the building.

Shaun: So, what’s the deal here then? Is it a gym, or a wrestling school?

Owen: Both, we’ll train the new breed of wrestlers here, but anyone is welcome to use the facilities. Then upstairs is the shelter, separate from the gym. No one living there yet, but it won’t be long. 

Shaun: Really growing into a pillar for the community, aren’t you?

Owen: Just giving back that’s all. My way of showing I’ve changed and want to do what’s right. 

Shaun: I’m not knocking it. In fact, I applaud you. Any trouble from down the road?

Owen finds himself looking towards Ante Up, whilst shaking his head at the same time.

Owen: None. You know how competitive Tommy and Kandis are though. I’m sure it won’t be long until they react, or maybe they will realize there is room for us both. 

Shaun: I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Owen: Me neither… but we can live in hope. 

Taylor: So, do we get the grand tour?

Owen: You go ahead, Adam can show you around. Now he’s here I just want a quick word with Shaun.

Taylor: No problem

Taylor walks away, Owen turning to Shaun

Shaun: Let me guess… Maisie?

Owen: it would be one less thing on my mind.

Shaun: It’s sorted

Owen: It is?

Shaun: Like I said, I know how to talk to her. She’ll leave you alone now

Owen scowls, mostly in disbelief.

Owen: How?

Shaun: Simple, I told her to leave you alone and gave her ten grand.

Owen: Huh?

Shaun: People like that believe in the dollar signs Owen. A small price to pay for my nephew’s happiness. 

Owen: And that’s it? 

Shaun: That’s it. But if I was you, I’d resolve this stuff with Regan. I’d rather face Maisie than Regan every day of the week.

Owen: I will. Or at least I’ll try

Shaun: Good, now will you stop worrying and show me around the place?

Owen: Yeah sure… follow me. 

Owen and Shaun walk into the school, Owen not sure what to think of the latest developments. Could Maisie really be bought off so easy? Owen really doubted it. But right now, it was about the school and its success. Everything else would have to wait. 

19th July 2022
Phoenix

Owen sits by the hotel pool, a tee shirt, shorts and a red baseball cap his clothing of choice. He sits on the edge of the pool, his feet dangling in the water, and he salutes as he starts to speak.

“If ever there was evidence of just how much Josh Hudson has lost it over the last few months it was last week’s Breakdown. The guy is so self-absorbed, so much up his own ass that he just cannot see the damage he is causing… far more than I ever did. He ‘thinks’ he is doing the right thing, he ‘believes’ his cause is a righteous one. But each week, his reputation takes another dive. And everything he ever did for this company goes further and further in the backs of everyone’s minds. He hopes, no he prays that I crack under this incessant pressure, and yet I continue to laugh in his face. And why? Because I understand our circumstance far more than he ever could in his current mindset. This obsession he has with me sending him closer to the inevitable demise of his once stellar career. Josh, I’ve told you once and I’ll tell you again. You picked the wrong person to obsess over. The unfortunate thing for you… it seems that you’ll only realize it when it’s too late.”

He takes a drink from the juice sat by the poolside next to him. He then continues. 

“But, as in most situations, this isn’t about you Josh. This is about me and Cid, someone who I do still have a great deal of respect for. And that might seem a little weird considering who you were associating with until just a few weeks ago. Unlike Josh however, I’m not going to immediately throw you under the bus. I understand that people make mistakes and getting involved with them was certainly one of yours. Thing is, what you’ve done, or indeed haven’t done isn’t my concern. I don’t care if you bought into the Nirvana or not, it simply isn’t relevant to me. Fact is, it doesn’t matter who it was I faced in this ‘Go home’ show, if it was a big name like yourself or not. This match would have always been about one thing. Ensuring that momentum is maintained going into categorically the biggest show on the wrestling calendar. But listening to you of late Cid, I understand you want to halt this slide that you’ve been on, you sure as hell don’t want this season to end on a low considering the year you’ve had. You don’t want someone like me stepping into the ring and sending you yet further down the ladder, towards this obscurity you seem to think you are headed. 

You want your name back?

One thing that is for certain, I’m not going to fall for that logic, and I’ll treat you as a threat, a name, just like I do everyone else. I don’t see someone weakened by his experiences of late, I only see a wounded animal and history states how dangerous such an opponent can be especially as you’ve had my number so many times. In the past, you told me a lot of things that made sense, gave me a lot of food for thought. But through it all there was one statement that stayed with me. An undeniable fact that was made more telling by the result of that match. That being I wasn’t ready to bear the mantle I’d been given. It was a LOT of pressure Cid on young shoulders, and I openly admit, I buckled under the sheer weight, and sought enlightenment from Giovanni Aries of all people, one of the biggest mistakes of my life. You might say that makes us similar, but I call bullshit on that. 

I was young and impressionable. I’d still some growing to do… I didn’t know who I was, so how could anyone else? But what was your excuse Cid, why would you choose that path so willingly after all you had achieved? Desperation maybe? Perhaps you truly believed the meanderings they were peddling? Or was it because you believed he could help with your injuries? In all honestly, I don’t know for sure, and with even more honesty, I don’t care. It’s not like you were banging down the door when I was at my lowest, you were winning championships and were as happy as Larry, our handshake well and truly forgotten until now when it suits. One thing that is for certain though, I can say with 100% surety that I learned from the experience. I took stock, and now the person you face on Breakdown is nothing like the competitor you faced last time out, a more rounded wrestler AND person than ever before. I heard you telling Beard the same things, musing over whether he was the person on whom to ‘pass the torch’. Cid, with the greatest respect, I spent the formulative years of my career in the shadow of Orlando and Shaun, carrying their legacy with me wherever I went. I don’t want someone else’s legacy; I’m building my own. You must understand what that means to me?”

He places both hands on the edge of the pool, leaning back ever so slightly into an even more relaxed position.

“But it’s not just mentally I’m in a far better place, because physically I am stronger, and more durable than ever before. You want energy bud, I got that in spades. I can rebound from situations when all seems lost, and I can counter when seemingly beaten. How was it you beat me before? A roll up I believe. I’m not going to say that I won’t fall for it again Cid, but I promise you it is a lot less likely. More importantly, I react quicker… heck, I’m probably faster than I’ve ever been. Probably the quickest on this roster. For someone who’s mind is distracted, and who the years are catching up on whether you want to admit it or not, I’m probably the worst opponent imaginable. How old are you now Cid? 42? You’ve got twenty years’ experience on me… granted. That’s of benefit to you, no question. That know how, can be irreplaceable if it is used in the right way. But your body bears the scars of a lifetime of wars, and whether you care to admit it or not, that will be a factor against someone who has become as relentless as I have. You’re not going to get a moments peace; I can promise you that bro, I’m going to be all over you like a rash, waiting for that one slip-up that has become a pattern in your matches recently as that desperation has kicked in. That moment that I can take advantage of and end the match in a heartbeat. That’s not me discounting you either, I know what you can do… that’s me recognizing that ultimately, I could be too much for you to handle, whilst understanding that I must hold back on at least ‘some’ of the risks I took against Selena, knowing it could cost me.”

Owen picks up his drink and pulls himself to his feet and starts to walk away from the pool and towards a seating area, sitting himself down. There, he continues, his tone still showing very little animosity towards his opponent.

“Since I returned at the turn of the year against Drake Hemingway, there have been very few people that understood what I went through, to get to this point. I can literally count on one hand the individuals that sat back, listened to me, and realized that I didn’t spend the eight months I was away from Supreme Championship Wrestling twiddling my thumbs, and spent that time bettering myself for my inevitable return… back to the scene of the crime. Preparing myself to finally be able to take on both my professional and personal challenges without the demons in my mind being able to control me. Finding out what I did, it would have destroyed many people my age. To find out your life was nothing but a lie, it’s a hell of a lot to process. Some people have told me that it was understandable that I lashed out, others like Josh Hudson have condemned me, and still do. But taking the rough with the smooth, that was the first thing I had to digest. Looking back, how easy it was to get into my head, it says a lot about the person I WAS. THAT is the person that even now Josh Hudson believes he is facing at Rise to Greatness, are you about to fall into the same trap? You shouldn’t of course, you’re a seasoned veteran after all. At forty years of age, you made the same mistake as I, trusting the ‘easy’ path that Aries offered. What does that say about you? It says that for all your experience, all that wealth of knowledge, you are still that person from years before who stumbled from show to show, blagging it and playing it by ear. Unable to tap into everything you had learned. No matter how much you color that up Cid, that FACT is very damning. It’s consistent with where your career is right now. It shows that like the saying goes, you most certainly can’t teach an old dog new tricks. So therefore, the question must be, are the tricks at your disposal enough?

And they could be Cid, they really could. Even with your confidence having taken a battering, you were still the World Champion not too long ago. Even with the years ticking on, you have still been a mainstay in the SCW Main Event for what seems like an eternity now. Although the losses have been racking up of late, there is no question that you still have five star matches in you, matches that in the future you are most definitely going to win a fair share of. Also, even if you don’t have the tools to take me down on Breakdown, you and I both know that Hudson is going to be chomping at the bit to get involved and ensure that the spotlight is on him as he looks to defend his ‘hard earned’ US title at Rise to Greatness. He's already cost me Taking Hold of the Flame, and a victory against Selena Frost. Who’s to say his obsession won’t lead him to make one last ‘statement’ however pointless, with just a week till the biggest Rise to Greatness ever? Cid, I’m going to level with you bro, I know I can beat you. I believe that even after everything you have done, I will surpass you and become the better competitor. 

In fact, I have very little doubt. 

You know what I also believe Cid… that moment where I surpass you isn’t a speck on the horizon, or something for the future. It’s right here, about to play out on Breakdown. I hope I have shown by my comments that my respect for you is undeniable and that I appreciate everything you have done, and all that you will do in the future as you no doubt use your experience to bring forward a new era of SCW talent. I’m not saying you are ready for the junkyard bro, or that it’s pipe and slippers time and a pat on the back for a career well done. What I am saying is whereas I couldn’t carry the mantle before, I most certainly can now. And there is no shame in that, there will be no shame in losing to me this time around. It’s not like you are facing the kid shackled by an overbearing expectation. You’re facing someone free. Someone in control of his destiny for the first time. And that Cid, is a concoction that breeds success. And with that success, my ultimate endgame… redemption. Can you stop that from happening? I have very little doubt that you could…”

He holds his gaze on the camera.

“…I just don’t think you will. Not this time bro. You’ve had my number in the past, but no more. These next two weeks are everything I have been building towards. These next two weeks belong to me.”

He holds up his glass to the camera and winks, as the scene slowly fades.
[Image: 270041540-258425806375597-7033161467703002046-n.png]