Savannah Sunshine vs. Crystal Zdunich
Crystal Zdunich’s first match of the new season didn’t even get started thanks to Calvan Greene. But SCW’s new season started with a bit more happiness as Savannah Sunshine debuted in her hometown. Now she looks to get started on the right foot.

2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET THURSDAY, September 8, 2022
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
On the previous episode of BREAKDOWN, Savannah Sunshine had made her presence known to the SCW Universe and those who worked there. For Savannah, the night had gone down exactly as she expected. The fans had loved the hometown favorite, something that she had a good feeling about. It was important for her to connect with the fans. It had always been top priority for her in most cases.

However, Crystal had been left with a sour taste. After not being able to even have a proper match due to Calvan Greene getting involved, Crystal's night had not gone according to plans.

Shortly after the last show, Savannah had received word that she would have her first official SCW match in just ONE WEEKS time. Starting in a new company was always something that could be perceived as nervewracking. For Savannah, she easily adapted to new opportunities and always went above and beyond to ensure she exceeded expectations.

While no one had any expectations of her, she wanted to show that she had what it took to do her very best. If she didn't give it her all, then she knew she wasn't prepared for what life could toss her way. Focus was so important in this business, she of all people knew that.

"What are you doing out here?" There's a familiar voice from behind her as the sliding glass door to the balcony slides open. Behind her, Asher Andrews, her younger brother, stands in the doorway before stepping out onto the balcony. It's late into the night, Twilight, to be more specific. That time of day where there's almost total darkness. Though, it's hard to spot the stars due to the cloudy overcast above. "You should be asleep, shouldn't you?" The taller male takes a seat on the balcony swing beside his older sister with an audible sigh of relief.

A soft laugh escapes the elder female who is significantly shorter than Asher. She's curled into a fuzzy robe, the hood of it tugged over her head to reveal teddy bear ears. It resembles Winnie The Pooh, one of Savannah's favorite storybook characters. "Couldn't sleep, as per usual. I wanted to look at the stars, but it's been raining most of the night." There's a noticeable frown on her face in the night as she shakes her head. The mere thought of a rainy day could ruin everything in her eyes. "I was just thinking about my first big match, you know. That one."

Asher nods, knowing fully well what she meant. "I was thirteen when I witnessed that. It kinda of stuck with me since then. Watching you fall off that scaffold, the look in Pandora's eyes when you fell through the announcers table. How we thought you were practically dead after the fall." Asher is taken back to that day, the day that had almost taken Savannah's career as quickly as it had started it seemed. "Pop swore he would never let you wrestle again, but you sure showed us two years later."

"See, you get it." She nudges him with her shoulder, the two sat side by side. "That's what this feels like to me, anytime I sign with a new company. It's like a leap of faith, a new start somewhere fresh. Somewhere exciting. What might be scary in someone else's eyes is just a new door opening in mine." She takes a moment to gaze up at the sky, a few stray stars coming to life as she gives a little smile. "Things are going to be different this time. Better. I can just feel it."

"And what about your opponent at the next show? What was her name?" Asher taps his chin in thought, fingers snapping a moment later. "Crystal Zucchini?" He manages to get a snort of a giggle out of his older sister, who playfully punches him in the arm. "Crystal Zdunich, you silly dum-dum head." She corrects him, though she knows he was only trying to get a laugh out of her. She shifts around a bit, knees tucked beneath her as she curls up against her brother comfortably.

"I think I might have my work cut out for me. She's got a lot more experience at this than I do. I've only been at this professionally for maybe a handful of years. And I mean, it was off and on for a bit. Then, I got those injuries and couldn't compete for awhile. So, I have my work cut out immensely." She lets out a breath, brushing curls from her frame of view. "But, even the ones who have been doing this for eleventy seven years can be cut down to size. I just hope she can show good sportsmanship on the chance that she does lose."

Asher contemplates, soaking in his sisters words. "And what if she wins? Can you handle losing your first match in SCW?" There's silence as Savannah frowns at the mere mention. Would it suck to lose her debut match? Of course, but she was ready for any outcome. Win or lose, she would always do her absolute best.

"Then, she wins. As long as she wins fair and square. I won't make any excuses. I won't blame anyone, and I'll even shake her hand. If she allows it." She nods, satisfied with her own words. "I mean, it would suck. Sure. But, that's how it is sometimes. Even in loss, I have to keep my head up and try again next time. Even the greatest wrestlers have taken losses, that's just how it is." Silence fills the air comfortably as the pair settle their gazes towards the sky. Stars slowly coming to life as Savannah smiles fondly.

"Pop would be proud of you. Scratch that, he is proud of you. Lookin' down from up above at all of us. Could you ever imagine we would ever be in the position to show the world what the Andrews family is all about?" Asher was still training, just a rookie to this life, Savannah had a hand in his training as well. Jaxon, before his death, was in charge. The mere thought of him caused a familiar ache in her chest, but she inhales a gentle breath.

"He's proud of all of us. You and me and Avery. All three of us. He came into our lives when Alexander was a crummy father. When Alexander had left us behind. When Alexander had-" She cuts herself off, not wanting to get overwhelmed with emotions. "Jaxon is our father. The only father we ever needed... and we'll make him proud everyday from here on out." She nodded firmly and Asher gave a stupid little grin from the other side of her.

"Then, you go out there and you give 'em hell." With those final words, the pair had a brief embrace, before Asher left his sister alone to her own thoughts. Her only company her own thoughts, the silence, and the stars in the night sky. Exactly how she liked it.