“Rockstar” Randy Ramon vs. Jamison Logan
2 RP limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, October 12, 2022
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
[Image: KwYyqjj.jpg?2]

[v.o.] “How did I even get here?

“Not like… here in this bar.  Not physically here...

“Not like… why am I still on this slab of rock hurtling through space at several thousand miles per hour here...”

Smoke billows through the air of a dark, back alley dive bar, somewhere in The Middle of Nowhere, USA.  The usual dive bar décor covers the wall in a who’s-who of shitty beer and cheap whiskey.  This is the exact kind of place that someone would visit either when they’re so lost that they don’t know any better, or when they do know better but just don’t want to be found.  

[v.o.] “But I mean like.. on an existential level.  What the fuck even happened?”

A rough looking fellow in a beat up leather jacket and dark sunglasses sits in the corner.  He silently drinks the last sips from a glass of Tullamore Dew, unwilling to sink to the depths it would take to consume the swill served at a place like this if you don’t order by name.

[v.o.] “I’m Randy Ramon, and this is my story.”

He slams the glass down on the table as the scene shifts.

[Image: U9ociPc.jpg?1]

It shifts to Quinta da Boa Vista city park, not far from the Maracanã Stadium in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.  Two people make their way through the park fighting, nay, beat the holy hell out of one another as they stumble towards the shore line of a body of water.

[v.o.] “That’s me and… well, I guess his name isn’t really important to you, since you’ll never meet him and thus his existence is completely and totally inconsequential.  So, for now, let’s just call him Ass-butt McGee.  The story of Ass-butt and I goes way back to the beginning of the pandemic era.  Back when everything went to shit, Ass-butt and I were good friends.  We teamed together, we hung out together, went to shitty dive bars together.  It was great… that is… until he - on the night I won a tournament that crowned my partner and I as the Tag Team Champions - tried to end my career with a lead pipe sneak attack to the back of the knee.  Not cool, right?  So we fought a bunch.  Blood everywhere.  My partner carved his partner’s chest with a piece of glass.  His partner tried to hang me on a cross.  We all said some things we didn’t mean.  Water under the bridge, right?  Heh, actually… good choice of words right there…”

Ass-butt locks our protagonist into a modified crossface chickenwing.  One man cinches the hold deeper, the other fights it off with all of his might.  The two begin to tumble… a bridge crosses the body of water not far from them.

[v.o.] “Alright, freeze it there.  You see that?  He called that hold the Ass-Butt Blaster Extravaganza or something.  I mean you and I both know he didn’t, but it was a dumb name either way.  I don’t know how but… he always got away with it.”

Ass-butt’s right arm illuminates in the overlay, showing it’s firmly wrapped around the Rockstar’s neck… a blatant and obvious choke.

[v.o.] “How?  How is that even legal?  I know what you’re saying… ’oh, you’re fighting in the park and it’s obviously not a sanctioned match!’ Yeah, well no shit Sherlock.  He did it in the ring, too.  He won World Championships with that shit!”  

An extremely pregnant pause.

[v.o.] “He… he took my World Championship with that shit…”

A follow-up pause that’s so pregnant it’s probably having triplets.

[v.o.] “He… took everything from me.  The World Championship.  The Tag Team Championships.  A good friend.  My pride.  Everything.  So, maybe that’s why it’s not so surprising what happened next.”

Someone hits ‘play’ and the scene resumes.  The two flail into the water, slowly sinking under, sure to pop back up at any second.  Right?  Wrong.  A few seconds turn into a few minutes turn into a few hours turn into a few days, and there is no movement whatsoever.

[v.o.] “At the end of it all, he even took my life…

“Or, so I thought.”

The scene rewinds back to a few minutes after the two went under water.  This time, a figure on the far right of the screen is illuminated.  Someone - or something - drags a body from the water.  

[v.o.] “See that?  That long hair?  Those chiseled abs?  That’s obviously me.  There’s nothing Ass-butt-ian about that body.  It has to be me.  But who pulled me out?  Everyone I care about was back at that arena… this wasn’t a planned fight or sanctioned match - no one knew where to find us.  So who saved me?”

Flash forward to a sterile room with white walls and masked professionals lingering around.

[v.o.] “One minute I’m going under water and scratching and crawling for my life… the next I’m in this Brazilian hospital in their version of the ICU.  They’re poking and prodding and needling and just making my life a living hell.”

Flash to a run-down hotel, where our hero argues with a front desk worker.

[v.o.] “I finally get out of there and head back to my hotel - and obviously, because hotels, they’ve thrown all of my shit away and are completely and utterly useless - but there’s a note at the front desk for me.  It’s not signed, or dated, but it says that if I want answers, to be in this booth at this bar, on this night.  It doesn’t say anything about the Irish Whiskey - that… that was my choice.  About the only one I’ve got to make for myself since that night in the park.”

[Image: KwYyqjj.jpg?2]

We cut back to the bar, and he’s since refilled the drink.  He takes a sip.

[v.o.] “So now I sit here, anxiously waiting to find out why the hell I’ve been summoned here, who the hell by, and - I cannot stress enough that this is above all else - why the hell I’m still here.

He takes another sip as the door swings open, drawing the attention of the Rockstar and the other two people in the bar who can be bothered to look up from their phones.

In walks a huge, hulking, superhero movie henchman looking guy.  You know the type.  So big, bald, wide, and muscular that their head looks too small for their body, which is about to burst out of their finely pressed suit..  Your typical henchman, straight out of Eastern Europe or something.  As he slams the door behind him, his eyes search the darkness, looking for the recipient of the large manilla envelope that rests in, and is dwarfed by, his left hand.  After a beat, he spots his prey.

“You Randy?”

The Rockstar adjusts himself in his seat, feeling his natural fight or flight instincts kicking in.  Where’s the door?  Where’s the nearest weapon?  He eyes up a pool cue mounted on the wall a few steps away.

“Who’s asking?”

The man smiles a creepy smile, then responds in a thick accent.

“Wouldn’t you like to know…”

Henchman grabs a chair at the table and plops into it, testing its absolute limits, and sets the envelope down on the table.  

“...and you will.  When time is right.  Time is not right… now.”

Randy leans back in his own seat, aggressively and frustratingly crossing his arms.

“So… then why am I here?  Why am I alive?  Why am I not a bloated corpse in some Brazilian morgue?”

Henchman smiles.  

“In time.”

He slides the envelope across the table, directly in front of the Rockstar.

“Open.”

Randy hesitantly lifts the envelope from the table.  He undoes the fastener and pulls out two items: a photo and a stack of papers.

“What is this? Who is this?”

He asks.  The photo is stamped “Jamison Logan” and shows a hulking man with lots of tattoos and - from the look on his face - a natural disposition towards inflicting pain on others.

“He is man we need you to… how you say… take care of.”

“You want me to…?”

He makes a gesture sliding his thumb across his own throat.

“No, no.  Murder too… messy.  Not like that.  Just send… message.”

Randy holds up the papers that accompanied the photo.

“Uh huh… and this?”

“Contract.  Supreme Championship Wrestling.  You sign, we do rest.”

The Rockstar slowly nods his head, taking this all in.

“What if I refuse?”

Now it’s Henchman’s turn to chuckle.

“Then you go back in lake.  No come out.”

A very long pause ensues.

“But… man… I wanted to be done with all of this.  I just… I wanted to refocus on my music, do some traveling.  I got this Get Out of Jail Free card and wanted to use it.”

Henchman rises from his seat.  An imposing figure if there ever was one.

“Why you think you have this card?”

“But…”

Henchman moves towards the door.

“Take care of Mr. Logan, yes?”

“But…”

“Take care of it, Mr. Ramon!”

Henchman exits as the Rockstar slams his hand down on the table out of frustration.

“Bar man!” he shouts, “Another!”

Shaking his head, he reads the contract on the table in front of him as the scene fades.

===========================
December 31st, 2021
EOTY Special: Post-Elimination
===========================
It was a chaotic scene for Jamison, after suffering his elimination at the hands of Julia Braddock, his head was really killing him from the Chastisement she had delivered to him. He had gotten up slowly and started making his way to the back. Feeling a little down on himself for barely lasting as long as he had hoped, he was met by trainers and staff who had directed him to seek out medical attention to ensure everything was fine prior to him leaving the arena, standard operating procedure to avoid any liabilities and lawsuits after the fact.

He was sitting in one of the medical rooms, he had an ice pack on his head to try and cool things down. He was still feeling pretty down, he knew that this was a big opportunity for him, even though he was far out of his league once he was in there, but not even lasting long enough to eliminate one person was also something that had bothered him. He really wanted to make an impression, having little wrestling talent seemed like he was doomed to last about 5 seconds but getting the big hit on Gavin Taylor really had him feeling alive, especially when the crowd roared for it. It was a surreal experience for him, now coming back to the reality that he was going to have to go back home and try and figure out what to do next. He could hear some commotion outside his room. He heard a few voices but then he heard something that really caught his attention.

Amy:Hi doc, I’m looking for Jamison Logan, have you seen him?

Doc: Yeah, he’s right in this room over here.

Having someone asking about him was very intriguing and somewhat bizarre for Jamison, why would anyone wanna see him at this point? Everything was over and he was told he would need to leave the arena shortly after being cleared by the doctor so why would someone wanna stop by and talk to him. He had looked up for a few moments waiting but nothing yet. He went back to icing the back of his head when he heard the door opening. In walks a lady, red hair and looking a little impressed after having a chance to see Jamison up close, she smiles as she looks over at him as Jamison looks up to make eye contact.

Amy: How are you holding up?

Jamison shrugs a little, he knew that he was feeling disappointed over the result but there was a sense that he still managed to accomplish something special. His body was hurting though, he was just trying to recuperate as much as he could before having to go back home and figure out what his next step would be, given that this had ended rather poorly for him. He didn't want to seem down though, knowing this was another experience for him and another attempt at doing something outside the box in order to be able to help him and his mother out. He takes a deep breath and looks over at the lady.

Jamison: Pretty sore, still trying to get over the fact that I went out there and actually tried to win a battle royal with some really crazy talent. I didn't feel so out of place but I knew that it wasn't going to be easy unless I found a way to try and survive.

Jamison adjusts the ice bag on his head as he talks, the lady looks at him and can sense the adrenaline he has coursing through him, though there was a slight look that showed he was a little disappointed by his result but nonetheless she smirked.

Amy: I have to admit that it took some serious guts to go out there with no experience and try and accomplish something remarkable. We're lucky if we pull a few local indy wrestlers looking for some fill-ins but I'll admit I've never seen anyone come in fresh with no actual wrestling experience and actually try to fight these guys straight up. I would have expected you to lay low and stay away from the action but you got right in there and didn't show any fear at all. I’m impressed.

That really made Jamison feel better, he wasn't expecting anyone to really care but to have someone seek him out and give him that kind of validation and acknowledgment really hit home for him. Jamison finally decided to figure out who really cared so much.

Jamison: I’m sorry, I don't mean to be rude, or disrespectful but may I ask who you are? I don't know anyone here so It just seems kind of weird to have someone go out of their way to see me, let alone give me credit for going out there, it means alot.

The lady smirked, that was a fair question, given she hadn't introduced herself at all and had come checking on a kid she had never met before. Still, she looked at his raw physique and saw something promising in him, seeing him hold his own out there during the battle royal that could potentially be worked into something even bigger.

Amy: YOu’re right, I'm sorry, I should have introduced myself earlier when I first walked in. My name is Amy Chastaine, former SCW World Champion and a hall of famer. I don't have a lot of time but I wanted to give you something. I run an academy down in New Orleans to help develop potential wrestlers that want to try and make it big in this business. I know that you don't have any experience but seeing you out there and trying to prove yourself went a long way with me. I’m going to give you my business card, you don't have to decide now, like I said I don't have much time and it's a lot to think about but, if you do decide that it's a chance you are willing to take, you can reach me at this number and we can discuss this further. I’ll see you later, great job out there tonight.

Amy comes over and gives him the business card before they shake hands and she makes her way out of the room. He looked at it for a few moments, a little overwhelmed by the whole experience. Never was he expecting to get anything out of this, even the idea seemed far fetched but he was willing to do anything and take any chance imaginable to try and help him and his mother get by. This business card was a potential life changing event that was something he couldn't have fathomed just a few short days ago. It was the end of the year, but it was about to becoming the beginning of a new year that was going to change Jamison’s life forever

The Code Of The Sith
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Jamison's setup wasn't anything flashy, he was in his apartment, with nothing more than a laptop camera and his back wall. He didn't have anything fancy setup to deliver his promo video for his upcoming match but he liked it that way. It was no different than when he delivered his video for the invitational. He wanted the simplicity, that even though he had been training at the academy, still wanted to have a but of himself and his style in his presentation.

He had his shirt on, hair lightly spiked up and a smile on his face realizing that this was going to be the real deal. This was a wrestling match and not just an over the top battle royal. He needed to be focused and driven like never before.

He wanted a few moments before turning the recorder on and started.

===On camera!===

Jamison: I was not born to do this, I was not destined for greatness.

I was someone who merely was trying to do something out of the ordinary to try and win himself some money for his family to try and continue living, while most people wanted to go dark and try and do illegal things to make that money, I tried using my size I had built up over the years to try and do something different.

Unconventional? Sure, but it was better than the alternative 9f sticking a gun in someone's face and demanding their money.

It was no different than when I decided that my first foray into SCW was spearing the likes of Sammy to help save a friend and her friends. It would have been simpler for me to keep my head down, being inexperienced, and simply avoid any head on collisions but I decided that it was better to help out someone in need because it was something important and something that I stood up for. It was a means for me to be able to pay back for the opportunity that I had been given when I was staring nearly at the bottom of a barrel. I was given the lifeline that most people only dream of, whether it's wrestling or anything else and I wasn't about to just take it for granted.

That's why facing you is no different, Ricky.

You might be as new to the roster as I am but you're certainly no stranger to this business. I could have chosen the path of least resistance and worked my way up slowly, teeing up enhancement talent to try and build myself up but I wasn't interested in taking the long way. I've never hesitated, I didn't hesitate when I first stepped into a ring at the end of the year battle royale when I knew nothing. I jumped right into the fire and starting throwing bombs to make an impression. I wanted to go out there and show people something because I had the opportunity to do so. I wanted to achieve a better result than being eliminated in about 10 minutes but I felt alive for those few minutes and it helped bring me to where I am today.

It was against conventional wisdom for me to run out there and piss off the biggest blow hard in SCW by getting involved with Bree, Datura and Alexis but I knew they needed a hand. I had been focused on helping Bree get ready for her return to the ring that o felt that I couldn't stand by and watch the numbers game be an advantage I had seen that too many times on my life so when my contract was finally finalized just after apocalypse that I wasted no time in finally getting my hands dirty and getting the chance to do something about it.

I’ve never asked for anything easy, if you think that this is going to be an easy match for you, you have another thing coming.

I understand you have your own motives and your own reasons for being here, we all do. I also know that I don't have the most experience but I have been fortunate to find myself in a position where I have been trained by former world champions that have taken my raw talent and ability and have been working to make something even better out of it. Noone has ever given me the opportunity like Amy and the Blackout academy has and I intend to make the most of it. I'm not saying I am about to go on any kind of winning streak but by jumping into the fire, once again, against a man like you ricky, I know that I am going to continue to grow from this whether it is in victory or defeat.

I can only hope that you don't take this lightly, I am not the type that can be pushed over easily and it is not the first time that I have been backed into a corner in my lifetime. My entire life has been about survival and about becoming stronger each and every day, ever since I was told at a young age that I was nothing but weak and pathetic, I have been getting stronger and tougher and taking on any challenge in front of me. It's why I signed up for the battle royal, it's why i ran out against better judgment and speared Sammy and it's why, on Breakdown, I am going to show you and the rest of SCW just why Amy took a chance on me and why Jamison Logan is going to be a name to look out for in the future.

The Code Of The Sith
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.