The House of Frost vs. The Happy Farmstead Friends
SCW World Tag Team Championship

2 RP Limit for singles

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET SUNDAY, November 6, 2022 *NOTE EXTENDED DEADLINE TO ACCOMMODATE LATE SHOW*
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
OOC: Deanna’s first. Counts for both matches. Posted here for placement.

The Witches of Alden

”Capability”

Black Arrow Neighbourhood 
Manhattan, New York
October 28th, 2022
2:47pm

Her fingertips hurt a little, but it only spurred her to dig harder. She knew she was being stupid. They had a set of tools in the garage. A simple hand-shovel, what was it called? A trowel? Yeah, that. That would have worked far better for the task… but not for her mental state. She wanted to hurt – it allowed her to be angry, and she also wanted to be angry. 

Deanna knew that being angry never solved any problems. Hell, if she had learned anything from her time in Frankfurt, it had been that lashing out and acting in anger usually lead to bigger problems! But that was just it! She knew that! She wasn’t an idiot! She wasn’t stupid! She wasn’t weak-

Again, that familiar spike of anger laced through her, churning away inside her as she finished clawing the rough dirt out of the way enough to drive the solar-panelled lawn lamp into the ground, her dirtied hand immediately sweeping the dirt she had moved back over it, burying the spike end and securing the lamp into the Earth.

With a sigh, the redhead rolled off her haunches where she stood, rolling backward and against the nearby tree – one of many that were part of the forest-path/trail that eventually lead to the front of her house in Manhattan. She felt the thick bark press against her back and the back of her head as she breathed deeply, letting herself bring her heartrate down from its slight elevation. Gazing down at her hand, she spied the dirt-stains on her fingers and the clumps of soil that lined the underside of her fingernails. With a turn of her head, she spied the long trail of similar lamps – two parallel lines that ran from the trail to the front of her property and, eventually, back onto the trail to the next house. 

Selena had kept her alone all day after the angry morning they had had and, alone with her thoughts, Deanna was able to admit a few things to herself.

First, how unfair she had been, giving Selena the silent treatment all morning until exploding at her to ‘leave her alone’. 

”You think I don’t know what I am doing?!”
“I think you don’t understand what you are signing on for. There’s a reason she chose you.”
“What? You think I’m going to care more about becoming world title number one contender than us being tag-champions?”
“I think you’re going to be distracted when you see the chamber hanging above your head during the tag-match. I think it’s a distraction that we don’t need. I think-“

“You know what I think?! I think you WANTED so badly to be the number one contender for the world title, but you lost to Kimberly! And now that I have a REAL chance at becoming a challenger for the world title, you’re afraid that you won’t be able to EVER get your rematch! That’s what I think! I think you’re upset because it’s me and not you!”

Even at the time, she had known she was being unfair… but so was her wife. And that was the issue. 

“She still thinks I’m a porcelain doll…” Deanna whispered to herself, lifting her hand to rub at her eyes, only to stop the motion just before touching her face when she recalled the amount of dirt that covered both her hands. Irritated, she drove her arm up to rub at her face with the rolled-up sleeve of her maroon sweater. Gods, she wanted to apologize to Selena, like she had in so many other of their fights, but this wasn’t a fight where she needed to be the one to apologize first, and even by herself now, she knew that. 

Everything with the Scythes and the Frostmeres.
Everything with Frankfurt Prison III.
Everything with Killjoy! 

Did Selena forget that Deanna had survived it all with her? That Deanna had been there through it all, and sometimes worse, and come out of it alive? So how…how could she say that to Shaun?

She’s not ready for that!

Angrily, Deanna slammed her eyes shut, trying to stop the tears from escaping her. “Dammit, Selena…” she half-whispered, half-cried for the umpteenth time, feeling the similar spikes of anger, pain, and sadness, both at her wife, but also at herself:

Why had she gone looking for Selena? Why had she wanted to shower with her wife after that whole ordeal with Ducky’s birthday party? Yes, it had been a few days since they had made love but it wasn’t like that! She had just wanted to shower with her wife, make her Selena feel loved after coming so close to winning the match that would have put The Snow Queen as the number one contender. Instead, she had gone looking for the Snow Queen throughout the Capital One Arena in Washington DC, searching through the halls, still in her leaf-covered onesie, asking various crew and superstars if they had seen Selena. 

Of course, when she had reached the office of Shaun Cruze, she was already feeling rather nervous. What if the Farmstead Friends had jumped her wife on Lexy’s orders? They had already bailed on the birthday party and Lexy had arranged the mess that was Deanna in the elimination chamber – which she did NOT want to think about right now. She was still partially in denial about it being her name that was spoken. Maybe Shaun had made a mistake and meant ‘Selena FROST’ – that made a hell of a lot more sense! 

REGARDLESS, she remembered thinking, The Farmstead Friends, and more accurately Lexy and Dancing Bear, were willing to do anything to keep the House of Frosts from being at 100% heading into Under Attack and the SCW World Tag-Team championship. Attacking the strongest member backstage in Selena was not beyond impossible and Deanna regretted, in that moment, not changing into more appropriate clothes in case she found Selena in the throngs of some kind of brawl. 

But back to approaching Shaun Cruze’s door, the redhead had been ready to just knock and ask politely if the young man had seen Selena. However, as her hand reached up to rap her knuckles against the painted wood, she could hear the voices on the other side. Yelling voices. 

They were muffled and not very coherent, but the pitch and accent, Deanna recognized one right away as her wife’s, which gave her a momentary wash of relief through her system. Least Selena wasn’t being attacked. Still, as her breathing slowed, the young Frost had begun to wonder what Selena was talking about that was making her so angry…

And this is where Deanna had wished she had stopped. Had just, knowing her wife was safe, turned back around and walked back to their dressing room. She could just pretend she hadn’t wandered through the arena in her onesie and, maybe, still get that shower with her beloved….

But that isn’t what happened. Instead, she slowly reached out towards the door, turned the doorknob and slowly, imperceptibly, pushed the door open. The voices immediately became crystal clear.

“How could you allow this?!”
“It’s not something I can prevent! It’s out of my hands!”
“You’re in charge!”
“Not in that regard!”

It sounded like a damn shouting match, back and forth, each person trying to get the other to see their point of view. The emotional sounds of it all was enough to make Deanna instinctively gulp. 

“Selena…” she heard Shaun Cruze’s voice. “I didn’t want to choose her, either. You know that. She’s doing well, but she’s not…” he seemed to sigh. “She’s not ready for that.”

“Tell me something I don’t know!” Selena shot back. “I barely survived those things. Shaun…” her voice trailed off for a moment. “You know what that thing does to people! It shortens careers! And if she was further along, I’d…I think I’d be okay with it. But she isn’t even done her first year! She barely survived the Underground Division-“

Deanna felt her spine stiffen. They couldn’t have been talking about her, could they? No, it wasn’t her that had made Selena so angry, was it? And again, she should have just left there – left well enough alone - but instead, she moved closer to the door, as if the millimeters of space could amplify the sound tenfold. 

“I can’t undo it.” Shaun sighed. “I’ve got those investigators up my ass over some trumped up ‘conspiracy’ nonsense. But…” his voice seemed to lift at the idea. “Deanna could refuse to participate in the chamber.”

Hearing her own name, Deanna’s jaw dropped. They WERE talking about her. Worse yet, they were talking about her being in the chamber match – or rather, refusing to be in the chamber match.

“She would never agree to that.” Selena sighed. “She would feel like a coward.”

Damn right I would! Deanna’s mind screamed, but she covered her hand with her mouth to keep from speaking those thoughts aloud. 

“Well, then convince her. For her own sake, yours, and for that of your tag-team.” Shaun advised. “At this point, I have to go through with the booking and say she is ‘planned’ to be a participant. But I can’t be at fault if she refuses to participate in order to ‘focus on being a good tag-team partner’ rather than a ‘pawn to Lexy’s games’.”

A long silence filled the space and, for a moment, Deanna felt her heart skip a beat or two in panic that she had been discovered in her less than ideal ‘hiding spot’ near the ajar door. However, she heard no steps approaching the door. And…for the third time – THIS should have been where she left things alone!

“I’ll talk to her.” She heard Selena sigh. “Convince her to drop out. You’re right. She’s not ready for that.”

It wasn’t entirely clear which emotion emerged first in the redhead. Shock or pain. How could her wife say that? Shaun was one thing. He had to put SCW’s image and the business first but Selena was her wife! How many times had she doubted herself and Deanna had helped her through? It had been her that had first convinced Selena to go out and try to win the SCW World title almost six years ago at the End of the Year event against Alexis Quinne. Her that had pushed Selena to try again for the world title years and years later! Never doubting! Always believing in her! And here Selena was… thinking that she wasn’t ready… good enough…

Even presently, Deanna wasn’t sure which emotion came first, but she knew which emotion had won out. Rage. Worse yet, a familiar rage. One she had felt after hearing those words over and over again from everyone else in SCW!

And for the fourth time- NO! Deanna was past that now! She was down the rabbit hole and too angry to care. With a shove, she had pushed the door open fully, earning the surprised attention of both Shaun and Selena. “Excuse me.” She had spat darkly. “If you’re going to be talking about me and my career, perhaps I should be present in such discussions, don’t you think?!”

“Deanna…” Selena tried.

“No, please, Mrs. Frost.” The redhead marched over to a nearby plush chair in the office and sat down, crossing one leg over the other. “Don’t let me stop you. You were just deciding for me how I should handle this big mess Lexy Chapel has thrown us into. Please! Continue to think and speak for me! I’ll wait!”

“Deanna…” Shaun tried, easily sensing the tension this mistake had made. “We are only thinking of your well being.” 
“Says the man that picked Owen to be in the chamber.” Deanna scoffed.

“Owen has been involved in chamber matches before. As has Allocco.” Shaun countered. “And the others have far more experience in wrestling than you do. You literally just began less than a year ago.”

“Alistaire Allocco did it in less time!” Deanna, for a moment, had actually been proud that she had been able to think of that counter so quickly. Despite her lack of years as a wrestler, she still had nearly a decade as a manager, dammit! She almost miss Selena stiffen a little from that memory, as it had been her that Allocco had pinned in the chamber to win it and become SCW world champion via a cheap shot from behind. ‘Not going to regret that hitting that nerve.’ Deanna thought. ‘She asked for it.’ 

“Allocco wasn’t double booked.” Selena slowly spoke. “Would you rather we quit our tag-team title match so you can focus on the chamber? Because I will if we have to.”

“No!” Deanna shot in. Despite everything that had just occurred and everything she had just heard, the redhead still wanted nothing more than to become world tag-team champions with her wife! It was beyond ‘the dream’, it was… it was why she had transitioned from manager to wrestler in the first place. Still, she couldn’t just ignore what she had heard. 

“Okay…” Shaun seemed rather pensive as he sat at his desk, mulling over options. “There is the option of isolating Deanna.”
“What does that mean?” the redhead asked.
“It means…” Selena explained. “That I wrestle our tag-match and you just stand in the corner. Simple.”
“That’s not tag-wrestling!” Deanna countered. “That’s a handicap match!”

She couldn’t believe these ideas! Each one involved some kind of ‘non-wrestling’ role for her or something to that effect! “Why can’t I do both?” she blurted out.

“The very fact that you are asking that question…” Selena’s expression darkened as she crossed her arms over her chest. “Is why Shaun and I are having this conversation.”

“I survived the Underground Division!” Deanna countered.
“For less than two months.” Selena countered.
“Longer than your second reign as world champion!” Deanna shot back, immediately regretting it as she saw the flash of surprise in Selena’s eyes, true as the statement was. “I…” she sought new words desperately. “I mean… I’m not afraid to do both matches.”

“Nobody is questioning your drive, Deanna.” Shaun tried to explain. “What we are concerned with is the danger this puts you in.” he took a deep breath. “Let’s say you win the tag-team titles at Under Attack, but you immediately get injured in the chamber. What then? Now, Selena either has to drop the titles or find a new partner until you return. Or worse, what happens if you get hurt in the tag-match and then have to wrestle the chamber?”

There was a moment of silence between all three individuals, Shaun and Selena watching Deanna’s moves as she fidgeted uncomfortably on the chair in her onesie. It’s not that she hadn’t thought about these things when she had first gotten the news of Lexy hijacking a spot in the chamber for her. The chamber was one of the most dangerous structures in SCW. It was nigh-impossible to win a match at 100%, let alone wrestling two matches in one night. But they thought she hadn’t considered the danger at all since the announcement. 

And the truth was, despite her best efforts, she had. But the reality was that, after facing Kimberly Williams, Konrad Raab with his mace, and so many people at Apocalypse… to be the only person besides the winner that had walked out of that match of their own volition? Was it wrong that she felt that she had become used to the dangers? The risks? And that made the chamber a little less scary to her? No less dangerous! But a little less scary?

Casting her emerald gaze up, she saw Shaun first, the man appearing… did he always look so tired? Weary? Like the weight of the world was on his shoulders? Slowly, her eyes found Selena’s, and that mental bond between them forged from nearly seven years of marriage. She wanted Deanna to concede. To not go through with the chamber match, not because of the tag-titles, though Deanna knew Selena wanted them as much as she did, but because…because…

“Answer me one question and if it’s not what I think it is, I’ll concede…” she had spoken, eyeing both Shaun again. “Would this be an issue if Lexy had chosen Selena?”

There was a moment of hurtful silence between the three, forcing Deanna to push the question. “Would we be here, having this conversation about ‘safety’ and ‘conceding a match’, essentially forfeiting, if Lexy had chosen Selena instead of me?”

She was no longer looking at Shaun, but rather directly at her wife, lover and partner, watching as the woman, known for her integrity in SCW, could no longer look her in the eyes. It was all the answer she had needed.

“I thought not.” Deanna replied, feeling that spike of anger wrap around her again, the truth more apparent than Selena’s platinum-blonde hair. Bitterly, she pushed herself out of the seat. “You can be sure that I will be attending Under Attack, Mr. Cruze. And I WILL be wrestling BOTH matches that night!”

“Deanna…” Selena tried, but withered under the cold glare of her emerald-eyed wife.

“Consider the matter closed and your little ‘problem’ solved. That should take care of any ‘guilt’ you may have.” She spoke sharply to Shaun, who merely nodded his head.

“I’ll ensure the rest of management knows. They’ll want to get started on publicity posters as soon as possible.”

Deanna didn’t wait to hear anymore, finally choosing to turn and leave the room. She didn’t take many steps down the hall of the arena before she heard steps coming up behind her.

“Deanna…” of course it was her voice, accented and beautiful. “I was just looking out for you-“

It was the worst thing she could possibly have said, and it was enough for Deanna to feel the snap of whatever patience she had left. Turning around, she glared back at the Snow Queen, still in her own onesie of snowflakes. “You were trying to make my decisions for me without talking to me first. Just like you’ve done over and over again! That’s what you were doing!”

“I didn’t-“

“The hell you didn’t!” Deanna shot back. “I am tired. I am angry and I have a damn Halloween contest to try and win! Home is a four-hour drive from here and poor Eric is waiting for us. I am going to bed.” She spun on her foot, leaving her wife standing there before throwing back, “You can sleep on the couch tonight!”

Deanna felt the tears rolling off her cheeks as she opened her eyes, her vision immediately impaired by the water in her eyes before it, too, rolled down her cheeks. She felt the tree against her, holding her up, supporting her…

Why couldn’t Selena do that? Why did every step Deanna took as a wrestler, in life, have to be a minefield where Selena thought she needed protection – like some princess in a castle or some fragile doll? 

That’s not why you’re upset… She heard the thought in her head mock her slightly, angrily wiping at her face with forearm. Her timing was perfect for, as she lowered her arm, she spied her youngest daughter, Amiliah, running down the short hill towards her, Elsianna following her. The small child bounded towards Deanna and was by her side within seconds.

“Mommy! Mommy!” cried out the child, her plaid pants’ bright colors of green and blue contrasting with the dark, earthly colors of the ground, as did her pink sweater – all of which was different to Elsianna’s black leggings, gray long-shirt, black jacket and matching gloves and boots. “Spencer said that we could help carve pumpkins for his display! Can we?! Can we?!”

It took Deanna a few seconds before her brain registered what she was hearing. Spencer Cunningham was the son of Walter and Hannah Cunningham, one of the many neighbours down the street from the house. An older couple, a decade or two older than Selena and Deanna but still lively and kind. Their sons were Kurt and Spencer (Spencer the youngest and a late ‘surprise/miracle’ for the family). 

“They want help carving pumpkins?” Deanna asked, not needing to change her position from sitting as she was eye-level with her red-headed daughter, who nodded eagerly. 
“Spencer said his mom and dad had a supercool idea!”

Amiliah’s cuteness was just enough to make Deanna smile. “Alright.” She sighed. “Long as you let Elsianna and Mrs. Cunningham help. And you only use what they give you.”

“Okay!” Amiliah didn’t wait, immediately scampering off back up the hill towards, Deanna assumed, was the Cunningham’s house. She saw Elsianna standing there, a worried expression on her face as she regarded her mom.

“Elsa?” Deanna tilted her head. “You going to make sure she uses only the ‘safety, orange-plastic, carving tools?”

“Y…yes, mom.” Elsianna looked away, seemingly embarassed.
“Something wrong?” the redhead asked, shifting to push herself up to her feet, groaning as her back and legs protested a little.

“No…” Elsianna shook her head, only to look back at her mom. “Well, I mean…” she closed her mouth again. “No. Sorry.”

Quickly, the child excuse herself, jogging back up the hill to follow Amiliah. 

“Strange.” Deanna thought aloud with a tilt of her head before checking over her work. The lights were all set and would be the perfect guide throughout her Halloween display.

To say that things were heating up a little in the Black Arrow neighbourhood as the night of the contest drew ever closer would be an understatement. In fact, despite the unpleasantness that had occurred at Breakdown, the Queen’s Guard had been grateful that the show had been a mere four hours from Manhattan, making it easy for them to travel there and back rather than needing a plane-ride or days of travel. And the fact that she would have a solid few days after Halloween to get to Under Attack meant she wouldn’t have to miss anything for the holiday. In short, she could devote a good amount of time in making sure everything was as perfect as it could be.

She needed to win – at least beat Leslie Sanderson. Although, as of late, the annoying woman and her ‘tendencies’ towards Deanna and her marriage to Selena was occupying less and less of the redhead’s mind. In fact, if Deanna were honest with herself, this whole competition had devolved into more of an outlet. 

Leslie believed that Deanna’s win last year had been a fluke. That she couldn’t do it again. That she wasn’t capable of such things. It was not so different than in SCW and since she couldn’t do anything about SCW until Under Attack now, this was the next best thing… or fighting her wife in their ring in their home-gym.

“That’s still an option…” Deanna growled under her breath as she adjusted one of the ground lamps before making her own way up the hill her children had travelled, passing the first display she had built last week – that of The Wolfman. It wasn’t until she had reached the frontyard and saw the ‘house section display’ of a graveyard that lead into the Frankenstein lab (he did make his Creature out of dead bodies, right?) that Deanna spotted the platinum-blonde there, the taller woman standing on the porch in blue jeans and a simple magenta sweater. The neckline was larger and exposed a bit of her tattooed shoulder, the black-snowflake visible even from where Deanna stood.

Of course, she’s wearing THAT sweater… Deanna thought with a grumble. She loved when her wife wore that sweater because she could cuddle her fluffiness and have access to the neck and shoulder for ‘kissing purposes’. No, you’re still VERY mad at her. Deanna reminded herself, which wasn’t hard given the argument they had had this morning. And when Selena, not seeing her wife standing there, reached out to adjust one of the jars on the table – the one with the brain on it that read ‘abnormal brain’- that anger prickled up to the front.

“What are you doing?” Deanna asked, marching towards the display where her wife stood, Selena jumping a little at the redhead’s outburst. “I told you that I didn’t want or need any help with this now.”

Recovering from her slight scare, the Snow Queen gestured towards the table. “I was just adjusting one of the jars. It was turned the wrong way. I think David was having a laugh.”

“Or maybe…” reaching out, Deanna grasped the large, glass jar, forcefully turning it back the way it was. “Maybe I would have noticed it and fixed it later, but that wasn’t good enough for you so you just had to ‘fix it’ yourself because you thought I wouldn’t notice it myself.” She turned her head back to the jar. “Oh look! An askew jar!” she turned it back over the way Selena had done it, allowing the ‘abnormal brain’ sign to be in full view. “Guess I could do it.”

With a long exhale, Selena rolled her eyes at her wife. “You’re being childish.” She said simply.

“Oh, am I?” laughed Deanna. “Well how else can I act when you won’t treat me like a grown-ass adult capable of making her own decisions?”

“OH FOR ODIN’S SAKE!” Selena half-yelled. “I was just trying to do the right thing, okay?! Do you honestly believe that you would be in that chamber match if not for Lexy? Tell me you do! Please! Tell me you saw yourself in that chamber match when it was announced.”

“Doesn’t matter.” Shrugged Deanna. “I’m in it now.”
“Yes! But why?! It doesn’t make sense! It’s on after our match with Penguin and Bear, so at BEST – AT BEST – she’s screwing you over for a match that you didn’t even want to be in in the first place! So why?!” Selena shrugged. “Did you even think about that during your temper tantrum?”

“You’re the one that’s yelling.” Deanna observed, only for Selena to ignore her.

“Of course you didn’t. You’re too busy feeling slighted and hurt that ‘no one believes I can do it! No one wants me to go for these titles! No one believes in Deanna!’. All about you!”

“Well SOMEONE has to think about me.” Deanna shot back. “You clearly aren’t!”

“ALL I DO IS THINK ABOUT YOU!” Selena yelled, jumping to her feet, standing several inches taller than Deanna. “All I’ve done is because I think about you.”

“Yeah! Like your porcelain doll!” Deanna countered, refusing to back down from her wife, staring the woman down – or up in this case. “As your ‘fragile little princess’!”

“You’re wrong.”

“Then how come you couldn’t answer my question last night? If it was you and not me that was picked, would it have been okay?”

“I’m different!” Selena countered. “I have nearly ten years of experience here! You don’t even have one!”

“And what? I would have had to take it? I would have to just accept that you were going to walk into a show where you’re double-booked? What’s good for Selena isn’t for Deanna, that it?”

“It’s two different scenarios, Deanna!” Selena tried. “You’re comparing us, but I am prepared for this. You’re not. You’ve never even been in a chamber match before! You’ve barely been in tag-matches! I have. I’ve won the tag-titles twice!”

“Yeah, and how did that end up for both your partners?” 

Deanna wished she could take that one back – even in that moment, that microsecond of time where you hear what you say before the person you’re talking to does. Because the way she saw Selena’s eyes widen in shock at the inference of not only Dawn Lohan but Regan Street – the two women she had won the tag-titles with and the history between both… 

Something faded in Selena’s eyes, Deanna could see it. A bit of light wasn’t there anymore, replaced by hurt, the platinum-blonde’s head lowering to look at her own pale hands. Immediately, Deanna wanted to apologize for that lowblow. But again, she still believed that she shouldn’t be the one to apologize first! Selena had started this by going behind her back to Shaun Cruze, discussing convincing her to quit the chamber match. For not believing in her!

“Fine.” Selena breathed, snapping her head back up. “Do what you want. I hope you win.”
“I’m…” Deanna caught herself from apologizing, choosing instead to roll her shoulders and stand her ground. “I will.”

“Good.” Selena nodded. “I’m going back inside then. I have some promos to write.”
“Be my guest.” Deanna gestured towards the house. “I’ll make sure this place is looking first-prize worthy!”

Biting her lower lip, Selena nodded her head before walking the short steps, opening the door and disappearing back into the house, leaving the redhead with her heart full of hurt and her mind full of self-aimed mental curses.

“Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!” she muttered at herself, even striking her temple with her palm. How the hell could she say that? Bring up that pain of Dawn and Regan to her wife?! They were supposed to be ‘The House of Frost’. A well-oiled machine! A growing tag-team with asipirations to be a great tag-team in SCW! Bringing integrity back to divisions and whatever… and now they couldn’t even look at each other without getting into a fight.

“I’ll fix this.” Deanna whispered under her breath as she needlessly ‘adjusted’ some of the Halloween-décor around her. “I’ll win this competition. Then, I’ll go to Under Attack and win us the tag-titles. Then I’ll win the chamber and prove everyone wrong. And then Selena can apologize, admit she was wrong, then I’ll apologize, and we’ll be alright again!”

She had to believe that things would work out in that fashion. Or, at the very least, surviving the chamber would prove… something, though she wasn’t entirely sure what that was but it had to prove something to both Selena and Shaun Cruze.

Casting her eyes around, the redhead was relieved to see that there were no neighbours on the street looking at her or having heard the argument she and Selena had. Last thing she wanted was for that tiff to find its way back to Leslie…

Speaking of which… Deanna thought, once more gazing around the area. She’s usually outside soon as she sees me just to annoy me. She gazed the short distance down the street to where the large stone-gargoyles stood… the poor things… but still, no sign of Leslie. “Maybe she’s out.” Deanna said aloud, partially grateful for the respite. Her main competitor’s house was now covered with so much lights and decorations it looked like the house was made of it. Clearly, Leslie was going for ‘quantity’ over ‘quality’ and Deanna wasn’t going to fall into that trap. Yes, she wanted to win, but she also wanted her children to love the displays. She wanted the neighbourhood to enjoy it.

She wanted…

Her eyes flashed towards the door Selena had entered and closed moments ago, a sigh escaping her. She wanted to walk the trail holding her wife’s pale hand. She wanted to steal kisses in the dark of the night. She wanted to sit in one of the displays and enjoy the night with her beloved wife. She wanted to go trick-or-treating with their children, standing at the driveways on Selena’s arm as their daughters and son ran excitedly to each door. But she also wanted that apology. She wanted Selena to treat her like an adult all the time, not just when there wasn’t any danger. She wanted Selena to trust that she was strong enough and smart enough to survived and endure like the Snow Queen had against so many opponents. She wanted… she wanted…

Those damn tears threatened to fall from Deanna’s eyes, the young woman swiping at them. I just want her to believe in me when it’s not easy as hell to believe in me… she refused to voice that thought, locking it away as she adjusted the Frankenstein Creature’s thick coat on the mannequin’s large frame. 

She slowly lost track of the time as she kept herself busy adjusting the various scenes of Wolfman, Dracula and Frankenstein in similar fashion, trying her best not to think about the platinum-blonde that remained in the house. However, when she heard the sound of laughter coming down the street, she instinctively turned her head to see, a bit in the distance, her children carving their pumpkins on the Cunningham’s front yard. Smart… Deanna thought with a smile as she saw David, who had joined his sisters, pull out a huge glob of ‘PUMPKIN GUTS’ – as she heard him scream, grabbing a second handful before running around the yard with his hands full of the vegetables ‘inners’, even dangling it in front of Elsianna, Amiliah and Spencer. A ways back, standing on the porch, Walter and Hannah Cunningham gazed down the distance to spot Deanna on the front porch, waving widely so she could see them do so. With a smile, she waved back just as big before casting a glance over at her work. 

I can take a break… she decided before quickly marching the distance necessary to reach the Cunningham’s abode. It was about the same size as hers, the Cunningham’s being one of the few families that had moved into the neighbourhood rather early in development and, thus, getting their pick of spots and choosing the building they wanted. It wasn’t like their house was a castle-style like Leslie’s but it had a homely-

Deanna’s eyes grew wide as she saw the multitude of pumpkins strew on the lawn, many of them carved. 

“Whoa…” Deanna remarked as she reached Walter and Hannah, casting her gaze to watching her children. “That is a lot of pumpkins! Did some place have a sale or something?” she eyes Hannah and Walter, the latter laughing a little.

“Well, pumpkins are never THAT expensive considering.” He shrugged. “Plus, I’ve got a farmer-friend on the country side that gave me a good deal.”
“So there WAS a sale!” Deanna teased. “But why so many?”

“Oh, Walter has one of his ‘ideas’ again.” Hannah sighed. “Poor man is going to break his neck.”
“Ah ah, hunny! No spoilers before Halloween!” Walter playfully demanded. “I want Deanna to be surprised too.”

“Oh, is this for the contest or something?” Deanna asked.
“Something like that.” Walter shrugged. “But really? I just wanted to get the neighbourhood something to share in. Almost every neighbour has contributed by carving one or more of the pumpkins we brought.”

“That’s wonderful.” Deanna beamed. “Such a fun idea!”
“Well…” Walter shrugged. “I don’t know how many more we’re going to have with both Spencer and Kurt – Kurt’s going to be going to college soon. So… I wanted this year to be special for us.”

For a moment, Deanna cast her eyes back out to the yard. “I have to admit, I don’t envy you that.” She sighed. “I’ve still got at least seven years with Elsianna and more with Amiliah and-“ the breath left her body as the boy in discussion, David, was no longer in view. Looking up and down the yard, Deanna couldn’t spot the young boy… that is until she looked down the sidewalk… halfway towards her house – where Leslie’s gargoyles were…

And David hanging off the arm of one as he phenangled the pumpkin guts in his free hand onto the maw of the ‘beaked gargoyle’, the first one Leslie had bought.

“Oh no….” Deanna exhaled before beginning to march down the sidewalk. “DAVID!” she called out. “Get off that immediately! We told you-“

“AAAAAHHHHH!” the shriek came in front of Deanna before she was even a third of the way there. Before her eyes, she saw her son turn his head towards the source of the voice, immediately release the arm of the gargoyle he was hanging from, and drop down to the ground just before Leslie Sanderson reached him.

Angrily, the woman grabbed the boy by the ear, her head twisting in almost inhumanly directions before settling on the approach Deanna. Without a word, the black yoga-pants wearing woman dragged the poor boy by the ear towards Deanna, causing more than just alarm to race through her. She immediately broke into a sprint, closing the distance between them.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE-“ Leslie started but stopped as soon as Deanna acted, the redhead grabbing her wrist and squeezing as hard as she could, earning a yelp of pain from the whiny brunette.

“UNHAND HIM RIGHT NOW!” Deanna growled. 

Perhaps from meer shock, Leslie released the now teary-eyed boy, who immediately ran behind Deanna’s legs to hide there. Soon as he had, Deanna threw Leslie’s arm away, the older woman rubbing the sore limb in shock.

“Your son-“
“I don’t care!” Deanna interjected, stepping forward and glaring down Leslie. “I saw what he did which is why I was rushing towards him. But that does NOT give you the right to lay a hand on MY son, you understand me?!” she was practically growling at the woman, Leslie’s expression morphing between anger and fear multiple times.

“You son was intruding on MY property!” Leslie countered. “You know I could have shot him if I felt so inclined.”
“Oh for Odin’s sake, Leslie! He’s barely six!”
“And what if he damaged my GARG-oyles?!” Leslie asked before narrowing her eyes. “Did you put him up to this?”
“Did I what?”
“Oh, Deanna…Deanna… Deanna…” Leslie tsks with a shake of her head. “Using your own children to sabotage my decorations? You’re that insecure?”

Deanna felt her jaw clench at the accusation. “I don’t need to sabotage you to beat you, Leslie. I rather my work speak for itself. Sounds like you’re just trying to make excuses for yourself when you lose.”

“When I lose…” Leslie laughed before suddenly growing serious. “What are you going to do about his actions?” she gestured to the still-hiding David. At this time, Elsianna and Amiliah had reached the other Frosts. “Those gargoyles are expensive!”

“So you told me many times.” Deanna replied. “And as for my son. He and I will clean the mess-“

“Oh no you won’t!” Leslie shot back. “You’ll probably break it with your bear hands.” She held her wrist again, causing Deanna to look down at her small hands, only a little stubbier than Selena’s long, slender ones. “No. I will clean it.”

“Fine.” Deanna shrugged. “David? Do you have something to say?”
“I’m sorry…” David tried, staying behind Deanna. “I won’t do it again.”
“You better not! Cause next time I am calling the cops!” Leslie warned before eyeing Deanna. “Keep your children… and yourself… off my lawn. Got it?”

“Understood.” Deanna narrowed her eyes but said nothing else as Leslie turned and walked back down the street towards her house. She almost didn’t hear the sigh of relief come from David. 

“Wow…thanks Mom-“ he stopped as he gazed up at the cold, emerald-glare that bore down on him, forcing him to gulp loudly.

“Don’t thank me.” She stated coldly. “You’re grounded.”
“What? For what?” He asked.
“For disobeying your mothers. Did we not say not to climb on those gargoyles?”

“Y…yes…” David slowly nodded his head.
“And what did you just do?”
“Climbed on the gargoyles?”
“Yes, you did. So you disobeyed and you dirtied a neighbour’s property!”

“But mother…” Elsianna tried. “She’s so mean and you don’t like her either.”
“That doesn’t mean it’s okay to act like that, Elsianna!” Deanna shot back. “How would you feel if, for no reason, someone that didn’t like you smashed Sir Crackshell?”

That silenced the eldest Frost child instantly, the nine-year-old shrinking back a little at the thought, causing Deanna’s glare to refocus back on David. “You are grounded until I, not mother, says so! Understand?”

“Y…yes…” David nodded. “Can I…” he looked around the neighbourhood for a moment. “Can I still go trick-or-treating?”
“I don’t know yet.” Deanna answered honestly. “I don’t think you deserve it.”
“Please, mommy!” David tried.

Biting her lower lip, Deanna thought for a moment, remembering something her older sister had taught her when she was young. “I’ll make you a deal, David. You go home and write ‘I am very sorry for disobeying my mothers’ – single-spaced, double-sided on each line of a sheet of line paper in your room. Do that without cheating or taking shortcuts and behave the next few days and MAYBE – ONLY MAYBE – will I let you go trick-or-treating.”

“Both sides?” David’s eyes grew wide. “But that will take all day and…” his voice died down as he saw the unyielding glare of Deanna. “Yes, mom.” He nodded. “I’ll go right now.”

He was quietly followed him by the three Frost women, his head low as he made his way of the stairs, barely noticing the open door and the platinum-blonde that stood in the door frame, arms crossed over her chest.

“What happened?” Selena asked, eyes wide as Deanna reached the porch. “I heard shouting-“
“I took care of it.” Deanna stated sharply, allowing Elsianna and Amiliah to enter the house before she spoke again. “Contrary to your beliefs, Selena, I know how to act like an adult and mother.”

“I never said-“

“Just…” Deanna held her hand up. “Stop. I don’t want to fight with you for a third time today. I took care of and will continue to take care of it. David is grounded till I say so – not you, just so you know.”

Selena opened her mouth to speak but chose instead to close it for an extra second before shrugging her shoulders. “Anything else?” 

“Yeah.” Deanna sighed. “Watch the kids for a bit.” She ordered before beginning to walk off the porch and around the house to the large ‘home’ that served as the indoor-pool and gym. “I’ve got to blow off some steam…”

The Guard Tower

You know, I thought this could be about just the world tag-team championship… A match without the farm setting, without bleach or fire. Just a match about two teams fighting to see who is the best in tag-team wrestling. I wanted it to be about that! And with my wife as my tag-team partner, I dreamed about that. 

I mean, Bear and Penguin, what more could we have done? We shared with you that our son, David, was a fan. He’s grounded right now, so he won’t be watching you guys for awhile, but like Selena said, he wouldn’t watch now even if he wasn’t.

Still, we showed you respect. We wanted to respect you as a tag-team. Has that been happening for you guys at all since you won those titles? Or have you been treated like a joke and a slight against the World Tag-Team Championship? You don’t have to answer, I’ve paid enough attention to know what the consensus has often been where you two are concerned.

But Selena and I didn’t see that. We saw two guys – A penguin and a bird, fine! – but we saw two wrestlers that had beaten so many teams, endured being bleached and set on fire, and gods know what else to stay the tag-team champions. A team that, while unconventional, was creating something that SCW had never seen before. We respected that. And we tried to respect you two. 

And we wanted a tag-match with you two. Try and picture that for a second. Maybe you’ll scoff at that where I am concerned, but Selena? She’s the longest reigning world champion in history! She’s won more titles than Penguin has feathers! She’s headlined Rise to Greatness twice! Possibly, and in my opinion, undeniably, one of the greatest wrestlers in SCW… taking you two seriously as wrestlers! That’s respect!

But instead… you wanted to make this personal. You wanted to insult me, my wife… our children! And Lexy? You just couldn’t let this stay a decent two-on-two match, could you?

Let me address the first issue. Bear, you want to insult my children? You want to say they have ‘no future’ because they don’t watch your show, huh? Insult Selena and I all you want. In terms of accolades, you’re not really in a position to sound credible where Selena is concerned, but insult me? Fine. You want to say the same old schtick about being in Selena’s shadow? Go ahead. You want to make a jab about Selena controlling me and making all the calls? Be my guest!

We’ve heard worse and we’ve dealt with worse. We took on The Brand together, a group that ran a smear campaign against us, trying to make us out to be bullies while they were the ones manipulating and hurting people. So, if you want to twist the narrative like Lexy does every time she opens her mouth, than be my guest!

But you insult my children? My Elsianna? My David? My Amiliah? Yeah, that’s a line you shouldn’t have crossed, Bear, and you shouldn’t have dragged Penguin across it too. Because now? Selena and I don’t just want to beat you for the tag-titles. We don’t just want to put on a clinic between two actual teams and not some thrown together number like Kimberly Williams and Sarah Wolfe. We don’t just want to bring some more integrity to this division anymore. No… now?

We’re beating you now because we have something to prove, and this needs to end. 

This whole conspiracy act needs to end! On and on you’ve gone, week in and week out, letting Lexy talk about conspiracies and ‘who’s in on it’ and whatever. And you know what? At first, I thought it was just sour grapes because her golden boy Ace Marshall couldn’t beat Selena at Rise to Greatness over a year ago. But now? I think she needs there to be a ‘conspiracy’. I think you two need her, so you need there to be some kind of conspiracy against all of you.

But the truth is, there is no conspiracy against you. Just one woman that has run every resource she has had into the ground, just like Holly Adams has done with The Brand. Autumn Valentine? Gone. Katsumi? Gone. Nate Chapel and Ace Marshall? Gone. And her rational is that it’s this big conspiracy driving them out, but the fact is that no one believes in ‘Lexy Worldwide’ anymore or the ‘Lexy Nation’ anymore.

More accurately, most of us can see right through it. We see through it because it’s just the same scam The Brand was promoting, just with a different paintjob. The Brand served one true purpose: to keep Holly Adams relevant. Lexy Worldwide? Made to keep Lexy Chapel relevant.

You think I’m lying? Why the hell would she need to address you as “Lexy Chapel presents The Farmstead Animals”? Why does she have to carry YOUR SCW World tag-team titles to and from the ring? Why does SHE call the shots when you two are the ones risking your lives with fire and bleach? Why does she do most of the talking, while you, Penguin, just shuffle your feet and chime in once in awhile?

It’s because Lexy only cares about you because you’re all she’s got left. And rather than see that, Penguin, you act more like a flamingo. You bury your head in the sand and you ignore it. And Bear? I’ll bet you’ve already figured it out but this arrangement of yours keeps your TV show going and whatever else you need so you go along with it. Hell, you agree with it because it gets you what want. It keeps YOU relevant. 

You want to say my children have no future? You two are too afraid to even have a future in SCW without Lexy Chapel. Without someone making all the decisions because then with her, you don’t have to be held accountable, right? “Oh! Lexy told us to do it! We were following Lexy!” Excuses, excuses and more excuses, when if you truly believed in fighting for what you have, fighting for what you believe in, then it would be just you two and the House of Frost and all this nonsense of the chamber wouldn’t even be a factor!

Yes, I am going to talk about that, because again, Lexy was the one that did this. Not me. Not Selena. Not Shaun, not Owen, not One, not Ducky, not even Greene or Adam Allocco. Lexy chose me. She could have given it to either of you! Given one of you the chance to spring ahead! You’re more than good enough, Penguin! Even Bear, though I don’t like him at all at this point. But she could have given you the chance – really helped your career! Instead, she chose me simply because she wants me to get hurt. She wants me in the ring with people driven to become world champion or, in Adam Allocco’s case, just to win and get his mojo back since he can’t challenge Xander while The Executioner is champion. 

She wants me in the ring in case we beat you. Cause I learned that if I get ‘removed’ like my wife’s last  tag partner was… The House of Frost does not last in SCW.

So I don’t just have to worry about Bear wanting to destroy me, I have to worry about five other people – ONE of them, literally The One, almost succeeded last Pay-Per-View when we fought for the Underground title! Another? Almost killed Ravyn and my wife that same night!

You want to talk about a conspiracy, Farmstead Friends? Let’s talk about Lexy trying to end my career to keep another Frost from running SCW and setting the new standard – one of grit and passion - across other divisions? Let’s talk about Lexy doing all she can to ensure that I am the one that “has no future”. Let’s talk about that? I can’t fault the incredible talent in the chamber for wanting to put me away – that’s how this works! That’s how the chamber works! I saw what it did to my wife year after year. Fractured ribs, concussions, the blood and tears from all the pain? That isn’t a match for stuffed animals and costumes! It’s brutal and unforgiving! That’s how we find a worthy person to challenge a man like Xander for the SCW World title!

But if you expect me to pretend that I wanted this? That I wanted to jump the line and get put in the chamber with dangerous people like Adam and Owen and Ducky (or Luna) and One and Greene? If you think I wanted to endanger the dream I had of becoming SCW World tag-team champions with the woman that means the most to me in this whole world, you are beyond wrong! 

And I don’t care if the others in the chamber use this fact, I won’t hide it. I became a wrestler for this purpose. To one day become tag-team champion with my wife. That was my dream. That was what I wanted for ‘our moment’. My wife and I, working together to make the tag-division better for all teams, including yours, Farmstead. I wanted to be her partner, her equal in wrestling, even if I have so much farther to go to be on that level as her in the ring.

I didn’t want the chamber. I didn’t want this. But now that it’s here, I have to see it through, because I refuse to let you two or Lexy try and steal MY future from me. And if that means I have to walk into the chamber and survive five other incredible talents, including one of the guys on the biggest run right now, the man that beat my wife in Adam Allocco, if that is what I have to do keep my future alive, than – I don’t know how – but I will find a way! 

And, one way or another, while you three – Penguin, Bear, and Lexy – are licking your wounds and watching the chamber match begin… there will be one thing that will ring in your ear. One little thing that will sit with you as it is declared at the start.

‘Making her way to the ring… The NEW SCW World Tag-Team Champion… Deanna Frost!’

Checkmate, bitches!
[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
4x SCW World Tag-Team Champion
2x SCW United States Champion
3x SCW Adrenaline Champion
SCW Television Champion
Longest Reigning SCW World Champion (234 days)
Winner of Shot of Adrenaline Tournament (2016)
Winner of Best of the Best Tournament (2016)
Winner of Trios Tournament (2018)
Winner of U.S. Championship Tournament (2020)
Winner of World Championship Tournament (2023)
Winner of Tactical Warfare (2014, 2019)
Winner of Elimination Chamber (2015)
Winner of Roofed Cage Match (2019)
Winner of Last Person Standing Match (2019)
The Unbelievable Main Event (2021-2023)
Winner of Double Jeopardy Match (2022)
Winner of EOTY Invitational (2023)
Female Wrestler of the Year (2016, 2021, 2022)
Tag-Team of the Year (2020 - w/ Regan Street)
Match of the Year (2018, 2019, 2021, 2023)
Feud of the Year (2014, 2019)

[Image: 34zetxl.png]
OOC: Deanna’s second. Counts for both matches.

The Witches of Alden

”Believability”

Black Arrow Neighbourhood 
Manhattan, New York
October 31st, 2022
8:47pm

It had been adorable to watch her children grow more and more tired – each one nodding off as the night dwindled on. 

They had started altogether – The Frost Family – the children running up and down the streets excitedly, well, David mostly. The boy had been the most excited. He had written out his page of ‘apology’, showing it to both Deanna and Selena to prove that he had, and been beyond well-behaved the last few days. In short, he had re-earned his ‘trick-or-treat’ privileges, as Deanna had put it. So, his excitement was understandable. 

Although, when Deanna had reviewed his ‘written punishment’, as it were, she did make an interesting discovery. The boy, perhaps during a ‘break’ in his writing, had drawn a small sketch in the upper left corner of the gargoyle he had been climbing – the very act that had gotten him grounded in the first place. And for a young boy of nearly six, it was a decent drawing snugly places in the corner of the lined paper. 

Deanna smiled to herself as she walked down the street. Perhaps it was the excitement and all the extra running he had done in joy of regaining Halloween that had worn him out, but the poor boy had started getting sleepy shortly after Amiliah. Every time one of the children got too tired, Selena would pick them up and carry them back home, with Gerda there to watch them, before rejoining the others. Amiliah had lasted only an hour, with David following shortly thereafter. Elsianna had wanted to stay longer, wanting to gather more candy for her brother and sister. She had chosen to wear the costume she had worn for the school play of “Frankenstein” she had performed a week or so ago, which Selena had helped her get past (perhaps another story for another time…), but she, eventually, had nodded off as well, which was why Deanna was walking the streets of the neighbourhood by herself, with Selena dropping off Elsianna at their house. 

Would Selena even come back at this point? Or with all their children done for the night, would she leave Deanna to make her own way home? Maybe she was already asleep – the Snow Queen sleeping on the couch in the living room since their fight in Washington DC. 

The notions brought a myriad of emotions to the redhead. On one hand, she didn’t need her wife to help her find her way home in their neighbourhood. She knew exactly where she was and she could take care of herself. On the other hand… Deanna’s eyes looked down at her empty left hand. On the other hand, she wanted to hold her wife’s hand and keep walking…

The children may have loved the trick-or-treating candy-grabbing the most of Halloween, but Deanna’s favourite part was the houses. It was the same for Christmas, seeing the multitude of decorations. And with the contest coming to a close tonight, she partially had wanted to see her ‘competition’ as well. 

No… that wasn’t entirely accurate. Her only competition, really, was Leslie. She wanted to beat Leslie. If someone else beat her, then that would be okay. It was very different from her feelings with SCW. At the thought, Deanna felt the familiar soreness in her back and legs. She had overdone her training this morning and the night before, not to mention the spare time she had, she had dedicated to studying the chamber combatants. As much as she wanted to study the Farmstead Friends of Dancing Bear and Hairless Penguin, she had done enough of that. Additionally, she felt that the chamber was where she needed to prove something. It was there that everyone believed she would not last. The tag-match? She had Selena, so she would be fine with her wife protecting her – she exhaled in frustration at that perception, though that turned into a tired yawn which belied her exhaustion as she walked down the street.

She had not wanted to be part of the chamber. Had had zero ambition to join it, but being thrown into it by Lexy? And hearing Shaun and Selena’s words back in DC? Things had changed. And she refused to simply be pitied by anyone, including the combatants of the chamber. So what if she wasn’t ‘ready’ or she ‘couldn’t handle it’? Who were they all to judge her? Who was Selena to decide for her? It was why Deanna had worked harder than ever to better her chances not just of surviving but winning it all – the tag-titles and the chamber. She knew of Cruze’s speed, but he had been on a ‘big match losing streak’ of sorts, losing to the likes of Selena and Adam recently. Adam was strategically-speaking the most dangerous but since his loss to Xander, the spring in his step was diminished, his momentum halted. Power moves and strikes could slow him down. The One was arrogant and fool-hardy, Deanna knew that from experience. Nicole was easily distracted, and Greene simply didn’t care how he fared in the ring. He was more focused in having fun. In short, Deanna had learned in her studies that each combatant, like her, had weaknesses and she needed to know them all if she hoped to have a sliver of a chance. 

Hearing some more noises nearby, Deanna looked up to see one of the families walking their children down the other side of the road on the sidewalk, the children – dressed as a mouse and a cat – looking very tired, dragging their feet as they walked. Despite herself, Deanna checked her watch. It was almost nine o’clock. It would almost be time for the announcement of the contest winner. She had already taken the majority of the neighbourhood through her house-display/entry hours ago at the “start” of the trick-or-treating and had enjoyed seeing not only the smiling and entertained faces of the neighbourhood-kids and adults, but also the scowling face of Leslie as she had walked through the property, grumbling all the way (though what she had said, Deanna hadn’t cared to listen to). Sadly, she hadn’t the time to visit the other displays till now, her children deserving their time for their revelries. 

Continuing to travel up the sidewalk, her destination came into view. The large house at the turn in the street/cul-de-sac, if Black Arrow neighbourhood could be called that. One of the largest houses in the neighbourhood, certainly larger than her own, it stood like a castle overlooking the entire neighbourhood. The oldest family/residents lived there, and it was always the ‘meeting ground’ for the neighbourhood for outdoor announcements, which wasn’t very often, but still, least it was consistent. Deann couldn’t even recall meeting the owners/residents. If anything, the large space was deserted, not in the best condition considering the rest of the houses/estates. It would have been perfect for a haunted house or meeting ground, but that idea never seemed to come up in meetings or discussions with the others. Evidently, the owners were fine with it being used for a meeting place outside it, but not within it. 

Deanna smiled to herself as the large ‘palace’ came closer into view. It was a cool little mystery to think about when she was walking or jogging past it, but she didn’t care to dwell on it. She had more important things to worry about-

“Deanna!” she heard her name called out, looking up and out to see the smiling face of the vampires – The Grays, Dorian and Sybil, waving to her. With a smile of her own, Deanna put on a short burst of speed, jogging towards her friends. They had dressed as simple vampires for tonight, and Deanna could guess that Sybil, being the former actress, had been the one responsible for hers and Dorian’s flawless makeup. The pair stood on the outside of the small crowd that was slowly growing of the neighbourhood adults. 

“Hey!” she smiled brightly as she reached them, admiring their capes for a moment. “Where’s Asuna?”

“Oh, she conked out hours ago.” Sybil remarked. “Becky’s watching her now.”
“Same with Elsa, Amiliah, and David.” Deanna nodded.
“That where Selena is now?” Dorian asked, though seemed to regret his question as the smile faltered on Deanna’s face.

“I’m…I’m not sure.” Deanna answered honestly. “She might have turned in after taking Elsianna home. I’m not too sure.”

While Dorian said nothing in response beyond a nod of his head, Sybil, the more dramatic one, was not so easily swayed by such an answer. “Something going on between you two?” she asked, moving closer so she could lower her voice. “Dorian and I were walking a few days ago and heard you arguing in your yard.”

Deanna’s head shot up, her eyes wide. “You heard that.” She asked, guilt and shame washing over her in abundance. “I am so sorry. We just…I mean I just…”

“Relax, sweetheart.” Sybil, only a few years older than Deanna, touched her shoulder. “Couples fight. I don’t think a relationship is a real one without some squabbles to work through.”

“It’s not…” Deanna tried to find the words. “It’s not the first fight we’d had, but it’s never made me this angry.”

A moment of silence fell between the two, Sybil checking to see if any of the other waiting neighbours were listening in on their conversation, her voice still soft and low. “Can I ask what happened?”

“Sybil…” Dorian warned, the young man, a few years younger than Selena, stepped in a bit closer to his wife. “We have no right to pry like this.”

“No, it’s okay.” Deanna sighed. “Maybe it’s better if I talk about it – and you two are the closest friends aside from Gerda and Kai that we have. Elsianna adores Asuna.”
“And she is fond of Elsianna.” Dorian smiled genuinely, Sybil waiting patiently for Deanna to speak.

“You…” the redhead tried, adjusting her simple costume of a female pirate, complete with black, tight pants, white puffy shirt, brown corset, and hat. “You guys know what I do? What Selena and I do.”

The Grays gave a nod. “We’re very excited about your tag-title match!” Sybil exclaimed. 
“And less than excited about that chamber announcement.” Dorian added, his lips forming a grim line.
“Right…” Deanna nodded. “I forgot you guys watch us.”
“Only when Asuna goes to bed.” Dorian explained. “I’m sure you’re the same with your children.”

“Mostly.” Deanna nodded. “Anyway, that chamber match… I sort of found Selena and my boss, of sorts, Shaun, talking about convincing me to quit it…”
“So?” Dorian shrugged.
“Without me there to discuss it with them.”

Immediately, both Dorian and Sybil seized a little, inhaling almost at the same time through clenched teeth.

“Ah…ouch.” Sybil remarked. 
“Yeah.” Dorian nodded his head. “I’m so sorry, Deanna.”

Deanna nodded, appreciative of her friends’ remarks.

“So…” Sybil tried. “Can I guess that your fight had to do with her making the decisions for you? Leaving you out and treating you like a child? Something to that effect?”

Again, the redheaded pirate nodded. “Something like that. It’s a myriad of emotions. Are you going to tell me I am in the wrong and should apologize?”
“Did you say something that warrants an apology?” Dorian asked.

“I…” the memory seized Deanna of the previous day – what she had said in that yard about Regan and Dawn. “I did.” She admitted, casting her eyes downward. “Selena pushed me and I went too far, I think.”
“Well, then I would apologize for that.” Dorian advised.

“But…” Deanna tried, her head snapping up to meet her friends’ gaze. “Why me? Why do I have to apologize first? Why is it always me that had to be the peacemaker?”
“I didn’t say you had to apologize first.” Dorian tried, holding up his hands to try and calm Deanna. “I mean that when the time comes for apology, make sure you apologize for your part.”

“Oh…okay.” Deanna breathed. “That does make sense.”

“Deanna…” Sybil reached out, taking Deanna’s hand in hers. “Mind if I share a story with you?”
“Considering we’re all waiting for the same thing here, I’d say go ahead.” Deanna shrugged.

“When Dorian and I were engaged – I was 18 and he was 21 – Dorian wanted me to give up the theatre life. He went to my agent and asked him to drop me and for the director of the current play I was doing downtown to recast me.”

Deanna’s eyes went wide in surprise, flying to Dorian’s guilty expression. “How could you do that? You know how much Sybil loves acting!”

“I…” Dorian sighed. “It was a very youthful mistake. A moment I regret.” He admitted.

“Dorian…” Sybil comforted, pulling his hand up to kiss it gently. “Let me explain to Deanna.” She turned her attention back to Dorian. “The problem was far more complicated than I imagined. At first, I thought Dorian was jealous of the idea of me being successful, or making more money than him. But it was far more complicated than that.”

Deanna turned to Dorian. “What was the reason?”

Despite his shame, Dorian sighed before explaining. “At the time, I thought Sybil becoming successful on Broadway or wherever would lead her to see more excitement than life with a doctor. Since we were kids, she had always loved adventure and, with my practice just starting, I couldn’t just give it to her. I had to stay here and build my reputation and business. Then there was all the horror stories I heard of Hollywood and Broadway – scandals, drug-use, assault cases…”

Deanna kept nodding. There was certainly a dark side to New York and all its burrows that few here really wanted to talk about. The residents of Black Arrow tried to keep such things out of their ‘world’, and it seemed Dorian was of a similar make, wanting a safe haven for him and Sybil, much in the same way Selena had found this place for them to live their lives together with their children and dog.

“It wasn’t that Dorian didn’t trust me or believe in me becoming successful. He was afraid what would happen if I did.” Sybil explained, turning her gaze to Dorian, the fondness in her eyes.

“So…” Deanna hopped a little from foot to foot. “You two fought?”
“Pffft…intensely.” Dorian explained. “Almost called off the engagement.”
“You did?”
“No, I did.” Sybil stated. “Because I was also young and very foolish.”
“In several ways, you still are.” Dorian teased, earning a shoulder shove from Sybil.

“Hush.” She admonished. “I went to live with my parents for a few weeks while I worked through my shows. Dorian would call every day and visit whenever he was able. We’d walk and talk through my parents’ neighbourhood, trying to explain our feelings best we could.”

“So, what happened?” Deanna asked, surprised at the eagerness she felt in hearing the end of this story.

“I realized that Dorian’s real reasons were rooted in his love for me. He was scared for me. He was protective of me. He was afraid for me.”
“And I realized…” Dorian added. “That Sybil’s desire to be successful wasn’t because she loved theatre more than me or because she was stubborn. She wanted to be successful so she could see herself as equal to me.”

Deanna’s eyes flew to Sybil. “That’s how I feel!” she felt the emotional click, like a hammer striking a nail on the head perfectly. “All I want is to be seen as Selena’s equal. Her partner, wife, all of that. But all people can see me as is ‘Selena Frost’s wife’ and I thought that was okay for awhile, but now? I feel even she sees me the same way.”

“I wish it was simpler.” Sybil offered, reaching out to take Deanna’s hand. “But you have to also see it from Selena’s point of view. She was wrong in how she went about it, but consider everything she knows – her experience in that chamber. Consider everything you two have gone through.” She doesn’t know the half of it… Deanna thought. “I was too wrapped up in the present to see Dorian’s view at the time…”

“And I was too wrapped up in the potential futures to see Sybil’s.” Dorian added. “You have to find a middle ground.”

“A middle ground?” Deanna asked. “But…” she gave a shrug. “I don’t know what that is.”
“That’s why you have to talk to her, silly.” Sybil smiled moreso. “Trust me. I’ll wager she’s just waiting to talk to you.”

Not after what I said… Deanna thought but was unable to speak when the loud voice echoed around the large group of residents.

“Alright!” called out the head of the neighbourhood committee, Allan Strong, the fifty-year old dressed in a knight-costume and looking around excitedly. “I am so glad to see so many people here tonight! Did we all have a fun trick-or-treating with our kids?”

A chorus of ‘Yes!’ was heard, Deanna merely clapping her hands in agreement, her mind only half-present as she contemplated Sybil’s and Dorian’s words. A middle ground between the present-thinking and future-thinking… what does that even mean? she wondered. Far as she was concerned, neither of them were thinking about the future, and according to the Farmstead Friends and Lexy, they HAD no future or whatever.

Selena was terrified of Deanna being in the chamber.
Deanna needed to be in the chamber to deal with everything that had happened to her to this point. It was all present stuff. No future whatsoever. 

The only person that had even said anything about futures had been Dancing Bear and Shaun Cruze, but that was all about her getting destroyed by the tag-champions or in the chamber-

“And what a turnout!” Allan remarked, regaining Deanna’s attention. “I have to admit, this was the hardest year to judge the houses!”

“Sure it was!” a nasal-annoying voice remarked followed by the irritating laugh that could only belong to Leslie Sanderson. I guess it was wishful thinking to hope she wouldn’t show up. Deanna sighed, steering clear of the general area the voice had come from, though she assumed the costume with the big, poofy, Cinderella dress – the one that was taking up the most amount of space and literally… LITERALLY… glowing with some sewn-in lights was Leslie. 

Least when Selena and I did it, it was for something very special like Rise to Greatness or something-

“You’d think she already won the contest.”

The voice caused the redhead to jump a little, spinning around to be gently caught in the familiar hands of her wife. For a second, in Selena’s arms, Deanna forgot that the two were in the middle of a fight, her body acting of its own accord and relaxing in the familiar embrace.

“Easy.” Selena weakly smiled. “Didn’t mean to startle you.”

“It’s…” Deanna breathed. “It’s fine.” She finished, stepping out of the Snow Queen’s arms. Like Deanna, Selena had dressed simply this year, neither really being in the spirit of costumes tonight after the fight they had. And like the redhead, the platinum-blonde had dressed as a pirate, matching her wife with black leggings, but choosing no corset or hat but a white cotton shirt with eyelets in the arms and collar. Her hair was in its braid and her boots rode almost to her knees. 

“Did I miss anything?” Selena asked, earning a shake of the head from Deanna.
“No. Allan’s just getting started.” She eyed Selena from the corner of her eye. “I began to think you were going to just stay home after taking Elsianna to bed.”

The question seemed to throw off the Snow Queen, who turned her head to gaze at Deanna. “Why on earth would you think that?”
“Because…” Deanna’s voice trailed off, trying to find the words, but instead spying Dorian and Sybil standing nearby, giving her a thumbs up. “Because we had a fight.”

“Deanna…” Selena sighed, reaching up to pinch the bridge of her nose between her eyes. “I’m not going to miss something that is important to you just because we’re at odds.”

“Well…” Deanna shrugged, though she could not ignore the warmth that spread her – the relief she felt. “That’s at least something good, I guess.” She offered quietly.

“AND! For the most ‘classic’ house décor? This was an easy one!” Allan announced. “The Frost family for the ‘Trio of Ghouls’ walkway!” 

Hearing their name, Deanna smiled before making her way through the applauding crowd, reaching Allan to be handed a small certificate that said as much about her home. It was a participation award – basically every house got one. Casting her eyes outward, she saw a number of certificates already handed out, probably with names like ‘Biggest decoration’ or ‘Brightest light display’. The committee always made up awards to every house to include everyone. Still, she liked the idea of being ‘classic’ a little.

Quietly, she made her way out of the crowd, stealing a glance at Leslie to read her certificate as she passed.

”Most Expensive?!” she almost snorted loudly at that award. That’s what they settled on? It was like a bad joke! Reaching Selena, she showed her wife the certificate before settling back to listen to the other awards. It did not take long before they all handed out, some really funny and interesting like ‘Scariest’ and ‘Most Lit!’ and others rather silly like ‘Most number of ghouls attending’ for the Zombie displays or ‘Best Use of a Window’. Deanna hadn’t seen that one.

Regardless, Allan waited for a moment as the last certificate was handed out. “Well, that leaves just one. And with every display offering something special, it was hard to choose this year’s winner. But… after much thought deliberation with the judges, I am proud to say that we have a winner for this year’s ‘Best Halloween Display’.”

Despite herself, Deanna’s hand flew out to grab Selena’s, grasping it. She barely registered Selena’s head jerking to look at her in surprise or how the pale hand squeezed her affectionately. She just kept watching Allen as he took a deep breath before speaking.

“Ladies and Gentlemen – Boys and Ghouls of Black Arrow… our 2022 Best Halloween Display winner is…” he gave one last pause before shouting it out. “THE CUNNINGHAMS for their display ‘The Jack O’Lantern Family Reunion!”

Immediately, there were two sounds. First, the loud applause that came from the majority of the group, some even cheering. The other sound was a loud “WHAT?!” from a familiar voice before Deanna spied poofy and illuminated Cinderella (Leslie) stomping away from the group, perhaps back to her house. 

Undeterred by such a poor-sportsmanship display, Walter and Hannah stepped forward to claim their trophy – an actual trophy and not a certificate. Despite herself, Deanna felt the breath leave her body, her hand releasing Selena’s as she sighed in… was it relief? It was sadness, sure, but there was relief there. She could feel it, and it aided her in clapping her hands in congratulations to the Cunninghams. 

“Wow…” Walter remarked as he stared out to the crowd, Hannah holding the trophy. “I want to say thank you to all of you and I mean that. This would not have been possible without all of you and the children here visiting us to make the pumpkins. I very much…” he smiled. “I very much feel that this is a win for everyone here that contributed a pumpkin design.” His eyes spotted the flashy costume stomping away. “Which, I guess, excludes Leslie, I suppose.” He added, earning a laugh from the crowd, including a giggle from Deanna.

The crowd slowly dispersed shortly after that, everyone, including the Frosts giving Walter and Hannah congratulations. With the night winding down for the adults as well, Selena turned to head down the street, the quickest way to the Frost home, only for something to grab her hand and hold her still. Turning, the Snow Queen saw her emerald-eyed wife gazing at her.

“Can…” Deanna breathed, quickly stealing a glance towards the exiting Dorian and Sybil as they were already making their way back to their home. “Can we take the long walk back? I really…”

“Yeah.” Selena nodded. “Me too.”

Nodding her head, Deanna released Selena’s hand and began walking in the opposite direction, taking the longer roundabout way to their home. She kept her arms wrapped around her as they walked, silent for a good few minutes, but both admiring the various house decorations and displays that had been discussed earlier. Some were beyond amazing and others were, well Deanna liked them for being simple and cute! They must have reached the farthest side of the drive when Deanna spoke.

“You hurt me.” She stated. “I mean… you REALLY hurt me.”
“I know.” Selena sighed, the older woman crossing her arms over her chest. And I’m sorry.”

“I know you had the best of intentions, Selena, but it’s just…” Deanna sighed, casting her gaze up. Already, her eyes were moist with forming tears. “All I’ve heard since I started being a wrestler was that I was either living in your shadow, feeding off your fame, or would never be as good as you. And I was fine with that. I could prove them wrong. I could keep trying and keep fighting like you did when you started.”

Selena remained silent, waiting her wife to finish her thoughts.

“But…to hear you talk like that to Shaun. To make decisions about me behind my back – No, it isn’t even that!” Deanna laughed. “To hear that you don’t believe in me. That was what hurt more than anything.”

Biting her lower lip, Deanna turned around to face Selena, causing them both to stop for a moment. “Can you imagine how that feels? Eight years knowing you and I’ve never stopped believing in you. Not even for a second. Even when you lost or were hurt or scarred or bleeding, I knew you would make it out. I knew you could do anything. I still believe that. The only reason this tag-title match doesn’t terrify me is because I have you. And I believe in you. But you…” Deanna shook her head, reaching up to rub at her eyes. “It just hurts so much because I never imagined it be you that lost faith in me…”

“Deanna…” Selena sighed. “I love you…more than anything. But you’ve never been more wrong in your life.”

Deanna stopped, sniffling a little, turning her gaze towards Selena. “What? I don’t understand.”

“You honestly think I wanted you out of the match because I thought you couldn’t win? When did I say that?” Selena shrugged. “Did you ever hear me say that ‘you can’t win’?”

“I…” Deanna tried. “I heard you say I wasn’t ready for it.”

“And I meant it.” Selena nodded. “And I’m not ready for it.” 

Sniffling again, Deanna shrugged her shoulders. “Still so confused.”

Nodding her head, Selena walked ahead of her wife a few steps before turning around to face her. “I never said I didn’t believe you could win the chamber. I went to Shaun because I knew you could. And I know how you will likely almost kill yourself to do it. Whether it was to prove something or this talk of my ‘shadow’ or whatever.”

“Then why did you say I wasn’t ready for the chamber then, if you thought I could win it?” Deanna asked, still more confused than anything else.

“Because winning the chamber? Surviving it? That makes you a target. That puts a bullseye on your back that never goes away. That puts you on a standard that makes everyone want to beat you.”

“So?” Deanna shrugged. “It’s no different than winning a title and someone wanting it.”

“In this case, it’s far worse than that.” Selena bitterly laughed a little. “I mean… Deanna, have you given any though to what happens if you win?”

“Yes!” Deanna laughed back, crossing her arms over her chest. “I win the chamber and I prove you and Shaun and so many people wrong. People that said I ‘wasn’t ready’ or that I ‘couldn’t do it’-“

“Deanna!” Selena pressed, marching over towards her wife. Reaching out to grasp the redhead’s hands. “Stop and think like a manager for one second. There’s a part you’re missing here. You’re just thinking about the present. What about after? What if after you win? After you prove everyone wrong or whatever? What happens then?”

“I…” Deanna, truthfully, hadn’t thought that far. She had been so mad at Selena and, to a lesser extent, Shaun for being ‘forced’ to let her be in this match because they didn’t believe in her. She had never considered what would happen if she won the chamber other than sticking it to so many people that kept saying she wasn’t ready or good enough. 

But…that wasn’t all that would happen for the winner of the chamber, was it?

“I… would become the number one contender to the world title…” Deanna recalled, the last time she had thought that was mindlessly in an argument with Selena, never really considering it. 

“And who is the World Champion, Deanna.” Selena spoke slowly, a familiar look of fear in her eyes.

Deanna’s eyes widened. “X…Xander.”

Slowly, Selena released Deanna. “And there it is.” It was the Snow Queen’s turn to sniffle a little, for Deanna to see tears welling up in her wife’s eyes. “I’m scared of you being in the chamber… but I’m terrified that you could win it and face Xander.”

Deanna opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. How could she have missed that? How could the very prize slip her mind? Like the trophy she had failed to capture tonight, Deanna hadn’t cared about that – just beating Leslie. Similarly, she hadn’t cared about becoming number one contender, she just wanted to win the chamber match and prove everyone wrong, including Selena. She never had considered the future like Selena did.

“Xander…” Selena whispered. “You know what he did to me. Even if I look past all the mind games. In all SCW, no one has come close to putting me on the shelf, except him. Fighting him – as many times as I have – is terrifying. Look what he did to Adam!”

Despite herself, Deanna gulped. The man on a tear, the odds-on favorite to win the chamber, the man that had ended ‘The Reign of Integrity’, had been utterly manhandled and destroyed by Xander two weeks into the new SCW season, Allocco’s ‘promised reign’ ended before it could really begin.

Selena continued. “Deanna… he took Regan from me.” 

Deanna’s eyes widened. Regan, Selena’s sister and a good friend to Deanna… even if Xander swore it was an accident, there was no denying he was at fault for ending the Hellcat’s career. And he had swore up and down that he would do whatever he had to to keep the SCW world title with him. That was enough to make him more dangerous than ever before – as a wrestler, Deanna knew that, but as a manager? She understood it far better. Compared to facing Xander Valentine, being locked in the chamber, even against five such dangerous people as she would be facing, seemed like a breeze in terms of the very real danger.

That was what Selena was afraid of. That was what had motivated her to act. Not just the chamber itself, was a big enough danger, but because she believed enough that Deanna could win… and would then have to face Xander.

“So…” Deanna breathed. “You think I can win the chamber, but I can’t beat Xander?”

Selena looked up at her. “I don’t even want to think about you facing him. Win or lose, you’d lose something. That’s what it costs to beat him. Believe me, I know.”

It was then, in the dim glow of the streetlights and jack-o’lanterns, that Deanna could see the weariness in her wife. The sleepless nights, the years of aches and pains, of pushing her body past the breaking point and still keep going. Of being torn apart emotionally and almost physically. She was trying to keep that from happening to Deanna. Not because she didn’t believe in the redhead, but because she loved her.

The two stood there, both unable to find the words to say but everything laid bare between them.

Find a middle ground…

Sybil’s voice echoed in Deanna’s ears, the younger Frost looking at Selena as the former world champion had her eyes cast out on the large pond that the Black Arrow neighbourhood was built around, the moonlight reflecting off the still water. 

“Selena…” Deanna called out, walking over to stand beside her. “I… I don’t know what will happen if I ever face Xander. I don’t…” she could admit it. “I don’t want to think about facing him either. After everything he’s done to us… to Regan… it scares me too.” 

Selena said nothing, nor did she move. 

“But… I need us to get through this. Lexy put me in this chamber and I can’t just back down. Even if you believe in me. Shaun doesn’t. Most of SCW doesn’t. I know everyone in the chamber won’t take me seriously as an entrant. And I’m… I’m tired of that. I WANT to reach that level you talked about. Where I’m a target. Where there’s a bullseye on me just because I’m that good. You wear it, don’t you? I want it too. Because I’m tired of people not thinking I’m ‘good enough’.”

“But…” the redhead sighed. “I won’t ignore your fears because I share them. I don’t know what I am going to do if I win. I don’t want to face Xander – I…” she had to be honest with herself. “I’m not ready to face him. Not like you are.” She paused, hearing the surprised exhale from Selena at that confession. “But, I am ready for this chamber. And I need to see that through. So… please, let me do that. And we can deal with the aftermath if I win.”

There was a moment of silence between the two, the only sounds being a few neighbours returning home from the night’s events. Quietly, Selena turned back to Deanna, sapphire eyes pleading.

“Promise me you’ll be careful.”
“Against the Farmstead Friends?” Deanna teased, or tried to. “Hell no, I’m kicking Bear’s butt for what he said about our kids and getting us those tag-titles.”

“Deanna…” Selena tried, but stopped when Deanna was suddenly right in front of her, the shorter redhead stepping on her tiptoes to press her lips to Selena’s. The Snow Queen was silent for a moment, but protectively wrapped an arm around her wife’s waist to hold her in place.

Gently, Deanna chose when to disengage, leaning away to gaze at her wife’s face. “I promise I’ll be careful.” She whispered, her hands on Selena’s chest.

With a nod, Selena regarded her wife. “And…I’m sorry.” 
“You already said that.” Deanna remarked.
“But I want to say it again. I’m sorry for going behind your back.”
“And I’m sorry for what I said. All of it.” Deanna replied, taking Selena’s hand and continuing their walk through the trails that lead to their house. 

“I’m also sorry you didn’t win tonight.” Selena added as they walked. 
“Actually… I sort of did.” Deanna remarked. “Considering we helped with the pumpkins – or rather, our children did – Walter said it was our victory as well, and Leslie didn’t help at all not even with her son, William, so….”

“Sounds like a stretch.” Selena remarked, though a laugh and a smile escaped her.
“That’s my lovely wife.” Deanna smiled. “And yeah, it is, but I’ll take what I can get. I just wish I had seen Walter and Hannah’s display. He was still setting it up when we passed by his house with the kids, so I missed-“

Her voice halted when Selena stopped her, the Snow Queen having expertly lead her around the neighbourhood and to the desired house – how had she’d known Deanna wanted to see it?

“Nearly seven years of marriage.” Selena smiled. “And I can still figure some parts of you out.”

Deanna was agape. Before her was the Cunningham’s house, covered from rooftop to lawn in lit pumpkins! They were all over the house! They covered it! Illuminated images of cats, faces, characters…

“Wow…” Deanna smiled, mesmerized by the gorgeous display. “So beautiful.”

They spent the next thirty or so minutes admiring the various work of the neighbours, even finding the ones their children had made for the house, before finally returning home. 

“I’m…” Deanna whispered as the two changed out of their costumes and into their nightgowns. “I’m glad we could find a sort of middle-ground for this.”

Adjusting her magenta nightgown, Selena regarded her wife in their bedroom. “I’d say, instead of a middle-ground, we have a plan… well…”

“Half a plan.” They said at the same time, knowing one of the ‘Selenaisms’ she was known for. “Those are the best plans.” Deanna added.

“Yes.” Selena smiled a little, holding her pillow in her arms, her eyes cast down at it. “So… I’ll…” she gestured to the door. “I’ll see you in the morning…”

With a roll of her eyes from her place on the bed, Deanna threw Selena’s side of the blankets up. “Get in here.” She sighed, offering her wife the side of the bed. 

Relief and joy washed over Selena’s face before she was sliding under the covers, Deanna wasting little time to snuggle up to her beloved. “Getting too cold to sleep alone anyways.” Deanna teased.

“Not for-“
“If you say ‘the cold doesn’t bother you’.” Deanna warned. “I’m kicking you back out onto the couch.”

A laugh escaped the Snow Queen as she squeezed her wife tighter to her form. “Wouldn’t dream of it.” She whispered, feeling her redhead settling further into her arms as sleep began to claim them both. “I’ve seen how hard you can kick…” with her last bit of energy, Selena leaned into kiss her wife’s temple. “And everyone going against you this weekend… have no idea what’s coming…” 

[Image: tetXUW1.gif]

After the graphic is shown before the camera fades into the empty Wembley Stadium in London, England, one of the first ‘international’ travels of the SCW crew and roster! And the site for tonight’s pay-per-view, Under Attack! An event that will see nearly every single title defended. However, more present in the shot is not the wrestling ring and the blue and white arctic lights, but the massive chamber that hangs above the ring. And, perhaps to match the mood of such a match as the elimination chamber, the blue lights of ‘Frozen Central’ slowly fade to red, the white still illuminating the middle of the ring.

The camera slowly changes to a shot of the interior to the woman that sits in the middle of the ring – except the woman is not the usual speaker of this segment. No, it is not the Snow Queen that smiles at the camera and audience.

Hi guys. Surprise! remarks the Queen’s Guard, Deanna Frost, tilting her head as she smiles. Let me guess, you were expecting Selena to be here, right? This is her segment after all. Well, I sort of asked her to let me do the ‘Frozen Central’ segment this time. Because… she bites her lip a little. Because I need to get this off my chest.

Slowly, the redhead’s gaze goes upwards, towards the chamber that hangs above her. I’ve never been in a chamber match before. Seen a lot of them. Like A LOT of them. Tactical Warfare, regular cage, Elimination chamber, roofed cage - the list is a long one. But… being outside of it and looking in and being inside of it and looking up… she lowers her head and shakes it in almost disbelief. Very different.

So, am I scared?
she shrugs. Yeah, a little. Like I said, I’ve never been in a cage match of any kind before. And I could say ‘oh! It’s like Underground rules’ after being champion for that, but how the heck would I know that? she gives a sigh.

I’ve seen what these structures have done to my wife. The fractured ribs she had, the cuts on her head, the concussions, I’ve honestly lost track of how many injuries she’s had in chambers like this. But you don’t forget seeing your wife look so out of it, so pained and hurt. And when it’s your turn to take that on? You wonder if you can…

Cause I’m not like The One. I don’t see pain and go ‘YAY! PAIN! I’M THE WEAPON OF DESTRUCTION’. I don’t delight in hurting others. I want to beat others like her to prove I’m better. I want to beat superstars like her because I want to show what I can do. But if you expect me to laugh and go ‘Oooo! I will make you all hurt like never before!’ like some kind of sadist… or Luna… then I’m sorry… that isn’t me.

She shrugs her shoulders. 

And for those of you ready to pounce on me being ‘greedy’ or ‘wanting it all with titles and opportunities’ in being part of this chamber match, cause I can just imagine the gears working like that in your skulls, get a reality check. 

Why the hell would I endanger my dream of being tag-team champions with my wife just to win a chance to face Xander Valentine? Who the hell would face such a man – such a world champion – when they can’t promise to be at 100%? I’m sorry, but an idiot, that’s who! Nobody would willingly try to beat Xander Valentine when they’re already trying to be champion in another division. Why? Cause someone like Xander can’t be beaten with a half-ass attempt. It’s an endeavour. Ask my wife. 

My point is that I did not ask to be put in this match and I didn’t leap at the chance like everyone else did. I’m the only person on the roster that’s double-booked and I’m terrified of it because I’ve never had that happen to me either. Cause I know me. I know I am going to give everything I have to becoming the SCW tag-team champions with Selena. I need to. I have to. It’s our first chance at those titles, and it could very well be our last! So, how could I give anything less to her and to The House of Frost?

She gives a sigh, moving over to the ropes to sit on the middle one, her arms wrapped around the top as her legs dangle. 

But… thing is… I KNOW all of that and I know that I still need to do this match and, strange enough, it isn’t just to ‘stick it’ to Lexy Chapel who put me here in the first place. Although, can you imagine that? I win the chamber and go on to become not only tag-team champion but also world champion? Oh, she would have a fit! She might even lose some hair! That would be funny to see! Talk about backfire. That’s like backfire times a thousand!

But that isn’t my concern. I don’t want to think about then or Xander or the world title. I just want to focus on becoming tag-team champion and winning the chamber. And like I said, I’d like to say it was just cause of Lexy and call it a day – short promo, easy-peasy - but the truth is… it actually started with you, Adam Allocco.

Deanna’s head turns towards the camera, the red and white lights illuminating her features. Yeah, looks like we meet again. And I’m probably sure this will surprise you that I am starting with you, because you’re easily the odds-on favourite to win this, so why wouldn’t I save the biggest name, face on the poster, whatever for last? 

Because it was you, Adam, that put me in this mental-state I am in regarding my SCW career…

Quietly, Deanna kicks her feet a little, swinging a bit on the ropes. Do you remember the last time you and I fought, Adam? I was defending my wife’s honor after you mouthed off in the buildup to Rise to Greatness? You remember what you said to me? she pauses for a moment, as if awaiting an answer. You told me that I wasn’t ready to face someone like you. That I wasn’t good enough to face someone like you. And if that was it, I guess I could understand that. You are an arrogant man that thinks he’s this gift to wrestling, so yeah, I could deal with a few barbs about being ‘unworthy’ or ‘undeserving’ or ‘not ready’. But then? In the ring? What did you do? You remember?

Let me refresh your memory. Five moves of doom.
Emerald-eyes narrow. Remember? That was all you felt you needed in dealing with me. Five moves. That’s it. You didn’t need your whole moveset like you did with Selena. You didn’t need any surprises. You didn’t need anything but those five moves against someone like me. 

I wasn’t worth more to you. I wasn’t worth your best effort…

Imagine how that made me feel. That I, the Television Champion at the time, wasn’t worth the best of Adam Allocco…

She inhales and exhales slowly. That night – that match – was blazoned into my mind, Adam. Because not being ‘good enough’ or ‘not being ready’ – I hated that. I hated that someone like you, who came out of nowhere after being fired here, won ONE battle royale, and was dictating to me my worth. I hated that I lost to someone with such a disrespectful strategy! I hated that I couldn’t do anything but just eat crow after that defeat and try and get better.

She casts her gaze out to the empty seats. I can imagine you can relate considering how Xander Valentine manhandled you two weeks into your reign, beat you with ease, and you’ve been living in the shadow of his wrath ever since. Still, your personal issues with Xander are not my concern. My issues with you are. Because now? I almost want to hear you say that again to me. I want to hear you say I am not ready or this isn’t my time or however you want to spin it! 

Just so I can feel that anger and drive to finally shove those words down your throat! Because since then, I’ve heard it over and over again! From Kim Williams who thought I wasn’t ready to fight Underground rules unless I sold my soul and morality, to The One mouthing off that I wasn’t ‘cruel enough’ or whatever to be the Underground champion, to even Shaun Cruze saying I wasn’t his choice at all for this match... 

It’s like your words, Adam, started something and now? I finally get why Selena is tired of hearing the same insults over and over again. But, in my case, I haven’t disproven those barbs yet.

That’s why I need to be here in this chamber. That’s why I need to beat you. I don’t care if its first or last, but I need to beat you.

She sighs as she pushes herself off the ropes and re-enters the ring wholly. I mean, I’ve won two titles in ten months! I’m on the cusp of winning my third with my wife! I’ve beaten several superstars of high calibre like Konrad Raab and Kim Williams! And yet, all I hear is ‘she’s not ready’.

Deanna looks away for a moment, as if something is simmering in her soul, before her head jerks up

Well newsflash to you, Adam, and The One and anyone else that wants to say I’m not ready for something like this – Cruze, you want to be an arrogant person considering the record YOU’VE had lately? Go ahead! Nicole, Ducky, whichever alter? You want to have someone laugh at me being here, be my guest. Greene? Jump on the bandwagon cause that’s what you do? Fine.

But here’s the newsflash. NONE of us are ready for this match! Not one of us! I don’t care how much experience you have. I don’t care how long you’ve been here! I don’t care how many people you’ve beaten, how many titles you’ve won, what your motivation is. Not one of us is ready to be in the Elimination Chamber.

Know why? Because it’s impossible to be ready! You don’t know who is coming out first or last. You don’t know what’s going to happen! You don’t know who might get involved! You don’t know who’s going to mess up and give an opening! You don’t know what that hit against the steel will do! None of us are ready because none of us truly know what is going to happen! That’s why this match is so dangerous. Because anything can happen!

She takes a few breaths. Maybe I am still not ready in your eyes, Adam, or in your eyes, One, or in your eyes, Owen, because of my inexperience with cage matches. But in my eyes? We’re all on equal ground, meaning if ever there was a time to prove myself to SCW and end the doubt, end the nay-sayers, including the man I respect in Shaun Cruze, it would be tonight! It would be now! To survive not only the Farmstead Friends, become the tag-team champion but beat all of you, including you, Adam Allocco?

Slowly, Deanna looks up at the chamber again. Tell me, Adam. Will that put an end to it? Will that make you respect me? Will being in that chamber make you treat me like a threat worthy of your best? Or will I need to beat you and surpass your abilities in the chamber to get that respect? 

Owen? One? Nicole? Greene? Will you see me as a threat? Or will you join with Allocco and dismiss me as he has in the past?

Clenching her hands into fists. I’ll be clear. I am not fighting for a world title shot tonight when I enter this chamber. I am not fighting for a fight with Xander Valentine or whoever the world champion is on December 1st. I am not even fighting for my wife or the True Believers when this chamber match starts. 

I am fighting for me. I am fighting for my worth here in SCW, because it’s not about the mottos, or the merchandise, it’s not about the money or the reward. To me, it’s not even about the world title shot at this point. It’s about the message I represent here in SCW! As someone that came from nothing like my wife did and fought through hell unlike any other to become an SCW superstar – because I AM AN SCW SUPERSTAR!

Her voice echoes throughout the arena, even up to the metal of the chamber.  And I don’t care if I’m ready or deserving or whatever verb or adverb or adjective you five want to slap on me, I will not yield! I will not surrender! I will dig deep and show my GRIT! And I will not stop until I have proven all that I say beyond a shadow of a doubt is true! That I belong here, that my time has come and I am not just some wife of a great wrestler – I AM DEANNA FROST!

Again, her words continue to echo as she lowers her head and glares at the camera. I am proud of who I am… I am proud of what I have become and tonight, tired, hurt, broken, I don’t care what condition I am in, I will prove that to every person, True Believer or otherwise, in the SCW Universe.

Deanna takes a slow breath. You fought like hell to get back here, Owen. You fought like hell to stay sober, Adam. You fought like hell to make a name for yourself, One. You fought like hell to come back and find your place, Nicole. You fought like hell to step out of your father’s shadow, Calvin. So understand that tonight, I will suffer every kind of hell to win my fight and earn my place here in Supreme Championship Wrestling.

A smile breaks across Deanna’s features. Checkmate, bitches. Because ready or not… here I come.

The camera fades on the Queen’s Guard before going entirely to black.
[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
4x SCW World Tag-Team Champion
2x SCW United States Champion
3x SCW Adrenaline Champion
SCW Television Champion
Longest Reigning SCW World Champion (234 days)
Winner of Shot of Adrenaline Tournament (2016)
Winner of Best of the Best Tournament (2016)
Winner of Trios Tournament (2018)
Winner of U.S. Championship Tournament (2020)
Winner of World Championship Tournament (2023)
Winner of Tactical Warfare (2014, 2019)
Winner of Elimination Chamber (2015)
Winner of Roofed Cage Match (2019)
Winner of Last Person Standing Match (2019)
The Unbelievable Main Event (2021-2023)
Winner of Double Jeopardy Match (2022)
Winner of EOTY Invitational (2023)
Female Wrestler of the Year (2016, 2021, 2022)
Tag-Team of the Year (2020 - w/ Regan Street)
Match of the Year (2018, 2019, 2021, 2023)
Feud of the Year (2014, 2019)

[Image: 34zetxl.png]