Wilow Aspen in action
2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET FRIDAY, JANUARY 27, 2023 (NOTE DEADLINE)
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
I’ve been having the same dream every night for the last… Christ… how long has it been now? Feels like it’s been years, but it could have been mere days for all I really know. It’s always the same, too… you know the dream where you’re falling, only to be jolted back to life just before you hit the bottom?

It’s that… except I don’t wake up. I hit the bottom. I look up at the nothingness from which I had fallen. And I begin to climb again… scratching and clawing at the walls around me, hoping desperately to emerge from the cavern I descended into. I never do… that’s when I wake up.

I asked a wiseman from the group home… he called himself a “wiseman”, but mostly he was just a drunk… I asked him what it might mean. He told me…

“Child…”

Fuck, I hated when he called me “Child”.

“Child… falling means you feel helpless about something…”

Helpless. That was how I was always treated by everyone. My mother sheltered me until the end. My grandparents would never look me in the eye. And my father?

Let’s just say the less said about him, the better.

Where was I going with this? Right… the dream. The wiseman had told me what falling meant, but even he couldn’t figure out what hitting the bottom meant, whether he was imbibing upon a piss-beer or a high-value Scotch. No answers. No proverbs. Not even any cynical theories. Useless fucking drunk…

So I had to seek out my own answers. Which brings me to SCW. Funny, isn’t it, how many people’s lifelong struggles of inadequacy or mental deviance lead them into a professional wrestling ring? I hadn’t considered myself a “professional” anything, but with the training I had to take merely to survive in the world after my mother passed, struggling through the group home, I was somehow actually prepared. It’s really remarkable how many transferable skills there are between athletic competition and simply needing to know how to incapacitate an attacker before he grabs you in the…

I don’t know why I almost wrote that. I know what I’m talking about… but another “decent practice” for maintaining my sanity, I guess, has been this.

So this wrestling journey… it all began with an open tryout…

I had been seen word of an open tryout for SCW and, like the dreamers that attended, decided that it would be worth my while. Two-hundred dollars later… bus, hotel, admission… and I was standing shoulder to shoulder with people who wouldn’t know a wristwatch from a wrist lock if they were trying to tell time whilst they writhed on the floor. And they writhed… oh, how they writhed. So many of them… body after body… dropped out as the physical tasks set out for us to complete proved too much for them.

I could tell that eyes were drawing towards me as the day progressed. First a few nameless faces, likely assistant trainers drawn from the independent scene to help newcomers acclimate to the company. Finally, the eyes of Dean Black and Dillusion spotted me. And why not? By that point most of my group had dropped out, and the rest of them were simply not keeping up.

“What about this one?”

I heard them talking about me as if they thought I couldn’t hear them. One thing that happens when you grow up in a position such as mine: You become keenly aware of when you’re being observed. I didn’t pay them mind, though… didn’t want to allow them to get into my head and throw my concentration off. I was trying to earn a spot, not impress some trainers.

I guess, however, that THAT premise may have been mutually inclusive. Still I carried on, and by the time the day had ended and those who attended had been whittled down from an estimated 200 to only about 35 of us, I was approached and asked to leave my contact information. It was only a few days later I received a call from “legal” to work out the details of an entry-level contract.

So here I am. Supreme Championship Wrestling. Ready to make my debut against an unnamed adversary. Regardless of who it might be, this anonymous individual - potentially Anne Onymous, for all I know - will be number one… the only individual in the world for however long it takes me to put him or her down. And I will… because I know I am destined for great things. I know I compete with purpose.

And when everything falls into place…

Well… them I'll show everyone just how in control I really am. And maybe that dream will stop.

Willow Aspen
Personal Diary Entry
January 24, 2023