Owen Cruze vs. Deanna Frost
2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET FRIDAY, JANUARY 27, 2023 (NOTE DEADLINE)
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
+++ Toronto - 31st December 2022 New Year’s Eve +++

Just two hours ago, Owen had retained his World Championship in what some would call ‘dubious’ circumstances, but what Owen would call the right thing being done. There was absolutely no question that the Hairless Penguin had given his all, and come so close, but at the end of the day his foot had been on the ropes, and so therefore the match should continue. Lexy running out with the World title had put a dampener on proceedings, but Owen was still World Champion which was of course the most important thing. Now he could put SCW to bed until Thursday, when he would attempt to win a Trios Contract, and keep it out of the hands of those that wouldn’t blink before using it on him. Thankfully, Jennifer had been there to see it all pan out, Owen not wanting to think about spending the festivities alone. So sat on the balcony of their hotel, looking out over Toronto that was preparing for the big count down, Owen was more at peace with things than he had been in his entire life. Yes, he would have to deal with the Jason King situation when he got back, a decision which he still hadn’t made. And yes, there was still the specter of Charlotte’s disappearance hanging over him like a bad smell. But ultimately, that was all placed at the rear recesses of his mind, matters he would deal with in the New Year. Now it was about him and Jennifer… and nothing else. She reaches forwards, and pours Owen another glass of Champagne, raising her glass in his direction as he picks up his own, taking a sip. There is then a momentary silence, as both take the opportunity to draw breath one what had been an ‘eventful’ year.

Jennifer: This is nice.

Owen: You sure you’re not too cold.

Jennifer: No… it’s just right.

It was cold, very cold in fact, this was Toronto after all. But the heat lamp on the balcony was radiating enough warmth for them not to notice.

Jennifer: I was so proud of you tonight. Not just with the win, but the way you conducted yourself. You’ve come a long way from that guy that lost his shit and trampled all over Olek.

Owen: I had to, and let’s face it, if I hadn’t you wouldn’t be here with me. I’ve got a lot to be thankful for, and when the time is right, there will be many people that I have to thank. This who ‘redemption’ thing, it could have all fallen flat on its face, but the more people that got behind me, the more likely it became. And I couldn’t have done that if you’d not been the first. I hurt you more than most, and you forgiving me gave me the inspiration, no, the belief I needed to be able to make all this right. Sat here, in Toronto, on New Year’s Eve with you. Sipping Champagne as still the SCW World Champion… it’s more than I ever deserved. I want to hold the championship for as long as possible. I want people to recognize that as World Champion, the belt is in the right hands. But by the same token, I know that when someone does beat me, whether that be January, June, or December, I’ll be much better equipped to deal with it and continue moving forwards. Is it wrong that I still feel I have so much to prove?

Jennifer: Not at all… it’s good that you don’t think now the belt is yours, that you’ve accomplished all that you want to. It would have been easy for you to stop when you lost at Rise to Greatness, and heard those fans chanting for you, and feeling that same disappointment that you did. But after you’d got everything, you thought you needed, you found your love for the business again and so you wanted more. The World Championship, that first defense…

Owen: The best in the World…

Jennifer raises her glass, and the two clink them together. It wasn’t arrogance any longer coming from his mouth, but a confidence that he truly believed that one day he could be known as precisely that. She believed in him, and so did so many others, and now, he had finally found that belief in himself.

Owen: Did I sound like an asshole then?

Jennifer: Not at all… you sounded like someone who has found himself, and who knows exactly the person he wants to be. You know something Owen, I think we can safely say that this was the year you stepped out of Orlando’s shadow, and the world found out who Owen Cruze truly was. Twenty-two years old, World Champion, and about to marry one of the most beautiful women in the world…

Owen: Even if you do say so yourself.

Owen chuckles, Jennifer giving him a stern look before also laughing.

Jennifer: Seriously, you’ve built a life for yourself that Orlando would have been proud of. You’ve done that Owen, no one else.

Owen is about to say he couldn’t have done it without so many people, but he felt compelled to enjoy the moment, someone telling him that he’d done well, something he didn’t hear too often. Since he’d arrived in SCW, it had seemed like he was constantly dealing with the naysayers, and those that believed he’d had everything handed to him on a plate because of his surname. Even now, he was dealing with events that Shaun had put in place during his time as General Manager, something that had literally nothing to do with him. But during his time away, he had developed the ability to block out the white noise and focus on what was important. The need to build his own legacy, instead of mirroring others.

Jennifer: So, come on then… it’s nearly the New Year, do you have any resolutions?

Owen: Not really thought about it to be honest. What about you?

Jennifer: Right now, I want to arrange the best wedding and make Mom and Dad proud.

Owen: No plans to go back into competition?

Jennifer: Not right now no. More than happy being the SCW World Champion’s trophy fiancée.

Owen: You’re so much more than that.

Jennifer: Anyway, stop avoiding the question, what are you going to do in 2023?

Owen: Well, getting married is obviously the priority…

He says it with a grin, Jennifer recognizing that it was only one of his priorities.

Owen: Other than that, I want to build the school, the shelter. Open a few more places around the country.

Jennifer: What about in SCW?

Owen: I don’t know… like I’ve said, I’d love to be the Champion for a long time, but I’ve got challengers backing up around the corner so who knows how long I’ll last. Other than that, maybe a shot at becoming Supreme Champion, neither Dad nor Shaun achieved that.

He takes another sip of his champagne, taking a moment to check his watch which now read ‘2357’

Owen: I guess the main thing is stay free of injury. I don’t want what happened to AJ, happen to me, but the way I wrestle, the fear is always there, I just try to put it to the back of my mind. But that’s the reality, isn’t it? It could all be over in a heartbeat; I could be sat here at the end of 2023 having had to retire due to injury.

Jennifer shrugs, being a competitor, she was able to understand.

Owen: It was one of Dad’s mantra’s, always treat anything as if it’s the last time. That way, you can walk away without any regrets. I guess that’s one of the biggest takeaways from this year. If it happened tomorrow, I wouldn’t regret a single thing, simply because I was given the opportunity to make things right. And after all I’d still have the school, the shelter…

Jennifer: And me!!!

Owen: I was just about to say that.

Owen reaches out and takes her hand, Jennifer squeezing it tight.

Owen: You’re happy right?

Before Jennifer can answer, a noise is heard from the waterfront of Toronto, as the crowd begin to countdown to the New Year.

‘Ten’

‘Nine’

‘Eight’

Jennifer leans forwards, so that Owen can hear her clearly over the commotion.

Jennifer: Owen, I have never been happier. I love you, and I can’t wait to be your wife.

‘Seven’

Owen nods, fully understanding what she was saying. Even at twenty-two, he knew what he wanted, and it was to spend the rest of his life with her.

‘Six’

‘Five’

‘Four’

Jennifer raises her glass, and once again they clink them together, both standing to take in the view over the waterfront which was about to erupt in front of them

‘Three’

‘Two’

‘One’

‘HAAAAAAAPPY NEW YEAR!!!’

Owen puts his arm around Jennifer as the crowds below go mental, the two of them kissing to bring in 2023.

Owen: Happy New Year Jen.

Jennifer: Happy New Year Owen.

Owen: This is going to be our year.

Jennifer: Count on it.

Owen smiles and cannot hide the tears forming in his eyes and so he turns, taking in the spectacular fireworks display which lights up the night sky. He was the luckiest person in the world right now. And he knew it. And there wasn’t a chance in hell he would ever mess that up.

+++ Miami – 2nd January 2023 +++

After one of the more pleasant Christmases and New Year, Owen found himself back in Miami for a quick stop, before he would make his way to Breakdown to compete in the Trios tournament. If he was truthful to himself, he was surprised that he had made it this far, considering it was Ravyn in his corner, but he was optimistic that they could win the whole thing, putting a contract in his back pocket. The ultimate safety net should his Championship reign come to an end. Truth was, he didn’t expect to find the card on the mat when he entered the house, asking him to call the Miami Police Department as soon as possible. Also, he didn’t expect the officers to say that they would be round within the hour, stressing the importance that they spoke to Owen before he left Miami. It wasn’t an hour, in fact it was less than twenty minutes, only having just enough time to finish his lunch. Having shown them in and offered them a drink which they had politely declined, Owen takes a seat at the breakfast table, the officers, who were the ones working on Charlotte’s case, doing the same.

Officer Cooper: Thank you for your time, Owen, I understand that this is just a flying visit, but it was important that we spoke with you.

Owen: Not a problem… is this about Charlotte?

Officer Starling: We do have some further news on that coincidently, but it isn’t the purpose of our visit.

Owen doesn’t try to hide his confusion. He had already steeled himself, ensuring that he didn’t give the game away, or reveal Charlotte’s last known whereabouts. Officer Starlings comments had taken him off guard, and very apprehensive.

Owen: OK… so what’s this all about then?

Officer Cooper: No need to look guilty Owen, we are just following up on a few reports in the area that have been made by several residents on your street.

Owen: Now, I’m really confused… I’ve not even been here over the holidays.

Officer Cooper: No, and that’s the point.

Owen: You’re going to have to explain because I don’t have the first clue what’s going on here.

Cooper nods to Starling, who hands Owen his mobile phone, a picture already loaded up on screen.

Owen: What am I looking at?

Officer Cooper: There are more… if you could scroll through the images. Do you recognize the vehicle?

Owen does as he is told, scrolling through to the end and as he arrives there shaking his head.

Owen: No, afraid I don’t. Should I?

Starling takes back his phone and places it in his pocket.

Officer Starling: We’ve had several reports of this vehicle parking outside your house and watching the premises sometimes for hours on end. Whenever anyone walks down the street, or attempts to approach the vehicle, it drives away.

Owen: Couldn’t you run the plates or something?

Officer Starling: We could, but unfortunately, we haven’t managed to get a decent enough image of the registration, but we’d like to speak to the driver as soon as possible and ask him what he is up to.

Owen: And you think it’s something to do with me?

Officer Cooper: It could be totally innocent Owen; we are only following up on your neighbors’ reports. And of course, we haven’t ruled out the fact that it could be Ms. Byers trying to get in touch with you… again, the imagery hasn’t ruled out the driver being male or female. So…

Owen: She could be alive?

The moment he says the words, Owen feels a rush of guilt surge through him, and he concentrates only on ensuring the Officers don’t pick up on it. He wished he’d just said nothing, but now the words are out there, there seems no suspicion on there part. In fact, Cooper nods his head in agreement.

Officer Cooper: I’ve been on the force now for fifteen years Owen, and never in my time in service has there ever been a case where literally nothing has come up by now. A body, a piece of clothing, or a sighting certainly. But never nothing… unless it’s been orchestrated.

Owen: What do you mean?

Now he was really playing the part, Owen knowing exactly where they were going with this. They were piecing it all together, and very soon the questioning would start targeting towards him, him being the best friend who surely must know something.

Officer Starling: Ms. Byers was facing jail time for manslaughter. That could have been five years, it could have been twenty. We now firmly believe that she ran away to escape that jail time. We also believe that to do so, she must have needed help.

It wasn’t said particularly accusingly, but that was certainly how Owen felt right now. He couldn’t react though, nor make the situation worse.

Officer Cooper: We have requested CCTV footage from the nearby bus depots, as well as the airport and train stations. If she left via any of those means, we’ll know about it. It’s only a matter of time until we catch up to her.

Owen: I can’t believe it…

Officer Starling: Believe it or not Owen, this isn’t as rare a situation as you might believe.

If Starling did believe Owen was involved, he certainly wasn’t outwardly showing it.

Officer Cooper: Can I ask Owen…

Owen turns to Cooper, nodding as to expect a question,

Officer Cooper: Did you have any inclination whatsoever that she was planning to do this?

Owen: None… as far as I knew, she had just accepted her fate. She knew she’d done wrong and was willing to accept the consequences.

Officer Cooper: She didn’t ask you for money… or help in anyway?

Again, it seemed like just a question, and not an accusation. And Owen felt far more at ease answering than he had earlier.

Owen: No… the only time money was mentioned was prior to the fire when I offered her a loan to keep the bar afloat.

Officer Starling: And, and please forgive me for asking but we must follow all lines of enquiry. Since Ms. Byers disappearance, you haven’t spoken to her at all?

The way the Officer asked the question, meant that Owen could answer without lying, which somehow made him feel better about it.

Owen: No… and if she did, I’d tell her that she was only making the situation worse.

Officer Cooper: OK, again sorry… but after current events, we must ask.

Owen: Of course… it’s fine.

Officer Starling: One last thing…

Owen: Yeah?

Owen’s heart drops almost to his stomach, apprehension taking over.

Officer Starling: Did Ms. Byers have a boyfriend, or anyone else who could have given her money? Someone who could perhaps provide her with a fake passport.

Owen: Honestly, I don’t know. I know that she had a succession of relationships that had gone wrong and spoke of always being attracted to ‘bad boys’ so I guess it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that she knew someone who could do that.

Officer Cooper: But no names?

Owen shakes his head

Owen: I’m sorry… it’s not anything that ever came up.

Officer Cooper: OK no problem. You’ve got our number if you think of anything. You’ve got a security alarm here, haven’t you?

He looks around the room, clocking the sensors.

Owen: Yeah, and CCTV.

Officer Cooper: Good, when you leave Miami, make sure the alarms set, just in case our friend in the car tries anything. We’ll be running patrol cars intermittently in the hope that they are parked up when we pass by, but if you could check CCTV as well, we would appreciate it.

Owen: I got it on my mobile, so I’ll make sure I do.

Officer Cooper: May not be connected, but better to be safe. And of course, if we have any further information…

Owen: You’ll let me know?

Officer Starling: Exactly. Thank you for your time and I hope we haven’t alarmed you.

Owen: Nah… I’m tougher than I look.

Officer Cooper: Well, thank you… we’ll see ourselves out and have a good trip.

Owen: Thank you.

Owen stands as the police officers leave, watching them on the cameras until they get in the squad car and drive away. It did seem to him that the net was closing in, but he had no way of contacting Charlotte to warn her, nor did he think he would if he could, him being implicated enough already. The more he thought about it, the more he could see this going south. And who was this person who seemed to be stalking him from afar. And was it as the police believed connected. So many questions, but very little in the way of answers… he needed a distraction. And he knew the perfect person. He pulls his mobile phone out of his pocket and dials a number, placing the phone on the table after switching on the speaker option. He waits, at the phone rings for a while, smiling as the person on the other end finally answers.

Jennifer: Hey babe, what a pleasant surprise.

Owen hoped she still felt the same when the call ended.
[Image: 270041540-258425806375597-7033161467703002046-n.png]
The Witches of Alden

”Moments”

Trader Joe’s
New York City, New York
January 23rd, 2023
11:54am

Deanna usually liked these quiet moments in her life. Times where she could simply escape from the noise of being an SCW superstar, the ‘recognition’ of being a celebrity (though not in the same league as her wife, Selena), and even the demands of being a mother (though she loved her children dearly).

Locations like the Trader Joe’s she currently walked through, after seven years, knew her on a first name basis. She wasn’t “the wife of Selena Frost” or “The Queen’s Guard”. She was just-

“Hey, Deanna!” She looked up quickly, smiled and waved at the young girl – Penny by name - that worked the produce aisle, refilling the apple stand with red-delicious. That was exactly the point. She was ‘Deanna’ here. She didn’t need to go off to the cold of Nome like her wife sometimes needed, nor was there anything in her hometown of Kentucky that ‘beckoned’ her back (though she still felt an ache for the absence of her sister, Amy, in her life).

She had these moments. Moments where she could disappear into her own life. Moments in her neighbourhood, the ‘Black Arrow neighbourhood’ and be a woman with a family and… and that was it. Moments like these were like a ‘recharge’ for the redhead and, while she would rather have shared them with Selena, the two often enjoying these days off-work together while the children attended school, the younger Frost wife, slightly begrudgingly, understood her wife’s absence today. The Snow Queen needed to stay home for a Zoom-interview on some podcast regarding SCW, the BHS pay-per-view, the World Series of Wrestling, her future with TIA productions, the Denzel Porter Invitational, and gods knew what else she had signed on for in regards to the supercards outside of SCW in the coming months. Selena was growing the brand of herself, The House of Frost, and SCW to greater, grander levels of worldwide renown and she could not begrudge her wife such things.

It was actually related to why this particular ‘moment’ felt off to Deanna.

To say that The House of Frost had been on a ‘roll’ as of late would have been a slight understatement. While both women had failed in winning the Trios Tournament, both being eliminated in the first round, they had, seemingly not lost a step as a tag-team or singles competitors. While Deanna had done well, scoring a win over Amelia Stone, albeit with more interference than she would have liked, Selena had silenced practically every critic that seemed to doubt her since Rise to Greatness due to her ‘decreased presence’ in the singles circuit, the Snow Queen opting to ‘give others a chance’ to maintain the integrity of the world championship rather than mindlessly horde it for her own glory and fame. Still, the former world champion had managed an impressive win not only over the current Adrenaline Champion, Bree Lancaster, but one of the viable contenders for the world and United States titles, Glory Braddock, AND, most importantly, the future contender for the world title, Adam Allocco, the Snow Queen even pinning Adam to do it!

As she reached for a plastic jug of chocolate milk for herself and Selena (the two wives avid drinkers of the sugary goodness), Deanna let a smile grace her lips. She envied her wife that particular win. Selena had been haunted far worse than Deanna had over a loss to Allocco, the supposed ‘King of Strong Style’ having used his single RTG victory over the Snow Queen and promenading it throughout SCW long after it had happened, even using it to ‘dampen’ Selena’s award win as The Female Wrestler of the Year – as if The One hadn’t done that already! The platinum-blonde had needed a win over Allocco to move on, restate her place as one of the best in SCW, and just put the man’s arrogance to rest.

And Deanna envied that…

She still had not managed such a win over Adam and she wasn’t sure she would be able to get one for some time. Some people still remembered that damn “5 moves of doom” match Adam had put her through before Rise to Greatness, a humiliation that still stung in Deanna’s mind whenever she thought about it. It wasn’t the shame of losing to a man with decades more experience than her. There was nothing wrong with that. It was the fact that he had chosen such a strategy… and gotten away with it! She was supposed to be The Queen’s Guard. She was supposed to be ‘good enough’ to stand by her wife as a viable contender for top-titles like the Adrenaline and the United States title – hell, she had been the Television Champion when it happened. Losing to Adam like that – as if he hadn’t needed to really ‘try’ - had hurt her in more ways than one, leaving the redhead unable to fully believe in herself like before – something that only compounded itself when she had lost the next week to a known ‘jobber’ in Clamydia or whatever name she had been going by. And though the second loss had all but been forgotten, chalked up to unfair interference, that first loss hadn’t and still played a part in Deanna’s mind.

Her wife had gotten that proverbial monkey off her back in beating and pinning Allocco last Breakdown… Deanna hadn’t.

Perhaps it was why she both dreaded her upcoming match at Breakdown but also needed it more than she cared to admit. Because she was going to face Owen Cruze – the SCW WORLD CHAMPION!

Without meaning to, the young woman released a shuddering breath as she gathered another item off the shelf. Cashews for Elsianna. Smarties for Amiliah. Pretzel-sticks for David. Dog treats for Oberon. Her hands shook a little every time she reached out to grasp an item or bag, her mind unable to wrap her head around it, yet stopped as she spied her arm reaching out. Emerald eyes took a moment to take in the appendage, as if Deanna could look right through it. She had just been given the green light to wrestle without the cast and take on Amelia, even with the now abandoned ‘cheer girl’ for Glory no longer with SCW. Yeah, she was better, but now management was recognizing this by throwing the world champion at her?!

It didn’t make sense beyond one single possibility that kept gnawing at Deanna. An explanation she tried so hard not to fully analyze, yet more and more it grew and festered in her head.

She was being set up.

It had worked when Allocco had feuded with Selena in the build to Rise to Greatness. To showcase Adam’s ability and intellect, they had thrown her, fresh off her Television title win (after three consecutive tries for a match with Jenni Anderson – months of attempts at a decent match) and she had been destroyed, Adam looking like a true challenger to Selena’s world title.

Was this just the past looking to repeat itself? Was she being sent to Owen not because management believed she could beat the amazing athlete, but because they believed she couldn’t?

Why not? She had beaten Owen’s challenger, Kim Williams, at the RTG preshow, taking the Underground title from her, and Kim had, not once, pinned her to regain it. It was like math – and as a former manager, she could see the implications! She beat Kim, Owen beats her, therefore, by the ever-popular transitive property, Owen was better than Kimberly. Bonus! Allocco, a future challenger, had JUST been pinned and beaten by a Frost! Owen winning showed he was better than that! Better than Allocco! Better than Kimberly! A true world champion! It was an easy sell!

Except Deanna was the one being sacrificed for it like she had been back in July.

Another shaky breath ran through the redhead, the young woman wishing that she had insisted on Selena being here with her. She wanted to talk about this with her wife. She wanted to listen, not to Selena’s praise of her talents or abilities or even her faith in her, but to her wife’s advice on how to survive this without making The House of Frost look worse after such a momentous win by the Snow Queen, especially with the tag-title match on the horizon.

Deanna almost shrieked out loud as she, distracted with her own thoughts, let the package of tortilla-shell wraps slip from her hand and flop to the ground, the redhead managing to stifle the sound to mere yelp. Quickly, scanning left and right around the large, doomed-roofed marketplace and not spotting anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to her, she quickly knelt down to pick up the package, placing it into her shopping cart. She had promised tacos for Selena tonight, even grabbing – she quickly checked her cart to ensure she had picked up the ‘Extra Hot’ salsa her and her wife loved. Yes, it was there, so she wasn’t completely hopeless.

And that was what she felt. Yes, this match screamed her being ‘fed’ to the world champion so the man maintained his momentum heading into Body, Heart and Soul against a very game and strong Kim – even Deanna wasn’t sure if she could beat the Underground champion with the level she was competing at now. It was like losing to Deanna had lit a fire under Kim, or maybe it was Kim’s mother showing up. Deanna wasn’t sure, but regardless, Owen, as talented as he was with his speed, power, and intelligence, able to take victory from certain defeat like he had with Xander Valentine – who everyone thought was untouchable? – even Owen had doubters about whether he could survive a match with Kim, especially when the match had been made an ‘Underground rules’ match last Breakdown? Who better to beat than Deanna Frost?

But it wasn’t entirely hopeless…

Deanna felt the ping of hope in her chest. What if she could win? What if, even with the glaring odds against her, she COULD beat Owen Cruze? Beat the world champion? Like the build in the Jurassic Park theme song, which she had listened to on the way to Trader Joe’s, Deanna felt the swell of possibility. Gods, if she could win… Screw being considered for the world title! She didn’t need that! Screw being put on some kind of list! She didn’t need that! But if she could beat the ‘world’s best’, as she was sure Owen was calling himself behind closed doors…

Gods, what that would do for her! For Selena! For the House of Frost! Could she attain the freedom her wife had gotten last Breakdown in pinning Adam Allocco? Could she be able to let the past lay where it was and chalk up that ‘5 moves of doom’ match to just a learning lesson or a mistake or something that could, dare she say, be forgotten from her mind?

She was tired of being haunted by it. She was tired of being told about it. She wanted to move on. Wanted to continue fighting for titles and big matches! She wanted to, one day, headline Breakdowns and, maybe even, pay-per-views like others had. Others she had beaten. Could that be possible with her shocking the world with such a win?

She released a huff as she reached the confectionary aisle, seeing the rows of frozen foods. It wasn’t going to be easy. She was the ‘underdog’ in this match for a reason.

First, she wasn’t her wife. Selena would have walked into that match, beaten Owen like she had back in July and then walked away as if she had other things to do – which she did with Body, Heart and Soul – that was how good the Snow Queen was. “But I’m not her…” Deanna whispered under her breath. She wasn’t as fast or strong and her attacks weren’t as fluid or dangerous as Selena’s. Sure, she had her Burnout knee strike that had taken out several superstars but nobody feared that move like they feared Selena’s Glass Shard and Defying Gravity – gods, those were iconic!

Second, Owen was on a tear! Winning the chamber, which she had been in – again, she felt the phantom-itch on her arm, thinking about the match that had seen the injury happen at The One’s hands… gods, Deanna couldn’t wait to get her hands on The One!

The distraction from her immediate fate was a welcome one as she felt the cold against her fingertips as she reached her ‘repaired’ arm out to grab the tub of moosetracks ice-cream, testing her strength against the tub by using only that arm. She felt the twinge of discomfort, but otherwise, she powered through, lifting the tub into the cart. She knew she would have to quickly finish her shopping before the ice-cream started to defrost or melt, but she was almost through anyway, and she was in better spirits mentally with this distraction…

Specifically, the fact that One had chosen Nicole Kinneck as her partner against the House of Frost. Now THAT was a riddle in and off itself! First off, regarding this ‘out with the old nonsense’ One was spouting, Nicole had been in SCW on and off longer than either of the tag-team champions, being around when names like Anthony Wallace, Shilo Valiant, and Thirteen were still around. Second, there was no telling who was going to show up. Yes, Kinneck seemed to be in the ‘driver’s seat’ with this vendetta against the Farmstead Friends, but why the hell was “taking the tag belts from the House of Frost” the way to go to get to them? It seemed like a long walk for a short drink of water for the redhead, who remembered to stop and grab a box of bottled water, sliding it into the shopping cart. And who was to say that Nicole would even be there at Body, Heart and Soul? It could be that one that Selena had mentioned: Pro – the older Frost understood these ‘others’ or ‘alters’ or whatever they were that Nicole had – or Ducky or-

Deanna found herself stopping in the middle of the ‘international aisle’, her fears gripping her. While she didn’t know that much about the multiple personalities of Nicole, there was one she HAD paid attention to…

Luna…

The one Nicole was afraid of. The one that was, supposedly, the most dangerous of all of Nicole’s ‘others’. The person that had made Ravyn Taylor afraid to the point that the ‘baddest woman in SCW’ and easily the smartest didn’t want to fight her anymore. The one that had forced Selena to use a weapon during a match and not just a weapon! A taser gun to stop her! The idea of Selena forsaking her own rules of ‘earning a win through sheer will and ability’ – the noblest, kindest, most wonderful woman Deanna knew and loved with all her heart – forsaking the nobility of an ‘honest win’ just to stop Luna…

That was how dangerous Luna was…

What if she showed up at Body, Heart and Soul? Or worse… what if she showed up at Breakdown when Selena wasn’t immediately around to protect her? She highly doubted Owen Cruze, for all his own righteousness, would risk losing momentum or even injuring himself right before his world title defense to help Deanna. The title was too important to him, and understandably so. Deanna would happily admit that the world title was in a better place with Owen as its champion – hands down better than Xander or Adam and, Odin-forbid, Kimberly Williams! The redhead wouldn’t honestly blame him if he high-tailed it if Luna showed up. After all, Deanna had, without thinking, thrown herself at Nicole when she had been attacking Selena after the Snow Queen’s Breakdown match! She hadn’t considered it – merely wishing to protect her exhausted wife from an unfair assault.

But turnabout was fair game, and it would not take much for The One and Kinneck (or Luna) to make an appearance, if only to keep Deanna from having any kind of incredible win over the world champion.

“Gods…” Deanna breathed as she reached the cereal aisle. “This is going to be a rough week!” she groaned under her breath. Still, with the odds against her, the notion of being ‘fed’ to the world champion, and then the increasing possibility of The One/Kinneck coming in for more parting shots… Deanna still knew she was going to show up and still go for that win.

Again, that hope over what a win – what a moment - could do and mean for her and her family. It was just too strong, even if it was drowning in negatives, she had to try. She had to try and beat Owen. Had to try and prove that she stood a chance! Had to-

Her eyes caught the bright colors of all the cereal boxes as they lined the shelves. It was the last thing on her list to get. Quickly, she checked the clock on her phone, certain that by the time she got home, Selena would be finished with her interview. Maybe they could talk about all this together – all these possibilities… after some more ‘quality time’ together… Deanna allowed the smile to come to her naturally. Since she had been allowed to move her arm again, resuming her ‘love life’ with Selena had been high on her priority list and, regardless of the issues plaguing her, she was in no mood to lose any more time giving as good as Selena had ‘given’ her during her injury.

Maybe a nice shower together… she mused, allowing her mind to wander as she reached for the box of Honey Nut Cheerios, missing the hand that reached up at the same box at the same time. Her hand bumped into the darker-skinned one, Deanna feeling the jolt in her repaired arm, but it wasn’t too bad, her brain too distracted with uttering apologies.

“Sorry! Sorry!” she replied. “I wasn’t thinking and I didn’t see your-“

Her voice died right in front of her as she turned her head to spy the woman reaching for the same box as her. The woman wore a black dress that showed a trim-toned figure that belied the age Deanna knew she must be. Her raven-black hair was only broken by the wisps of white that ran from her temples down the full mane she had and her eyes were as dark as that. In short, the woman was beautiful, but Deanna could only feel dread as she recognized the woman and what her ‘presence’ implicated.

“Hey…” the woman smiled, trying to sound innocent. “Fancy running into you here…”

Immediately, Deanna ripped her hand back, keeping her own cart between her and the woman, who had no cart and no basket of her own to carry groceries in, furthering Deanna’s suspicions. “Running into me here, my left shoe!” she growled under her throat. “Dozens of grocery stores in New York and you pick the one I frequent at the exact same time I happen to be going – which I only went to today and at this time because of circumstances at home.” Emerald eyes narrowed, the redhead being a victim of fate and circumstances too long to not know better. “There is nothing ‘happenstance’ about this.”

With a sigh, the other woman exhaled before eyeing Deanna. “Look, I just want to talk.”

“Yeah, and I just want to do my grocery shopping without the knowledge that I’m being followed, but oops! You’ve ruined that for me.”

“I’m not here to hurt you.” The woman tried.
“I don’t give a fig about hurting me.” Deanna bit back. “I’m a grown woman. I can take care of myself.”

The black-haired woman’s eyes widened in understanding. “Selena.”

Biting her lower lip to keep from replying, Deanna simply stayed her ground, though it was enough confirmation for the other woman who nodded her head. “I get it.” She admitted. “Things didn’t go as smoothly as Caius and I would have liked.”

“That’s between you and Alejandra.” Deanna stated. “Selena and I want no part of that. We made that clear.”

“I know… I just…” Scratching her head in frustration, Sage Alden looked around the large grocery store. “Look can we just talk about this. I just really…” she tried to find the words but Deanna could see she was floundering. “If you don’t care about what I have to say after I’m done, I’ll leave you alone. I promise, okay?”

Despite herself, Deanna saw the desperation in her voice, almost pleading for an ‘audience’. Still, she was ready to just write the woman off and warn her to stay away from her. But… the thought came to her… a familiar ray of hope in her chest. If she could nip this problem in the bud? Deal with this quietly so it never bothered Selena again? It would just be a blip in their lives. A moment easily forgotten. Just ‘be done with it’ rather than put Selena through more trouble, Deanna was sure.

Crossing her arms, the redhead eyed her cart. “You’ve got until the ice-cream starts to defrost.” She stated before beginning to push the cart towards the checkout lane. “Start talking.”
[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
4x SCW World Tag-Team Champion
2x SCW United States Champion
3x SCW Adrenaline Champion
SCW Television Champion
Longest Reigning SCW World Champion (234 days)
Winner of Shot of Adrenaline Tournament (2016)
Winner of Best of the Best Tournament (2016)
Winner of Trios Tournament (2018)
Winner of U.S. Championship Tournament (2020)
Winner of World Championship Tournament (2023)
Winner of Tactical Warfare (2014, 2019)
Winner of Elimination Chamber (2015)
Winner of Roofed Cage Match (2019)
Winner of Last Person Standing Match (2019)
The Unbelievable Main Event (2021-2023)
Winner of Double Jeopardy Match (2022)
Winner of EOTY Invitational (2023)
Female Wrestler of the Year (2016, 2021, 2022)
Tag-Team of the Year (2020 - w/ Regan Street)
Match of the Year (2018, 2019, 2021, 2023)
Feud of the Year (2014, 2019)

[Image: 34zetxl.png]
+++ Miami - 3rd January 2023 +++

*continued*

Owen: Hey, all good in LA?

Jennifer: Mom and Dad fussing over me because they’ve got me home. Mom asking me AGAIN if I’m sure I want to get married.

Owen: Usual stuff then?

Jennifer: Pretty much… how’s about you?

Owen: Yeah… just getting ready to leave for Trios. Wish you were here.

Jennifer: You, ok? You sound a bit off.

Owen: I’m fine… just nerves, I guess.

Jennifer: Nope, there’s something wrong. What’s going on Owen?

Owen’s first thoughts where it was a good job, he had been more convincing with the police, than he was with Jennifer. Thing was, Jennifer had an advantage, in that she knew him, and knew his moods, even if she was miles away.

Jennifer: Come on Owen, you know I’ll get it out of you one way or another. And no secrets… remember?

It was in the terms and conditions when Jennifer had gotten back with Owen that there could be no lies, and certainly no secrets. He sighs, though part of him was happy to have someone to talk to about something that had been eating him up inside for a while.

Owen: It’s Charlotte…

Jennifer: Oh no… have they found her? Is she…?

Owen: No, they’ve not found her Jen. Not yet anyway.

There is a momentary hesitation, neither of them speaking. Jennifer trying to figure out what was going on, and Owen not having the words just yet.

Jennifer: Owen, what’s going on?

Owen puffs out his cheeks, looking out of the window for inspiration which he doesn’t find. He closes his eyes before speaking.

Owen: I know where she went Jen. She’s not dead.

There is another momentary silence, Jennifer digesting what Owen had just said.

Jennifer: I’m not going to judge, and I’m not even going to get angry. But Owen, you need to explain this to me. Right now.

Owen could tell by the tone in her voice that she was already worried, but there was no going back now.

Owen: Three weeks ago, I got a letter from Charlotte which was postmarked Toronto, saying that she couldn’t deal with prison time, knowing that when she came out, people would give her those looks wherever she went. She thought it best to get away from it all and disappear. Hence why she tried to make people believe that she was dead.

Jennifer: Owen, you didn’t help her, did you?

Owen: No, I didn’t, I swear. The letter was the first I knew she was OK.

Jennifer: Ok so what’s…

She stops herself, figuring out the answer to her question for herself.

Jennifer: You didn’t tell the cops, did you?

His silence tells the story.

Jennifer: Jesus Christ Owen… you ever heard of obstruction?

Owen: Yeah…

Jennifer senses the change in Owen’s tone, knowing he’d done wrong, and thus softens hers.

Jennifer: She’s your friend… I get it, I guess.

Owen: But now the cops are figuring it all out for themselves. They are going to find her; I know they are. They have already requested CCTV from the train station…

Jennifer: Then you’ve got to get out ahead of it.

Owen: How?

Jennifer: You’ve got to tell them what you know. Say you only just got the letter; they can’t prove you haven’t.

Owen: But what about Charlotte?

Jennifer: With the utmost respect Owen… she did a crime, right now the cops aren’t aware that you have too. She’s going to get caught anyway, you know she is. There is no point you are getting into trouble as well because of some misguided loyalty. You did what you could, but now it’s time to give it up before it gets even worse. For you both.

Owen: You’re right…

Jennifer: I know I am Owen. And if Charlotte is as much of a friend that you obviously think she is, she’d realize that as well and not want you to suffer because of what she did.  

Owen: I know. I’ll ring the cops when I get back from Breakdown.

Jennifer: No Owen, do it now. It only takes them to find her before you speak to them, and then you’re implicated as well if ever it comes to light.

Owen: Ok…

Jennifer: I mean it Owen, hang up the phone and call them now.

Owen: I will.

Jennifer: It’s the right thing to do Owen, you know it is. Call them.

Owen nods his head, though obviously Jennifer cannot see.

Jennifer: I love you.

Owen: Love you too.

The phone goes dead, Owen picking up the card from the table and holding it in front of him. He dials the number, and waits, holding the phone to his ear.

Owen: Hi, can I speak to Officer Cooper please?

Someone says something on the other end inaudible, Owen waiting until they are finished, knowing that his time to back out was nearing its end. Finally, they finish, and biting his bottom lip Owen replies.

Owen: It’s Owen… Owen Cruze. I have information about Charlotte Byers.

+++ Atlanta – 25th January 2023 +++

Owen stands in the Georgia Aquarium, his brother Sebastian stood by his side, a huge tank in front of him with so many species of aquatic life swimming by. Owen stands watching, almost transfixed by what he was watching, lost in the moment. It never ceased to amaze him how many amazing things being a wrestler had enabled him to see, from historical landmarks to examples of nature such as this. Slowly, he turns to face the camera, Ruby, Owen’s sister stepping in to look after Sebastian as he starts to speak

“In every habitat, there is always the apex predator, the one that all else fears or at the very least respects. In this tank it may well be one of the sharks, out on the plains of Africa it is most likely the Lions. In SCW, it is… most definitely NOT Owen Cruze. When Xander Valentine held the World Championship that was probably the case. Bree Lancaster, Sierra Swann, Syren… even if they weren’t feared, they were respected for sure. My guess, Josh Hudson is feared, and respect more than I probably ever will be. Of course, I’ve found myself asking the question why. The answer is as obvious as it is simplistic. This steadfast belief that because of my surname, I have been handed opportunities on a silver platter. Because my surname has a romantic history going back decades, it is seen that just stepping into a ring is going to sell tickets. I think over the course of 2022 I wouldn’t need ten fingers to count how many people came out and respected my abilities… I need about ten hands to deal with how many times I was called an entitled brat. Thing is, prior to 2022 that kind of stuff bothered me. Now, I simply couldn’t care less. I couldn’t care less because I know that deep down, these people know full well exactly how much of a challenge I am, no matter who the heck you are. I know that Josh Hudson, for however many times he’ll shout from the rooftops that ‘he made me tap’, he knows how close I was to breaking his ankle and ruining his reputation forever. I spoke of Xander Valentine earlier, the guys almost twice my size but still I took him down. Why? Because I have the heart and courage of a lion… a man that gives his all every single time he steps in the ring with no half measures. That’s never mentioned, and why should it? When this entire company is built on ego and arrogance, and people change their attitudes on a whim and with the changing of the winds? Owen Cruze changes his attitude to this sport ONCE, and almost loses everything, whereas others seemingly change with every show. And yet I’m the entitled one who deserves nothing? Go figure. It’s as hilarious as it is ridiculous, and yet, it will never stop. I didn’t think coming back would change it. I didn’t think claiming my redemption would change it. I didn’t even think winning the most prestigious championship in this industry would change it. And that’s sad… it really is and sets the worst example to those starting out. That’s the thing though, isn’t it? Very few now care about ‘being’ the example and are only in this for themselves. Very few compete for the honor of it all, and the privilege of representing Supreme Championship Wrestling. I’m 22 years of age, and yet I can admit I made a huge mistake, yet people in their forties with much more experience can do the same… that’s sad as well. Thankfully, there are those who DO care. For example, the House of Frost.”

He looks back at the tank as a Hammerhead shark passes by, his favorite fish in the entire tank, other than the one that looked like Nemo. Sebastian, pulls Owen’s jeans, not understanding that Owen is filming, Owen acknowledging him anyway before continuing.

“Deanna, I don’t think it is any great secret that more than most in this company, your wife Selena is someone who I respect unequivocally. You may, or may not know, she was one of the first to congratulate me when I took the title from Xander Valentine. She was also the one person to come to me to address her fears regarding the damage that was being done to the reputation of the World Championship, instead of posting pointless crap on social media. Selena was also the first big ‘name’ that I ever defeated, a victory that kick-started the momentum that led me to my first World Championship. She’s another who has probably never received the respect from the masses that her work has deserved, but she was the inspiration that led me to the conclusion that I didn’t have to please everyone, and only those that mattered. Some people aren’t for pleasing, and honestly, recognizing that was one of the most liberating realizations in my life.

So yeah, a lot of respect here for the Snow Queen, both as a competitor and a person, so it goes without saying that same respect has been reserved for you. As someone who has no doubt been trained by Selena, who has the same morality and temperament to Selena, you were never going to be an ordinary competitor. Honestly, when we first saw you, I never thought that ‘this’ would where you would be, but it cannot come as any real surprise. As a tag team with Selena, she sure as hell hasn’t been carrying you, and that’s just about the biggest compliment I can give you. To hold your own with arguably one of the most dominant wrestlers in our company… that’s quite the standard. So, it goes without saying, it’s that standard that I am preparing for.

Because Deanna, if there is anyone that understands the task you face to make a name for yourself, it’s me. As I’ve just said, Selena would be on most people’s top ten, and on quite a few top threes… she’d most certainly be on mine. She’s been spreading her wings outside of Supreme Championship Wrestling, and getting herself a name worldwide, there can’t be many now who doesn’t know who she is, and what she represents. That level, it can be inspiring… I was most certainly inspired by the success of my Father, and indeed my Uncle. There is no question that every day I woke up and got out of bed, my primary focus was to surpass what they ever did. But I also know how it can weigh a person down. How much that sheer success can be a shadow from which it can be almost impossible to escape. It’s clear, I faced the abyss due to that sheer expectation on my shoulders, but somehow, I managed to step back, and get to where I am today, no longer burdened by my family name but ONLY inspired by it. I had to learn that their legacies where not mine to continue. During my hiatus I started to understand that I had to build my own.”

Ruby and Sebastian start to walk away from the viewing area, Sebastian wanting to see more. Owen stays where he is however, nodding that he will catch up, before turning back to the camera.

“And so, Deanna, I must ask, is it the same for you? Inspired, or burdened, by Selena’s success? Where is it you find yourself right now? Some might say that for you it is even more difficult, Selena still a more than active competitor and seemingly ready to once again be World Champion. Do you fear being left behind in her wake? I say this not to be dismissive, or to get a rise out of you, I hope you understand the reasoning behind the question. Deanna, Selena is by your side, and wouldn’t ever do anything to hurt your success, not purposely anyway. But you must understand that her being around make’s it even more difficult for you to succeed… surely? With that in mind, I only bring it up to try and ensure you don’t make the same mistakes I did. Maybe it will be different for you, but this companies’ history is full of those individuals who could never aspire to the levels of their predecessors. Helms, Street, Knight… the list goes on and on. The difference you have is Selena’s ego hasn’t ever run away with her, and I’m sure she keeps you levelheaded… because you are going to need that grounding as you continue to progress through the ranks, as I believe you inevitably will.”

Owen walks through to an exhibit that is focused purely on sharks, a whole wealth of information that Sebastian is taking in, helped by Ruby… the University Student who at least academically had put Owen in the shade. The irony isn’t lost on Owen, as most of the time he felt like he was swimming in a sea of sharks that all smelt his blood. Kimberly Williams right now the biggest shark of them all. It would be easy for him to make the mistake of focusing on her, Body Heart and Soul getting ever closer. But that was a mistake Owen would never make. Clarity now one of his greatest attributes, knowing that he should only focus on that which was in front of him, namely Deanna Frost.

“You will Deanna, because there will always be those who just like myself, will forever try to dumb you down. Take the Elimination Chamber for instance at Under Attack, I think it’s an undeniable fact that you and I were given no chance by Adam Allocco, due to his experience and know how, and yet, we were probably the stand outs in that Chamber… forgive me if I’m wrong, but I believe you were the one with the most eliminations, which kind of speaks for itself. You know as well as I do, Adam Allocco isn’t someone that should ever be listened to, but you can bet good money that he wouldn’t have been the only one with that same thought process. And those same people wouldn’t have put any money on me then going on to beat Xander Valentine. But the most people put us down, the harder we work, isn’t that right Deanna? The more they dismiss us, the more we take advantage of that ill thought-out strategy. I’ve been where you are right now Deanna, needing that big singles victory that will firmly establish yourself in Supreme Championship Wrestling. I know, that in time, tag team success won’t be enough for you and Selena, and singles titles will be in both your crosshairs. Knowing that however Deanna, you won’t get that advantage from me, I won’t ever dumb down what you have achieved. I will never underestimate ANYONE Deanna, even more so yourself, someone who has the benefits of being trained by one of the best in the world. All that heart, and desire, I know I must match it. And match it I will, to ensure that I don’t come unstuck before a huge title defense at Body, Heart and Soul. This momentum I’m on, I must make sure it continues, through the PPV and beyond. I MUST be true to myself and believe, sorry Selena, that you are yet another obstacle I must overcome… no matter how much you want, or indeed need this victory.”

Owen puts his hand on the nose of a replica of a Great White Shark, a smirk forming on his face. Owen picks Sebastian up, so that he can touch the shark’s nose as well, not even realizing that he was a part of SCW Television right now. Fact was, he was far more interested in the shark, than he ever would be the camera. He doesn’t even divert his attention when Owen once again speaks.

“Because I fully intend continuing to bathe in this sea of sharks, predators that are all intent on doing one thing, that being taking the SCW World Championship away from me and putting me in this ‘place’ they firmly believe I belong. Yes, there will be challengers along the way, number one contenders who have earned that right, but there will also be those, like you, who have the desire to show that categorically they belong and could one day sit atop that very same mountain I find myself right now. Speak with Selena, and she will tell you, I am perhaps the one person in this company that can match her for sheer speed. I can finish matches from literally anywhere, when for all intents and purposes, it seems like I am done. I may not be given the respect of others, and my career may well be shrouded in the dismissive, and the ignorant, but that doesn’t make what I am telling you any less true. You’ll know ALL of this of course, Selena will have made sure of it, which means NOTHING will be left in the locker room. Even if she hasn’t, it is obvious that you have your own mind, and can therefore make your own decisions. You see this as an opportunity Deanna… well so do I. An opportunity to send you, and Kimberley Williams a message. A statement to the entire roster in fact. A message that states quite clearly that no matter who you are, whatever your standing in this company… and whether you’re a dickhead or not, Owen Cruze will ALWAYS give you, his best. Like a Champion always should.”

Sebastian finally see’s the camera, and waves, which brings a smile to Owen’s face before he delivers his final words.

“Good luck Deanna… truly, I mean that. You and I, are everything good about this company… so let’s steal the whole damn show.”

Owen nods to the camera, and the scene slowly fades.
[Image: 270041540-258425806375597-7033161467703002046-n.png]
The Witches of Alden

”Admissions”

Trader Joe’s
New York City, New York
January 23rd, 2023
12:29am

“Talk quickly.” Deanna ordered simply as she pushed her cart against the cold concrete of the parking space, hearing the rattling that the small, hard wheels made against the ground as they headed to her Jeep. Behind, actually needing to pick up her pace to keep up with the right head, Sage Alden followed. “Once I’m done…” Deanna continued. “I’m pulling out of the parking lot and possibly forgetting that this conversation happened.”

“Okay, okay.” Sage pressed, her voice noting her surprise in the coldness in Deanna’s.

As for the manager-turned-wrestler, she knew she was being somewhat rude and not quite herself in this manner, but she had to be. It wasn’t really rudeness as much as it was being guarded, or on her guard, as it were. She was entertaining this stranger, whom Deanna knew nothing about other than Sage and her brother were Selena’s aunt and niece and they wanted her to meet this supposed ‘Alden family’, wherever/whatever they were. The fact that the mere notion brought up flashes of her time with the Frost/Frostmere clan was enough to put Deanna on edge, and seeing Selena flat-out refuse them the first time they had met those two on similar grounds was enough for Deanna to be uneasy at the woman Alden stalking her like this and confronting her in the grocery store.

Just hear her out and get the hell out of dodge… she told herself, reaching her vehicle and lifting the trunk up, her free hand already grasping one of the full bags of groceries to store in the space. She almost didn’t hear Sage speaking until she had spotted, out of the corner of her eye, the dark-haired woman’s mouth moving.

“I…” she tried, her voice shaking a little, complete with ‘uhs’ and ‘umms’ as she stammered. “Come on!” she chastised herself. “Why can’t I find the words?!”

“Tick tock.” Deanna warned without looking, putting another bag into the trunk of her Jeep.
“That’s not helping!” Sage whined a little, even giving a little pout.

It was this that caused a bit of guilt to shoot through Deanna. Yes, it was highly inappropriate that Sage had stalked and followed Deanna from – well, Deanna wasn’t sure on that or how long, which was unnerving, but she had promised some time to the older woman, who was just nervous now that she had the audience she sought. With a sigh, Deanna turned around and faced the woman, crossing her arms over her chest. “Okay…” she spoke into her sigh. “I’ll cut you a break. What do you want? Why did you want to talk to me?”

“I wanted…” Sage tried to explain. “I want you to know that we didn’t mean any harm to you or Selena or Alejandra.”

“Stalking me like this doesn’t help that case.” Deanna stated matter-of-factly. “You could have visited us or something. I’m sure we’re not hard to find on social media.”

“I know, but…” Sage shrugged. “I don’t know. Caius and I were always raised to confront our problems head on.”

“And Selena and I are a ‘problem’?” The redhead asked with a raised eyebrow, seeing Sage’s eyes go wide.
“No! No! Not like that – I didn’t mean-“ she stopped to collect herself. “I mean we were raised to believe that if you wanted something, you worked hard to achieve it, not just sit around and ‘let it come to you’.”

Okay, now THAT Deanna understood. Everyone she knew in the immediate ‘Frost’ family – from Alejandra to Selena herself – shared that feature. It wasn’t inclusive to family, either. Owen Cruze was living a resurgence in his career by that same mentality, working his ass off to undo his past actions as a villain in SCW and redeem himself in his own right and in the eyes of the fans. It was one of the many things Deanna respected of the current world champion, along with his skills and abilities – not to mention his god-tier speed. God-tier? she almost laughed out loud, catching herself from doing so in front of Sage. I’ve been watching Elsianna play Dungeons and Dragons for too long.

But it was true! Cruze’s speed was second-to-none! The only way Selena, one of the biggest stars in SCW history from talent and accolades alone, had managed to stay ahead of Owen in the past was to a ) have her head on a swivel and b ) keep the boy grounded at all times through unpredictable chain-wrestling – a series of combo moves, in her case grappling over Selena’s method of striking.

“-and to find her again after so many years… it just left a lot of emotions I thought I had left buried.”
“I…I’m sorry…” Deanna admitted guiltily. “I didn’t catch that.”

“Oh…uh…” Sage tried. “I was saying that I and, especially, Caius had been looking for our sister for so long and, when our father died, we sort of… gave up. Then to finally have that breakthrough with Selena being on TV and… it brought back a lot of good and bad emotions.”

“Okay…” Deanna huffed, the question that had burned in her brain since she had met the two Aldens. “How bad were things that a forty-year absence occurred? I mean, I don’t get along with MY sister, but geez, FORTY YEARS?!” Though it has been at least five for me… she thought sadly to herself.

“I… I don’t really know.” Sage shrugged her shoulders in defeat. “Maybe she was afraid we’d drag her back or something. I wish she’d let me talk to her.”

“Were you two close?” Deanna asked.

“She…” for a moment, Sage seemed to look away, lost in her thoughts. “She was my best friend. While Caius sought her advice on certain matters – being closer in age than me… I was her ‘little sister’. She sort of was my-“

“Protector?” Deanna asked without thinking, her eyes widening as the words escaped her. She hated to say it, but she understood, even before Sage nodded her head.

“One time… I got bit by a snake.” Sage smiled at the memory. “Allie was so scared. She literally picked me up, ran back to the house screaming bloody murder! Woke up half the neighbourhood and wouldn’t put me down till father literally wrestled her out of her arms.”

Despite herself, Deanna felt a smile creep to her lips, the redhead biting down on her lower lip to repress it. “I… skinned my knee.”

It was interesting that, out of all the times Deanna had relied on her sister – including her ‘coming out’ as a lesbian – THAT was the first memory that came to the redhead’s mind. Running up across the front lawn, a grasshopper she had caught clutched in her hand, screaming her sister’s name to show it off, only to trip on the stairs leading to the porch and skin her knee, effectively squashing the poor insect (She had named him “Mr. Greeny-Jump-Jump”) against her chest, and crying her eyes out, more so for her lost ‘pet’. Amy had rushed out, seen the mess, cleaned up Deanna, bandaged her knee and let her watch ‘Beauty and the Beast’ on DVD, one of her favorite movies at the time. She remembered how safe she had felt wrapped in that blanket with her bandaged knee and clean clothes lying on the couch with her sister watching over her while Amy made dinner…

And how part of her, even standing in the snow and cold of the winter of New York twenty-some years later, she would give almost anything to have that feeling back again. Looking up, the redhead saw Sage sniffling a little, the woman running a hand haphazardly through her raven hair.

“Why does she hate you so much?” Deanna asked, earning a surprise expression from Sage.
“Did…did she say she did?”
“No.” Deanna shook her head. “But I know disdain when I see it. My sister looked at me like that last time I saw her. She doesn’t… approve of my choices in life or partner.”

Sage gave a nod. “Well, we didn’t give Allie a choice. But all I wanted was to tell her I was sorry. That it was wrong of the family to put that on her.”

“That’s… that’s it? You wanted to apologize to her? The whole family?”

Deanna saw the woman seize up a little at the question, a hiss of an inhale coming from the raven-haired beauty. “No… she still isn’t… well received there. But Caius and I, even father, we just wanted to apologize to her. But the weeks turned into months and the months turned into years – but when we found Selena, and then her? It all came back…” her voice trailed off.

“But so did the feeling of abandonment from your older sister?” Deanna finished the sentence, earning a nod from Sage.
“All the times I wanted an older sister to talk to. About homework, college, liking boys, hunting-“
“Hunting?”
“Nevermind.” Sage shook her head. “It just… seeing her brought it all back and it… it was hard when I saw her last week.”

“Then why don’t you tell her all that?” Deanna finally said as she returned to getting the last of her bags into the trunk. “Tell her everything you told me. The apology, your hurt feelings, all of it.”

“She threw me out last time.” Sage tried, her eyes a little wide.
“Cause you and your brother were suddenly there en masse and trying to get not only her but her daughter.”

“Yeah…” Sage’s voice trailed off. “I can see that might have been a mistake in approach.”

Deanna shook her head. “Look, all I know is that if my sister showed up to talk to me, no matter how angry I was, I would at least hear her out. Because… I’d give anything to have her back in my life like I use to.”

The older woman gave a nod. “You’re… you’re pretty smart for a woman so young.”
“Comes with living with Selena.” Deanna answered quickly. “She’s a wreck without me-“

Her voice hitched a little as she felt her phone vibrate in her pant-pocket. Quickly drawing it out, she scanned the text-notification. ‘Done with interview’ it read. ‘You on your way home?’

“Speaking of which.” Deanna smiled to herself. “I better go.”
“Yeah…okay.” Sage nodded. “Thanks for, you know, hearing me out.”
“Yeah.” Deanna nodded. “I don’t want you or your brother bothering us anymore, okay? But… for what it’s worth, I hope Alejandra at least listens to you so you can, at least, have closure.”

“Thanks.” Sage answered glumly, turning to leave. She had only managed a few steps when she heard Deanna call out to her.

“Hey, just one last thing…” she waited till Sage had turned around. “Alejandra said something about witches after you left. Do you have any idea why?”

The dark-skinned woman gave a shrug as if the question was the easiest thing to answer. “Cause we Aldens ARE witches. Including Alejandra.”

The silence was agonizing as Deanna stood there, her mouth suddenly agape as Sage waved a friendly goodbye, disappearing from view long before Deanna could even move. My mother-in-law… is a witch…a LITERAL one… Deanna thought over and over again in disbelief. Part of her wondered if Selena knew, though she doubted that.

Gods… if I had known that… she thought in her own defense mechanism: humor. If I had known that… I would have asked Alejandra to put a hex on Owen…

Just to give me a better chance…

The Guard Tower

Hey guys! Deanna here! One half of the world tag-team champion, rookie of the year, Queen’s Guard, that sort of thing and…

And apparently, I can’t start off this promo the way I wanted to because I have some questions that were directly thrown my way by my upcoming opponent, the world champion, Owen Cruze…

Yeah, you heard that right, True Believers, little Gritters and everyone in the SCW Universe. This coming Breakdown, in quite possibly a ‘David vs Goliath’ on sheer accomplishments and abilities alone, it’s me vs. the SCW World Champion, Owen Cruze… Holy cats!

And no, Owen, that isn’t me calling you a literal ‘giant’ or saying you’re doomed to fail if I bring a slingshot to the ring – that’s more Kim’s thing, I am sure. You can’t expect me to believe that she doesn’t have one stashed away somewhere.

But truly, that is how I see you. This massive behemoth in the industry. Your last name alone, more than the Frost name, oozes success. Orlando? Shaun? The latter will surely find himself in the SCW Hall of Fame one day as, I know, will you. But you? You’re the man that BEAT the Executioner, Xander Valentine! You’re the man that won the chamber! You’re the man that started 2023 as “The Man” in SCW… Hell, you’re defending the world title in a few weeks in a realm that isn’t your own and, from a former Underground champion, you’re in for a hard ride…

I can’t say any of that about me. I’m not a former world champion. I’m not a chamber winner. I’ve been a wrestler a little over a year and haven’t really won a top-tier singles title like United States or Adrenaline. I can’t hang my hat on main-event singles wins like you can. In fact, part of me is haunted by one of the worst losses I’ve ever had in that “5 moves of doom match” with a man that you trounced in Adam Allocco.

So, please, Owen, out of the respect that you showed me, let’s not kid ourselves here. People are running to their bookies about this match – show-stealing as it will be and I swear to you, I will give it everything I have to make it so. SCW deserves NOTHING less than that – But those people are running to their bookies and placing all of their bets on you, not me.

For the first time, Owen, after being second to Xander and Allocco as the ‘safe bet’, YOU now are the odds-on favorite here, which explains why you seemed so calm in that aquarium, surrounded by sharks. Even you know that you are the heavy favorite going in and I am the underdog. But I will get to that in a moment.

You asked me some questions, Owen. And I’m not going to ignore them when you were kind enough to give me time to answer them. Again, that respect. You asked me about how I view Selena’s success in regards and comparison to my own. You asked me if I was inspired or burdened by being in her shadow and if I still find myself there or if I believe I’m somewhere else. You also warned me of being lost in that shadow and success belonging to my wife, as it had happened for other families/family members in this business.

And my answer is both a simple one and one you might not like, Owen: I am not my wife.

See, Owen, all that talk about Selena? How you couldn’t stop mentioning her as the sharks swam around you? It makes me feel like you’d rather face her rather than me and your concern for my future, while endearing, felt more like you projecting that desire.

But I am not my wife. I will never be Selena. And you’re not facing, Selena, Owen. You’re facing me.

And that’s something you and I are VERY different on. You see, you’re talking about my future and your future. You’re worried about what-ifs for us and about Selena and looking ahead to Body, Heart and Soul. You’re worried about what I want to do if I can pull the upset of a lifetime and beat you. You’re worried about the future.

Me? I’m not looking beyond tonight! This moment! This match! This second! There is nothing else for me because you don’t understand how rare this is for me. Why would you? I could be any other challenger – ‘another obstacle for you to overcome’ as you put it. One of many ‘sharks’, right? And you have that luxury, Owen, you have the luxury of not caring who you face, but simply giving it your all. If I was, say, Bree Lancaster? I am sure your words would echo similar sentiments, and rightfully so. Again, you have that luxury, Owen, because you sit at the top of the mountain, looking down.

You don’t understand – no matter how much you say that you do – what having this match means to me. And you can’t possibly understand because you don’t know me. You won’t underestimate me, and I respect you for that, but your whole diatribe focused on me just being ‘Selena’s wife and partner’ and my future in association with that and only that.

No you… you don’t understand what this match is to me. Just me. Not as a contender, or a singles wrestler but as a person. What this match, even with the odds against me, means.

Because it’s a match that could have happened twice already, Owen. Did you know that? Let me explain. First, in the chamber match. Where my arm was fractured by The One, which caused me to be eliminated second-last. If I had gotten past Adam, however, I would have faced you, Owen, in that chamber one-on-one. But it slipped past me.

And then? The End of the Year Title Shot. My name was one of the top people considered, it seems, regardless of this whole thing with Kandis that’s going on. I was, if you can believe it, one of the favorites to get the chance to face you! But again, it slipped through my fingers in favor of Hairless Penguin.

Twice over, Owen, the opportunity to face you one-on-one has JUST missed me by a cat’s whisker. And now? Here it is. And you couldn’t be more dangerous than you are now! The momentum? The world title on your shoulder? The people you’ve beaten like Allocco and Xander? I couldn’t face a more dangerous and more unstoppable version of you than at this ‘moment’, and I’ve actually FACED Kim Williams in an Underground match, remember?

But I AM facing you, Owen! Finally, after seeing it pass me by twice over, I am FINALLY getting the chance of a lifetime! Because when tonight is over, you will still be World Champion and on your way to face Kimberly, as you said, and then maybe Adam at Retribution, and then the plethora of other challengers that want their chance like Kandis and Glory.

This? You vs. me like this? You as dangerous as you are now? As driven? As passionate? This match won’t happen again for a VERY long time, if at all!

Meaning that I have one shot. One chance to pull off the win you so described – the win that can define a career!

So SCREW the ‘world title standings’!
SCREW the ‘top of the mountain’ crap!
SCREW any and all implications of titles!
And SCREW finding ‘my place in SCW’!

This is not for ANY of that! This isn’t about ‘the future’ and your ‘what-ifs’, Owen. This isn’t even for a sense of belonging for my place in SCW, Owen. This is for me! This is my one chance! My one shot to stun the world, even if it doesn’t change it! This is my one chance at the win of my entire career – a moment that may never come back again! This is my one shot at the win of a lifetime! This is for me – for Deanna!

And one shot, Owen, is all I will need. Like David took down Goliath – all it took was one shot. You may not be underestimating me, nor I you, Owen, but I don’t expect that. But underestimating me is not what I am looking for in you.

What I need is just that one shot. I need a moment for you to hesitate while you, Grasshopper, hop around the ring with your amazing speed. I need one mistake, champ, while you try and worry about the future and the ‘what-ifs’ rather than this moment. I need one moment of hesitation from you to have my shot.

And if I can get it, Owen, I promise you on everything that I am: I will not miss. I will nail a kill-shot and take you down!

You may be willing to give me your ‘best’, Owen, like the damn good champion that you are. But for you? For this one chance? This one moment to beat your ‘best’? I will give you every breath, every heartbeat, every drop of blood, and everything I am to beat the odds like no one ever has before!

All for this moment, this shot… this one chance.

Checkmate, bitches!
[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
4x SCW World Tag-Team Champion
2x SCW United States Champion
3x SCW Adrenaline Champion
SCW Television Champion
Longest Reigning SCW World Champion (234 days)
Winner of Shot of Adrenaline Tournament (2016)
Winner of Best of the Best Tournament (2016)
Winner of Trios Tournament (2018)
Winner of U.S. Championship Tournament (2020)
Winner of World Championship Tournament (2023)
Winner of Tactical Warfare (2014, 2019)
Winner of Elimination Chamber (2015)
Winner of Roofed Cage Match (2019)
Winner of Last Person Standing Match (2019)
The Unbelievable Main Event (2021-2023)
Winner of Double Jeopardy Match (2022)
Winner of EOTY Invitational (2023)
Female Wrestler of the Year (2016, 2021, 2022)
Tag-Team of the Year (2020 - w/ Regan Street)
Match of the Year (2018, 2019, 2021, 2023)
Feud of the Year (2014, 2019)

[Image: 34zetxl.png]