Glory Braddock vs. Amelia Blythe
==========
February 18th, 2023
Miami, Florida
Off Camera
==========

It has been one week since Glory Braddock was confronted by Charlotte Samson, the sister of Jacob Samson who had been employed as Glory’s butler for a short time. Charlotte came to Glory pleading her case, pleading for Glory to be merciful towards her brother. Braddock was hesitant about showing any form of mercy. Jacob, after all, was mostly responsible for getting himself, Charlotte, and more importantly Glory’s younger sister Julia Braddock caught up in a horrific lifestyle of drugs, human trafficking, and other petty crimes to support their drug addiction. This addiction, this drug abuse, it nearly ruined the Braddock reputation and it also nearly ruined Julia’s life. Family is and always has been very important to The British Bombshell. She does not quickly forgive and forget when you mess with her family, and even though Jacob had claimed to have turned over a new leaf and was trying to improve his life, Glory was unwilling to assist without first getting some form of revenge. Forcing Jacob to work for him, to serve her as a butler, would be the most humbling and humiliating form of punishment she could think of and Glory had every intention of milking this revenge for all it was worth.

Glory had failed to realize that she herself had needed her fair share of second chances. She had failed to recognize the many mistakes she had made in her life and how she needed, at times demanded, people to give her another chance; and almost every time she would be granted the forgiveness that she had sought after. Yet here Glory Braddock was unwilling to grant Jacob that same forgiveness she had needed on several occasions. In fact, just recently The British Bombshell had recognized how far over the edge she had gone. She had betrayed the trust of her supporters and fans in Supreme Championship Wrestling. She had played dirty backstage politics in her own company to put down a potential rebellion against her. She could blame it on the stress, grief, tension, and other problems in her personal life ranging from the death of her mother to her daughter becoming more and more distant; but the fact is that Glory’s actions and reactions were wrong. She needed to change and she thought she had made the necessary changes in her life. She thought she had rediscovered her true self. That was until Charlotte confronted her one week ago. Charlotte pointed out how Glory, supposedly a changed woman, was still blackmailing Jacob Samson out of a petty desire for revenge.

Braddock now sits on the front lawn of her modern luxurious Miami home. The British Bombshell is dressed in tight denim shorts, a pink crop top, and flip flops. Her long blonde hair is pulled into a ponytail in the back and she has sunglasses over her eyes. Glory has had some time to herself this morning to think about her current situation. Her husband, Kurt Logan, left early this morning to pick up their adopted daughter, Fiona Logan, from the airport. With Kurt gone for much of the morning Glory was left to ponder many unanswered questions. Who is she really? What kind of person is she? These questions are much larger, grander questions and she recognizes that perhaps a more pertinent question should be can she defeat Amelia Blythe for the SCW Television Championship next week on Breakdown? This is her opportunity to get one step closer to status of Supreme Champion, the one remaining goal she has in this company.

The British Bombshell is snapped out of her reverie when she sees the familiar vehicle her husband drives, a crimson red 2022 Ford Fusion hybrid, slowly coming to a stop so it can make its turn into the driveway. Glory smiles as she watches it come to a stop. Immediately the passenger side front door opens and the familiar figure of the dark haired Fiona Logan leaps out of the car and comes rushing over. Fiona is wearing torn denim jeans, black boots, and a black “Black Sabbath” t-shirt. Braddock rises up from her seated position in time to greet her adopted daughter with a warm embrace.

“Mom!”

“It’s great to see you, Fiona. Where’s Mel?”

“I think she’s with Clyde.” Fiona says, referring to Clyde Sutter, the man who is dating Glory’s oldest daughter Melinda Braddock. The British Bombshell sighs and nods her head.

“That’s ok, babe.” Kurt says as he approaches his wife and pats her on the back. “Fiona has been doing great from what she’s told me on the way home.”

“Oh yeah?” Glory asks with a renewed sense of curiosity. “How are things in St. Louis?”

“The independent scene has been awesome.” Fiona says excitedly. “You and dad were right, it really is best to get started on the independent scene rather than jump into the deep waters of a global promotion. Sure, there have been ups and downs, I won some big matches, I lost some close ones, and I even got screwed a couple of times. But overall, I have learned so fucking much!” Fiona covers her mouth when she realizes that she dropped an F-bomb. “Sorry.”

“Just don’t say it around Dawn. Alright?” Glory asks. Fiona nods her head.

“Will do.”

“Anyway, I am happy to hear that you are doing so well and you are learning so much.” Glory motions to the front door. “Now your old room is ready for you if you want to go ahead and move your stuff in.”

“Yeah. I’ll get right on that!” Fiona quickly rushes on past Glory and Kurt and enter the home. Glory chuckles when she hears the front door slam shut. She looks at Kurt and smirks. “Kids. So much damn energy.”

“She’s a lot like you. You know?” Kurt points out. “Strong willed. Just wants to have fun. At least, that’s how you used to be.”

“Yes, I know.” Glory sighs deeply as she sits back down. Kurt finds another chair and sits down next to his wife, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. “I miss those days. I miss the days when I just wrestled because I enjoyed it, because I was passionate about it and not because I had to have another notch in my belt or another trophy for my mantle. There are days I envy Fiona. She is doing this for the right reasons.”

“It isn’t too late for you, Glory.”

“I know that.” She nods her head. “And believe me, I am trying very hard. Some days are just more difficult than others.”

“Are you still having trouble getting over your mom’s passing?” Kurt asks. Glory nods her head.

“That is part of it. But after talking to Angelica [Jones], I realize that the pain will never fully go away. It is a matter of coping with the pain and trying to move on. I am doing better about coping.”

“That’s good.” He kisses her on the cheek. “You had me worried, Glory. Heck, you didn’t just have me worried. So many of your friends and family were worried about you. All of us, we could tell that you had changed and not necessarily for the better.”

“And you were right. Every single one of you. You were all right. Do you want to say “I told you so”, Kurt?” Glory smirks. Kurt shakes his head.

“You know, as much as I would enjoy telling you that I told you so…” he shakes his head again “...I won’t do that to you.”

“Thank you for sparing me the humiliation.” She sighs deeply. “But yes, I had lost my way. I got myself involved with Floyd Ryan and his criminal enterprise, I let my fans and supporters in SCW down, I turned on a country that had been so good to me. I burned so many bridges, Kurt. How can I fix things? How can I repair those broken relationships?”

“You have nothing to worry about, babe.” He insists. “Wrestling fans are very forgiving.”

“I know.” The blonde nods her head. “That’s one reason I love this job. The fans are the best fans in the world and you’re right, they are forgiving. But earning their forgiveness is the easy part. I need to be able to forgive myself and that is NOT going to be easy.” Tears begin to form in Glory’s eyes. Kurt squeezes her tightly close to his chest to comfort her.

“We all make mistakes.”

“I thought that I had turned a corner. I thought that I had made some inroads and progress. I was ready to forgive myself. But then last week happened.”

“You mean Charlotte?” Kurt asks, referring to the Jacob Samson situation which he only learned after the incident. Glory nods her head in confirmation. “But you did the right thing.”

“Yes, I did the right thing. I stopped humiliating him, I got him a good legitimate job at my company, I did the right thing but only after I was confronted by Charlotte. Had she not told me off I would have been that same petty vengeful bitch to this day.” Glory runs her hands through her hair out of frustration. “I realized then that this journey to forgiving myself would not be easy. But I know that in order to forgive myself I need to first remind myself who I am. I don’t want to believe that I am a petty, spiteful, power hungry bitch, but over the past few months that is the only person I have been.”

“Well I will tell you that are NOT that kind of person.” Kurt insists. “A petty, spiteful, power hungry bitch would not have adopted Fiona. She would not have went to such great lengths to rescue her from a dangerous foster home situation, to rescue her from a dangerous alcoholic foster father, and she definitely would not have devoted so much time and resources to helping her achieve her dream of becoming a wrestler like her idol…” Kurt winks “...you remember who her idol was, right?”

“Yeah. It was me.”

“And you still ARE her idol, but even more so now because of what you have done for her. Fiona is living breathing proof that you are not the awful person you think you are.”

“I think you’re right.” Glory nods her head. “But still, I need to rediscover all of that, I need to remind myself of all that, and I need to do it myself.”

“What do you have in mind?” Kurt asks with an arched brow. Glory shrugs her shoulders.

“I don’t know.” She sighs. Kurt leans over and kisses her on the cheek.

“Well whatever you decide, I know you will be great. I know you will be fine and you do NOT have to do it alone. I will be there for you.”

“Thanks, Kurt.”

==========
February 23rd, 2023
Oklahoma City, OK
On Camera
==========

The sun is shining brightly on this hot, humid day in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. We see an overhead shot of the magnificent site of the Paycom Center. Just then we cut to a ground level shot and the Paycom Center is off in the distance, in the background. It isn’t long after that the camera spots “The British Bombshell” Glory Braddock entering the view from the right. Braddock is wearing denim jeans, white sneakers, and a plain purple t-shirt. Her long blonde hair is pulled into a ponytail in the back. A pair of sunglasses cover her eyes.

“What you just saw was a taste of history, specifically the history of sports in Oklahoma City. Whether you are talking about hockey, the Big 12 Basketball Tournament or the Thunder in the NBA, so much sporting history has gone down in this building behind me. So much sporting history is contained in this building. Even more history will be made not long now in this building behind me when Supreme Championship Wrestling comes rolling into town for Breakdown to make some history of their own.” A low, soft chuckle escapes her lips. “History. That is one of many things I forgot the past few months. I forgot about the past and when you do not learn from the past you are doomed to repeat the past. So it is no wonder that I ended up making some mistakes and forgetting who the hell I am.” Braddock shakes her head.

“That has come to an end. I know who the hell I am. I am Glory Braddock and I am passionate about this sport. I am passionate every single damn time I set foot inside of a wrestling ring because to me, wrestling is sacred. Wrestling is about combat and competition between two warriors trying to see who is the best. That’s what any sport is and should be about. Talk to any of the sports teams that have competed in the arena behind me, those players will tell you that what we do is about the spirit of competition. It is also about proving people wrong when they tell you that you cannot win.” The British Bombshell holds up four fingers.

“It has been a little over four years since I signed with Supreme Championship Wrestling. When I thought about making my debut, when I was still negotiation my contract with officials in SCW, I had people in my ear planting doubts in my head about whether or not I could hang in SCW. Sure, Glory Braddock did well in some other promotions, but SCW is a step-up in the level of competition. Can Glory do it? Can she keep up? Even my own family, even Angelica Jones was not certain that I had it in me.” Braddock smirks. “But that kind of doubt from my own friends and loved ones just provided more of a motivation. It created a new challenge for me because now I wanted to prove them wrong. If SCW really was a step up, then I wanted to prove that i could step up my game and be just as successful there as I have been anywhere and everywhere else I have been. Now, a little more than four years later, I am a former Adrenaline, United States, and World Champion in SCW. I have won back to back Trios Tournaments. I could leave the company now and I already have a career worthy of Hall of Fame discussion.” She smirks knowingly.

“But I am NOT done yet! There is still one more challenge on the horizon and that is the Supreme Championship. This is my next challenge, not because I want to more of an ego boost but just because I want to test myself. I want to see if I can do this and continue to prove people wrong. I only need the Tag Team Titles and the Television Title. Or the Tag Titles and the Underground Title. I achieve that, and I achieve Supreme Status. That is my goal. That is the challenge I have laid down for myself. And I am really happy to see that my quest for Supreme begins with the Television Title.” Braddock points a finger at the camera.

“That brings me to you, Amelia Blythe. You have one of the things that I need. I don’t just want this because I am some gold hungry selfish hog like so many other greedy blokes in this business are. I need the SCW Television Championship. The Television Title represents far more than just a mere stepping stone, the way some look at it. Some mock it and parade it around like a joke. My own cousin, Kim, I love her to death but even she threatened to urinate on it and threatened to set it on fire. Your predecessor, Amelia, the bitch Polly, she turned it into a bloody game. She turned it into a comedy routine. I hope and pray that you will take the Television Championship seriously, Amelia. I hope and pray that you will not be like some of the former Television Champions of the past who turn this into a big game or a joke. This championship is no joke to me. It is the championship of someone with a true warrior’s heart.”

“What is it that everyone says after they win a title? They say that they want to be a fighting champion. That’s all well and good, I suppose, but when I won the United States Championship at Apocalypse, Shaun Cruze didn’t make me defend it until Under Attack. When Kim retained the Underground title at Under Attack, no one made her defend the title again until Body, Heart, & Soul.” She shakes her head. “But you don’t get that kind of convenience, Amelia. As the Television Champion you have to be ready to defend each and every week on Breakdown. You got only ONE lucky break from a title defense and that was because you happened to win the title on the Breakdown right before Body, Heart, & Soul. Now your marathon begins. Just think back to some of the record holders in the Television Title division. Kennedy Street and Autumn Valentine are two names that pop into my head as two of the all time greatest Television Champions. They were seemingly unstoppable. Can you match that kind of stamina and endurance each and every Breakdown? You must if you want to make sure your title reign isn’t a one and done. You must keep going and going like that damn energizer bunny, you have to fight each and every week against whoever is the lucky draw.” The British Bombshell motions to herself.

“I just so happen to be the lucky draw this week. And for you that is very unlucky. Sometimes you get someone very green and very new. Sometimes you get a grizzled veteran who is still very deadly. This time you get one of the very best mat technicians in the world today. This time you get The British Bombshell. And when I say that I want to be a fighting champion, damn it I MEAN IT!” She takes her sunglasses off and casts them aside. The camera catches a very good look at the intensity in her eyes. “The Television Title is the title I had hoped would come first in my quest for Supreme because the demand, the challenge, the difficulty of defending it every single Breakdown is a challenge that I crave. I want to put my body to the test in that manner. It is something I have never really had to do in my career.” She shakes her head. “I have done many incredible things in my career, I have achieved so much, but one thing I have never done is the marathon of defending a title once a week every week for as long as I can go until I am beaten. So when I talk about challenges and testing myself, winning and KEEPING the Television Title is just as tough and difficult as the challenge of getting to Supreme. And I love a good challenge.”

“But are you ready, Amelia? Are you up to the task of running this marathon against The British Bombshell?” Braddock shrugs her shoulders. “I honestly don’t know. You obviously have the talent and the potential to get through me. You proved your worth just by winning the title. As annoying as Polly Playtime is, and she is VERY bloody annoying, she is just as talented as she is annoying. Beating her is a feather in your cap and by beating you became Television Champion. But the question remains, can you keep your focus on the task at hand? For starters, you and your partners came back as a TAG TEAM to be Tag Team Champions. Light in the Darkness, right? I assume if I continue my quest for Supreme we will run into each other again in tag team competition. But tag team is your specialty. Are you going to have divided loyalties? Loyal on one hand to the Television Title and loyal on the other to the tag team division? To run this marathon successfully you need one hundred percent of your attention on the television title. Just ask Kimberly. She was working with her twin sister Marie as part of the Twin Magic duo. But Kim got lucky and ended the longest reigning TV Champion’s run, she ended Autumn’s run, and she ended up losing it on her second defense to Dawn Lohan. I don’t mean to discredit Dawn, but I would be willing to bet that if Kim didn’t have her sister Marie to worry about, that outcome and her reign as TV Champion might not have been so anticlimactic.”

“There is one more problem…ME! I am your biggest problem and your biggest threat, because I will do whatever is necessary to walk away one step closer towards the Supreme Championship.”
[Image: qyA5u6K.png]
SCW World Champion 1x
SCW United States Champion 1x
SCW Adrenaline Champion 1x
SCW Television Champion 1x
SCW World Tag Team Champion 1x (w/Brittany Lohan)
Supreme Champion
2019 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Regan Street & Kellen Jeffries)
2020 Trios Tournament Winner (w/ Ace Marshall & David Helms)

Messages In This Thread
Glory Braddock vs. Amelia Blythe - by Konrad Raab - 02-21-2023, 02:19 AM
RE: Glory Braddock vs. Amelia Blythe - by Braddock - 02-24-2023, 07:01 AM