The Light in the Darkness vs. Polly Playtime & Aisling
4 RP Limit

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET SATURDAY, March 11, 2023 (Act like show takes place on Friday)
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
It was over...

Amelia couldn't help but sigh in disappointment as she and Luz made their way through the backstage area, her thoughts already starting to spiral into the abyss even with Luz holding her hand and using her thumb to gently rub circles into the back of it as a means of trying to comfort her.

Amelia had experienced the painful song and dance of having a title run come to an end before. The SCW Television Championship was far from her first taste of gold in the business, after all, and she had no plans on it being the last either. It was always a bitter pill to swallow that would fade with time, especially once she had more matches under her belt to rebuild herself for the next opportunity that awaited her. The fact that she actually knew what that opportunity was already was a nice change of pace, but she had tried her best to prepare herself for the challenge that awaited her tonight and fallen short, which was bothering her more than she wanted to admit mostly because of the woman walking right beside her.

When she had told Glory Braddock that being TV Champion had meant just as much to the couple as a team as it did to just her, she hadn't been lying. Winning that title had felt like the jolt they needed to believe they did belong in the mix around here and had gone a long way in motivating them into the performance they had in that historic twelve-person tag match at Body, Heart & Soul. The idea that they may not even have an opportunity at the Tag Team Titles on the horizon had it not been for that TV Title win loomed large at the forefront of her thoughts, sparking the fear that losing that belt in her very first defense was a bad omen of things to come. In the back of her mind, she could hear the voice of Polly Playtime screaming about how her reign had been better and Amelia was now to blame for something she had begged her to not allow to happen. That voice inevitably gave way to the voice of her mother, scoffing in that haughty manner she always carried before chastising her about her title reign having lasted longer if she didn't have Luz to burden her before it began to echo some of the things Glory had said to her leading into this match.

“Hey, mi amor, listen to my voice, OK? In for four, hold for seven, out for eight.”

Luz's voice managed to cut through the raging maelstrom of thoughts and she followed the command as though she were on autopilot, knowing that she could always trust her girlfriend's word on something. After a few cycles of the breathing technique, the intrusive thoughts had quieted but still lingered on the edge of her thoughts. It was at this point that Amelia realized they had made it back to their locker room and Luz had led her over to one of the benches and sat the both of them down.

“How are you feeling?” she carefully asked.

“Better...” Amelia admitted.

“I saw you were starting to spiral a bit and hurried us back here to our little safe space as fast as I could,” Luz told her. “Centavo for your thoughts?”

Amelia took a deep but shaky breath. “I think I'm just overwhelmed by losing the TV Title tonight... Glory's words to me leading up to this match make me feel like I let you down because she defeated me after everything I told her about what that title meant not just for me, but for us. Combine that with what I know is probably going to happen when Polly gets a chance to open her mouth after she told me to not let this happen, and the whole thing with my mom and whatever she's up to now, knowing far more about me than she really should considering how much I've tried to go no contact with her...”

“If I may?” Luz offered, and Amelia took a second to process before she nodded in understanding at Luz asking for permission to interject her own thoughts. “First off, chinga tu madre. You and I both know that woman is incapable of caring about anybody other than herself and maybe your dad because of what she married into. She likes playing these games and acting like she has any sort of upper hand over everybody because it makes her feel more powerful than she actually is, but she has no control over your life anymore and never will. You are an adult, you are your own person, and if she thinks she can just insert herself back into our lives without resistance then she's not as brilliant as she thinks she is. I don't know how she got her hands on info she really shouldn't have or what she's trying to get at this time, but we'll figure it out and beat her together.”

“R-Right...” Amelia agreed, a bit taken aback by how aggressive Luz was getting on this matter but not arguing with how effective it was. She was the one who had helped show Amelia that emotions were not a bad thing, after all, and it was Luz's more emotional approach to everything that often helped to keep her from putting those walls back up when things were no longer going her way, especially if her mother was to blame for it.

“As for the others?” Luz continued. “Yeah, Glory could have certainly been kinder about it, but she did have a few points and you can use those to improve for the next time you guys meet. If you want my honest opinion, and I promise I'm being unbiased about this despite being your girlfriend... she's been doing this for far longer than we have and accomplished far more in her career, and you still went hold-for-hold with her until the very end. You left an impression on her, one that she would be wise not to forget the next time around because tonight was anyone's match to win, and you're only going to get better the longer we keep at this. She was better tonight, but that doesn't mean that will always be the case. Heck, I doubt she would've shaken your hand if she didn't respect the fight you just gave her, regardless of who came out on top.”

Amelia couldn't help but wipe a tear from her eye at the pep talk Luz was giving to her, especially as she stood up and got more animated with it in that way that only she could.

“And as for Polly? Last I checked she hasn't been able to beat Glory either, and had she retained against you and been the one defending that title out there tonight, it wouldn't surprise me if she failed to do the same thing she begged you to prevent. Like it or not, Glory is one title away from Supreme Champion status, and that title she's missing means there's a pretty good chance we'll be seeing her again sooner rather than later out in that ring. I think Polly's just jealous that you ended her reign because she couldn't handle your best even in a ball pit and that you got closer to beating Glory on your first solo attempt than she ever has, and you know we'll only keep adapting and evolving from here. Let her say whatever she wants to say... until she beats you or me in the ring, her words are just that at the end of the day.”

The moment Luz finishes her big speech, Amelia practically throws herself into a big hug with the widest grin Luz has seen from her partner yet. She happily returns the hug as the two just stand there, basking in each other's presence as Amelia lets Luz's words settle in and start fighting off the intrusive thoughts that had plagued her just minutes prior.

“Thank you, Luz...” Amelia manages to choke out.

“No need to thank me, hermosa,” Luz replied as she leaned over to kiss Amelia's tear-stained cheek. “We're in this together, no matter what form that takes. I refuse to let you fall back into that old headspace of yours that your parents cultivated because it's what best suited them and them alone, and I know you'll always do the same for me. It's why we make such a great team both in and out of the ring. Now, how about you get cleaned up, then we just chill watching the rest of the show before meeting up with Ivy and Gage to plot our next course of action?”

Amelia couldn't argue with that as she proceeded to take a nice, relaxing shower while Luz turned the show on and even briefly dipped out to grab some snacks from catering to try and create the most comforting atmosphere she possibly could out of their locker room. As Amelia stood under the hot water and embraced the peace and quiet, she couldn't help but think about how much better both her life and career had become once Luz had become a part of it. That ended up causing her thoughts to wander to Luz's own life, leaving her baffled as to why anyone would have an issue with her growing up. Sure, she had her quirks but so did anyone you would meet in life, and she always went out of her way to be so genuinely kind that the idea of anyone hating her for being helpful or even trying to use it for their own purposes just felt downright disgusting to her. Given how much of a hero Luz's father had been because of the culture around lucha libre made the idea of anyone trying to use her to get into his good graces leave a very vile taste in her mouth because it went so much against the kind of man she had heard he was.

The matter of Luz's mother was also one that set fire to her nerves. From what she had heard from her girlfriend, Dr. Camila Nevado had been a loving mother for the most part when she was growing up, aside from what seemed like understandable concern about her daughter taking part in a sport that had definitely taken a toll on her husband that led to them butting heads in a manner that, to an outsider like Amelia, were reasons that seemed to make more sense the more one understood how much reverence lucha libre had in the culture of Mexico. The fact that she had completely closed herself off the way she did after she lost her husband, to the point where she'd been quite harsh in the few times Amelia herself had met the woman, clearly bothered Luz more than she tried to let on at times.

There was a clear difference that Amelia would never ignore, however: Camila Nevado's attitude could easily be attributed to her grief over losing her husband and fearing her daughter was going to end up having that same fate befall her by following in his footsteps, a matter that she believed could be resolved if they could find a way to get the two to simply talk things out like rational adults. Ophelia Blythe was simply a cruel woman who only saw her own children as tools to further the family name and nothing in this or any lifetime would ever change who she was or create any opportunity for a proper mother-daughter relationship.

Amelia could only hope that an opportunity would present itself to allow Luz and her mom to repair that broken bridge... she deserved to have a loving parent back in her life just as much as Amelia deserved to be as far away from her toxic parents as possible.

Once she finished her shower, the couple spent the remainder of Breakdown cuddling on the bench and watching the show as they enjoyed the snacks Luz had fetched for them. There was nothing they could gain that would help them for Retribution since the Frosts had the night off doing work for Make-A-Wish, but they respected that noble endeavor. Perhaps the only noteworthy thing that really stood out to them was Polly falling short in her attempt to dethrone Bree for the Adrenaline Title, which brought a smile to Amelia's face as Luz couldn't resist reassuring her that if Polly tried to give her a hard time over her result tonight then she really didn't have much of a foundation to build from. Seeing the stunt James Evans pulled on Datura afterward, though, certainly gave them something to talk about as they made their way out to the parking lot.

“Can you believe that was the same guy who's been trying to use us as his example of how things should be around here for the past several weeks?” Luz couldn't help but ask.

“I get that he's got this whole thing against excessive violence he's trying to preach, but there's better ways to make that point than what he pulled tonight,” Amelia noted.

“I mean, we've made our own point perfectly fine just by getting in that ring and doing what we do best,” Luz shrugged. “Nothing more, nothing less, and no zip-ties needed.”

“I really hope Bree and Datura know that we weren't the ones out there helping him or condone that whole stunt,” Amelia added. “Next time we cross paths I want a proper match with them, not some crusade of vengeance when we've been just as iffy on James's support of us as they have about whatever message he's trying to send.”

Luz opened her mouth to respond to that as the two reached their car and began to load up their bags, but she stopped when she caught movement out of the corner of her eye. She turned, expecting it to be their friends coming to meet up with them, but her smile faded as instead the person approaching them was some guy they had never met before. She had to admit that he looked pretty handsome, but she already happily had a girlfriend and something about this guy and the way he was approaching them was giving her a bad feeling that immediately offset whatever looks he clearly wanted to be noticed. Amelia, who had no such thoughts in her head about him, was the first to address him.

“Can we help you with something?”

“You certainly can, gorgeous,” were the first words out of his mouth in a semi-thick British accent, and both girls immediately cringed at the look he was giving Amelia. “I saw you had a spot of trouble out there tonight and felt awful that a wrestling goddess like yourself got screwed out of a rightful win by that talentless harlot. How about I take you out somewhere else and help you forget all about that injustice?”

Luz and Amelia just looked at each other, dumbfounded at the boldness of this man, before the latter finally responded. “I'm sorry, I'm sure you're a charming guy and all, but I'm afraid I'm just not interested. First off, I have a girlfriend who's standing right next to me, something you'd know if you were supposedly paying attention. And second, even if that wasn't the case, I'm a lesbian so I can tell you right now that there would never be anything between us.”

“Oh, don't worry about that,” the guy shrugged her words off way too easily. “Your mother said you were going through one of those phases and you needed a strong, handsome gentleman like me to help set you straight.”

Amelia's jaw dropped at the audacity of this statement, and knowing that her mom had something to do with why this guy was all the way out here harassing her was bringing all those thoughts of the woman from earlier back to the forefront of her mind. Instead of anxiety, though, all she could feel was anger. Before she did anything she might regret, however, Luz stepped between the two of them, making sure her lack of amusement at what he was pulling was clear on her face.

“Look amigo,” she told him, “I don't care what Ophelia has convinced you into believing, but Amelia's a lesbian and that means there is absolutely nothing you have or can offer that would ever convince her that she'd enjoy going on a date with you or anything beyond that. Furthermore, I think you missed the part where she already had a girlfriend, who happens to be standing right in front of you and would very much like for you to take a hint and go bother someone else.”

Luz may try to be a nice person who sees the best in everyone, but even she had her limits and this guy was starting to test them. She knew full well Amelia could stand up for herself, but given that she had wrestled tonight and Luz hadn't, not to mention the fact that he was trying to steal her girlfriend right in front of her, she was about to show this guy what happened if he kept trying to ignore their very clear boundaries. The guy simply gave her a confused look in return.

“But... you told me it was alright because you two weren't actually dating and it was just an act for the shows,” he claimed.

“¿¡Qué!?” Luz shouted. “I've never seen you before in my life, and even if I did I certainly wouldn't have said something as absurd and untrue as that!”

“But those were your exact words,” he continued. “Mrs. Blythe invited me backstage to a show in Britain to discuss me courting Amelia, and you were in the locker room of that new stable she's assisting with and told me everything, including giving me your own consent to pursue her.”

Luz looked gobsmacked by this claim, having absolutely no idea what the guy was talking about. Her composure started to slip and she got several words into a full-on tirade in Spanish before Amelia pulled her back into a hug and planted a gentle kiss on her cheek to help try and calm her down, in full view of the unwanted suitor. She turned to him with a look that clearly told him she was done with this.

“I don't know what you're going on about,” she sternly told him, “but Luz couldn't have been back in the UK to tell you anything because the longest we've been separated in the past several weeks was maybe an hour or two, nowhere near enough time to fly overseas to tell you something so utterly false and then be right back by my side here in the States. Even ignoring all of that, I'm going to tell you one last time that I'm not interested and never will be. So you can go back and tell my mom that she's wasting her time trying to find me a suitor when I already have someone in my life who loves me for who I am and is actually both my type and respectful of my sexuality.”

“Now hold on just a moment,” the guy started to respond, only to stop when he felt a firm hand on his shoulder. He turned and his eyes widened to see Ivy and Gage standing behind him, having heard enough of this conversation as the former had pulled off her coat for the latter to hold and she looked about ready to wire this guy's jaw shut.

“You have five seconds to get the hell away from my friends before I throw you like a javelin through the nearest windshield,” Ivy growled, and a quick once-over of what he was up against was more than enough for the guy to quickly turn tail and flee. She took a deep breath to recompose herself as she took her coat from Gage and began to put it back on.

“What the heck was that all about?” he asked the couple.

“I don't know,” Luz admitted. “The guy was hitting on Ames and wouldn't take no for an answer. He even had these bizarre claims that I actually met him before at a show in Britain and told him we'd broken up!”

“All I know is my mom is responsible for him coming all this way for that bullshit,” Amelia growled, “and flags don't get any more red than that. Whatever she's up to now, we need to figure it out sooner rather than later.”
[Image: VU13RwA.png]

Tag Team Record: 17-7*
La Pequeña Luz Solo Record: 8-5
Amelia Blythe Solo Record: 4-5-1

*The tag team turmoil on the 9/14/2023 Breakdown is counted in this record as the three separate matches LITD had in the gauntlet up until their elimination.

Breakdown 3/30/2023 - Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In
La Pequeña Luz: 3 Falls
Amelia Blythe: 2 Falls
*Neither one finished high enough to win any championships in this match
*Result listed separately and not counted in records due to lack of clarity on how to count falls

SCW Accomplishments
SCW Television Championship (Amelia Blythe - 29 Days)
SCW Television Championship (La Pequeña Luz - 98 Days)
SCW World Tag Team Championship (81 Days)
SCW World Tag Team Championship [2] (Current)
2023 Tag Team of the Year
2023 Match of the Year (Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In)
Season 3 / Episode 39 / And You Think I'M Bad?

[Image: seriously-dove-cameron-liv-and-maddie-li...456247.gif]
With the next Breakdown set to take place in San Diego, it made the most sense for Luz and Amelia to head back home for a change. From their house in Anaheim, it would only be about a two-hour drive to Viejas Arena to have their first proper two-on-two tag team match since the start of the year. Teaming together at Body, Heart & Soul had been nice, but the issues of trying to work with four other people who had very different agendas and philosophies than they did was clearly abundant during that match. Here, they would only need to watch each other's backs as they sought to build momentum for their impending Tag Title opportunity at Retribution against the House of Frost. Being able to return home beforehand went a long way in helping them to refocus and push themselves past any doubts accumulated from recent weeks, creating what they hoped was a fresh start mentally to build on.

That is the reason we find the couple enjoying a peaceful moment that's almost become a bit of a routine for them to help clear their heads for the day ahead whenever they're home. The two of them are standing together out on the balcony, gazing out at the rising sun of a brand new day as they lean against one another, their fingers intertwining. The fact that they're both still in their pajamas doesn't matter to them because they know their message will be loud and clear regardless, especially given who they're facing. The golden glow of the morning illuminates both of them as they exchange a soft kiss before Amelia takes the initiative.

“I know what everyone is waiting to hear, especially a certain someone who I'm sure has a lot to say, so let's address the proverbial elephant in the room. Yes, I am no longer the SCW Television Champion. I wasn't able to defeat Glory Braddock in what was my very first defense of the title. And you know what? I'm not ashamed to admit that. Maybe that comes as a surprise to a lot of you who have been chomping at the bit to throw shade at me about it, but the fact of the matter is that I went hold-for-hold with a woman who was not only trained in the same style of wrestling that I was but has been doing it for far longer than I have. I don't see any reason why I should be ashamed, especially since I came away from that match with a lot to look back on for the next time we meet, and trust me when I say that Glory and I will cross paths in that ring again at some point, of that I'm certain. The fact that I held that title at all is an accomplishment in and of itself to be proud of, and you know what they say: when one door closes, another opens.”

“I'm not going to sugarcoat it: Amelia and I were not expecting to get the news on that particular Breakdown that we were declared the number one contenders for the Tag Team Titles. Maybe we should have given that I did score the winning fall in that crazy twelve-person tag match, but we're never the kind of people to go out and make demands or lay claim to anything. The fact that we have that opportunity at Retribution is proof that management thinks we've earned it, and last week we were more than happy to make sure the Frosts understood that regardless of whatever this situation is about SCW potentially being under new ownership at some point. Ames and I came to SCW to wrestle against some of the best in the business, and that's exactly what we want at Retribution. No tricks, no ulterior motives, no games or distractions from whatever is going on around us... just two teams tearing the house down to show the world that tag team wrestling is alive and well.”

Amelia can't resist chuckling softly at Luz's words, knowing that while her partner's serious about what she said and she wholeheartedly agrees, they both know full well who's waiting for them on Breakdown probably hoping to play a game or two if it means getting her way and having her voice be heard. She can only sigh as she thinks over what she can expect to hear before Luz leans over to give her a gentle peck on the cheek as a silent reminder to not think too much about it.

“It's funny that my partner mentioned games considering who's going to be meeting us in the ring come Breakdown. Most people might come to expect Aisling and Colleen when they see they're facing the Playgirls Three in tag team action, but this time around Polly is throwing her name into the mix instead. To Luz and I, this isn't as much of a surprise as you may think, and I can almost guarantee you that Polly wanting a turn to team with Aisling has to do with two people in particular: Glory Braddock and myself.

Go ahead Polly, get it all out of your system. Gloat about how you had a longer title reign, take all the potshots you want about how I lost the TV Title in my first defense and chew me out for not being able to keep Glory from being one step closer to Supreme Champion status. Do you know what that accomplishes at the end of the day? Nothing. I've already accepted that I lost on that night and moved on because I can only continue to improve as a wrestler and as a person by learning from the past and applying those lessons to the present, not by dwelling on what happened and drowning myself in what-ifs. That's why both Cassie and YUYO have practically moved on from both their issues with you and the end result of that twelve-person tag match to each take a stab at one of the Frosts to make a case for why they should be next in line after us, that's why Chance Owens moved on from his loss to you to go straight to challenging for the U.S. Title, and that's why I'm not dwelling on either my victory over you to get that title or the recent match where I lost it.

Your issue, Polly, is that you dwell so much on past issues that you're too distracted to make the progress you so desperately want.

It's painfully clear that you haven't let go of the fact that you had a chance to become U.S. Champion back when Glory held that title because she brought you into her issues with Hudson and none of that came to pass. Your problems with her have almost become an obsession of sorts. I get it, you don't want to see her become Supreme Champion, but what are you doing to stop it? More importantly, why is it that big of a deal to you in the first place? You practically begged me to retain the TV Title, not because of any respect I'd have hoped to earn from you, but because it kept Glory from getting one step closer. I'm sure you were elated to see Colleen try to get that title back into your camp last week, but Glory managed to prevail over her as well. Glory is doing nothing but succeeding on her own merits, and it's becoming painfully obvious that you're jealous of all the success she's earned in all the time she's been in this company. Perhaps you could've had that same level of success... I mean, you did challenge for the Adrenaline Title that same Breakdown, after all, but Bree was able to overcome you. But while I at least try to respect the fact that you're being yourself, there does come a point where you can't provide the entertainment you're hoping to if you don't adapt to the landscape changing all around you.”

Luz nods in agreement with this, her smile practically fighting with the rising sun to decide which is more illuminating right now. She knows how close Amelia came to spiraling after she'd lost the title and it had taken some work to get her back to this point, but that's what made these two such an effective team. No matter how much you knocked them down, they would always help each other get right back up so they could work hard and earn that chance to try again.

“I wouldn't be surprised if Polly gets so fixated on her issues with my partner that she conveniently forgets that this is a tag match and Ames isn't the only one she's fighting come Breakdown. Allow me to properly introduce myself if that ends up being the case: the name's La Pequeña Luz, tag partner and girlfriend of the woman who ended your TV Title reign and the reason you and Aisling could also say you won at Body, Heart & Soul. That last fact, in particular, is pretty important because while I'm not going to deny the contributions that all of the Playgirls Three had in that match, it's the fact that I scored the winning fall and the two of us were the only ones left standing at the end of that match that is exactly why we were the ones chosen to challenge for the Tag Titles come Retribution, not any combination of the three of you. I earned that win for our team, so it only makes sense that we earned this opportunity because of it, just as you did earn an Adrenaline Title opportunity against Bree because our team won.

If, in the face of all of that, the two of you think you deserve that match more than we do, then here's your chance to get in the ring and put your money where your mouth is.

That said, I do have a bit of a problem with the clear hypocrisy on display from your little group if that's the game you want to play. Take a look at how this year has gone so far and realize that when Amelia had her TV Title shot, she never asked for it, just as we never asked to be declared number one contenders for the Tag Team Titles. Management thought we'd proven ourselves worthy of these opportunities and gave us those chances to see if we could capitalize on it, something we hadn't managed to achieve during our first run here. Meanwhile, look at everything you've had going for you girls within the past year... you earned a Tag Title opportunity but couldn't capitalize on it, so you spent weeks trying to use your numbers to bully the rest of the tag division hoping you could just put yourself right back in contention. Polly was given two opportunities to become U.S. Champion and wasn't able to make it happen, but shortly after that was when she got to have her TV Title reign while Colleen earned her own U.S. Title shot and also fell short. Then Polly's title reign ends and what follows that? An Adrenaline Title shot off the back of being on the winning team in a match that doesn't pan out, with Colleen also trying and failing to bring the TV Title back into your camp.

All of that tells me two important things:

One, you girls really have no room to complain because of the sheer number of opportunities you've had over the past several months that you can only blame yourselves for not capitalizing on.

And two, there's a bit of an imbalance I'm seeing which raises a few questions about you, Aisling.

Now, it would be easy to try and get under your skin about the fact that you don't seem to have had as many opportunities as the other two, but I'm not that kind of person. We've both had to sit through enough of that in the time before we came to SCW whenever one of us was in the middle of a solo reign, and I've been waiting for someone to throw that shot at me because of Amelia's TV Title reign. The fact of the matter is that we both know we're just as capable in that ring on our own as we are standing side-by-side and we support each other no matter what challenges come our way. The thing about you, Aisling, is that you haven't been shy about the fact that you're here mostly to have fun and flaunt what you've got, which... again, just like with Polly, all the respect in the world for at least being yourself, but if there are any issues about why no one else is taking you seriously or you're not getting those same opportunities as her and Colleen, then that might be your answer right there.”

“There's nothing wrong with enjoying what you do, and that's a big part of why Luz and I do this in the first place. But just like with Polly, if something's not working out then something definitely has to change, and sometimes compromises might have to be made. The two of us are very different people from when we first started out in wrestling because we understood that and, while it wasn't always the easiest choice, we've changed things up and adapted accordingly to make up for weaknesses that existed or allowed us to push past barriers to get to where we wanted to be. In your case Aisling, it may be as simple as proving that you can take this a little more seriously than you've shown thus far. Acting like you don't care when you really do only goes so far, and the longer you go without addressing that, the harder it becomes to actually tackle that issue when it becomes necessary.”

Amelia glances over at Luz after she says this, and the two lock eyes in silent conversation for a moment. Whatever it seems to be about, Luz nods in understanding before she speaks once more.

“If there's one thing we know for sure come Breakdown, it's that the Playgirls Three are going to do whatever it takes to get one over on us in a desperate bid to prove Polly's words right and gain support for their belief that maybe they should cut in front of us to challenge Selena and Deanna for the Tag Team Titles. We have no plans on playing any games this time, not when this match means crucial momentum for us and proving that we have what it takes to potentially walk into Retribution and achieve our goal of being able to stand at the top of SCW's tag team mountain together.”

“Polly, Aisling, I'm going to reiterate to both of you what I told Polly prior to our TV Title match several weeks ago: bring your very best to this match, because that's exactly what we're going to do and we already saw what happened the last time this was the case between our two sides. This match is about proving ourselves and sending a message to the Frosts that this is our time to shine and we're going to put every last ounce of our beings into becoming Tag Team Champions, and if you want any combination of your group to reach that point yourselves, this is your chance to make that statement. We don't plan on leaving Breakdown in defeat, though... not when the dawn of our greatest challenge to date is on the horizon and we need all the momentum we can get.”

With that, Amelia and Luz turn their attention away from us and back to the sun that's almost finished rising above the horizon as we fade out, leaving them to their peaceful moment together as they embrace their namesake and take their next step to being The Light In The Darkness, not just for each other but for SCW and its tag division as well.
[Image: VU13RwA.png]

Tag Team Record: 17-7*
La Pequeña Luz Solo Record: 8-5
Amelia Blythe Solo Record: 4-5-1

*The tag team turmoil on the 9/14/2023 Breakdown is counted in this record as the three separate matches LITD had in the gauntlet up until their elimination.

Breakdown 3/30/2023 - Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In
La Pequeña Luz: 3 Falls
Amelia Blythe: 2 Falls
*Neither one finished high enough to win any championships in this match
*Result listed separately and not counted in records due to lack of clarity on how to count falls

SCW Accomplishments
SCW Television Championship (Amelia Blythe - 29 Days)
SCW Television Championship (La Pequeña Luz - 98 Days)
SCW World Tag Team Championship (81 Days)
SCW World Tag Team Championship [2] (Current)
2023 Tag Team of the Year
2023 Match of the Year (Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In)