SCW Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royal
Katie Steward | "Her Breakup"

Downtown L.A. at Katie Steward's hotel room. Gigi Steward had just left the hotel room on not so very good terms with her adoptive mother. Katie finds herself on her bed feeling distraught. She ran from everyone because she didn't want no one to get hurt by her. All her crazy, insane ideas. Her artistry is the storyteller of being an actress and finding the best way to put on a show. She dragged her Brats to a place she thought she would never go. Now Gigi is angry with her. One of the closest people she would never want to hurt. Is feeling the worst of it.

"How are you feeling? If you want to cancel tonight I'll understand." Eli, Katie's date and someone she's apparently seeing now. He stands in the hotel room dressed in a nice tuxedo. Plans for some fancy arts dinner charity banquet.

"No, we had plans. I'll go get ready. I'm sorry, I just didn't expect she'll find me." Katie shakes her head. She should've known better. "She is a smart girl. Why wouldn't she have figured it out?"

Eli turns and leaves the hotel room to let Katie get herself ready for the night. Katie stands up off the bedroom and walks over to the mirror. She checks herself out. Some small tears shed a bit on her face, but she just wipes them away. Katie takes a breath, coming a bit more relaxed. She knows she can make things up with Gigi some time later.

There is a knock on the hotel room door. Katie spins around and sprints out of the bathroom to answer the door. Gigi must've come back wanting to talk. Katie opens the door. A woman stands there. Her head leaning down and a hat concealing her face from Katie's view.

"Hello?" Katie asks the mysterious woman standing in front of her.

They look up revealing themselves, Autumn Daniels. She looks her usually 'Don't Fuck with Me.' attitude. She pulls out a gun and aims it at Katie. It's all Katie can see and before she can react Autumn pulls the trigger. Katie feels the air being sucked out of her at the moment. She falls backwards collapsing on the floor of her hotel room. She closes her eyes and everything goes dark.

Katie springs a wake, the shock of being shot still in her head. She tries catching her breath, but she is too panicked and confused. She looks around the room, but can't make anything out. The room is too dark. To make things even more bizarre she lifts her hand, but doesn't get too far finding herself handcuffed to the table.

"Oh good, you're awake." A voice is heard inside the room. Katelyn Buehler walks through the darkness and sits down next to Katie. Katie checks out Katelyn's business attire suit. Definitely a different fashion choice from KAtelyn's usual clothes.

"Katelyn? What happened? Why am I here?" Katie questions her, but her mind also runs a mile a minute trying to think. "Wait, Autumn shot me! Am I dead?"

"She did that. Unbelievable. We'll talk to the judge about that abuse of power before we start things." Katelyn tells Katie although it doesn't help clear anything up.

"Judge?" Am I on trial? I know I kind of ran away from my responsibilities, but I had all the best intentions in doing so. I did it for anyone's sake." Katie starts to figure some things out. "Autumn shot me… Oh my Goddess, I am dead! This is my trials to see if I get into Goddess Heaven!"

"Kate, you're not dead. Autumn probably just shot you with a tranq. gun." Katelyn explains to Katie.

Katie remembers the night earlier, opening the door for Autumn. She remembers Autumn holding the gun. Piecing things together she notices the gun is different from the usual one. An orange tip on the barrel meaning it's non lethal. Autumn shooting her and now seeing a dart hit her followed by Katie over dramatic reaction of falling back to the floor. Autumn rolls her eyes. Suddenly Eli returns to check on Katie. He sees Autumn standing there with Katie on the floor. Autumn does the only thing she can think of and just tranq's him too.

"Oh my Goddess. She shot Eli too." Katie is shocked by Autumn's actions.

"Yeah, I don't think the two of you are going to work out anymore." Katelyn tries to comfort Katie and notify her of her breakup with a recent man.

Katie sits in her chair spinning a quarter around and back.Not much momentum she can get with being handcuffed. She 's just at a loss as even trying to get away from everything and starting anew and the craziness finds her and infects it.

Doors behind Katie are heard opening. Katie turns her head to see the back of the room lit up now. It's a backend of a courtroom. Paris Dannon walks in carrying a briefcase. She walks towards Katie and Katelyn.

"Oh, good my lawyer is here." Katie says out loud. Katelyn turns to her a little hurt.

"Did you want her for your lawyering?" Katelyn asks Katie as she looks ready to leave.

"What? She's not on our legal defense?" Katie questions Katelyn as she watches Paris turn and puts her briefcase down on the other table. "She's the prosecutor? Paris prosecuting me? She still blames me for thinking I was the one that murdered Robin."

"Kate, please don't admit your guilt in the courtroom. You thought having me as a lawyer is bad when my client is admitting things." Katelyn shakes her head in disapproval.

"I didn't admit anything. I didn't do it. It was a massive game of cat and mouse between me and my Goddess. Paris just blames me for it." Katie tries to defend herself.

Paris stands at her table, Katelyn stands up as well as the bailiff Autumn Daniels walks out and announces the Judge's arrival.

"All rise for the honorary Judge Brooks." Robin walks out and over to the Judge's bench. Katie goes to stand, but her handcuff wouldn't allow it and pulls her back into her chair. Katie just sits in her chair. Pulling herself closer to the table and placing her arms falls on it. She looks annoyed about everything right now.

"Case number one, Katie Steward vs. Brat Pack is now in session." Robin lifts her gravel and hammers it to begin the court case. "How does the defendant plea?"

Katie sits in her chair and listens to the case before. She's facing her Brats and all she can think about is the grief that she's put them through. Continuing down her path of blaming herself. It's why she tried to disappear. She knows she's guilty.

"We plead 'Not Guilty' and are already to prove these charges are completely false." Katelyn announces to the court. She looks at Katie and smiles. She's got her besties back. Unfortunately, Katie doesn't feel the same confidence as Katelyn does.

Paris sits over behind her table and laughs at the plea.

Katie grabs Katelyn by her arm and pulls her close. "Do you think you can win this? Can you beat Paris?" Katie asks Katelyn in a very concern tone.

"Of course, I got this. I stay up for the pass few nights binge watching Suits on Peacock. So I got a pretty good grasp on the law." Katelyn winks and nudges Katie, but it doesn't help Katie's confidences.

Judge Brooks  speaks to the court to get things underway. "Will Ms. Steward, please approach the chair and we can begin."

Katie takes a breath and lets it out. She looks over to Katelyn who eagerly nudges her along. Katie stands up and walks around the table. Paris watches her with a cold expressionless demeanor. Katie walks to the chair in the middle of the courtroom and takes her seat.

Paris stands and approaches Katie. She opens her mouth ready to give her statement to the court, but Katie interrupts her.

"Actually can I change my plea?"

A gasp is heard throughout the courtroom. Odd because the Brats are the only occupiers there. Just most of Katie's dramatics.

Judge Brooks bangs her gavel getting order back from the imaginary court. "Order, order. Ms. Steward the charges are very serious. Are you sure about this? Please take the time to consult with your lawyer."

"No." Katie answers the Judge. "I'm sure I want to change my plea. I am guilty. I've done things to all of you and I'm sorry for everything. I can't let it go this time."

Katelyn springs up from her seat. Rushing in to defend Katie. To try and change her mind and the courts. "Kate, you don't have to do this. They're the one over reacting to this, not you."

"Save it, Katelyn. She's right. She murdered Robin back in the noir arc and then turned a cursed blade on the rest of us just to serve her." Paris chrimes in with Katie's guilt.

Katelyn doesn't stand down. "Katie wasn't the one that murdered Robin. She was clearing her name after being wrongfully accused. Then she turned to the cursed blade and fell under its power like the rest of us."

Autumn steps forward and makes her case against Katie. "Just because you voluntarily gave yourself up to her doesn't mean anything. I swore I'd never serve another and she violated that."

Katelyn walks around the table. She isn't backing down. "Ok, sure that the last few months were bad, but Katie has done a lot for all of you. Autumn after that break up, The Brats took you in. Katie took you in. Judge, Katie's help you now have a brilliant, sometimes annoying son. Paris, you did love the chaos of being around the Brats, right?" Katelyn looks around at the Brats. Paris and Autumn don't look like they're going to budge and Robin keeps a calm non judgemental stance. "We've had fun and everything worked out in the end. We got ourselves back. Why does this have to tear us apart?"

"Katelyn, it's ok." Katie butts in. "I'm ok with this. It's what it should be."

"Kate…"

Judge Brooks bangs her gavel getting the attention of the court. "Katelyn I understand your concerns, but it doesn't outweigh those held by Paris and Autumn. Yes, we had a lot of fun being The Brat Pack. A lot of great moments, good moments and some bad moments. If Katie wish to go her way in this then this is how it should be."

Katelyn looks defeated as she looks at Katie. Katie mouths "I'm sorry" back at her.

So with that, Katie is guilty and now faces her punishment. Katie stands up from her chair and turns facing the Judge. Katelyn stands behind her table and Paris and Autumn stand behind the other.

"Katie it is not without any pleasure that I have to announce, but it is for everyone's best interest. With your Guilty plea. I put down the sentence of dispanment and banishment. You will now hand over your phone for the deleting of our contacts.

"What?" Katie heard the sentence against her. She can't believe it. The Brat Pack breaks up right in front of her. It's what Katie wanted. She ran from them wanting to break away so she wouldn't hurt them again, but watching it happen now she can't believe it.

Katelyn walks over to her and hugs Katie tight, not wanting to let go. Paris and Autumn walk over and take Katie's phone from her and delete their information so Katie is cut off from them.

"Ok, Katelyn, it's your turn." Paris says as Autumn hands the phone over to her.

"No." Katelyn putting her foot down.

Robin walks over taking off the Judge's robe and tossing it aside. "This is what we all agreed upon Katelyn." Robin takes the phone and deletes her information. Including Facebook, Katie wouldn't be able to even be updated with Robin's son. It only breaks Katie more.

Robin hands the phone to Katelyn. She takes it and holds it for a few seconds. Looking at the Brats and then at Katie.

"I tried to warn you." Katelyn deletes her information and hands the phone back to Katie. "I love you."

It is now completed. The trial of over and the Brats all leave Katie alone. She is now thrust out onto the LA streets.

Outside on the sidewalk, Katie stands around near a building where she just got the worst news of her life. Maybe she should go back inside, maybe she can plead her case. She really didn't think that the Brats would disband, or cut off all contact with her. Though why is she broken up this much? It is what she wanted. She didn't want to hurt them, so she tried leaving them and she's gotten what she wants. Guess maybe there was always a chance of redemption. Katie shakes her head and gets her senses back. She looks around the empty street. She brings out her phone to make a call. She looks through her now Bratless contacts and finds another familiar number, Gigi's. Gigi is upset with her, but after her night. She has to have some heart for forgiveness in her. Katie hits a call so they can come and pick her up and also probably have a talk about things.

Katie waits around for about a half hour and finally her ride pulls, The passenger side window rolls down and Katie's friend, Gina Pierce leans over looking out the window. "So how bad of a story do you have to tell this time?"
Katie tries to ignore Gina's question as she goes to get into the car. Katie leans back in the seat, resting her head on the headrest.

"So what happened?" Gina asks Katie again. She watches Katie sitting there in the passenger collecting her thoughts.

“Nothing. Just a really bad break up. One of my longest relationships I’ve had is now over. I’m not sad about it. I’m just in shock that it’s over. You know?” Katie starts to feel a little bit of clarity about things.

“That really sucks, Katie. I’m sorry.” Gina plays the sympathetic friend to Katie. “Where do you want to go?”

“I just want to go home.” Katie rolls her head looking out the window. Gina sits in the driver's seat. She doesn’t move waiting for a more clear answer from Katie. “Home. I want to go home. My home and I want to go to sleep.”

“Of course.” Gina smiles at Katie and she starts her car up and drives off heading back to their neighborhood.

Gina’s car pulls up to Katie’s home in Los Angeles. Katie gets out and walks around the car walking up to her gate.

Gina rolls down her window to talk to Katie as she watches her go to her home. “Katie, if you need anything, you know you can come right on over to my house and talk.

“Thanks, but I think I’ll be just fine. I’m sure tomorrow I can find something new and move on to the next chapter.” Katie opens her gate and walks onto her property. Gina drives away and back to her own home.

Katie walks up her driveway to her front door. Catching her eye is an envelope taped to the door. She walks up and pulls the envelope off the door. Opening it up she removes a plane ticket for Milwaukee, WI. Katie looks confused and then disgusted wondering what kind of prank someone is playing on it. She slips the ticket back into the envelope and walks into her home to move on from the insane night of hers.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

So someone wants me in Milwaukee for Taking Hold of the Flame. It shouldn’t really be a mystery all that much. They all know what Taking Hold of the Flame means to me and how important it is for me to be a part of it. SCW Management just loves the star power I bring with me. Although I’m not really sure what this means for Katie Steward. I’ve not had the best mindset the last few months. I’ve taken things too far and paid the price for them. So I’m going to decline the offer from taking part in Taking Hold of the Flame this year.

It is all just a lot of time and effort to get ready for. Having to devote yourself through mind and body and like I said I’m drained on both fronts. So yeah I wish everyone the best of luck. I’m sure whoever wins it will go on and put on a memorable Rise to Greatness match and have their moment that is truly deserved. I have plenty of other endeavors to keep me occupied. I’ve got auditions lined up so I’m fine. No one probably doesn’t know the amount of work I put into this for myself. Really, I don’t care though. Doing my craft is the best relaxation I can have. Mentally clearing my head and just fall into a whole another persona. Being someone different. It is honestly exactly what I need right now. To be someone else. Though maybe that’s what got me into trouble to begin with. Nothing matters now anyways. I don’t have anyone to be hurt by my creative process and expression. I'm just going to fall into being the best actress I can be..

Things would be too unpredictable. Trying to fight my emotions and feelings. Driving me to that next level. I know how to play them. How to use them in a way that’ll drive me farther. No one can do what I can do. After feeling sad and lost over these past few months, maybe I need a character change. Maybe my mindset should switch to anger. Maybe I just need a place to take out my aggression. SCW has seen a lot of Katie Steward. They’ve had a lot of different varieties of Katie Steward over the last 18 years. Now I’m going to give you a brand new one.I’ll accept the invitation for Taking Hold of the Flame and also make the announcement that I’m retiring from acting. Katie Steward has a new career path ahead of here. Katie Steward is still going to look to have her name in the lights on the Rise to Greatness marquee. Now I’m going to do it from behind the camera. Katie Steward is going to direct the greatest story to ever be told. There isn’t a single person in SCW that can tell this story better than me. Everything that I’ve done and continue to do. Is to stride and be the best and at the end of this story. They’re all going to know who the real Katie Steward is.
[Image: 3zThvbB.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: SCW Taking Hold of the Flame Battle Royal - by Team Desire - 06-01-2023, 11:03 PM
“Too Hot To Handle!” - by Cassie Wolfe - 06-02-2023, 08:52 PM