“The Rebel Princess” Cassie Wolfe vs. La Luz Pequena
2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, June 21, 2023
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
OOC: Just as a note to keep the timeline here organized, the events of this RP take place while the last few minutes of the THotF battle royal through the remainder of the PPV are still in progress.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luz hated when she didn't know if things were going to be alright.

It was a familiar feeling that she despised with every fiber of her being because of how powerless it made her feel. Luz had a natural instinct to help people however she could, an instinct that was nurtured by her parents growing up because those kinds of people in the world were sadly becoming more and more rare. Considering her mother was a doctor and her father was seen all throughout Mexico as a real-life superhero, she fully embraced the belief that helping others was always the right thing to do and would forge connections that would become invaluable throughout her life when people knew they could trust in her.

Amelia was one such connection, and that's why it hurt so much more that there wasn't much Luz could do to help her right now.

The battle royal was no doubt wrapping up right now out in the ring, but Luz could care less at this point about who was still fighting for that World Title shot. Deep down, she had a feeling that she wasn't ready yet to pull off something like this, being able to survive until the very end and go on to main event SCW's biggest pay-per-view challenging for its top prize, but that didn't stop her from throwing her name into the fray anyway just to see how well she could do at this point in time. For all she knew, maybe she could've pulled something off that would at least set up something huge for her very first Rise to Greatness appearance. Sure, her only noteworthy accomplishment had been helping Amelia and a few others eliminate the new monster that Lucas Knight had brought aboard, but maybe she'd gotten somebody's attention in the brief time she'd clashed with them that could start paving her road forward.

Her prime concern was her girlfriend, who really shouldn't have been in the battle royal as much as it hurt Luz to so much as think those words. She did have just as much a right as Luz did of showing what she could do out there and try to earn that World Title opportunity... which made Luz nervous when she thought back to after the U.S. Title match earlier in the evening. Despite her best efforts, Amelia had ultimately tapped out and The Light In The Darkness had once again fallen short in a bid to get some championship gold to their name. She had been grateful that Amelia had chosen to give up on winning the title if it meant she didn't risk severe damage that would sideline her for a long time once again, if not cause permanent damage. That alone had been proof of how far her girlfriend had come from the days where she would fear her parents' reaction for tapping out as opposed to fighting through it until she found some way to turn the tables like they would have insisted. But fears of that mindset had still reared their ugly head when she insisted she'd be fine to still compete in the battle royal, which led them to now.

“Amelia...” Luz softly mumbled as she nervously paced back and forth in front of the trainer's room. The doctor had insisted that Luz wait outside so he could get a proper diagnosis on Amelia's knee, and as much as she understood why it didn't help her anxiety one bit. She hated that Amelia had still limped down to the ring and pushed herself at less than 100% even if she knew the lingering reasons why.

'It's not like I've been much better in that department...' she thought as she remembered back to some of the injuries she'd sustained in her career that she insisted on fighting through and only worsened the end result. Thankfully it had never ended up being anything too serious, but it was a side effect of how hard she pushed herself to step out of her father's impressive shadow and her tendency to bottle up her own issues while throwing herself full force into something else as a distraction from it instead of actually addressing it. She'd been getting better, especially now that her and Amelia's support system was growing, but she knew there were still things the two of them needed to talk about.

She silently pondered if Amelia was in that same boat, but that thought didn't get very far before the door opened and the doctor motioned for her to come in. She opened her mouth, but whatever words she was going to say died in her throat as she locked eyes with her girlfriend, who was sitting on the table with her leg extended and an ice pack strapped to her knee with medical wrap.

“No... mierda...” she finally breathed out.

“Thankfully, it's not as bad as it could've been,” the doctor told her. “Given how much her knee was targeted in that match earlier tonight, this is actually par for the course for someone pushing themselves through that a little harder than they probably should have. Competing again in the battle royal, even if it wasn't for too terribly long, certainly didn't help matters. It's still relatively minor, all things considered... she just needs to take a few weeks to let it rest and stay off it as much as she can. As long as she sticks to those instructions, she'll be back in the ring well before Rise to Greatness.”

“You can count on me to make sure she recovers properly,” Luz told him, even going so far as to salute him which earned a chuckle out of Amelia.

That was a good sign to her, at least.

“Good,” the doctor replied. “Amelia, you're free to go, though you might want to have Luz help you back to your locker room.”

Amelia nodded, staying silent as Luz supported her from the trainer's room all the way back to their locker room, even stopping every now and then so she didn't push her knee too much. Luz desperately wanted a conversation to start as her partner's silence was starting to get to her, but she fought off any fears that accompanied those thoughts by trying to mentally reassure herself that they could talk in the privacy of their locker room. Thankfully, it wasn't much longer before she was throwing the door open and helping Amelia inside, using her foot to kick it shut again before she got Amelia stretched out on the bench.

“Anything I can get for you?” Luz asked.

“You,” was the immediate and automatic response from Amelia, and her cheeks went red as she realized what she'd said as she coughed a bit to clear her throat. “Sorry, I mean... um... c-can we talk Luz?”

“O-Of course!” Luz quickly stammered out, eyes wide in surprise at Amelia's response. “What, um... what did you want to talk about?”

Amelia took a deep breath as she sat up, being mindful of her knee as she left it stretched out across the bench. “I think we both know there's a lot we need to talk about, both regarding what happened tonight and the past couple of days while we were apart. First off, I'm... I'm sorry about how things went for me tonight.”

“You know you don't need to apologize to me for that Ames,” Luz reassured her. “Honestly? I'm glad you tapped out when you did... it's a big step in the right direction for you compared to the Amelia I knew for so long who risked injury because your parents made you think you were some unbreakable machine and not a human being with physical limitations like everyone else. I'd have rather watched you tap out and let go of becoming champion tonight than win the belt and immediately send it back to vacated territory because you suffered some horrible injury.”

“Thank you Luz, but... that's not exactly what I'm apologizing for,” Amelia replied, and Luz immediately knew what she was talking about. “I should've listened to you... I was hurt and I'm sure SCW could've found some last minute replacement to take my spot. Not only did I make you worry when you shouldn't have needed to, but I feel like I cost you the chance to make your own impact in the battle royal because you had to worry about trying to protect me.”

“Hey, hey, none of that, alright?” Luz jumped in as she knelt down beside the bench and gently grabbed Amelia's head to make sure they locked eyes. “Look... I know tonight didn't go as well as either of us had hoped, but I wouldn't change what I did in that battle royal. I love you Amelia, and even if we weren't girlfriends you're still the first true friend I ever had. You mean so much to me and I'll always have your back.”

“I...” Amelia looked stunned as she struggled to find the words to respond with. “I talked with my siblings while you were back home finally sorting things out with your mom. I was just so worried about a rift forming between us because I had that opportunity tonight and I know you've been struggling to get anything going singles-wise... I think what I pulled tonight perfectly encapsulated my fear that we were maybe becoming... I don't know, a little too dependent on each other? My parents put Ed and Em in that same position, a-and you were the first real friend I had after losing Ivy.”

“Entiendo, Ames,” Luz said before punctuating her statement with a soft kiss on the forehead. “I'll admit that maybe I could've handled a lot of this better on my end... this is why we need to talk about our problems instead of trying to hide them, something we're both still working on. But as strong as we are apart, we're much stronger together, and I will never regret having you in my life Amelia. If people think we're getting too dependent on one another then we find a way to show them the truth. Whether it's together as a tag team or on our own, we'll prove ourselves and have the gold to show it soon enough.”

“You're right... we'll figure it out together, and we'll prove ourselves stronger than all the doubts and issues that still plague us and anyone who thinks they know our relationship better than we do,” Amelia nodded. “We're not perfect... but we'll figure it out anyways.”

“Exactamente,” Luz grinned.

The two of them spent the next little while getting changed and showered, with Luz needing to help Amelia given the state of her knee right now. They then watched and cheered as Selena Frost prevailed in the main event to become World Champion once more, filling one another in about the developments from when they were apart. Luz couldn't help but smile as Amelia looked happy about she and her mom finally patching things up and agreeing to work on fixing their relationship, though Luz did keep some details to herself.

After all, she didn't feel the moment was right to pop the question, not given how Amelia had gotten hurt tonight and knowing they both needed this talk to remind themselves of what all of this meant to them.

Amelia also shared what she and the others had learned from Lily's call, and the gears in Luz's brain were now turning all sorts of ways. On one hand, the fact that Caleb and Amelia's parents seemed out of the running in becoming the new owners of SCW just because Mr. D didn't care about their combined wealth if they weren't going to keep his vision for SCW alive gave her a lot of hope on that front at least, causing her to breathe a sigh of relief. On the other, what Amelia shared about a 'promise' Caleb had apparently made to her father along with whatever deal he and Aleister had unnerved her greatly.

“I hate to ask, especially since that trip was about you and your mom patching things up,” Amelia started to ask after she'd finished revealing everything she'd heard, “but... did you, by chance, ask her...?”

“About dad and whatever was going on between him and Caleb in their rivalry?” Luz finished, causing Amelia to nod nervously. “Well... kind of... my mom actually asked me about what she saw happen that night in the parking lot with the girl masquerading as me as well as Caleb's nephew and all their goons. I shared with her everything that we know so far and what we're doing about it... she's worried, and I don't blame her, but while she remembers a little bit about papá and Caleb being rivals in the ring, her guess about why that guy's got beef with me now is as good as ours or anybody else's. Now that we're talking again, I'm sure she'd have said something if she knew anything about a promise between them.”

“So a secret your dad took to the grave...” Amelia pondered.

“Seems that way,” Luz admitted with a huff. “I wouldn't be surprised if he thought doing that would protect me if Caleb actually did try anything... I take after him in a lot of ways, after all, for better or worse.”

“The 'worse' part in both of our cases is definitely at the top of the list of things we need to focus on after tonight,” Amelia offered as Luz grinned and nodded in response before she started getting all their things together with Taking Hold of the Flame now finished.

“And not only will we do it together,” Luz replied, “we have so many amazing people who are more than happy to help us out as well.”

“And we really need to stop forgetting about that,” Amelia admitted. The two went into silence for a moment as Luz focused on gathering up their bags before going to take them out to the car, but before she could do that Amelia's eyes widened as she reached out. “Wait, Lulu, speaking of forgetting, I almost forgot about what they said about your doppelganger!”

Luz froze before she could open the door and turned to look at Amelia with worry. “Valentina, I think she revealed her name was? What's happening with her?”

“I'm not exactly sure, but nothing good from what we heard,” Amelia said, to which Luz dropped their bags in response as she stared at her girlfriend intently. “Apparently she can still be booked to compete in Mexico but only if she stops pretending that it's you who's being booked, which defeats the whole reason Caleb was pulling that stunt with her in the first place.”

“With all due respect, that's the right call from the standpoint of lucha libre tradition,” Luz stated.

“Yeah, but...” Amelia paused to take a deep breath. “Apparently she was living on the streets or something before all of this and Caleb adopted her, gave her a home... all just to use her to pretend to be you in the ring. Why, we didn't find out, but since what happened that night kind of wrecked that whole plan of theirs, Caleb's deemed her useless.”

“So... she's being kicked out of The Empire?” Luz chanced asking.

“He never said exactly what his plan was, but he was heavily implying a lot worse than just kicking her out of his wrestling stable,” Amelia gravely told her partner, causing Luz's jaw to drop in horror. “His exact words were that she has a few more weeks to figure out how to fix what we broke so whatever his plan was can resume, and if she can't then she'll be 'dealt with accordingly.'”

Luz cursed in Spanish under her breath, not liking the implications of how Amelia worded that even if she hadn't heard the full context of that whole meeting. She really wanted to hope that this girl who'd been pretending to be her would just be out of a stable and that was it, but something about Caleb struck a nerve with her that he could and would do so much worse if it meant people would be afraid of him and unquestioningly do as he told them.

“We need something from Ryan sooner rather than later at this point,” she finally said. “I don't know what it is about this guy, but the more we know about him and what all he's exactly after, the more comfortable I'll feel trying to sleep at night knowing what exactly we're up against here.”

“I can try to get a hold of him since I'll be out of commission for a little bit,” Amelia told her, glancing down at her knee. “I know he was heavily involved in another case though, so hopefully everything's alright with that if he's been this silent on giving us anything to work with for roughly two months now.”

“We still need to do something about this Valentina girl,” Luz noted. “It's very clear now that she's not to blame for this stunt and she probably wouldn't have even done it if Caleb wasn't forcing her to. We need a way to safely sever her connection with The Empire...”

“Is there even any safe way to do that?” Amelia asked. “Not counting the fact that we still don't completely know what kind of nutjob we're dealing with, I don't know if we can even set anything up that would grab The Empire's attention so we can even get to her if she can't even be booked without pretending to be you.”

Luz's eyes suddenly lit up as Amelia's words became the foundation that she started building an idea on.

“I might have an idea...” Luz revealed. “It'll require a few calls to convince some people to make it happen, and I'd need to find a hole in SCW's build to Rise to Greatness to take on an extra booking, but there might be a way we make Caleb play into our hands and not only give this issue a poetic end but also get that poor girl away from him once and for all.”

“Are you sure?” Amelia asked. “I don't want to doubt you, mi amor, but considering everything we know implies he's her legal guardian...”

“Mamá has some connections through being a doctor that might be able to resolve that problem,” Luz told her. “I'm also taking a bit of a risk with this plan, but... risking my mask in a lucha de apuesta may be the only way to not only get them to take the bait, but also truly end her forced run pretending to be me once and for all.”

“You... you'd really take that risk?” Amelia asked as she started hobbling over to Luz, who quickly closed the distance so she didn't strain her knee too much. Amelia embraced Luz tightly, concerned for the gamble she was taking with this plan considering how much her mask meant to her as a luchadora.

“It's the only wager I can think of that Caleb would actually take,” Luz replied. “But this mask, this name... they mean everything to me, and if forcing Valentina to unmask is the only way to free her from those shackles and get her away from him, then I'll take whatever risk I need to save her.”

“...you truly are a one-of-a-kind soul Luz, and I love you so much,” Amelia finally said before pulling Luz into a tender kiss.

It wouldn't be easy, not by a long shot, but if her doppelganger's wrestling was primarily founded on training from Amelia's parents, then Luz already knew how to best prepare to lure The Empire into a trap and deal a significant blow to them. It wouldn't do enough to make them back off completely, but with any luck, costing them one noteworthy member would buy the two enough space to actually have some peace and relaxation for a change outside of SCW.

Given that Luz was hoping to propose to this amazing woman in her arms sometime soon, she felt a little bit of peace was the least they were owed at this point.
[Image: VU13RwA.png]

Tag Team Record: 19-7*
La Pequeña Luz Solo Record: 8-5
Amelia Blythe Solo Record: 4-5-1

*The tag team turmoil on the 9/14/2023 Breakdown is counted in this record as the three separate matches LITD had in the gauntlet up until their elimination.

Breakdown 3/30/2023 - Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In
La Pequeña Luz: 3 Falls
Amelia Blythe: 2 Falls
*Neither one finished high enough to win any championships in this match
*Result listed separately and not counted in records due to lack of clarity on how to count falls

SCW Accomplishments
SCW Television Championship (Amelia Blythe - 29 Days)
SCW Television Championship (La Pequeña Luz - 98 Days)
SCW World Tag Team Championship [2] (1 - 81 Days) (2 - Current)
2023 Tag Team of the Year
2023 Match of the Year (Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In)
Cass was back in action in SCW following her EWC debut and this time the teenage prodigy was taking on La Luz Pequena in singles action! Cass has had quite the rookie year but can Cass get the win?

Cassie’s home, Reno, Nevada
Tuesday the 20th of June 2023, 16:00pm

Last week was definitely a lot of fun.

In case you missed the memo? I’ve signed with EWC to wrestle on the Rampage brand, meaning that I’m going to be going international before you know it! But I still had my commitments elsewhere and that brought me to my next SCW Match.

La Luz Pequena, a wrestler from Mexico who wrestled in a mask and wrestled a high-flying style, in other words? Me and her were going to do some crazy shit on the way to the win and that was all that mattered.

Well, okay, getting a win would also help.

”Man, if EWC’s going to take me to places like Japan then I definitely made the right choice by joining up!” I commented as I thought back to my past week in Japan, my friend/fellow recent EWC signee Harper was using her Prime debut to take a vacation in Italy and if it weren’t for my wrestling commitments? I would’ve gone with them! But alas, SCW came a calling and I now had a match back here in the US. ”But I can’t let that distract me from my commitments to SCW and DCW.”

”Yeah, especially since your booked on Breakdown this week.” Becky nodded in agreement before I took a sip from my drink. ”At least your match against Pequena will be fun to watch!”

”Thanks for implying that my matches aren’t fun to watch!” I scoffed as I rolled my eyes and Becky grinned sheepishly, Zoey on the other hand paused Metroid Dread long enough to laugh. ”Et Tu Zoey?”

”Don’t worry, I agree with you Cass, I’m just laughing at your saltiness.” Zoey assured me and I grinned in response whilst Becky tried to return to her own game of Fire Emblem: Engage. ”Just remind us to grab popcorn for when you face Pequena!”

”That’s more like it.” I responded with a grin before thinking about something. ”Won’t be long until I turn twenty, or the first-year anniversary of my Hero Academy graduation.” I sighed to myself as I thought back to spending my birthday week on the other SCW’s Summer XXXTreme Cruise, sadly the dates didn’t match up for me celebrating my twentieth birthday this year, in fact the cruise was happening nine days before my birthday. ”Everything seemed so much simpler back then, I don’t regret my graduation but I do regret some of the things that have happened since then.”

”And if no wrestlers made mistakes, this sport would be a lot more boring, trust me Cass, you’re fine.” Becky assured me and I grinned in response as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”You’ll be okay in the year head, trust me!”

”and if not you’ll have us to help anchor you in reality!” Zoey assured us and I grinned in response, yeah, as brief as that pep talk was, it was effective and I felt ready for Pequena now.

How ready? Well, we’ll see.

Cassie’s room, Reno, Nevada
Tuesday the 20th of June 2023, 18:00pm

*promo time*

This will be fun.

”I’ve been called many things since I graduated from wrestling school last year, immature, a spoiled brat, a prodigy, shorty, I could go on and personally I’d prefer to be called “one of the best young highflyers in the world” but that’s just me! And this match in SCW will give me a chance to showcase those skills against a fellow highflyer this time from Mexico called La Luz Pequena, or Pequena as I’ll be calling her for the rest of this promo!” I started as I folded my arms. ”In other words? Expect some crazy shit to go down in that ring!”

Oh yeah!

”Pequena you are definitely a hell of a wrestler but I’ve got drive and passion to go with my wrestling skills for days! Not many other wrestlers can say that either!” I added as I leaned back in my chair. ”Especially wrestlers who aren’t even old enough to drink yet like me! Just one more year and no one will think twice about me going into a bar!” I added before laughing slightly. ”I mean, it hasn’t stopped me whenever I wrestled in places like London but still!”

But…….

”Honestly I think that it’s getting cliché to bring up the fact that practically every other wrestler in this business has a lot more experience than me, and I bet you fall into the same category Pequena! But whilst you call yourself “The Little Light”, thank you Google Translate, there won’t be anything small about how I beat you!” I stated as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”But at least I’ll have a lot of fun along the way!”

It’s that simple.

”I know people look at me like I’m just a kid, and whilst that is true, this kid is also one hell of a highflyer and I’ve got a good track record for proving them wrong as far as my highflying antics go, Pequena will just be my next showcase of my talents because in this business it takes two to tango.” I added as I grinned broadly.. ”And if that showcase leads to a win? Then that’s fine by me!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”I mean, come on, you guys gotta know how persistent I am by now and this persistence will pay off against Pequena!” I added as I folded my arms. ”And since my twentieth birthday is month I will gladly take this win as an early birthday present to myself! To all my fans? In a world of fake queens, be yourself and be a Rebel Princess and Pequena? I’m not about to risk butchering the Spanish language by trying to say my sign off in Spanish but you will find out why I’m Hungry Like the Wolfe!”

I turned off the webcam as the scene fades.
[Image: Cassie_Wolfe_Sig2.jpg?width=812&height=406]
We open up on a beautiful sunny day in the city of Memphis, although it's easy to tell that it's a hot one out today. Perhaps that's why we find ourselves at Shelby Farms Park, where many people can be seen with kayaks and paddle boats out enjoying the water. With playgrounds, zip lines and trails galore as well, it truly is a park that feels like there's something for everyone, and on a day like today, that makes it the perfect place to get some fresh air when you need it. That might be why we find La Pequeña Luz and Amelia Blythe sitting on the grass together, though their tanktops and shorts perfectly line up with the fact that we may have caught them in the middle of an outdoors workout today. The both of them take some time to stretch themselves out before Luz notices the camera and turns to initiate a hushed conversation with her girlfriend, though anyone who is able to pick up bits and pieces of it quickly realizes that it's in Spanish.

With an encouraging nod from Amelia and her arm motioning toward us, Luz rolls back before she kips up to her feet, taking a moment to wipe away some sweat as best as she can considering that she's sticking with strict lucha libre traditions regarding her mask even on a scorcher of a day like this. Amelia grabs a water bottle and tosses it to her so she can grab a drink and stay hydrated before she turns and moves closer to us, allowing our main focus to be on her while Amelia resumes stretching in the background, noticeably focusing most of her stretching on her knee. Luz takes a deep breath before we see her trademark smile cross her lips.

“So, it's been a while since you guys have gotten to hear from me, and in that time things have... well, they could've been better honestly. Taking Hold of the Flame didn't pan out so well for either of us, but what kind of wrestlers would we be if we let that keep us down for long? In all honesty, we both had a feeling that winning the battle royal wasn't going to be in the cards for us, not at this stage of our careers anyway, but that still didn't stop us from entering anyway and seeing how far we could go. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, after all, and while neither one of us may be main eventing Rise to Greatness, that doesn't mean we won't have a place on that show in some capacity. It's all about traveling that road and seeing how things shape up, especially since last Breakdown has confirmed that The Light In The Darkness is done with our self-imposed exile from the Tag Title hunt.”

Luz's smile notably slips as she mentions this, and she finds herself taking another deep breath before she continues.

“I'm going to be upfront with all of you right now... with where we're at right now, Amelia and I still aren't completely sure if we're ready yet to be the leaders the tag division needs right now holding those titles. That's not going to stop us from pursuing them, and maybe when we earn our next shot we'll truly feel like we're ready, but we put that decision in the hands of Selena Frost because she's a woman we respect not just for what she's done in this business but because she wants the same thing we do at the end of the day: wrestlers settling their differences in the ring and proving who's better, fair and square, on that night. Heck, the fact that she and Deanna halted our Tag Title hopes months ago and then Amelia managed to beat Deanna weeks ago in the U.S. Title tournament is proof enough that one result doesn't guarantee anything. If we meet the Frosts in that ring again regardless of the circumstances, there's no guarantee of who's going to prevail on that night or any other night in the future if and when it happens, which is proof that you can absolutely push yourself to improve with every single match you have, even if it's someone you've already beaten once before.

The reason I bring all of this up is twofold. Obviously, we get why Selena may have, at least in our opinion, called a premature end to our self-imposed limitations even if it's not exactly why we wanted this scenario to come about. It's clear to see that she's under a lot of stress right now, especially with the looming fact that SCW's ownership will be changing hands very soon and no one knows who will be in charge or what to expect from them, and I can't lie and say that wanting Ace and Ravyn to no longer be champions is something that Ames and I agree with. Keep in mind that I willingly threw myself into the kind of chaos they're bringing about to all their matches so Selena had help while her wife and my girlfriend could keep their focus on the classic they had later on that Breakdown. I know the kind of games they play and why it would be better for the tag division if they aren't sitting at the top of it anymore.

The other reason is one that's... a little more personal to me on a professional level. I know I'm not the only one who's taken notice of the fact that Amelia's established herself pretty well so far in the singles department, reigning as TV Champion for a little bit and reaching the finals of the U.S. Title tournament. I, on the other hand... I have yet to even score a win on my own yet, and that's bothered me more than I care to admit. I know I'm more than capable of succeeding like Amelia has... heck, I'll forever be known as the one who scored the winning fall in the first ever twelve person tag match in SCW history and I've managed to pin a few former World Champions. It's easy to forget about things like that when you realize they were all in tag matches and could make the argument that I didn't do it on my own, and that's exactly the kind of pit I found myself falling into for a bit. That, however, is why meeting Amelia so long ago was the best thing that could've ever happened to me. She helped talk me through all of those thoughts... thoughts I haven't had in a long time, not since the earliest days of my career where no one saw me as La Pequeña Luz but rather 'El Espíritu Angélico's daughter' and nothing but. If it wasn't for our healthy relationship both inside and out of the ring, my light could be a lot dimmer right now talking about all of this.

Us professional wrestlers aren't perfect, and a lot of our mental and emotional struggles are ones that many out there can empathize with. Take it from someone who's admittedly struggled with opening up about her problems and constantly chooses to bottle them up inside: don't be afraid to talk with the people closest to you if you feel you need help, because a good support system can make a world of difference.”

Luz turns to glance back at Amelia, who sheepishly smiles and nods given that those words are directed at her as much as Luz herself or anybody watching. When Luz turns around again, her smile is back in place and she's looking a lot more positive now, energized by her own pep talk.

“It's funny that I bring up that historic tag match from all the way back at Body, Heart & Soul because while Amelia will be taking it easy for the time being after what happened to her knee at Taking Hold of the Flame—don't worry though, because she'll be good to go again well before Rise to Greatness is upon us—I find myself with the chance to finally erase that goose egg from the win column of my solo record against someone who was on the opposite side of the ring from me in that very match, as well as someone who I can relate to when it comes to feeling like it's been a struggle getting anything going around here. Cassie Wolfe is someone who's made no secret of how frustrated she is with how things have gone so far for her around here and how many in this company see her, and the thought of getting a win over me and maybe getting on some sort of a roll does sound enticing. If nothing else, she's acknowledged how persistent she is and that keeping at it will pay off eventually.

Between that and our preferred styles, it's not hard to see how similar we truly are.

That said Cassie, there is something to be said about learning from experience. Despite my struggles from a singles standpoint, every match I've had has been an opportunity to learn and evolve, bettering my chances of making that next opportunity the one where everything finally comes together for me. Whether it's singles or tag, there's always something to take away from every match that will help me ultimately become the kind of wrestler that everyone else can look up to and learn from, and even after five years of being a wrestler and learning from both my father and his closest friends after his passing, I'm still learning new things and ironing out kinks in my gameplan to reach the point where I can call myself a champion and a torch-bearer in this company. Being a hungry rookie is all well and good, but it's hard for people to get behind that if you can't find a way to put all the pieces together. I learned that lesson the hard way once upon a time, and now it's a lesson I'll have to teach you come Breakdown because finally being able to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I'm every bit as capable as Amelia is flying solo and we truly are just as good apart as we are together is the feeling of catharsis she and I both need right now to pick ourselves up after Taking Hold of the Flame so we can sprint full steam into whatever our very first Rise to Greatness has in store for us.

By the way, just to be nice and clarify something Cassie: while you at least were able to use Google Translate to understand what my name means, I don't think you realized that by choosing to refer to me as 'Pequeña' you were calling me 'small' or 'little' the whole time... ironic considering you're a rare case where I actually find myself as the bigger wrestler going into a match even if it's not by much. There's a reason most people usually just shorten my name to Luz in conversation.”

Luz can't help but chuckle at that, at least showing she's taking the confusion in stride. She takes a moment to get another drink of water to make sure she can keep going in this heat before running a finger along the side of her mask.

“Speaking of lessons to be learned Cassie, you're going to have to find out through firsthand experience that there's a lot more to me than just being able to fly. Sí, it's common for a luchador to be able to take to the air to put on a show for everyone who comes to see us compete, but I've also found out the hard way that blind leaps of faith are just as likely to backfire as they are to pay off. High risk, high reward after all... and yet, one can still only fly so much before even that becomes predictable. Being concussed years ago because of one such attempt at high risk opened my eyes to that pretty quickly, and that's why I've had to adapt in order to further keep my opponents on their toes. Having a world class technician as a partner to learn from goes a long way for the both of us.

Perhaps that's something you could talk with YUYO about. Not only would it help you get to where you want to be learning some of her striking prowess to utilize, but it would also help the both of you bond as a potential tag team hunting for those titles.

It's funny to think how, despite this being a solo opportunity for the both of us, it does somehow ultimately go back to the tag division. After all, while there may still be some contenders the champions have to get through before the queue truly opens up again, this match could go a long way to figuring out who deserves to be closer to the top of that waiting list. That's just one possibility that could result from this match, and that's just one more reason for me to want to walk out of the FedExForum on Thursday night finally able to have my hand raised in victory after a one-on-one affair.

You're good Cassie, and the day will come where you'll be exactly where you want to be in this business. Until then, however, you need to be ready to bust your ass to get there even when things don't work out, and that's exactly what I've been doing since Amelia and I came back to SCW to prove both to the fans and to ourselves that we belong on this ultra-talented roster of the best this business has to offer. I wish you the best of luck Cassie, but I apologize in advance if Breakdown doesn't turn out the way you want it to because this match is the spark that will start lighting the way to Rise to Greatness, and I can't afford to let this one be snuffed out so easily. But don't get discouraged Cassie... seguir luchando... keep fighting.”

Luz nods before turning and walking back to where Amelia is sitting, having finished the last of her stretches and opting to watch her girlfriend further prove that she was more than ready to start being seen on equal singles ground as her. Luz helps Amelia back to her feet, being mindful of her knee despite Amelia telling her it's doing much better today. As we fade away, the last thing we can hear is Amelia clearly reassuring Luz that she nailed it and she's got this, Luz's smile in response looking brighter than ever.
[Image: VU13RwA.png]

Tag Team Record: 19-7*
La Pequeña Luz Solo Record: 8-5
Amelia Blythe Solo Record: 4-5-1

*The tag team turmoil on the 9/14/2023 Breakdown is counted in this record as the three separate matches LITD had in the gauntlet up until their elimination.

Breakdown 3/30/2023 - Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In
La Pequeña Luz: 3 Falls
Amelia Blythe: 2 Falls
*Neither one finished high enough to win any championships in this match
*Result listed separately and not counted in records due to lack of clarity on how to count falls

SCW Accomplishments
SCW Television Championship (Amelia Blythe - 29 Days)
SCW Television Championship (La Pequeña Luz - 98 Days)
SCW World Tag Team Championship [2] (1 - 81 Days) (2 - Current)
2023 Tag Team of the Year
2023 Match of the Year (Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In)