Gigi Steward vs. La Pequena Luz
SCW Television Championship

2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET FRIDAY, November 24, 2023**

**NOTE DEADLINE. With it being American Thanksgiving, I figured it would be too short to make deadline Wednesday and mean to make it on Thursday.** The show will act as if on Thanksgiving Thursday.
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
They had done it...

Despite the mind games Ravyn Taylor had played for weeks, attempting to drive a wedge between them... despite Dark Fantasy wrestling as though they truly were back to that legendary form that carried them to over 600 days as Tag Team Champions once upon a time... despite everything Ravyn and Syren had thrown at them, The Light In The Darkness would not be denied. They fought with everything they had, they saved one another on numerous occasions throughout the match, they pushed each other to keep fighting beyond their limits no matter what they were hit with.

And now?

Now Amelia Blythe and La Pequeña Luz could finally call themselves SCW World Tag Team Champions.

The moment felt absolutely surreal as they sat in their locker room, their bodies soaked with sweat and every muscle screaming in pain, leaning against one another for support as the adrenaline rush had finally worn off and the exhaustion of the war they'd just endured finally began to set in. They knew the main event was probably close to wrapping up by now and they'd need to shower and change so they could head out and get some well-deserved rest, but it was hard to acknowledge that when they were still taking in the reality before them.

Sitting in their laps were the World Tag Title belts, the culmination of all their efforts to rebuild themselves and prove that they truly were good enough to make it in SCW after all. Considering they had earned this gold by cleanly defeating arguably the greatest tag team in SCW history who had well and truly given the couple their absolute best, it felt like a dream that exactly one year to the show where they had told the SCW audience they were coming back to try again that they had achieved the personal goal they had set for themselves.

Couple that with Luz's TV Title belt sitting right next to her on the bench, a title that Amelia had also held herself earlier in the year, and they knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that no one, not even themselves, could deny any longer than the two of them belonged in SCW and could hang with all the elite talent it had to offer.

“Pinch me Ames, because I must be dreaming,” Luz suddenly said in a daze.

“If you're dreaming Luz, then I am too,” Amelia replied, exhaustion clear in her voice. “And I don't think I want to wake up right now.”

Amelia leaned her head over until it was resting on Luz's shoulder, and she couldn't help but chuckle and gently kiss Amelia's jaw. They knew this was only the beginning of this part of their journey though... after all, the real challenge would be defending these titles, much like that same challenge for the TV Title still awaited Luz starting with the very next Breakdown. For now, though, they were content with basking in the glory of what they'd accomplished here tonight, especially since the way they'd done it left no room for doubt as to what kind of tag team and couple they truly were.

With any luck, Ravyn would get the message.

“As nice as this is,” Luz softly chuckled, “we should probably get cleaned up. The others are probably eagerly waiting to congratulate us on what we did tonight, and a hot shower would do our aching muscles some good. Especially you, Miss 'I Can Deadlift German Suplex Syren.' Seriously, where the heck did that come from?”

“Well, I wasn't about to watch you get pinned,” Amelia grinned as she couldn't resist trying to flex her bicep. “Besides, I think working out with Ivy has done wonders for both of us.”

A giggle escaped Amelia's lips and it was infectious as Luz couldn't help but laugh along as she wrapped an arm under Amelia's and flexed herself, the increase in their muscle mass having been small and slow but still noticeable. Neither one of them were aiming to incorporate a power style into their arsenal, but the extra strength went a long way in helping them when it could very well be the difference-maker like it was at that particular moment tonight. Constantly improving and evolving was how they had finally reached this point, and they knew that was how they were going to defend their newly-won crowns for as long as they possibly could.

Finally shelving the enormity of their latest accomplishment until later, the two ladies dragged themselves into taking a much-needed shower that their sore and tired bodies were thankful for before throwing on their casual clothes. As Luz made sure her mask was back on and secure, she couldn't help but look at the two title belts that were now in her name, knowing that a lot was going to be made of her being a double champion now. She could already hear the whispers in her head, taunting her fiancée about only having one title belt while she held two or trying to continue Ravyn's games of implying that Luz is the superior of the two or that she's going to let Amelia down because she's too focused on her singles gold.

She shook those thoughts off, knowing that they'd talked about this several times already, especially in the wake of Ravyn's scheming, and she'd make a note to communicate with her about this before they went to bed tonight. That was how they kept pushing each other to greater and greater heights, both as wrestlers and as people in general, and they made that clear tonight in how they'd fought back every time Dark Fantasy seemingly had them dead to rights.

She and Amelia were the real deal, and they'd continue to prove it as long as they had breath in their lungs and the strength to keep fighting through any adversity that tried to impede their path to a brighter future together.

As they finally emerged out into the arena parking lot, they were quickly swarmed by all the people who'd supported them and helped keep them going when even they couldn't help each other, happily congratulating the couple on their big win and making it clear how proud of them they all were. The Clauson sisters were trying to hide the tears of joy they'd been fighting to hold back, Gage and Valentina were both hyped about the epic match they'd witnessed and couldn't hold themselves back on trying to talk through and reenact some of the tandem's highlights, and Ivy couldn't resist nudging Amelia with a shit-eating grin over her feat of strength she'd pulled off with the deadlift german.

Luz's focus, however, found itself centering on the reaction of one person in particular: her mother, who wiped a tear away before gently resting a hand on her daughter's shoulder.

“Tu papá estaría muy orgulloso de ti.”

Luz couldn't keep from tearing up as well as she hugged her mom tight, knowing that she was right. Somewhere, up in Heaven, she knew her father was looking down on her with a smile, proud of what his Little Light had achieved tonight and the incredible wrestler and person she'd become.

“Gracias mamá,” she quietly said as she stood there, letting the weight of what she and Amelia had accomplished tonight wash over her once again.

“I suppose congratulations truly are in order.”

Just like that, all the joy this moment held was sucked away. That haughty voice that had plagued Amelia her entire life and grated on Luz's every nerve whenever she heard it cut through everyone like a knife through a rope. Luz pulled away from her mom as all eyes turned to the source of the voice, and sure enough, Ophelia Blythe was standing a few feet away, in the flesh and looking as arrogant as ever. Standing by her side was her husband Aleister, hands folded behind his back as he sneered at the group before him. Standing off to the side, they could see Edward and Emily bound and gagged with rope and cloth as they struggled to break free of the grip of two members of The Empire that kept their identities hidden behind masks. Front and center, however, with his eyes locked on Luz and Amelia specifically and a confident smirk on his face, was none other than the group's Golden Prodigy himself, Henry White. Ophelia opened her mouth to continue speaking, but Henry held up a hand and she quickly closed it again, though it was hard to miss how annoyed she looked at having to do so.

“Bravo, you two,” Henry grinned as he slowly clapped his hands, taking a few steps forward that had all of them take defensive stances. “That was quite the performance... your parents may not see the appeal and have their opinions on the matter, Amelia, but I can assure you that my uncle is quite pleased with how well you and Luz work together. That was a match worthy of the coronation of SCW's new Tag Team Champions... the proper ascension of my bride-to-be and my future stepsister.”

“STEPSISTER!?” Luz yelled, not bothering to hide how offended she sounded at the idea of having anything to do with Caleb and his crusade.

“That psicópata has no claim to my daughter!” Camila growled. “Not after what he did to Valentina and especially not while I'm still alive!”

“Perhaps if you had done your duty as her mother and dissuaded her from becoming a wrestler in the first place, then Caleb would have ignored her,” Aleister quipped.

“And if you and Ophelia had done your duty as my parents then I'd be more open to keeping you two as a part of my life,” Amelia chimed in. “But here we are, the two of you as part of a veritable cult and desperately trying to get me to marry him,” she motions to Henry, “when I've made it explicitly clear that I'm not into men and have no interest in pretending just because it's what you want.”

“Besides, you're one to talk about family Henry,” Luz added. “Your uncle is willing to literally take people's lives just to get his way, and you're going to stand here and defend that? Because I want no part in Caleb's twisted delusions of heroism and neither does Amelia, nor anyone else here for that matter.”

“I...” Henry faltered for a moment, and without his mask the group could clearly see the struggle in his eyes as he tried to find a justification to actions he knew his uncle had to be doing. “Look, sometimes certain courses of action are necessary in order to create a better future.”

“You don't sound like you believe that,” Gage firmly fired back.

“Aleister and I believe in Caleb's methods,” Ophelia confidently jumped in. “We're simply trying to contribute to a better world for everyone, free of the corruption that has led to certain groups of people forgetting they have no reason to pick fights for things they haven't earned. Amelia, why can't you understand that your father and I are simply trying to keep our family ahead of the rest? You think there will be any place for you in Heaven if you continue on this disgusting path of consorting with other women? I can tell you right now that this little group of misfits you're choosing to stand by are already Hellbound.”

Amelia rolled her eyes before shooting her mother a grin. “If there's any truth to that, then I'll gladly join them and meet you both at the front gates.”

Ophelia gasped in shock at this. That seemed to snap Henry out of his own conflicted thoughts as he resumed the confident demeanor that had slipped away from him.

“That's enough,” he stated. “We're not here to pick a fight, and you really don't want to try starting one.”

“Let me guess,” Lily replied, sounding unimpressed. “You've got a whole bunch of your goons just hiding around the parking lot, waiting for the signal to strike.”

“You didn't have to be on the wrong side of this issue, Lily,” Henry told her. “Caleb was trying to help save you, just like he saved me and told me he wanted to save Luz and Amelia.”

“Considering his definition of 'saving' involved severely hurting our dad and killing our aunt and uncle—your mom and dad, by the way—I think we'll pass,” Marilyn spat, dropping the bombshell in the process.

“Wha- what are you talking about?” Henry asked, sounding guarded.

“Henry...” Luz carefully started. “Caleb, he... he killed your parents while you were still a baby. He kidnapped you and set fire to their home, making sure they burned alive. He lost it when he found out his brother... your father... married a Clauson, and he did what he did believing he could 'save' you and redeem himself in the process for taking two lives that night.”

“You're lying,” Henry vehemently spat. Luz could tell that he was furious at the insinuation, but there was enough of a tremor in his voice for her to know that he didn't seem entirely sure about what he was about to say. “My uncle told me that my parents were good people who were killed by heathens who dabbled in witchcraft. They gave me to Caleb to make sure I would be safe from their corrupt machinations.”

“Henry, your uncle is lying to you,” Ivy suddenly said as she began walking forward, to the surprise of the group. Amelia reached out and briefly stopped her, but Ivy gave her a look that clearly said she needed to do this. Remembering the past that the two of them had still been working through, Amelia nodded as a sign that she trusted Ivy and let her continue.

“How can someone like you dare to imply such a thing?” Henry spat as he started walking to meet Ivy halfway. “The Blythes have told me all about your two dads-”

“And I love them very much because they're amazing parents,” Ivy cut him off. “I've gone through this game before with Aleister and Ophelia blackmailing Amelia just to sever our friendship for their own benefit, so you can trust me when I tell you that people like them and your uncle only believe in telling you what they want you to hear so they can force you down whatever path they want you to take. I had to watch as those two turned my best friend into a cold-hearted machine who bent completely to their will... she didn't deserve that, just as you don't deserve to be deceived by a madman with a hero complex just so he can have someone to both try and continue his insanity and fulfill his deal with the Blythes in the first place.”

Henry opened his mouth to refute this, but paused when Ivy reached into one of her inner coat pockets and pulled out a folder before handing it to him. He looked skeptical at first, but his eyes widened when he saw not only a stamp of authenticity from the FBI but also the signature of Ryan Lumis. He glanced at her and was shocked when she smiled and nodded to go ahead, which led to him opening the folder. He only got a chance to skim through a couple of lines, but that was enough for Henry White's entire perception of reality to shatter around him.

“Ugh, this is getting us nowhere,” Ophelia groaned, interrupting the moment and briefly bringing Henry's train of thought back to the present.

“I agree,” Aleister huffed. “We have a wedding to finish preparing for. After all, a Blythe always upholds their end of a deal.”

He snapped his fingers and the group immediately went on guard, eyes darting every which way to keep The Empire from getting the jump on them. The only one unaffected was Ivy, who continued to stand before Henry and even say something to him in a low enough voice that nobody caught it, especially given how tense everything was around them. Henry did seem to nod as Ivy took a few steps back from him.

“What's going on!?” Aleister growled, getting everyone's attention as he snapped his fingers a few more times. “Why are those idiots not coming to clean up this mess so we can get going?”

“That would be our doing.”

Aleister and Ophelia whipped their heads around just in time to watch the two masked figures that had accompanied them let go of Edward and Emily, who dropped unconscious to the pavement. As they did, the Blythe couple watched as it was revealed they were wearing wigs the whole time, revealing heads of hair that looked familiar to her. A look of horror replaced her rage as the two figures pulled off their masks, revealing themselves to be the real Edward and Emily Blythe.

“Come on mom,” Edward laughed, “did you and dad really think so little of us that you never expected we'd find a way out of your attempt to use us as hostages to get Amelia and Luz to bend to your will? A little trickery, some good ol' twin magic makeup work, and we had you believing we were right where you wanted us all night.”

“As for your backup,” Emily chimed in with a grin that matched her brother's, “we called ahead as soon as we had the chance and gave SCW officials the heads up, so all the extra tickets you two bought on our dime were revoked and all the help you brought with you have long been chased off by security.”

“Have to say though,” Edward suddenly growled, any amusement he held for the twins' tactics paying off now gone. “Kidnapping your own children as blackmail fodder? I don't know if Caleb's been a worse influence on the two of you or if you're still reaching for new lows to sink to.”

Ophelia was shaking with rage, but the moment she started moving to even try anything, Luz and Amelia had suddenly burst past where Henry and Ivy still stood, standing by the twins and ready to weaponize this extra burst of adrenaline if they needed to. Aleister ultimately put a hand on his wife's shoulder and gave her a look that their children knew full well meant that he recognized this as a losing battle and it was no longer worth the effort.

“At least do our family name the courtesy of holding on to those titles for a long time to come,” Aleister told Amelia and Luz with a hint of warning in his voice. “That includes you with that other title, luchadora. You're more valuable to us, and The Empire, the more successful you are. Henry! Caleb is expecting us!”

Henry glanced back at him before looking down at the folder in his hands, which only led his gaze back up to Ivy.  She simply nodded once again, and he responded by shoving the folder into her hands before hurrying off to catch up with the departing Blythes parents. He did glance over and lock eyes with Amelia and Luz briefly, but he didn't look at them with anger or irritation. If anything, they swore he was trying to silently thank them, but it was hard to convey with as quick as the moment was.

“So we're just going to let them go?” Marilyn questioned as the group reconvened, with Amelia now hugging her siblings and muttering about how she was worried about them.

“Considering they're going to have to break the news to Caleb about this failure,” Lily chimed in, “I wouldn't want to be in their shoes right now.”

“Besides,” Luz added, “with any luck, we might have started breaking Caleb's hold on Henry, which is the first step to hopefully saving him like we did with Valentina.”

She glanced over to Ivy, who opened the folder to reveal the copies it contained were no longer there. Henry had tucked them away during the twins' distraction, and while Luz was worried about how he'd handle the truth, it was a necessary move to hopefully take down The Empire once and for all and get Caleb behind bars, where he belonged.
[Image: VU13RwA.png]

Tag Team Record: 17-7*
La Pequeña Luz Solo Record: 8-5
Amelia Blythe Solo Record: 4-5-1

*The tag team turmoil on the 9/14/2023 Breakdown is counted in this record as the three separate matches LITD had in the gauntlet up until their elimination.

Breakdown 3/30/2023 - Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In
La Pequeña Luz: 3 Falls
Amelia Blythe: 2 Falls
*Neither one finished high enough to win any championships in this match
*Result listed separately and not counted in records due to lack of clarity on how to count falls

SCW Accomplishments
SCW Television Championship (Amelia Blythe - 29 Days)
SCW Television Championship (La Pequeña Luz - 98 Days)
SCW World Tag Team Championship (81 Days)
SCW World Tag Team Championship [2] (Current)
2023 Tag Team of the Year
2023 Match of the Year (Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In)
Giovanna Steward | "A Television Star Born"

Gigi Steward sits backstage in the arena where SCW is hosting their Under Attack show. In an isolated part where few foot traffic passes by. Gigi sits on some crates that are stacked against the wall. Resting her head against it. She can hear the crowd in the audience popping for the show. It’s how she’s keeping track of the United States Championship Clamber happening. Too much weight on her mind to watch it backstage on a monitor with a crowd of people. Things were still tense between her and Katie. Gigi wanting to try to go solo and prove herself only to have Katie anchoring her down with her quest of becoming Tag Team Champions was taking its toll. Seeing Katie get the United States title opportunity felt like a knife in her back.

Though Ash had explained the possible reasoning of it simply being Katie as an ex-United States Champ filled the quota. Gigi had decided to put up with her and let Katie have this. Who knows? Maybe if Katie takes a focus on the United States title it just might free her up to pursue her own goals.

The crowd is heard erupting in a massive cheer. Gigi looks around and listens carefully as the announcer is heard. "Katie Steward has been eliminated."

Or maybe not. Katie got her shot and not she can come back and team with her and continue the quest for the Tag Team titles. Gigi shakes her head. She doesn't feel that shocked really. Beginning to think maybe she is the foolish one for even thinking she could've gone solo.

The crowd pops again, just as quickly as the last time. Music plays and the announcer announces Deanna Frost as the winner of the chamber.

Gigi sits up on the crate spinning herself around, her legs dangle off the side. Her hands grip onto the edge of the crate. There it was. Now Gigi has to go back and be Katie’s partner. She’s going to need a pick me up after the brutal chamber match.

Maddy calls out to Gigi, finding her in the secluded area backstage.

“Hey, Maddy.”

“G, where were you? You missed Katie’s match?” Maddy throws up her arm.

“I was following along with it.” Gigi tells her to hop off the crate and join her.

“No.” Maddy shakes her head wondering what Gigi is talking about. She wasn’t watching with her.

Gigi laughs it off and the two walk around backstage together. They go to find Katie to see how she’s doing after her loss. They turn a corner and head to the trainer’s area. They don’t notice Katie behind them. She’s obviously upset after her loss. Her Lady Glory flag, the pink, white and purple wrapped around as she argues with TJ. They march off and disappear around a corner.

Gigi and Maddy walk into the trainer’s area and look around for Katie, but she isn’t around. They pass by Lucas Knight who is getting some ice for his muscles.

“She’s not here.” Gigi scratches her head. “Where could she be?”

Maddy shrugs her shoulders. They leave the area and walk back out into the hallway where Sasha D. finds them.
“Oh good, Gigi I found you.” Sasha smiles looking happy to see them. “I wanted to tell you this news personally.”
Gigi’s face lights with excitement. “Really? This sounds like it could be good.”

“You’re next in line for an opportunity at the Television title. I think this is a really good thing so you can prove how serious you are about breaking solo. Maybe even showing Katie.” Sasha nods knowing she convinced Gigi how good this could be for her.

Maddy claps her hands together excited for Gigi. Gigi can’t help, but smile realizing her opportunity ahead of her. A chance she might be able to break away from Katie and be her own person.

In the excitement they don’t notice a small group of individuals behind them marching through the halls of the arena. They are color coronated with Katie’s Lady Glory of Pink, White and Purple. The small group just passes by in the background.

“Oh wow, Sasha thank you. This is amazing.” Gigi tells her still beaming with excitement.

“Well don’t thank me yet. It’s just the Television title. They always need someone to challenge for the title. So they’re giving you the shot next.” Sasha pulls back on the excitement just a little bit. Gigi knows the rules of the Television title. It’ll be something she needs to keep up on her toes. Sasha is right, though. It’s the best possible challenge for her to prove to herself and everyone that she is ready.

“Yes. I know, but thank you for giving me this news. I appreciate it.” Gigi smiles at Sasha, her entire mood changing from when she first arrived at the show. Quietly supporting Katie while trying to not let it bother her. Gigi has a new goal.

The security walkie in Sasha pocket begins to static and a voice is muffled. Sasha takes it out and listens to the commotion on it. “I have to go take care of this. Some fans are being a bit unruly, but good luck to you, G.”

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Katie's home in Los Angeles, she sits in the political headquarters of her office. Arms resting on the armrest of the chair. Looking quite grumpy.

"I can't believe SCW would send me home like that! Who do they think I am, a child? It was not a riot. Just a few well behaved individuals that had the same passion as I do." Katie scoffs and shakes her head in disgust.

Although it really didn't surprise her. SCW never did see the brillances of things as she did. Of course they wouldn't understand. "Maybe we were onto something and they didn't want anyone to know. I think we can get them to overturn this Chamber match!"

"Uh Katie. " TJ looks on nervously. "I'm very uncomfortable with the current direction of this. I know where it's going and I don't think it's going to work."

"What do you mean, TJ? That I should just give up and do something else?" Katie questions him sitting up in her chair and placing her elbows on the table. Katie watches him closely.

"It's just not going to work out the way that you want it to." TJ pleads with Katie hoping that she'll come to her senses.

"Ok fine. They were being ridiculous anyways. Putting me in that God Awful chamber with those challengers. I don't need that ever again." Katie back in her chair wiping her hands clean from the dumb match they had her. "I need to get back to my main priorities and focus on the tag team titles with Gigi."

Katie can sense TJ's awkwardness while he clears his throat. Knowing that he has something to say, but doesn't want to make her upset.

"Gigi might be a little preoccupied at the moment. I saw the latest advertisement for Breakdown and she's got her shot at the Television Championship." Katie stares at TJ as he gives her the news.

Katie sits there in her chair and her mind begins to race a thousand miles a minute. Just like Gigi had when she first learned of Katie's title shot. Does Katie have the feelings of being betrayed now? Katie had the whole scenario planned out in her mind. Of her and Gigi winning the tag titles. The moment they would share together. Katie finished her quest with Gigi by her side.

Katie takes a deep breath and lets it out. "Ok."

TJ looks up at a calm and unbothered Katie. His first thought of something is wrong here. “Are you ok?”

“I’m fine. The Television championship is an important title for a Steward. Us being the finest actress in Hollywood. I hope she wins.” Katie smiles, gets up out of her chair and leaves the office. TJ is left standing there. Still very confused and not sure what to think of it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

“I don’t know what to think.With my feelings for Katie being very conflicted since we’ve been back in SCW. I’m just a ball of emotions. As much as I want to be there and win the titles with Katie. It’s important to me too. I also want to see what I can do on my own. This television title match is very important to me. There is a lot that goes into being its champion that maybe might have me biting over a lot more than I can chew. My Goddess though isn’t that the point that I’m trying to make. Going out on my own and making mistakes. The television title could be that first mistake. Sasha could be right. I’m happy to make it. This could and will be a big first step that I need to make and I’m going to be ready for it.”

“I look forward to facing La Pequena Luz on Breakdown. Someone new to SCW and already succeeding in it. A nice little television story for them. Definitely aiming for rookie of the year award next month. Though as nice as it is, I'm going to be showing up with my own story. The pressure that I’ll be putting on my shoulders. The legacy that is riding on with me. This is what I want. I’m going to earn this for myself. I’m going to be a champion again.”
[Image: 3zThvbB.jpg]
As we fade in, there might be some surprise at seeing a bigger crowd than we're used to for one of these. We appear to be panning along a dining room from overhead, watching as the numerous individuals set up for what definitely looks like a Thanksgiving feast. Easily the most recognizable face we can pick out immediately is Amelia Blythe, though joining her are several faces that many fans who are either familiar with the independent scene as of late or keep tabs on wrestling in other countries... faces such as her twin siblings Edward and Emily Blythe, Ivy Plume, Gage Parker, the girl who had been pretending to be La Pequeña Luz down in Mexico before unmasking after losing to the real deal, and even longtime wrestling veterans Marilyn and Lily Clauson. There's a few other people that are completely unfamiliar to us, but the visual truly creates a sense of family and friendship that one would associate with the holiday while offering us a deeper look into the support system that keeps The Light In The Darkness going through any adversity that they face both inside the ring and out.

The one notable absence that we can see is, oddly enough, La Pequeña Luz herself, but it's not long before we pan back out of the room, passing by the luchadora in question as she watches the table being set before turning to face us, taking a few steps forward in time with us backing up so that she's not disturbing the others and vice versa. Her masked face offers the warmest smile as she glances over at a few framed photos on the wall depicting various points of the time she's spent with Amelia, though there's one that is definitely a new addition considering we know it happened recently: a framed photo of the couple raising the SCW World Tag Team Titles high after their hard-fought victory over Dark Fantasy last Sunday at Under Attack. She takes a deep breath to keep herself from getting choked up at the memory before turning her kind gaze back to us.

“You know... for the longest time, Amelia and I never celebrated Thanksgiving. Even ignoring the fact that we didn't know each other growing up and the time we spent still building our friendship before it became what it is today, it's the simple fact that this is more of an American holiday—and a Canadian one celebrated at a completely different time of the year—which meant it wasn't really on our radar. We know of it, of course, but... before we met, there wasn't a whole lot to be thankful for even if we had celebrated, and it wasn't until recent years especially after moving to Anaheim together that we truly began to understand the deeper meaning behind the holiday. Sure, there's a lot of you out there who enjoy it for the turkey feast or the big holiday parade or perhaps even the sports, and I know a lot can probably be said about the origins of the holiday... but we've taken to seeing it by its name, a day to give thanks for everything that we have, especially those who care for us just as we care for them.

Needless to say, we have a lot to be thankful for this year, and I'm not just talking about all the friends and family we've reconnected with who have been a significant help in supporting us through some of the hardships we've had to fight through this year and will gladly help us up even when we're struggling to help support one another.”

It's at this point that the camera pans back even further to capture more than just Luz's head, and we can see the SCW Television Championship resting on her right shoulder and her half of the SCW World Tag Team Championships resting on her left shoulder. She briefly looks down at the both of them as it looks like her face goes a little red, but it's a bit hard to tell because of her mask. She chuckles all the same, though, before resuming.

“Never did I think I would be standing here calling myself a double champion in SCW, but here we are. About three weeks ago I proved to anyone who doubted me that I truly am just as capable as my fiancée in singles action by winning the TV Title just as she had earlier in the year, busting my behind to overcome Kirsten Scott and the lengthy reign she was building. That was only the beginning, though, because last Sunday? Amelia and I walked into Under Attack after all the games that had been played and we did exactly what we said we would do: we gave Dark Fantasy our absolute best shot and they responded in kind, showing exactly why they held those titles for so very long once upon a time. And yet, Amelia and I found a way to overcome this challenge and can finally, at long last, say that we've earned the right to stand atop the tag team mountain and want all comers to step up and challenge us. That win in particular meant the world to us... not just because we did it together, not just because we accomplished the biggest goal we'd set for ourselves this time around, but in how we did it. That entire match we trusted in each other, we had each other's backs when we needed it most, we kept pushing each other to keep fighting no matter what Syren and Ravyn threw at us. That night... we proved, beyond a shadow of a doubt, not only what kind of team and couple we truly are, but we also proved that we truly do belong here, on arguably the greatest wrestling roster in the world today.

That raises the question... what's next for The Light In The Darkness? And the answer is a simple one. We have championship gold and we know so many others want to take it from us, so allow me to formally welcome that challenge, starting with this upcoming Breakdown.”

With that, Luz shifts her Tag Title belt off her shoulder and into her hand before she reaches back, holding the belt out. We briefly see Amelia appear behind her, taking the title with a smile and even kissing her cheek before we overhear a hushed conversation about dinner almost being ready, to which Luz nods and says she won't be too long. Amelia then heads back into the dining room, leaving Luz holding only the TV Title.

“The first Breakdown after Under Attack will also mark my first defense of this title, and I'm all too familiar now with the long and difficult road ahead of me regarding this title alone. I can hear everyone out there who's ready to remind me that Amelia lost it in her very first defense and wonder if the same fate will befall me... I even hear the murmurs of those who wonder what will happen if I succeed where mi amor failed, pondering if there is any lingering truth to any of the claims Ravyn made over the past month or so. Let me make something clear... yes, Amelia did lose this title in her very first defense, we remember that night all too well. That doesn't change the fact that she did hold this title earlier this year... that, in and of itself, was the catalyst we needed to motivate ourselves, to light the fire that fueled us to get to where we are today. Amelia and I are always pushing one another to greater and greater heights... me being selected to participate in Trios last year motivated her to that TV Title win, which motivated me to not only scoring the pin in that historic twelve-person tag match but also scoring more falls than she did in the chaos that was Kim Williams' Trios cash-in. I was further motivated into my Underground Title shot, which only motivated her to reach the finals of that U.S. Title tournament...

You see where I'm going with this, right?

No matter what kind of individual goals we may have, we will always support one another and use those moments where we achieve that goal to push the other into achieving a goal of their own. As long as we're open and honest with each other every step of the way, it remains a healthy competition that only serves to make us even better than we were before. I know that I won't be a double champion forever, and that I'll eventually lose this title just as Amelia and I will eventually lose the World Tag Team Titles, but each successful defense we have during this time is only going to help us continue to evolve in this business to keep proving that we belong in SCW and we deserve the recognition we're getting.

Just as I'd like to recognize the efforts of Gigi Steward, my first challenger in my run as TV Champion.”

Luz takes a moment to crack her neck as she runs a hand along her mask, thinking back to when she and Gigi had crossed paths as the starting teams for tag team turmoil some time back. The look in her eyes makes it very clear she recalls how close Gigi came to pinning her on several occasions that night, knowing full well that she probably wouldn't be in the position she's in now if that had happened.

“Gigi, I've been doing my homework to prepare for this match, and I've picked up on a few things. Obviously, I can clearly recall everything you threw at me during tag team turmoil, all in the name of you and Katie wanting to secure that important first win in the gauntlet. I've had a taste of what you can offer in that ring... but I think we both know that you've got so much more to offer than what I saw on that night, and I want to see it firsthand when we meet in Chicago for this special Thanksgiving Day Breakdown. I want to know what Gigi Steward is capable of without Katie to jump in just as I plan on showing you exactly what I'm capable of on my own as well.

Except... I'm never truly alone Gigi, and I feel that will be the difference maker in our match come Thursday night.

Considering what I've already said, I think it goes without saying that regardless of whether Amelia is in my corner cheering me on or if she's asked to stay backstage and I'm truly all alone out there, I know I'll always have her support to give it my all and encourage her to do the same when she gets her opportunities. From what I've seen, I know how much you want to be able to prove yourself on your own terms... show the world what Gigi is truly capable of regardless of the Steward name. A lot could be made about the fact that you bringing an immediate end to my TV Title reign now could raise some discussion about a potential Tag Title opportunity for you and Katie, and while I would welcome such a challenge with open arms in that scenario, I can tell that this title right here is a bigger priority to you and you plan on doing everything you can to take it away from me so that you can have that chance to stand alone in the spotlight.

I know that feeling all too well Gigi... heck, to this day, I still feel like I'm living in the immense shadow of my father's legacy despite all I've accomplished for myself, just like you with the hall of fame career that Katie had. I understand how it feels to not be seen because of the anchor of who you're related to, how frustrating it is to earn that respect and recognition for what you are truly capable of beyond the lineage. That's why I can stand here and tell you to never give up and keep fighting for that goal, even if I have to hand you another setback this week because I'm not quite ready to let go of this title in my very first defense, because the moment you give up is the moment you let go of any hope you have of ever getting to where you want to be. It will never be an easy road... I mean, my singles record in SCW kind of speaks for itself in that regard, but I got to being TV Champion by learning from the mistakes I've made and know I will continue to make, knowing I can always do better and pushing myself to become my own star that I know my father can proudly look down on from above.

Deep down, I know that Katie would be overjoyed to see you find your own success as well... even if she hasn't been the best at showing it. I almost feel like her desire to become Tag Team Champions with you is at least an attempt to try and help you start moving in the right direction, but ultimately it will be up to you and you alone to make it happen. That's why I'm excited for this match, for the chance to help you show the world who you truly are while continuing to prove both to the SCW fans ans to myself that this is where I belong, that I've truly earned this and will fight to hang on to it for as long as I can... to forge my own legacy.

I look forward to seeing you in Chicago Gigi, and I'm thankful for this match being my first TV Title defense. Please, give me everything you have, show me how badly you want to take this title from me Gigi... I promise you, that is going to go a long way in showing just how badly you want to forge your own legacy, even if I'm going to respectfully give you the same fight in kind so that I can be thankful for the chance to leave Breakdown the same way I'm entering it: as your reigning, defending, SCW Television Champion, ready to fight for as long as I can to keep it that way.”

With that, Luz nods her head in acknowledgment, hoping that Gigi gets the message and gives her an absolute war on Thursday night in Chicago. While she has that to look forward to, she knows that she'll have plenty of support and encouragement to put her best foot forward as she turns and heads into the dining room to a chorus of cheers from all her loved ones, putting a huge smile on her face as she finally joins the early Thanksgiving feast before she prepares to take care of business. Not wanting to intrude on this moment any further, this is where we proceed to fade out.
[Image: VU13RwA.png]

Tag Team Record: 17-7*
La Pequeña Luz Solo Record: 8-5
Amelia Blythe Solo Record: 4-5-1

*The tag team turmoil on the 9/14/2023 Breakdown is counted in this record as the three separate matches LITD had in the gauntlet up until their elimination.

Breakdown 3/30/2023 - Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In
La Pequeña Luz: 3 Falls
Amelia Blythe: 2 Falls
*Neither one finished high enough to win any championships in this match
*Result listed separately and not counted in records due to lack of clarity on how to count falls

SCW Accomplishments
SCW Television Championship (Amelia Blythe - 29 Days)
SCW Television Championship (La Pequeña Luz - 98 Days)
SCW World Tag Team Championship (81 Days)
SCW World Tag Team Championship [2] (Current)
2023 Tag Team of the Year
2023 Match of the Year (Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In)