The Light In The Darkness - Fatal Fortunes RP Thread
OOC: Couple things before we get started here. First off, just so Olek knows, I decided to go full steam ahead with doing only joint efforts for Luz and Amelia. I am aware that this will likely mean they tie in the event they actually end up facing each other, but at this point it's the most feasible option I can do both in terms of their story and with the time I have available and in the state I've been operating in given that the first half of this week was spent battling an abscessed tooth and the second half of this week has been recovering after getting said tooth extracted.

As far as this particular RP is concerned, there is one important note I need to make for anyone reading: any speech you see in italics can be considered to have been spoken in Spanish. This was the compromise I decided to make to include the couple meeting with some characters who only speak Spanish without having to actually try and translate what I wrote into Spanish... both because my Spanish, while passible in terms of words and short phrases, is not good enough to truly write out a full-on conversation without butchering it, and also because that way you all can actually read it without potentially needing Google Translate to understand what's going on.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fortune favors the bold, or so the saying goes.

Luz and Amelia are no strangers to this saying, given that a lot of how they got to where they are today relied on taking risks. Ignoring how her entire wrestling style revolves around being high risk and high reward, Luz knows she took a major gamble on that fateful night so long ago attempting to befriend Amelia after dealing the Blythe family prodigy her first proper wrestling loss, especially breaking one of lucha libre's most sacred rules in exposing her face. She could have been outright barred from competing and shunned from her own culture on that very night, but Amelia both understood the magnitude of the gesture and was willing to take her own risk by opening up to the other woman about what her life was like and why she was the bitter person Luz had come to know up to that point. They were brave enough to stand together in defiance against Amelia's family, they risked their friendship on admitting their deeper feelings to one another... honestly, even leaving behind the familiar routine of competing solely in Mexico and Europe had been a bold decision that, at least after their first run in SCW, felt like it had been a mistake.

Considering what they had accomplished in the one year since they'd come back to try again, though, it definitely seems like things had finally paid off for them.

Unfortunately, there were individuals out there who weren't afraid to weaponize that saying, not afraid to take the kind of calculated risks that would benefit only them and leave others to suffer if that's what it took. A legitimate accident was one thing, but knowingly causing severe harm and worse so long as you got everything you wanted was not the kind of boldness that the couple subscribed to. At least in the wrestling ring they mostly had control over what did and didn't happen and knew full well that sometimes injuries were unavoidable, and they had experience to back that up. Playing with people's lives, twisting the narrative and being willing to leave a trail of innocent bodies in your wake as long as it ultimately paid off... that was the philosophy of Caleb White, the creed by which his Empire operated, and the thought of ever having to represent that made Luz and Amelia both want to puke.

And yet, Caleb seemed determined to have them in his clutches by any means necessary, which had made their lives a living hell over the past week.

The attempt to abduct them in broad daylight that day in the restaurant in Milwaukee had only been the beginning. The entire time they and their friends had tried to do anything, more goons decked out in white and gold kept popping up to try and take them away. At least six or seven of them had been arrested by the time the couple actually reported to Fiserv Forum for Breakdown, and it honestly felt like a miracle that Luz had managed to turn back the challenge of Simon Lyman to retain her Television Championship, not just because the formerly-respectable legend was hellbent on making something out of his night after CHBK locked him out of World Title contention, but because Luz was struggling to keep her focus on the match after everything that had happened as of late. Another attempt had been made by the time they returned to their hotel, resulting in three more arrests that night, and that wasn't counting the police being called the following morning to deal with several more men and women doing Caleb's bidding that had tripped the traps Gage, Edward and Emily had set up specifically because of this.

They knew Caleb didn't care how many people he asked to develop criminal records in his name and would never bother posting bail for any of them. To him, most of The Empire were expendable soldiers ready and willing to do his bidding at a moment's notice, the only thing they believed they truly needed to fear was his wrath if they failed or refused. So long as one of these incidents resulted in both La Pequeña Luz and Amelia Blythe being dragged into his cult, it would all be worth it in his eyes. He'd manipulated and abused at least two people who ended up in his care, taken lives just to feel better about his own ego and tie up any loose ends and truly believed he was beyond consequence simply because he claimed everything he did was because it's what God put him on this Earth to do.

Amelia and Luz knew that unless something changed, sooner or later Caleb's bold orders would yield results. The problem was... there wasn't much they could really do about it.

Compounding the problem was the reveal that SCW's next two Breakdowns would be dedicated to the concept of Fatal Fortunes, where every match was completely randomized. The only certainty that they could count on, based on past incarnations of this event, was that they would be guaranteed to defend all the gold they currently possessed at least once. Luz was certain she'd have to defend the TV Title on both shows, and the possibility that she'd have to pull double duty both times as well wasn't off the table, or the possibility that Amelia could also be booked beyond defending the Tag Titles alongside her beloved... potentially against Luz herself. That idea didn't faze them as much as it might anyone else for reasons they've already publicly shared time and time again, but the unknown—while normally a challenge they were more than happy to embrace—became harder to pump themselves up for with Empire goons constantly trying to sabotage their lives, especially with their hard-earned championships at stake.

Sure, they knew they still had long careers ahead of them and could always win more titles or reclaim whatever they lose, but they wanted to make as good of an impression as possible in this run, especially with the Tag Titles.

The first of these shows would be happening in Calgary, which was about a day's drive if a road trip was the plan, but Luz and Amelia had other ideas on their mind. Seeking an escape from The Empire to actually focus for a change, the couple decided to head down to Mexico for a little bit. The country was the only safe haven they could think of considering The Empire's actions disgracing Día de los Muertos and condemning a core part of Mexican culture had effectively branded them as terrorists to the country, and remaining Empire wrestlers who were trying to make statements in lucha libre promotions were fired and blacklisted because of their ties to a man who was already among the nation's top enemies right now for some of the crimes he'd committed. There, they knew they would be safe.

There was another reason for the visit, however, and that was what Luz was focused on as she and Amelia drove their rental car through the streets of Xalapa, Veracruz after their flight had landed. After her mom had found the number and confirmed it still belonged to the person she needed to talk to, Luz had reached out to María Zaius, the wife of the late El Hijo de la Muerte, and asked if she could visit and talk with her. She was, admittedly, a bit surprised that María had agreed, but deep down they both knew they had lost loved ones because of a madman and felt that this conversation was a long time coming.

“Alright, thank you so much Marilyn, it would be greatly appreciated,” Amelia spoke from the passenger seat as she finish up a phone call she'd been having while Luz was driving. She ended the call before turning to Luz with a look of relief. “So, good news: turns out an old friend of Marilyn's works for the FBI and is actually part of the team that hired Ryan to crack the cold case regarding her aunt and uncle. She's going to reach out to them and see if there's anything that can be done to get us all a little extra security, since The Empire is who they're after anyway.”

“That would be a relief,” Luz admitted. “I feel bad about leaving everyone else behind for this trip, but we know they can hold their own if need be, and I hate the idea of cutting into our friends' schedules just because this lunatic's determined to derail our lives.”

“I hate having them involved as well, but I can't say that I'm not grateful that they are,” Amelia replied. “They've all gone a long way to help us in this fight even when none of us want to be part of it at all.”

“Caleb's dragged so many people into this 'crusade' of his because he's convinced himself he's the second coming of Jesus or something,” Luz huffed. “That's why I wanted to do this... now that I know the truth behind papá's death, I owe it to María to help us all find some closure in all of this.”

“Are you sure you'll be alright?” Amelia couldn't help but ask as the car pulled up in front of the address they'd been given.

“I will be,” Luz confirmed as she turned off the car before reaching over to take Amelia's hand. “Especially with you here by my side.”

Amelia nodded and the two exchanged a tender kiss before they got out and made their way up to the modest house. Once they got to the front door, Amelia rang the doorbell while Luz took a deep breath and steeled herself for this. After about a minute, the door opened and they were greeted by a woman just a little bit taller than them, her black hair done up into a bun and her face looking far older than it rightfully should have at her age, a sight that made Luz's heart plummet.

“La Pequeña Luz,” the woman carefully said as she reached out and gently ran her hands along Luz's mask, the addressed woman bowing her head. “It's so good to see you again.”

“Hello, María,” Luz replied, her voice sounding a bit choked up. “You know you can call me Luna...”

“Nonsense,” María told her with a slight grin. “You're a luchadora now, and my husband's spirit would not be pleased if I disrespected the sacred traditions. You've earned this.”

Luz opened her mouth to reply, but found herself getting a little choked up at the praise she didn't feel she deserved. Amelia gently put her hand on her fiancée's back.

“Is it alright if we come inside?” Amelia asked.

“Oh! My apologies, of course!” María stepped aside, blushing in embarrassment at not welcoming them in sooner as the couple entered her home and she closed the door. “And you must be Amelia Blythe, Luz's betrothed. It is a pleasure to meet you as well.”

“The pleasure is all mine, Ms. Zaius,” Amelia replied as she shook hands with her while Luz recomposed herself.

“You can just call me María, dear,” she responded as she led the couple into what looked like the living room of her house.

“My apologies... it's an old habit I was forced into,” Amelia sheepishly admitted.

“By your parents, correct?” María asked, getting a surprised not from Amelia in response as she motioned for the couple to have a seat on the couch. “I've heard enough from trying to watch you and Luz in SCW to get the gist and I am so sorry they treated you so horribly. Here, let me get you both some tea.”

“We're sorry too,” Luz chimed in as María briefly left the room, returning moments later with a tea set as she began pouring a cup for each of her guests. “We're sorry about what happened to your husband... I never held it against him when dad died because, you know, accidents happen in that ring, but finally knowing the truth behind it all...”

“You have nothing to apologize for, Luz,” María was kind but firm in her response as she sat down, taking a sip of her tea as Luz and Amelia did the same. “You didn't know... one thing your father was good at that I wish he wasn't was keeping secrets. I know he was trying to protect you and Camila by not telling you about that man, and I had hoped to God that when he disappeared afterward that he'd finally given up on his delusions... or died himself. I hate wishing that fate on another human being, but Caleb has long proven how much he takes humanity for granted. It still doesn't change the fact that your father should have told you about him, just in case... all of this, started happening.”

“Nobody's perfect,” Luz admitted after another sip of her tea. “He had his reasons, even if one could argue against them. It's proof of how much he cared for mom and me... just like how El Hijo de la Muerte cared for you and your sons and did everything he could to keep Caleb's henchmen from harassing your family.”

María nodded in agreement with this before Amelia spoke. “How are your sons doing? If you don't mind me asking.”

“They're doing as alright as they can be... we all are,” María replied. “They took it hard... even blamed El Espíritu Angélico at first for their father being dragged into this mess, but after a while I managed to help them realize that he was just as much a victim in all of this as their father was, and Luz were suffering just as much as they were for the same reasons. Caleb truly is the only person to blame in all of this... blaming anybody else like that man does for his own actions is a sign of how pathetic he truly is.”

“They don't... hate me? For not doing this sooner?” Luz found herself asking, earning a look of concern from her wife-to-be.

“They do not,” María confirmed, to Luz's amazement. “There was a bit of resentment at first when they saw you wrestling, but once they figured out the truth they couldn't hold it against you. Wrestling became your way of coping with your father's death, even if your mother disagreed. It was heartbreaking to see what remained of your family fall apart after your father passed. I wish I could've said something or done more to maybe try and stop it.”

“I don't mean any offense when I ask this,” Amelia spoke, “but why didn't you?”

María took a long sip of her tea before setting the cup back on the table. “Truthfully? I was scared... what Caleb had done to haunt our family had us in a bad place for quite some time, especially after what he did to my husband. I wasn't sure if what was going on between Luz and her mother was another one of his games, and if it was and I got involved...”

“You'd be putting your own family at risk again,” Amelia realized, and María nodded in confirmation.

“Please don't feel like you have to apologize for any of that, María,” Luz firmly added. “Now that I know everything that really happened, I could never hold it against you for trying to protect your family. They should always come first... a lesson I forgot because, truth be told, I think the rift between me and mom was inevitable. She was already worried about dad training me to wrestle... his death just added fuel to the fire that ultimately split us apart. Thankfully, we've long since come to an understanding and we're working on it.”

“We've all suffered needlessly because of that man.”

All eyes suddenly turned to the entryway of the living room, where two young men stood. The 17-year-old had been the one to speak, while his 15-year-old brother just looked stunned to see his mother having very recognizable guests over.

“Diego! Luis! I haven't seen you guys in forever!” Luz cried as she set her cup down before running over, the two kids running to meet her in a big hug. “I am so sorry it took me this long to do this! I meant to come sooner, I swear!”

“It's not your fault,” Luis, the younger brother, couldn't help but say. “You were busy becoming just as cool a luchador as our daddies!”

“Honestly?” Diego, the older brother, chimed in. “I think both our dads would be proud of what you've become. I mean, making a name for yourself here, branching out to find success in Europe, and even joining SCW and being a double champion right now? I don't know if that Caleb creep's bothering you or not, but to do that even if he is? That's super impressive.”

“Thank you Diego,” Luz replied before wiping a tear from her eye. “Unfortunately, yes, that creep is still bothering my fiancée and I, but we're doing our best to keep from letting him get to us. I'm just glad that none of you hate me...”

As Diego and Luis reassured her that they knew the truth and could never hate her, María leaned over to Amelia. “She has a lot more self-doubt than the last time I saw her...”

“It's been a theme with both of us,” Amelia admitted as she finished off her tea. “We've done our best to be each other's rocks and we're certainly doing a lot better than we have been, but Caleb's been trying to insert himself into every waking moment of our lives lately because he's getting desperate, and I think we're both starting to crack a bit... we've got people trying to help us, but until then we just have to keep doing our best.”

“The fact that she has someone like you in her life... I can already tell you that means more than I think even she knows,” María told her, bringing a smile to both women's faces as Amelia couldn't help but finally find a sense of zen that had been eluding her for far too long now with everything else going on.

“Hey Ames,” Luz called out as she returned to the couch with the teens following her. “What do you think about helping me train these guys to join the business one day?”

Amelia just blinked as she took a moment to process this information. “Us? Training them?”

“Well...” Diego started to admit, “since our dad isn't around anymore and Luz is probably the closest we'll get to someone we know, we were hoping it'd be alright. I'm almost of age, and Luis would be eager to get an early start for when he's old enough.”

“We thought it might help you both with any issues you have too,” Luis chimed in.

“What do you say, honey?” Luz asked. “I remember when we tried to train Hairless Penguin to help him out for my Trios team last year... I know we talked about it, and I think it would really help you accept that you're not your parents and can train someone for the business your way. Plus, it'd be a chance for me to do for them what my dad did for me, something they didn't get the chance to have because they were still too young when it all happened.”

Amelia took a moment to ponder this before turning to María. “Would you be alright with this?”

“Yes, actually,” María replied. “I know how much they've been wanting to become wrestlers and follow in their father's footsteps, and I can think of no one better to help prepare them for that moment.”

“In that case... you kids have yourselves a deal,” Amelia told them, causing the boys to cheer and start chanting about how they were going to become wrestlers just like Luz and Amelia. “But... I think Luz and I need to resolve this mess with Caleb first, just to guarantee that your family won't get caught in the crossfire of all this.”

Luz nodded in agreement, feeling that was the best bet for this situation. The boys didn't like it at first, but they understood. After all, Mexico may have been a safe haven for the moment, but knowing Caleb, he would find a way around that somehow.

If nothing else, though, it finally allowed them a proper chance to prepare for the madness that was Fatal Fortunes and everything it had to offer, and knowing they now had some future protégés to train? In a way, it warmed both of their hearts after some of their recent discussions about their future together and gave them a purpose to fuel them toward that moment in time, where Caleb White would no longer plague their lives and, ideally, they'd have continued to prove themselves in the treacherous waters of SCW.
[Image: VU13RwA.png]

Tag Team Record: 19-7*
La Pequeña Luz Solo Record: 8-5
Amelia Blythe Solo Record: 4-5-1

*The tag team turmoil on the 9/14/2023 Breakdown is counted in this record as the three separate matches LITD had in the gauntlet up until their elimination.

Breakdown 3/30/2023 - Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In
La Pequeña Luz: 3 Falls
Amelia Blythe: 2 Falls
*Neither one finished high enough to win any championships in this match
*Result listed separately and not counted in records due to lack of clarity on how to count falls

SCW Accomplishments
SCW Television Championship (Amelia Blythe - 29 Days)
SCW Television Championship (La Pequeña Luz - 98 Days)
SCW World Tag Team Championship [2] (1 - 81 Days) (2 - Current)
2023 Tag Team of the Year
2023 Match of the Year (Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In)
We open up to find ourselves in a gym, though it's not the home gym we're used to seeing. Rather, this looks more like a professional gym, with several young wrestlers hard at work perfecting their craft or gaining the strength they need to perform the feats they wish to pull off. A few notable things we pick up on are the abundance of lucha libre posters lining the walls along with a large Mexican flag, making it clear that despite the upcoming Breakdown emanating from Canada, we currently find ourselves as far south from there as we can go while still being in North America. After a few moments of wandering through this gym and seeing future wrestlers preparing to take that next step, we reach a specific ring to find Amelia Blythe and La Pequeña Luz in the middle of what we can assume is a sparring match, though the speed they're going almost feels like a proper match is playing out before our very eyes. We see Amelia take Luz down, only for Luz to reverse the position and attempt to apply some sort of arm submission, which results in Amelia pulling her into a victory roll pinning position. Luz quickly kicks out, sending Amelia into the ropes before she tries for a european uppercut that Luz ducks by throwing herself to the mat and then immediately kipping back up. The two of them turn and stare one another down, ready to keep going, but out of the corners of their eyes they catch us watching them in action and nod to one another that it's time to take a break as they proceed to roll out of the ring right in front of us and take a moment to get some water. Once they've had a chance to rehydrate, Luz is the first to begin speaking while Amelia steps out of our field of vision for a moment.

“I'm sure you guys have a lot of questions right now, and at the forefront of your mind is probably this: 'Why are The Light In The Darkness in Mexico right now? Isn't Breakdown in Canada this week?' You'd be correct, and we have our reasons for being here, but I promise you that we'll be in Calgary in time for Breakdown this week. A big part of the reason we're here is because of some... issues, that have been going on outside the ring for Amelia and I. If you know or have an idea of what I'm talking about, then you know. If you don't, then that's all I'm comfortable saying on the matter right now. It's something we're hoping to maybe talk with CHBK and the SCW staff about before or after Breakdown this week just to try and help put some things into place that will ease some of our troubles. I'll say this: it sucks when things get out of hand to the point where you're finding it hard to feel safe just living your life, and no one should ever have to feel that way no matter how capable you are of defending yourself. Ames and I will get this dealt with as best as we can, but the fact that we've still been able to set foot into an SCW ring week after week and give you guys the very best we have to offer should speak volumes about what this sport means to us and how hard we will fight to keep walking our own path.”

It's at this point that Amelia returns to Luz's side, and we can see that she's retrieved not only their World Tag Team Titles, but also Luz's Television Title. She hands Luz her belts before they take a moment to properly rest them over their shoulders, wanting them to be seen since they're well aware of how much of a focal point these belts are going to be for the next few weeks at least.

“Aside from the issues my fiancée just touched on, we also felt it wouldn't be a bad idea to return to someplace familiar to help prepare us for the challenges that lie ahead. This gym is not only where Luz was first trained to become the luchadora she is today, but it's also where we first began training together to become The Light In The Darkness. This place is special to both of us because of that... it's the place where she first earned her mask and the identity of La Pequeña Luz, the first place where I felt like I could train to become something more than just another link in my family's legacy. This gym is almost like another home to us for that reason alone, and sometimes it helps to look back to the more positive moments of your past to help you focus for the future... especially when that future is unknown and the only certainty we can count on is that the two of us have a big target on our backs because of these titles resting on our shoulders right now.”

“Last week, I fought a man I used to respect in Simon Lyman, and while he claimed to still respect me despite the desperate vitriol he had to spout about my heritage and where I come from, he found out the hard way that I'm far more than what I appear to be. That's the biggest benefit that's come of Amelia and I being a tag team for as long as we have and the passion we both share for this sport: we have so much we can teach one another to evolve beyond what I can do with my speed and acrobatics and she can do with her grappling and technical prowess. We're always pushing ourselves and each other to get better, and that was all the motivation I needed to add another successful defense of the Television Championship to my name. As of this upcoming Breakdown, I will have held this title for just a little longer than my partner has-”

“And that, in and of itself, is motivation for me to keep putting my best foot forward. After all, I could find myself with an opportunity at another piece of singles gold... maybe even that TV Title you're holding right now, hermosa.”

“It'll take more than flattery to pry this title away from me, Ames, but I'll gladly welcome the challenge if that's how things play out.”

The two of them turn to stare each other down, but the grins they're wearing are all we need to know we're not suddenly on the verge of watching The Light In The Darkness fracture before our very eyes. They've made it clear time and time again, and this time is no exception: they have no problem with having to face one another if that's what it comes to because they both have no much passion and respect for the wrestling business that they can give each other the fight of their lives and will still happily leave the ring hand-in-hand regardless of what the end result may be. Even ignoring the fact that they're engaged, it's a level of respect that runs deep and one you may be hard-pressed to find these days.

“That's the thing, though... for the next two weeks, we don't know how things are going to play out. We don't know who Luz will defend the TV Title against or in what kind of match, and the same holds true for our Tag Titles as well. It could come to pass that Luz and I may find ourselves competing twice on both shows if that's what fate has in store for us. Our titles could be on the line, future title opportunities could be at stake, we could defend the Tag Titles against a team composed of two people who would rather rip each other apart than set aside their differences to give us the first defense we'd be hoping for... that is the unpredictability that is Fatal Fortunes, a concept where every detail of every match for the next two Breakdowns is decided purely by random chance. You won't know who you're facing until you step out into that ring, and while there are some who will probably take issue with this concept and deem it unfair, Luz and I are two individuals who welcome this kind of challenge and will gladly throw everything we have against whoever we find ourselves up against, regardless of the stipulation that may be at hand.”

“We know there may be a possibility we find ourselves in some crazy kind of match that we might feel uncomfortable doing for one reason or another, but we know that things aren't always going to play out in our favor. Adapting to any situation put in front of you is one of the biggest challenges of being a wrestler, and that's just one of the reasons why Amelia and I are always pushing ourselves and asking to be put in those kinds of impossible situations to see if we can do it. Amelia found herself winning this TV Title earlier in the year by wrestling inside of a ball pit, we were part of the first ever 12-person tag match in SCW history teaming with a bunch of people we weren't too keen on working with but were willing to put those differences aside, I challenged for the Underground Title even though that style of wrestling isn't normally who I am or what I'd find myself doing... heck, don't forget that Amelia and I willingly asked to start the gauntlet of tag team turmoil to see if we could go all the way. Those are just some of the situations we've tackled this year alone!”

“And not once did we complain about any of them. We simply adapted to the situation and made it work to the best of our abilities. That's why we look at those who may get upset about a specific scenario they could end up in to embrace it and make it work for you. Teams who only wish to compete as a team may find a chance to further prove themselves and legitimize their message by showing they're just as capable on their own as they are being part of a team. Those who prefer a more hardcore style of wrestling may get the chance to silence the critics who believe they 'can't wrestle' because of it. Those who are more technical in their nature like I am may be asked to embrace that violence and show how tough they truly are, or those who aren't known for being technical might find themselves having to win only by submission and realize the aptitude is there if they just dig deep. This is only the tip of the iceberg of what Fatal Fortunes could bring in Calgary this week and San Jose next week, but the key thing to take away from this is that we all have a chance to prove ourselves more capable than anyone may have thought before in one form or another. Embrace it, own it, show the world what you can do, because that's how people take you seriously and know that you're truly here to be part of the strongest wrestling roster in the world today... not willing to throw in the towel and run because something didn't go your way when this is far from the only situation where you could be asked to do that.”

It's clear by the look in their eyes that there are a few possibilities Luz and Amelia may not feel comfortable having to do if that's what fate has in store for them, but there's also a familiar fire in those gazes that makes it clear they aren't afraid to fight regardless because they know if they don't there's a very good chance they could end the year without any gold to their name. As they slide the titles they hold off their shoulders and hold them up for us to get a clearer view, we can see how much pride they take in calling themselves champions and everything that it means to be in this position.

“If you count the Tag Titles as one championship, then between the two of us, we hold about a third of the active titles in SCW right now. Just based on past Fatal Fortunes events, I know full well that I will probably have to defend the TV Title on each show, guaranteeing that at least one of the next Breakdowns will see me pull double duty. You might think that this works against us, that I'm letting my fiancée down by making her do all the work if I defend then TV Title and then have to turn right around to defend the Tag Titles with her. To those who may think that, let me ask you something... do you remember when I made a point of bringing up Amelia and I asking to start tag team turmoil a few months ago and getting our wish? True, we didn't go bell-to-bell on that night, but the fact that we wrestled three matches in a row and were pushed to our limits every single time, fighting for over half an hour with very little breaks between matches in the gauntlet, proves that I know full well how this could play out and I know I have the stamina necessary to wrestle twice in one night if I have to... whatever it takes to make our own fate and make sure we keep all the gold we walk in with using every last skill in our arsenals to succeed in that ring.”

“A lot has been made over the past few weeks about the difference between hunting for a title and then defending it... Kirsten Scott brought it up after Luz dethroned her for the TV Title, and here she is several weeks later still proudly holding that title. Ravyn Taylor has not been shy about mentioning it since we overcame her and Syren at Under Attack, and we've been eagerly awaiting our chance to prove that we're ready to be Tag Team Champions for a long time, challenging everyone in SCW to step up and go beyond their limits if they want to take the dual throne from us. We couldn't ask for a tougher challenge for our first defense than not knowing who we're facing or what kind of match it'll even be until it's time. To say nothing of Luz having to also defend the TV Title, or me having to wrestle another match as well, potentially to bring more gold to The Light In The Darkness or earn the opportunity to do that at a later date. These are the kinds of things that allow us to thrive together.”

“It was once said that we can't control the hand that life deals us, but we can accept the obstacles placed in our path. Those who choose to stand in the face of that adversity are forever strengthened and forged by life's most difficult challenges. This is why we stand here today, as The Light In The Darkness... it's more than a fancy name, it's who we are, being that beacon of hope and inspiration to so many others to fight through the adversity in their own lives, no matter how tough it may be.”

“We want to push the SCW roster, especially the tag division, to greater heights however we can. We want these titles we hold, and any titles we may hold down the road, to mean something when the day comes we finally lose them. We're here to carve our own legacies not just in SCW, but wrestling as a whole, and when the time comes for us to finally hang up our boots for good, we can leave this business behind knowing that it's much stronger than it was when we left it. There's only so much we can do on our own, though... hence why we challenge the SCW roster to step up, embrace fate, and give us everything you got throughout Fatal Fortunes. Let's give Calgary and San Jose a show they'll never forget and remind the world that SCW has, without a shadow of a doubt, the most elite wrestling roster in the entire world.”

Luz and Amelia simply grin as they hold their titles high, ready and willing to combat whatever Fatal Fortunes has in store for them and come out the other side stronger than ever, regardless of whether they win or lose. The message is clear: they aren't going down without a fight, and being drawn against them means you'd better bring your A-game because they're hoping for nothing less. With that, we see them gently set the title belts aside and exchange a brief kiss before rolling back into the ring and resuming their full throttle sparring session, giving us a brief glimpse of what could be if that's how the cards fall on either Breakdown, but this is where we fade away, respectfully not wanting to spoil such an epic clash too soon.
[Image: VU13RwA.png]

Tag Team Record: 19-7*
La Pequeña Luz Solo Record: 8-5
Amelia Blythe Solo Record: 4-5-1

*The tag team turmoil on the 9/14/2023 Breakdown is counted in this record as the three separate matches LITD had in the gauntlet up until their elimination.

Breakdown 3/30/2023 - Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In
La Pequeña Luz: 3 Falls
Amelia Blythe: 2 Falls
*Neither one finished high enough to win any championships in this match
*Result listed separately and not counted in records due to lack of clarity on how to count falls

SCW Accomplishments
SCW Television Championship (Amelia Blythe - 29 Days)
SCW Television Championship (La Pequeña Luz - 98 Days)
SCW World Tag Team Championship [2] (1 - 81 Days) (2 - Current)
2023 Tag Team of the Year
2023 Match of the Year (Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In)