Derek Adonis vs. La Pequena Luz
SCW Television Championship

2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Thursday, December 21, 2023
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
OOC: Just as a small note I wanted to make, I'm doing my promo first for this week as I ultimately didn't have the time today to finish the CD I normally try to do first. I'll reiterate this to be on the safe side for when that ultimately gets posted, but this promo will be taking place after what I have planned for my CD, so please keep that in mind.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

We open up to find ourselves in a hotel room, the large window along the back wall giving us an absolutely beautiful view of the city of St. Paul, Minnesota. Or rather... it would be a beautiful view had we gotten to see it on a nicer day. The sky is a dark grey and is currently in the middle of blanketing the city in a fairly heavy rainfall. Given the fact that it's late December, one can assume this rain has a good chance of freezing, and yet it doesn't stop the people from going about their lives as usual. Standing at the window and looking out at this sight is the figure of La Pequeña Luz, who seems to be deep in thought for a moment. We also see Amelia Blythe on the bed of the hotel room, doing some stretches as she keeps her focus on her World Tag Title belt laying across the foot of the bed, though she does occasionally glance over at Luz as she knows we're watching. After a moment, Luz does turn and walks over to exchange a brief kiss with Amelia while her fiancée is mid-stretch before she walks around the bed to stand in front of it, taking our undivided attention and leaving Amelia to her little workout. Luz takes a moment to adjust both her World Tag Title belt around her waist and her Television Title resting over her shoulder before that familiar smile graces her lips and seems to brighten up our world just a little bit.

“Fatal Fortunes has come and gone, and I'll be honest... that was quite an experience if I do say so myself. The Light In The Darkness, in one form or another, had four matches over the course of this two week event, more than anybody else on the roster, and I don't think it can be denied that we made a statement to anyone who still doubted how far we've come since returning to this company. You can try to argue about who we were drawn to face or the situations we found ourselves in, but when everyone in SCW is under those same exact terms, can you really use it as an argument? Amelia and I went in not knowing what to expect aside from needing to prepare ourselves for multiple matches, and the results speak for themselves. Collectively we went three for four on our draws... I got to make a statement against one-half of a tandem that we know full well is determined to get a shot at our Tag Titles sooner rather than later, we managed to defend these titles while simultaneously getting some long overdue payback against Holly Adams for trying to ruin one of the biggest moments of our lives, and I also got a bit of payback against the man who concussed me to end our first run in SCW while holding on to the TV Title in the process. One title defense was a Dumpster Match and the other saw my title hanging from a forklift and needing to be retrieved... two matches I can definitely say I've never competed in before.

All of that said, there's something else I need to address before I completely put Fatal Fortunes in the rear view mirror, and that concerns the one blemish on our collective record for the event.”

Behind her, we can see Amelia stop her stretching as she rather abruptly turns her full focus to Luz, who glances back at her with that smile but also a fire in her eyes that makes it clear that while she knows Amelia has her own feelings on the matter, she's not going to stay quiet on her partner's behalf while she has the spotlight. That said, it's clear she wants Amelia's approval before she actually says anything further, and after a moment of contemplating it, Amelia gives her future wife the green light with a nod and a smile that makes it clear she's very invested in what Luz has to say now. With that, Luz turns her attention back to us, the smile now fading.

“On last week's Breakdown, Amelia found herself drawn into what was supposed to be a tag match without our titles on the line or me as her partner. I say 'supposed to be' because her partner, Selena Frost, didn't show up at all despite evidence earlier in the night that suggested she had arrived for a return. Now, many people would be quick to hop on the fact that Amelia lost that match and is therefore the 'weak link' of our team because she was the only one between the two of us who lost during that whole event... never mind the fact that she busted her behind even outmatched two-to-one and one of those opponents was the U.S. Champion Deanna Frost herself. Had Amelia and Deanna been allowed to simply test themselves one-on-one against one another or if Selena was present for a proper tag match, then who knows how things would have turned out? But that's not what happened... I think it's only right that my fiancée properly address this further on her own terms, but I will say this: we don't hold anything against Deanna for being made to go through with it when it was clear she was just as uncomfortable about having the advantage in an unfair situation, and we've talked with her after the fact and can't fully hold anything against Selena when it's become clear someone is trying to use her name to get a rise out of people for some reason. Consider, however, the fact that Amelia still forged ahead even despite the situation and still gave it her all, taking Deanna to both of their limits as she's done before... that, to me, speaks volumes about how strong mi amor truly is.”

Luz glances back at Amelia again, her smile returning now. Amelia looks like she's starting to tear up but wipes her eyes and does her best to maintain her composure. We do see her mouth a 'thank you' as Luz nods and leans down so they can exchange one more kiss before Luz returns her focus to the task at hand while Amelia resumes her stretching to try and recompose herself.

“For the longest time, we've heard a lot of thoughts thrown around about who the 'weak link' is in our team or what would happen if one of us seemed to start taking off more than the other, and I won't lie... I'm starting to get real sick of it. Anyone who wants to hold Fatal Fortunes over Amelia's head needs to remember that earlier in this very same year, I was being considered the 'weak link' of The Light In The Darkness because I was struggling to score any victories on my own while Amelia was the first one between us to hold a championship in SCW and seemed like she was becoming a name to watch with her performance in the U.S. Title tournament, a performance she put together in the face of struggling with an unfortunate accident that a certain someone is trying to paint as an 'act of malicious intent' when anyone whose seen the footage could tell you it was anything but. The fact of the matter is that we're both human... we're not perfect or unbeatable no matter how much we constantly push our limits and do our best to improve with each and every outing we have. SCW has one of the most talented rosters we have ever been a part of, hands down, and you can never underestimate a single soul on it, especially when you're at the top of the mountain having to defend your throne.

A perfect example is the man I'll be defending this Television Title against here in St. Paul on the final Breakdown of 2023... Derek Adonis.

A lot of people on this roster take one look at Adonis and dismiss him as any sort of threat. He's not built like your 'typical' wrestler and his behavior in regards to women can be... concerning to say the least. The fact that SCW apparently had a whole match spun for Fatal Fortunes involving a pool of lube branded with his name raises several questions all its own I never thought I'd have to ask. But to assume this means I'm being given an easy title defense like it's some sort of early Navidad gift is how I end up losing this title to him. After all, Derek has me outsized by quite a bit in a way that I know is going to make it hard for most of my normal offense to have a significant effect on him, meaning I'm going to have to adapt once more to keep him off-balance and create that opening where I can score the win. Maybe you all think that would be easy to accomplish, maybe you think I'm loco for putting this much effort into a match against someone I 'shouldn't be stressing about.'

How can I not? Or have you all forgotten that despite the 'joke' everyone seems to think he is, Derek Adonis is a former two-time Television Champion and a win over me puts him in a very exclusive club of being tied with two other people for most reigns with this title?”

Luz lets that thought sink in for a moment as it is a very real possibility that could happen. She has a feeling that amid all the focus on “KABLAM!” and everything that tends to stand for and how people usually view him because of that, the fact that Derek Adonis has held SCW gold on two separate occasions has likely slipped the minds of many people. This is why she always goes out of her way to do her homework so she knows exactly what kind of challenge awaits her, especially as the reigning TV Champion.

“Regardless of what you think about the man, it's clear he's talented enough to be in this company and has proven it in the past. In fact, it's around this time of year when he's made the most of those opportunities and reigned as TV Champion, meaning I have every reason to be worried about being the reason for an Adonis threepeat with this title. Part of me can already hear all the jokes being formed now about what happens if that scenario occurs, ignorant of all the effort I've put in to not only get to this point but defend this title with every last ounce of blood, sweat and tears that I have to give, because clearly losing to this man is a sign that my career might as well be over, right?

Tell that to anyone he's beaten in the past who still bounced back better than ever, or better yet, tell that to Derek himself because for everything he's had to endure because of who he is—regardless of whether or not you have an issue with it—he's still here and he still fights with everything he has to earn the respect of the locker room and the fans.

Derek, I want you to know that while my partner and I may not be too keen on some of your... 'antics' when it comes to women, I do have some respect for someone who chooses to be themselves no matter how much everyone else tries to put you down for it. You've not only endured all this time, but you've clearly proven several times over that you belong here even when no one else seems to think so or wants to take you seriously. I stand here knowing that the chance to become Television Champion for a third time is all the motivation you need to give me the kind of fight that will see that goal to fruition... a chance to remind the world of exactly what you're capable of when you put your mind to it. I'm not afraid of that challenge... in fact, I welcome it. I want you to give me nothing less than your very best Derek because that way, even if I'm able to turn back your challenge, it'll be a reminder going into the new year that you're far more capable than so many seem to think and, for all anybody knows, 2024 could become the year that you truly cement that once and for all.

Make no mistake though Derek, I have no intention of letting this title go that easily. As I said earlier, the moment I take my foot off the gas pedal is the moment this period of La Pequeña Luz being a double champion ends, and I would rather go down fighting with the knowledge that my best just wasn't good enough against someone who wanted it more than I did than let go of this championship because I dared to hold back. That's not who I am nor is it what The Light In The Darkness stands for. This title? It's a symbol of how far I've come from that woman who 'couldn't win on her own to save her life' earlier this year, it's motivation for the love of my life to keep pushing herself so we can both look to make 2024 an even bigger year for the both of us as a team, as a couple, and even as individuals. The more I fight to hold on to this title, the greater the meaning for all of those things and more because this is only the beginning. In a year where Amelia and I have not only achieved a few firsts in our respective careers but also had the honor of being part of a few firsts in SCW history as well, the sky is the limit if we're willing to keep reaching for it... just as the same could be said of you and where you want to go regardless of whether you enter the new year as a three-time Television Champion or not.

I wish you the best of luck on Breakdown Derek, but as a precaution I'm also going to make one final thing clear: I'm coming to that ring to wrestle, not be involved in whatever 'KABLAM!' thing you may be hoping for in the back of your head. I may be a proud bisexual, but I'm also a loyal partner who's already happily taken and I'm afraid nothing you have to offer will change that.”

With that, Luz holds up her hand to clearly show off her engagement ring as Amelia rises from the bed, having finished her mini-workout, and laces her fingers with Luz's to put her own engagement ring on display as her free hand lifts her Tag Title belt to rest over her shoulder. The couple stand united in solidarity as we fade out, ready to end 2023 on a high note and prepare to take the new year by storm with whatever new challenges await them, both as a couple and as wrestlers.
[Image: VU13RwA.png]

Tag Team Record: 19-7*
La Pequeña Luz Solo Record: 8-5
Amelia Blythe Solo Record: 4-5-1

*The tag team turmoil on the 9/14/2023 Breakdown is counted in this record as the three separate matches LITD had in the gauntlet up until their elimination.

Breakdown 3/30/2023 - Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In
La Pequeña Luz: 3 Falls
Amelia Blythe: 2 Falls
*Neither one finished high enough to win any championships in this match
*Result listed separately and not counted in records due to lack of clarity on how to count falls

SCW Accomplishments
SCW Television Championship (Amelia Blythe - 29 Days)
SCW Television Championship (La Pequeña Luz - 98 Days)
SCW World Tag Team Championship [2] (1 - 81 Days) (2 - Current)
2023 Tag Team of the Year
2023 Match of the Year (Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In)
OOC: Just as a reminder, this CD takes place prior to the promo I posted yesterday, specifically right as the last Breakdown was wrapping up.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fate can be a fickle mistress, something that Amelia and Luz knew all too well.

Fatal Fortunes was in the books, and The Light In The Darkness could honestly call their first taste of the concept a huge success. The girls had gotten through their first World Tag Title defense and simultaneously gotten a measure of revenge against Holly Adams by tossing her into a dumpster, Luz had managed to make it out with her TV Title as well and even scored a non-title win over Brittany Lohan that hopefully sent a clear message to Twisted & Sadistic that taking their tag team crowns was not going to be as easy as they may have thought.

The only hiccup that prevented a perfect record for the two week event was Amelia losing what had essentially become a handicap match. Being drawn to team with the supposedly returning Selena Frost against her wife Deanna and Diamond Steele, Selena had ultimately not shown up. Efforts were made to correct this with Deanna and Amelia both willing to either go one-on-one or allow Luz to take Selena's place (which Luz would have still gladly done even if she had the foresight of knowing her TV Title defense was the very next match), but Diamond's desperation to get a win under her belt over a reigning champion regardless of how she did it had ultimately created the scenario that played out. Had this not occurred, the possibility that Amelia could have scored her own win for Fatal Fortunes existed since she'd overcome Deanna one-on-one before and it quickly became clear both women were dying for the chance to do it again and see how things would play out this time, but a Diamond cheap shot left Amelia wide open for the Burnout and that was the end of that.

They didn't hold it against Deanna, knowing full well she didn't agree with this turn of events and clearly seeing how uncomfortable she was at being able to say this was how she'd beaten Amelia this time around. A conversation had happened between the three of them once they'd gotten back through the curtain, and while Deanna hadn't given them the full story because of Luz immediately needing to go back out to have her last remaining title defense, they wouldn't have pressed her on all the details anyway and she'd still been willing to share enough that they had an idea of what was going on. Even with the limited time, they had reassured her they held no contempt for her or Selena and that they were always open to talk if she needed someone to vent to or even get a second opinion on what to do next before encouraging her to go find Selena's bus and get to the bottom of that mystery while they shifted attention to Luz's match.

With this Breakdown now coming to a close, though, the two of them had retired to their locker room to shower and change before taking off. Since they were back in California, the plan was to crash at a hotel for the night before driving to Anaheim tomorrow so they could return home and allow their friends a place to stay for a bit while they tried to plan ahead. 2023 was almost over after all, so the thought of looking ahead to 2024 and deciding what to do to ring in the new year helped give them some much-needed peace.

Especially since Christmas was already looking to be more stress than it had any right to if The Empire had their way.

With plans still in place on their end for a Christmas Day wedding between Henry and Amelia, Caleb and the Blythe parents had stepped up all efforts from The Empire to try and at least capture her so the plan could proceed as scheduled. Luz had been a secondary concern, but clearly there had been some extra incentive driving their cronies if she was brought back as well. Given there had been a few moments where Luz had been the only target over the past two weeks, everyone had realized the idea of her being abducted to try and force Amelia's hand was on the table as well. There had even been efforts to capture the others as well with this same hope in mind, with the only people who'd been safe thus far being Camila and Valentina since Mexico had basically become off-limits to Caleb's cult.

Unfortunately for The Empire, all of their attempts had been thwarted thus far in a way that they were certain had Caleb fuming. Whoever Marilyn knew in the FBI had come through for them because a combination of their agents and local law enforcement seemed to be keeping an eye on the couple and anyone affiliated with them, and every time someone from The Empire made a move they were immediately shut down and apprehended. It was almost surreal the kind of constant security detail they effectively had now, but it had helped immensely in taking the burden of Caleb's deranged scheming off their shoulders so they could do the only two things they really wanted to do right now: focus on their SCW careers and just live their lives.

At the moment, Luz was finishing up a call with Gage to see where everyone was at so she and Amelia could meet up with them outside and make the trip back to their hotel. Luz couldn't help but grin as she ended the call and turned to Amelia, having gotten some news she knew her fiancée would be excited to hear. Her grin faded, however, when she saw the glum look on Amelia's face after she'd finished getting her shirt on. She had a feeling she knew what was going on, but she still carefully sat down beside her wife-to-be and let her rest her head on her shoulder as she gently wrapped an arm around her waist.

“¿Estás bien querida?” Luz asked, opening the door for Amelia to tell her if she wanted to.

“I want to say 'yes' but I know better,” Amelia admitted with a sigh. “I just... I know it was pretty much out of our hands and we talked with Deanna about it after the fact, but it still hurts knowing I wasn't able to get a win of my own out of Fatal Fortunes like you did. Yeah, we defended the Tag Titles, and it was very satisfying getting to take out the trash after Holly saw fit to try and ruin our very first Rise to Greatness moment, but...”

“You think people are going to hold this against you?” Luz replied, knowing where Amelia was trying to go with this. “That they're going to try and claim you're holding me back when they had that argument reversed for most of this year?”

“Kind of,” Amelia lamented. “Don't get me wrong hermosa, I'm very proud of you and seeing what you're building for yourself with your TV Title reign is inspiring. It's just a bit hard when it seems clear for right now that the longer your reign lasts, the more SCW wants to focus on you every week unless we need to defend our tag team gold. Tonight was the first match I've had since we beat Dark Fantasy back at Under Attack, and having to deal with that whole handicap scenario...”

“It was bullshit,” Luz threw out, which at least got a chuckle out of Amelia at the rare swear from her love. “Believe me, I get it. Being completely transparent? I may have had those same concerns back when you became TV Champion, especially since at that time my only chance to show what I can do on my own was my Trios outing last year. Those thoughts went away when you lost the title, but I felt horrible thinking about it because what kind of partner would I be if I was happy to not worry about sitting on the sidelines because you lost a championship?”

“It's not the first time either of us have been singles champions,” Amelia noted. “Although... that title truly has been a test of endurance that was relatively new to the both of us.”

“And it doesn't have to mean you can't bounce back on your own and remind the world of what Amelia Blythe is truly capable of,” Luz told her, the excitement creeping into her tone hard to miss. “So Diamond Steele wants to celebrate because she 'beat' you tonight? Maybe think that entitles her to something? Well, we've always preferred to solve our wrestling problems in a wrestling ring...”

“...so maybe we see if she's willing to put her money where her mouth is and make her earn a fair and proper victory over me,” Amelia's eyes lit up as she caught on to what Luz was implying. “It's a chance to get that win back and start setting myself up for future opportunities while making it clear I'm not going to just be forgotten about while you're over here being the best champion that SCW television could ask for.”

“Sometimes we have to be the ones to take the initiative to get the results we want,” Luz grinned. “That's why we have the gold we have right now and why anyone who wants to take any of it from us or defend their own gold down the road against us better bring their absolute best. That actually reminds me! Gage told me that Ivy's decided she wanted to take a stab at that open invitational at the End of the Year Special after all!”

It didn't take long for Amelia to have a grin that mirrored Luz's at this news. “Speaking of taking the initiative! I can't wait to see how she does because she's more than earned a chance to prove herself on the biggest stage just like we have.”

“They're waiting outside, so we can talk more with her about it as soon as we get out there!” Luz responded.

That seemed to be all the motivation they needed as they had a plan in place regarding SCW already for the coming weeks, and it didn't take them long to pack up and start heading out to the parking lot. Luz could tell Amelia was still clinging to some doubts about being their tandem's one and only Fatal Fortunes defeat even despite the circumstances that she knew many others on the roster would have simply walked away from to not put up with an 'unfair match drawing,' but she at least seemed to be in better spirits for the moment. She made a mental note to talk with her more about it, and maybe pitch an idea or two to CHBK if possible, to give her fiancée the opportunity she deserved... maybe saying something a little more public about it going into next week's Breakdown in St. Paul to really help lift Amelia's spirits and make her own thoughts on this nonsense clear.

Still, they were certain there was plenty to be excited for heading towards the end of the year. Luz would still have one more TV Title defense before 2023 was done, but she and Amelia had certainly made a statement that, for all they knew, could be considered for a few things regarding the End of the Year Special. Not to mention knowing that Ivy was going to take a stab at the invitational gave them something to do besides potentially accept awards if nothing else was in the cards for them on that night, and as they stepped out into the parking lot to meet up with the others, they were eager to prepare for rooting Ivy on.

“It's about time you two joined us.”

Any positive feelings the couple were experiencing vanished the moment they heard those words, their eyes taking in the sight before them as they froze in place. Ivy, Gage, Edward and Emily were standing in front of them, lined up almost like a human wall, and they quickly realized why. Standing just far enough that he was safe from any immediate retaliation was Aleister Blythe, flanked by a small horde of goons dressed in Empire attire. The thing that sent a chill down their spines, however, wasn't the surprise appearance of Amelia's father, but rather the fact that the four figures with him were all armed. Two men had handguns clearly aimed right at all of them, while two masked figures armed with what looked like assault rifles stood behind them keeping watch, no doubt to respond if the law tried to intervene like it had been lately.

“Tienes que estar bromeando,” Luz muttered under her breath, and Amelia shared in her shock and frustration as she glared at her father.

“You've gotten so desperate that now you're willing to threaten shooting your own daughter just to get your way?” she spat at him.

“We have no intention of causing serious harm to the two of you,” Aleister replied, his tone stoic as though he wasn't bothered by the accusation or the implication of what those around him might do. “That said, you are the only one who is truly safe in that regard Amelia dear. Your friend-”

“Fiancée,” Amelia didn't hesitate to correct him.

“-isn't as safe, but Caleb can understand if an 'accident' were to put her out of commission until he can completely save her,” he continued, ignoring his daughter's interruption. “The other people you care about, however... if you don't want their blood to be on your hands, I suggest the two of you cease with this little charade and come along peacefully so we can prepare for the wedding.”

“Amelia isn't marrying Henry!” Luz defiantly yelled, and Amelia didn't hesitate to take her hand as they held them up, showing off their engagement rings without fear. “She and I are engaged because we truly love one another and have done everything to make each other better. If your only issue with that is because we're both women, then you really need to find a better argument.”

“You know nothing, you filthy little mongrel,” Aleister growled. “Amelia marrying Henry is meant to help bring both the White and Blythe names into a new era of prosperity that will also benefit the world as a whole. A Christmas marriage between our family prodigy and the son of the designated savior of humanity is the symbol of purity and unity that will be the first step-”

“Do you even hear yourself right now?” Ivy suddenly cut in, a fury in her eyes the likes of which none of them had ever seen before. “You truly believe that Caleb White is the second coming of Jesus Christ, here to save us all despite how he's manipulated and brainwashed everyone around him, taken innocent lives because he's trumped up how 'terrible' their sins are and believes no one should have a choice because he's the only one to make it for them? Last I checked, God gave everyone free will to be whoever they wanted to be, and if that's a sin now then who among us is actually worth saving?”

“Ivy's right,” Amelia added. “Caleb has this 'grand vision' that I'm pretty sure only makes sense to him, and I know I'm not interested in being married off to a man I know I will never have feelings for all just so you and mom can live out some corrupt power fantasy.”

“I doubt even Henry's on board with this plan,” Luz fired off as well. “He's only playing along because he's afraid of Caleb, just like everyone else in your group is because you've all given him that much power over you.”

“I've heard enough,” Aleister sternly called before turning to the man on his left and nodding. “Since you still wish to be defiant, I suppose an example will have to be made so you know there will be no more running from your destiny. I believe Miss Plume has meddled in our family's business for long enough.”

The man on Aleister's left aimed his handgun right at Ivy, finger preparing to pull the trigger. At that moment, it fully sank in for Amelia and Luz that he truly wasn't making idle threats and fully intended to kill, and they started to move only for the other man to turn his handgun in their direction, ready to fire himself. The masked figures also took firing stances, almost as though they'd spotted something and prepared to ensure there was no interference. Ivy, despite the situation and the very clear concern from her friends, stood defiant all the same, almost daring them to fire.

“Farewell, Ivy,” Aleister coldly said. “I'd say you'll be missed, but the Blythe family garden will truly look better without you being the weed that keeps infecting my daughter with your awful influence.”

“And just when I thought you couldn't be any more of a pathetic hack, Aleister.”

Aleister was confused at this sudden addition to the conversation, but that confusion soon turned to anger as the man aiming at Ivy was clobbered over the back of the head by one of the masked figures, with the other turning only to immediately have their legs swept out from under them and the butt of a rifle cracked across his face to knock him out. Once the threat had been neutralized, the two figures unmasked. The smaller one was a tan-skinned woman with a wild mane of auburn hair that had somehow been hidden with her Empire disguise. The taller man, and the one who had spoke, was a black man with a goatee and black dreads tied into a ponytail.

“Darius!?” Aleister exclaimed, clearly not expecting to see someone he seemed to know, barely even reacting as the woman started putting him in cuffs. “What are you doing here!?”

“Working on behalf of the NCA to help the FBI put an end to this madness since your 'dear friend' Caleb has seen fit to make this an international affair,” the man now identified as Darius bluntly told him. “But we can talk more about that while we have you in custody. Evie, take him away and keep a close eye on him.”

The woman—now identified as Evie—hummed and nodded in acknowledgment before leading Aleister away. The man began to rant about saying nothing and not being their prisoner for long, but he was surprised to find his struggles to free himself countered as Evie made sure he wasn't going anywhere. A few FBI agents weren't too far behind as they apprehended the other two men while Darius approached the group, the Blythes staring at him in awe while the others looked grateful.

“Everyone alright?” he asked them.

“Thanks to you,” Luz confirmed.

“Darius?” Amelia asked, causing Luz to turn and look at her with a bit of confusion. “Darius Darlington, dad's old wrestling rival?”

“And old friend of his... or so I thought,” Darius lamented. “It's amazing to see how much fame and fortune will change someone you thought you knew... I'm at least glad to know his and Ophelia's children at least turned out alright.”

“So... what does this mean?” Emily asked.

“Well, between law enforcement from several countries now working to try and shut The Empire down and bring Caleb White into custody once and for all... hopefully an end to this sooner rather than later,” Darius stated. “Especially with one of their biggest players now in our custody. That said, there's still a lot more work that needs to be done... with any luck, though, we can take it from here and try our best to keep you all out of it going forward.”

Luz and Amelia really wanted that to be the case, and Darius's reassurance helped to put them at ease, but even as they gave statements and prepared to head back to their hotel for some well-deserved rest, they just knew it wasn't going to be that simple. Seeing Darius and Evie pull Ivy aside to privately talk with her about something partially confirmed their suspicions, but knowing full well how far Caleb was willing to go to get his way, all they could hope for was that this storm quieted down and things at least got better for them before they got worse.

Unfortunately, at this point, only time would tell.
[Image: VU13RwA.png]

Tag Team Record: 19-7*
La Pequeña Luz Solo Record: 8-5
Amelia Blythe Solo Record: 4-5-1

*The tag team turmoil on the 9/14/2023 Breakdown is counted in this record as the three separate matches LITD had in the gauntlet up until their elimination.

Breakdown 3/30/2023 - Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In
La Pequeña Luz: 3 Falls
Amelia Blythe: 2 Falls
*Neither one finished high enough to win any championships in this match
*Result listed separately and not counted in records due to lack of clarity on how to count falls

SCW Accomplishments
SCW Television Championship (Amelia Blythe - 29 Days)
SCW Television Championship (La Pequeña Luz - 98 Days)
SCW World Tag Team Championship [2] (1 - 81 Days) (2 - Current)
2023 Tag Team of the Year
2023 Match of the Year (Kim Williams' Trios Cash-In)
Part Two: King Hardcastle
[Image: vJXLyBV.png]