Deanna Frost vs. Marie Jones
DISCLAIMER: The following is a work of fiction and not to be confused as complete or accurate representation of any beliefs, religions, etc. Please refer to research/articles by experts for that.

The Witches of Alden

”Dress”

Frost ‘Forever Home’
Manhattan, New York
February 20, 2024
2:12pm

The redhead could not stop the surge of giddiness as she stood before the large mirror that was bolted against the wall, the dark black iron that made up the frame contrasting the near shimmering glass that seemed to slightly reflect the sunlight that came from the nearby windows. In the same way, she adored the way the red of her hair, curly and flowing down her bare shoulders, contrasted the dark, emerald-green of the dress that hugged her form just right. It began with the snug top with part of the material folded right at the bust line before flowing down into the gown seamlessly, pooling out at her hips to give an elegant look.

But it was the sparkling embroidery that caught her eye most of all. Shimmering silver in a gorgeous pattern flowed up from the bottom to the top like a river or vines, covering all sides without taking away from the green.

Biting her lower lip, Deanna daring spun on the spot again, allowing herself to be a little enamored with how she looked. She felt so…so… special.

It wasn’t the first time the young woman had worn dresses before. That would be silly. Since her marriage to Selena and her debut into the world of Supreme Championship Wrestling as a manager, Deanna had, more times than she could even recall, attended parties. There was the Hall of Fame ceremonies every few years, for example, and that said nothing to the romantic dates, birthday parties, and such that came with her life with the Snow Queen.

Still, even with all of that, this felt different.

It’s for… it’s for me.

Well, not exactly. The dress was for the upcoming gala-ball-party that was being held by the Aldens to commemorate this year’s graduating class of ‘witches’. In the same room that she had taken on this challenge on behalf of the Alden family, Deanna would be recognized as a graduate… a witch she thought to herself as she admired her reflection once more.

Of course, it wasn’t just her. The ballroom would be filled with graduating students, each on with the same ‘status’ as her. Still, she felt giddy. Because… as Raphael Alden had said… she was the ‘star’.

It was true. As the student with the highest grades, Deanna had achieved a rather prominent status in the class, chosen by the teacher, Mrs. Winthrop, and the Alden-council to give a graduating-ceremony-speech to commemorate the occasion. As Raphael had said it, ‘it makes you the belle of the ball’…

Her… DEANNA Frost… the most important person at such a party?

A slight mew of excitement escaped her, causing Deanna, on instinct, to cover her mouth with her hand in shock, her reflection mirroring her without fail. It was amazing and so wonderful, she couldn’t deny. She had graduated high school back in Kentucky in defiance to the bigots and haters of her town, letting herself be despised simply because of her sexuality. It had been empowering, and yet, part of her had wanted – standing on that stage at the age of 17 – to merely be accepted by her home. It was not meant to be and she had forced herself to move on.

Still, that desire had not left her. Maybe it had manifested itself slowly as she had transitioned from student to manager to wrestler in SCW. That desire to be accepted and treated with respect by the outside world, not just by the family that loved her. In many ways, she had that in SCW, but it was still a tough battle. Her credibility was constantly questioned, though not as much as her morals and ethics, especially with Selena returning as the “Blue-Eyed Devil”.

The thought of her wife caused a spike of guilt and sadness to hit her, temporarily tainting the jubilation she had been feeling today. She knew that, while she had been invited and would be the ‘center-of-attention’, she could not share such a proud moment of her life with Selena, no matter how much part of her desired to.

Selena hadn’t been invited.

There was no mistake about that. Deanna had received her invitation months ago, as well as her invitation to be the speaker weeks after once her grades had been finalized. But Selena’s invitation… had never arrived. At first, the young redhead had thought that there had been some mistake. She was certain Selena had passed all her exams just like she had. A phone call to Mrs. Winthrop had confirmed as much. That left one other option, with Deanna calling Raphael shortly after.

It was in the conversation that she had learned the issue. There had been no mistake. The platinum-blonde had purposefully been left off the guest list, along with a good number of students. According Raphael, the ball was meant to honor ‘the elite’ of the each class, those that passed with the highest grades, made the most ‘effort’, and showed true ‘promise’ of becoming outstanding members of the Alden-community.

Selena was not such a person… but Deanna was.

Reaching up, Deanna tucked a few strands of curly, red hair behind her ear. It was depressing, and yet, Deanna had chosen not to say anything to Selena. First, she was sure that her estranged wife wouldn’t care over such a thing. Second, it wasn’t like they were sharing anything these days. Not their free-time, not a bed, nothing since her wife had left the family to pursue her return and ‘revenge tour’ throughout SCW. That was the second thing. Her wife was consumed with that tour, living the high-life or whatever it was she was doing – another sigh escaping Deanna had the thought.

Her wife was… Deanna wasn’t sure what the woman was at this point. It was like she had changed in some way. In many ways, she was still ‘Selena’, if that made any sense. The way she spoke, the way she carried herself, it was all ‘Selena’ in some way or another. But living in that Eyrie Tower? That was the most glaring thing. It was leagues above their own home, but it was too much. Too opulent. Too high-class for Deanna.

It all felt… she sighed… being in that penthouse for the first time and seeing Selena there, Deanna hated to admit that she had felt the same way she had felt on that day of her high school graduation. Not in respects to being ‘hated’, she still believed with all of her heart that Selena did not hate her. But the belief that she was ‘better’. That Selena was a ‘higher class’ than her.

That’s the real reason I don’t want her there…

Her mind fired the thought unprovoked through her, causing the champion’s body to stiffen. Yet, the more she held the thought, the more honest it felt. She didn’t want her wife there… to look at her with that look of ‘I’m better than you’, even if Selena didn’t mean it. She didn’t want her wife to scoff and sneer at the Aldens over this ‘slight’ or even to act unfazed and nonchalant. Any of that… and the night, HER night, wouldn’t be as special to Deanna. It would be tainted. It would be ‘less’.

And she… she didn’t want to feel that. She wanted to stand proudly before her peers. She wanted to talk about her journey throughout all of this. She wanted to see them smiling and applauding her afterwards. She wanted to talk to members of the Alden family, be welcomed and respected.

None of that, sad as it was, circled around Selena – her mental image of the woman conjuring no such positive feelings or earlier ones of ‘giddiness’. And, thus, it only further cemented the choice she had made in her mind.

She didn’t need Selena for this, just like she didn’t need Selena in SCW. She had her own direction, just like CHBK had alluded to (though she felt guilty about taking so long and having to watch a replay of the scene on YouTube to truly get his meeting) – her own path to walk with the United States Championship! She had granted Polly another title match – one the woman deserved after their last match ended the way it did – and had even pushed it up to a Last Woman Standing Match. On top of that, she was going to be facing a rather game and unpredictable Marie Jones this upcoming Breakdown, the send-home episode before Retribution!

She gave herself a nod, watching her reflection do the same. She didn’t want to play games like Selena was doing with Kandis. She didn’t want to have all this drama and whatever hanging over her head. She wanted to just wrestle. For her actions in the ring to do the talking rather than contract signings and demands.

It was simple logic. Polly deserved a second chance to get the United States Championship. Deanna had fought to get her one.
Marie Jones wanted a match to prove herself in SCW. Deanna was going to give her one.
No tricks, no nothing.

A second nod and Deanna had turned from the large mirror in the dining room, walking the few steps to enter the sitting room of her house. Within a few steps, she spotted the older woman waiting patiently on the couch, the white hair and dark skin contrasting with the black of the furniture. Biting a lower lip to combat the nervousness, Deanna slowly cleared her throat, immediately getting the attention of her mother-in-law, Alejandra VanHohenheim. It took a moment for the older woman’s eyes to take in the sight of her before a wide grin split across her features, Alejandra almost jumping to her feet and rushing over to Deanna, her hands reaching out to take Deanna’s into them.

“My goodness…” she said, the pride and joy undeniable in her voice. “You look incredible, my dear.”

“Thanks, mom.” Deanna managed to squeak out, the familiar feeling of joy filling her once more. “It’s so beautiful…” she admired the gown she wore.

“Say what you will about Raphael.” Alejandra sighed. “The man has good taste.”

The instigator of this whole thing, Raphael Alden, had not hesitated in shifting his stance months ago, offering support and understanding to Deanna amidst her marital troubles – though she still did not entirely trust him. Still, he had taken it upon himself to personally contact the redhead with the news of her upcoming ‘speech’ and, to further his point, had provided the beautiful dress Deanna now wore. They had even met to further discuss the details, and to calm what had been Deanna’s aggressive ‘nerves’ about giving a speech. Sure, she gave promos and all that, but…but that was different…

My promos don’t even have a name to them! She thought to herself in slight amusement. Still, the member-in-good-standing amidst the Aldens - How am I kidding? He’s a power player! Deanna corrected herself – had patiently listened to her and given any and all advice he could. Even Mrs. Winthrop, the elder teacher, had become a second… or third?... mother-like figure to Deanna over the past year and change, sharing her own past marriages and experiences to assist the young Frost.

Winthrop. Raphael. Caius and Sage. Even some of the other Alden members… Deanna had met and made some friends in her venture to clear Alejandra’s family of any wrongdoing. She…she had made a little community in her own little world – something that could be hers, especially with Selena focusing only on rushing through it and being done with it.

And now? She was going to celebrate all of that in a few days…

“You nervous?” she heard Alejandra ask, earning a quick series of nods from Deanna.

“Not as much as before but still, yes.” Deanna slowly released her mother-in-law’s hands. “I don’t really want to screw up the speech or step on people’s toes or cause a scene or spill punch or-“

“Set the place on fire, break every window in the ballroom, inadvertently cause everyone to start doing the ‘macarena’?”

Deanna stopped her rambling upon hearing Alejandra, turning her head to see the teasing smile the woman was giving her. “If I could make everyone do the macarena, that would be awesome!” she defiantly shot back. “Could measure it on the Richter-scale!”

A quick laugh and a shake of her head and Alejandra was turning away from Deanna to take her place back on the couch. “I’m just saying…” She explained, “That you cannot control everything. Just focus on you.”

“I know…” Deanna sighed. “But I just… I’ve never really had something like this happen for me before.”

“You’ve never been to a party?” Alejandra raised an eyebrow. “I find that hard to believe.”
“I didn’t say that.” Deanna shrugged her bare shoulders. “But I’ve never had a party where I’m…sorta…kinda…”

“The focus?” Alejandra smiled. “What about your wedding?”

“Ha!” Deanna laughed. “Selena was the celebrity. All eyes were on her.”
“Not hers…”
“No…” Deanna sighed, again feeling that twinge of sadness. “Not hers.”

The pair sat in silence for a moment, merely letting the emotional weight settle. “Anyway…” Deanna tried to change the topic. “You, Margaret, and Raphael have helped. I think I was on my fourth or fifth draft of my speech before I came to you guys.”

“Margaret?” Alejandra asked.
“Mrs. Winthrop.”
“Oh! Okay! I always loved her when she taught me.”
“Well, she’s been wonderful too. A lot of people have…”

With a sigh, and some difficulty, Deanna arranged herself on the couch, sitting beside the slightly taller Alejandra. “Is…when all this is over… what happens?” she asked without thinking.

“Well… nothing.” Alejandra shrugged. “The family debt is clear. Matters are resolved. Everything goes back to normal, I suppose.”

“No… I mean… what happens to the graduates?”

“They go back to their lives. Most of them are teenagers, so they’ll go to post-secondary or family jobs. I really don’t understand what you’re asking.”

“It’s just…” Deanna sighed. “Is that it? All the work and training and it’s over? I never see anyone again?”

The question slightly surprised Alejandra, who moved her head back a little to study her daughter-in-law. “What do you mean?”

Nervously, Deanna’s hands fiddled inside one another. “I mean, the lessons, the festivals, the balls, all of it… and then everyone that’s been so helpful and nice to me.” She gave a shrug of her shoulders. “I started feeling like…. I don’t know… like I could belong there.”

“As an Alden?”

“I don’t know.” She sighed again, a bit more forcefully. “But I was happy studying and learning and meeting these people. I don’t want all of that to just go away because I graduated.” Not like in Kentucky…

She had disappeared from them the second Selena had given her a way out and, not once, looked back. Her sister, Amy, had even turned on her after a few visits – looking at her and seeing a stranger… the same way Deanna was seeing Selena some days. Great! Now I’ve got THAT in my head!

“Deanna…” Alejandra tried, reaching out to take Deanna’s hands into hers once more. “The Alden community – the coven – it isn’t all sunshine and rainbows, you know. I know you’ve seen some of the beautiful parts and the glamour but… there is a dark side to it as well.”

“I know.” Deanna nodded. She had witnessed that ‘dark-side’ in the beginning of all this. How the Aldens had tracked Alejandra down, what they had done to her in her childhood… Deanna’s very presence in that ‘world’ was a direct result of that ‘darkness’.

“Still…” Deanna sighed. “I don’t want it all to go away.”

“Well…” Alejandra shrugged. “It doesn’t have to.” She offered. “If you really want to, you can keep learning and join them as a more involved member.”

“I can?”

“Yeah, I suppose.” Alejandra shrugged nervously. “Look at Raphael. He’s heavily involved with their business, even with the elders. I’m sure he and Winthrop can give some pointers. Just…” the older woman but her lower lip, as if she was trying to choose her words carefully. “Just be careful, Deanna. There’s a reason I had to run away from them. And I don’t want you to lose your family to their ways like I lost mine.”

“I…” She couldn’t keep her eyes away from the sad expression on her mother’s face. “I won’t.” she settled on answering, before the next thought rambled out. “The rate things are going, I’ll lose her for entirely different reasons.”

Her eyes widened as she realized the remark that had slipped out, but when she turned her attention back to her wife’s mother, she saw only patience.

“Have you tried-“
Deanna shook her head at that immediately. “I’ve tried every way to talk to her. To get her to come back home. I told her that I’d be understanding. I told her that I’d stop talking about work. Nothing worked. In the end…” she sighed. “I think we’re bound to fight one day.”

“Fight?!” there was alarm in Alejandra’s voice, which only got a nod out of Deanna.

“One day.” Deanna repeated. “It seems to be where we are headed. She’s the villain in SCW. I’m… Well, I don’t know what I am but it’s not her devoted follower anymore.”

“But you still love her.”
“Of course I do.” Deanna felt her voice break a little at that. “I love her more than ever before, and more each day. But she believes she can’t be what she needs to be in SCW with me around her. I’m…” a huff of frustration escaped her. “I don’t know what I am to her at this point.”

“But this weekend-“

“I haven’t told her.” Deanna admitted, still feeling only sadness at that truth. No guilt. “I don’t want her to be there when she’s like this. It just… it would make things worse… Better that she not know.”

“But she-“

Alejandra never got to finish her sentence as there was a sudden sound from the front door – one of the door being unlocked. Instinctively, Deanna jumped to her feet - an impressive move considering the dress she wore – her mind now a frenzy of thought.

Was that Selena with the children?
Why was she back so early?!
She was supposed to have them till the evening!

Those thoughts and various forms of them ran rampant in Deanna’s mind during the five to ten seconds it took for the door open. Immediately, she saw her son, David, bolting into the house, kick off his shoes and rush upstairs - to his room to play video games, no doubt – followed by Elsianna and Amiliah. The oldest Frost-child, managed to spy her mother out of the corner of her way, her jaw dropping as she took Deanna in.

“Mom, you look so pretty!” she smiled, holding little Amiliah in her gloved hands.
“Pretty! Pretty!” Amiliah added with childish delight, pointing a small finger at Deanna, the girls’ actions causing an unstoppable smile to break through Deanna’s features.

Though that smile faltered as Elsianna turned her head to the last woman that entered the house, closing the door behind the three of them. “Doesn’t she look gorgeous, mother?”

And slowly, as Deanna lifted her head from her daughters to the taller woman, she stared into the sapphire eyes of her wife, Selena merely standing there and gazing at her.

“She does indeed.” The Snow Queen remarked with a smile and a tilt of her head. “Very gorgeous.”
[Image: hffOaUZ.png]
SCW Supreme Champion
6x SCW World Champion
4x SCW World Tag-Team Champion
2x SCW United States Champion
3x SCW Adrenaline Champion
SCW Television Champion
Longest Reigning SCW World Champion (234 days)
Winner of Shot of Adrenaline Tournament (2016)
Winner of Best of the Best Tournament (2016)
Winner of Trios Tournament (2018)
Winner of U.S. Championship Tournament (2020)
Winner of World Championship Tournament (2023)
Winner of Tactical Warfare (2014, 2019)
Winner of Elimination Chamber (2015)
Winner of Roofed Cage Match (2019)
Winner of Last Person Standing Match (2019)
The Unbelievable Main Event (2021-2023)
Winner of Double Jeopardy Match (2022)
Winner of EOTY Invitational (2023)
Female Wrestler of the Year (2016, 2021, 2022)
Tag-Team of the Year (2020 - w/ Regan Street)
Match of the Year (2018, 2019, 2021, 2023)
Feud of the Year (2014, 2019)

[Image: 34zetxl.png]

Messages In This Thread
Deanna Frost vs. Marie Jones - by Konrad Raab - 02-20-2024, 02:23 PM
RE: Deanna Frost vs. Marie Jones - by The Matt - 02-20-2024, 04:27 PM
RE: Deanna Frost vs. Marie Jones - by The Matt - 02-21-2024, 02:57 PM
RE: Deanna Frost vs. Marie Jones - by SnowQueenSCW - 02-22-2024, 11:34 PM