The Enigma vs. Marie Jones
SCW Television Championship

2 RP limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET THURSDAY, May 2, 2024 (Deadline will return to Wednesday next week)
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
1 of 2
=====

==========
April 29th, 2024
Albany, New York
Off Camera
==========

Breakdown was certainly an eventful night for “The Phoenix” Marie Jones. After being tag team partners with Chris Dumont at Taking the Leap, Marie marched into Breakdown and defeated him in a hard fought match to successfully retain her SCW Television Championship. This means that her nonstop, workhorse schedule will continue next week in Japan as she defends against the next challenger; former champion The Enigma. This defense will not be just any ordinary title match, not for The Phoenix. This one has become far more personal because, the same night Marie retained her title against Dumont, The Enigma also chose to appear out of nowhere and attack Marie’s identical twin sister Kimberly Williams. Was it a case of mistaken identity? Was The Enigma planning a preemptive strike on the champion and thought Kim was actually Marie? It is possible however unlikely. Everyone else knew it was Kim. She was announced as Kim. How could The Enigma have made such a mistake? It was obviously done on purpose. The Enigma intentionally struck at Marie’s family. And maybe that was just it? Perhaps his mind game all along was to strike at a member of Marie’s family? Whatever the case may be, Jones has now found more motivation to win in Japan. This isn’t just about her championship. This is about avenging her sister.

Marie has always felt a closeness to her twin sister Kimberly. Identical twins always have a close relationship, that goes without saying. But Marie and Kim have always been there for one another, even when one or the other went off the rails, the other always remained supportive. When Marie was lured into the Inner Peace Enlightenment cult, Kimberly never gave up on her. Kim never gave up on trying to bring her back into the family. Now Marie is back in her family’s good graces, she has custody of her son Sean back, and thanks in part to Kim, Marie learned that the woman she had been dating, Julianne Buchanan, had been manipulating and using her this entire time. Marie can now move on from Inner Peace and Julianne and attempt to rebuild and create new friendships and new bonds with people who truly do care about her. One such individual is Melinda Jade.

Melinda and Marie were close friends growing up. They grew apart when Marie was returned to her mother’s care. Melinda ended up committing crimes that put her in prison for a few years. But Marie reconnected with her friend, she remained supportive of her friend, and helped her rebuild her life when she got released from prison. And now that Marie has overcome her own deep seeded personal issues, Melinda is here to return the favor, Melinda is here to support her the best way she knows how. Tonight, Melinda is supporting her best friend by taking her out for a night of fun at a biker bar. The interior of this bar in Albany, New York is dimly lit, with a few neon signs casting a colorful glow over the worn hardwood floors. The bar stretches along one side of the room, its polished surface marred by scratches and cigarette burns. Behind it, rows of liquor bottles gleam in the low light, their labels faded from years of exposure. In one corner, an old jukebox plays classic rock tunes, its flickering lights adding to the ambiance.

Jones is trying to seem pleasant and happy to be here, and she is happy to be here with Melinda. But a biker bar isn’t exactly Marie’s idea of a good time, especially not one like this. Despite their close friendship, this has always been one thing that differentiated these two; Marie prefers the finer things in life and Melinda Jade has been down to earth, more practical. Marie and Melinda sit at a round table back up against the wall near the jukebox. The Phoenix dons a simple knee length denim skirt, a red silk blouse, and black boots. Melinda wears denim jeans, black boots, and a black t-shirt. Loud rock music plays in the background but Marie and Melinda still manage to maintain a good conversation despite the noise.

“Are you enjoying yourself, Marie?” Melinda asks. Marie forces a smile and nods her head.

“Yeah, definitely.”

“You sure?” Melinda points to the drink sitting in front of Marie, a glass of red wine that she has barely touched. “Have you even drank any of that wine?”

“A little.”

“You’re not singing along to the songs.” She points out. “I thought you Jones girls were songbirds?”

“That’s my mom.” Marie chuckles. “And my cousin, Glory, to a degree. Not me.”

“Oh yeah. You don’t dance much either, do you?”

“Right, I don’t.” Marie smirks. “I’m the prude, remember? Kim is the party animal.”

“You are no prude, babe.” Melinda pats her on the back. “It just takes a bit to get that excitement out of ya. Although…” her voice trails off as she studies Marie some more “...I would have thought you would be more excited right now. I mean, you DID regain custody of your son, you escaped a toxic relationship, you escaped a cult. You retained your Television Title. That’s a lot of success right there.”

“I suppose.” Marie sighs and shakes her head. “But Kim was assaulted last week on Breakdown and I didn’t make it there to save her.”

“What idiot jumped her?”

“The Enigma.” Marie says. “The guy I’m defending the title against on Breakdown.”

“Wonderful.” Melinda smirks. “Then there’s your opportunity to kick his ass!”

“Yeah, you’re right.” Marie takes her glass of wine and takes a sip. She sets the glass down and sighs. “I’m sorry if I don’t seem grateful, Mels. I really am grateful for this, for everything you’ve done. And I know that tonight was supposed to be a celebration, celebrating everything I’ve done to try and rebuild my life.”

“But you’re not very comfortable in a bar like this, are you?” Melinda asks. Marie shakes her head.

“No, not really. Sorry.”

“Nah, it’s all good.” Melinda laughs softly. “I get it. Your taste is far more upscale and high class than mine are. But ya gotta trust me on this one, Marie, tonight will be very special. I guarantee it.”

“I hope you’re right.”

“I know I’m right.” Melinda smiles knowingly. “Look, I kinda get what you’re going through right now cause I went through the same shit. No, you didn’t go to prison, but you did get cut off from your family due to stupid mistakes you made. Now you’re trying to repair and rebuild your life. You’re trying to pull yourself back together. And sometimes you need a little extra help.”

“I know and I’m glad you’ve been there for me, Mels.” Marie says with a warm smile on her face.

“Yeah, yeah, but I aint talking about me, Marie. I mean, I’d like to think I am a great person, but it takes more than one body to create a good support system. Know what I mean?” Melinda winks. Marie furrows her brow.

“Where are you going with this, Mels?” Jones asks out of curiosity. “I mean, I have the greatest support system a girl could ask for; I have my family. My sisters, my mother, that’s all I really need. Right?”

“Family is great and all, don’t get me wrong, but ya also need friends, Mels. And maybe, some close friends. Ya got me, but maybe need more? Ya already lost that Julianne bitch. So maybe you need someone new?”

“Oh God…” Marie shakes her head vehemently “...what have you done?”

“Nothing bad!” Melinda grins with a hint of mischief written on her face. “I just think you should meet a good friend of mine.”

“What’s her name?” Marie asks.

“HIS name is Death’s Head.”

“What?!” Marie is taken aback by this. “You set me up with a guy named Death’s Head?!”

“Look, it’s just a nickname!” Melinda is laughing uncontrollably at Marie’s panic mode going ballistic. “He prefers Death’s Head because he’s embarrassed by his real name.”

“What’s his real name?”

“Percy Matthews.” Melinda snickers. “I mean, c’mon, can you imagine a big burly ex-con named Percy? Yeah, that’s why he hates it.”

“Wait…” Marie pauses for a moment to let that information soak in “...ex-con? You mean…”

“Yes.” Melinda nods her head. “He served time in prison. But that shouldn’t be a problem, should it? I mean, I’m an ex-con and you trust me.”

“That’s different.”

“How is it different?” Melinda asks. “Ex-cons are people too, people who made mistakes. You are no different from me and Percy. The only real difference is that you didn’t serve a prison sentence for your mistakes. You don’t have a criminal record for your mistakes. But all three of us still need a second chance and we all need a strong support system to help us rebuild our lives.”

“I dunno.” Marie shakes her head.

“Look, I can vouch for the guy. I met him when I first moved to the Albany area. We were both having difficulty transitioning back into society after serving prison time. But he is a good guy. Please give him a chance.”

The Phoenix isn’t sure whether or not she should give this guy a chance. The only thing he has going for him right now is that Melinda is willing to put her full trust in him. Before Marie can answer Melinda, a large bulky, muscular biker approaches their table. He is tattooed up one arm and down the other. He looks right at Melinda Jade and grins.

“Jade!”

“Percy!”

“Death’s Head.” He corrects her. “Ya know I hate my real name.”

“Sorry, bud.” Melinda motions to Marie. “Sit down. And meet my closest friend, my friend from childhood, Marie Annabelle Jones.”

“Marie would have sufficed.” Jones says with a sigh.

“Sorry!” Melinda smirks. “But I DID tell you Death’s Head real name, it’s only fair I tell him the middle name that you’re not exactly fond of.”

“Nice to meet ya, ma’am.” He extends a hand. Marie doesn’t want to be rude so she accepts the handshake. “You are awfully lovely.”

Jones is actually kind of surprised. He has quite the southern accent. And he has a bit of southern charm and hospitality as well. “Forgive me, but you don’t exactly sound like you’re from Albany.”

“I’m not, ma’am. At least not originally.” Percy answers. “I’m from Charleston, South Carolina. Born and raised. But I spent most of my prison time in the New York state prison system because, well, that’s where I committed most of my crimes.”

“What made you leave South Carolina?” Marie asks curiously.

“Just wanted to see the world, I suppose.” He chuckles. “Look at the good it did me, right?”

“Speaking of seeing the world!” Melinda chimes in. She wraps an arm around Marie’s shoulder. Jones can feel the spotlight about to shine down right on her. “Marie here gets to see the world at the time! She is a wrestler!”

“A wrestler? Ya serious?” Percy asks. Marie nods her head.

“Uh, yeah, I guess.”

“Don’t be so damned modest.” Melinda snaps. “You’re a freaking champion in SCW.”

“Oh yeah!” Percy snaps his fingers. “I thought I recognized you! I see you on the tube all the time! I never miss an edition of Breakdown.”

“That’s nice.” Marie chuckles. “But I want to go ahead and say it now so that you’re not too disappointed; I am not Kim. I am not the Underground Champion if that’s who you were thinking.”

“Who?” Percy asks. “Oh you mean the super violent chick. Nah, she’s fun, she’s entertaining, but I think she’s a bit too wild for my taste. The kinda stuff you do, the technical wrestling, the high flying moves, that is artwork right there. And the match you put on last week against The Ronin? Damn that was good!”

Marie’s eyes grow wide with surprise. For the past few years Marie has been living in Kimberly’s shadow. While Kim has racked up so many new fans with her crazy antics and her run as Queen of the Death Match across multiple promotions, Marie has become practically forgotten by the fans. But here, this ex-con named Death’s Head…or Percy Matthews as it were…he is a fan of Marie Jones. He is a fan of The Phoenix. For the first time since she arrived at this bar, a genuine sincere smile forms on Marie’s face.

“Well…” she giggles “...thanks, Percy…I mean, Death’s Head. It was tough. Dumont gave it his all and there were plenty of times I thought had me dead to rights.”

“No way.” Percy shakes his head. “You had him the entire time! And I can’t wait for you to outclass the cheap magician Enigma this week.”

The Phoenix cannot tell if this is him just being polite, if this is him being an excited super fan, or if this is just him saying whatever it takes to impress her, but whatever it is, these words are having an impact upon Marie. She realizes now how much she missed the love and the adulation of the fans. She realizes how much she missed being a fan favorite. Sure, she gets to be cheered every time she goes out to the ring, but to meet fans one on one like this? It is special. And Percy may not know it, but he just helped Marie’s self-confidence in a big way. She wasn’t sure about Melinda’s bright idea to introduce her to this man who calls himself Death’s Head. Part of her still isn’t so sure about befriending an ex-con. But Melinda has a point; Marie does need a good, strong support system that extends beyond just her immediate family. What could it hurt to make friends with this guy? He does seem to be quite the southern gentleman.
[Image: Fr3dxo2WIAAhCXt?format=jpg&name=large]
SWC Southern Heavyweight Champion 1x
MWA Turmoil Champion 1x
GCW World Tag Team Champion 1x
UWA World Tag Team Champion 1x
HKW Bloodlust Champion 3x
2022 SCW Trios Tournament Winner
SCW World Tag Team Champion 1x
SCW Underground Champion 5x
SCW Television Champion 1x
SCW United States Champion 1x
MWE Chicago Way Champion 1x
5LW Television Champion 1x
Queen of the Death Match

[Image: mariejones.png]

SCW Television Champion 2x
UWA World Champion 1x
UWA X-Class Champion 1x
IWC World Tag Team Champion 1x
MCW X-Division Champion 1x
GDW International Champion 1x
GDW World Tag Team Champion 3x

2 of 2
=====

==========
April 29th, 2024
Albany, New York
Off Camera
==========

Spending a long evening at a biker bar definitely is outside of the comfort zone of “The Phoenix” Marie Jones. Her comfort zone typically includes fine dining and anything upscale and whenever she is at work her comfort zone includes competing in front of her fans, as she will do in Japan this week as she defends her SCW Television Championship against the mysterious monster known as The Enigma. Hanging out at a biker bar is definitely not Marie’s typical idea of a good time. However her childhood best friend, Melinda Jade, insisted that they go; and since Melinda was the one paying the bill for this night out, Marie couldn’t really argue. Besides, while she may not feel very comfortable in that setting, she does feel comfortable with her friend. She trusts Melinda Jade’s judgment and knew that whatever she had in mind for the evening would turn out ok. But even Marie herself could not have guessed that this particular night out would have turned out the way it did. Jones would quickly learn that this night out to celebrate, to have fun, was just an elaborate ruse by Melinda to introduce The Phoenix to a man named Death’s Head.

No, Death’s Head isn’t his actual name. It’s just a nickname; his real name is Percy Matthews. Marie may trust Melinda’s judgment, she still was not pleased with this particular incident. First, she does not like being set up on a date. Second, she initially was intimidated by Percy. He is a large, muscular, biker, fitting the stereotypical look of a dangerous criminal. In fact, he did spend time in prison for various crimes committed in New York. Marie did not want to stick around but Melinda insisted that he had changed, she insisted that Marie trust her and give him a chance. The Phoenix did choose to stay, she chose to give Percy and, much to her surprise, this biker named Death’s Head was far from the intimidating ex-con she thought he would be. He was polite, kind, and had quite the southern charm about him from being raised initially in Charleston, South Carolina. What Marie thought would turn out to be a disastrous night out became a night she thoroughly enjoyed. In fact the night ran long, much longer than Marie had intended. It went so late that Marie chose, instead of making the trip back to her home in Massachusetts at such a late time of night, to stay overnight with her good friend Melinda at her apartment in Albany, New York.

Jones walks into the small, quaint living area of Melinda’s apartment after dropping off her heavy coat and high heeled boots in the guest bedroom. Marie, now barefoot in the jeans she was wearing earlier this evening and her silk blouse, makes her way to the sofa and sits down next to Melinda. The Boston native tucks her legs underneath her and smiles warmly as she looks over at her good friend. The irony of this hasn’t escaped Marie. In the past she knows this type of behavior would have stirred up suspicion amongst her family, but she has earned their trust back. All is well and she is grateful for it.

“Thanks for letting me stay overnight, Mels.”

“Of course, anytime you need me for anything I will be there for you. Hell, if you wanna stay longer you’re welcome to; I mean, aren’t you traveling to Japan this week? Do you really want to travel back to Boston only to turn right around and catch a flight to travel to Japan? That’s an awful lot of traveling. You probably could use more rest.”

“Rest is not a luxury that a professional wrestler can afford.” Marie says shaking her head. “We’re on the road all the time traveling across the country and, in this case, across the world. I wouldn’t want it any other way.” She shakes her head. “And nothing will keep me away from kicking The Enigma’s ass in Japan.”

“Oh stop that!” Melinda Jade says with a smirk. “Now you’re starting to sound like me!”

“Yeah, well, The Enigma provoked me by attacking Kim and I am looking forward to making him regret his actions.”

“And I look forward to WATCHING you make him regret his actions from the comfort of my Albany, New York apartment!” Melinda says with a smirk on her face.

“Thanks for your support, Mels.” Marie says as she smiles warmly. “It really does mean the world to me. And tonight meant the world to me. It feels great knowing that the nightmare of Inner Peace is behind me, knowing that my family trusts me again, it feels great knowing that my wrestling career appears to be looking up again.” Marie nods her head. “You were right, Mels, this was a night worthy of a celebration.”

“Speaking of tonight…” Melinda’s voice trails off as a look of mischief forms on her face “...what did you think of Death’s Head?”

“Percy?” Marie giggles. “Well…” she pauses as she thinks of the right words.

“Be honest!”

“Honestly?” Marie shrugs her shoulders. “He was not who I expected him to be; you told me was this big burly ex-con biker dude, and I thought…I suppose I thought…”

“You were thinking he was gonna be all muscle no brains? Or mean and cruel? Or maybe all of the above?” Melinda suggests. Marie smiles sheepishly and nods her head.

“Yeah, that’s what I expected. But I am happy to admit that I was wrong. He was nice, polite, and really pleasant to be around.”

“Great!” Melinda exclaims. “Looks like my career as a matchmaker is off to a good start!”

“Mels!” Marie exclaims.

“Admit it, Marie, there was a spark between you two kids!” She winks playfully. “There was a romantic connection!”

“There was NO romantic connection!” Marie shakes her head vehemently. “It was like you said, we both need friends, especially me right now, and that’s all this was…the beginning of a good FRIENDSHIP…”

“Did you get his number?” Melinda asks. Again Marie sheepishly smiles. Melinda cackles. “I knew it!”

“Yes, I got his number, because we are FRIENDS!”

“Well that’s good, because in all seriousness you two should keep in contact with one another.” Melinda places a comforting hand on Marie’s shoulder. “I consider both of you to be my best of friends, and I know both of you need close friendships right now. So yeah, please keep in contact with Percy.”

“I will.”

“And who knows?” Melinda shrugs her shoulders. “Maybe something romantic could come of it?”

“You really are pushing that issue hard, y’know that?”

“I like teasing you.” Melinda says jokingly.

“Yeah, well, you need to stop.” Marie sighs and shakes her head out of frustration. “I mean, don’t get me wrong, I appreciate what you’re doing, but this whole love and romance thing, it’s still a sore subject with me, especially after the breakup with Julianne.”

“Oh sweetie.” Melinda pats her on the back. “Julianne used you. She never cared about you.”

“I know that.” Marie nods her head. “But she wasn’t the only failure I have had. There was Damian, who was an abusive drunk. Then there was Arthur who…who…” tears form in Marie’s eyes as she recalls how she tragically lost Arthur. Melinda hugs her tightly.

“I know, Marie. I know.”

“I guess I’m still too afraid to let anyone get close.” Marie says quietly.

“There’s no need to rush into anything, Marie. I was just joking about the matchmaker and romance shit, ok? If you just wanna be friends with Percy, that’s fine. My main thing is that you make a friend, a good friend who you can count on, and trust me when I say that Percy is that kinda guy.”

“He certainly seems nice.” Marie sighs. “For you, Mels, I will definitely stay in contact with Percy.”

“Death’s Head.” Melinda says with a playful grin.

“Right…”

==========
On Camera
==========

I told Colleen that I wanted to be the Television Champion because of what it represented to me; it represents the true unyielding commitment a wrestler makes for the fans and for the company they represent. The SCW Television Title is the workhorse title because you have to be committed to showing up each and every week to defend that title against anyone and everyone who gets put in your path. You have to remain committed to showing up to work to compete before the great fans of Supreme Championship Wrestling. That’s why I came back. I wanted to prove to my doubters and my critics that my commitment was no longer an issue. I wanted to prove to the entire world that when the chips were down you could always count on The Phoenix to show up to work to defend the SCW Television Championship.

Then in the lead up to my first title defense, I told Chris Dumont that what I said wasn’t just some silly rallying cry or slogan, that I meant it with every fiber of my being when I said that I would always be committed to this championship that I was committed to being the workhorse and that I would leave everything out there in the center of the ring in order to keep this championship. I told Dumont that if he wanted to be champion, he would have to kill me because I would not accept defeat; not this time. The Ronin brought his very best but he failed to kill me, he failed to put out the fire of The Phoenix, and after spiking him with an Ave Maria, I pinned him to walk away with my hand held high, still the SCW Television Champion.

That’s what this Television Title means to me. That’s what it represents to me. It represents the renewed success of my wrestling career. My career was all but dead and buried because of my own lack of commitment but I came back, I fought back, and this championship that I have won represents my renewed commitment to this sport, to this company, and to each and every one of my fans who have supported me in my return. This championship represents the promise I made to be committed to this sport, to defend this title against anyone and everyone who steps up to the plate. It can be a doofus like Religious Wright or the World Champion herself if ol’ Frosty wants to step up to the plate. It isn’t personal to me. I am here to work and my work involves competing for the great fans who have supported me through thick and thin, it means showing up and competing for the company who took another chance on me after I bailed out on them. That is what this Television Title means to me and that is what each and every title defense means to me.

Except for this one…

Don’t get me wrong, when it comes to me versus The Enigma for the SCW Television Title, the motivation to remain the workhorse champion of SCW, the champion committed to showing up each and every week to defend this title and to never ever let it go without a fight, that kind of fire and passion remains burning deep in my heart and soul just like the fire of The Phoenix that keeps me flying high above the clouds here in Supreme Championship Wrestling. Just like I’m sure Enigma would love to get that Television Title back…because he DID have it once, didn’t he? But he lost the title. He lost it to Colleen. And who is that again? That’s right, Enigma, Colleen is the woman who I beat to become champion. I beat the person who beat your big dumb ass. So keep that in mind while you brainstorm your latest line of cheap parlor tricks.

So if keeping the Television Title so I can maintain my status as the workhorse champion of SCW was the only driving force, the only motivation that I had going into this title defense, believe me that it would be enough to keep me going. That motivation would be enough to send me to a victory over the seemingly unstoppable Enigma on Breakdown. Is that arrogance speaking? It might sound like arrogance but it isn’t meant to be; I just know how damn good I am when I am properly motivated. I know what I am capable of when I am properly motivated and that right there is enough to motivate me to defeat anyone, including The Enigma.

Unfortunately it isn’t that simple or easy this week, is it? It never is with you, is it Enigma? If it were just a mere battle of wits, a combat to see who is worthy of carrying the SCW Television Championship, then we would just step through those ropes…or at least I would, you might magically appear out of thin air like the cheap sideshow magician you are…but we would get into the ring, we would have our fight, and one of us would walk away with the gold…

…spoiler, that person would be me.

Oh but as usual when it comes to you, you just had to go and complicate matters. Instead of a simple Television Title Match, something that is merely professional, you had to go and make it personal. It is personal now because you went and attacked my twin sister Kimberly Williams.

After I got over being angry, I stopped to think; what just happened here? Is The Enigma really that stupid that he meant to target me and he accidentally targeted the wrong damn twin? Are you that dumb, Enigma? Or maybe that was your plan all along? Maybe you intended to provoke me in another one of your idiotic mind games? Everyone knows that there is no closer bond or relationship than an identical twin sibling relationship. Kim is very special to me, and maybe you did know that and that is why you decided to strike. You struck her to get to me. Is that it? Or maybe Kim was your legitimate target and none of this had to do with me? You’re just cold, uncaring, and you didn’t really care who you pissed off in the process.

Those are three good theories right there was to why you went after Kim last week on Breakdown but regardless of which theory is correct, you are still one dumb son of a bitch because all you accomplished in doing that was that you gave me even more motivation. As if retaining the championship wasn’t motivation enough, now I have even more motivation. I am motivated not just to retain the title but I am also motivated to kick the ever living crap out of you. I am motivated to kick your ass all over Japan.

Am I disrespecting the mystique of The Enigma? Tough shit. Your mind games and cheap parlor tricks, all of your smoke and mirrors, it may upset and frighten the average wrestler but it won’t do a damn thing to me. I am a second generation wrestler. This business runs right through my veins. You may be big, strong, and even a little creepy, but you don’t have anything to throw at me that I haven’t seen before. And you damn sure don’t have anything capable of keeping this Phoenix down. So prepare yourself, Enigma. Prepare to be exposed by the reigning and defending SCW Television Champion. Prepare to be exposed by The Phoenix.
[Image: Fr3dxo2WIAAhCXt?format=jpg&name=large]
SWC Southern Heavyweight Champion 1x
MWA Turmoil Champion 1x
GCW World Tag Team Champion 1x
HKW Bloodlust Champion 3x
2022 SCW Trios Tournament Winner
SCW Underground Champion 5x
SCW Television Champion 1x
MWE Chicago Way Champion 1x
5LW Television Champion 1x
Queen of the Death Match

[Image: mariejones.png]

SCW Television Champion 2x
UWA World Champion 1x
UWA X-Class Champion 1x
IWC World Tag Team Champion 1x
MCW X-Division Champion 1x
GDW International Champion 1x
GDW World Tag Team Champion 3x

Book of Shadows

In the Shadows

In the clandestine depths of Thornbrooke, Elias found himself ensnared in a battle not of flesh and blood, but of the soul. Alone in a secluded chamber hidden from prying eyes, he grappled with the turmoil that raged within him, the darkness clawing at the edges of his consciousness, threatening to consume him whole.

The air hung heavy with the weight of his inner conflict, the silence broken only by the echoes of his own labored breaths. Each heartbeat reverberated through the chamber like a drumbeat, a steady rhythm that mirrored the relentless onslaught of his doubts and fears.

As he stood in the dim light, Elias felt the tendrils of darkness twisting around him, their whispered promises of power and control tempting him to surrender to their embrace. But deep within his soul, a flicker of resistance burned bright—a stubborn defiance that refused to yield to the shadows that threatened to engulf him.

With every fiber of his being, Elias fought against the encroaching darkness, summoning forth the strength and determination born from a lifetime of hardship and adversity. Yet, for every step forward, he found himself dragged two steps back, his inner turmoil threatening to overwhelm him with its relentless onslaught.

In the depths of his despair, Elias clung to the memories of those he held dear, their faces shining like beacons of light in the darkness that surrounded him. Their unwavering faith and unconditional love bolstered his resolve, reminding him of the person he once was and the person he still aspired to become.

And so, with a newfound sense of purpose burning in his heart, Elias faced his inner demons head-on, ready to confront the darkness that threatened to consume him. For in the crucible of his own soul, he knew that the true battle lay not in the shadows that lurked without, but in the light that burned bright within.

As the hours stretched into days, Elias remained ensconced in his secluded sanctuary, the battle within him raging on unabated. Each passing moment brought with it a renewed onslaught of doubt and uncertainty, testing his resolve to its very limits.

In the solitude of his chamber, Elias wrestled with the darkness that threatened to consume him, his mind a battleground where the forces of light and shadow clashed in a ceaseless struggle for dominance. Every thought, every emotion, was a battleground where he fought tooth and nail to reclaim control of his own destiny.

With each passing moment, Elias felt the tendrils of darkness begin to recede, their grip loosening as his resolve strengthened. Though the path ahead remained fraught with peril, he knew that he could not falter—not when the fate of Thornbrooke and all who called it home hung in the balance.

And so, with a newfound sense of purpose burning within him, Elias steeled himself for the battles that lay ahead. Armed with the strength of his convictions and the unwavering support of those who believed in him, he vowed to confront the darkness head-on and emerge victorious, no matter the cost.

For in the crucible of his own soul, Elias Veil would forge a new destiny—one defined not by the shadows that threatened to engulf him, but by the light that burned bright within. And as he prepared to take the next step on his journey, he knew that the true test of his strength lay not in the battles he faced, but in the choices he made along the way.

As Elias Veil emerged from the depths of his inner turmoil, he found himself locked in a harrowing battle against the relentless grip of the Enigma. The tendrils of darkness coiled around his mind like serpents, their whispers echoing through the corridors of his consciousness with chilling intensity.

Each step he took was a struggle, a desperate bid to resist the insidious influence of the Enigma's malevolent presence. But try as he might, Elias could feel his grip on reality slipping, his thoughts consumed by the shadowy whispers that promised power beyond comprehension.

In the moonlit expanse of his own mind, Elias fought a solitary war against the darkness, his every instinct screaming for him to break free from the suffocating embrace of the Enigma's influence. Yet, with each passing moment, he could feel himself losing ground, his sense of self eroding with every whispered temptation.

As Elias delved deeper into the labyrinth of his own mind, the presence of the Enigma grew stronger, its whispers like dark tendrils snaking through his thoughts. Each step forward felt like a struggle against an unseen force, pulling him further into the abyss of his own psyche.

Haunted by memories of his past and tormented by the specter of his future, Elias fought to maintain his grip on reality. But the Enigma's influence was relentless, distorting his perception and clouding his judgment.
Despite the overwhelming darkness that threatened to consume him, Elias clung to a flicker of hope—a belief that somewhere within himself lay the strength to overcome the shadows that sought to devour him.

With each passing moment, the battle raged on, Elias locked in a fierce struggle for control of his own mind. But as the darkness closed in around him, he knew that the true test of his resolve was yet to come.

As Elias struggled against the consuming darkness, his surroundings suddenly shifted. In a disorienting blink, he found himself back at home, the familiar walls of his house looming around him. But something was amiss. The air crackled with tension, and a sense of foreboding hung heavy in the atmosphere.
Elias's gaze darted around the room, his heart pounding in his chest as he searched for any sign of danger. And then he saw her—his mother, standing in the corner, a look of fear etched upon her face as she met his eyes.

But it was not his mother's gaze that sent a chill down Elias's spine. No, it was the hallucination of Enigma standing behind her, shrouded in darkness, its eyes burning with an otherworldly intensity.

Enigma, a manifestation of the darkness that had infiltrated Elias's mind, taunting him with its menacing presence. In that moment, Elias realized that the battle against the darkness was not just a physical one—it was a struggle for control of his own psyche.

With a surge of determination, Elias steeled himself for the confrontation ahead, knowing that he must overcome the darkness within if he hoped to save his mother and reclaim his own sanity.

As Elias wrestled with the darkness that threatened to consume him, a chilling presence loomed behind his mother, casting a sinister shadow over the room. Enigma's malevolent gaze bore into her, its intentions unmistakably clear.

In a desperate bid to protect her, Elias fought against the tide of darkness surging within him, his mind a battleground of conflicting forces. "Stay back!" he shouted, his voice laced with a mixture of fear and determination. "You will not harm her!"

But Enigma merely chuckled, its laughter a haunting echo in the recesses of Elias's mind. "Oh, but I will," it taunted, its voice dripping with malice. "For she is but a pawn in our game, Elias. And I will not hesitate to sacrifice her for the sake of our greater purpose."

Elias's heart pounded in his chest as he struggled to maintain control, his every instinct urging him to lash out against the darkness that threatened to consume him. With a surge of defiance, he pushed back against Enigma's influence, summoning every ounce of strength he possessed to shield his mother from harm.

But as the darkness closed in around them, Elias knew that the battle was far from over. With his mother's life hanging in the balance, he braced himself for the ultimate test of his willpower—a test that would determine not only his own fate, but the fate of all who dwelled in the shadows of Thornbrooke.

With a surge of determination, Elias summoned every ounce of strength he possessed, pushing back against the suffocating grip of Enigma's influence. The darkness recoiled, its tendrils writhing in frustration as Elias fought to reclaim control of his mind.

With a primal roar, he unleashed a torrent of raw energy, driving back the encroaching shadows and banishing Enigma's presence from his consciousness. For a fleeting moment, clarity washed over him, his mind freed from the oppressive weight of darkness.

Gasping for breath, Elias stumbled forward, his eyes locking with his mother's in silent relief. "Are you okay?" he asked, his voice trembling with emotion.

His mother nodded, her eyes wide with fear and gratitude. "I... I think so," she whispered, her voice barely audible above the pounding of Elias's heart.

Together, they stood in the dimly lit room, the echoes of their ordeal still lingering in the air around them. But amidst the lingering shadows, a flicker of hope burned bright—a beacon of light in the darkness that threatened to engulf them both.

For now, Elias had triumphed over the darkness that sought to consume him. But as the echoes of their struggle faded into the night, he knew that the true battle was far from over. With Enigma's malevolent presence still lurking in the shadows, he braced himself for the challenges that lay ahead, ready to face whatever darkness may come with unwavering resolve.

"You may have thwarted me this time, Elias," Enigma's voice hissed in Elias's mind, dripping with malice, "but know this: I will not be so easily defeated. The darkness within you is mine to command, and I will not rest until I have claimed what is rightfully mine."

Elias gritted his teeth, his jaw clenching with determination as he resisted the sinister presence invading his thoughts. "You'll never control me, Enigma," he growled back mentally, his voice laced with defiance. "I won't let you destroy everything I hold dear."

A sinister chuckle echoed in Elias's mind, sending shivers down his spine. "Oh, but you underestimate me, Elias," Enigma countered, his voice oozing with arrogance. "You may think you can resist, but in the end, the darkness always finds a way to consume those who dare to defy it."

Elias shook his head, banishing the doubts that threatened to cloud his mind. "Not this time," he declared firmly, his resolve unwavering. "I'll fight you with every ounce of strength I have, and I won't stop until you're nothing but a distant memory."

The darkness within Elias's mind seemed to recoil at his words, its malevolent presence momentarily subdued by his unwavering determination. But as the echoes of their silent struggle faded into the recesses of his consciousness, Elias knew that the battle was far from over.

With a sense of urgency gnawing at his core, Elias knew he needed guidance if he were to stand any chance against the relentless onslaught of Enigma's influence. And so, with a determined resolve burning in his heart, he set out to seek the counsel of an unlikely ally—Old Man Hawthorne.

The journey to Hawthorne's secluded cabin was fraught with peril, the dense forest shrouded in an eerie silence that seemed to whisper tales of ancient secrets long forgotten. But Elias pressed onward, his footsteps echoing through the tangled undergrowth as he ventured deeper into the heart of the wilderness.

As he reached the threshold of Hawthorne's cabin, Elias hesitated for a moment, his hand hovering uncertainly over the weathered door. He knew that seeking out Hawthorne was a risky gambit, for the enigmatic old man's motives were shrouded in mystery. But desperate times called for desperate measures, and Elias knew that he had no other choice.

Summoning his courage, Elias rapped sharply on the door, the sound echoing through the stillness of the forest like a gunshot in the night. For a moment, there was only silence, broken only by the rustling of leaves in the wind.

Then, slowly, the door creaked open, revealing the shadowy figure of Old Man Hawthorne standing in the dim light of the cabin's interior. His piercing gaze bore into Elias with an intensity that sent a shiver down his spine, his lips curling into a knowing smile.

"So, the prodigal son returns," Hawthorne's voice was like gravel, rough and weathered from years of solitude. "I've been expecting you, Elias Veil."

Elias swallowed hard, his throat dry with apprehension. "I need your help, Hawthorne," he confessed, his voice tinged with desperation. "Enigma is... he's trying to take over my mind. I don't know how much longer I can hold him back."

A flicker of amusement danced in Hawthorne's eyes, a glimmer of something sinister lurking beneath the surface. "Ah, yes," he mused cryptically, "the darkness within you stirs. But fear not, Elias Veil, for I may have a solution to your predicament."

As Elias stepped into the dimly lit interior of the cabin, a sense of foreboding washed over him like a tide of dread. Little did he know that in seeking out Hawthorne's help, he had unwittingly set into motion a chain of events that would forever alter the course of his destiny—and that of Thornbrooke itself.

As the memories of his past struggles and encounters with Old Man Hawthorne faded into the recesses of his mind, Elias Veil found himself standing once more at the threshold of his childhood home in Thornbrooke. But the once familiar surroundings now lay in ruins, a decrepit shell of the life he once knew.

The air was heavy with the weight of forgotten memories, the echoes of laughter and joy long since silenced by the passage of time. Enigma, now standing amidst the crumbling remains of the Veil family home, could feel the darkness that permeated every corner of the dilapidated structure.

With each step he took, the floorboards creaked beneath his feet, protesting the intrusion of his presence into their forsaken domain. Shadows danced across the peeling wallpaper, their sinuous forms twisting and writhing in a macabre dance of darkness.

Enigma's gaze swept over the desolate landscape before him, his thoughts consumed by the memories of his past and the inexorable pull of the shadows that called out to him. The whispers of the forsaken village seemed to echo in his mind, their seductive promises beckoning him deeper into the abyss.

But amidst the ruins of his former life, a glimmer of something akin to humanity flickered within Enigma's soul—a faint echo of the man he once was, struggling to break free from the shackles of darkness that bound him.

With a sense of determination burning in his heart, Enigma steeled himself for the battles that lay ahead. For though the shadows may have claimed the Veil family home as their own, he knew that the true battle for Thornbrooke's soul had only just begun. And as he prepared to confront the darkness that lurked within, Enigma vowed to emerge victorious, no matter the cost.
In the eerie silence of the decrepit Veil household, where shadows danced with abandon and whispers echoed through the desolate halls, the Enigma stood alone, his presence casting a sinister pall over the dilapidated surroundings.

With the weight of his ambitions pressing down upon him like a suffocating blanket, he prowled the barren rooms, each step a thunderous echo in the stillness of the abandoned home. The SCW Television Championship was a mere afterthought in his mind, a stepping stone on his path to absolute dominance.

As he traced his fingers along the cracked walls, memories of his past victories flooded his consciousness, stoking the flames of his determination to reclaim what he believed was rightfully his. But beyond the tangible prize lay a deeper desire—a hunger for power that consumed his very soul.

The draw against Konrad Raab had left a bitter taste in his mouth, a reminder of the obstacles that stood between him and his ultimate goal. But Enigma was not one to be deterred by setbacks. If anything, they only served to fuel his rage, igniting a fire within him that burned brighter with each passing moment.

Marie Jones, the current holder of the SCW Television Championship, would soon feel the full force of his wrath. But she was merely a pawn in his game, a means to an end. For Enigma had his sights set on much grander ambitions—ambitions that would shake the very foundations of SCW and leave a trail of destruction in their wake.

With his mask concealing his expression, Enigma's eyes gleamed with a cold determination as he vowed to stop at nothing to achieve his goals, to tear down anyone who dared stand in his way. And as he stood amidst the ruins of the Veil household, his silent resolve sent a chilling shiver down the spine of anyone who dared to cross his path.
"Marie Jones," his voice resonated with an eerie clarity, each word dripping with malice and foreboding. "You hold in your grasp that which rightfully belongs to me—the SCW Television Championship. But make no mistake, it is merely a trinket, a fleeting prize in the grand tapestry of my ambitions."

As he spoke, the shadows seemed to coil around him, amplifying the intensity of his words and casting a veil of darkness over the decrepit surroundings. "You see, Marie, I am not content with mere titles or accolades. No, my aspirations extend far beyond the confines of this mortal realm. I seek nothing less than absolute power, and I will stop at nothing to achieve it."

With a flick of his wrist, the Enigma conjured an ethereal darkness that danced and swirled around him, a testament to the unfathomable depths of his power. "You may think yourself a worthy adversary, Marie, but you are but a pawn in my game—a pawn that I will crush beneath the weight of my ambition."

His mask concealed any hint of emotion, leaving only the cold gleam of his eyes visible to the outside world. "So, prepare yourself, Marie Jones, for when we meet in the ring, it will not be a mere contest of strength and skill. It will be a battle for supremacy—a battle that you are destined to lose."

In the eerie silence of the decrepit Veil household, the Enigma stood with an air of ominous foreboding, his presence suffused with an intensity that seemed to warp the very fabric of reality. With a flick of his wrist, he conjured forth a match, its flame dancing ominously in the darkness.

"Behold," he declared, his voice reverberating through the desolate halls, "the flames of my fury, ready to consume all who dare to stand in my path." With a malevolent grin, he dropped the match onto the floor, igniting a blaze that spread with alarming speed, engulfing the once-hallowed halls in an inferno of chaos and destruction.

As the flames licked hungrily at the crumbling walls, the Enigma stood unmoved, a silent sentinel amidst the chaos he had wrought. "Let this be a warning," he whispered, his voice carrying on the smoke-laden breeze, "to all who dare to oppose me. I am the harbinger of destruction, the bringer of chaos—and I will stop at nothing to achieve my goals."

With a final, chilling laugh, the Enigma vanished into the shadows, leaving behind only the burning remnants of the Veil household as a testament to the depths of his power and the ferocity of his resolve. And as the flames consumed everything in their path, the world trembled at the prospect of what horrors awaited in the wake of his wrath.
SCW Record

8-2

Current SCW Television Champion