SMP vs. Aisling vs. Marie Jones
SCW Television Championship Match.

2 RP Limit for singles

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, May 8, 2024 (BACK TO NORMAL DEADLINE)
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
1 of 2
=====

==========
May 2nd, 2024
Saitama, Japan
Off Camera
==========

The Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan played host to Breakdown this evening, the first of an international tour for Supreme Championship Wrestling. The crowd was wild and enthusiastic. Most everyone seemed to enjoy their time in front of the Japanese fans. But not everyone had a good time. There was one individual who was particularly annoyed, frustrated with how her night came to an end; that individual is “The Phoenix” Marie Jones. Marie was set to defend her SCW Television Championship against The Engima. She threw her best offense at the mysterious monster but couldn’t quite keep him down for the three count. Yet she felt that she had him beat. Near the end, despite kicking out of The Vindicator and the Ave Maria, she felt that The Engima was on his last legs. Marie was convinced that, given a little more time, she could have beaten The Enigma straight up, clean, in the center of the ring. Unfortunately The Enigma has some major problems with The European Fiery Nation, specifically Konrad Raab, and those issues led Marie gaining a disqualification victory due to Konrad’s involvement. It was certainly not the clean victory she had hoped to gain and definitely not the kind of victory she wanted to help further her redemption story. But no one said this redemption story would be easy. New and more difficult challenges would come each and every week and this next challenge could prove to be the most difficult for The Phoenix when SCW travels to Sydney, Australia. Next week The Phoenix will defend her SCW Television Championship against not one but two opponents; Sean Michael Prime and Aisling in a triple threat match. Under triple threat rules, Jones does not have to be pinned or made to submit to lose her championship. Neither SMP or Aisling have been able to strike it big in singles competition lately but this match could be their golden opportunity. Neither has to beat Marie Jones to become the new SCW Television Champion. Marie realizes that she is up against the wall next week in Sydney, Australia and that it will take every bit of her wrestling ability and experience to walk away with her championship intact.

Marie has already changed out of her wrestling gear and into a simple attire consisting of denim jeans, sneakers, and a red silk blouse. Her long red hair flows straight and unrestrained to past the shoulders. The Phoenix is pacing next to a packing crate. She is still agitated over what happened this evening and isn’t really clear as to what to do next. She does not like winning this way, thanks to outside interference. She would like nothing more than to set things right but she can’t. She must focus on the task ahead, but that is the curse of the Television Title and thus the curse of her commitment. She must find a way to put what happened this evening out of her mind so that she can focus on defending against SMP and Aisling, a triple threat that will prove to be her greatest threat to date.

“If you keep pacing the floor like that you’ll eventually create a moat.” That voice is very familiar. The Phoenix turns and finds her cousin, Glory Braddock, standing not too far away. The British Bombshell is wearing dress pants, a white silk blouse, a black blazer, and black flats. Her long blonde hair is pulled up in a stylish do in the back. A nice fancy looking fedora rests upon her lovely head. Marie isn’t sure what to make of this; they may be family, they may be cousins, but the Braddock side of the family and the Jones side of the family have been rather distant from one another lately. It could be due to Glory’s new behavior lately. Glory and Marie have certainly taken different approaches to the business in recent weeks. Whereas Glory Braddock has sought to take what she wants, Marie is content to earn it.

“What do you want, Glory?”

“I just thought I could stop by and offer some of my veteran advice. That’s all.” Braddock smirks. “I mean, from the look on your face you certainly didn’t seem too happy with how your match ended. Even if you did leave with the strap.” She points at the Television Title belt that still rests on the packing crate. “Maybe I can help?”

“Maybe not.” Marie shakes her head. “I didn’t win the way I wanted but at least I won, which is more than you can say.”

“Touche.” Glory answers back. “But my mind is clear. Yes, I lost to Veronica, but she beat me fair and square. No shame in losing as long as you put up your best fight. Hell, I’d shake her hand if I didn’t think she’d punch me in the face.” Glory grins as she approaches Marie and then sits on the packing crate.

“I find that hard to believe. You and Brittany have been terrorizing the tag team division.”

“Maybe but that’s because I refused to sit back and just accept things. I was forced into a tag title match with a no rematch clause. I didn’t want that stipulation but it was forced upon me. Did you really think I should accept that? Do YOU, Marie, want to just sit back and accept the fact that Konrad and his pals caused you to win tonight via disqualification or would you like to punch him in the mouth if you got the chance?”

“You make a good point.” Jones answers quietly.

“I admit that I have certainly handled certain things the wrong way and I am willing to accept the consequences of my actions. But that also doesn’t mean I have to be a walking mat, either.” Glory pats Marie on the back. “See, Marie, I’m not the monster I’m made out to be. And I am still your family and I would like to help if you would let me.”

The Phoenix looks into her cousin’s eyes. She sounds sincere and she appears to be genuine. Marie certainly could use some advice and she has always been told to trust the family. Marie hops up next to Glory on the packing crate. Marie sighs deeply.

“Fine…what do you want to tell me?” She pats her Television Title. “What can you tell me that will help me keep this?”

“First of all, ignore The Enigma.” Glory points out. “Whatever he’s up to, it has nothing to do with you. He is obviously going to be preoccupied with Konrad for the foreseeable future. Let them destroy one another. You have more pressing matters, namely defending that championship against not just one but TWO opponents. Triple threat matches are even more difficult because you can lose the title without even being beaten. Trust me, I know. Britt and I lost the tag titles without being pinned or made to submit.”

“You didn’t take that very well.” Marie says with a knowing smirk.

“Oh quite the contrary, mate, I was fine with it. Those are the rules in a triple threat match. What I did NOT like was losing my automatic rematch without being pinned or made to submit. But you’re right, the rules for a triple threat are clear, and SMP can pin Aisling and become Television Champion. Aisling can pin SMP to become Television Champion.” She pokes a finger into Marie’s chest. “You do not have to be involved in the decision. You need to be on guard at all times. You need to be in the ring at all times. You cannot afford to let SMP and Aisling to be alone together in that match. Worst case scenario they pin you to win the title, but at least you were beaten legitimately. Best case scenario, you are there at all times to be involved in the action to make sure no one but YOU gets a pin or a submission.”

Jones cannot deny that the advice she just received is sound and solid advice. While some competitors might gladly sit back and let Aisling and SMP fight all they want, Marie knows that a strategy such as that might easily backfire. One could pin the other and it would be over. Marie’s title reign would be over. It would prove difficult but perhaps keeping herself involved in the action as much as possible is the best strategy? Besides, Marie has made it clear that she doesn’t want to do things the easy way. She wants to do things the right way. She wants to prove herself. What better way to prove herself than by beating both of them straight up in this triple threat?

“You make some…good points.” Marie nods her head. “I think I’ll take the advice and consider it.”

“You’ll consider it, mate?”

“Yes, I will consider it.” Marie hops down off of the packing crate. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I should go.”

“Why?” Glory hops down off of the packing crate as well.

“I have to leave.” She points out. “Breakdown is over.”

“We can still talk. I may not be done offering advice.”

“What else can you tell me about my match, Glory?” Marie is growing frustrated. “I would think you would be more concerned with your own business than mine?”

“I’m not talking about your match, Marie.” Glory smirks. “I’m talking about that other thing that’s bothering you.”

“What other thing?” Marie arches her brow, curious as to whether or not Glory knows about anything else going on in her life. Instead Glory just shrugs her shoulders.

“I don’t know but I can tell that something is bothering you. Call it a mother’s intuition but you definitely do not look like your mind is all there.” She taps Marie on the forehead. “You didn’t even look like you were all there tonight against The Enigma.”

“His mind games DO tend to distract people.” Marie counters. Glory shakes her head skeptically.

“Not you, especially not you Jones women.” She winks. “Your mom never let anything bother her. And I don’t think I need to bring up your sister Kim. Yet tonight you were definitely distracted out there and it nearly cost you the championship.” Glory states with her hands on her hips expecting Marie to try and counter her argument. Marie shrugs her shoulders.

“So what if I am distracted?” She asks. “It’s nothing you can help with.”

“Maybe I can help?” Glory asks. “If I can help, I do want to help because you got lucky tonight. If you are distracted next week, in a triple threat no less, you will lose that title. So tell me, Marie, what’s bothering you?”

Marie is reluctant to spill her heart and soul to Glory Braddock. It has nothing to do with Glory or her recent behavior as of late. In fact, after talking to Glory this evening, Marie is beginning to think people are reading The British Bombshell wrong. Plus Glory is family. Marie knows she can trust her. But this problem is so personal that she isn’t sure she is ready to tell her. She isn’t sure if she is ready to tell anyone yet. The Phoenix shakes her head.

“I’m not sure, Glory. I’m not sure you would understand.”

“Me? I wouldn’t understand?” Glory scoffs. “I am a mother of three daughters. I have been through just about any and every heartbreak imaginable, including the death of both of my parents. Believe me when I say that there isn’t much of anything you can tell me that would surprise me.”

The Phoenix looks again into Glory’s eyes. Once again she sees the sincerity, the seemingly genuine eyes that indicates that The British Bombshell does want to help. Against her better judgment, Marie decides to take a chance. What could it hurt? They are family, after all. Jones nods her head.

“Alright, I’ll tell you all about it.” Marie turns and sits back down on the packing crate. Glory joins her on the packing crate.

“Ok, Marie. Spill it.”

“It has to do with…” she sighs “...a guy.”

“Your problem is a guy?” Glory smirks. “I told you that I’m a mother of three girls. You thought I wouldn’t understand?”

“Quit joking or I’ll leave.”

“Fair enough!” Glory chuckles. “I’m sorry!”

“Thank you.” Marie shakes her head. “But yeah, it has to do with a guy. His name is Percy.”

“Sounds like a nice enough guy.”

“You would think so but I, uh…” Jones shrugs her shoulders “...I have my doubts.”

“Oh?” Glory arches her brow out of curiosity. “Was he rude, abrasive…abusive?”

“None of that. In fact, he was very polite, very warm and caring, he was every bit the gentleman. If I were to design the perfect boyfriend, it would definitely be Percy.”

“Then what seems to be the problem?”

“Appearances can be deceiving.” Marie says. “He has a record, Glory. He went to prison.”

“Wow…” Glory’s eyes grow wide. Marie can tell that her cousin was not expecting that news. There is a bit of a pause before Braddock continues. “...what did he do to get into prison?”

“I don’t know.” Marie shrugs her shoulders. “I literally don’t know his record, I just know he has a record.”

There is a long, tense pause as both women, the two cousins, look deep into each other’s eyes. After several seconds Glory Braddock finally speaks up. She places a hand on Marie’s shoulder. “Well you should look into that, Marie. Especially if you think that you might want to have a future with this guy. Is that where this is going? You going to date him?”

“I don’t know.” Marie shrugs her shoulders again. “I literally don’t know what to do. Percy is a great guy, but there are so many red flags. And I am also so afraid of being hurt again.” Tears form in Marie’s eyes. She had been fighting back this emotion for quite some time now but can no longer hold in the tears. “First there was Damian but he abused me. Then Arthur, and he…” she cannot even speak the words but she doesn’t have to, Glory already knows and pats her comfortingly on her back “...and then there was Julianne, and she lied to me, used me, and manipulated me. I have failed so many times that I am afraid of finding love only to lose it again.”

“But do you still want to find love?” Glory asks. “As long as I’ve known you, you have always wanted to find that right person to be with forever? Are you prepared to ditch that dream out of fear?”

“Yes.” Marie then shakes her head. “I mean, no! I mean…I just don’t know…”

“It may come off as cheesy or corny, so I apologize in advance.” Glory hugs Marie tightly. “Don’t give up on love, ok? Is this Percy guy the right person? Who knows? But do not give up on love.”

“Thanks, Glory.” Marie smiles warmly. “I guess I did need some advice after all.”

“Anytime, mate. Anytime you need something, I’ll be there for you. Just remember what I said, do not give up on love. Everyone deserves it, especially you.”

Marie watches as Glory hops off of the packing crate and walks away. The Phoenix considers her words. She does want to find that perfect someone to be with, she wants to find love. But is Percy the answer? He has a shady past, one that he claims is over and done with. Can she trust him? Maybe Marie should dig into his past first before making a judgment call? Or perhaps she should just throw caution to the wind and trust her heart? Her heart tells her to give Percy a chance.
[Image: Fr3dxo2WIAAhCXt?format=jpg&name=large]
SWC Southern Heavyweight Champion 1x
MWA Turmoil Champion 1x
GCW World Tag Team Champion 1x
UWA World Tag Team Champion 1x
HKW Bloodlust Champion 3x
2022 SCW Trios Tournament Winner
SCW World Tag Team Champion 1x
SCW Underground Champion 5x
SCW Television Champion 1x
SCW United States Champion 1x
MWE Chicago Way Champion 1x
5LW Television Champion 1x
Queen of the Death Match

[Image: mariejones.png]

SCW Television Champion 2x
UWA World Champion 1x
UWA X-Class Champion 1x
IWC World Tag Team Champion 1x
MCW X-Division Champion 1x
GDW International Champion 1x
GDW World Tag Team Champion 3x

Season 5 / Episode 4 / Turning Heads (Part 1 - Reaching Out)

[Image: DYeb.gif]
2 of 2
=====

==========
May 7th, 2024
Sydney, Australia
Off Camera
==========

Nestled along the bustling streets of Sydney, Australia, the city that shall play host to SCW Breakdown in a couple of days, we find a small, quaint café that exudes a vibrant yet relaxed atmosphere. Its exterior is adorned with lush greenery, with hanging baskets overflowing with colorful blooms, adding a touch of natural beauty to the urban landscape. A wooden sign, weathered by the sun and sea breeze, proudly displays the café's name in elegant, fanciful script. This particular café provides the luxury of outdoor seating, which for a bright and sunny day like today is a wonderful opportunity for tourists and citizens alike. The outdoor seating area is a tranquil oasis amidst the city hustle, with comfortable cushions and throw blankets draped over the chairs, inviting guests to linger and enjoy their drinks. Potted plants line the perimeter, providing privacy and a sense of intimacy, while fairy lights strung overhead twinkle softly as dusk descends, casting a warm glow over the scene. As patrons sip on their expertly crafted lattes or indulge in a decadent slice of cake, they are serenaded by the gentle hum of conversation and the occasional chirping of nearby birds. The café buzzes with life, yet there's an undeniable sense of calm that envelops the space, making it the perfect retreat from the chaos of the city. But there is one particular patron who definitely needs this calm, who needs this escape from the chaos and especially the anxious nerves that overwhelm her mind and that individual is the reigning SCW Television Champion; she is “The Phoenix” Marie Jones.

Some might argue that Marie is lucky to even be the SCW Television Champion today and that she is lucky to still have the opportunity to defend it this week on Breakdown in Sydney, Australia against Sean Michael Prime and Aisling. Jones would disagree with that assessment. She is confident that had Konrad and his pals not gotten involved, she eventually would have defeated The Enigma clean in the center of the ring. Nevertheless what’s done is done and that is now marked as a disqualification victory whether she likes it or not. She cannot change the past but what Marie can do is control her present and control her future. This triple threat match on Breakdown against both SMP and Aisling will prove to be extremely difficult and very challenging, mainly because Marie does not have to be beaten in order to lose her championship. But this is the kind of challenge she wants, this is the kind of challenge she came back to SCW for; she wants matches like this to prove to any and all of her doubters that she has indeed turned over a new leaf. She will not take any shortcuts and she will not take the easy road. Marie intends to face this challenge head on and prove that she is still worthy to carry the SCW Television Championship and that she is still the workhorse champion in SCW.

The challenge that SMP and Aisling bring to the table isn’t the only thing weighing heavily on the mind of Marie Jones as she sits at this table in the café. She also has the lingering questions in her mind about what to do with her newest love interest Percy Matthews. Percy is an ex-con who doesn’t particularly like going by his real name. He prefers his nickname; Death’s Head. His status as an ex-con, his intimidating presence, the fact that he he has a record, all of that raises red flags but the one time Marie did spend with him, he seemed to be a genuinely friendly and polite man. Marie’s childhood friend, Melinda Jade, insists that Marie give Percy a chance and Marie’s heart wants to give him a chance. But Marie’s mind tells her she should learn more about him first. What kind of record does he have? She has an idea but the details are vague. Everyone she has spoken to insists that she give him a chance, even her cousin, Glory Braddock. Still, there remains one lingering issue that Marie should address very soon; her family does not know about him, at least not yet. That will all change soon enough. Marie is not going to let secrets like this remain unspoken. She recalls what happened the last time that happened. It did not turn out well for her.

“Did you miss me?” The voice is that of Marie’s mother, the matriarch of the Jones family, Angelica Jones. The eldest Jones is carrying two cups of coffee, one that appears to be doctored up with lots of sugar and cream whereas the other is pure and simple black. She sets the doctored one in front of her daughter and keeps the other for herself.

“It’s not like you were gone very long.” Marie points out. “Thanks for getting the coffee, though.”

“Don’t mention it.” Angelica sits down. She glances at her daughter’s cup and smirks. “I will never understand how you can drink it like that.”

“That’s fair because I don’t understand how you can drink it straight like that.” Marie feigns a shudder. Angelica laughs lightly as she sips on her coffee.

“You should try it sometime. You might find you like it.”

“No thanks. I will take my cream and sugar any day.”

“Enjoy it and enjoy this beautiful view of the city.” Angelica says in a warm, sweet voice. “Because tomorrow you and I are going to get to work.”

“Work?” Marie asks curiously.

“Yes, work.” Angelica grins. “You didn’t forget about that championship match of yours, did you?”

“How could I?” Marie sighs. The weight of being Television Champion weighs heavily upon her shoulders but it is a weight she proudly carries. She is happy to be the workhorse champion of SCW and does not want to lose that status anytime soon. “What bugs me is The Enigma.”

“Try and forget about that.” Angelica tells her daughter but, as with most stubborn children, Marie won’t listen.

“I had him beat. I know I could have beaten him clean. Instead I had to settle for a disqualification victory.”

“Like I said, try and forget about it.” Angelica states yet again. “Being the Television Champion means that you cannot afford to dwell on what happened in the past. You have to constantly live in the present and right now your two clear and present dangers come in the form of SMP and Aisling.”

“I already beat Aisling.” Marie points out. “And SMP can’t seem to buy a win.”

“True, and in a one on one scenario I’d say you would be safe to have that much confidence. But this is a triple threat match. Aisling could pin SMP and become champion…or vice versa…” Angelica pats Marie on the shoulder “...you have to win it, Marie. You have to win it by pin or submission.”

“That’s exactly how I want it.” Marie says with confidence brimming from her voice. “I don’t want what happened last week to happen again. No more settling for a disqualification, no more settling for the cheap and easy way out. I didn’t come back to SCW to settle for the cheap and easy way out. I came back to bust my ass and work my way back up through the ranks. I came back to prove that I am the best. That’s why I am entering the Taking Hold of the Flame battle royal.”

“Oh yeah?” Angelica asks. Marie nods her head in confirmation. “That’s a whole new ball game right there. I haven’t won that before. But your sister came close last year. Kimberly started the match and made it to the final three. I might not be the right person to ask advice for when it comes to the Flame, but Kim would be.”

“Good point. I will definitely talk to Kim when I get the chance.” She sips on her coffee. “Do you know if Kim will be here for Breakdown?”

“With Kim you never know where she will show up!” Angelica grins from ear to ear.

“Another good point!”

“So where do you want to visit first on your last day of sight seeing before your last rigorous training session in my dungeon?” The Dragon says with a knowing smirk. Marie chuckles lightly.

“There are so many great places to visit. Maybe the Sydney Opera House?”

“Been there, done that.”

“You don’t have to brag about it.” Marie winks.

“Sorry. But yeah, we can visit it. Anywhere else?”

“I wouldn’t mind seeing a beach or two.” Marie states.

“Always a popular choice. Anything else?”

“That’s probably more than enough. I doubt we’ll be able to hit all of that. Besides,” Marie sets her coffee cup down and looks at her mother “we should probably have a long talk.”

“Long talks are never good.” Angelica follows suit and sets her coffee cup down as well. “What’s on your mind?”

“Well, a couple of weeks ago, in fact it was a few days before my flight to Japan.”

“You didn’t get drunk and pregnant did you?” Angelica asks with a wry grin.

“What? No!”

“Just checking, because that is a bad idea, especially when you do it at a convent.” Angelica remarks. Marie shudders.

“Anyway…” she sighs to collect her thoughts “...I just went out with my friend Melinda. She wanted to celebrate how I overcame my issues surrounding Inner Peace and Julianne and all that. It turns out she had ulterior motives.”

“Oh really?”

“Yeah…” Marie nods her head “...she introduced me to this guy. His name is Percy Matthews but he prefers his nickname; Death’s Head.”

“Death’s Head? Sounds like a real winner.”

“Come on, mom! I’m being serious because I really need help here! He seems like a real nice guy, he is originally from the south and you can tell from his sweet southern charm. You say he’s a real winner? I mean it. He really could be a winner.”

“Ok, it sounds like you have things figured out.” The Dragon shrugs her shoulders. “What do you need me for?”

“Unfortunately Percy has a past.” Marie shakes her head. “It isn’t a good one, either. Melinda met him because, well, you know how Melinda spent time in prison? Percy did too. Both had difficulty transitioning to life outside of prison.”

“I see.” Angelica’s jovial mood suddenly goes away. She is now in full on serious maternal mode.

“He claims he has put his past behind him and that he is a changed man. Melinda is vouching for him. I want to give him a chance, I really do, because he is a nice guy and all, but I don’t know much about his past. But I’m also afraid of being hurt again. Between Damian, Arthur, and Julianne now…” she pauses to collect herself “...I’m just not sure I can take more disappointment, more heartache.”

“I get it, I really do.” Angelica nods her head. She wraps a comforting arm around her daughter’s shoulder. “Sadly, we Jones women haven’t had much luck with relationships. I have been married three times and I have had two other failed relationships since then. My sister, your aunt Kayla, is on her third marriage now. Your sister Jessica is on her second relationship, but that one does seem to be lasting much longer than her other.” Angelica chuckles. “Funny thing, Kim has only had one boyfriend and only the one. Maybe you should also take relationship advice from Kim too? Whatever she’s doing is working!”

“Great. That’s helpful.” Marie remarks sarcastically.

“Sorry I can’t help you much. Although I will say this, follow your heart.”

“How many times have I heard that?” Marie asks with more sarcasm dripping from her voice.

“If you’ve heard it before then maybe it’s the right advice?” Angelica winks. “But if you’re looking for approval from me, I will give you the green light to see it through. I mean, I spent time in a mental asylum. Who am I to judge your new boyfriend?”

==========
On Camera
==========

Sydney, Australia! The Phoenix has taken flight and is about to land right in your great Australian Outback! Ok, well, Sydney may not exactly be the Outback, but you get the drift, right? I hope you get the drift and I hope to see each and every one of you right there live and in person shouting and cheering for your favorite SCW wrestlers…or booing them, whatever your preference may be! And I am very much looking forward to competing in front of each and every one of you! I look forward to once again defending this SCW Television Championship, a title that I am proud to carry with me from city to city, and now from nation to nation! Everywhere I go I swear to you that you will get the very best of The Phoenix and right here in Sydney, Australia is no different! The only difference is that I have to put down not just one but TWO opponents in order to walk out of Sidney with my championship gold still around my waist! Is it a tough mountain to climb? Of course it is. But nothing worth achieving was ever easy.

First, before I talk about my next title defense, I want to discuss what happened in Japan. The Enigma may say that his sneak attack on my sister had nothing to do with her, or nothing to do with me, but let me spell it out for you, you big giant freak; you may not have been targeting Kim, you may not have been playing mind games with me, but anytime you target a member of the Jones family you immediately have made an enemy out of all of us. What was I supposed to do, huh? Just say nothing? Just pretend as if you didn’t just attack my sister? I said what I said and I stand by my words. I meant everything I said to you in the build up to last week. Why? Because it doesn’t matter what your INTENTIONS were, Enigma, the fact is that you attacked my twin sister and that meant that I owed you an ass kicking. And whether your big dumb ass is willing to admit it or not, you did get your ass kicked in Japan. You know I had you on the ropes and if I hit you with one more Vindicator or one more Ave Maria, I would have beaten you clean in the center of the ring. I would have exposed you. Think about that next time you decide to play your stupid ass games at the expense of the Jones family. If you want you maintain this aura, this mystique of yours, then you’d better leave us the hell alone, or the next time you come around I will finish the job.

I did retain my Television Championship last week. The record books do show that I defeated The Enigma. Unfortunately it was not the way I would have liked. I returned to SCW so that I could redeem myself, so that I could make my way back to the top without resorting to the cheap and easy path I used to take. Alas, thanks to The European Fiery Goons involving themselves in my business, I had to settle for a disqualification victory. That kind of victory does not set well with me because that is the cheap way out. That is the easiest way of retaining a title. Well. Ok, the easiest way of retaining would have been to crack Enigma’s skull open with a chair and get MYSELF disqualified. But this…this wasn’t much better. I swore to all of my fans, I swore to ALL of the SCW fans, that I would be a fighting champion, that I would be the workhorse champion SCW deserved. But that’s not what a workhorse champion does and that is not the kind of victory I came back to earn week in and week out.

Now SCW moves on from Japan to Australia and instead of defending against a cheap magician I am defending against Sean Michael Prime and Aisling. I am defending my championship in a triple threat match, the type of match where I do not have to be involved in the outcome in order to lose my title. Funny how things work out, don’t they?

SMP, you haven’t been able to BUY a victory lately. Lady luck seems to hate your damn guts. Anything that can go wrong has gone wrong for you. But here you are in a triple threat championship match. Out of fear of sounding arrogant or condescending, I think I would stand a pretty damn good chance of beating you one on one, SMP, especially with your track record lately. Ever since I’ve returned, I only lost ONCE in singles competition. Ever since you came to SCW awhile back, you have won…well…I don’t think you HAVE won. But here, in this scenario, you could make the greatest turnaround in history. You could take my title without having to beat me.

Same applies to you, Aisling. Remember me? We tore the house down in my return match back in SCW. And I know you and Colleen were a little miffed that I forgot to say your names in my promo for Taking the Leap…cardinal sin in professional wrestling, I suppose…but I do respect the hell out of both you and Colleen. I fought both of you and you both pushed me to my limit. I respect what you two have done for yourselves, going from merely being seen as Polly’s sidekicks to being a true threat in your own right. But again, not meaning to sound arrogant, but one on one, straight up without any fancy stipulations or gimmicks, I think I could beat you again, Aisling. But this isn’t one on one straight up. This is a triple threat match. You could beat SMP and this title becomes yours.

Ordinarily most champions would be pissed off about being in this scenario. Just look at my cousin Glory! She went on a rampage that lasted several weeks for losing her gold in a triple threat! But me? I love this! I love the fact that I am defending the SCW Television Title in a triple threat against BOTH SMP and Aisling on Breakdown. You heard me right. I love it and you want to know why?

If there is anything else I want more than just to redeem myself, if there is anything else I want more than to be the workhorse of Supreme Championship Wrestling, that one thing I want more is to face bigger challenges, greater threats, and you can’t find a threat much bigger or more dangerous than having to defend against multiple opponents in a match where you do not have to be pinned or made to submit to lose your gold. These are the challenges I have been craving ever since my return to SCW. I crave them because I want to challenge myself and I want to prove myself to the entire world.

SMP, your run of bad luck is going to continue. Aisling, one day you will find that success you crave but it won’t be at MY expense. This Phoenix has risen and no one will bring her down! One person couldn’t do it and live from Sydney, Australia, everyone will find out that TWO people can’t bring The Phoenix down! I will keep flying higher and higher! Just keep bringing on new challenges, SCW. Line them up, I will take them all on. SMP and Aisling, triple threat? I can handle this because I am The Phoenix and The Phoenix is rising!
[Image: Fr3dxo2WIAAhCXt?format=jpg&name=large]
SWC Southern Heavyweight Champion 1x
MWA Turmoil Champion 1x
GCW World Tag Team Champion 1x
HKW Bloodlust Champion 3x
2022 SCW Trios Tournament Winner
SCW Underground Champion 5x
SCW Television Champion 1x
MWE Chicago Way Champion 1x
5LW Television Champion 1x
Queen of the Death Match

[Image: mariejones.png]

SCW Television Champion 2x
UWA World Champion 1x
UWA X-Class Champion 1x
IWC World Tag Team Champion 1x
MCW X-Division Champion 1x
GDW International Champion 1x
GDW World Tag Team Champion 3x

Season 5 / Episode 5 / Turning Heads (Part 2 - Breaking Out)

[Image: DYeb.gif]