Dark Fantasy vs. The Phantom Troupe
Syren & Ravyn Taylor vs. David Striker & Chris Dumont

4 RP limit for tag

3500 word max per RP

Deadline: 11:59:59 pm ET Wednesday, May 8, 2024 (BACK TO NORMAL DEADLINE)
[Image: MKl96W9.png]

[Image: bcywcYD.jpg]
I love AJ Allmendinger.
The screen lightens and we find ourselves inside of the Clover Bar somewhere in Japan before we cut to the inside of the infamous location itself where we find none other than David Striker himself sitting at one of the Texas Hold ‘Em tables, empty save for the “Front Man of the Dope Show” who is simply sitting at the empty table and tossing chips into the dealer’s side without a care in the world.

The group was already near Saitama, Japan as the Pro Wrestling Nova tour of Japan that David and the rest of the Troupe was a part of in Hoshigaya, selling out the Koshigaya Municipal Gymnasium for the tour…and they went into Breakdown on a simple mission;

To kindly “repay” both Twisted and Sadistic and the Enigma for their bullshit a couple of weeks before the last pay per view.

But instead it turned into one long running battle and the Troupe even had a hand in screwing up one of the title matches on the card to which David wouldn’t have cared had it not been for the fact that it was Marie Jones’ title defense…and while they had nothing directly to do with fucking up her match, but that did not change how either David nor Chris felt about the situation.

Chris especially was furious over what happened.

And he was still fuming as he entered the room and sat down slightly across from David, the emotion clearly evident on his face.

“So, have you reached out to her yet?” David mused to his younger friend.

Chris simply shook his head at first before slamming a fist down onto the table, causing the chips to jump about. “Seriously, if those three wanted to play hide and go fuck themselves, then why did they have to force others to play as well, David?”

David simply shrugged as he tossed another couple of chips over into the dealer’s end of the table, his attention focused there for some reason.

Chris noticed his friend’s look and then leaned forward, a look of slight concern crossing his face. “Everything alright?”

“You know what I hate?”

Chris arched an eyebrow at that, “What?”

David held the chip up in his hand and looked at it for a moment. “People who believe that they have an iota of power in any given company which seemingly automatically grants them the ability to do whatever they want in anywhere. Enigma thinks that he’s some kind of all powerful spook with powers from the next realm…like *THAT* gimmick hasn’t been done to death over the last three decades…and the next thing you know he’s interrupting shit that he has no right interrupting and throwing people around like he’s freaking Darkseid from DC Comics.” David said in a low, dark tone as he continued to regard the chip in his hand. “Then you got Twisted and Sadistic, going around believing that just because they didn’t lose the tag team titles the way that *THEY* believed that they should’ve lost them, they believed that they could force the issue and just attack people…get them good and pissed off so that they could take advantage of the situation at the pay per view.”

David’s hand then quickly snaps into a fist, crunching the chip in his grasp as he does so.

“But the moment…the *moment*...that someone calls them to task for their shit, they go into hiding or act as if they are the innocent party..like it’s all some kind of sick joke and it’s one that I’ve been running into way too much as of late.” David continued, his dark eyes narrowing a little.

Chris nodded as he leaned forward on the table, “I know man. But it’s just something that you’ve got to get used to in this industry. I mean look at my old man, the moment that he’s forced to retire due to all of that constant bullshit that he was forced to put his body through in Wrestleworld, he’s forgotten the very next show. But my dad doesn’t care about it, he’s too busy enjoying his retirement with my stepmother and my half-brother…besides, like he always said when I asked him how he was able to handle it when I was younger, he’d just shrug and ask where his Sprite was.”

Now this drew an odd look from David, “His…Sprite was?”

“Yeah, my dad really enjoys the whole lemon lime drink thing, constantly orders it no matter where we went to eat when I was younger and through today even. Once and only once he tried that lime cucumber flavor that Gatorade has and it nearly made him choke, it was funny because he took one sip and then he as like all gechk…arghe…” Chris went on to explain, before finally breaking down into weird noises as he acted like he was being choked horribly by something.

Now this was just enough to finally get David to crack from his seriousness as he started to chuckle and then finally break down laughing as Kyle walked into the room, stopping at he watched David fall out of his chair laughing like a madman. “Whelp, that’s an improvement to say the least.” the bearded man said as he walked over with a piece of paper in his hand before also sitting at the same table as the other two men.

“So whatcha got there, Kyle?” Chris asked as he indicated the paper.

Kyle held up the paper with a bemused look on his bearded face, “Well since neither you nor Davey had your phones on you, the SCW front office called me up and I’m to let you know that on the next edition of Breakdown, the two of you have a match against Syren and Ravyn Taylor, Dark Fantasy."

Now this drew an end to David’s laughing as he reached up to pull himself up off of the floor, his face red with wet with tears from how much he’d been laughing. “Oh really?”

Kyle nodded as he presented the paper to David, “Really. I wrote down the particulars for the show and what not, just to make sure that all of the bases are covered.”

“Alright, thanks brother.” David said as he took the paper from Kyle and started to read it while Kyle turned his attention over to Chris.

“So how’s that training with Aisling going?” Kyle mused.

Chris got a little bit of a sheepish look on his face, “It’s going…”

Kyle made a clicking sound with his tongue and teeth, “Come on now, Chris, out with it.”

Chris’ sheepish look suddenly turned slightly more sheepish as he ran a hand through his short hair, “I was teaching her how to do a faster leg sweep in a match. You know the kind of move that Jason teaches us at the Academy that we can then quickly turn into a scissors kick?” He asked at which point the other two men in the room agreed as they both knew the move that Jason Wrath (the longtime and suffering tag team partner/best friend/”Guy Friday”/Business Partner/etc of Vergil Urahara) would teach everyone in his advanced class.

“Well, what about it?” David asked, now more interested in the conversation.

Chris looked at the two men and let out a sigh of frustration, “Look, maybe I shouldn’t be talking about this..” he started to say but then Kyle did a mock cough while saying something under his breath. “Ex-squeeze me, what did you just say?”

Kyle smiled a great big smile, “Coward.”

Chris rolled his eyes and let out another sigh of frustration, “Alright, it’s just the more that I taught her the move, the more I found myself admiring her…attributes.” he finally said in an embarrassed tone.

Kyle only smiled and reached out to ruffle Chris’ hair before leaning back in his seat, “See, you are human after all. And she is a very lovely creature too, so I can see why you’ve got googly eyes for her, Chris.”

Chris, at this point in time, tried to sink down further into his chair. “I hate you most of all, Kyle Roman Gibson.”

As Kyle started to laugh long and hard at the statement, David pushed everything else out of his head as he resumed looking at the notes that Kyle had written down about Chris and his forthcoming match against one of the more experienced teams on the SCW roster…then slowly and surely a truly wicked idea started to form…the kind of wicked idea that matched the slowly growing wicked smile on the Front Man of the Dope Show’s face.

{The screen then static jumps to black}
{The screen static jumps and we are outside of the Clover Bar across the street from the Qudos Bank Arena in Sydney, Australia and this is where we see the collective members of the Phantom Troupe in SCW-David Striker and Chris Dumont along with Irvine and Kyle Gibson-standing outside of the arena in their street gear. An unusually serious look on David’s face as the “Front Man of the Dope Show” gives the camera a hard look}

David: Well here we are, another edition of Breakdown and the grand debut of the Dope Show itself as I, David “Bam Bam” Striker, and the “Ronin” in Chris Dumont make our long awaited and unexpected tag team debut here for Supreme Championship Wrestling and the truth of the matter is that this is that while we’re not going up against the two people that we’ve been gunning for in the forms of those two useless sacks of rotten meat in Glory Braddock and Brittany Lohan, we still get to showcase the Phantom Troupe’s well earned and proven skills in a tag team match against one of the best here in SCW in the form of Dark Fantasy.

Now Syren and Ravyn, you’re probably asking yourselves, am I at a hundred percent following everything that I went through at Taking the Leap? How could I even be at sixty percent even following every hellish thing that I put myself and Kimberly Williams through in the Long Hard Road out of Hell match?

Truth be told I really don’t care because if I am at a hundred percent or sixty or hell, even ten…I would still be in this match and still fighting for the right to prove that nobody in the Phantom Troupe, hell even the DOPE SHOW ITSELF…is anything to walk over or to be stepped up upon as some kind of psychotic bitch’s concept of a stepping stone and yeah, I know that’s big talk from someone who has been given more than his fair share of title matches since his arrival here in SCW…but if I was just here for the titles, then how could I say that with a total honesty that I’m here for the fans, that I’m here for those in the back whose talent fucking amazed me into joining this promotion?!

I might be a lot of things, ladies, but I ain’t nobody's stepping stone and I must certainly not a greedy little bitch!!

{David suddenly gets a very thoughtful look on his face for a couple of seconds}

David:...unless you count those scant times that I’m able to get my hands on a few things of Faygo or Cheerwine soda, but then again those things are fucking gold in my opinion.

Chris: Kind of like I am with Irn Bru, you know..Scotland’s other national drink?

{David quickly motions over at his tag team partner as Chris bumps fists with Kyle in agreement in the background}

David: You see, my partner gets the point because he *understands* what I’m getting at and while I know that you two have accomplished a lot in your time together, Syren and Ravyn, but my question is can the two of you boast the same thing? Are you in each other’s head so far and so deep that you instantly know what move to hit next in order to further along the punishing of your opponents in any given match?

Are in the same league as Chris and myself, or Hells! Myself and DJ Hunter, the original Phantom Troupe?

I mean yes, I get that the two of you are married and that you’ve been tagging for a long time now, which implies that you’ve gotten to some degree of what I’m walking about, but in the long run have you really gained the ability to instantly know what moves to use next in a tandem just from a fleeting glance or a snap and a point?

Chris and I have that level of understanding and we’ll be more than happy to introduce them to you this week on Breakdown. But understand this, ladies, we’re not here in this match to play any little games or to make the two of you look good. No, we’re here to prepare ourselves for what we’re really going after;

That’s our two pounds of flesh from Twisted and Sadistic.

And I’m not joking when I say that either, ladies. Most people who step into the ring against the two of you would go on and on about how they are the future of this company’s tag team division, right? They’d constantly go on about how they are going to use you both as a stepping stone to the tag team championships.

No, not us.

No, we’re simply going to tear through the two of you…get our hands on Twisted and Sadistic, lock them in a meat freezer, and then slowly take our time getting our pound of flesh from Braddock and Lohan respectfully.

And not just for the attacks that they did on my partner Chris here…but also the pounds of flesh that they owe Polly, Colleen, and Aisling as well as Marie and everyone else that they attacked during the course of their little…”tantrum”...a couple of weeks back.

{Slowly but surely, a small evil little smile crosses David’s lips for the first time this entire promo}

David: Surely, you two ladies can’t fault us for having such an…honest reason, yes?

Chris: You have to forgive my friend here, Syren and Ravyn. I feel the need to explain something and for good reason because you see, my friend here he enjoys being a professional wrestler, just like his older brother and sister. He enjoys the struggle to constantly improve himself and to further the art of the sport that we all take part in and he loves to share that love with everyone else who also loves it.

Hence why he was having so much fun with Kimberly Williams during their series for the Underground championship, he was having an honest fun time while showcasing the utter freedoms of that division from a creative standpoint.

But it seems that nobody in this promotion has ever seen a Jacob Striker or Jessica Lovecraft match, nor have they seen any of David’s previous works with promotions like Pro Wrestling Nova, Gamma Pro Wrestling, or Project Honor…because if anyone who knows *anything* about the Striker family knows that the moment the moment that you cross that line with a Striker, then you just flipped a switch because their integrity has been dissed and all of a sudden all of that energy that's dedicated to David here having nothing but sheer fun in that very ring...that suddenly becomes the one singular thing that you can't escape and that is pure, raw creative fury.

Me on the other hand, as I have said many times before in that I am my father’s child in that tag team wrestling comes as easily to me as breathing. And while yes, my first tag team outing back at Taking the Leap might not have been the most auspicious of beginnings for me here in SCW in that area, I can promise you that come Breakdown that you’ll assume that the person who’s been wrestling Kimberly this whole time has been someone else entirely.

But that’s not me boasting or anything, but the pure honest truth.Because normally, he’s like a bull in a China shop at the moment someone rings the bell, but in this case, with that other place constantly feeding him loss after loss while telling him to “trust in the system” and all that bullshit, because here tonight-he finally gets a chance to show his more serious side and you two have the esteemed honor of being the first two people to witness that first hand and he will not fail to impress.

{The camera then cuts over to where David is standing, his hands covering his face as he has been pacing back and forth for a few seconds while Chris has been talking, but he stops now and slowly lowers his hands to reveal the grim determination on his face}

David: As my partner here has so casually explained is that you must forgive me for my rage, Dark Fantasy, because right now would be more than happy about finally getting a chance to work with one of my closest friends here in a tag team match against two highly qualified people such as yourselves and I’m sorry, I am so incredibly *SORRY* that Braddock and Lohan has gotten me so riled up, so furiously pissed off that it has ruined this match for me after a a fashion that in turn that only serves to piss me off even more as I think about it.

But I promise the two of you that the moment that bell rings, the both of you will have my complete and utter attention and my focus will be nowhere else but upon the two of you and upon nothing else but this match.

And oh what sights we have to show you, Dark Fantasy, do the Phantom Troupe have planned our dear opponents.

So tie the laces of your boots extra tight and that you’ve said all of the prayers that you need to say because at Breakdown, you might be coming in to try and have some fun like you normal but tonight instead tonight, it’s going to be one hell of a wild ride for the both of you wind up being on some of the most crazy ass shit that you’ve ever found yourselves have.

Hells, the two of you might even run into something that the two of you that you’ve seen before or ever seen again and it will be also one of the most intensive and furious struggles to date here in SCW and you might even learn something because like always when the Phantom Troupes are up for a tag team match you,l

So I hope that you’re both hungry for a fight because when the Phantom Troupe is going to come in, and we’re going to come in *HARD*!!

So see you both on Wednesday, girls.

{David then goes walking off, as he starts to whistle a very familiar dark little tune as the screen static jumps to black}