Heartbreakers versus Modern Marvels
DEADLINE 1 - 1X 2,500 word limit RP, in whatever format you choose
FRIDAY 16TH NOVEMBER 2018 2359 EST

DEADLINE 2 - 1x 750 word limit SHOOT rp, to be used in the show. This rp must be sent to the EMERGE PM box before the deadline of SUNDAY 18TH NOVEMBER 2018 2359 EST
ON CAMERA
The scene opens up inside the studio of the Modern Marvels, Evan and Alex Marchetti, as they stand in front of a black backdrop. They look like they’ve been awake all night, busily editing their video for EMERGE, but something doesn’t feel right. Alex has his head held low, and runs his hands back, pushing his hair back.

Alex: “You know, Evan and I have been working hard on trying to figure out what we wanted to do this week. I mean, we have a big match coming up against the Heartbreakers…”

Evan: “Those two newbies to EMERGE because, apparently we’re the welcoming committee now.”

Alex: “Yeah, but that’s not the important part here is. Earlier in the week, we took a bus ride down to Niagara Falls figuring we’d record our journey and show the world what it was like. It was going to be uploaded to our YouTube channel and presented for our next match, but a funny thing happened along the way.

Evan: “Yeah… whenever we went back to the footage, we didn’t like what we saw, so we’d go back and film it again to try and get the right feel, only to fall short again.”

Evan throws his arms up on the air.

Evan: “It was like anything we tried to do would never match up to what we wanted to do, you know? It was all too… too gimmicky. It wasn’t authentic. It wasn’t genuine. It wasn’t us.

Alex: “That’s right. Something Evan and I pride ourselves on is always being real with you guys, and that’s why we’re here right now. There’s no fancy green screen here. There’s no costumes. There’s no script. We’re just going off the top of our heads right now. And if we’re honest with you, since we joined EMERGE… well…”

Evan: “Things have not gone the way we had intended. We walked in and won our first match against the Harem. Great… but since then we have not won another match. THIS is a big problem for us.”

Alex: “A HUGE problem. The Marvellous Marchettis… we’re not cannon fodder. We’re not the guys that you want to send out there to make stars out of someone else, and if you think we’re going to be happy just having a job with season two contracts not guaranteed, you’re out of your fucking minds!”

Evan pats his brother’s shoulders.

Evan: “Alright… we got this…”

Alex turns and heads back in the scene, likely to cool off a bit, as Evan steps ahead.

Evan: “So while Alex and I hit a bit of a creative dry spell… while we couldn’t quite put together a video of our trip to the Falls… we wanted to put together a little compilation for you. I know these Heartbreakers… whatever their names are again… they’re thinking they’re going to walk into EMERGE… into OUR arena… and make a statement at OUR expense. Well indulge me for a minute… and let me show you exactly what happens when you cross the Modern Fucking Marvels!”

The scene shifts to a recorded video…

“Alex and Evan Marchetti… for three years, the Marvellous Marchettis have been a force on the independent wrestling scene, winning Championships from coast to coast.”

The opening scene shows Alex and Evan…

Walking to the ring with various Tag Team Championships…

Hitting their signature maneuvers on a variety of opponents..

“They’ve defeated teams like Total Emissary…”

We see a tandem superkick on Sir Corbin of Total Emissary.

“And the Losers…”

“A similar fate befalls Blake Hackett of The Losers.”

“They’re decorated competitors, but will never shy down from another challenge. But beyond that, they are social media mavericks, as their Marvellous Marchetti Podcast has become one of the top indy wrestling podcasts on the internet.”

We hear a clip from one of the shows, where Evan welcomes the audience to the 100th episode of the podcast.

“And their entrepreneurial nature helped launch the wrestler site RestHolds.com, where independent wrestlers have been able to market their own merchandise to a worldwide audience.”

We see someone scrolling through the Marvellous Marchetti store.

“When you’re facing the Modern Marvels, you’re facing world-class athletes. They don;t know the meaning of the word “Quit”... inspiring message? Or poor education? Let’s just say they won’t be entering any spelling bees. Because if they did…”

A still photoshopped image of the Marvels superkicking a kid on stage at a spelling bee can be seen. At least… we hope it’s photoshopped.

The scene returns to our main scene…

Alex: “Heartbreakers… I don’t expect any of that to get through to you. I don’t expect any of that to affect you one way or the other. To be honest, I don’t expect much from you to begin with. And that’s okay, because the less we affect you now…”

Evan: “The more it’s going to knock you on your ass when we kick you in the face! Alex and I… we aren’t coming to play. We aren’t coming for a sideshow. We’re coming to show you and every other tag team in EMERGE that WE are the future of the tag team division. That WE are the cream of the crop. The best here. And you boys… you’re going to be the lambs led to the slaughter.”

Alex: “Because in the end, there are men as modern... “

Evan: “And no team as marvellous!”

With that, the pair cut the scene to black…

OFF CAMERA
Alex: “Not bad?”

Evan: “Better than our bus trip, that’s for sure.”

A pair of heels can be heard clicking off in the distance. Alex and Evan look off screen to the person approaching. As the footsteps get closer, their accompanied by a slow clap.

Voice: “Modern Marvels… well done.”

Alex: “Can we… uh… can we help you?”

The body comes into focus, and neither man recognize her off hand… but we sure do.

Woman: “My name is Ava St. Claire. And I believe you and I have some common interests.”

Evan: “Okay?”

Alex: “I don’t think that our interests are that common, Ms. St. Claire. Besides, aren’t you pining after Gavin Taylor?”

Ava lowers her head, snickering a bit.

Ava: “So you guys don’t care that the Purity Movement used your match three weeks ago to make their own statement? Hmm? Because they’re not going to stop. They WANT EMERGE to be their own playground, and they’ll stop at nothing to get there. That affects you, whether you see it or not.”

Evan: “We’ve got the Heartbreakers... “

Ava: “And you can beat them. I’ve seen what you can do. You’re good. But if we’re going to break through… if we’re going to make sure that Purity doesn’t get their claws into EMERGE and rip it apart... “

Alex: “What’s this “we”?”

Evan: “What my brother means is… you have your battles. We have ours. Maybe our intentions bleed over every now and then… but if this is a sales pitch? We’re not buying. Let’s go, Alex.”

The brothers walk by Ava, who stands in place watching them go. She looks over, seeing that the boys have forgotten their camera. Adjusting her top, she walks over to it, switching it on...