Mark O'Brian versus Kaito versus Tyler Jackson
SPIRIT CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDERSHIP

DEADLINE 1 - 1X 2,500 word limit RP, in whatever format you choose
FRIDAY 16TH NOVEMBER 2018 2359 EST

DEADLINE 2 - 1x 750 word limit SHOOT rp, to be used in the show. This rp must be sent to the EMERGE PM box before the deadline of SUNDAY 18TH NOVEMBER 2018 2359 EST
[Scene opens with Tyler Jackson, sitting down inside his apartment, donning a black long sleeve shirt ad blue jeans. He's holding his phone it seems as he flashes a small smile.]

Tyler: There's a lot of opinions about what it takes to be a man. What a man should look like. What a man should act like. What a man should represent. What his values are suppose to be. What their role is suppose to be.

[Tyler pauses.]

Tyler: But, honestly, I feel as if no one talks about what a man should't be. What a man shouldn't represent. What a man shouldn't do. And as someone who calls himself All Man, All Machine, naturally, the whole ideal about what it takes to be a man isn't lost of me. Wih that said, as much as us, men, are suppose to brag about every victory, every success that we accomplish, there's something every man should be willing to do. And that's admit when they failed.

[Tyler rubs his hands through his face.]

Tyler: A month ago, EMERGE put together a handy little tournament to determine the first ever SPIRIT Champion. Luckily, Vanilla Sky put myself in that tournament and in which alli had to do is win one match and then a fatal four way with the other three winners and that SPIRIT Championship would be mine. I would be the first. The only. No one could ever take it away from me. In order for me to do that, I had to beat Jennifer Helms. And I admitted that Jennifer Helms was the most talented person I've ever stepped in the ring with. I kid you not. She's only been wrestling for about a month, but she is everything they say she is. A Prodigy. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but who wants anything easy?

[Tyler eyebrows rise up a few times.]

Tyler: I knew it would take everything I had to beat her and then win the SPIRIT Championship. I trained as hard as I normally do. I studied as hard as I did and I gave Jennifer Helms everything that I had.

[Tyler looks down.]

Tyler: And it wasn't enough.

[He lets out a sigh.]

Tyler: My best wasn't good enough. And to make matters worse, Jennifer goes and wins the championship. ow, I'm not angry or jealous. Not at all. Disappointed? Absolutely. I wanted to be the first.I wanted to win. Wrestling is fun and all, but you want to win.That's how you move forward. And it was a tough pill to swallow, knowing that my best wasn't good enough.

So what is a man suppose to do when they fail? What is a man suppose to go from here?

I'll tell you want this man won't do.

I won't make excuses. I won't say Jennifer got lucky. I won't dwell in the past, as stinging as that loss was.

This man is moving forward.

This man is picking himself from off the mat.

And this man is going to go at it again.

[Tyler nods.]

Tyler: Now personally, I've never been to Washington D.C. The nation's capital. Looks like a pretty cool place. I've always wanted to stay outside the White House and see t for myself. Well, maybe not these days because, you know, but still. And EMERGE is Invading Washigton D.C. on December 10th for the next big event. And as great as D.C. sounds, I'm not looking forward to sight seeing. I want to go to D.C. to say I'm on a business trip. And that business is getting another chance at the SPIRIT Championship.

Ad in order to do that, Kaito, Mark O'Brien, you are in my way.

And you know what has to happen when someone's in my way.

[Tyler pauses.]

Tyler: I've been talking this long about what a man is suppose to do. But let's flip that Kaito, Mark. What's a machine suppose to do? Complete the mission given. Leave no one behind, no one standing. I didn't complete the mission last time. Ad so I went back, I calibrated, I trained, I worked on new things, and I learned. This Monday, you two will see the result of what I've learned.

It's easy to throw names and assume things when you're on the same side Mark. Calling me a mark. I shrugged that off. We were team mates two weeks ago. We didn't get the Dub but clearly, you think you're above me. Keep in mind that you lost, but we both lost. But like I said, it's easy to throw shots. Let's see how confident you feel when you have to meet me head on huh?

[Tyler raises an eyebrow.]

Tyler: Bcause even though you've won more titles than me and Kaito combined, I mean, there's a reason you're here trying to recapture that magic. There's no need to act like you're above because Kaito, myself, even little Haruto can see it. A man who's confident in himself doesn't need to prop himself up to feel better about himself. He just needs to produce.

And here's your chance. Prove to me that I'm wrong because Kaito and I aren't backing down. You think Kaito is going to let Haruto down sitting on the apron? You think Kaito would even allow you to punk him out in front of his beloved?

[Tyler has a tongue in cheek tone.]

Tyler: No. But Kaito, your motivations and stuff might be out there and strange, I've seen you. You hit hard and you move very quick in the ring. And I want to see it for myself after watching you on film the past few weeks. This triple threat match is going to be fun, don't you agree?

I think you would.

Monday night, all of us will be standing across from one another with one goal in mind. That's the beauty of this. We all have different things driving us, pushing us forward. That's what they want to see. They want to see s leave t on the line for what we believe in. And I believe exactly what I told Vanilla Sky, that if I get another chance at Jennifer Helms, things would be different.

But I can't get there if I lose.

So, I won't. As a man, I know I have to work for everything that I want. As a machine, I know I have to eliminate all who enter my path. As a man, I must learn from my mistakes and keep fighting. As a machine, there can't be any margin for error. So come Monday, Kaito, Mark, I'm punching my ticket to D.C. And it'll be my SPIRIT that takes me to Invasion.

[FIN]

[He hits the back of his phone and it stops recording. Tyler takes a sigh as he exists he small kitchen and flops on his silver couch. He looks upward at the ceiling, thinking about Monday and how this was another chance to make a big statement early in his career. He remembered losing to Jennifer and the long walk back to the locker room.

The feeling of a missed opportunity when she won the title.

He wondered if that would have been him had he won.

It didn't matter though. What's done is done.

*RING*

He shakes his head a bit, hearing his phone ring. Quickly, he drops his head to the couch, where he sees his youngest sister Saddie's name pop up on his screen. Without hesitation, Tyler answers the phone.]

"Sads! What's up?"

"Tyler?"

"Yeah. It's me. What's up?"

"Where are you?"[Tyler stood up once he heard her tone. She didn't sound cheerful.]

"I'm home. Why? What's up Sads?"

"I'm in the hospital. I was training today and...when I was jumping off the top rope, I rolled my ankle and hit the ground. I think I broke it."[Tyler's eyes grew wide. He stood up from his seat. He looked out at his window as the rays from the sun creep into his dining room]

"What?"

"Sharon and Alexander took me to the hospital. I told Mom and Dad. They're on their way."

"Shit!"[The news made Tyler run his hands through his hair. He did't expect know what to think since this was so sudden.]

"When did this happen?"

"Like an hour ago?"

"Are you ok? I mean, shit, I mean..how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine. It feels like my ankle is burning though. It fucking hurts. But I think I'll be ok."[Tyler rubbed his mouth with his left hand a few times.]

"I don't mean yor ankle. I know that. I mean in general."[Saddie didn't say anything right away and that only made Tyler's mind race even more.]

"What do you think Ty? I'm pissed. I mean, I was doing well. Sharon and Alexander have been telling me I'm doing great and...all I dd was just do a simple jump. I wasn't even doing crazy. I was just jumping off for fun and....what if I'm out for two months? Three months? I'm going to be behind everyone else."[Tyler walked arod the living room for a bit.]

"What if I'm behind and I fail and-"

"No, don't say that. Don't say that shit.'

"What if I do? I'm going to be in a cast! I'm not going to be able to do anything...it's my fault. I should have never climbed up to the top. I..I should have just entered the ring like normal.."

"Sads, this isn't going to help."

"What?"

"This. Beating yourself up. Throwing yourself a pity party. Sounds like it was a freak accident. Shit happens."[Tyler could hear Saddie sigh from over the phone.]

"I know this sucks right now. I know it does Sads. But, I also know that you'll bounce back. Remember when you fell off that big slide when you were six and Mom told you not to climb up there and you did? You got a big bump on your head ad everything/ And you made it. You're tough Sads. Tougher than me. No matter how long you're out, you're going to beat this and you're going to keep kicking ass."[Tyler leaned his back against his wooden door.]

"This sucks. I'm not saying anything that's going to make everything better. But, we made a promise. That we both would do this. Together. I can't do that without you and I'm not going to let you quit because of this. Freak accidents happen and it sucks it happened now. But you're going to get up from this. And you're not going to quit. Unless you decide you no longer want to do this. But a setback like this? No. You're stronger than this. You're going to be fine."[Saddie let out another sigh as Tyler did as well.]

"When will you be able to make it here?"

"I'm on my way, Sads."

"OK. See you when you get here I guess."

"Yeah."[Saddie ended the phone call and Tyler looked p at the ceiling again. His sister needed him to be there. And he was going to be there for her. Tyler quickly grabbed his shoes and threw them on before he opened the door and left his apartment.