Blake Mason vs. Cassidy Carter
Number One Contendership for the SCW World Championship
Blake Mason vs. Cassidy Carter

3 RP Limit for singles; 4 RP Limit for tag; 10 RP limit for the elimination tag;
Deadline: 11:59 pm ET Saturday, November 24, 2018
*NOTE THE DIFFERENT DEADLINE*
[Image: 3zThvbB.jpg]

It’s early in the day, hours before the SCW event in Paris, France is set to start. Blake Mason is sitting in the back seat of a limousine. He wished he had his usual driver, he wasn’t going to allow one small detail affect his mood. The tour has been a long, exciting but lonely, extremely lonely. He didn’t anticipate the hoard of women who would wait after shows all for the privilege of basking in the afterglow of the Blake Mason Experience. Tempted as he may have been, this was one tour where he wasn’t going to rack up frequent flyer miles. The days where he took a random girl to his hotel after a show was over. It would be easy to revert back to his more reckless ways. He is 28. That life didn’t give him the thrill he needed anymore. Was it hard to resist temptation? Not as hard as the world believes. His one reason for keeping himself chaste is about to join him in the limo right now.

There is a knock on the door. He waste no time opening it. He slides over to make room for the person who decided to join him. Her name is Taylor Chase. She sent out a tweet giving Blake a heads up she would be in Paris to visit him and Owen Cruze. Seeing that in his mentions put a smile on his face. He misses her. One of the hardest parts of being on tour was knowing there was no way he could borrow a moment of her time.

As he stares into her enchanting eyes, he recalls the last time he spoke to her...

On that day he wasn’t in the backseat of a limo. He was in the front seat of a Lincoln Continental. In the driver's side seat was his Reverse Flash costume. There was one more stop he needed to make before he made his way over to Kelcey’s to take part in her yearly Halloween Party, an evening where everyone, including rivals, would put their differences to the side for one night to show that everyone can indeed get along. Blake didn’t want to miss this for the world. To this day he adores Kelcey. That’s why he pushed so hard to be her last match, to show Kelcey that he was sorry for all the horrible things he had done to hurt her. Blake wasn’t in regular communion with the Perfect Ten, for the best all things considered, he could live with the fact she wanted him there. No intention of missing the party.

Just as Blake is about to fire up the ignition, his phone rings. He answers the phone.

“It’s the weekend, Fen. Whatever it is can wait. I’m heading over to--”

Fenmore cut him off. Blake allows him to finish whatever he said. Whatever Fen told him elicits a sigh. “Are you serious?”

Blake continues to listen. He presses the button to minimize the phone screen. Scrolling for  the Twitter icon, he opens his account. He types in Bree Lancaster in the search bar. Locating her account he sees her tweet about showing up to the Halloween Party. Pressing his ear against the phone again, he says to Fenmore. “Wasn’t counting on her being there. Great.”

He pauses to let Fenmore continue the conversation. Done with saying whatever he said, Blake chimes in. “You didn’t need to alert me, Fen. Don’t you have a lady to entertain? I appreciate all you’ve done for me. I don’t need an overseer. I can handle myself, ya know.”

Blake shakes his head, “Um, no. I’m not hooking you up with Mikaela. Don’t need that complication. I didn’t need this one either. That’s life, I guess. I have some thinking to do. Thanks for the heads up, bud. Remember, Mikaela is off limits.”

Blake hangs up the phone. He looks back at his Reverse Flash outfit. He questioned if he would be able to go to the same party Bree was at. Last year he put on a show bringing three girls with him. His intention was to have fun, he won’t deny that he wanted to get a rise out of Bree. Another year. Different circumstances. He was done with Bree for good this time. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t feel things. Knowing he had to made a decision fast, he picks up his cellphone, scrolling through his contacts he finds the name of Kelcey Wallace. She’ll forever be Wallace to him. Can’t bring himself to calling her Kelcey... Cannon. He calls her number. Didn’t take her long to pick up her phone.

“Listen, I’m afraid I can’t make it tonight. Bree posted on Twitter that she is going to be there. Figure it is in my best interest not to show up.”

Sits in silence listening to her response, “I know, trust me, I do. I appreciate the spirit of the night. Rising above our differences. I always believed in that ideal. Ok, not always. I have allowed pettiness to fill my heart. I am ashamed of that. I also need to be honest with myself, tonight I am not in the headspace to overlook the fact a woman I had to cut ties with will be there. Sienna will be there, too. We both know she will try something with Chris. I can’t promise I will be able to rise above that. I’ll always be protective of you, Kelcey. I failed you on multiple occasions. Don’t want to fail you tonight. Hope you understand.”

Kelcey responds. Blake nods. “Thanks for being a real angel. Talk to you later. Bye.”

Blake hangs up the phone. He didn’t want to back out of Kelcey’s party, a large part of his evolution he is learning day by day is coming to the realization that doing the right thing is extremely hard. He looks back at his Reverse Flash costume. He says “Maybe next year.”

He is about to fire up the engine. As he is about too for the second time, an idea comes to him. Today didn’t need to be a total loss. He grabs his phone, scrolls through his contact list to find his own saving grace... Taylor Chase.

Blake asked Taylor Chase to meet him at a nondescript location. From there, Blake drove the First Lady of Wrestling to his intended destination, the Beverly Ridge gated community. Showing the security guard his ID, the gates open. Driving all the way up to the garage, Blake stepped out the car. He walks around the car to let Taylor out. He grabs her hand, leading her to the front step. From their vantage point they can both see the mega mansion sits on top of a hill. They can see the large pool. If they went down the flight of steps on the next level down, a patio area where there are couches set up for anyones relaxation needs.

With her interest piqued, Taylor says. “Your brand new bachelor pad; huh?”

“Not exactly. Permanent place of residence. Finally sold the mansion in Bridgehampton, couldn’t justify living there anymore. Memories. Me and Kayla can have a fresh start. Will move in officially during the the pay per view break. Kayla will have so much fun. Hopefully you will, too. Sebastian as well. Six bedrooms, Taylor. Enough room for everyone.”

Stunned, Taylor Chase responds. “Whoa, you’re asking me to move in?”

“When you’re ready, Tay.” Blake reassures her. “Not going to force you to make a decision now. I was looking at this mansion, the first thought that came to my mind was, I know Kayla, Taylor and Sebastian will love it here. A gated community. All the privacy in the world. Top notch security. And a pool. Who doesn’t want a pool, right? It was a no brainier I needed to buy this place. Consider this purchase a declaration of intent that I plan to spend my days with you. True story.”

Taylor eases up a bit knowing that Blake wasn’t asking her to move in straight a way. A smile forms on her face. “Your fun, exciting. Always felt a connection to you. I’m a mother now, I need security. When Orlando was alive, dealing with him and Scott, enough to give me a migraine. Can’t deny you don’t have the greatest relationship history.”

Blake nods. “I only need to get it right once. One thing working in my favor. I’ll love your son unconditionally. Scott may not want to admit it, every time he sees Sebastian he’ll be reminded of Lando. Deep down he knows he will always be second best to a man who is better than all us, especially me. Search your heart, know it to be true.”

“Star Wars? When did you become a geek?”

“Blame Kayla.” Blake holds Taylor’s hand. “I’m moving in here regardless of what you decide. I hope you take the next step with me. I can sing my own praises. Words are just that, words. I’ll show you this is where you need to be. No one else has my attention, only you. The day you tell me there is no shot, I’ll let it be. Until then, I’m keeping the dream alive. I’m that confident you’ll find your way to me.”

“You can start by giving me a tour of the inside.”

“Gladly.” Blake reaches into his pocket, grabbing the keys, he place the right one in. With the door open, he gives Taylor a tour of his brand new home.
-

Remembering two weeks ago made Taylor sitting in his limo next to him extra special. Blake knocks on the glass window dividing him and Taylor from the driver. The window lowers. “Can you take us back to my hotel, please?”

The driver responds. “Ok, Mr. Mason.”

The window raises up back to give Blake and Taylor privacy. He looks back at Taylor. “Glad you came.”

Taylor smirks. “You seemed bored.”

Blake knew she was referring to his late night tweets after shows to kill time. “I was. Being alone isn’t a talent I mastered yet. I’m getting there.”

Taylor softly kisses Blake. “Today you don’t need to be. Anything you want to do, I’m all in.”

Blake takes her hand, squeezing affectionately, he says, “Works for me.”

And with that, Taylor rest her head on Blake chest. He wraps his arms around her. True. Story.  

11/23/2018

Friday morning, the twenty third of November to be precise, Blake Mason sits in the kitchen of his childhood home wearing a white satin robe and blue fuzzy slippers. Holding a cup of coffee in one hand; he is looking at  a montage of Cassidy Carter wrestling. Yesterday was great. Thanksgiving is always a blast. The second he woke up the following day, it was back to business. In two days he has a shot to become the number one contender for the SCW World Championship. His first one on one shot in years. His head needs to be in the game. He knows it. Cassidy Carter is a dangerous opponent. Had no intention of  taking her lightly. Taking a sip of Folgers coffee, he places the cup down. The sound of the doorbell breaks his concentration from the footage he is scouting. He hits pause on the tablet. Standing to his feet he makes the long trek from the kitchen to the auburn double doors that provide the entrance to the home he has stayed in since childhood.

Opening the door his eyes widen as his sister-in-law, Loretta Inglewood-Hemingway stands there bundled up due to the negative three degree wind chill making everyone who isn’t outside miserable. He steps to the side. Loretta walks in. With the door shut behind him, he offers to take Loretta’s coat. She offers it to him. Feeling that he needs to point out the obvious, Blake asked, “Where’s my brother?”

As if she knew the question was coming, Loretta doesn’t waste any time responding. “He’s fine. It is going to take more then Gavin Taylor and his security team to stop our Purity movement.”

Blake walks over to the coat rack. He says while hanging up Loretta’s jacket. “Glad he’s ok. That doesn’t answer my question, Loretta. Where is Drake?”

“Can’t speak openly about that. All you need to know Blake, your brother is back to doing what must be done.”

Blake faces Loretta once more. She stared blankly back at him. Deciding not to push the issue, he replies back. “Ok. Fair enough. What brings your here?”

There is a silence that grips the air. He has always known Loretta as this strong, stoic, often passionate woman. Acting unsure of herself is a sight he isn’t used to. He stood there patiently waiting for Loretta to struggle to get the words out. “I... need your assistance.”

Blake is surprised by her request. Just recently his brother was tossed through a window backstage after the latest Emerge show. Drake’s feud with Gavin is beyond personal, both men’s careers are at stake Blake felt. No way he could involve himself. For starters, Drake has followers in hoods who are tall enough to get the job done. Beyond that, his brother’s desire to purge Emerge of the darkness was not a fight he can stand by, he changed, for the better. With regret, Blake informed Loretta. “You should go to someone else.”

The fire he is used to seeing from Loretta comes out. She glares at him as offended he would casually dismiss her call for help. “Why? We’re family.”

“If you have come to ask me to assist you with your... movement. I can’t. All the chaos and destruction you and my brother are unleashing on the Emerge roster is not right. You can spin it anyway you want. Hurting people for the greater good is beyond wrong. Simply not worth it.”

Loretta takes a deep breath. She calmly states. “I respect that, Blake. I did not come all this way to ask for that level of help. I’m here for another reason.”

Blake crosses his arms. “Shoot.”

"Marrying your brother was unexpected. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to marry anyone. I appreciate his gesture. Putting a ring on my finger showed me how much I mean to him. I am forever in your debt arranging our marriage. I have come upon a complication. A wench who believes she is entitled to my husband’s physical vessel.”

“So Kandis doesn’t want my number anymore?” Blake flashes a sly smile hoping to lighten the mood.  

Loretta predictably doesn’t. Knowing it was best to keep his mouth shut, he allowed Loretta to carry on. “I continue to wonder why your brother has given his attention to an Outsider. Why does he trust her? She’s a siren who cares about nothing other then her carnal lust. Kandis doesn’t wish to indoctrinate herself into our ways. Even if she said she does, I wouldn’t trust her. Part of me is concerned that Kandis may have corrupted your brother. I can’t have that. So, what I came all this way to ask you is, can you ask your lawyer, Fenmore, to draw up some divorce papers.”

Blake can’t believe it. He has known Loretta to be a unique person. This is the first time he has seen her out outright, human. Definitely a sight to see. He composes himself. He points out to Loretta. “Don’t you think you’re being a little extreme?”

Scoffing at the notion, Loretta fires back with a resounding, “No!”

“Has Drake touched her?”

“No.”

“To your knowledge has he slept with her?”

She scrunches her face. “No.”

Blake offers a smile. “You’re overreacting, Loretta. Can’t divorce someone just because another woman has goo goo eyes. Women like the bad ass; tattoo, cult demeanor. Charles Manson got women to kill. Who knows, may be that’s Kandis type. If she has one.” Blake shrugs.   

Loretta rolls her eyes. “Her type is anyone with a penis.”

Raising an eyebrow, Blake responds, “Not gonna lie, I have heard rumors...”

“You wouldn’t?”

“The version of me several years ago would have.” Blake shrugs.
“Back then; the old me would have taken that ass to pound town, a lot has changed, especially now. I arrived at a point Loretta that I need to set clear standards in my life. No more taking a woman to bed just because she looks pretty. My judgement needs to be better. If my brother is the man he claims to be, he won’t cross that line with Kandis. Nice girl.  Don’t get the impression she is very pure. ”

Blake acknowledging what Loretta feels to be true brings a smile to Loretta’s face.  “Thank you for seeing that.”

“I’m not pure either, Loretta.  We both know if I asked you to go upstairs, you wouldn’t deny me.” Blake winks.

Loretta’s eyes widen. She gulps. “Don’t be ridiculous.”

“Not to sound arrogant; but I know when a woman is into me. It’s my sixth sense, Loretta.” Blake smirks. “Every time you and your brother come to see me, your cheeks become flush. There is an extra twinkle in your eye. The few times me and Drake argued, you’d always take my side. You don’t look at my brother that way. It surprises me in a way you are so defensive about Kandis wanting to strip Drake of his purity, when the truth is, you wouldn’t mind me stripping you of yours. Not like your marriage is a traditional one, is it?”

“Tradition? According to who?” Loretta places her hands on her hips. “It took until the 19th century for Western World to romanticize the concept of marriage. Back then marriage was pure, marrying for love was rare. Our marriage is based on tradition. Not love. No emotions to bind us together; honor defines who we are. Drake made a commitment to us. Kandis could care less. Her flagrant disrespect bothers me. Why doesn’t Drake see that? I came here today as a precautionary measure. If that siren somehow slithers her way into his pants, she will not soil my marriage.”

Blake rest a hand on Loretta’s shoulder. He sternly looks at her. “Not giving you what you want. I refuse to let you take the easy way out. I know all about that. Come with me.”  

Loretta follows Blake to the living room. Both take a seat on the couch. Blake continues. “My relationships with Rachel. She left me once, I left her the last time, in both instances could have been prevented. The night I slept with Mary Mallory, I thought I needed her help to protect Kelcey, I wound up hurting Kelcey anyway. Those are my three biggest mistakes, relationship wise. All because I took the easy way out. I should have fought to keep Rachel with me, both times. My actions with Mary showed Kelcey I had lost faith in myself to keep her safe. I can go on and on. You get the point. In life; it's easy to take the cowards way out a situation. I’m urging you; don’t. This is a mistake. We both know it.”

“Blake--”

“Loretta. Listen.” Blake says cutting her off.  “I won’t allow you to take the cowards way out. Don’t show my brother you’re losing faith. Drake asked to marry you. Think about that. What can Kandis truly offer him that you can’t?”

Loretta ponders what Blake just asked her. With a firm expression on her face, she responds with one hundred percent certainly. “Nothing. She is an amoral jezzabelle. I saved his life. Drake is indebted to me.”

“No. He isn’t Loretta.” Blake shakes his head. “I don’t doubt you made a difference when he needed you most. Indebted? No. Doesn’t work that way.” Blake grabs her hand.  “Don’t doubt I am on your side. I don’t agree with your views on purity, looking beyond that. You are a passionate, determined, driven woman. Always been that. Kandis may have the physical attributes. Bigger is not always better. You have nothing to worry about.”

Loretta nods. “You’re right. I allowed my insecurities to get the best of me. Sorry I wasted your time.”

Loretta stands up. She is prepared to leave. Before she can get too far, Blake grabs her wrist. “Helping family is never a waste; I haven’t always been the greatest family man. I’m changing that, one step a time.”

Loretta smirks. “Drake is lucky to have you as a brother.”

Blake chuckles. “Don’t tell him you said that.”

“You were right.” Loretta sits back down. “You are an temptation, I confess. Where you’re wrong is  I wouldn’t succumb to my lust.”

“All in the name of purity?”

“Partially.” She was going to stop at that. Blake has a way of making people feel comfortable. In the moment she felt comfortable enough to let him in on a little secret. “I share an emotional bond with your brother, one I have tried my best to suppress... until now. I couldn’t betray him. Much like you wouldn't.”

“Sleeping with anyone connected to my siblings is a deal breaker.” Blake smirks. “Word of advice, being pure should not mean you need to deny your needs. Think about it, you wouldn’t be here if your parents didn’t have sex. Drake wouldn’t be here if my mom didn’t cheat on my father. You care about my brother. He cares about you. He’s not a virgin, cement your claim. You’re a Mason now. Take what’s yours.”

Loretta blushes, “I can’t, Athena would be ashamed.”

Blake sighs, “So you care more about pleasing a Greek Goddess then a man you clearly admire? Only live once, Loretta, don’t lose my brother’s heart over a work of fiction.”

Loretta kisses him on the cheek. “Thanks.”

“No need to thank me. We’re family. You must be cold. I’ll have the maid make you some hot chocolate. While you’re here, you can help me prepare for my match on Sunday.”

Loretta nods, “Of course.. brother.”

Fin.

<PROMO TIME
“Something Bigger.”>

<The opens inside the TD Banknorth Garden. The camera scans all the seats in the arena to reveal all the seats are completely empty. Focusing on on the floor, we can see that the SCW ring is set up. Sitting on the steel ring steps is Blake Mason. No fancy suit. Not expensive wardrobe to show off how rich he is, taking inspiration from his older days all he is wearing is a black Alter Bridge t-shirt, black jeans, a pair of Nike sneakers. He is leaning his back against the ring post. He gives off the impression he is in deep contemplation. His locks his eyes on the camera. With a stoic expression written across his face, he opens his mouth to speak.>

“November twenty fifth. Boston, Massachusetts. Blake Mason; that’s me,  has a chance to become the number one contender for the World Heavyweight Championship in his own hometown. Feels like a fairytale, does it? Anyone who knows  the real me will tell you emphatically I don’t believe in fairytales. Reality feels more tangible.”

“There has been a mantra going around SCW for months. Erase the past. Sienna has been championing that for the longest time. Sounds cute. A nice catchphrase to put  on a t-shirt. Life does not exactly work like that. It would be easier to erase the past. To undo all the mistakes I made. The decisions I committed to, to make my life a lot more complicated. I don’t have that luxury, do I? I can’t erase losing to Syren with the World Title on the line inside the ring of the steps I am sitting on. Little hard to escape the past. I can’t forget about it. All these people calling me a pretender and a fraud won’t allow me. To tell you the truth, I don’t want to.”  

“What I said on Breakdown was true, Syren did outclass me. What I didn’t share was how broken I felt that night. I stayed in the back. I waited until everyone left the arena. With all the wrestlers gone, I went back out to the ring. The ring crew was nice enough to keep the ring as is. I sat in this very spot pondering what my next move would be. In true Blake Mason fashion, the very next week, I walked down to the ring, I did my best to communicate how I felt. Typical me couldn’t be real enough to express how I felt. In shame I walked up the ramp, walked to the back, didn’t bother to get my clothes. Walked straight out the arena. I had no intention of coming back to this company. Yes, I was that broken. That feeling of loneliness has carried with me for the past four years. I was so embarrassed I didn’t feel I could come home again. Me and my big mouth, right? Challenging the once former best in the world to a match in my hometown. Go big or go home...”

<Blake feels vulnerable enough to drop the stoic mask, he allows the expression on his face to become solemn.  >

“But Blake, you don’t want to erase that moment I can anticipate you asking while as you watch me recount a huge failure of mine. No. I don’t. And I’ll tell you why. Not winning the World Championship here in my hometown wasn’t the brightest moment I had. Walking away from SCW for a couple months is not a shining light on my resume. The one thing I learned that has proven to be true more times than I can count...”

“I am one stubborn son of a bitch.”

<Blake chuckles.>

“Just when I thought I was done. Just when the world had counted me out, I come back more stubborn than ever. More driven than ever. Cassidy, I haven’t lost sight of what your husband has tweeted about me. What you will more than likely parrot; makes sense, you two share the same Hive mind.  Newsflash, it doesn’t matter how much you use your words to cut me down, for ten years I have been listening to the world count me out, why should I care anymore that people like you, people like Ace, can’t forget about Chad; as well. The Hive mind will always recycle the same crap. Go ahead, illuminate that you think I’m a fraud. None of that matters anymore. Unlike certain wrestlers on the roster, I am not going to use the words of a few doubters to motivate me to prove them wrong. What does that prove? It proves they have power over me. I’m done giving the world the power to dictate how I will and will not act. I can proudly say that I have discovered the inner strength necessary to make my dreams come true.”

<Blake smiles.>

“For years, yes, I was a fraud, not in the manner you’re all assuming. I shot video, after video, after video trying to convince the world how I was the greatest thing since sliced bread. I needed everyone to believe I was some Modern Day God. Most importantly, I tried to make people believe the Blake Mason Experience was the greatest thing in the history of space and time. I... didn’t believe. Look at my actions. Look how many friendships I ruined. The bridges I burned, all so I could try to control the narrative of my own self imposed greatness. Those days are gone. It is a brand new day. I am convinced beyond a shadow of a reasonable, not only will I become the number one contender for the World Championship. Big picture? I can give this company a World Champion they can be proud of.

“Whoever wins the Hudson and Sienna match, the World Title will continue to be trapped in purgatory. I put it upon myself to raise the World Championship into the light and not just for me. I owe Mr. D a lot. He didn’t need to extend my contract. He could have let me walk. He would have been justified. I’m grateful he gave me another shot. I want to do it for Katelyn. I haven’t been the greatest person in the world. She has always had faith in me, no matter what. For my family. They didn’t really have a choice. Kinda stuck with me, for better and worse. Most importantly, the fans of SCW. You decided to give me another chance. That speaks volumes. All I want to do is come to work. Do my job. Become the World Champion of the greatest company in the world. Your belief gives me that much more motivation to get another crack at the top prize.”

<Blake leans forward. He stares sternly into the camera.>

“You probably don’t care, Cassidy. Might as well  forewarn you, it is the right thing to do. I have sacrificed more than you know. If you actually believe I am going to allow a sociopathic party girl who doesn’t give a damn about the sport that has given my life meaning to beat me? Ha. You are in for a rude awakening. We can play the what-if game until the cows come home. You were runner up in the battle royal AJ won? That’s your claim to fame? Here is one fact you always gloss over...

I.

Beat.

You.

<Blake points to the camera Uncle Sam style.>

“Remember that Cassidy? I do. I beat you clean in the center of the ring shortly after Rise to Greatness. I gave you the Blake Mason Experience for being a complete bitch to Katelyn and her girls. One of them happens to be mine by the way. I didn’t stand for your douchebaggery then. No chance in hell I am standing for it now. That match was about getting my pound of flesh, the right way, by pinning you. Bound By Blood will be a repeat performance, I am not fighting to teach you a lesson. I’m killing whatever claim you feel you have at a shot for the World Championship. Bound for Blood is MY night. This MY city, with God as my witness, I will not fail it.”

“Welcome to the Blake Mason Experience, Cass.”

“Thanks for coming.”

Blake stands up. He steps on the protective matting, walks to the entrance ramp. Blake walks to the back. The lights inside the arena go out. Scene fades.
The idea of seeing the world would be an absolute thrill to most people. The idea of getting out into the world and making friends with fellow travelers on this big, blue, meaningless marble (or...frisbee...if you are moronic enough to believe that we live on a pizza) we live on, hurling itself through the infinity of space...it stands as one of the ultimate adventures this life has to offer. Traveling from country to country helps reinforce the illusion that there is some kind of meaning to this spontaneous outbreak of sentient life. It makes people feel as though there is a purpose to this all; and, that we aren’t simply meaningless parasites, doomed to live out our pointless existences, spawning more purposeless spawns to further infect this planet before finally dying and decomposing back into the womb of the mother who bore us all.

They say that travel broadens the mind…

Meh.

This isn’t to say that Cassidy Carter did not find some pleasure in the idea of international travel when she heard that Supreme Championship Wrestling would be embarking on a new world tour. Even the most cynical of beings can fins a hint of joy in the monotony of life. After the toxicity that had infected this country over the last few months as small-minded morons of opposing political views waged civil war on one another...Trump this, Trump that...Cassidy was thrilled at the idea of being able to escape this shithole. One of the things Rachel had taught her long ago was, politics truly didn’t matter to everyday lives of most people. Democrats, Republicans...life seemed to move forward at the same pace regardless of who was holding the reigns. If you aren’t poor, reliant on government programs or an immigrant...there was very little that changed from day to day as power bounced from one party to the other and back again like a ping pong ball. All that Cassidy knew was, when one party took power, it was harder to acquire an abortion; but...she had no intention of doing that again.

She remembered being screamed at as she made her way into the clinic. They called her a “whore,” a “murderess,” a “baby killer,” a “bride of satan.” The last one made her laugh a little when she heard it. She had gone in prepared to receive some judgement, black hoodie with the hood always up, large sunglasses meant to hide her identity...the last thing she needed was a picture of her walking into an abortion clinic all over the internet. She knew there would be a herd of mindless bible-thumping sheep there trying to change her mind through fear and intimidation; and, for the most part, she was ready for them. She couldn’t have a baby...not then...it wasn’t that she didn’t love Austin...he was her rock...the one thing she could count on in this world. Cassidy had long ago squared herself with the idea that, if there is an afterlife, she would be spending it in hell. Even if she had spent the majority of her life living in purity; she had once seduced a priest into breaking his vow of chastity while she was still underage. She was pretty sure that was the day she had purchased her direct flight to the flaming gates of the underworld; and, from then on, she had decided to make sure she was upgraded to first class for that journey; so, she knew THAT decision was merely icing on the cake. She was ready for them...or, so she thought. There is a huge difference between mentally preparing for it, and actually being berated with insults. Normally, she would have shrugged it off, waving to the crowd of protestors like Miss America riding a float; but, no matter how nonchalant she tried to force herself to be about this decision, it truly had eaten her up inside; and, there screams were enough to make her second guess herself. There was part of her that wanted to explain her reasoning to them...she was just a kid; and, if forced to have the child, she would have basically relegated it to being raised by an underpaid, undocumented immigrant as she spent her time trying to chase her next high and living her life to the absolute fullest. She was far too selfish to be a mother; and, she feared that a child might scare Austin away. She did what she had to do. And, when it was all over, she crawled to the nearest bar, and drank until she didn’t have to feel feelings anymore. It was the right decision...she knew it, the world knew it.

Politics and religion…the sickening cocktail which was ruining this country!!!

So...when she heard that she would not only get to leave this eroding country; but, also get paid to gallivant around Europe or Australia, she couldn’t help but be a little thrilled; a feeling that was soon crushed by the news that she and her husband would be on opposite legs of that tour. She would be headed to Europe...he would be headed to the southern hemisphere. Cassidy had drafted dozens of emails complaining about this separation to SCW management; but, never gathered the heart to send any of them. It wasn’t that she feared them, or the reprisal she would receive if she sent them...it was…

She had no idea what it was…

Perhaps she thought she could work around it. She wasn’t sure how...her engagements with the LFL in America and SCW in Europe would already be making her schedule chaotic; and yet, she spent many late nights going back and forth between her Google calendar and airline websites. She wasn’t going to be able to make it work; but...she didn’t care.

There was a part of her that took a tiny amount of solace in the fact that she wouldn’t have to endure the constant blather of Kennedy Street or Ravyn Taylor in Europe; though, she was stuck with Blake Mason, the unwanted white knight with a savior complex, who could only see women as damsels in need of saving. She looked forward to a chance to cave in his chest on this tour; but, she would trade that away in a heartbeat, and even endure the constant self-serving rambling of Kennedy Street if it meant she could be with him.

The days before he left for Australia...you would have thought it was their honeymoon. She made sure he knew just how much she loved him, even if she couldn’t always say the words, buying a whole slew of new lingerie and letting him ravage her whenever he wanted. She could still feel her heart sinking as she watched his plane rolling down the runway, slipping the bonds of gravity as it disappeared into the blue of the sky. She remembered standing there, hoping that it would somehow turn around and come back, returning her husband to her; but, it never did. She stood and watched until the gate filled with the passengers of the next flight; and, even then...she waited for a few more minutes. She felt...lost...as she returned to her Mercedes. Since the day they finally rid themselves of Kennedy Street, they had been inseparable. No matter what they did, or where they went, he was always right there by her side. And now…

She didn’t know how to live without him; though, she would never admit it to anyone. There was a part of her, a LARGE part of her... that absolutely hated how much she needed Austin. He was her...everything...one of those corny things you always heard in cheesy songs and cliche filled movies. She hated herself for letting him make her feel that way; and yet, she wouldn’t have had it any other way.

There were a few days between when Austin left for the southern hemisphere tour; and, when she had to leave for Europe. For the first day, she haunted there house like a ghost, entering and reentering rooms, hoping he would be there each time; and, always disappointed when he wasn’t there. After the first night alone in their bed, she decided to rent a room on the strip. The house felt far too empty without Austin there; so, she left it, packing her bags for the tour and moving into one of the Lanais suites at the Mirage for the last two nights. She bought tickets to the hotel’s resident Cirque du Soleil show, Love; which, she left halfway through as it only made her longing for him worse. She tried to immerse herself in a town that had no shortage of distractions; but, it never felt the same without him.

It was her last day in Vegas...and, she was counting down the minutes until she would enter McCarran International Airport and leave this country behind. She spent most of the day Skyping Austin; but, soon realized just how much she would hate this trip. There were only so many times the two of them could masturbate together on Skype. Before he left, she had purchased a Lovesense toy he could control from anywhere; so, he could play with her, even while they were thousands of miles apart.

She could feel a tear forming in the corner of her eye as the crushing weight of her loneliness set in, threatening to crush her beneath it. Her mind screamed at her to run to the airport and buy a ticket to go and join him. Fuck SCW for separating them!! Fuck management for…

“Mrs. Marshall…”

The man’s voice shook her from her thoughts, and threw her back into the present.

“Mrs. Marshall...”

The soft voice beckoned to her again. She was suddenly aware of her own nudity, her body covered only by a thin gown, her bare feet cradled in stirrups.

“Mrs. Marshall? Did you hear me?”

Her eyes opened again, and strained against the bright lights of the sterile room. It took a moment to adjust; but, she forced a smile as she looked down.

“My apologies Dr. Reid. I guess I’m a bit distracted today. I have a flight to Europe to catch in a few hours.”

Dr. Reid’s soft eyes widened as she listened, and a warm smile spread across her thin lips.

“Ooooh...Europe!!! Are you going for work or vacation?”

Cassidy chuckled. It was a forced chuckle, the kind people use when they are forcing small talk. Cassidy hated small talk; but, liked her gynecologist. Dr. Reid was one of the few people she endured in this life; and, in turn, Dr. Reid kept the talk to a minimum. She seemed to know that cassidy liked her; but, also had enough sense not to push her luck. Cassidy’s voice was soft as she responded.

“Work...unfortunately.”

Dr. Reid kept smiling...she was ALWAYS smiling. It was that warm smile that somehow made you feel comforted like everything was going to be okay. It was one of the things that made her so good at her job. You couldn’t help but be comforted by her bedside manner. She chuckled. Her’s was genuine.

“Well...I am hoping you can take some time to enjoy it. Where in Europe are you going?”

“I’m flying out to Norway today; then, Amsterdam, Berlin, Paris, Manchester and London.”

“Wow...that sounds like a dream trip.”

It would have been...to most people. Cassidy felt it was a chore; but, she hated the thought of having to explain why this trip was going to suck. Dr. Reid was one of the few people Cassidy refused to unload her negativity onto, despite being the happy-go-lucky kind of person whose spirit she usually loved to break. Instead, she forced another short chuckle.

“Yeah...I suppose it is. It would be a lot more fun if my husband were joining me.”

She surprised herself as this little nugget of honesty slipped out. She prided herself on being a severely guarded person; but, Dr. Reid’s warmth was extremely disarming. Dr. Reid’s answer was soft and warm, like a hug.

“Well, you know what they say...absence makes the heart grow fonder.”

Cassidy let out a soft, genuine laugh.

“I suppose.”

The two fell silent for a few more moments; then, Dr. Reid began speaking again.

“Well, as I was saying...we confirmed that you are, unfortunately, NOT pregnant. We aren’t sure why you would have been experiencing the symptoms that you have; but, it would seem that your home tests were accurate.”

Cassidy forced her smile, even as she felt her heart sinking. She wanted to cry; but, she refused to allow herself the outlet of that kind of public emotion. She liked Dr. Reid; but, she didn’t want her pitty. She bit down hard on her tongue, forcing herself to remain calm.

“What about the other tests?”

She asked softly, through clenched teeth as she tried to remain calm. Dr. Reid removed her gloves and discarded them in the nearby garbage can before taking a seat at her desk and logging onto the computer. A few clicks later, she had Cassidy’s chart open, and she typed a few things in before responding.

“Sorry about that. Well...all your tests came back negative for any indications of infertility.”

The doctor clicked away at the keyboard; then, adjusted her glasses and took a closer work at the computer screen. When she began to speak, her eyes never left the screen as the pensive look stayed on her face.

“Well...you have no history of infections or cysts, no family history of infertility, autoimmune diseases or ovarian cancer. It says all of your last tests have come back negative for ovulation problems; and, that you have been having regular periods. There does not seem to be any damage to your fallopian tubes or to your ovaries. Honestly...every test we ran came back negative for any issues that would point to infertility.”

She lifted her glasses onto her head, hesitating before she turned to Cassidy, her innocent green eyes looking deep into Cassidy’s icy blues. She had this slight unspoken fear of Cassidy, not enough to make them quake in their shoes; or, to have people visibly afraid of her; but, she did exude an air of unpredictability that seemed to make people uneasy. It was as if they could sense that she was not the kind of person to be rubbed the wrong way. It made people censor themselves around her; and, truly evaluate whether delivering bad news to her was worth the risk. To her credit, Cassidy wasn’t really in the habit of attacking innocents outside of an SCW arena; but, there was something in her eyes that made people believe she was capable of it. To be fair...she SELDOM attacked innocents. It didn’t mean she didn’t do it; or, that she didn’t relish the chance to leave someone bloodied and broken for looking at her the wrong way; especially if she had been drinking. Her gynecologist wasn’t one of those people who had to worry about this mean streak; but, that didn’t seem to alleviate the feeling of unpredictability she gave off. She spoke softly as she began to speak again.

“Have...have you considered the fact that your husband might be the one with sterility issues?”

She seemed to brace herself slightly; but, is surprised when Cassidy just laughs.

“Somehow, I doubt my husband has issues with his swimmers. I mean, he has at least one kid...a son.”

Dr. Reid hesitated for a moment; though, it didn’t seem she was looking for what to say; but, how to say it. She closed her eyes and rubbed the bridge of her nose before speaking again.

“Well...it is possible that your husband may have developed sterility issues between then and now. If he works in the same line of work you do, there is a chance that...sustained testicular trauma may have compromised his...swimmers...as you so eloquently called them.”

Her tone wasn’t sarcastic; but, Cassidy still didn’t like it. And yet, all that escaped her lips was a laugh.

“‘Sustained or repeated testicular trauma…’ he would have had a good laugh at that one.”

Dr. Reid furrowed her brow in confusion.

“It’s not often we get people who find the topic of sterility funny.”

“It’s not so much that he sees the topic as humorous. He WOULD find you talking about his testicles, and repeated and sustained trauma to them pretty funny. That being said…”

“Yes…”

“I...I just…”

Cassidy takes a deep breath, closing her eyes.

“I...know...for a fact...that my husband’s goodies works…”

She pauses for another moment; but, speaks before Dr. Reid can say anything.

“I...also know that...MY...ovaries are...working…or...WERE working.”

Dr. Reid furrowed her brow in hesitation for a moment; but, her eyes suddenly went wide.

“OH! So...you…?”

Cassidy couldn’t look at her, she just mumbled.

“...yeah.”

Dr. Reid nodded in understanding as she spoke quietly.

“...and you…?”

Cassidy felt the knot in her throat as the tears formed in the corners of her eyes. It was the first time she really let it hit her; and, the first time she was forced to think about it...the life...the…

No. She couldn’t say it...it wasn’t a baby. It wasn’t…

The tears streamed from her eyes as she mumbled again.

“...I...did.”

Dr. Reid paused for a moment, unable to figure out how to continue. She reaches over and puts her hand on Cassidy’s shoulder.

“I’m...so sorry Mrs. Marshall.”

Cassidy didn’t raise her head from her hands as she spoke softly.

“Could...could that be the reason?”

Dr. Reid leaned in, speaking softly in an attempt to reassure Cassidy.

“I promise you Mrs. Marshall, that did not make you sterile. Complications related to...that...are very rare. Also, as I said, all tests have come back negative for any of these issues.”

“So...what could it be. What is wrong with me?”

Dr. Reid gently rubs her shoulder again.

“There is nothing wrong with you Mrs. Marshall. All tests came back negative for any reproductive issues; and, your ovaries appear to be working properly. It is possible that the issue is mental. “

Cassidy looked up.

“What do you mean mental?”

Dr. Reid cleared her throat and sat up.

“Well, we have had occurrences where women had reproductive issues that were psychosomatic. Essentially, they can’t get pregnant because of some emotional trauma. It doesn’t occur often; but, when it does, we see it mostly in women with anxiety issues, high stress lives; or, in women who have had previous miscarriages. The extra stress to the system can sometimes throw of the body’s balance and cause these kind of psychosomatic issues that hinder a normal pregnancy.”

She pauses for a moment; then off handedly asks…

“Have you talked to your husband about these issues?”

Cassidy paused for a moment before replying.

“Um...yeah...Yes!”

The pause was not very long; but, Dr. Reid could read what it meant. She furrowed her brow ever so slightly, and Cassidy felt guilty.

“Well...no. It isn’t that I’m trying to force this on him, or trick him into it. From the talks we’ve had, I think he would enjoy the chance to be a father again...kind of a shot at redemption.”

Dr. Reid raised an eyebrow; but, Cassidy ignored it.

“I was actually hoping to surprise him with it and have a super cute reveal.”

Dr Reid nodded

“And...have you told him about…”

Cassidy paused again, averting her eyes.

“Yes...I mean...kind of. He might have thought I was joking.”

Dr. Reid leaned back

“Well...this is an important topic; and, if it is t too forward, I would suggest that you discuss it with your husband. Having an honest conversation about this is the only way that you will begin to unpack the trauma this event caused you; and, begin to heal.”

Dr. Reid removed her gloves and tossed them to the trash as she turned back to her computer, switching back to a professional matter-of-fact tone.

“Well...I would like to see you again in 3 months so we can run a few more tests. That being said, I highly suggest speaking with your husband about the issues you are having.”

She pauses, then grabs a piece of paper off her printer and hands it to Cassidy.

“That being said, I am also prescribing you some anxiety medication. It is an SSRI; so, if you do get pregnant within the next few months, it will not harm the fetus.”

Cassidy took the paper and shook the doctor’s hand. Dr. Reid kept speaking; but, Cassidy was lost in her own thoughts as she headed out of the office and got back into her car. She took a deep breath as tears began streaming down her face. She reached into the center console, pulling out a small vial and pouring a small pile of white powder onto the side of her hand, snorting it quickly before brushing off her nose. She began wiping her tears away as her phone rang. It was her husband. Cassidy took a deep breath and answered.

“Babe!! I was just thinking of you.”

A pause as he spoke; and then…

“Nothing to report. The appointment went as usual, everything is perfect, healthy as ever.”

The camera shakes as the picture comes into focus. We see Cassidy Carter, clad in her usual black hooded sweatshirt. She is sitting in the driver seat of the Mercedes she received after winning the End of the Year Battle Royal a couple years ago. She takes a deep breath as the camera focuses. She looks tired and annoyed as she looks into the camera and speaks.

CASSIDY: “Well...here we fucking are. I want to start by thanking the incompetent assholes of SCW management for separating my husband and I for the last two weeks; and, for giving me the opportunity to earn the title shot I have already earned.”

She paused and rolled her eyes.

CASSIDY: “So...Bound by Blood...I have the distinct displeasure of facing SCW’s resident white knight, king of sticking his nose where it doesn't belong. Yes boys and girls, it the altruistic asshole, riding around and forcibly saving those who don't want or need to be saved. But, who will save us from our white knight who continues to force himself upon the world? Why, it's Heels, the magnificent blonde bombshell who has a knack for slaying unwanted white knights!!”

Cassidy paused and takes on a less sarcastic tone.

CASSIDY: “I've already discussed how I feel about you...the forced hero of your own narrative, wandering around and slaying all the villains of the wrestling world. The simple minded moron who sees the world as black and white; but, isn't smart enough to see that being the hero of your own narrative does not make you an actual hero. It is all about perspective. You see, in your narrative you are the hero; but, have you ever stopped to consider in how many people’s narratives you are the villain? Have you considered how many times you have come to a “damsel’s” rescue; but, she didn't want you there. You aren't the altruistic hero you think you are. As previously discussed, you are little more than Don Quixote, stumbling around the countryside, attacking windmills and claiming you slay dragons. You are the village idiot in so many people’s story...the simpleton idiot who doesn't seem to understand that women do not need to be saved; and, that he is little more than a snake.”

Cassidy’s eyes narrow

CASSIDY: “The reality of this all is that you are a slithering little snake who somehow sneaks his way into situations that he does not belong in. The fact of the matter is, I EARNED my spot as the number one contender. When AJ died, or went into that irreversible coma, or whatever soap opera ailment has befallen him...his ordained contendership naturally falls to the person who owned that Battle Royal until the very last moment...me!! As much as everyone in this fucking company seems to LOVE taking me for granted, to assume that I am nothing more than the some silly little girl who continues to get lucky. None of you have the foresight to back up and look at the big picture, to see the trap I set for each of you. If you win every match, people take you too seriously, if you lose every match, people don't take you seriously at all; but...if you know how to pick and choose your victories, slaying all the right opponents; while allowing yourself to fall to some more inconsequential opponents...well...you get Cassidy, the blonde bombshell who is constantly overlooked; and yet, has pulled off some HUGE victories since coming to this company. And now...I am co-main evening an SCW Pay per View...about to become the number one contender for a world championship; and...poised to become the world champion of a MAJOR company! The fact is, I am so much more than you all give me credit for being. And don't get me wrong, there's a part of me that loves the fact that none of you have taken the time to get to know who I really am. It's still funny to me to hear you all projecting your own inadequacies on me. You constantly try to paint me as some one-dimensional little party girl with no brain because I like to enjoy my life. You and your friends try to paint me as a whore because my husband and I like to enjoy ourselves. The funny thing is, all the things you try to fault me for being seem to be projections of your own inadequacies. The fact of the matter is, you only see the world as black and white; while I...I am the only person who seems to understand the full spectrum. It reminds me of Brian Kinney…”

Cassidy chuckles lightly.

CASSIDY: “During my time with Rachel, she spoke many times about Brian Kinney...the man she said chose to be a peacock in a world full of pigeons. I've never seen that woman faun over anyone the way she did over Kinney. I'm surprised she doesnt sell ‘WWBKD’ bracelets, or name ibe of her kids after him.”

She pauses for a moment, then adds.

CASSIDY: “To be fair...with how stoic and connected to German culture she's become, I'm also surprised she didn't name one of her bastards Otto Von Bismarck.”

She chuckled to herself before getting back on track.

CASSIDY: “According to Rachel, Brian Kinney was one of the first people who dared to be himself, unapologetic for who he was or what he wanted. He didn't care that he didn't fit the mold, he refused to fit in with the status quo; and, as such, he was a rainbow across a monotonous, miserable gray sky. She always wondered what happened to him, believing that the weight of the collective disapproval of the guardians of the status quo finally got to him...as he disappeared into history. The one lesson she insisted I take away from him was to be myself, and never subject myself to the cookie cutter mentality. It isn't to say that I am the only one who lives their life this way; but...I will be the first to break through the top echelon of this company, which is filled with one dimensional relics of the past. This is current America...with the rigid oligarchy holding on to the last vestiges of power. Well...I am the new generation...here to slay the old guard. I am a revolution, coming to break the hold that these antiquated ideals of good and evil have left on this company.”

She pauses for dramatic effect.

CASSIDY: “The truth is, I have already won by making it this far...Cassidy Carter, the little girl you all try so hard to shrug off as nothing more than a joke, is now being seriously considered for contendership; and, I have left a trail of bodies in my wake. Katelyn Buehler, Justin Davis, Konrad Raab, all but one of the participants in the Fatal Fortunes battle royal. I even decimated a large field of competitors to win this very car. The thing you don't seem to understand is...I win when I want to; and...I want this win...so fucking badly!!! If I have to slay Don Quixote himself to do it...well...that's just icing on the cake. Consider this the revenge of all the windmills you slew; and, all the damsels who could have saved themselves; but, we're forced to endure your insufferable attempts at chivalry”

Cassidy pauses one last time, looking deep into the camera as she tries to add emphasis to her final statement.

CASSIDY: “Love me or hate me, you had better get used to me; because, despite your constant attempts to shrug me off and wish me away, despite your small-minded dismissal of me as nothing more than a distraction, unready for the bright lights of prime time...I am here. I have broken through the glass ceiling you keep trying to trap me under; and, I am coming for the heads of the old god's. I am the face of the revolution that will reshape this company in my own image. I am the death of the dark vs light, heroes vs villains, good call evil paradigm you keep trying to shove down our throats. And I know, your point of view is too narrow, and your understanding of the world is too small; but, when you're lying on your back, watching my hand being raised, and hearing the crowd roaring for me, just remember...you aren't the hero in this story...Don Quixote.”

Cassidy’s face remained stoic and fiercely focused as she forced a small smile before the picture cut to black.
[Image: cassidybanner.png][Image: aceandcass.png]