Willow Wilkes versus Ryan Singer
DEADLINE 1 - 1X 2,500 word limit RP, in whatever format you choose
FRIDAY 16TH NOVEMBER 2018 2359 EST

DEADLINE 2 - 1x 750 word limit SHOOT rp, to be used in the show. This rp must be sent to the EMERGE PM box before the deadline of SUNDAY 18TH NOVEMBER 2018 2359 EST
Anything with the “REC” on it is Viewable to the Public.

The Views Expressed By Willow Wilkes & The Beauty Factory Do Not Reflect Those of the Publisher. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

[Image: Willow-Wilkesneondemonlogo.png]

(Click Title)
[Image: willow2019_zpsqjlkra2l.png]

Achievements:
-2x ULW World Champion
-1x ULW Tag Team Champion
-1x MCW/PWD Tag Team Champion
1x EMERGE World Champion
-1x EMERGE Tag Team Champion

Singles Record - | W - 45| L - 7| D - 2|
Overall Record - | W - 60| L - 10| D - 2|

It’s been a while since Ryan Singer has been back to the Forever Young Wrestling Academy that was created by one of his closest friends, Rick Young. In fact, the last time that he was here he was turning over the reins of head trainer over to Woody Hoyt. ‘I feel like I let everyone down’ Ryan thinks to himself as he leans forward on to the ring apron looking up in the ring. He’s had just about every chance possible to become a headliner in EMERGE, but every time he blows it.

Thinking back on his choice to get back into the ring he’s starting to wonder if he’s doing a great big dishonor to his ‘legacy’ and to the fans great memories of him in his prime. You would think that he lost his last match the way that he is wallowing in despair. As he feels like he let another chance to prove himself slip through his fingers, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. In his last match, he defeated “The Greatest Showman” Zach Copeland, but the win feels hollow. Copeland, while a capable young wrestler was just having his first match with EMERGE and Ryan had to tear him down to build himself back up.

Which has spent nearly the last eight years as a trainer feels like it’s going against the grain of who he’s become? For eight years he’s been building the next generation up to be better than his generation, but on EMERGE 14 he did the opposite. He was starting to feel the urge that he was about to vomit, but it quickly disappeared when he’s startled by a voice that hasn’t heard in a long while…

“What the fuck are you doing here?” Ryan turns to his right and where the voice was coming from to see one of the last people he expected to see in the school. It was Rick Young, himself wearing a pair of his custom-made blood red jeans, a black Metallica shirt that’s mostly hidden by the leather jacket he’s wearing.

“I think the better question is, what are you doing here?” Ryan says, turning the question on his friend because the last anyone had heard from “The Razor” was that he was going to be traveling the world with his new wife and they had no timetable set for when the trip was going to end. “How’s the wife?”

Ryan asks even though he’s still in a bit of shock seeing Rick here in the school. As he has been pretty much hands-off with it from the time that he was under investigation as a murder suspect in the death of a former student and former boyfriend of his daughter, Jeremiah Landry.

“I haven’t done much in the business since I retired and everyone threw that big retirement party for me, but I still watch shows,” Rick says, “I watch my family and my friends see how they are doing and lately I’ve seen you struggling.”

“Well, you got that right,” Ryan said as he turns his gaze back up to the ring.

“Are you fucking kidding me right now?” Rick said before he was close enough to Ryan to punch him right in the arm with his middle finger sticking out a little more than rest of his fingers and as hard as he could at the moment. The moment that Ryan felt the punch connect with his arm he felt the muscle tightening up into a Charlie horse. It’s been many of years since the last time he’s experienced a “Hurts Donut” like this.

“OUCH! Fuck, Rick!” Ryan yelled as he started to rubbing and moving his arm around in the hopes of working the Charlie Horse out as fast as he possibly could. “What the fuck was that for?”

“You don’t remember?” Rick asked, but he really didn’t give Ryan a chance to answer the question, because at the moment that he was finished speaking he kicked Ryan in the back of the knees. Not hard enough to hurt him, but more than enough to kick his legs out from under him. Ryan would've smashed his face against the apron if he didn’t quickly brace himself by reaching out with both his arms. Even if one was still knotted up from the Charlie Horse.

“Remember what?” Ryan asked and was starting to get a feeling that he did forget something, but whatever it was… wasn’t bubbling up to the surface.

“Rule number fourteen,” Rick said with a matter of fact tone. Hearing those words start ringing some bells, but still, Ryan can’t remember what Rick is getting at. As he’s more focused on pulling himself up than figuring out what is going on right now. “When shit goes wrong, you don’t sing a sad song.”

At that moment everything came flooding back to him. Rick Young, be it as an All-State Quarterback or professional wrestler has had these rules. Which are more like his moral code when it comes to life in general, because of his love and respect for the military. The irony being is that Ryan grew up in a military family and saw the downside to it, but Rick has always been in love in the military from his exposure to G.I. Joes and war movies. Unfortunately for him, he was never allowed to enlist due to a medical disqualification.

So he did the only thing he could do. Which was to adopt aspects of the military into his life. This gym’s motto has always been “The Only easy day was yesterday.” That has been the motto of the Navy SEALS. Then started to make these rules, all these psychological rules to follow in the business. He’s done his best to pass them on not only to his students but to his friends and family as well. The purpose for rule number fourteen was that he never wanted to or to see anyone close to him waste a second in this business wallowing about setbacks. Not because it showed weakness or vulnerability but because of it just giant time suck.

The moral of the rule was to protect one’s longevity in the business because you can waste a lot of time feeling sorry for yourself. Which meant that you spend less time in the ring, living the dream. Having the memory of the rule coming back to him does brighten Ryan up a little bit. As the moments of him preaching that very rule to the students that he taught in that ring. Zach Copeland, might not be a student of his, but that loss will teach him more than had he won.

“Thanks, Rick I think I needed that,” Ryan said with a smile on his face even though his arm and knees were both still aching from the strikes.

“If that kid quits after one loss than he wasn’t meant to be in this business,” Rick says with a smirk. “If he does, because he lost to the Black Ace of Professional wrestling after he fucked up. Then good riddance to him. Who the fuck needs someone like that. It wouldn’t be your fucking fault that he’s weak.”

Ryan doesn’t say anything he just continues to stand up straight and turns to face his friend. The truth of the matter was Ryan didn’t know what to say to Rick at the moment. He was little pissed off about the physicality, but it’s nothing he couldn’t recover from. However, he was definitely thankful because of the weight that has been lifted off his shoulders will help him in his upcoming matchup.

“Though I probably just wasted my time reminding you of that,” Rick said.

“No, I needed to remember that even if my next opponent, Willow Wilkes, isn’t a rookie like Copeland,” Ryan said, it’s true he won’t have to worry about tearing a budding up and comer, but had he went into the match with the guilt that he was feeling Willow would have been decimated him.

“Always happy to help.” Rick said, “Though that’s the first time I had to pick someone up after they WON a match. Have you gotten so used to losing that you expect it? Don’t you want to be a winner?”

“It’s not that I’m used to losing because I want to be a winner… I want to be EMERGE champion.” Ryan says, but even though he believes the words that he is saying at the moment… his voice lacks the conviction to make it so.

“I don’t believe you.” Rick challenged a part of Ryan because he always made sure that his students were vocal and challenged them vocally. If student lacked confident he challenged them vocally if they lacked physically he challenged them physically. While it’s true that Ryan isn’t a student, but he needs this challenge, he needs to believe in himself.

“I do. I’ve spent too many years in this business to not become EMERGE champion.” Ryan replied as he poked Rick in the chest with his finger to drive the point home. “Come EMERGE 15, everyone will see just how hungry that I am. That I’m sick of being so close, but no cigar. I’ve had glimpses of championship glory, but now it’s time for my hard work and sacrifice to pay dividends.”

Rick still doesn’t seem to believe his friend, but before he can say anything else…

“Don’t believe me…” Ryan says before he gives Rick a shoulder check knocking him backward and down on to his ass. Ryan then finished by saying louder and more defiantly. “Watch me! I will beat Willow and by the grace of God I will find myself in the EMERGE championship match at Invasion Washington!”

Rick couldn’t help but smile because his job was done. He had Ryan fired up for his next match even though it might end up being his last match. Rick reaches a hand up towards Ryan and the standing man happily takes a hold of it to help him back on to his feet.