CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE
AND THE DRUIDS RP - ENJOY

DETROIT

SOME TIME AGO…

Loretta Hemingway pulls up outside the apartment building and steps out of the car, looking up at the building. Looking down at the address she had been given, and then at the nameplate on the building she then closes the car door, and makes her way up to the doors. As she is about to press the intercom, a man walks outside and holds the door open for her, Loretta nodding a thank you. Looking at the building she hadn’t expected a high level of security, and yet the ease she had gotten in still surprised her. She once again looks at the piece of paper, and then the signage on the wall, before making her way to the elevator, cursing at the ‘out of order’ sign and rolling her eyes before making her way to the stairwell and ascending.

FIVE MINUTES LATER

After climbing more stairs than she had anticipated, and negotiating more than her fair share of drunks, and drug addicts out of their face, she arrives at a door and for a third time looking at the piece of paper, she knocks on the door. As she does however, the door creaks slightly open.

Loretta: Hello, anyone there?

No answer comes from the gloom of the apartment, and she steps inside, her eyes adjusting to the darkness. Sunlight peers through the almost fully closed curtains, but no enough to fill the room, and Loretta immediately becomes uneasy in her surroundings. She turns to leave, and jumps back with a start, a huge man nearly seven feet in height stood in front of her

Man: You’d better start talking quick lady, I don’t take kindly to intruders, male or female.

Loretta: My name is Loretta Hemingway, and I hope I am speaking with Dante

Man: I haven’t gone by that name in a long time

Loretta: But you are right? Dante?

The man turns and shuts the door, locking it which fills Loretta with absolutely dread. He walks past her though and opens the curtains, allowing the sunlight to flood in and in turn finally allowing Loretta a look at his face which bore the scars of a lifetime of hurt and misery.

Loretta: It is you.

Man: You are at least half right. I ‘was’ Dante yes, but he has long gone and only Robert remains.

Robert Marshall was the name that Dante has been born with, long before the experiments and the turn his life had taken. He was far from broken, his still muscular frame giving the impression he could snap Loretta like a twig if he chose to. But mentally rather than physically he seemed subdued. Robert throws a few newspapers from off a chair, and motions for Loretta to sit which she does. He may have seemed subdued now, but Loretta had done her homework, and was more than aware what he was capable of if riled. Dante takes a seat on the sofa, almost groaning as he does.

Dante: Excuse the mess

Loretta smiles and shrugs away the comment

Loretta: I’ve seen much worse

Dante: So, care to explain why you were sneaking around my apartment? I’m sure it wasn’t for my wit and looks?

That was certainly true, Dante was far from a good looking man, and some might say he looked horrific. And as for humor, Dante had always preferred to tell it how it is.

Loretta: Firstly, can I assume that you know who I am?

Dante: Yeah Lady, I’ve seen you on the television.

Loretta: Then you were know that my husband is Drake Hemingway

Dante smirks

Dante: The ‘purity’ guy? Yeah, I’ve seen you both, quite the comedy act.

Loretta: I assure you Dante, our cause is far from comedy

Dante: Yeah? Well you could have fooled me. Funniest thing I’ve seen in a long time. But anyway, what does that have to do with you being in Detroit?

Loretta: Because Drake and I would like you to join us.

Dante starts to laugh, a bellowing laugh that fills the room. After a few moments, Loretta gets to her feet.

Loretta: I apologize for wasting your time.

Dante: Hold on toots, you were serious?

Loretta: Of course

Dante nods his head, and motions back towards the chair

Dante: You’ve come a long way, I wouldn’t be much of a gentlemen if I didn’t hear you out.

Loretta retakes her seat, and turns back to Dante.

Loretta: Drake is an exceptional man Dante, and EMERGE is lucky to have him. However, Drake cannot purify the company of its infestation alone. There are those that oppose him, and keep him from succeeding in our goals, namely Gavin Taylor for one, but he is one of many

Dante: And you need me to help?

Loretta: No, we don’t need you to help Dante, we need you to clear the path of these infestations by doing what you have always done best, erasing your opposition. I look at you now, and I see someone who misses being able to crack heads whenever he pleased. That’s Dante is all that we require of you. I’m sure that this hovel is your choice of residence… we could change that. Our funding…

Dante: Let me stop you right there missy, I choose to live like this. I made more than enough being a hired assassin to the likes of your husband over many, many years. I don’t need your money, keep it.

Loretta reaches in her bag, and pulls out a manila folder, passing it to Dante.

Loretta: Then maybe this will change your mind.

Dante opens the folder, and looks at a couple of photographs, obviously confused, before then pulling out a birth certificate, his eyes drawn to the name at the top.

Dante: No, this is bullshit, this can’t be true.

Loretta: Oh, it’s true Dante, you have my word. And the best part, you agree to my terms, you join us in our crusade, and I can take you to them right now, that simple.

Dante: How could I have never known? I’ve been through my past, this couldn’t have been hidden from me?

Loretta: And yet, you didn’t know of the experiments, or the program did you?

Dante: That was different

Loretta: No, it wasn’t, it was just another example of how your life has been kept from you and as I said previously Dante, our reach is wide, with or without you we will succeed in our goals. This could be the beginning of something special for you personally, and don’t tell me you don’t miss it…

Dante leans back on the sofa. Only recently he had seen his cousin Jason King resurface in EMERGE with Willow Wilkes, another woman who had once had an ‘arrangement’ with him. Perhaps he did indeed have one last ‘crusade’ in him.

Loretta: Or, you could rot away to nothing, forgotten. Maybe Dante you should have just stayed dead before because seriously, this isn’t a life… not for someone like you.

Dante runs his hand over his bald head, the scars once again reminding him of the battles he had once had.

Dante: If I do this, I do it with an understanding that I am not bound by any rules. If I strike, you have to trust that it is with good reason, no matter who my target is. I understand the greater goal, and you are in charge and I accept that, but I have never answered to anyone, and I’m not going to start now. I’ll back Drake, but if anyone else gets in my way, they WILL be eliminated.

Loretta: I think that can be agreed.

Dante: I’ll sign whatever you want…

He holds up the manila folder

Dante: Once you take me there, and if this is bullshit…

Loretta: It isn’t.

Dante: IF it is, I’ll have no problem wringing that pretty little neck of yours, and believe me… Drake wouldn’t be able to save you.

Loretta swallows, almost a gulp, but forces a smile onto her face

Loretta: That is exactly the man I came here to see. Do we have an accord?

She holds out her hand, but Dante doesn’t take it, simply nodding his head

Dante: Let’s see if you deliver on this promise first.

Loretta: Of course, I have a car waiting… shall we?

Dante gets to his feet, not bothering with a jacket. He waits for Loretta to leave the apartment, before reaching on top of the door, and pulling down an object which we catch the shine of a blade. He places the blade in the pocket of his jeans and then closes the door shut behind him as the scene fades.

ON CAMERA

The scene opens, with two druids stood, one significantly taller than the other stood with their hands clasped in front of them, their heads bowed. One of them, which of the two it is we don’t know, starts to speak

“The moment we walked into this place, we smelt the impurities in the air. THIS is a company that thrives on scandal, feeds on the carnal vices of masculinity, and allows sex to rule the minds of men and women alike. This company is cursed, a curse that can only be lifted by one man… Drake Hemingway.”

There is a momentary pause, until the second man starts to speak, his voice a little deeper

“Rather than be ridiculed by the likes of Peyton Rice and Gavin Taylor, here is a man worthy of being followed. Here is a man that could actually alive this company to thrive. But instead he is mocked by both those within EMERGE, and those that come to the arenas. He isn’t give the opportunity to teach, to educate each and every one of you. He is lambasted, and made to watch as nothing more than a Fashion Model leads this company further, and further into the abyss. It could have been so much different EMERGE, but now you have given us little choice.”

From off camera the huge frame of Dante steps into view, the druids stepping forwards to his side, their faces still obscured.

“We gave you an opportunity to do the right thing EMERGE, yet you Gavin Taylor chose a path fraught with danger. We gave you several weeks Peyton Rice to run away to SCW, and save yourself from the carnage which is about to ensue.”

Dante points to one druid, and then the other.

“These two men, as well as myself will follow Drake Hemingway as he purifies this company of its infestations, and cleanses it of its imperfections, and we will do that without recourse, or without payment. We will do it for the betterment of EMERGE. And when these imperfections are gone, when EMERGE is whole once more, then you will all give us thanks, for the sacrifices that we made… for EACH and EVERY ONE of you. Selflessly and wholeheartedly… for what is right.”

Dante steps back, the druids once again coming to the fore, one of them speaking

“You know me, and yet know not who I am.”

The other one then speaks

“You don’t know me, but I assure you, you will.”

Dante puts his hand on the shoulder of both druids, his eyes narrowing.

“Oh, a shakeup is coming for sure, and you are looking at the bringers of said change.”

Dante grins, almost manically.

“And I assure you, categorically, conclusively… we CANNOT be stopped. We WILL NOT be stopped. You will ALL bow at the altar of Drake Hemingway… I promise you all of that.”

The lights flicker and then fade, slowly plunging us into darkness, the druid’s laughter filling the air

Messages In This Thread
CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by thisisemerge - 11-20-2018, 02:33 PM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by thisisemerge - 11-26-2018, 05:33 AM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by thisisemerge - 11-26-2018, 05:36 AM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by Corner G - 12-07-2018, 09:10 AM
Livin' On A Prayer - by Rick Young - 12-07-2018, 01:40 PM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by MOTC - 12-07-2018, 05:42 PM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by Corner G - 12-07-2018, 08:47 PM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by Peyton Rice - 12-07-2018, 11:26 PM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by Kandis. - 12-08-2018, 12:04 AM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by Purity - 12-08-2018, 12:09 AM
RE: CAPITAL SHAKE UP RP'S HERE - by Willow Wilkes - 12-08-2018, 12:18 AM